• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern This ain't no West Side Story

He got up soon as he woke up wondering why something felt off until he realised the raspy sound was him breathing and he made it to the top of the stairs before having to sit down he was so out of breath. “Sage!” He called loudly, coughing like crazy and struggling to stay upright.

Sage hears him and rushes up the stairs. She sees the state he was in and gasps, rushing to him. “Baby sit down.” She murmurd and watches him. “Breathe.”

He groaned a bit and sat down carefully with his head in his hands. “I can’t.” He grunted coughing and spluttering again feeling her make him lay on his side just trying to focus and breathe but it wasn’t happening. “Sage I’m scared.” He whimpered shaking a little.

Sage frowns and holds his hand tightly. She grabs her phone and calls 911. She holds his hand and tries to sooth him. “It’s gonna be okay.”

He groaned a bit louder and struggled to stay awake just staring at her, hearing her muffled voice asking for an ambulance, feeling that his grip was getting too loose on her hand and it started slipping until his hand fell limp by his side and his breathing became almost non existent.

Sage frowns and shakes her head. “Baby no come on.” She murmurd and shakes him a little. “Baby don’t do this to me. Not now.” She whimpers and holds onto him as she waits for the ambulance.

It was only a few minutes later when the paramedics finally arrived and they went up to him quickly to see what they could do to help, getting answers from Sage before they moved him onto a stretcher, having to use a bag to breathe for him until they loaded him and told sage she would have to take her car as there was no room in the back while they were trying to work on him.

Sage nods and watches them drive away. She takes a few deep breathes as she gathers her purse, shoes and keys, trying to stop her uncontrollable shaking. She eventually gets in the car and heads to the hospital quickly.

They let her through after half an hour of her being there. “Ma’am your partner hasn’t been taking his medication. For at least the past couple days.” He explained to her as he led her through to the room they had him in.

He looked over at her frowning some and still breathing heavily. “I’m so sorry... I’m so sorry it wasn’t just... it was the last thing on my mind.” He sobbed

Sage frowns and sighs. She hugs him gently and kisses his head. “It’s okay.” She murmurs softly. She wanted to yell at him, scream about it, but she couldn’t. It wasn’t gonna help anything. She sighs and closes her eyes.

He sniffles a little as he slowly calmed down. “They want to keep me here for a few days, police already contacted them about all this.” He explained to her quietly wiping at his eyes and just about jumping out of his skin when his phone rang, answering it and running a hand through his hair. “Hello?”

Sage nods a little and sits down beside him. She holds his hand while he answers the phone.

Daria could be heard crying on the other end. “Daddy!” She cries and shakes. The man gets on the line. “Heard someone’s in the hospital. That’s too bad. I really needed you to do those tasks for me.”

“You know I can’t now. Just send her home for God’s sakes take me instead but send her home please. She’s just a child!” He snapped at him, shaking a little and trying to stay calm.

Sage holds onto him and sniffles. She shakes her head and sighs softly. She just wanted Daria back.

The man chuckles. “You know better than anyone it doesn’t work like that.”

“What do you want from me? Just give me my daughter back please!” He begged him heading her crying on the other end of the phone.

“No!” He told him quickly. He couldn’t do a swap like that. He couldn’t go through that either. “Take me. Take me and do whatever you want but not my girls please.” He begged.

Mark chuckles and shakes his head. “Don’t want you. I want Sage. You have twenty four hours. Either she meets me at the location I’ll be sending you or your daughter dies.” He tells him and hangs up.

He stared at sage frowning some and just focused on staying calm. “He wants you... I don’t think it’s Brody.” He muttered. “I think it’s mark.” He grunted. “He mentioned you being a secretary. Brody doesn’t ever use that word... he calls someone their receptionist. Or the skirt girl.” He muttered and quickly called the cops to let them know what had just happened.

Sage frowns and bites her lip. She sits down in a chair and thinks. If it was Mark, she knew him pretty well. She could get herself out of the situation eventually. Jason needed his daughter back. She looks at him when he gets off the phone. “Where does he want me to go?” She asks.

“No. No no no you’re not going anywhere. Point blank I refuse.” He muttered. The more he thought about it the Moreno it made sense. Daria knee Brody. She knew him til she was almost 9. She would certainly remember him. She had never met mark before so she wouldn’t know to tell Jason who he was on the short phone calls she got.

Sage sits down beside him. “Jason I know mark. Hell I worked for him for three years. I can reason with him more and after what he did to you, I wouldn’t put it past him to hurt Daria and I’m not letting that happen.” She murmurs.

He shook his head. “No. Absolutely not. I’m not letting that happen so I won’t hear anymore of it.” He muttered. “We don’t know that he would bring her back alive either.” He pointed out. “I can’t lose one of you and I could not lose both of you.” He told her trying to be firm about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back