• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy TIDE-CRAWLERS ;; THE ABYSSUM SAGA

By the way. what types of face-claims will we be using for the characters?
Wonderful question! You can use characters from series/franchises, AI (Though not preferred, but if you don't have the motivation to draw I say go for it c:), Drawings, Picrew, Gacha Life, Real people...Any is just fine!

Sooooo like what does Scheduled day mean? Is this like d&d game where you roll dice and talk to each other?

It is it like your turn on that day to post a single post?

Sooooo like what does Scheduled day mean? Is this like d&d game where you roll dice and talk to each other?

It is it like your turn on that day to post a single post?
Great question! It just means we’d have one day to roleplay, making sure we don’t miss any pivotal plot points that I have planned ;D I kind of have to guide the roleplay to make sure I can deliver the story to you guys as smoothly as possible, so if im not there that day, I’d still like everyone to roleplay and bond their characters through say a campfire or a dream sequence ^^

No dice necessary! Or included. Preferably we could dedicate the day to respond more than once, but the gist of it is we all band together to write up responses as we follow a turn order! It’s just to make sure nobody is confused on when to jump in, because everyone pays a critical and important role in the story.

So for the charictar sheets, can we posts wips? I dont know if there is gonna be a time when i can sit down and write a whole character in one go. could i start on one, post it, and finish it the next day?

Absolutely! Just put somewhere that it’s a W.I.P, so I don’t get confused >_< good luck and have fun!!

Great question! It just means we’d have one day to roleplay, making sure we don’t miss any pivotal plot points that I have planned ;D I kind of have to guide the roleplay to make sure I can deliver the story to you guys as smoothly as possible, so if im not there that day, I’d still like everyone to roleplay and bond their characters through say a campfire or a dream sequence ^^

No dice necessary! Or included. Preferably we could dedicate the day to respond more than once, but the gist of it is we all band together to write up responses as we follow a turn order! It’s just to make sure nobody is confused on when to jump in, because everyone pays a critical and important role in the story.
K Imma withdraw from RP. I dont have that kinda time to dedicate to RP like that

Good luck with RP!!

SACREDHERO SACREDHERO So for the druid, is it safe to say that their eyes would be sensitive to light since they live deeper in the ocean? Would their eyes be clouded/faded due to the low light level?

SACREDHERO SACREDHERO So for the druid, is it safe to say that their eyes would be sensitive to light since they live deeper in the ocean? Would their eyes be clouded/faded due to the low light level?
That’s entirely up to you!! Like I said, im open to anything you decide to include! That does make sense though, so if you add it or not it’s still a very clever idea ^^ The characters are super open for customization!

Im just having a moment. Are we humans with somemfishlike traits, are we full mermaids, or can we transform from having legs to fins?

Im just having a moment. Are we humans with somemfishlike traits, are we full mermaids, or can we transform from having legs to fins?
It’s complete mermaids, everything takes place underwater! ^^ if we complete this roleplay and I start another one with another cast of people, hence the “saga” in the name, they might have connections to more human life later on, but that’s super super duper late thinking and I haven’t gotten there yet :3 but to answer your question, YES! Full and complete tails, unless you’d like to work with something different (ie; a mutation of sorts)

TLDR AT END

HI!!!!!!!!

First post! Wowie!! I'm excited to get this idea down!

Mermaids, right? but here me out; DARK FANTASY MERMAIDS. I'd be looking for semi-lit to literate responses (1-6 paragraphs, 1 minimum 6 maximum)

This is an interest check to see if anyone WOULD be interested, otherwise I'll put the rp down, but I'll give a synopsis of the big gist and then the character archetypes(?)

The Sea remains divided.

Five Kingdoms, Five heroes(that's us!), one prophecy, one war.

It has been said, in one reading to the next, that five heroes will come together and reunite The Sea. They will dissipate the war, end the tyranny of mad kings, feed the poor, and kill the corrupt. Five heroes will be called upon through their Blessed Blood; An ancestral connection to the Reliquiae. The Reliquiae were thought to be Peace-bringers; promising their people everlasting hope and peace among their kind. When they began to vanish, one by one, the merpeople needed new leaders. Instead of worshipping a being far greater, the people built kingdoms and made idols out of Kings.

The Prophecy was born the minute the Kingdoms fell into war. At first, it plagued their dreams, but then it plagued the tongues of the street and became word of mouth in mere days. With a war this big, with no sign of coming undone, that's all it must have been, right? Dreams? But only a power bigger than themselves could cause such a mass disturbance. The same dream, down to the very last detail, repeated for days until suddenly They decided it was enough.

With kingdoms taking sides to play their part in the story, not a glimmer of mercy being shed upon the war grounds; it's time for the Heroes the Reliquiae foretold. (Minus my character cuz I want 2 be involved but....hee hee here are the character slots that are up for grabs!!)

The Mercenary ;; The Pearl Dominion

The pearl dominion is, ideally, like the scariest place to live. It's super strict with its rules but it makes up for itself by being the most richy-rich places you have EVER seen. Being in a Mercenary Band is one thing but doing it ALONE? You're asking for the dungeons. With every richy-rich place, there's always going to be a slummy part of town that no one ever sees. Preferably your character SHOULD be from here and be a kind of "Robin Hood" character but I AM SOOOO OPEN TO IDEAS ITS CRAZY!! They shouldn't like the Knight character for obvious reasons, but if we want to do enemies to friends (or lovers maybe?) I am SOOOO down. Or they could bond n like have a bickering friendship-- THE CHOICE IS YOURS TALK IN THE OOC CHAT ABOUT IT :3 Beyond this though your character is yours to customize!!

The Knight ;; The Iridescent Isles

The Iridescent Isles is (are?) prized for their beauty. Think of it like a tropical place that has an underground palace and a few little peaking grottos above the water so they can lurk on the surface. This character, typically, should have a verrryyy privileged life. Being raised so good in fact they could be blind to the hardships of being poor or even War. They could have gone to a prestigious school, or have been trained all their life, but they should have a kind of distant and holier-than-thou vibe to them that'll gradually melt away as time goes on because i'm a SUCKER for that...They should have brighter colors but AGAIN WE CAN WORK TOGETHER ON SOMETHING!! Beyond this your character is yours to customize

The Druid ;; The Obsidian Sanctuary

The Obsidian sanctuary is closest to The Abyss, which will play a crucial part in the story as we go on :3 This area houses Merpeople of the depths, so think of survival skills harnessed by living in such deep waters. (Think Anglerfish, glowing specs of light on their tails, or cool night vision skills!) This character is, I think, the MOST flexible. In the name, this character can communicate with fish! Or even transform into more sea creatures if they'd like! My only drawbacks for them are that they need to be dim in color from the lack of sunlight, and have to be kind of...weird. The Deep has a whole other wild subset of societal standards, so they seem a little cuckoo to the ones who live above them. Beyond this your character is yours to customize

The Bard ;; The Duskwater Coves

The Duskwater Coves are RENOWNED for their advancement in...well, anything. It's kind of aquapunk here if that makes sense? It's where the most prestigious school is, and where knowledge is more of a currency than it is a trait. It's oddly warm colored here, the coral makes it look like it's autumn here all the time. Being a bard in a serious place like this does NOT pay the rent...This character could have a past romance or friendship that got them in trouble at their old job, or they could have quit to pursue their dream of music! They should have a warmer color palette, and a reason for becoming a bard in such a recluse kingdom such as Duskwater; but other than that the character is yours to customize!

All characters can be kind of basic, or inspired by real life sea creatures!

but yes!!! Let me know if this tickles anyones fantasy!!!! hee hee c:

TLDR: Dark fantasy mermaid roleplay idea, looking for interest to see who would like to play semi-preestablished characters! There is room for PLENTY of customization though!!
Are you still looking for the bard in an aquapunk setting because I would adore to try my musings at this.

Are you still looking for the bard in an aquapunk setting because I would adore to try my musings at this.
Yes we are!! The character sheets are posted in the comments somewhere, any and all applications are appreciated!

Hiya! Wondering if you guys are still accepting applicants and what positions are open? I'm interested in seeing this story unfold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back