• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy This Song is of Silver and Gold [Mermaid RP Revival-Accepting-]

thehighpriestess thehighpriestess Oooo I would definitely be interested in the missing mermaid character!
Kova! Hiiiiiii

1233e36395e6ef8a361f4353a843d9ef.gif

Yes! So two forms would be applicable to mermaids. I'm also thinking it won't be a "Oh, they turn into one the minute they hit water" but rather, it's a set change that can be somewhat difficult to do. Easier for elder merfolk, bit harder for younger.

Edit: Also, here's a bit of lore/map stuff. I'm adding to it slowly.
Hey can we actually get an OOC thread so we're not spamming the Int chk?

- But k so how much do people know about merfolk?
- Is it reeeeeealllly rare to encounter one? How was Marella captured and how long has she been on board? What is the procedure to extract her immortality abilities that Capt Bitter End seeks?
- I have it in my sheet that there is some kinda superpower of a navy under Imperial flags. How big is their power and influence?
- Is the bitter end a big and capable gunshiip or is it more like a smaller swifter craft?
- Is the RP more like Pirates of the Carribean or is it supposed to be darker and grittier?

Good morning!
As requested, here is the OOC.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo It's extremely rare to encounter. I'll be working out the specifics of how Marella is captured with @ SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles . Typically, young merfolk are more naïve and have a bigger curiosity for the upper world. When merfolk are encountered, it's usually been very brief appearances and none of actually been captured in recent times. There would definitely be older pirates/sailors who could testify to seeing some, but without any actual evidence, it's more of a myth in Obelia.

I'll be letting the roleplayer that takes the role of the Captain decide how he wants to size and play their ship.

It's going to be dark. Absolutely darker than Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm playing a character, but I'll also be setting up a GM role to make sure the plot can stay on task. There will definitely be a solid amount of violence, verbal/physical abuse potentially, with possibly the mention of cannibalism. Some scenarios for sure will be getting a fade to black or less description to maintain site ruling. (Thank you for the reminder, because this is VERY important. If any of these things do make you all uncomfortable, I do not think this roleplay will be for you. I've made sure to include TW as well on the rules, but this is a solid reminder haha.)

@ Zariah Turner Zariah Turner It is still open :).

Good morning!

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo It's extremely rare to encounter. I'll be working out the specifics of how Marella is captured with @ SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles . Typically, young merfolk are more naïve and have a bigger curiosity for the upper world. When merfolk are encountered, it's usually been very brief appearances and none of actually been captured in recent times. There would definitely be older pirates/sailors who could testify to seeing some, but without any actual evidence, it's more of a myth in Obelia.

I'll be letting the roleplayer that takes the role of the Captain decide how he wants to size and play their ship.

It's going to be dark. Absolutely darker than Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm playing a character, but I'll also be setting up a GM role to make sure the plot can stay on task. There will definitely be a solid amount of violence, verbal/physical abuse potentially, with possibly the mention of cannibalism. Some scenarios for sure will be getting a fade to black or less description to maintain site ruling. (Thank you for the reminder, because this is VERY important. If any of these things do make you all uncomfortable, I do not think this roleplay will be for you. I've made sure to include TW as well on the rules, but this is a solid reminder haha.)

Awesome tysm. And yeah that's about as dark as i'd like to go tbh. So all goods!

Good morning!

With the rp being this dark, will the rp be 18+ or will you allow minors to join?

I have listed it as mature, and no RP character will be under 18 in this roleplay. I can't quite restrict ages outside of it, since I don't really know anyone's true age here. There won't be any sexual content discussed, so the maturity level is mostly going to consist of the TW's I've added.

We will be sticking by the guidelines. As long as there's maturity, clear communication, and rule abiding I'm fine with it.

I have listed it as mature, and no RP character will be under 18 in this roleplay. I can't quite restrict ages outside of it, since I don't really know anyone's true age here. There won't be any sexual content discussed, so the maturity level is mostly going to consist of the TW's I've added.

We will be sticking by the guidelines. As long as there's maturity, clear communication, and rule abiding I'm fine with it.
Might be a good idea for people who apply to also list their triggers, just so you’re aware of them going forward.

Might be a good idea for people who apply to also list their triggers, just so you’re aware of them going forward.
Yeah this would probably be a good idea, since the rp is supposed to get dark! Allows people to air things out and look out for each other better.

I have one more person working on a ship mate character for the Neptune, and Blobs will be our Captain for the Bitter End! ☺️

With the final merfolk being taken by Zariah Turner Zariah Turner , I'm hoping to get a first post up by no later than Thursday. There are still open roles, but I'm more than ok with the cast of characters that we have to get things rolling. As time goes on, I'm also fine with others applying for more crew positions. It's easy to fill people in more so with those roles.

Oooh this is interesting!

I would be interested in playing either a member of the Bitter End, or a crew member of the Neptune's Revenge who will be a traitor and join the Bitter End.

Anyway I’m happy to join if there’s still any space for another one!

We are still open and accepting, but here is our IC first post!!

I am also allowing people to double up now, if they so wish. <3

hi k so there's no spots list in the OOC but here I see that 1st mate for the Neptune is reserved already?
Did they end up submitting an appie?

Chimeric Chimeric wanted the role, so I was waiting on them so I can message them again and see if they’re still interested. If not do you wanna do that role?

Chimeric Chimeric wanted the role, so I was waiting on them so I can message them again and see if they’re still interested. If not do you wanna do that role?
Mmmm... will think about it but mostly just curious to see who had the spot since i havent seen a 1st mate in the CS roster.

But defo gunna drop an app for a Neptune crew mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back