• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern This ain't no West Side Story

Sage smiles and closes her eyes. She soon fell asleep, more tired then she had thought she was. She curls up against him and sleeps soundly.

Things seemed to be going well for a good three months after he got back home. He was still struggling to walk much and he still had really bad days but he was doing okay still. Sage seemed to be enjoying her new job and he was just happy that she was happy. Daria seemed to be doing a bit better at school as well and that morning Jason had walked to her bus stop with her then came him and went to lay on the couch for a bit.

Sage heads downstairs and goes to make coffee. She had to be in the office in a few minutes for a video conference with a client so she was dressed in a nice blouse and business jacket, but still in her pj shorts and slippers. "How you feeling?" She asks soflty. "Want some breakfast?"

He glanced over at her and chuckled quietly. “Babe you forgot the bottom half of your outfit.” He teased gently. “Uhm... no im okay. I had some juice already, taken the meds, don’t think I’m up to walking as far as the bus stop though yet.” He mumbled tiredly. “You want me to stay upstairs during your call?”

Sage giggles at his comment and sticks her tongue out at him. She goes over to him and sits down, moving some hair out of his forehead. “You okay?” She asks softly and watches him. “And you can stay down here.” She assures him and kisses his forehead.

He nodded smiling at her. “I’m good baby.” He murmured kissing her gently. “I love you.” He smiled at her a little more then stood up carefully and shuffled to go use the restroom before coming back and laying on the couch pulling his laptop out to get some work done for helping his friend out.

Sage nods and watches him. She sighs softly and heads to the room she had turned into an office. She closes the door and gets on her laptop, taking the call.

Jason eventually shut his laptop off and rolled over, getting up carefully and shuffled to the kitchen to get a drink, frowning when his phone came up with a call from Daria, answering it and hearing her sobbing down the line. “Sweetheart.... what’s wrong?” He asked her feeling the panic rise when she didn’t answer. “Daria... Daria What’s going on?” He asked her a bit firmer

Sage comes out of her office and sees him on the phone and looking worried. She goes over and bites her lip. “What wrong?” She asks soflty and rubs his arm. She was just hoping it wasn’t the hospital.

Sage frowns when she hears Daria’s name. She quickly sits in front of him. “Baby calm down.” She murmurs soflty.

Daria yelps a little and a man gets on the line. “You really think double crossing me would be that easy. I took care of you and you’re just gonna drop me like that! I don’t think so you’re gonna learn pretty quick what happens to people that double cross me.” He snaps and the line goes dead.

He felt his heart in his throat “Hey! Hey!” He yelled louder until he realised the line had gone dead and went into full blown panic mode, struggling to breathe and eventually tipped forward, falling out of the chair, laying on the floor. His body wasn’t strong enough to handle his heart going into overdrive like it was.

He could hear her in the background but mostly he could hear his heart pounding and just thought about Daria. He knew that voice but he just didn’t know where from. Who had his little girl!

Sage frowns and holds onto him. “Jason baby it’s okay. Breathe.” She murmurs softly. She wanted to know what was wrong with Daria, but he couldn’t talk right now. She grabs the phone and calls the school to figure out while she waits for the medics.

The medics eventually arrived and stayed there with him to help settle him, helping him to get propped up against the wall sitting up, talking him through everything and once he seemed stable again they left, not needing to take him to the hospital.

Jason looked up at Sage shaking a little still. “Someone’s taken her.” He told her quietly. “Someone has got my little girl!” He snapped. “I heard his voice and I know that voice but I can’t ewmwmber where I know it from!” He snapped feeling helpless and scared for her life.

Sage had already talked to the school about someone checking Daria out early, clamming to be Matt. She looks at him and cups his cheek. "We're gonna get her back." She murmurs soflt.y "What did they say?"

He whimpered a little and repeated what the guy had said to him. “I want her home safe.” He muttered shaking a little. He was in no shape yet to be taking off after these people like he had done when Sage was shot. “I haven’t crossed anyone. God I spent so long making sure that never happened!” He sobbed.

Sage looks at him. "He said he took care of you. Could someone be coming after you for getting out of that life? Was it the guy you told me was like a dad to you?" She asks softly, trying anything to get him to remember why he knew the voice.

He shook his head and wiped at his eyes. “No no it couldn’t be... it couldn’t.” He whimpered shaking like mad, looking over as his phone rang with her number again and he scrambled to answer. “Hello?!”

Sage frowns and watches him. She curls closer and tries to listen.

Daria whimpers and holds the phone. “Daddy!” She cries and shakes. She glances at the man and wipes at her eyes. “Daddy I’m in a wearhouse..” She was cut off and a sharp slap was heard. “Jason Times running out for this one.”

“What the hell do you want me to do?! Bring her back to me!” He yelled flinching when he heard the slap and just buried his face in his hands.

Sage frowns and holds his hand. She watches him and tries to keep him as clam as she could.

The man chuckles. “It’s nice hearing you squirm for once Jason. You’re gonna do a few more jobs for me then you can have the little brat back.”

“What the hell do you want asshole?!” He snapped at him struggling to stay calm and frowned some when a realisation struck him that Daria knew where she was. He covered the phone so the guy wouldn’t hear him then looked at Sage. “She’s not blindfolded.” He told her quietly swallowing hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back