• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic To Never Question | Dystopian

Should the group play as rebels, or Autumn Party/government soldiers?

• Government

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Rebels

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Civilian/Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Thread is up. Still, feel free to join.

To Never Question | Dystopian [OPEN]

Basically, a DMed roleplay where the players are in the middle of a dystopian war zone. Whether you all want to be soldiers working for the government (sides can be switched later), civilians, or rebels, can be up to you. In the end, one of these options will have to be applied to everybody, since this will focus on teamwork.

THERE IS NO LOYALTY WITHOUT ACTION.

Over a century ago, the world was cleasned in cinders and smoke during a supervolcanic event known as Ashfall. This brought about the Great Apocalypses; the Winter Years, the Starvation, and the Chemical Wars. The old nations fell as much of the world was reduced to an ashen wasteland. Many humans were left dead, or mutated in the aftermath of the Chemical Wars. Over the generations, many others "naturally" grew to have dramatically different appearances as they adapted to the Post-Ashfall environment. Some examples are those who took refuge underground, eventually adopting aspects of albinism. Others had the color of their skin change to green due to being forced to eat algae-derived rations due to crop failures. Those people who did not become mutants or posthumans are known as the 'Orthodox', or pure humans.

1519173439597.png

Over time, new nations would arise, but much of the world would remain a brutal wasteland. Sanctaria is the only country left where the Orthodox are in the majority. Presided over by the tyrannical Autumn Party, Sanctaria an oppressive regime which has suffered war and internal strife for decades. Conditions are wretched and miserable the vast majority Sanctaria's cities, with many people living in bombed-out buildings and going barefoot throughout their day-to-day drudgery. Despite the fact that many people essentially live on the same level as peasants, the technologies being used to wage war are only improving. Recent innovations such as the assault rifle, hovercraft, and combat walkers are beginning to appear on the battlefields. Still, the average Sanctarian soldier is only equipped with a coat, some padding, an iron helmet, and a bolt-rifle. These hordes of troopers pour into the bloodsoaked battlefields where they fight against the many enemies of Sanctaria, dying for their evil generals with mindless, eager sacrifice.

Sanctaria, as the last bastion of the Orthodox, has numerous foes. Posthumans and mutants, which outnumber the Orthodox four-to-one, are deemed barbaric, corrupted species that will bring about the end of the Orthodox if they are not defeated. The Autumn Party's ultimate plans are to exterminate them until they are in the minority, whereupon the survivors will be enslaved.

Another enemy of Sanctaria is the Nexus, an entity with control over armies of biomechanically altered humans and war machines. The Nexus is suspected to be controlled by a small cadre of technocrats, which might just be as unpleasant as the Autumn Party itself. The Nexus foregoes ideology, opting to directly control the minds of their subjects using their malevolent advancements in science.

Sanctaria's internal enemies are rebel groups and uprisings, the largest of which is known as the Connection. Inner Sanctaria tends to be more loyal and slightly more prosperous than the outer cities, which are prone to attempting to rise against their totalitarian overlords.

You are a citizen or soldier of Sanctaria, and have been drawn into one of these conflicts.

1519172637719.png

Last edited:
I think we've got enough people. So, would you guys prefer to be government, rebels, or civilians?

I'd personally prefer to be a civilian, mostly because I find the idea of being an innocent caught in the mess interesting, though the idea of rebels are very intriguing too.

Looks like rebels are sorta winning? Is that agreed upon be everybody? I could start working on a thread now.

I added a poll so I get some concrete answers too.

It might be difficult to find a reason why the characters would all start off together if they are civilians.

Also, here's some crappy figures I made for a reference for the appearances of Sanctarian soldiers and Connection rebels.

1520230981261.png

1520230997359.png

It might be difficult to find a reason why the characters would all start off together if they are civilians.

Good point, we could possibly have an RPer or two be resistance already while the others are civis? If we had that goin along with Everyone wants to be a rebel then the one or two who are already rebels would eventually get everyone together.

(just my two cents)

Gradous13 Gradous13 MasterRed MasterRed ReverseTex ReverseTex Trombone Geek Trombone Geek BrokenRemedy BrokenRemedy Bill Nein Bill Nein

Character sheet is here. If you want to be a civilian, I suppose you could be people in the vicinity of the starting rebel outpost, and could show up at the beginning.

Name:
Occupation: (Previous occupation, if rebel. Info can be found here.)
History: (Optional, ask for help if needed)
Hair:
Height:
Body type:
Skin:
Weapon: [Pick a boltgun, subgun, or pump shotgun.]

Weapons:

Last edited:
Name: Otto Hienrick

History:
The Autumn Party, as long as they could wage war and rule with unquestioned power was all they cared about, not the squabbling poor that struggle to get by. That's what Otto's family did, struggled to get by. His father worked as a skilled laborer while his mother a seamstress all while educating Otto themselves. Growing up Otto learned that a childhood was a thing of the past for those in the lower class, at least in his parents point of view, so he went out and started polishing the boots of buisnessmen, officers and soldiers in the better areas of Sancteria for spare change, this was when Otto was seven years old. After a couple years he began work under and older man who was a Cobbler and made enough to sustain himself alone but brought back whatever he made to his family.

The extra money brought a little more happiness to his family as more food was on the table and what was broken in their home got patched up here and there. The man who employed Otto was relatively well off for a mutant which Otto didn't have a problem with it. Torsk was the mans name, he had an enlarged left arm that looked burned but was natural for him and his eyes were like that of a goats. The old man planed to give Otto a raise when he could as the boy learned quickly and did a good job. Otto's first and only raise was one he would never forget. That same day a soldier barged into the shop and began shouting with rage at the old Torsk because of a minor scuff mark that had eluded the old man when repairing the soldier's boots. A beating quickly followed the reprimand and the Officer left, but only after promising that if it were to happen again he would shoot him where he stood. Otto became wiser than his ten year old self would let on, even more so when the soldier came back two weeks later and shot the old man down after shouting "DIE MUTIE SCUM!" and shot an entire magazine from his rifle into Torsk, The man turned to his fellow soldier " Wish we had more Orthodox, then we could purge these fuckers" he said as he left. Otto buried the old man in the back of the building and went back to work, what else was he to do?

His family never found out about how the old man really died, "...a heart attack..." is what Otto told them. Otto eventually found the old man's stash of money in a broken vault under the floor boards behind the counter, which he would eventually empty out little by little and bringing it back to his family. Otto thought about saving half of it in case what he saw would happen to his parents but he was still too naive enough to think it would never happen.

Twelve years old and forced to hold a revolver up to his mother and father after his father had stolen food and punched a Provisional Police Officer in the face, breaking the man nose. Thinking he gave the City Provisional Police the slip he returned home but was spotted on the street Otto's family lived on. The enraged Officer kicked in the door along with several soldiers who would take the family and force them out of the home and into the street. The man was irate and out of control, and when one of the soldiers said he was going to call the situation in, the Officer grabbed his radio and threw it at a wall and broke it. "NO! I'll make an example of this fucking scum." He grabbed Otto by the hair and drug him about ten feet away in front of his family and pulled out a revolver from his holster and forced Otto's hands around it "Everyone here will see what the price is when you attack Sanctarian Soldiers!" The man seethed, the blood from his broken nose and saliva splattered on the side of Otto's face "And you will learn first hand!"The Officer bellowed, his body knelt around Otto and his left arm wrapped Otto's chest to keep him in place, he also placed his hand over Otto's "If you don't shoot them, I'll make you do it, or maybe I'll cut their necks and make you watch them die slowly! And then I'll do the same to you!" Otto could feel the mans index finger moving onto his so Otto did what he realized what needed to be done to live, to survive another day...

For the past five years Otto stole from others and lived farther into the slums, away from his previous home. He never understood why that bastard let him keep the revolver, perhaps it was the mans psychotic rage that made him forget it, but now it was used for intimidation to get what he wanted. Otto would follow a person from the shadows, anyone who had more than he did and would enter their home at night, his face wrapped in dark cloth, his shirt and pants also dark in color. Otto did this in random intervals in different areas of the slums, who cared if the poor stole from the poor, it didn't matter to him or anyone else except who he took from. Otto was very quick both with his hands and his feet, he could take anything from a pocket or out run anyone that caught him. He knew no one would help them anyways.

No one ever helped each other to begin with, if anyone said they did he would call it a lie, that's what all this is to Otto, a lie... And no one wanted to show the truth or destroy the lie itself... or maybe there are others who do...

Hair: dark blonde
Eyes Color: Deep blue
Body type: Nimble, fast, light footed
Skin: fair
011a722fc6dfd534ed776c408eb875dc.jpg

Extra: Otto carries around an old medics satchel for his bay to day activities and keeps his revolver dry and clean by wrapping it in cloth and placing it in a metal box which he buries before sun up. The revolver is a dated 357 magnum with only three shots which is in decent shape, the finish is worn and there is some but not a lot of pitting, mainly on the back side of the grip, he takes it out when he has found someone that has something he wants. The two spent casings from the revolver have had holes drilled through them and hang from his neck by a sturdy leather strap, the cord is long enough to hide under his shirt. The casings don't make noise as the holes in them are a tight fit and there is a knot in between them.

Last edited:
Please mention if there is anything you think wouldn't fit with the universe!
Name: Cynthia Smith
History: Cynthia was born to a family more well off than most, if even only by a bit. She was a voracious learner, reading everything she could and learning what she could. She was very close to her older brother, the charismatic Cameron, and they were inseparable, though she didn't understand his anger at the world around them.

Cynthia was always very compassionate, and it was no surprise when she became a Medico. Cynthia never questioned the misery she saw around her, thinking it was because nothing could be better, until one day her brother disappeared. At first, she didn't know what happened, but she remembered his constant stream of borderline-rebellious talk she heard him say, and realised he must have been a rebel. Cynthia set off wandering the land, trying to see what she could do to join a rebellion and find her brother if he was alive or avenge his death if he was dead.
Hair: Black and cut short out of her hair, to avoid any liabilities.
Height: Around 5'1
Body Type: Slim and not entirely fed enough.
Skin: Dark brown and with a small pale birthmark on her cheek.
Weapon: A Pump Shotgun she found abandoned on the ground, with a suspicious bloodstain on its barrel.

Last edited:
I'm veryveryvery keen on this but I'll lurk for a bit and read a few character sheets before I draft up mine. I know I'd like to be anti-rebellion but like?? Who could I make that would be relevant to this plot and the other players, and won't just end up as some cantankerous office drudge in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back