• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy This Song is of Silver and Gold [Mermaid RP Revival-Accepting-]

thehighpriestess

magic user
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"Heaven, you fool? Did you ever hear of any pirates going there? Give me hell, it's a merrier place.” -Thomas Sutton

7ea5b01c3a67e7d8fa121000a802b64a.jpg

A missing mermaid, a sibling eager to find them, and a crew of bloodthirsty pirates eager to help, for the right price. These are but a few of our lovely roles.

Join us on an adventure of a lifetime!

Welcome friends! Pardon the lackluster post as I am not incredibly great with coding, but I am eagerly looking for a few individuals who may be interested in a fun sea-adventure.
This will be a literate pirate adventure! I've been getting back into roleplaying after a rather long hiatus. I started this idea some years back, but unfortunately it fizzled out before we could get to the major plotlines. Not to fret! I'd love to start this fun RP anew and meet some fun folks again in the process.

Setting:
The vast and treacherous oceans of a fictional world, where pirate crews roam freely and the mysterious depths are home to merfolk, a half-human, half-fish species with their own unique culture. New islands will be explored; civilized and those never before found.

Rules/Warnings:

• Players should strive for well-written, descriptive posts that contribute to the story's depth and atmosphere. For the most part, a few paragraphs should be the expectation of this roleplay. However, I more than understand in certain situations this won't always be the case. You don't need to have endless pages of two characters discussing something.
  • TW: This WILL be a darker roleplay. Blood, violence, death, kidnapping, abuse within the parameters allowed on the site will definitely be happening. If that's not something you wish to read, I highly suggest finding abstaining from this particular roleplay.
  • Treat all players and characters with respect, both in and out of character. Avoid personal attacks and conflicts.
  • Address any disagreements or issues through private messages or designated channels, rather than disrupting the roleplay.
  • Maintain open communication with fellow players regarding posting schedules, absences, or potential changes to the storyline. Please communicate with me if you're unable to continue! I get it, everyone has lives. It's no hard feelings.
  • Have fun! I want this to be a great experience, so if you have suggestions, comments, or even ideas I would love to hear them! So let us move on to the fun stuff....

Roles:
Missing Mermaid:
A free spirit, even amongst their own kind. Traveled too far from their family and found themselves taken in a large fishing net far from home. Currently a prisoner of Captain Marine, owner of the Bitter End.[SavannahSmiles]

Sibling of missing mermaid: Sought out the help of pirates aboard Neptune's Revenge to help find their missing family. Youngest of the clan. [Possibly Open]

Captain of Neptune's Revenge: She is money hungry and adventurous, but rarely as
bloodthirsty as most would believe. Helping purely for the treasure promised. [Cryptic Heathen-Captain Athena Goodfellow-]
------
Crew on Neptune's Revenge:

Quartermaster [Ghostlynarcissus]
2:First Mate[Open]
3:
EtherealShadows
4:[BuggaBoo]
Captain of the Bitter End:
They are bloodthirsty and cruel. Merfolk are rumored to allow one to be immortal, and they're eager to test that out by whatever means required. [Blobs]
Crew on the Bitter End:
1:First Mate[BuggaBoo]
2:[Open]
3:[Open]

Last edited:
Hi!!

Interested in playing the fr bad guy for once lol. I'd like to drop an app for the First Mate of the Bitter End.

Thinkin she is a tough as nails, ball buster of a woman buuuuuut... the more time she spends getting to know the Mermaid, the more she feels sympathy for the swimming thing. Later she might even relate with the Mermaid and have empathy for her situation. It'd tear her apart trying to keep her head and maintain responsibility to the capt and crew of her ship or follow her heart and give into mercy for once.

This idea sounds interesting, and I do love pirates and sea-folk! May I pm you about my character to see if he fits. He has a fun background and family, and I would like to see if I can make it work for your roleplay.

Yup! You're good to go, Chimeric. I'll have everyone interested send me the CS first and then once it's approved, it can be added there.

rubs hands together Oh this calls to me....I would LOVE to join this rp! And the captain role...looking.

Last edited:
Excellent! :D Let me know if you all have any questions. I'm in the process of creating a map as well, nothing crazy. Just some location names for start.

Would the mermaids have a human form if their tail dries out?
Yes! So two forms would be applicable to mermaids. I'm also thinking it won't be a "Oh, they turn into one the minute they hit water" but rather, it's a set change that can be somewhat difficult to do. Easier for elder merfolk, bit harder for younger.

Edit: Also, here's a bit of lore/map stuff. I'm adding to it slowly.

Last edited:
Yes! So two forms would be applicable to mermaids. I'm also thinking it won't be a "Oh, they turn into one the minute they hit water" but rather, it's a set change that can be somewhat difficult to do. Easier for elder merfolk, bit harder for younger.

Edit: Also, here's a bit of lore/map stuff. I'm adding to it slowly.
I am back with more question, sorry lol

1. Do the merfolk have any special abilities?

2. What is their culture like? Do they have rulers like the humans or do they group in tribes?

I've updated some lore! We're getting there. <3 Keep the questions coming haha, keeps me seeing what else I might add.

You can pick, or even make your own. Just run it by me before hand . I just wanted to make some examples of current abilities .

This looks like treasure trove's worth of fun, count me in as a potential candidate for Captain of the Bitter End!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back