• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

His eyes widening in suprised "Huh, really impressive! But I don't think you should do that indoors... Might catch something on fire." he said, motioning to his surroundings with a mixture of bewilderment and fear in his voice.

Hestia shrugged, and snuffed the flame with her other palm. "Is there any bracket you want to get into specifically?"

"Hm, not really. I'm not too energetic, so Zeus is a no go. Oh, and I'm not too good at sports, so Hades is also not an option. I'll probably stick to Poseidon's." Aulos stated simply.

If Medusa was the black sheep of Greece, then Σταφύλι was the sore thumb. He tightness his grip on his shoulder slung pack and scrunches his shoulders to his neck, his posture hunched, but despite his attempts, nothing could hide his figure. He was tall, very tall. He made the average heights look short, he certainly wasn't Hercules' twelve feet of height, but he towered over some of the staff.
But nothing compared to his looks. His face you'd expect a mortal to take seven moons to etch every sharp detail and if that wasn't enough to warrant the stares, he had his mother's ginger curling hair.
Yes, Σταφύλι was indeed the sorest of thumbs.

He tries in vain to ignore it, filing through the crowds as he makes his way into the mess hall. Avoiding almost spoken greetings and outstretched hands as the rain soaked the blazer of his suit. He just needed to receive his branch then go home and hide in bed.

Last edited:
Hestia shrugged while nodding. "You seem like the type of person to want to be in Poseidon's bracket." she added. She hadn't realized that after a few more glances at her, Hermes had fought his way through the crowd and over to her.

"Hey- uhm, hi." Hermes greeted them, clutching his side, presumably because he had gotten hurt there while trying to fight the sea of students. "Couldn't help but notice you, Hestia. Been a hot minute, hasn't it?"

There was careful flattery in his voice, but Hestia simply smiled and replied, "Couldn't help but notice you as well, either you and your wings or that handsome nymph over there are the most prominent here. Oh, and Aulos." she motioned at the goat-man standing beside her.

He stared at Herme's wings, wondering how a creature could have three pairs. Aulos thought, squinting his eyes, trying to figure out their true nature. "Wait... are they real or are they just decoration? Oh my god they just moved!" Snapping back to reality, he simply waved at Hermes "Right, yeah, I'm Aulos. I heard you were pretty popular around here, correct?"

"Of course they're real," Hestia answered. "Why would you think they're decoration?"

Hermes noticed Aulos staring up at the wings poking out through his hair, and he shook them out a little, a loose feather drifting to the floor. "I hate wet wings." he said casually. "And yeah, I'm Hermes, Zeus' and Hades' messenger. Or- at least I will be once I graduate."

"Oh, wow... That's a really important job. I might just take care of animals, I guess. Not that exciting, but y'know..." he mumbled, nudging his hooves togheter. "Uhm, so, are you going for Zeus' bracket or Hades'?" Aulos said, trying to keep the conversation flowing without being too awkward.

Hermes smiled kindly, but you could tell he probably thought it was boring as well. "Cool," he said. "And I dunno, Zeus is my dad, but Hades is my favorite uncle so...I really don't know, I could go either way."

Σταφύλι shuffles out of the way of another student, nearly tripping on his loafers as he stumbles back to catch his footing. He bumps into someone, turning on his heel to apologies only to receive a face full of wings. It takes him a short moment to process what mass of white he was staring at, then quickly steps back, huffing away feathers as some catches on his hair and between the indents of his ear fin.

He simply grimaced, slowly scooching away. "Great, that's... excellent, my dud. You're more of a Zeus guy, I think. Hahah...hah" Aulos stared at the nymph stumble, giving him a look of compassion and pity. Both of them probably wanted to be swallowed by the earth right now.

Both Hermes and Hestia turned around to see what the commotion was all about, and watched the nymph stumble after getting a face full of feathers.

"Are you okay?" Hestia asked kindly.

Once he had brushed away the feathers, he slowly looks up at the small group of people and if his face could blaze any brighter, he would look as if he had been sun burned. He grips the strap of his pack till his knuckles were white, his thoughts blanking. He wasn't sure what he should say, considering he just face planted into someone's extra pair of limbs and embarrassed himself in front of a couple of students he may have to associate with for the whole school year...
He stares, his body freezing.

Aulos slowly approached him, staring at his face "You look a bit pale, are you feeling alright?" he asked, looking somewhat worried. "I could help you find a nurse here..." he added, hoping he could get out of the conversation that just stalled.

Hermes was busy smoothing down his ruffled feathers. Hestia looked quite concerned.

"Are you alright?" she asked again. "You seem a little dazed."

He quickly circles a fist over his heart clockwise a few times, before sprinting away and leaping behind one of the marble pillars to hide himself.

"...Huh?" Hermes blurted.

"I'm sure he was just scared. Having everyone looking at him, poor guy." Hestia added sympathetically, looking over at the pillar where the nymph hid. "He has to be related to Aphrodite in some way, he looked very handsome." she remarked.

"Tch, he didn't look THAT handsome..." Hermes muttered.

"I think you scared him..." Aulos butted in, trying to scout where he had hid "Maybe he just felt a bit ashamed of himself and ran off. Poor guy."

"Really? I mean, it was him who bumped into me..." Hermes muttered, his wings still ruffled up a bit.

"Still, he already had enough eyes on him as it was! I'm sure he's just nervous. It's hard not to be in a place like this." Hestia mentioned earnestly.

Last edited:
He shrugged, looking once more at the mass of people riling up. "Fair point, this is probably the most important moment of the entire semestre. Hell, maybe even our entire lives." Aulos shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants, he was starting to feel slightly more comfortable around the school.

Once his heart wasn't a bass in his ears, he peeks around the marble to the group. He should properly apologies, most people don't happen to know sign language and he doubts they'll go searching for him. He waits a few moments then takes a deep breath through his nose and shuffles into the crowd, he can feel other's eyes sear holes into his back and wishes Ero's was here, he was more capable at handling this kind of attention. Σταφύλι steps over to the small group, pulling at the skin of his bottom lip.
"'M sorry."
He states above a whisper, starring down at his shoes.

Aulos got slightly closer to the nymph, atuning his ears. He debated with himself if he should tell him anything, swaying back and forth indecisively. After gathering what little self confidence remained inside of him, he raised his voice "Uh... You're probably Aphrodite's son, right? Uhm, hiya." He began screeching internally, thinking about how crude his words sounded. "I don't know, I guess the curls kind of... reminded me of her?"

Hermes snickered in the background. "Nice convo skills you got there- OW-" he winced after Hestia elbowed him in the ribs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back