• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

-Not longer after the man returned with out his notebook. he merely stood behind the crowd of people once more however during the process he began observing the creatures and humanoids around him almost studying them every detail by detail...though yes some disliked his stares a very small few did allow him to study them-

"I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight... I hate feeling like I'm being watched." Aulos shuddered, crossing his arms togheter. "I don't know, maybe he's just some lunatic in a halloween costume, but he rubs me the wrong way." He imagined the cloaked man once again, wondering where he had come from.

Artemis nodded, still rubbing the petal. "But Athena will take care of it. Besides, we're all moving into our dormitories today. Remember? We packed all our things a few months ago and shipped them here, they're waiting in our rooms. I think a lot of people will find it hard to sleep tonight, being away from home and everything."

Hermes thought about it for a second, before asking, "By the way, Artemis...how do you sleep with that stuff growing on your head?" he pointed at the wreath of plants.

Artemis' brow furrowed.
"Don't call them stuff. They're a multitude of decorational floras, vines, and hardy perennials....I wear a nightcap." Hermes nodded as if he understood Artemis and her plants.

Last edited:
"Still a fancy way of saying their plants.." -the man mubbled to himself and snickered a bit. he couldn't help but see this place would be ripe with chaos...and chaos he wished to cause among them-

Aulos stared at her wreath once more, wondering what it'd taste like. "Well... tastewise, I don't think they'd be much diferent." He shook his head, then continued talking: "I hope my luggage is okay, I had a couple of fragile things. Like my flutes..."

Σταφύλι brushes his webbed hands against the bark of the courtyard tree, he wasn't quite sure how he avoided the staff but wondering the empty halls of the large school eased him. He stares at the outdoor decoration, the courtyard sitting behind the school with the largest array of bloomed flowers he's ever seen, it felt more like a greenhouse then a school.
He sits beneath the wide tree within the center and ruffles his hair, droplets falling away from it. And when he withdraws his hand, he stares down at the ripple of scales against his knuckles and can't help but squint at them.
"Dastardly skin..."

"I find nymphs quite... beautiful."
Σταφύλι swiftly looks over his shoulder, having to tilt his jaw to look the cyclops properly in his large eye. He swallows thickly, his lips pressing.

Light sways in his footing as he stood to his full height, blinking slowly down at the other.
"Nymphs are the first creations of earth in the wake of Uranus... defeat. I find it an... honor to meet a descendent of the first nymphs."

He stares at him for a long moment, his heart almost louder than his quiet words, he takes in a deep breath through his nose and slightly scoots over. He swipes away water from his nose. "Nothin' special. Don' flatter me."
Light hesitantly takes a step forward, then fully takes a seat next to him, the ground shaking slightly from his weight.
"I apologies if I... scared you."

Σταφύλι shrugs, trying to be nonchalant when his heart felt like it was being baseball chucked across the universe. "Everyone does. Comes with the territory."

"Well, you are the son of the Goddess of Love... and you're looks are..." He tries to think up a word other than 'beautiful', he's not sure another guy would like to be called that.

"Handsome." Though he felt more ridiculous saying that it didn't have the same full force of effect. And he wanted to compliment the son of one of the first Goddess with respect, but the more he stared the more he couldn't quite grasp a proper word other than 'beautiful'.

Σταφύλι says nothing, Light's stare much more prominent than hundreds of students, his large pupil dancing over his side profile. He should be used to it, everyone did that. He sighs lightly through his nose and simply listening to the rain beat against the glass panels of the large gazebo over casting the yard. Light takes the silence and sits back against the bark.

(Time to give my new character some SCREENTIME.)
Atë stared at the commotion, hiding in the shadow of a marble pillar. She was intrigued by the misterious man, how someone so otherwise insiginificant could strike fear into the hearts of gods and demi-gods. Of course, he wasn't much different from him, a slender figure with bird-ish traits provoking murmurring and whispers from on-lookers. She smirked, her eyes gleaming with malice, then stared back at the man. This place was nothing more than a deck of cards, and maybe she had found a Joker, a wild-card.

Artemis looked down at Aulos for a second. She then plucked off a few of the flora growing on her head, and handed it to him, the empty spots reflourishing almost instantly. She bent down slightly and offered the fresh vegetation. "I happen to like flutes too, especially Pan Flutes. I have one that my mother carved for me out of a piece of old driftwood." she mumbled.

Hermes absentmindedly picked a loose feather out of one of his wings and stated,
"I wonder how we're going to be sorted. I really hope we don't have to get chosen by the gods themselves, if they show up or something. Poseidon scares me, he's so angry all the time for no reason..."

Aulos smiled, snatching it from her hands. He seemed somewhat excited, knowing someone shared his interest for flutes. "Really? That's great! I brought my two flutes with me, in my luggage. I'll show them to you once I get my hands on them... That's actually where my name comes from." He swayed from side to side, then glanced at Hermes "I wouldn't want to face Hades... I don't know, he's the god of the underworld after all."

Artemis nodded, standing upright in her regal manner again. "Interesting. And yes, I know. You were named after the instrument Aulos, which looks similar to two flutes attached near the mouthpieces." she replied quietly.

"Hades is alright. I just don't really like Poseidon." Hermes muttered. Hestia shrugged, signaling she didn't really have an opinion.

"If he scares you... maybe just imagine him as a giant fishy." he said bluntly, it was a questionable piece of advice. "It's a bit hard to play and it doesn't quite sound like a flute... Though I still like them a lot. My father gifted them to me."

Hestia burst into laughter, the crackling sound mixed with her giggles. "Yeah, just imagine your frightening king-of-the-sea uncle as a big ol' trout." Hermes rolled his eyes.

"That's very nice of him." Artemis commented. "I've seen your father a lot. Our duties intermingle a bit. He's nice, but quite...wild."

Aulos joined the laughter, it sounded more like bleating "He's the *Cod* of the seas. He might seem a bit fishy, but he's actually a so-fish-ticated man."

Hestia broke down in a fit of crackles and giggles, leaning on the very unamused Artemis for support. Even Hermes chuckled. "I guess so. I mean, my other cousin Triton is the messenger of the sea, and he's a merman. So yeah, his origins are pretty fishy." he added.

"Huh, I thought you also worked for Poseidon?" he asked, then added "I guess it'd be way too much work for one person, even for a god."

Artemis mumbled, "He can't swim."

Hermes flushed as Hestia snickered, and he stammered, "I- I can swim! I-I just...don't...like wet feathers!"

Aulos grinned, chuckling "Really? Why don't you just deliver it by boat? But I understand, I'm not too fond of water either."

"Because that would look fucking dumb, me pulling up in a rowboat, trying to find Atlantis, which is UNDERWATER, by the way...nah, I think Triton is probably the best option." Hermes answered.

"Of course you're not fond of it, you can't swim either." Artemis stated.

He spluterred, staring straight at Artemis, he looked indignant. "Well, I can kind of... paddle. So technically I can swim!" Aulos crossed his arms, then straightened his posture, huffing.

They sat in still silence for a long moment, the rain a backdrop before Light slowly faces the other.
"Did you... ever struggle with being in a large family?"

Σταφύλι blinks a handful of times before peering over at him, he sniffs and shrugs.
"I guess. 've only met Eros."

"The God of love?" His pupil seems to grow somehow unspeakably larger.

He nods carelessly, his hands bunching up the grass between his fingers. "Yup. Big half-brother Eros and his... many talents."
Light holds that information, chews on the chosen words. "Do you... know your father?"

Σταφύλι snorts. A raw sound of held back anger, an emotion that clicked like a puzzle piece for the cyclops. "Which one."
He stares down at the nymph and takes in a deep breath. "We are... perhaps not so different."

"Not bein' rude but we ain't the same." He glances off to the side, refusing to look at the other.

Light pauses for a moment then rub his palms together. "Not equally but... we hold the same flame of rage."
The nymph thinks on this new inspection of trait of his character, he wasn't normally mad but a little...
"Lonely?"

He huffs out of his nose, mumbling as he rips some of the grass up. "Ma' spends all 'er time everywhere but home..."
The cyclops watches the rain patter on the stained glass, he wasn't sure what the word 'home' really meant after being shipped out of so many until he was old enough to care for himself. All he ever wanted was a home and here sat someone with a home and a big family yet wanted something different. Funny how different lives can chance perspectives, he muses.

Light pushes himself to a stand with a grunt and turns towards the other, he out stretches his hand. "Perhaps we... can find home within the compounds of this school."
Σταφύλι stares at his claws for a long moment before pushing himself to a stand and swinging his pack over his shoulder. "I guess..."

The cyclops returns within the mess hall with the nymph hidden behind his strong legs. The hush whispers and eyes returning but they're volume more of gossip then a crowd uproar.

Hermes mutters something about Artemis and paying attention to him, before looking up and shouting, "Yo! AYO- OVER HERE!" he flapped his arms and wings, trying to get the attention of Light, who he had just seen walking inside.

"Huh, you were right, Hermes." Artemis murmured. Hermes looked pretty proud of himself.

Atë approached the pair, it was blatantly obvious they were both outcasts. A cyclops and a nymph, an odd pair for sure, she thought while trying to figure out a reason for their union. Ah of course, she mused, grinning mischieviously, pure hatred for parents how typical! Atë smiled at them, extending her hand in a friendly gesture "Maybe you two need a proper greeting, hm? I'm Atë, you both seem delightful to chat with!" The crowd was filled with hisses and whispers carrying the phrase "One of Eris' children...". Her family wasn't exactly the popular, her mother and siblins each personified discord and chaos. "We're not so different..." she sighed, feeling pissed someone had the audacity to interrupt her "Oh well, go with your friends."

Hestia squinted, and saw someone with a dark pair of wings make their way over to both of them. "Who's she? Do they know her?"

"As far as I know, no..." Hermes replied. Artemis shook her head, her eyes narrowing slightly like they had earlier.

"A child of Eris. Atë, I believe. Goddess of mischief. Persuasion. Trickery. Not to be trusted." Artemis muttered. Hermes looked quite alarmed.

The cyclops halts, bending at the knee to offer out his large claws. "Atë. I am known as Light and this..."
He gestures toward the nymph that seems to shrink behind him, engulfed and barely seen within his shadow. "Is Σταφύλι, son of... Aphrodite."
"It is a pleasure to meet you-"

He peers over the expanse of the crowd, spotting Herme's white wings as he signaled for him. "Consider, perhaps... joining us."
His large pupil drags towards the new student, Σταφύλι peeking out from behind his calf to look at her. The light barely tracing his sharp cheekbone and Greek nose, illuminating his stone eyes and catching his curls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back