• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

(Okay, let me write out a quick starter)

"Welcome, welcome, all of you!" exclaimed Headmistress Athena, beckoning the oncoming students into the school. The afternoon was dreary, rain pouring from the heavens. Lightning struck, as if Zeus was greeting them as well. However, the school itself looked pristine and white. Huge, with pillars, and made of marble, the whole place looked ancient yet new at the same time. There was a sea of students and parents alike surrounding the school, even in this stormy weather. "Students, come in and situate yourselves in the mess hall for your Bracket Sorting!" Athena chided over the sound of the downpour.

Aulos huffed, shielding himself from the rain with his arms. "Excellent... Now I'm drenched! My clothes are ruined..." he mumbled, shuddering in the cold. He began prancing towards the mess hall, careful not to loose his footing. He shook himself before stepping in, then began looking for any teachers. He felt intimidated by the sheer amount of people. Considering he was the son of a minor god, wasn't feeling too confident of himself.

"Have a wonderful time, dearie!" Maia, Hermes' mother, said before kissing him on the forehead and motioning for him to go on. Hermes muttered to himself, shaking off his wings inside and wiping his forehead. He took a second to wink at two dryads who were passing by, but they simply giggled, because the lipstick stain that Maia had left hadn't completely gone away.

Hestia, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind the rain that day, even though normally she despised it. She walked inside, dripping, having spent a while saying goodbye to her parents. She grabbed a bundle of strawberry-blonde hair and squeezed it out. Although it left a puddle, it didn't matter, as there was already more than enough water in the long hallway that led to the mess hall.

"I should've brought an umbrella..." he muttered, as he pushed his way in through the crowd, looking for some kind of booth or meeting place. He extended his hind legs, then raised his head, he spotted a winged man and blonde woman. Aulos gave up, he decided to move out of the crowd and wait as people were sorted into their brackets. He leaned against a tall, ornate column, huffing out of frustration. His legs kicked instinctively, chipping it slightly.

"Excuse me...?" The blonde girl Aulos had seen earlier scooted over to him. "Hi, I'm Hestia...do you know when the sorting will begin?" she asked, her hair messy and damp, as well as her clothes. She still seemed perfectly warm, however, even though some of the others were coughing and shivering from the cold rain outside. The boy with the multiple pairs of wings looked at her curiously from where he stood, but she didn't pay any attention...or rather, she didn't notice.

"Oh, what? Yeah, no, I'm not too sure myself. Everyone else is just trying to get to a booth and get sorted, but if I were you I'd wait rather than get crushed to death." he was slightly caught off guard by being approached, did he sound too rude? Oh, maybe he just looks too intimidating. He blurted sheepishly out "I ah, uhm, my name's Aulos. Maybe we'll be in the same bracket, haha!"

(Casually approach goat-man)

Hestia smiled. "Nice to meet you, too. Pretty sure everyone's just waiting here until Headmistress Athena finishes directing all the students inside." she reasoned. She didn't seem to think him rude at all. "Oh? Well, I sure do hope so!"

Aulos looked around, supporting himself on his hind legs, peeking his head up. He kept trying to spot the headmistress or anything outstanding from the crowd, though it seemed impossible. "Seems like she's not here yet. As we wait, which bracket would you like to be sorted in?" his glance redirected towards her, he tilted his head attempting to examine her "Zeus, maybe?"

(ENGAGE WITH GOAT-MAN.)

Hestia nodded. "Yeah, I mean, I guess I'd do well in Poseidon's bracket, but I'd much rather be in Zeus' bracket." she mused aloud. "My parents came to this school, and they wanted me to go as well...did you want to come here? Or did your parents want you to, like me?" she paused, then added, "Sorry if I'm butting into your business or something."

"Oh no, no! It's perfectly fine..." he paused, then continued "I don't have a strong reason to be here, I guess. It's not like there are specialized institutes for satyrs, you know?" Aulos looked down at his legs, then pointed at his horns "Also, this school has tall halls, so I don't have to worry about my horns getting stuck."

Hestia nodded. "Right...you get a bunch of different people around here." she looked up at the tall, gigantic ceiling, painted in renaissance-like artwork. "I daresay you'll have more than enough room."

"The grass is also pretty well-kept." he stated bluntly "A bit on the saltier side, but it's pretty good." Aulos stared at the crowd, seeing it recede suddenly. Excitement kept brewing inside of him, he couldn't avoid grinning. "Seems like the headmistress is almost done sorting everyone."

"True, it's well-tended to- wait WHAT?!" Hestia blurted. She was surprised for a second, but then realized that eating grass was probably normal to him. She looked at the crowd, and shrugged. "Seems like it. She's probably soaked to the skin, being out in that storm all afternoon..."

He glared at her for a second, then continued looking at the crowd. Aulos then noticed a pair of wings popping out "I noticed he walked in with you earlier, is he your brother of sorts?"

Hermes was currently chatting a couple of deities up, grinning roguishly.

"Who, him?" Hestia pointed at Hermes. "Not really, I mean, we sorta know each other, but not that well. I mean, he's one of Zeus' favorite sons, everyone knows who he is. He's really high up on the totem pole." she said knowingly.

He seemed somewhat embarrassed for not knowing him, especially since he seemed popular among everyone. "I hope to get on his good side, then... I wouldn't want to have to mess with his father." he shuddered at the thought of being smited.

Last edited:
Hestia smiled. "He's destined for glory. But I suppose my own parents aren't so bad. They're titans, Kronos and Rhea. I'm assuming you're...Pan's son?"

He grinned, nodding in approval. "Did the horns give it away? Yes, I'm probably one of his many sons, actually. A minor god, but I inherited some cool abilities." He fidgeted with his hands, trying to come up with something remotely intresting "Like, his stamina... or his strenght."

"...Yep." Hestia replied, not saying it was, I don't know, his goat lower-half. "Pan, god of flocks, music, and the wild. I've only seen him once or twice, but he was nice enough." she simply smiled as he listed the traits he had obtained by his father.

"And what about you? Do you have any powers or superhuman features?" he asked, leaning in out of interest. "Unless it bothers you of course!" he blurted out suddenly.

"Oh...no, I'd be happy to show you." Hestia answered. "Well, uh, I can stay in hot and cold temperatures, I never get burned, and most importantly, I can create and manipulate fire." she held out her palm, and stared at it for a second, concentrating, until suddenly a flame burst on her hand. She cradled it in her palm carefully. "Ta-da!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back