• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

"Oh come on... It wasnt too bad, right?" he said, stumbling in his words. Sure, the awkwardness in the room as dense enough to be cut with a knife, but he had nothing to lose anyway.

"It sucked." said an ill-tempered Hermes, rubbing the place where he had gotten elbowed.

"It wasn't too bad, don't listen to chicken wings over here." Hestia answered, rolling her eyes. Hermes scowled.

He nods his head, looking up at the other.
"One of 'em." He mumbles a bit louder for them to hear, he wasn't surprised by the immediate conclusion. Only a handful of his half-brothers also had his mother's curls, but they were recognizable to anyone that had seen her portraits.
He ignores the jab at socializing, he's gotten use to the jabs, you receive a lot of criticism when you're the son of a goddess with half-brothers and stepfathers who are a range of succession.
"'M Σταφύλι." His accent was thick as he spoke his name.

Aulos smiled, stretching his hand towards him "I'm Aulos, the winged idiot is Hermes, and the girl besides him is Hestia." He felt proud of himself for saying that, grinning at Hermes mockingly. "It's nice to meet you, uhm... we're all just waiting to be sorted." he continued.

Σταφύλι out stretches his hand, lining of webs between his fingers, he grips Aulos' palm and gives it a firm shake.
Then glances at the other two and gives a short wave of his opposite hand. Biting the inside of his cheek to prevent the smile from Hermes receiving his own jab, he steps back.
"Any clubs?" It was some sort of conversation starter.

"Me? Oh, I... Might go for chess, climbing could be intresting too." he felt slightly uneased feeling the webbing touch his hands, but gave back a firm shake. He continued "I'm guessing you'll be interested in swimming, right?"

"OI-" Hermes started, but Hestia grabbed him by the shoulder, and shook her head, smiling sympathetically. Hermes looked down at her for a second, his expression unreadable, before folding his arms across his chest, his feathers ruffling up slightly.

"Nice to meet you." Hestia replied, nodding and waving back. "I'd like to be a member of the student body...maybe take up dancing and cheerleading again."

Aulos simply smirked at Hermes while crossing his arms, huffing. "I never really understood the fun behind cheerleading... it seems pretty demanding." he said, turning his head towards Hestia.

"I guess part of the fun is just cheering for your team! You know, showing spirit and all that! Besides, there's going to be 3 different cheer squads, one for each bracket, so there's some competition." Hestia mused.

Hermes got a daydreamy look on his face.
"Not to mention all those girls in miniskirts and crop tops...flipping and twirling...OW- HESTIA, QUIT IT!" Hestia had yanked on one of his wings, and he recoiled in pain.

He subconsciously touched his fins on his jugular as he let go of the faun's hand. "I used to swim..."
Then shrugs. "But 'm not found of ogling. I do like chess though."
He was covered in these things, and he felt more like a fish in an aquarium then a pro athlete.
Σταφύλι glances to Hestia, he wasn't aware cheerleading lead out of high school.
Just to squint at Hermes expression, seems he wasn't the only thing being ogled at. 'Miniskirts and crop tops.'
"Don't you wear shorts?" Because guys and girls were being too much of perves to let cheerleaders wear their uniforms. Hermes.

Last edited:
Hestia shrugged. "Well I read on the brochure that there were still cheer squads so..." she glared at Hermes and added, "I'll still wear shorts, though, if I know this guy is going to be watching us perform." Hermes said nothing, but reddened slightly under Hestia's stare.

"I'd like to join some sort of flying team..." Hermes murmured after a few moments.

"Pardon me..."
The student turns to the speaking man but gasp as they stumble out of the way.

Σταφύλι nods, adjusting his grip on his pack as he looks around the expanse of the crowd- he is quick to glance away, suddenly preferring the sight of his loafers. He was used to an assortment of fantasy creatures, being a nymph himself but he has never seen...

The man's large, single eye blinks slowly as he presses through the crowd, he was splitting it like the sea and the mumbling and whispers were more deafening than the rain. A cyclops. Now Σταφύλι wasn't one to judge other's appearances but cyclopes were not well known around Mount Olympus and seeing one in person made goosebumps ripple over his arms. It reminded him of the first time he met an amputee, there wasn't anything wrong with missing a limb, but it made his heart drop when he reached out to shake the kind man's hand and found it wasn't there.

Seeing a person with a single eye that consumed most of their face, especially when it blinked that realistically, was a bit uneasy to witness. But if his nerves weren't shot before, the hush whisper of 'Is he the son of Cronus?' somewhere behind them made him want to go back to hiding behind that marble pillar. Maybe even go right back home. Everyone knew who Cronus was and considering what he did to his children, he can't imagine one actually being alive. His mother never spoke about him, and she spoke about everyone.

Σταφύλι peeks out of the corners of his eyes and to his anxieties, the man was heading right for them.
Another student stumbles out of the way. "I'm sorry, I'm just looking for-"
But they sprint away before he can further question them, Light sighs and continues through the crowd, his shoes squeaking lightly from the rain.

Last edited:
(Aphrodite has a gossip youtube channel, you can't convince me otherwise.)

Aulos rose on his hind legs, staring at the menacing figure of the Cyclops. He was used to seeing people with peculiar appearances, but never a creature this imposing and tall. What kind of god or demi-god could create something as massive? It seemed like his sheer presence pressed Aulos down; it unnerved him even more as he had a single eye. "A cyclops..." he whispered, trying not to bring much attention to himself. Aulos had heard stories about them—their immense strength and fierce hearts—essentially forces of nature.

He felt himself freeze as someone mentioned Cronus. Aulos had a vague idea of who he was: a titan gone mad who devoured his children. He faced the group and whispered to them: "He doesn't seem too bad, but... I just I don't know---"

Light squints, overlooking the mass of people before catching a glimpse of feathery white. He weaves through only a handful who weren't paying attention, most side stepped him. Suddenly, a shadow engulfs the small group like darkness as he stops short beside them, his clawed hand brushing back his bangs over head from his eye. Σταφύλι was sure his heart had stopped, his short breaths the only evidence he wasn't startled to death. His face drained to almost transparency, making his fins the most vibrant of turquoise. The ground shook every so lightly when the man approached them, and it made him feel smaller than an ant.

"Hello." Despite how soft Light's voice was, it carried in the hall like a heavy weight as he gives a wave. His eye blinking slowly as he looks over to Hermes.

Hermes turned to see what all the hubbub was about this time, and a wide smile appeared on his face. "AYYYYYY! Light! I can't believe you're here!"

Hestia's face had paled, and her voice shook slightly as she asked, "You know who he is..?"

"Sure! He's my cousin." Hermes replied, his feathers bristling slightly as he noticed the way everyone was looking at Light.

He glanced at Hermes, then back at the giant. It felt bizarre knowing that someone who's short and has three pairs of wings could be related to someone who's double his height and has just one eye. "He doesn't seem to have inherited the jerkiness..." he thought, glancing once more at Hermes. "In fact, he seems kind of gentle."
Aulos shyly waved at the cyclops.

"Hermes. I have been alright, your father invited me to the, uh, this upcoming semester."
Light could feel the unease like a balled-up fist, he was even hunching slightly to speak to them. But even bent at the knees his height was monstruous.
"How are you. Are these your... new friends."

His voice was slow and easy but somewhat strained in a way like he was trying to make his bass of a voice quieter. Σταφύλι couldn't stop the thought of how loud he was even like this, he can't imagine what his yell could have sounded like. His shoulders hike to his ears, he couldn't judge other's for having a strange family, but seeing a winged folk call a cyclops 'cousin' was the strangest thing he's ever witness.

Light faces Aulos, more so he didn't turn but his large pupil dragged towards where he stood. He slowly outstretches a large, clawed hand. "Light. Or so as Zeus has named me my... father did not."

Aulos cracked a sheepish smile, attempting his best to not flinch. He slowly stretched his arm, then grabbed the tip of one of his claws. It was clear he wouldn't be able to shake it, but he tried to mock a hand-shake. "I'm Aulos... I, uh, I'm pleased to meet you." he squeaked out, withdrawing his hands. The fur on his legs puffed up, as if his flight instincts were just triggered.

"That is..."
He draws his palm close to his own face, his thumb brushing over the pad of his index. "Yes, pleasure to meet you as well."
"You are... the son of Pan, assuming."
As he spoke, his hand out reached towards Hestia, his pupil still focused on the faun.

"He did? That's great!" Hermes chirped. "Yeah, I guess you could call them friends..." he was obviously irritated on how everyone was staring at Light this way.

"Um...hello..." Hestia nodded, hesitantly extending out her palm as well. "Very nice to meet you..."

Light's palm encases her arm up to her elbow, cold and scaly in texture. He gives such a light shake it felt more like a shiver than a proper motion before withdrawing back his arm.
"And you are-"
Σταφύλι had disappeared from his spot, sinking into the sea of the crowd after witnessing the less of a handshake and the hand equivalent of an arm cast. He was told to always be polite, but he was worried if he declined the handshake, he'd suffer the most intense wrath and he wasn't sure if he could force his name through his tight throat.
"Ah, he is gone..."
His lips press before smiling upon Hermes. "I heard they had a championship fly racing. Track... I recall."

Hestia kept her smile frozen on her face, experiencing the weirdest handshake she had ever felt. "You've got a firm grip." Hestia mentioned, trying to be nice.

Hermes watched Σταφύλι disappear into the crowd, and he frowned. He turned his attention back to Light.
"Sweet!" he said cheerfully, his feathers ruffling in excitement. "Definitely going to sign up for it!"

Hestia laughed at Hermes' constant mood changes. An odd crackling noise came from her, like the crackling of a fire.

"Ah, yes." He glances off to the side and his lips press into an uneven, short smile.
"I broke a harp while attempting to play it... by accident. I was required to...buy a new one." He winces at the memory of his grip so strong he snapped the wooden frame. He subconsciously cradles his opposite hand, starring down at where his palm had been adorned in splinters that day.

He looks up Hestia. "You're laugh reminds me of... firewood. Perhaps even fireworks."

"Oh dear..." Hestia mumbled. A handful of splinters sounded terrible.

Hermes shrugged in sympathy.
"He's better at singing. You should hear his voice, it's nice." Hestia raised her eyebrows, intrigued. She blushed slightly at Light's remark.

"Everyone says that about my laugh, I know, it's really weird." she muttered sheepishly.

"I think it's cute." Hermes interjected, the careful tone of flattery in his voice, and this time it worked, the red painted on Hestia's cheeks darkening ever so slightly.

"Hhaha, yes... In the flesh! I'm glad you recognized him." Aulos seemed somewhat relieved, feeling proud of his heritage for once. His hair settled down once more, as he felt more comfortable, he relaxed his shoulders and posture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back