• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Throne of Bone and Blood [Enemies to Lovers Trope Inside]

SpectreN7

Renegade For Life

1r8UR2w.jpg

War and assassination are the rules of the continent, raging constantly between powerful kingdoms seeking to expand their influence and reach. Muse A’s family were the royalty of their land for generations, adamant defenders of their titles, and expert players of the game. No one could threaten their shadow.

Until Muse B’s parents appeared on their doorstep with an army.

The war lasted for a number of years, until the capital was sieged, and Muse B’s parent usurped the throne. The rivals were executed, but a few escaped.

Muse A claims to be the rightful heir of the kingdom, the son of the beheaded former ruler. Though young when the final battle happened, his destiny has been instilled in him by one of his parent’s last loyalists, who smuggled him out of the city that fateful night and raised him in the rural outskirts.

With a mercenary band at his back, and stories starting to rumble among the populace in the wake of his shadow, Muse A has appeared within the countryside and even capital, attacking holdouts of the usurper guards, supply routes, and encouraging dissent: raising a rebellion.

Muse B is the child of the now ruler of the kingdom, not only the heir to the Conqueror’s throne and title, but the one ruling in their parent’s name ever since they fell bedridden with illness. Suspicious that they could have been poisoned by the upstart, and trying to suppress a kindling rebellion roused on by so said upstart, Muse B, you could say, is not particularly fond of Muse A; in fact, his head would look great on a silver platter.

Yet when a city goes dark — one responsible for providing the material that allows for the supremacy of the kingdom’s army — and another threat starts boiling underneath the surface of the land, will the heirs be able to set their ambitions and hatred aside to focus on what’s coming? Or will they use the chaos to eliminate the other?

Notes:
  • I have a strong preference for writing Muse A.
  • The setting is malleable: low or high fantasy, common, rare, or no magic, steampunk elements or not; let me know your preference!
  • The Threat we can discuss, but I had an idea of an undead plague, meaning that the bodies their families piled up during their conflicts have just come back to literally bite them.

__________​

Howdy!

I’m Spectre: a dice-rolling dork, who owns way too many swords, plays way too many RPGs, and loves writing as a form of expression and way to decompress. With the interesting stuff out of the way (I know, the above was what you came for and now you’re sitting through the credits), let me introduce myself as a writer and outline what I’m looking for:
  • My minimum for a post is around 300 words, my max 1000+, depending on the scene and characters involved, and my average 500. Quality is more valued over quantity. I’m a strong supporter of posting what comes naturally to the scene.
  • I write third-person, past tense.
  • I promise at least a post a week, with the possibility of more. I will never pressure you for a post, and would appreciate the same courtesy. If you need a break, I understand. We can always come back to our story in the future, if it’s of interest to you.
  • As I am getting further into my twenties, I am only open to writing with people 18 and over. It’s just a comfort thing, no offense to all the wonderful young writers out there!
  • OOC communication is appreciated; please let me know if you’re not vibing with anything, and I’ll be happy to address it.
  • Romance is always enjoyable, though not necessary, and will never be forced; our characters have chemistry, or they don’t.
  • I prefer to write male main characters, but will write any and all genders on the side.
  • LGBTQ+ welcome! Most of my characters are pan, and open to any and all pairings.
  • Preferably you’re open to darker themes. Please let me know your limits.

If interested in writing with me, please send a PM!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back