• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

She looked delighted, her smile widening as she embraced the cyclop's claw with her hand. "Oh, wow, what a pleasant young man you are!" she leaned on her side, waving at Σταφύλι with her free hand "You too, you can stop hiding now." Atë threw a quick glare at the group, her gaze looked like turbulent waters. "So, what brings you here? Are you here to make friends, hang out, or simply study?" she asked enthusiastically, refusing to let go of Light's claw.

"Ah, I was... invited by Zeus to attend the latest semesters. I hope to... join the art and music clubs the school offers."
He didn't seem to mind the prolonged handshake turned hand holding, merely grinning down at her. 'Pleasant', he's never been called that before and it grows his pupil wide in admiration.
Σταφύλι quickly glances away as she points him out, dipping behind the cyclops to peer from the other side of him. He had originally come here under the suggestion of his half-brother but after looking through the pamphlet of clubs...
"Chess." He mumbles, perhaps he could even return to swimming if he had a private pool. His lips press.

-Doctor V landed back down and began observing the place from afar....once again he was writing in a notebook and observing the beings around him. He was silent the entire time though...it somewhat creeped a few of the creatures around him-

"Oh, you definitely seem too have an eye for beauty, hm?" she laughed at her own pun, then continued "Really? I used to play chess... but never really took it seriously, It bore me to death, honestly." She felt confident, slowly riling them in, right into her hands. Everything is falling right into place, at least now she had a brute and cannon fodder for her plans. Her feathers rustled unconsciously, she felt that ominous presence again... it seemed the man was back once again.

"Yes, I... sang in my old towns church until I grew... much too large to fit. Even in the cathedral."
He rubs the back of his neck, glancing away.
Σταφύλι didn't take the comment to heart, a quiet game of minds isn't as enthusiastically loud of a presence as say a sport or a video game.
"I like... horses." He shrugs almost defeatedly, finding he wasn't all that interesting. He didn't really ride horses more enjoyed watching them in the prairie behind his home, but the large creatures fascinated him. Though he never could quite understand why his mother and Ero's grew uncomfortable at the mention of them.

"Oh, well, I'm sure you have more than enough space to sing here. The acoustic also seems great." she replied, then directed herself to Σταφύλι "Do you... ride them or just like them? They probably have some in here if you want to go see them, I guess there's something so... imposing about them." her voice trailed off at the end in an awkward pitch, she didn't quite know how to reply to him.

Aulos stared at the new student, skeptical. He looked at Artemis, sternly, "We shouldn't judge her too quickly, she could be just another Light scenario." Even if everything about her sent him bad vibes, he was still willing to give her a second chance.

Artemis wasn't so quick to agree. "I know a predator when I see one. She isn't innocently chatting with them. She's scheming. I know she is." she was staring at the floor, at her feet, trying to hide her face, screwed up in concentration.

Hestia gasped.
"Artemis, are you eavesdropping??" Artemis didn't respond, but after a few minutes, she nodded silently.

Atë looked towards the group, her smile had quickly dissipated. "Oh? What was that? I'm... scheming? I'm a predator? You're throwing some strong words there, miss." she replied, her feathers bristling as her voice rose. "Perhaps... your hunting talent has clouded your mind. No one here is being agressive other than you." Atë retorted, before smiling once more. "Are we clear, hm?"

-The mans palm began to glow as the base of it slowly turned red...almost as if it was powering up. he raised his hand towards the goddess Artemis however his aimed was thrown off by a bird that conveniently had a heart attack, died midflight, and crashed into his head making him fire a red beam into the sky. seeing his attempt of assasination was a failure he began making his way back towards the forest-

Aulos flinched from the noise, he stared at the man flee the scene. "Artemis... I think someone just tried to kill you." he murmured, tugging Artemis by her arm, placing her behind him. "This is getting too dangerous. Shouldn't the headmistress shut down the ceremony? We're sitting ducks here."

Artemis looked up. She still held herself in a regal manner, even though she had just been confronted. "I am not being aggressive. I am merely concerned for the well-being of my colleagues." she said calmly, though her dreamy eyes held a coldness now. "And my hunting prowess is nothing that you should scoff at-"
She stopped abruptly, watching a hole crash through the roof. Hestia screamed, and Hermes watched, open-mouthed. A hush rose in the mess hall before an uproar began. The roof repaired itself moments later.
"A-aulos..." Artemis seemed very shaken. It seemed like even she hadn't seen it coming.

Atë was about to reply, her words were hushed by the sound of the beam crashing through the roof. She seemed delighted by the momentary chaos, intrigued by what appeared to be sentience from the building. "Remarkable..." she muttered. then stared back at Artemis "See? Your instincts decieve you, Artemis. You couldn't even sense an attacker and you call yourself a hunter?" she scoffed, cracking a mocking smile.

Aulos' fur rose up again, glaring at the hawkish woman "Oh, shut up... The debris would've crushed you too. Knowing there's a dangerous man onsite is keeping us all on edge, you're acting suspicious to say the least." he glanced back at Artemis, then mumbled "You're... fine, right?"

Artemis stared at her shoes again, and Hestia piped up angrily, "Emi IS a hunter! Better than you could ever dream of being, anyway."

The foliage of Artemis' wreath seemed to wilt at Atë's snide remarks, but she mumbled,
"Y-yes....I'm fine...thank you, Aulos."

Hermes suddenly pointed at the entrance. Athena had returned, flanked by the three king brothers- Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. In the flesh!
You could easily tell they were talking about what had just occurred while they were gone, whispering and surveying the area to make sure nobody seemed to be in life-threatening condition. Hades had on a strange smile, as if he didn't take the whole thing seriously.

Atë scoffed once more, then turned to Hestia "I don't dream of touching dead animals and prancing around woods, but well... I'll be leaving now." She dissipated into the crowd once more, returning where she left Light and Σταφύλι.

Aulos simply nodded, marveling at the three brothers. He had never seen them this close, he imagined them being much taller, though. Regardless, he felt both comforted and horrified, they could be protected... but it was certainly a monumental threat,

Σταφύλι bristled, his body erupting in a flourish of vibrant pedals of scales that reflected the mess halls light like water. He ducks to a crouch, folding his hands over the nape of his neck.
The cyclops however took the violent outburst in fury, his pupil dilated till it consumed his hazel eye, his teeth gritting. Memories floods into his consciousness, the pure white of the towering walls melting and collapsing into hell fire and his father's scornful madness twisting on his face as he sneers down at a younger Light.
Light breath quickens as the haze of his father's large hand picks up his sibling's body by the arm and lifts them high within the air, his jaw unhinging-

He roars like a frighten lion, a sound that rumbles the room and knocks Σταφύλι to his knees as he covers his ears. A noise that rattles the large chandelier as the careful glass clatters together but somehow doesn't break.
He cups his face like a child, hoping it will hide him of the iron burned memories marked on his younger self, hide him from the ghost of his father, hide him from whatever loud noise triggered such a memory.

-The man made it away from the scene...however a black tear had formed in the ir and a hand and armed came out gripping his neck-

???: "Doctor you have failed to kill a simple huntress!...I knew I should have sent the 2nd Brother! to deal with her. you however will suffer for you inconvenience!"

"S-Sire please! just give me another chance I promise I won't fail you! -the grip of the creatures hand increased choking him- "ACK!...I-I have managed to conjure up a weapon! o-one that'll kill a god!" -the man had fear and desperation in his voice. The odd beings had slowly let go of his neck and retracted it's arm back into the tear in reality leaving Doctor V panting and-

???: "And you're sure of this...weapons effectiveness?" -a deep voice asked him..it seemed to have an almost ethereal echo to it-

"Y-yes Sire....I promise I won't fail you..Primordial.." -he said holding his neck still panting softly-

-the being known as Primordial the spoke to him-

Primordial: "You have one week to bring me a gods head....if you do not complete this task a fate worse that death awaits you...I suggest you start studying them more.." -the tear closed leaving the Doctor alone and in fear-

Atë watches the chandelier sway violently, her eyes beaming with opportunity, she quickly mutters a a hex. With a swift flick of her finger, the chain holding the chandelier slowly begins corroding away. Miasma surrounded her, she slowly withdrew into a darkened area of the mess hall, hoping no one had seen her or sensed her magic. Atë grinned, these days have been delightful for her, the sudden chaos and suspense was simply intoxicating.

Aulos stared at the Cyclops, then up at the rattling chandelier. Seeing as the roof tiles were slowly yielding to its weight, he bleated out "The chandelier! It's crashing down!"

(*cri*)
The gods had become alert at once. "Light, please, calm down!" Zeus roared over the sound of the screaming crowd, and Athena tried to restore order to the panicking crowd of students. Poseidon manifested some water and trapped the chandelier in what seemed to be a bubble, meanwhile Hades watched, looking quite uninterested in the hubbub.

"Yo, Light, chill out, you're gonna squish someone!" Hermes said urgently, joining his father in trying to calm him down. Artemis hurried forward and dragged Σταφύλι and Hestia away from the chaos.

-Doctor V sharpened his weapons and made sure everything was in place...he was going to go on a full on assault to the academy. He reached into different time lines pulling weapons from them some from the future some from the past....sometimes even in the middle. he began loading munitions into his MP-40, 1911, MG-42, and Panzerschreck. in a hilt, he carried a blade..and odd looking and colored one at that. he arranged his scalpels and lined his arms with munitions and an X shaped belt of ammo across his chest. all that was left to do was slowly but surely march his way towards the academy-

"WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?!" Zeus demanded, his voice making the ground tremble as Athena quieted the students. Poseidon lowered the chandelier down to Zeus' feet. Zeus stared directly at Hades, but Hades stared right back.

"You know I wouldn't try to kill what could be one of the students in my bracket." Hades declared. "I am innocent, I tell you."

Poseidon remarked, "We have bigger fish to fry other than broken chandeliers and mischievous students. Zeus, might I remind you the warning Athena told us not even a few minutes ago?"

Zeus nodded. "Right you are, Poseidon. Very well then, Athena, if you'd like to make the announcement?"

"Of course." Athena agreed. She whipped out a very, very, very long parchment, but didn't read from it. Instead, she watched the crowd. "Welcome to the Institute of Olympus! Our school year did not start off on a good note, as you all have noticed...but rest assured that while you are here, and I and your Heads Of Brackets are here with you, you are safe. Zeus, if you please..."

Zeus nodded and took one big stomp, quaking the floor once more, and a sort of static-like energy passed through everyone there. A hum of electricity could be faintly heard. Outside, through the windows, you could see a dome-like shield covering the school, made out of what could only be pure electricity.

Athena smiled.
"We are upping security this year, due to incidents that have occurred earlier this afternoon, as you can see. Unfortunately, that means that we are not permitted to enter or exit the school grounds. However, this should not be a problem, as there are plenty of things to do here. But before we can get to the meat and bones of our Institute, it is time...for the sorting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back