• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [Rebooted]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
|:| Edward Brookes |:|

Brookes was aware of some of the potentially unstable inmates who were not diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder upon arrival. Trauma has a funny way of settling in, and some of these inmates had a rough time before showing up behind bars. A mental breakdown that could end in a rebellion at a weak spot would be a problem. Properly handled, however, they can deal with their problems through a healthy outlet that he was confident the therapist before him could handle. David presented a few files of recommendations, which the Warden took into his hands, examining each file one by one, first seeing the names on the outside of the files, then the brief summary as the cover page inside each of the files. Each had some traumatic event in their past that may or may not become an issue in the future, or, they inevitably will want to open up in some way. Things like this can't be bottled up forever, and a release was important to keeping the peace.

"You certainly have my greenlight," he responded before even reading the entirety of the files, but keeping his eyes glued to each specific of the inmate's potential for issues down the road. He hummed to himself as he processed the information before him and continued to engage in conversation. "You did mention Miss Felis as well, and I would say to add her into the lot. As far as I've been told, she lacks the proper etiquette of most civilized beings. That's a problem, even if we do have a group of unruly inmates among the lot. And we can't keep her isolation or the psych ward due to the humanitarian repercussions that would result. Been there, done that..." He shook his head in dismay at the recollection of the last time a human rights NGO decided to poke their noses in his business. "However, we are allowed to have her undergo therapy to help integrate with her peers. I hope her... lack of a history won't be too much of an issue for an expert like you. It's odd how her file was rather lackluster in her past and lineage compared to others with more... complicated ones, like Mister Bent. It's uncertain how much she knows, or if she's open to speak about it either."

Direct Mentions: Zenpai Zenpai

|:| Jasper Bent |:|

It didn't take as long as he'd assumed for Nix to wake up. Whether it was the lights or the unpleasant sound of Valerie's wake-up call, who could stay asleep beyond those circumstances? Hopefully, he wasn't the nuisance that woke the siren up. He'd tried his hardest to remain quiet and not disturb her as he washed his face and grabbed his toothbrush and the cheap tube of toothpaste to take care of a basic morning hygienic routine. If he were going to grow old in prison, he didn't want the deterioration process to start this soon. There was no hairbrush anywhere nearby, and his hair looked like a typical bedhead mess. Guess his hands would have to do for making himself look somewhat presentable. Then again, for who? It might just get him laughed at by a certain guard who appeared to get off to their misery, reminded of her existence by the outburst of laughter that he could hear from the upper floor.

At least politeness was still on the table between the two cellmates. Perhaps they were both a little worried about betrayal simply by the usual impressions and stereotypes about prison. Or was it just Nix's inability to talk or scream that made things civil. What happens if that mask ever comes off? Would Nix be grateful for Jasper's attempts to understand her and be a good person as he'd been for so long? He'd been trying his best to actually make friends, whether it was due to their proximity or his own fascination with her form of inhibition... or just him enjoying the game of charades. It was certainly complicated, but so long as they weren't killing each other, after all.

The two cellmates were still on good terms, and before they could really 'talk', Nix pointed away from her as she approached the toilet. That went without saying. With the toothbrush in his mouth, he gave her a thumbs-up sign of approval and turned away, spitting into the sink, setting the toothbrush back onto the side of the flimsy faucet, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt, then stepping towards the cell door to get a look at what's outside.

Some inmates had already stood outside waiting for instructions. Some guards were marching about to ensure that nothing suspicious was occurring in the cells. Then there was Valerie on the bottom floor, still laughing to herself about the radio call she'd received. That woman had quite the nerve to act this rude and get away with it. She must be close with the Warden, who clearly advocated this sort of behavior of his staff. And who knows how the rest of the guards will behave, after all.

Without looking back behind him, the telepath spoke to his cellmate as he used the end of his shirt to dry the front of his hair, as he'd planned before, "The sink is all yours when you want. I'm all good here."

There was still something... odd about the toilet, how it broke the last night, and Jasper's obsessive mind couldn't get over it. If that toilet could be entirely removed, what sort of path would await them beyond? And if he tried to peek, what would the girl in the bunk beneath him think? One thing he could never get out of Nix no matter how much charades they play: would the mute become a snitch?

Direct Mentions: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x

The lights turning on really hadn't bothered Will, as he had been awake for over an hour now. The graveyard shift guards had woken him, when they thought it appropriate to barge into his cell and begin examining all his contraptions. A mind-check and several annoying half-hour explanations later, they had decided to let him keep his desk lamp, alongside what appeared to be sketches of some sort of prosthetic appendage-a leg, to be precise. The guards didn't have the slightest idea of what he would need a leg for, but his handler was able to deduce that it was, as a matter of fact, not a dangerous explosive, and therefore couldn't really hurt anyone.

Therefore, by the time Valerie began abusing his ears with obnoxious beeps, he was already up, re-checking the sketch he had made. Definitely usable. Maybe a few kinks to work on here and there, but a considerable improvement over that mess of jumbled parts that was Lany's current one. Of course, sketching it was one thing: He'd actually need quite some time, and several rare materials, too, if he were to actually incorporate this design, not to mention that the creation of the specialized tools alone would tire him considerably for several days. He was quite sure that the prison wouldn't give him a workshop even if he asked for one. Unless... they had informed them yesterday that winners in the fight ring would have access to certain "privileges". Perhaps he could ask for a few hours at a supervised workshop for his?

Difficult. Certainly difficult but possible. While he wasn't against using violence to attain his goals, this wouldn't be as simple as beating some random thugs. The opponent could be lightning-fast, ave a mind-affecting attack, or be a giant spider like Kala. Truly, there was no way that he could emerge victorious from this mess.
"Don't think like that. You're smarter and crazier than any of them. If they're big, you can blow them up. If they're fast, you can trap them. If they fight from afar, you can lunge in their faces"
"And what if they're telepaths? Magicians? Fucking-Sirens-or some shit like that? Replied his mind, with no small dose of pessimism.

Will didn't really have an answer for these questions. Perhaps it would come down to luck, in the end-him getting matched with something brutish and predictable. Or perhaps he could find a partner for the ring that would compliment his weaknesses. But who would be willing to help him with this endeavor? Will didn't know anyone, and he doubted a bunch of random people would be willing to trust their physical integrity in the hands of someone like him.

Deciding to abandon this train of thought for later, he moved to the sink, where he brushed his teeth, before making an effort to comb his unruly mess of hair with his hands-a futile task, for Will had not the slightest idea about how people made themselves look good. Seeing as his cell-mate was waking up, he flashed her a smile:
"Good morning to my favorite Arachnid. How did'ya sleep?"

David nodded. Brookes had given his approval of his choices for the new prisoners in need of special therapy and David was happy they were on the same page. "I shall add Felis to the list then. Her lack of recorded history shouldn't be a problem. If need be I can keep notes on her memories, that is if she lets me know of them. I wouldn't want to force her into it as I'm sure that would negatively impact her views on not only me, who she should be able to trust but authority in general." He paused for a moment. "I can only hope the inmates accept the help I offer. I'm sure I can find another way if they resist, but I'd rather they make my job and my life a little bit easier." He chuckles a bit.
"Sorry if I've been bothering you. I can get back to preparing for later today now."

KasperXIII KasperXIII

~NIX- Inamte~

"The sink is all yours when you want. I'm all good here."

Nix gave a nod. Giving a good shake of her legs to check her shoes were on tight, before standing up and heading over to the sink. Her gaze flitted to the mirror as she approached, well aware of how a mess she looked. Unable to grasp how her roommate dealt with her image that he’d have to wake to every morning. She couldn’t bear it herself!

Looking closer she noticed how the bulky metallic band around her mouth forced her hair away from her face. The few rebellious strands that tried getting into the crevasses of the mechanism she had forced back with a scowl of distaste. She then meddled with the neck brace. A hand trying to have it sit a little more snugly as the stress marks around it cried for relief. But to Nix’s displeasure, the damn thing wouldn't budge.

She was forced to move on. But her hand that was reaching for the tap suddenly hesitated in realization. Her movements slowed. Gently lifting and allowing a slow steady stream of water to wash into the sink. Again. Hesitation. Before she touched it as if it was some sort of sleeping predator. The touch was rippling, a cool sensation washing over her body immediately, and it gave her the courage to advance the rest of her hand beneath the cool touch of the liquid.

Course it was nothing magical. Just touching water didn’t mean she would suddenly sprout a tail; she was capable enough to control it, having learnt too when she first joined the human world. She’d have to be fully submerged before the battle between legs and tail would begin to be a problem. Plus, the metal band and mask inhibited it, she presumed that the doc’s would have ensured that she couldn’t shift unless on their terms. Psht. Fuck them and their terms. They could take away all the fuck they wanted from Nix, but they couldn't take this. She stared hard at the water coming from the tap. The calming liquid did more than just remind her of her days in the ocean, it drove a thought deep into her heart and mind as to whether she could return to that...

The moment was scarce. She pushed the tap shut, and quietly strode over to where Jasper stood.

With her hand still drizzling with water, she brought up her wrist and spritz water in his direction, smirking as she aimed to gander through the same window.

~

KasperXIII KasperXIII

|:| Valerie Masterson |:|

In response to Severinus' odd request, one that's reply was pretty much known if the inmate were to ask any higher authority, the guard looked... surprised. Since when would an inmate find it remotely acceptable to ask to serve wine to inmates, let alone remove his inhibitor to turn water into wine. Wasn't the answer pretty obvious? Or was a man of the cloth given certain privileges? Giving morning prayers was one thing, but making miracles? Wasn't that exactly what this prison was supposed to prevent? Genuinely confused, he arched and eyebrow and crossed his eyes. At least things became interesting after an otherwise boring night.

"Huh... let me just run this by a higher ranking CO real quick. Because I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to ever have that off, and I wasn't given specific instructions to allow that."

Following protocol to the dotted I's and crossed T's, the guard picked up his radio, hooked to his utility belt, flickered a dial on the side of it, and spoke with his mouth directly on the microphone. He was going to ask right in front of Boethius, and he'd be able to hear Valerie's response, too.

"Officer Masterson."

"What is it?" Her voice seemed irritated, all of a sudden, as a change from her sarcastic overtone around the inmates as she banged on their doors and insulted them.

"We got priest boy here who wants his inhibitor turned off. He wants to turn water into wine or something. Must be some religious thing, or a first day blessing? A gift? Damned if I know."

There was a pause on Valerie's end. Silence. The guard looked back and forth between the priest and the device in his hand... until loud, hysterical laughter came from the radio. And it wasn't short or respectful. The head of security was laughing like a hyena and banging her nightstick on the nearest cell door (fortunately, no one of ours). She was unable to breathe for a moment from how hard she was laughing, as she coughed as well. The guard smirked at how his superior broke out into laughter as a response.

"I think you have your answer, Boethius," he uttered, trying not to chuckle along for the sole sake of going along with Valerie.

But the head of security had much more to say. "You're kidding, right? I gotta say, that's pretty rich and got my day starting off right. That priest wants me to take his inhibitor off so he can turn water into wine? What's next? He's gonna walk out of Thesta on a donkey, walk on water, and cure cancer to show his holiness to the world? Or multiply our bread and fish for all the inmates to end world hunger? Or does he just wanna take some bible verse out of context to get laid in here? Don't make me fucking laugh." Valerie had no boundaries, going all out as disrespectful as she could possibly be. "Tell the priest that he can take whatever precious candle or chalice he has and shove it right up his ass. He seriously thinks he can get away with serving wine to inmates... Maybe to me and the Warden along with a martini, but we'll see about that. Masterson out."

After going on a tangent and mocking Boethius, she placed her radio back into its place. Such an attitude of negativity towards Christianity almost seemed natural for Valerie. Was it because her lustful drive contradicted Christian values? Or was it just her demonic ancestry that made it almost instinctual? Though 100% human, it didn't take away that her great great grandfather was technically a demon, after all...

Back in the kitchen however, the amused grin on the guard's face was difficult to hide as he shrugged. The inmate heard it all, from the laughter to the joke about martinis. He did wipe the smile off his face and returned to a more stern, serious approach. "Guess you got your answer, inmate. Now back to work."

Direct Mentions: St. Boethius St. Boethius

Not long after Valerie had arrived, so did the Warden. As a security precaution, he typically wouldn't leave and enter the prison through the usual entrance, but rather through a back door that lead to the offices of the prison, including his own and ones for some of the higher-ranking guards. It was simply a way that he wouldn't have to interact with many of the inmates when going or coming. It was also a manner for him to keep some of his more unsettling ice abilities off the record, in case something out of his control slips on his way out. All the more safe to ensure he doesn't get the melting treatment like his mistress did. He entered his quarters wearing his usual black overcoat, fedora, and walking stick - he didn't have issues walking even if he'd taken a bullet to the thigh in his war days, but he liked it simply for the aesthetic of having a cane. His office was as untouched as it always was, apart from the dent in the door that Annabelle had cause the other night. He'd have to make a call to get that fixed later.

On top of that, he had a call to make with his private doctor in order to run more tests on his abnormal form of homeostasis. This doctors would enter from the back door as well, and the Warden would ask not to be disturbed during this time. It was a surprise enough that none of his trusted staff had grown suspicious, especially not a more omniscient character like Pisha, but it might just be for the better that no one knows or looks too far into it.

Mornings were often met with peace and quiet for the Warden, but on a day with new inmates, things tend to become rather chaotic with changes that may be in order. For example, the vampire situation in gen-pop sector G, or the mix-up with inmates between G and F. That was a paperwork nightmare on his own, one half handled by him, the other by Valerie and the guard who made the mistake. He dialed his air conditioning on to the lowest setting, as always, hung his overcoat and fedora on the coat rack by the door, and approached his desk to enjoy the quiet and see whatever was left for him from the graveyard crew.

Odd... nothing new. These new inmates must be really behaving themselves. What a surprise.

As he took a look at his nearly vacant desk, a few light taps came from his door as he called out, "Come in." Then entered the therapist, David. The doctor entered with a shiver and clearly nervous, as if he were in trouble. However, he wasn't in trouble and didn't bear bad news. He was simply asking about when therapy would commence. "Come on in, Doctor Gordon." He gestured towards his cushioned chairs in front of his desk as he took a seat in his own, higher, leather one behind his desk.

"We still need to complete psych eval's for some of the new inmates, some of the more unstable ones that we were informed about mental disorders," the Warden explained. "This will be completed around 6 PM today when the time for rituals and AA meetings take place. Some inmates will have compulsory appointments at regular intervals, while others will be open to come whenever they wish to talk to someone. Just keep in mind that you should regulate the impromptu meetups, as there are some inmates who take priority and need more focus. I'm sure a professional like yourself can manage that well, am I right?"

The Warden's smile could be noticed through his thickening mustache, pleased by the presence of a man like David arriving at a time like this. It gave him company, and he wanted the therapist to feel a bit more comfortable around him. Though Edward was his superior, he had a liking for most of his higher-ranking staff.

Silver Ferae
She hadn't been too bothered by the early wake up call - she had been awake anyway, fidgeting and whining about the constant pain her inhibitor brought. The distraction was almost welcomed - until she actually got to the kitchen. It was full of things she didn't understand and people she didn't know... It made her feel cornered and scared.

Silver hung around at the back of the group, banging pots and pans together in an attempt to look busy whenever she felt the guard's attention on her. Her ears pricked up - quite literally - at the wine incident, and she sidled closer to the priest.
"Hey, what's wine?"

St. Boethius St. Boethius
Boethius sighed and turned away from the guard to continue his task. He couldn’t say that the answer surprised him if anything it went about as well as he could have hoped. Especially with the head guard Valarie involved. If all she did was cast insults his way he could take it no problem. The important part was that he didn’t get punished for simply asking. To Boethius that meant that there was a minute chance that he could use his ability under specific circumstances. Boethius wasn’t one to use his ability to escape. He had already confessed to his crime before man, but he had yet been given the opportunity to confess before God and cleanse his soul. Boethius didn’t care how long he stayed here so long as his soul was right with God. Boethius heard the question about wine turned to Silver with a friendly smile. “ Wine is a drink made from grapes that are fermented. If a priest asks God to bless the wine it becomes the Eucharist, the holy blood of God that cleanses sin and instills God’s grace in his children. “ Boethius explained as he kept an eye on his task. He had planned to do just that in the hopes that it would help everyone to go down the righteous path.

"Oh, no, no trouble at all," Edward shook his head, wondering why David could've possibly thought his presence was a burden. Mornings were often rather lonely, anyway. Or was he just worried of the rumors of people being sent to the Warden's office never really came out with smiles on their face. "For one, I was expecting to have this conversation with you today at some point. I'm glad we got the chance to talk now rather than later when we're all more busy with other obligations. Not to mention it's rather lonely in the early hours."

There was the mention of... other, unconventional methods. Ones beyond the skill set of a therapist. Ones that the more aggressive members of security would take care of. "Well, we'll hope that we never have to come to the more... drastic measures. Not with Felis, and not with any other inmates. Piecing together her past won't be too difficult if we're basically starting from scratch. We can.... educate her in some manner. It will make her more civilized than the cannibal that we admitted. Reformation. Isn't that what prison is all about, after all?"

But Brookes was aware that Thesta had to break some rules in order to maintain order, and reformation wasn't priority. They had to be harsh in some instances in order to keep the peace. And if carefully educating Silver into an outstanding citizen wasn't going to work, then the isolation/sensory-deprivation method used on many others would have to do it.

Direct Mentions for Edward: Zenpai Zenpai

|:| Jasper Bent & Valerie Masterson |:|

As Jasper heard the sounds of Nix maneuvering around the cell, he slowly stepped out of the unlocked cell, waiting for whatever role call or head count or search attempt there was to come. When it came to undergoing security measures, nothing compared to the grueling process when he was admitted, all the way down to a cavity search. Did they have to endure THAT again? Jasper was hoping not. He had nothing to hide, and had done nothing wrong thus far... well, except break the toilet, but it looked like it was on its last leg anyway. If he didn't, someone else would've made it break. And the physical violence probably wouldn't hurt as much as Valerie's harsh words, piercing each person like a bullet as she disrespected each and every one to their faces, and might've brought some to tears in their private quarters - at least Jasper thought they were tears.

Very few inmates had stepped outside just yet. Punctual as usual was the telepath, even behind bars. Hopefully that wouldn't provoke some insults from the dominatrix for a head of security. Just a few looks at some inmates made Jasper feel better about his raggedy appearance; most of the others didn't really look any better. Maybe it was just the misery of a first night in prison, or just the lack of care for hygiene in general here. So many bedheads and sleepy faces. Some people were taking their sweet time, and Jasper didn't dare go peeking around. He didn't want to make an enemy by being a peeping tom, and certainly didn't want to actually catch someone following Valerie's words and masturbating before the day begins. Fortunately, he couldn't hear THAT from the top bunk.

Sadly seeing that all he could do off the ledge was hear a few muffles from some inmates, not fully gaining his abilities back, it gave Jasper some time to think back at the names called out yesterday. He was so worried that there would be an inmate in Thesta that he sent here in his time in Filincia. He'd been responsible for locking so many people up that it was difficult to keep track. What are the odds they came on the same bus anyway? Unless extradition laws came in to play if they were of some particular foreign decent. Were any names familiar around here? Any faces?

Well... one was. He could've sworn it was familiar, but now it came up. Alasdair Linwood. A telekinetic fugitive who sought refuge in Filincia but was only caught for other crimes. He had a cheap public defender to oversee his case, who concocted an insane lie, one that would've slipped through the cracks if it weren't for him. Linwood would've walked by some strange luck of a random lawyer. But it was in DuClarke's courtroom, where Jasper watched over like a hawk and caught the lie. Linwood got 75 years with no chance of parole, all because of a young man with a similar gift.

...And that man was literally downstairs. Jasper's name was never brought up to Alasdair, but how many telepaths worked in law enforcement and did the kind of work he did? How long would it take to piece that together? It made him want to be more secretive of his so-called 'crime'. He hoped that Alasdair wouldn't come after him; it would be his worst nightmare come true. Maybe he could befriend other members of law enforcement in the prison? Maybe also wrongly charged? Nix was good company, but not talking about issues in a mutual form might be complicated for Jasper's case. He just hoped his powers would kick back in later in the day before the haul him off to get drugged even more.

Ignore, Jasper... He told himself with a wince. Try not to interact with Linwood, or even think of him. He doesn't even know it was you that got him locked up.

...Then came the cruel mistress herself. Valerie, twirling around her nightstick and whistling like she was all that, like some sort of overlord watching over her underlings. Jasper tried not to make eye contact and just looked down to the lower level of gen-pop, hoping for no sort of encounter. Don't look, she'll probably just pass right by you if you don't make eye contact.

So far, so good... the whistling and footsteps got louder, then began to fade, as if she passed right by him. Jasper was about ready to take a sigh of relief, until he felt a tight grip take his neck and thrust it forward over the railing of the second floor, almost about to throw him off. Jasper gasped in fear, a loud one at that, clenching the rails for dear life, breathing heavier than he ever had. Was this Linwood already? Did Valerie tell him with the sole intention of bullying a law enforcer in prison?

No, it was much simpler... just a sadistic Valerie teasing him by throwing him forward. "HAH! Suck it, nerd," she scoffed as she tugged Jasper by his neck back to safety. She never intended to drop him off the second floor, but she saw him leaning forward and trying to ignore her; she couldn't resist. "Watch your balance next time, right, lawyer boy? You could easily fall off and hurt yourself doing that."

Jasper just stared back in shock, disbelief, even offended because he wasn't quite a 'lawyer', but rather an apprentice. And that yelling about wouldn't be good for him and maintaining his cover. Unless Valerie craved the chaos that would ensue... "Are you mad?! You can't do that!"

Valerie shrugged in a sassy manner, letting her crabby nature out in a way that wouldn't make her seem weak. She gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder with her nightstick, simply for the sake of poking more fun. "Nah, but you made it too easy. First rule of prison, you puss: don't make it easy for me to fuck with you. And your face? Priceleeeeesss. I should've taken a picture to use on my next tour, or as a 'watch your step' sign. Maybe next time." She spun away from Jasper with a laugh before could say anything again, taking the nightstick back into her dominant hand and banging it a few times on his and Nix's door. What did she want from an inmate who can't even defend herself verbally? "Hey, Mute Shitty, you might wanna hurry up on the can. Your cellmate looks like he's gonna shit his pants. Bet you don't wanna clean it up outside your cell, right?" She gave Jasper a cruel grin, then another laugh of satisfaction as she continued her stroll across the hall, banging on each door of the level, calling out in a rather playful, taunting manner, "Let's gooooo, we don't have all day, maggots. I don't wanna walk in on you jerking it and have to cut it off, so hurry up!"

Well, part of her wanted to. But not the cutting off part... Rather than keep thinking of that 'pleasant' possibility, she made her way down the steps as soon as she finished giving each door a good bang on the second floor, regrouping with some of the other newer guards until the preparation minutes were over and the headcount and transport to the cafeteria could begin.

An almightily pissed off Jasper just crossed his eyebrows and frowned, clenching his fists in an attempt to try not to chase after her and give her a piece of his mind. What right did she have to verbally abuse and humiliate inmates like that? What sort of crazy place was this to allow for such behavior? He rubbed his neck after feeling Valerie's nails dig into his skin. Talking to Nix like that was also rather uncalled for in his books, especially because she couldn't fight back with words. He gritted his teeth as he waited for her to finish up in there. Or would she come out to see what was going on? Or to chuckle under her pesky mask?

Direct Mentions for Jasper and Valerie: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x
Indirect Mentions for Jasper: Zenpai Zenpai + anyone who might've heard/seen him on the ledge
Indirect Mentions for Valerie: (second-floor inmates + anyone who saw her and Jasper + the guards, if any of you want a chance to interact upon seeing what she did to Jasper)

Maslany Miloszchenko - Inmate
Lany was dragged out of her preferred state of unconsciousness and back into reality at the bestial beck and call of the Scarlet Harlot; she squeezed the sides of her pillow over her ears and flipped over onto her stomach, pressing her face into her mattress to shield her weary eyes from the inescapable glare of fluorescent lighting. It was a mistake, however, as her stomach was still bruised and tender from yesterday's orientation.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk," she groaned, mattress muffling her lament. Lany turned over gingerly once more, grimacing as she did. "Why does she have to be a bitch and a morning person?" Lany protested lowly, seemingly to no one, as Silver was already gone.

Clutching her stomach, she sat up and hobbled over to look through her cell bars, seeing Silver being lead with a group of other inmates out of the cellblock. Sighing and thankful for some peace, Lany stretched out a bit, and yawned one more long 'fuck'.

At least I can pee in peace.

She did, and then washed her hands and face, brushing her teeth as such, and tussled her hair back in place. Lany knew the burgeoning tide of routine had crashed. This was how it was going to be for a while, but she was herself again. Just in prison. She scowled at herself in the small mirror above the sink, fingertips impatiently tapping on the bowl of the sink.

You're a short amputee with a gimpy foot and gigantic fist that you can barely use. You're literally out of shape and you had your ass handed to you yesterday by the patron saint of perpetual menstruation.

Lany began to hype herself up, as she did in the old days when she was a stand-in boxer for her dead brother. Taking an offensive stance without being completely grounded, she readied both her fists, one comically larger than the other in any other context, and tested a punch with it, mechanical fist stopping within a millimeter of the glass. It was heavy, its force nothing like she was ever used to, but immediately burdensome as she brought the fist down, shoulder following through with the motion drooping forwards. She remembered all that useless training; a coach with a crooked nose telling her to never hyper-extend her arm or leg to make contact, but only to drive foot or fist deeper after contact was made - it was how you broke bone.

It's not their fault if they think you're weak. You look the part. But there's nothing keeping you from breaking this mirror and using the shards to shank whoever calls you out on it.

She began shifting her weight from foot to foot, her old dexterity kicking in to keep her light and not have to rely on balance, but motion. She could feel her body working in unison, no burden, no pain - just momentum.

No more emotional bullshit. You were high off your mind off the shit they put in your leg. No more nail, no more badass prosthetics, no guns. It's just you now. Don't fuck it up.

She punched with full force this time, shoulder driving the fist - she allowed her weight to roll forwards. It felt good this time. Lany hobbled over to her bed, and put on her socks and shoes. She figured if she wore two layers of socks on her gimpy foot, it might compensate her weight a bit with a greater surface area. She was able to walk a bit better, and strode out of her cell for role-call while rolling up the sleeves of her uniform. Some inmates were still mulling about in their cells, and some were standing about in on the block floor.

A sudden gasp sharply heaved above her; she looked up and saw that an inmate was grappling for his life over the railing, eyes dilated in shock as a hand reached over and grabbed him from falling forwards more. Some relentless and immistakable cackling followed as the sharp clip of footsteps clanged on steel steps like a funeral toll, with the addition the metallic clinking of the railing bars as the Head of Security dragged her nightstick against them. Whatever happened upstairs had the bitch in a good mood. A mood Lany instantly and instinctively wanted to sour, but seeing as she was still unsteady from yesterday's encounter.

Her stomach felt differently though, as the Head of Security's dramatic entrance was ruined by a sudden, audible growl coming from Lany.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

"Indeed," David voiced his agreement. He certainly didn't want an inmate going to Solitary, much less undergoing sensory deprivation. Felis needed to be properly educated and taught basic human morals if she is to be introduced to society in the future. David nodded once more. "Alright, is there anything more you wanted to discuss or should I take my leave?" He stood up from his seat. Although Brookes had put him more at ease, David still was a bit eager to get out of his office, considering he didn't bring a parka with him. "I can give you an update on how my meetings with the new inmates go tomorrow morning if you believe it is necessary, sir."

KasperXIII KasperXIII

• The spider's eyes opened up, her eight eyelids fluttering as she stared at the ground in her sitting position. Honestly? She couldn't understand the guard's instructions, her morning grogginess making comprehension a harder task than normal. Fortunately, her cellmate seemed to notice, the Drider looking up at them with her long messy black hair.

Night one huh.... shit.

Thankfully, as the graveyard shift had busted in, Kala had not awoken, seeing as she was all too used to loud noises going off as she sleeps. These noises ranged from screams to gunshots, but as years passed she had become used to her environment, just as she hoped she would become with this one. Regardless, she arose hearing the other inmates moving, rolling her shoulders and head with a heavy sigh.

"Hm?... Oh... I am fine." She settled her eyes on the suspicious man, a man who threatened a guard yesterday and started a workshop in their room. Discerning what he wanted from her was in the forefront of her mind, unable to figure just what it was yet. She raised her hand to comb through her hair only to feel the mitten covering mas into her hair, causing another sigh to leave her as she reached near Will to awkwardly grab a comb and attempt to tame her hair. "Do we need to leave soon? I hear people moving."

Interacts: Athanas Athanas

[ Faust - Inmate | Height: 1'1" ]

"Right right," Faust retorted. "We certainly wouldn't want that to happen. I'm much too small. The nightstick would impale me through and through. I would most certainly, in every way, be considered dead—very thoroughly so."

There was an momentary pause. They were going to head out into the cafeteria soon, and Faust had no idea how he intended to go about it. Presumably, opportunities to interact with other inmates would arise, and if that were the case should he stick by Alasdair? He didn't want to come off as a child to them or the other inmates. If he stood by their side too much it could easily give the wrong impression. They were both their own people. They just happened to share a truce and reside in the same cell. On the other hand, if he went off on his own there was the possibility his allegiance could come into question. It would've been easiest to ask straight up, but that would clearly show how clueless he really was, and there couldn't be any of that.

Instead, Faust began his way out, but stopped just short of the doorway. "So... not saying I would but," he swung around a wide grin on display keeping his voice low, and luckily there seemed to be a ruckus going on elsewhere, "if I were to... cause a bit of trouble... there isn't anyone in here you'd be familiar with... would there? ...Anyone you care about in particular? I wouldn't want to step on your toes at all.. but some order needs to be laid down, wouldn't you agree? We can't have the biggest one in here thinking they can push us small one's around—you're small in width, so yes you're included that it." He titled his head to one side letting out a shrill crack. "Nothing serious, so don't go worrying that skinny neck of yours. I'm not a fan of unnecessary violence you see." He wasn't a fan of any violence actually, but Alasdair didn't need to know that. "They've got it coming anyway. If you're the biggest around you've got a target the size of... however big... you are. I just plan on hitting it before anyone else."

This verbal charade had gone so far off track Faust had nearly forgotten why he had started it to begin with, "So uh, yeah... that's how it is... so be careful where you sit."

With those final words, Faust turned around and stepped out of the cell; his face one of immediate regret.

That could've gone better.

Zenpai Zenpai (Alasdair)

~NIX- Inmate~

So lost in thought Nix hadn’t paid attention to what scuffle ensued outside her door. But what the siren did hear was Valerie’s laugh, causing a sickly shiver to ripple down her spine.

She jumped as the redhead’s nightstick banged hard on her door. Her head snapping in its direction, listening out as the guard eventually stalked away. Nix could deal with the name calling, she couldn’t bring herself to really care as to what Valerie choose to name her, she had more prominent things to worry about than that. But what did bother Nix was when someone went at her friends, and so far, she liked Jasper. More to say, she preferred him to the other inmates so far. And while she couldn't exactly trust him, she could at least count on him to work with her on the charades act. Though how patient he was going to be, concerning that, Nix didn't know.

With more purpose in her stride, Nix strode towards the door and swung it wide open, allowing herself through as she stared hard at a rather angry Jasper. Her head snapping in the direction that the bitch had left, giving the guard a glare in spite before she turned back to Jasper.

Her head jerked in his direction, as to question his okayness before her eyes began to wonder once more. She hadn’t had much of a chance to get a good look at Gen-pop and gave a final glance to check Valerie had fully gone to the lower floor, before blue orbs searched down the other end of the hall, noting the other cells.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

Annabelle Sangsue
The vampire winced as her superior almost shoved an inmate over the rails. Normally, she wold have said something as the redhead passed her but... Well, vampires were creatures of the night, and so she had been out all night and had overslept, making herself late. She'd really rather not draw the head of security's negative attention this early in the day.Maybe if she just laid low she'd be ignored.
One could only hope.

Still, her late night had had one major advantage - she had found a person willing to let her drink their blood, and so she was at full strength, pallor diminished so she looked much healthier and more alive than usual. And, of course, she was pleased with herself, smirking smugly... Until she saw Valerie, that is.

Annabelle was a lot more relaxed with her job (and didn't find it fun at all to laugh at other people's misery) and she really didn't like the head of security. It could even be said that she hated her.

Blue eyes narrowed, the vampire strolled over to the inmate Valerie had nearly sent flying, and leant on the railing, glancing at the siren before returning her full attention to Jasper.
"She's a bitch." The vampire muttered.
True words, even though she wouldn't dare say them to Valerie's face. It wasn't worth risking her job over.
KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x

Silver Ferae
The priest's words were met with a blank stare, Silver not understanding much of his explanation. 'Grapes', 'fermented', 'bless'... 'Sin'? Those strange new words were beyond comprehension, but she nodded anyway.
"Right. Got it." She said, not understanding at all.

If she asked him about all of the words she didn't know, he'd most likely be annoyed and try to make her leave. So, she had to be sneaky about this!
She started with the word that was most familiar, and the most confusing.

"What does God mean, then?" Silver asked innocently , head tilted to the side in confusion. She had heard it before, obviously, heard people begging and pleading for Him to rescue them from her teeth and claws.

St. Boethius St. Boethius

Boethius chuckled pleasantly at the question, “ What an inquisitive mind you have. Unfortunately such a simple question doesn’t have a clear cut answer.” Boethius put the heat on his food to simmer so that it would just keep the food ready and warm for when the other inmates arrived without burning it. Boethius turned and knelt down next to Silver resting his body on the tips of his toes. “ Many people have tried to answer that question and each one believes that their answer is the correct one. So I’ll just give you my answer and if you don’t like it maybe I can help you find what God means to you.” Boethius smiled brightly at Silver. Being able to help someone learn about the Lord was one of the reasons he became a priest. That and it helped him keep his temper in check. “ God to me is a Perfect existence. He is all powerful, all knowing, and All good. God is the one who created everything we see, including us. He also loves each of us. No matter what bad things we do God loves us so much that he is willing to forgive us.” Boethius explained. The priest knew how it sounded. How could God just forgive people like us? If he was all powerful why doesn’t he just stop bad things from happening? Boethius knew these questions and more would come up eventually. Especially considering he seemed to be the only man of faith in the prison, but he was prepared and more than happy to help Silver and anyone else find the answers they need. “ Does such a being sound like God to you?”
WillfulWren WillfulWren
And anyone in earshot really

Last edited:
Alasdair snorted. "Whatever you say. I don't really know anybody here, and I don't particularly have beef with anybody so you don't have to do squat for me, man." He waved his hand in Faust's direction. "Fire at will." He stepped out of his cell and started following the flow of inmates to the cafeteria, not really bothering to see if Faust was following him.

BluEndings BluEndings

Sith groaned as the priest babbled on about his religion. "Maybe you should let her decide for herself what to believe instead of telling her something you think to be real is fact." She muttered as she continued cooking. She didn't care whether he heard her or not, this was how witch hunters were made. People telling young, weak minds something is truth and the only truth there is. Christianity was the most common source of this she had seen. They believe what some old book that had been translated many times from dead languages was right no matter what. A book that told them she and her kind were stains on this earth, simply because they were born with their powers. Their ability to harness natural energies made them blasphemous in the witch hunters' eyes. If Sith were a weaker woman she would have acted, spat at his feet or made his body turn against him. But a weak woman she was not, and she also wasn't a stupid one. She would still her hand. After all, the poor man was likely just an unfortunate product of circumstance and poor upbringing.

St. Boethius St. Boethius WillfulWren WillfulWren

Upon taking care of the inmate curiously peeking over the edge, Valerie made her way downstairs to continue her abusive show of power, giving individual insults to inmates who were making their way to the hallway to the cafeteria, all in an effort to belittle them and make them fear her. Of course, the ultimate form of fear-mongering was her hypnosis, which she'd yet to get a proper opportunity to test yet. No one had really broken the rules to that degree while she was around. Nor during the graveyard shift. Maybe Thesta had become such a place of horrors that newcomers know not to test the system. Or it was just her own infliction of fear that made them all not even dare try. Huh, and the Warden disagreed on that front. Guess it actually helped.

Valerie wasn't particularly fond of the idea of employing Annabelle based on her information given in her case - putting a criminal in a guard's position was a recipe for disaster in her opinion. How did the Warden sign off on this? Having spoken very openly against it, she could understanding if there was bad blood between her and the vampire. The head of security simply refrained from any kind of interaction that wasn't giving orders or scolding her like any other inmate. She didn't even look up at the upper floor as she left Jasper and Nix to deal with how she treated them before. Not for more than one second did she give Annabelle much of her time, quickly turning away. Huh. Maybe I could take her under my hypnosis as an example for the rest of the inmates if she becomes unruly.

Then came the rest of the guards, mostly new, who she planned on shaping up to follow in similar footsteps to her own. If she could get Sam and Jacob throwing insults and leaving inmates in tears like she did, she'd call it a success. A double success would be to get down the pants of one of them as a regular thing without exposing much of her purely lustful intentions. It could work to keep herself regulated and not risk dying from whatever was killing her without her fix.

As she gave a few inmates a tap on the back of the head to keep up the pace, she could hear a rather obvious... growl, from another inmate. Was it that feral shape-shifting laser bait from yesterday? Couldn't be; that kid was placed on kitchen duty for whatever reason. Instead, it was laser bait's rather unsettling, amputee inmate. The so-called 'good luck charm', as some of the guards were dubbing her. She seemed particularly pissed off at Valerie after she butchered her last name the other day and got up in her face. The redhead let that first offense slide, as she wasn't intimidated, but this time was perfect to make a move... Great, we got a rebel here. Finally, an opportunity to have some fun with a new fish.

She spun around on the heels of her combat boots and marched in the direction of the offending inmate. Showing no fear or mercy, the head of security whipped her weapon back out from her holster and allowed it to fly against Lany's throat, pinning her to the wall by the two shorter ends of the nightstick. Valerie's right hand was not far away from Lany's face, ready to swipe it over and show no mercy. The loud noise of someone's back slamming against the wall caught the attention of many. Only appropriate so that everyone could see what Valerie was capable of. In an almost suggestive manner, Valerie's index finger dragged across Lany's jawline and slowly crawling up to her nose, then between her eyes, then her forehead.

"You're feisty. And I can't have that around here," she growled back, "It's shits like you that need to learn to respect authority." With those words, Valerie's palm fell flat over the inmate's face, her fingers extended to cover her entire forehead, then slowly dropping down her eyes, then nose, then mouth, all the way to chin level. The spell of suggestion had begun, and a grin appeared over the dominatrix's face, slowly pulling her hand back and lowering the nightstick from her throat. She feared nothing, because her spell prevented her from telling Lany to do harm to anyone. Not even a suicide pact. Her subject would remain relaxed and susceptible to whatever orders she'd give. Onlookers seemed confused as a smug Valerie removed any show of force and instead, leaned her head in ever so slightly to Lany's ear.

"You be a good girl and say, 'I'm sorry, Madame Valerie, I promise I'll be a good girl' with a bright ol' smile on your face, then go... no, skip like a little girl out of my face and get some food in you. Got it, Stumpy? Or do you need a trip to the SHU to get it?"

Her voice was fueled by sass and attitude as she brought Lany into submission. The spell would literally wear off the second she leaves gen-pop and into the hallway leading to the cafeteria, but would she even dare turn back and try to attack? No inmate would after seeing that they were just taking under mind control. Valerie's smile still didn't seem to fade. First Boethius, then Jasper, now Lany. Day 1 of the new lot ought to be a load of fun.

Direct Mentions: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra WillfulWren WillfulWren
Indirect Mentions: Anyone watching Valerie

Flashbacks from his younger years returned to Jasper upon his undesirable encounter with the head of security. 'Nerd', she called him, another nickname he was all-too-familiar with. Maybe he was a bit of a bookworm and one to always educate himself to an extreme, and that wasn't the kind of person who can survive in prison. He'd easily be bully bait for the entire 50 years here, and even with the thickest of skin, it would grow tiresome to hear. At least he could hope his prison stay outlives Valerie, preferably by some aggressive inmate growing tired of her attitude and stabbing her in the back, quite literally. But what bugged Jasper even more: how was any of this legal? How are the Warden and the head of corrections in Thesta just sitting in their ivory towers and allowing this to happen, even if they were all criminals? If he were still in his old position as an apprentice, Jasper would've filed a complaint or tried to advocate for a change. But who would listen to a killer like himself?

He rubbed his neck in pain from the cruel mistress' nails clawing into his skin, now keeping his distance from the rail to avoid another guard swooping in and joining in on the fun. It didn't help that she took jabs at Nix too. Mute Shitty? What kind of name was that to call someone literally forced not to speak? His liking for his cellmate almost made him want to make a move on the head of security, that is, if he didn't fear for his desire for a good behavior streak and hopefully a chance for an early release. Hopefully...

Nix's eyes showed concern for her cellmate, then disgust at the head of security. She might as well have been giving her the finger and growled at her if she were able to. He nodded as his hand slid from his neck and to his side. "I'm alright," he answered softly to ensure the guards couldn't hear. "The bitch thought it would be funny to pick on newcomers. But I don't think making me face death for no reason is quite a way to make an impression. I did nothing to her and she almost threw me off the ledge." His head gestured towards the very edge he just clinged for dear life off of. He shook his head as he scanned over the crowds in gen-pop as well, thinking that any other inmate would probably get the same treatment. Particularly the rather short one, standing no more than a foot tall. What was his name, Faust or something? He wouldn't put it passed Valerie to literally step on him to show a sign of force.

Before he could continue on with his cellmate, yet another guard arrived on the scene, one he didn't see the previous day, not in gen-pop nor on the tour. A new face that he initially flinched from in fear of a similar punishment, but she seemed... not so pleased with Valerie? That surprised the telepath, assuming that all the guards were probably her little goons working to fulfill her abusive agenda. But no... she's a bitch. For once, a guard to relate to. Jasper looked to the siren in confusion, then back at the vampire. A reasonable face that he could probably address his issue to.

"How the hell is her behavior even legal?" Jasper inquired. "I'm sure there's got to be laws in Thesta that prevent such treatment, even if our facility is one with no precedent..."

His words were cut short by the banging thud from downstairs coming from, once again, the head of security herself, pinning another prisoner to a wall by the throat, snarling at her, then swiping a hand over her face. Strange.... but then she started giving orders. Jasper huffed in annoyance, realizing by Lany's looser stance after the pinning what'd happened.

"Great. Not only is she a bitch, but a hypnotist."

Direct Mentions: WillfulWren WillfulWren xDawn2463x xDawn2463x

Edward nodded, now satisfied with the brief meeting with the therapist. "That's all for now, Doctor Gordon," he concluded, standing from his place, keeping his welcoming smile on his face. "Let me walk you to the door. Do contact me if you need any further assistance or details about any particular inmates you may want to interview."

The Warden maneuvered around his classy wooden desk, handing David his files back for his future reference, and marched side by side to his door. Due to it being a low-key hour of the day, the door wasn't locked, so all it took for opening was a simple twist of the nod and a pull inward.

"Please excuse the dent in the door, though. One of our... unruly staff members thought it'd be fun to kick the door down. I'm just glad it didn't trigger the alarms or anything," he chuckled, though still unhappy about the mishap the previous night. Repairs were sure as hell coming from Annabelle. "And, Doctor Gordon..." Of course, a man like the Warden didn't miss the uneasiness of his employee in the room. Sure, he appeared to be an unfriendly face on television and for inmates or guards in trouble, or it might just be his old age that made him look like a movie villain. But if people were good to him, he'd be good back. "Do make visits like this more often in the morning, even if it's just for a social or a cup of coffee. I'll admit, it gets rather lonely on mornings like this. You've got nothing to fear. Keep that in mind."

A cup of coffee would usually be a bad idea for Brookes, unless it were already cold, but in the solitude of his office and by hiding his abilities, having a friend show up was a rarity with his job, especially after his divorce. All business, no pleasure. At least he might be able to help the prison therapist loosen up, too.

Lany's limp posture began to convulse underneath the redhead's palm, tremors growing from her chest larger and larger; that is, till she burst out in cruel laughter, mimicking and exaggerating Valerie's own cackling like a vocal caricature.

"I'm sorry Madam Valerie, but what the fuck do you think you're trying to do?" Lany snickered, voice dripping in the same callous amusement Valerie had after shoving that inmate Jasper over the rails - it wasn't in her nature to take joy out of sadism, just results, but for 'Valerie', she'd make any exception just mock the bitch. Sadism might've been sweet, but revenge had always been sweeter to Lany; though Valerie was a bitch, karma was a bigger one - and like fortune, karma favors those who wait.

Lany's impression of Valerie quelled as her expression steeled back to its old self, the grey storm in her eyes enraged under her furious brow through the spaces between Valerie's fingers.

"Get your fucking hand off my face before I make it look worse than one of mine. Or do you want your new nickname to be Stumpy?" Lany snarled, her one scarred and grisly hand grasping the nightstick. Though she wanted to roundhouse kick Valerie in the jaw, physicality would abet more physicality, and Lany would probably loose that fight as soon as the armored CO with the submachine gun aimed and fired. Keeping it verbal would keep her out of SHU, and under Valerie's eye, right where she wanted to be. She didn't want to be a push-over inmate, but if she became too much for Valerie as deemed by the Warden or some higher-up, just to end up in the SHU, then how was she going to get her revenge? And hopefully, this show of Valerie's failure to brainwash and Lany's bold display of spite would gain Lany some favor with the fellow incarcerated. Apparently Lany had some sort of upper hand, as Valerie was probably expecting a different result - Maybe mind control? - to occur after she had whispered some meaningless words into Lany's ear. It was either that, or just a display of intimidation, despite it being odd..and slightly sexually charged.

Despite that fact, there were only two conclusions to this mess:
(1) Either Lany had ended Valerie's tyrannical warpath for today, or
(2) Lany just started a new one, worse than before.

KasperXIII KasperXIII and anyone witness to this interaction

What Valerie hadn't figured out about her abilities was a particular weakness, a variety of people which she couldn't control: the blind, the deaf, the mute, the amputated, anyone who has a sense that is damaged or ineffective. And given Lany's missing appendages, it left her immune to the spell entirely. Though she appeared to be relaxed and susceptible at first, even to the point of saying the first few words she was ordered to say... it wore off quickly and things took an unexpected twist. It went from Lany being embarrassed with a cute skipping act... to someone stepping up to Valerie.

WHAT?! Why the fuck didn't she... UGH!

This was the first time Valerie's ability failed her like this. She understood that she needed physical contact with her subject and that they couldn't leave her sight, but never had she encountered an amputee like Lany who was completely immune to her trance. To the inmates, it seemed as if she made some sort of unnecessary hand gesture across her face to block her vision or mouth rather than a method of forcing a rogue inmate into submission. That backfired, hard. But it wasn't just the frustration about her own failure. Her returned sass felt like a knife slicing her pride right down the middle, and it made Valerie want to punch this bitch's face in. The more she talked, the more Valerie felt offended, clenching her nightstick even tighter, just waiting for the right moment to strike.

Valerie had to admit; Lany had balls to step up to the intimidating head of security like that, and on day 1, too. This sure wasn't lockdown material, but it was a chance to show force with a very minor conflict before any other CO decides to become a bit too trigger-happy with lockdown calls. Lany gave a lot of talk about striking her, but Valerie would make it her duty to strike first. The small tug-of-war issue over the nightstick went on for a few seconds as the head of security gritted her teeth and gave the inmate a kick to her human thigh, sending her back enough for Valerie to get a proper grip on the weapon again. Now in control, she lunged her arm back and took a powerful swing at Lany's lower jaw with the end of the nightstick. The blow was so hard that it even caused a tooth to fly out of her mouth as her head hit the nearby wall. Seeing the small amount of blood and the tooth falling to the ground, Valerie took advantage of the opportunity and grabbed the inmate by the back of her head and shoved her to the ground, face first.

"You don't..." She snarled, now beyond livid, extending her boot up in the air and dropping it on the back of Lany's head, repeating that kick with each pause, but on her shoulder and back as she released her negative energy and unleashed the full potential of her cranky mood. "Fucking.... talk to me... like that!" Her voice grew louder as she beat the inmate to the ground. Once that sentence was done, she placed her foot firmly on the center of Lany's back and with one hand, gripped the back of Lany's head, and with the other, reached over for the now-dismembered tooth to store for later. She pulled Lany's face up by the top of her hair to show that her lower lateral incisor gone and a gap in its place for all the bystanders to see. "I warned you to go off and get out of my face and even showed you what happens when you fuck with me, and instead, you dare try to take my weapon? Be glad you're not going to the SHU, Stumpy! And that nickname will forever be for you and your dysfunctional body parts! Now, are you going to get up and tell me you're sorry, or do I have to make you spend a night by yourself in the time-out corner to think about what you've done?"

This scene had to have caught the attention of everyone in the hall, inmates and guards, and even the Warden if he were still watching over them. She'd be in for quite the ass-tearing later for overreacting and beating up an inmate like this. She hissed to herself after her tirade, more threatening than sassy this time, as she stepped off of Lany and released her hair, leaving her to get up on her own. This time, if she dared make another move on Valerie or another guard, it was straight to the tazor treatment like on the tour. She slipped the tooth into her pocket and gave the inmate room to stand up. At least she finally got her show of power for all to see, even if it was driven by her more on-edge feelings as of late. She desperately needed a fix, because Brookes wasn't going to let her beat up an inmate each day to let her undesirable energy out. But why in hell didn't my powers work on li'l ol' Stumpy? ....

Mentions: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra + all bystanders in gen-pop

Will didn't focus much on the driver's words, For he was trying to simultaneously comb his hair. A futile attempt, as he hadn't ever given much thought to looking good: Most people never saw his face anyways, Only his cruel, Smiling Visor.

It actually made him wonder why he was even going through this process. He knew for a fact that his teeth would be intact even if he didn't pay any attention to them. He also knew for a fact that having well-combed hair wasn't going to give him a better chance at getting a parole hearing.

"Oh Well, he thought. Not the weirdest phase you've ever been through."

Turning to his cellmate once more, he said: Why yes. It's high time we got breakfast, don't ya think? Or maybe Spiders don't actually eat? he chuckled a bit at his last Jab
' Don't ya worry Kala,just follow me and don't eat anyone.. yet

Grabbing the sketch he had worked on last night, he stepped outside, his gaze scanning gen-pop in an attempt to find Lany.

Why did he care about making an ally of Lany? Truth be told, he didn't have an explanation for that either. Perhaps she was the easiest to befriend, as she would be happy to have an engineer for her prosthetics around. Will resolved that must be it, the reason.

Finnaly he spotted her. She appeared to be in a bit of a bind, Valerie having pinned her against the wall, and apparently attempting... Hypnosis? Will visibly tended, Instinctively taking a step back. Another mind fucker. Just. My. Luck

However, his suspicions proved to be false. Lany not only appeared to be in a sound state of mind, she actually have Valerie a taste of her own medicine! Her face was so priceless that Will litteraly burst into loud, crackling laughter. Following suit, some of the braver inmates actually chuckled as well, Something that would most definitely help to curb her astounding sense of who.

His laughter was cut short, however, as he noticed Valerie bruttaly beating Lany for her offense. Before he had the chance to Intervene, Valerie had dislodged herself from Lany and was hurriedly leaving: A marginal victory.

Approaching Lany, he offered her his hand, trying to ease her back on her feet.
Fucking Bitch... You did good. Real good. Hopefully your jaw isn't as fucked as it looks, though.

Once Lany was upright, he leaned slightly closer, trying to figure out what damage had been done. Much to his anger, it would seem the blow was so brutal as to litteraly send one of her teeth flying. Quickly, he summoned a bandage and offered it to her.

Let's go get breakfast,shall we? I've got something that might interest you [/I] He held up the sketch, And it would seem that Kala over here is getting restless

"Of course, sir. I wouldn't mind it that much either," He replied. "But, remind me to bring a jacket next time." He chuckled before heading back to his office and sitting down. He put away the files on the various inmates whom he had presented to the warden. He let out a small breath and spun once in his chair. His office was a small room with a desk and chair shoved off in a corner. On the opposite wall was a small burgundy couch with two or three pillows and a small table in front of it as well as a comfortable chair for him to sit on while he talked to the inmates. The table had designs of butterflies on it, and David liked it for its symbolism. On the wall were scattered hanging quotes he liked, "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to sing in the rain.", "Life is about making mistakes and learning from them", "The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but embracing the new", etc. He popped his head out of his office and caught the attention of a guard who was standing nearby.
"Can you find one of the new inmates, Jasper Bent, and tell him I want to see him at 6:15 today?" He asked. The guard nodded and walked off. David planned to meet them in alphabetical order, and Bent was first on the list. He retreated back to his desk and began to prepare for his patients for the day. After Bent, he would see Boethius, Domsen, Felis, and finally Linwood. He just hoped they would let him help them.
s-l300.jpg

Le Couch
butterfly-coffee-table_fujAf_24431.jpg

Le Table

Le Chair

KasperXIII KasperXIII

Last edited:
With the help of Will to pull her up, Lany was able to stabilize herself on her sore leg, wincing as it was the one Valerie originally kicked. Her whole body made her wince, though the pain wouldn't last if she just kept moving. Will was gracious enough to offer her his hand, but it was her fury that kept her out of a beaten daze. Gathering her bearings under the fluorescent glare of the hall leading to the cafeteria, she felt the back of her head; Valerie had kicked her right where Silver had extracted the nail last night, the throbbing in her head relentless. Stumbling along with the rest of inmates that were witness to her trampling, Will was trying to assure her of a quasi-triumph and offered her a bandage -seemingly from nowhere, Lany was able to notice- as he gestured to someone behind the both of them, the drider, Kala. He showed her something else too, a schematic of sorts, depicting something she recognized instantly. A detailed one at that. At least she had something to look forwards for the rest of the day.

"Thanks," She breathed out briskly, feeling the bruises on her back begin to surface. "Let's just get to the caf first, because I need some goddamn ice."

The three of them picked up the pace to enter the cinder block warehouse that was their rudimentary cafeteria; they were the last of the stragglers to come for their meal, so the line ahead of them was considerably long. Lany decided to wait for it to disperse, plummeting into a stainless steel seat at the end of an empty table. Will and Kala followed suit, though all Kala had to was fold her arachnid legs beneath her abdomen. No one had noticed they had entered.

"I just need a second." She exhaled.

Just arching her back to rest her elbows on the table ached and her forehead throbbed as she laid it in her crossed arms, but nothing hurt more than her jaw. She tried to focus on that one singular pain, cancelling out the rest. It was then she finally tasted metal; when her tongue tried to search for the origin of the blood, it found the gap of her missing tooth.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," She suddenly uttered, panicked. "Did any of you see where my tooth went?"

Before either of them could answer, Lany's head got back in gear, remembering from her view on the ground that Valerie had taken it before she hurried off.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck," She exhaled sharply into her crossed arms in defeat. She raised her head again. "That bitch has it. That fucking bitch has my tooth." She launched into a volley of Serbian swears at the speed of light, barely audible under her breath and as solemnly as a pastor's prayers. "We're fucked," She said finally, translating her thoughts to her tablemates. "All of us. Fucked. Royally fucked."

Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil and any bystanders

Last edited:
Will was rather pleasantly surprised when he realised that Lany wasn't actually put off by his overly friendly mannerisms. Which was unexpected, but she probably was used to worse things than a Sociopath. He was about to go get in line for food when Lany began panicking over the loss of her tooth. Truth be told, he was perplexed. While losing a tooth wasn't pleasant, for sure, he was unsure as to how an amputee, who litteraly had an arm and a leg dislodged from them, could possibly be freaking out from losing something so relatively insignificant.

But he wasn't an idiot. When Lany began mumbling about how they all were fucked beyond belief, he began growing weary of this new information. His eyes instinctively fell on Lany's missing appendaged. Why were they missing in the first place? Was Lany's body a catalyst, of sorts? He decided to hold off on further theories. It might not be as troubling as she made it out to be. Making an effort to calm her down, he put a hand on her shoulder:"Lany... there's no need for panic. We aren't fucked yet! How is a tooth going to fuck us over anyways?"

Thinking for a few seconds, he added: Teeth are relatively easy to replace, anyhow. No need for worry bout that, either! See? Everything's Jolly!"

He didn't really believe that, but he believed in panic even less.

• No real grand revelation was had inside the cell, save for her cellmate’s apparent reliance on her to follow his lead. Surely she would, seeing as she had known no one else, not to mention the fact her life up until this point was being a follower. Independent thought? Not a common thing for her.

This would have been an alright start to her day if it wasn’t for the combative show going off in the same room, ending with a beaten prisoner and an angry guard. Kala attempted to make herself as scarce as possible when the red-headed guard’s gaze was cast, simply keeping eyesight on Will until the demon of a woman left, the spider coming up to silently stand behind Will and agree the expedited their trip to the cafeteria.

Once inside she began accepting food from a fellow prisoner behind the counter before going off to sit down and settle. It wasn’t easy for her large arachnid body, only really able to sit at the end of a table near the end of the room, settling on the floor.

I guess... what is your thing? Would your tooth be that useful that even that would... fuck us?” The spider was cautious, but she might as well ask and play along, her black exoskeleton hands tapping her lunch tray.

Interacts: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas
    Mentions St. Boethius St. Boethius

Annabelle Sangsue
"Legal? Oh, no, it's the complete opposite. But people are willing to turn a bit of a blind eye to it, as long as the 'scum of the Earth' trapped here stay under control. " The vampire wrinkled her nose, as if realising that she was speaking to some of that scum, and grinned, baring her fangs.

"I guess it sucks to be you." She purred , then jumped, looking startled at the yelling from downstairs. She leaned over the railing, almost far enough to fall, then... Then she started laughing.
"Looks like Val finally found someone her mojo doesn't work on! Oh, this is brilliant!" Annabelle winced in sympathy as the inmate got beaten, then shrugged.
"Well, brilliant for everyone but her."

xDawn2463x xDawn2463x KasperXIII KasperXIII

Silver Ferae
"I'm not sure...." Silver murmured, looking confused as she pieced together everything that he had said. "If he's all powerful and he loves us all then... Then why are we here? Why do things like hunger and cold exist?"
She bit her lip, looking slightly conflicted, then the other woman broke in to the conversation and Silver nodded.

"It sounds stupid. How could one person be all powerful! It's... It's.... Dumb! Like you!"
St. Boethius St. Boethius Zenpai Zenpai

Of course none of this shit's legal. What were you thinking, such a stupid question to ask....

His internal thoughts taunted him over that foolish train of questioning. Surely, abusing inmates couldn't be legal even in Thesta's facility for the worst of the world. It would be too easy for the inmates to rebel if this was legalized. But it wasn't, and still no riot? Jasper head heard stories about this facility before and thought the same thing. Now that he was in one of the jumpsuits himself, he now wondered even more why living conditions were so horrible, yet nothing was being done about it. He shook his head in disgust and focused his attention, much like the other inmates, on the head of security starting a little fight in gen-pop.

So, she was supposedly a hypnotist with the swipe of a hand over her face, right? Wrong. For some reason, the amputee inmate didn't do anything that Valerie had ordered her, and instead, actually fought back?! Jasper's eyes shot out as he leaned in ever so slightly, afraid that Annabelle would try to shove him off the rail like Valerie did earlier. Surely, this girl wasn't going to get away with a trip to solitary... or would they call another lockdown to instill more fear into their hearts?

Nope. Instead, Valerie took the law into her own hands and proceeded to beat Lany into submission and snarl obscenities at her. Annabelle mentioned how the redhead's powers didn't work this time. So, Valerie had the ability to hypnotize inmates and force them to do whatever she pleases, like slaves, but for some reason, it didn't work on this one. Jasper's mind immediately went to the obvious: is it because she's an amputee? Or is there some other reason, some other power? Whatever it was, Valerie was able to best Lany in physical combat, proving the head of security could throw a few punches and bring an inmate to submission without a single sweat on her back. The telepath also paid attention to Valerie's hand movement across the floor as she stepped on the subdued inmate and gave her orders, or were they threats? What was the guard picking up? A piece of paper? Something from her pocket? A knocked-out tooth? If he could still read minds behind a haze of muffles, he'd be able to tell, but alas, the drugs were doing exactly what they advertised: inhibiting him.

Valerie left the inmate on the ground and marched off as others ran to her assistance. Being on the upper level, Jasper looked back towards Nix and Annabelle in confusion at what he'd just seen. "So I suppose that's legal, too. Beating an inmate to a pulp like that," he sighed, not pleased with how the vampire had just laughed at a fight in the middle of the gen-pop hall. "Wonderful."

Yet in his mind... Yeah, I know I'm getting my ass kicked eventually by this bitch. I can't let her get the drop on me. Unless I'm immune to her spell as well? If there even is a spell at this point.

Now rather sick of thinking about the guards in this facility, Jasper looked away from the guard poking her nose around them and tapped his siren friend on her shoulder gently, knowing she couldn't verbalize any of her concerns. "Lets get out of here, Nix. I don't want any part of this bloodbath down there."

Eagerly so, Jasper lead the way down the hallway of cells, not looking back or either which way, and followed the direction of the rest of the inmates marching in a not-so-orderly fashion, guided by guards, off to the cafeteria. As he took this walk, he could only wonder every time he looked back at Nix to reassure himself she was there.... well, she has a mask on. And there was no opening on it. Food and water seemed like a huge no for her. And water... how long could she go without needing a bathtub? Unless that ability was inhibited, too.

The duo entered the cafeteria, taking trays from by the entry, about to pass by the main counter as Jasper's curious eyes wandered about to find the girl that was being beat down by the dominatrix panicking at her own table. He could distinctly hear her talking about all of them being fucked to her male friend and the drider he remembered seeing during the tour. What was their deal?

Instead, Jasper took to distract himself as their turn came along: "So... um, I hate to be rude, but how are you going to eat with that plate of metal over your mouth?" It was a genuine, caring question, after all. Would he finally get a chance to properly talk with her if they were going to take the mask off?

Direct Mentions: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x WillfulWren WillfulWren
Indirect Mentions: [active kitchen staff] St. Boethius St. Boethius WillfulWren WillfulWren Zenpai Zenpai + [the trio at their table] Athanas Athanas sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Sybil Sybil + any inmates in the breakfast line

~Nix-Inmate~

Nix was capable of grasping why Jasper had felt so bitterly towards the head of security. He rambled on at how he’d done nothing to advertise for the redhead attack, and yet she did. But what Nix felt she understood a little better than Jasper, was that this was nothing but a prison, and cruelty here would be second nature no matter how inconceivable that may be.

Her thoughts on Jasper were confirmed when another guard strode up to them, offering words that highlighted her distaste for Valerie, quickly questioned by the telepath if there were any laws against it. Nix eyes only drifted between the two as she stood momentarily idle, curious to the guard’s response to such a question.

"Legal? Oh, no, it's the complete opposite. But people are willing to turn a bit of a blind eye to it, as long as the 'scum of the Earth' trapped here stay under control." - "I guess it sucks to be you."

Right…never mind. The siren couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the last comment, capable of setting an example of what sucked. Muted and constantly victim to stupid nicknames revolving around her lack in voice, Nix was consequently bored with the conversation and more intrigued by what the fangs insinuated.

The guard definitely wasn’t a siren…. Nor any aquatic species which the siren would have picked up on earlier. Nix knew too little of the world on land, only meeting very few that had abilities, and none of them owned a pair of teeth.

But little did it matter when a loud bang, sounded from down below. Nix was quick to follow suit of the guard, leaning over the railing to view the less than decent scene below. The violent beating forced Nix to wince, gripping the railing with whitening fists with each boot kick that landed on the inmate’s head.
There’s your answer Jasper. Nix shoved back away from the railings rather forcefully. Having the same extreme discontent as Jasper with the ongoings below, she chose to follow him. Though not without a bit of guilt as to whether she could have offered the inmate help.

Not without you getting into shit yourself. She huffed in response to her thoughts, following the telepath into the cafeteria, and unconsciously taking a tray. It only being when Jasper asked that the siren had realized the complications.

A grouchy, muffled growl surfaced through, eyes shooting down to the tray with a narrowed glare. Right. She remembered the doctor telling her they knew of her eating habits. He must’ve meant that she would be fed at a different time, surely not out in the open where she could cause trouble.

Nix blinked, pulling her empty tray away from the food and pulled it close to her chest. She made a gesture to explain, by first pointing to herself, then her mouth, before doing a circular motion with her hand horizontal to illustrate later. Course she couldn’t be sure, the people of Thesta could just be planning to have her die of starvation and dehydration. She hoped not.

Once Jasper had gotten his food, Nix would look over for a place to sit, doing so, she seemed to catch sight of the inmate that had been beaten up by dear Valerie. How could she not be curious as to what the amputee was panicking about? Her gaze darting to Jasper momentarily before taking the lead. She strode to a table adjacent to the table the trio were sat at. The siren giving dark glares at other inmates to scoot along and make space for she and Jasper to sit so they were in earshot. If it was something to worry about, they should know shouldn’t they? And if it was of nothing important, they could continue trying to communicate.

Kasper Kasper
WillfulWren WillfulWren
Athanas Athanas
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra
Sybil Sybil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back