• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern This ain't no West Side Story

Sage walked down the street lined with shops and restaurants of her downtown neighborhood. She was meeting up with some friends to go shopping for an upcoming wedding of one of the friends. She glances around and runs a hand through her hair. It was a nice summer night and she had always loved nighttime the most. She glances around at the store signs, trying to find the dress shop her friend had asked to meet at.

Jason was stood outside his apartment block leaning against the wall and smoking the days last cigarette, taking in his warm it was and enjoying it. He much preferred summer to winter and tonight was no exception as he just let his night off be relaxing, looking over across the street to see one woman standing outside a dress shop by herself raising an eyebrow some.

Sage glances inside the shop and frown. None of them were there yet. She sighs softly and leans against the wall, deciding to wait for them in the warm night air. She glances around and then down at her phone, texting the group that she was there. She glances up at the night sky and smiles as she sees some of the stars. She had studied astrology in college, but didn't pursue it. Now she worked in an office, a receptionist for some big-time lawyer.

Jason stayed there keeping an eye on the young woman. He was by no means above the law but it didn’t mean that he was a bad person. He wasn’t about to stand by while some young woman got hurt being on her own at night. She was pretty as far as he could tell in the dark. It wasn’t long before he heard bikes revving coming down the street and unsurprisingly once they got there they slowed right down and headed towards the young woman.

Sage watches the bikes and raises an eyebrow. She sighs softly and crosses her arms, ignoring the men as they got closer. She knew she could just run into the shop, but she refused to live in fear around here. She knew about the gangs and what went on, but she wasn't gonna let that stop her. She wasn't gonna be a damsel in distress.

Jasonsatched from a distance until he’d seen enough of them harassing her and stomped out his cigarette walking over to that side of the street. “Gentlemen... I don’t think this young woman requires your help tonight so why don’t you leave?” He muttered, seeeing one pull a switchblade out.

Sage glanced up at the man and smiles a little. At least there was still one gentleman left in this town. She watches the other men and sees something glint in the streetlights. She frowns and backs up a little. Of course, this was going to get violent. She grips her phone, ready to call the cops.

“I wouldn’t bother maam, they won’t come for a biker gang.” He chuckled some. “I asked nicely guys. Do not make me do this the hard way.” He muttered but clearly they weren’t going to listen to him and one of the guys went in on him. There was a scuffle and a few punches were thrown but soon enough there was a crunch and one guy yelled out pulling away and cradling his arm to his chest while the three of them got outta there quickly after that. “I don’t wanna see you round this street again!” Jason hollered after them and turned to face the young woman. “You okay?” He asked. He was bleeding a fair amount down his arm. The guy with the switchblade had managed to stab him but it was only soft tissue that it had hit and he was otherwise fine.

Sage watches them with wide eyes, but couldn't bring herself to take off. Maybe she was too worried about the man who helped her or maybe she was too scared to move. Either way, he was over almost as quick as it started. She looked up at the man and nods. "I'm fine." She murmurs and then notices the blood. "Oh my god." She murmurs and moves closer to him, grabbing his arm gently. "You should go see a doctor." She murmurs and shrugs her jacket off and presses it to the wound. She didn't have anything else to use and she couldn't let him bleed out.

He shook his head. “I’ll be alright. I don’t have insurance.... Hey, do you wanna wait in my apartment? It’s not the safest area round here.” He told her gently. “I’m right here.” He smiled and pointed across the street to his building. “Please by all means send someone a photo of me and my building and apartment number but I can’t have you waiting here in the street... I won’t be able to do much if they come back.” He told her gently needing to go there anyway so he could stitch himself up.

Sage frowns and watches him. She thinks about it a minute before nodding. "Do you at least have stuff at the apartment I could bandage you up with? You have to do something." She murmurs softly and watches him. She follows him across the street. She watches his arm and bites her lip. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to get hurt." She murmurs softly.

He nodded and got upstairs with her into his apartment and went to his medicine cabinet. She was right he was definitely losing a fair bit of blood but once he was patched up he was sure he’d be alright. He pulled out the first aid kit and went to sit in the kitchen to sort it out. “This is a bit of an odd time to be wedding dress shopping.” He smiled at her as he started cleaning up the wound then got out a needle and medical thread to stitch it himself.

Sage watches him and winces a little as she watches him stitch himself up. "Bridesmaid dress shopping actually and the bride's mother owns the shop. She's letting us in after closing so we have it to ourselves." She murmurs and looks away. She didn't want to watch him stitch himself up. "What were you doing out?"

He looked up at her and nodded. “Oh. Cool.... smoking. I may look like a Neanderthal but I’m no barbarian... I don’t smoke inside.” He told her and finished up the stitches wiping it all over with antiseptic then out a bandage over it and smiled st her while he disposed of all the stuff. “Thanks for your jacket... I can’t buy you a new one.” He pointed out. She was clearly well off and he was quite the opposite. He got by on what he earned but it wasn’t great.

Sage shakes her head. "Don't worry about it. I never liked it much anyway." She murmurs and smiles at him. "Thanks again for helping me out." She murmurs and watches him. She takes a seat acrosses from him. "I don't think I know anyone who gives themselves stitches." She murmurs softly and raises an eyebrow.

He looked over and grinned. “One of a kind than am I? I’ll take it.” He chuckled and got up going and getting a drink out passing her a glass as well. “Like I said. I don’t have insurance, I’d rather do it myself than pay extortionate amounts for someone else to do it. You grow up in this neighbourhood you learn how to take care of yourself. But you’re not from around here are you?”

Sage watches him and shakes her head. "That obvious?" She asks and takes the glass. She didn't know why she trusted him so much, so fast. SOmething about him drew her in. She bites her lip and shrugs. "I'm from just outside of the city." She murmurs softly and watches him.

He chuckled some and shrugged. “Look ... anyone who stands in this part of town in the dark with a Pravda handbag and Gucci sneakers, at night... on their own.... is not from around here.” He smiled. “No one round here could afford that stuff.” He smiled some “I didn’t catch your name by the way.” He told her. “I’m Jason.” He smiled.

Her phone had buzzed with a text from her friend who was laughing because Sage had gotten the days mixed up. They were going tomorrow night for the fitting.

Sage watches him and bites her lip. She had never really thought about the designer brands she wore. She could afford them so why not? She blushes a little and bites her lip. "Sage." She murmurs. "And yours?" She feels her phone buzz and looks down at the phone. She frowns and groans softly. Of course she had mixed up the days. She had been o busy lately she was surprised she even remembered there was a fitting.

He smiled some at her. “Jason.” He told her. “Something wrong?” He asked her quietly getting up to put the cups in the sink

Sage looks at him. "Apparently I wasn't supposed to meet them until tomorrow." She murmurs softly and watches him. "Guess I got you hurt for no reason." SHe murmurs and frowns. "I'm so sorry."

“Not your fault. They shouldn’t have come at me with a knife... I’m just glad your safe.” He smiled at her and walked her to his front door. “Actually... let me take you to your car. I don’t want them coming back for you.” He smiled at her.

Sage smiles a little and nods. "Thanks." She murmurs and gets up. She heads out with him and wraps her arms around herself. She heads down the street to her car. "It was really nice meeting you, Jason." She murmurs softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back