• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

Hestia nodded. She then suddenly squealed, pushing past the group and hurrying towards a small gap in the crowd.

A tall, elegant looking girl was trying to keep her head held high as people gawked at her. Her silvery-blond hair was damp, tied into a messy braid, and a wreath of color rested on her head. A strange radiance seemed to come from her. Hestia hugged the girl, squealing something unintelligible, and dragged the surprised-looking girl over to them.

From up close, the girl was actually more breathtaking than from afar. The wreath turned out to be of flowers and vines, and they seemed to be alive. The girl surveyed the group warily. Hermes' jaw was actually dropped.

"Guysguysguys-" Hestia said excitedly, motioning at the girl. "This is one of my best friends! This is Artemis!"

Light's pupil drags towards where Hestia had sprinted off too, following her as she drags another presumed student along. He turns on his heel to fully face the two and gives a short wave, his eye blinking slowly as he takes the new person in.
"Hello."
He bends at his knees, so he was no longer standing his full height again, but his shadow was still life sized. He offers out his large hand.
"It is... very nice to meet you, Artemis."

Artemis looked up at the person before her, her face not one of fear, but one of interest. Hermes made a weird spluttering sound next to her, but she paid no mind.

"...It's a pleasure to meet you as well. You've met Hestia, I take it." Artemis replied smoothly. She extended her hand without hesitation.

"We've known each other for the longest time, you know. But I didn't think you'd actually come and enroll here!" Hestia exclaimed, bubbling with excitement.

Artemis half-smiled.
"Well, seeing as Athena was the headmistress, I figured this place was one of the purest knowledge." she said, dignified. Her voice matched her regal disposition. Despite being a goddess of the wilderness, she seemed particularly refined.

"I have indeed. My father never named me but..."
He takes hold of her hand, his palm engulfing up to her elbow similar to his 'handshake' with Hestia. He also shook it with the same amount of care and little force.
"Zeus dubbed me 'Light'."
As he recoils his hand, he gestures his palm to Hermes. "And this is my cousin, Hermes."
The cyclops gently uses the tip of his claw to pushes the winged man's jaw up to close his mouth. " Son of Zeus and there was one more but... he disappeared; I believe I scared him. But he resembled... Aphrodite."
"And this is Aulos." He gestures to the faun. "Son of Pan."

Artemis didn't seem weirded-out at all. "Ah, I see. Yes, you're a cyclops. It makes sense that you don't have a birth name." she turned her gaze onto Hermes, apparently giving him the once-over. "Son of Zeus and Maia, yes, I've seen you before." she muttered, mildly interested by his multiple sets of wings. Hermes stammered as he tried to figure out something, anything clever to say as Artemis had her attention on him.

"Oh yeah, where did he go?" Hestia wondered aloud, looking around as if the nymph would pop out at any moment.

Light's posture stiffens.
"Ah, it is not of my race. Cyclops adorn names my father just, merely..."
For once he could no longer hold eye contact, his pupil darting to the tall, marble architecture instead.

A shiver rattles his wide shoulders, and his facial muscles pinch slightly as his eye grows distant and hazed in an indescribable emotion.
His once calm, friendly demeaner now casted in a heavy blanket of unease and forced back emotions.
He opens his mouth but only air leaves him for a few seconds before he states. " My father was... the Terrible Titan."

The air seems to be sucked into a vacuum, the chatty mess hall growing somewhat quieter despite the number of people.

Hestia stifled a gasp. Hermes stepped up, his wings bristled. Hestia quailed under his furious stare. "Now just because his dad was really messed up doesn't mean that he is too, okay!? Now shut the fuck up and get off his case about it!" he shouted, seemingly not just to Hestia and Artemis, but to everyone as a whole. The hallway quieted even further.

Artemis said nothing. She looked at both Hermes and Light with an unreadable expression.
"...I see." she said after a few minutes. "Now I see how you and Hermes are related."

He takes in a shaky breath; he can feel the eyes on him like the burn of the sun. He takes a step back, multiple people parting out of his way.
"I'm sorry- I shouldn't have... said that- I..."
His words were huffs, his very foggy memories of his father flashing behind his eye.
"Stupid, I should- why did I-?"
He grabs a fist full of his pale bangs, gripping them.
"I apologies, I should merely keep my... history to myself."

He shakes off the memory and slowly steps behind Hermes as if his wings and his loud personality could shield him.
'Monster'. No one had to say it, he could hear their inner voices like the shouts of a mob, and it hazed his vision in tears.
"Don't cry, idiot." He hisses beneath a whisper before turning to the others.
"I must excuse myself; I will see you later, Hermes."

He quickly steps out of the mess hall before anyone could stop him.

Hestia looked quite guilty, but it wasn't her fault, Cronos was someone that nobody would want to be associated with, surely. Hermes turned and looked up at his cousin, patting his leg gently, trying to comfort him.

"Wait, Light- Light!" Hermes yelled after him, but it was too late. He sighed, his wings dipping downward in sadness as he turned back to the others.

"I'm very sorry." Artemis mumbled. "Perhaps I shouldn't have...pursued the subject further."

Aulos pursed his lips, fiddling with his hands. He looked at the Cyclops walk away out of the hall, feeling angry at himself. "Shouldn't... we go after him? I know--- I know I was also quick to judge, but..." he paused, he didn't wish to continue talking. He knew he had already done enough.

"WOW, YOU THINK??" Hermes asked sarcastically to Artemis, quite forgetting how smitten he had just been with her beauty and regality. He sighed, incensed, and muttered, "There's nothing we can do right now...it's best to let him bounce back."

Artemis looked ashamed. Hestia gave her a knowing look. It was quite obvious that this was not the first time Artemis had gone too far on accident.

He sighed, before resuming "Look, we already screwed up, but being hostile won't fix this. Right now, *everyone* has a reason to be afraid of him, even if it's prejudiced." Aulos paused, trying not to ruffle Herme's feathers (pun intended) any more. "If he comes back, we just apologize to him. Maybe even talk to him a bit more to get to know him, and then slowly work towards his... reputation."

-A man stood by himself watching them. he seemed to be observing them if not watching every movement almost as if he were stufying them trying to find a weakness. he merely wrote in his notebook and hummed a soft sweet tune despite the odd look he had on he didn't seem to be hostile...for now-

Aulos simply stared at Artemis' wreath of vines, trying to fight his urge to take a bite out of it.

-The oddly dressed man stared at the godly beings before. though yes, he never was affiliated nor served with them he was quite interested in the Greek patheon as the mythology, gods, people, and even the whole things in general always tickled his fancy however he preferred the Norse Patheon more over Greek. Calling this man "Odd looking" would be an understatement he stood at a towering 10'2, wore a black mask resembling that of a raven, a black top hat with a gray line at the base, a rose in his suit pocket, and gloves that, like his attire, were black. He seemed to him himself from everyone with the only visible human feature being his gray gold hair and what little skin was visible, that being the neck. what made the man even more mysterious than he was is he didn't seem to speak or utter a single word...hell more like never spoke in his life-

Artemis backed up slightly, seeing a hungry glint in Aulos' eye. She carefully swatted away a tiny white butterfly and plucked a few vines and blooms from her head, which grew back almost instantly. Wordlessly, she bent down slightly, as she was quite tall, not as tall as Light or Σταφύλι, but still. She handed the fresh vegetation to him, smiling slightly.

Hestia was still looking around for the nymph when she saw the odd man lurking behind the sea of awaiting students. She felt a bit apprehensive, as he did not look like he belonged there, even though there were all sorts of creatures among them.

"Hermes..." she whispered, tugging on one of Hermes' wings gently. "Who's that..?"

He snapped out of his seeming trance, then stared at the old man. Something in his gut sent alarms ringing in his brain, this "man" definitely didn't belong here. It was clear he was stalking them, like some sort of twisted hunter. His fur rose up as his spine shivered, he bent his knees slightly "Should... we tell the headmistress? It could be an intruder."

-Though he was far off from them, he could tell they were suspicious of him. he merely closed his note note book and began walking away giving them glances from time to time....his face may have been hidden behind the mask but his glances seemed to be soulless...dead even. he then began sprinting down a path way smirking under his black mask he had gathered what he needed name and look wise now al that was need was ability information and soon he could begin his plan-

Artemis looked up at the man. She fell silent, her eyes narrowing slightly, and mumbled, "He's right next to the door leading out. If we try to tell Athena, he'll obviously intercept us. We're being watched. Hunted? Not yet. But observed." she knew what she was saying. She was the goddess of hunting, after all.

They watched the man begin his escape, heeding Artemis' warning, they did nothing.

"...So he's just gonna run away like that?!" Hermes asked.

"Not quite." said a voice.

Athena intercepted the man at the exit, pointing her spear at the man. Even though she was the headmistress of the institute, she looked like she was ready to enter a battle.
"Not one more move." she commanded. "Unless you'd like to feel my wrath."

-the man halted in place...he stared at the goddess...motionless. should she have godly hearing no heartbeat was heart, no change in breath cause there was none...overall he didn't seem alive. the odd man tilts his head looking at the spear and back up at the goddess...he bowed to her as black crow like wings sprouted from his body and he took to the skies flying towards a forested area-

Aulos clenched his fist, feeling his claws slowly sink into his skin. He disliked humans, though tried to tolerate them. Their hunger for power, their ignorance, their selfishness... he remembered how he was always mocked and shunned by them. Aulos huffed, kicking his hooves, he was certain he'll come back. He kept glaring at the man, trying to see if he could predict his next move. "Well... it seems like she'll handle him."

Athena narrowed her eyes, watching the man escape. But she didn't chase him. Instead, she pointed her spear at Artemis. "You, goddess of hunting." Artemis' eyes widened in surprise.

"Y-yes, Ms. Athena?" asked Artemis.

"Are we being hunted? Could you tell if he had the air or mannerisms of a predator?" Athena demanded.

"No, ma'am, he was simply observing us." Artemis replied promptly.

"He's plotting, then. We need to stay on high alert. I'll alert Zeus and Poseidon soon." Athena reasoned. "Very well then, chop chop, everyone inside the mess hall, we don't have all day to dawdle."

-the man hid in a tree. he kept observing them from afar and spoke softly under his mask- "intriguing...most intriguing" -he went back into the darkness of the forest and disappeared from sight. in the forest he went tree from tree till he made it to a small wooden hut which he stayed in...he went inside and ,despite it being pitch black inside, he seemed to know where to go-

He slouched, feeling slightly relieved the man was gone. Aulos remembered sorting was probably going to resume, feeling excited again. He smiled a little, then looked at the small group of people he had just met, maybe he was finally going to have friends. "So... Ah, do we pretend nothing happened today?" he looked at them, still somewhat unnerved by how the creature just flew off.

Hestia shrugged. "I think Athena has everything under control, and she's asking Zeus and Poseidon for help. If those two can't protect us, then who can?" Hermes nodded rapidly in agreement.

"Still, it can't hurt to stay on our guard." Artemis mentioned sagely, rubbing a flower petal in between her fingers as the crowd began to filter into the mess hall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back