• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [Rebooted]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Maslany Miloszchenko
Despite Will's effort to console, it didn't help that he comforted her by laying his hand on the shoulder Valerie pummeled into the tile flooring of their cellblock.

"Teeth are relatively easy to replace, anyhow. No need for worry bout that, either! See? Everything's Jolly!" Will chimed. Lany shook her head as she held her forehead in both hands.

I guess... what is your thing? Would your tooth be that useful that even that would... fuck us? Kala inquired slowly tapping on her tray.

Lany, palms shielding her weary eyes in deep despair, sighed a sort of mirthless chuckle in response. Setting her hands down on the table, she finally looked up to answer the both of them.

"You're smarter than you look," she began, looking to Kala. "but yes. There's enough of my flesh in that tooth to make anyone who has it invulnerable..." She paused, and illicited the truth in a sigh. "That's my ability." Lany held out her hands in front of her, displaying the difference between both. "It's also the reason why I look like this," she explained, holding up the prosthetic hand above the human one. "People have picked at me like vultures, taking what they can get. Fingers, toes, eyes, ears, arms and legs, anything." She crossed her arms against her chest. "It's why I'm here - just because I tried to get everything back."

Lany knew she was being vague, but it was for her own safety; she understood there would be some questions regarding her ability, and she would display the extent of her abilities if it meant not having to explain it - she didn't need anyone getting close to her by asking her more than what she could do. She would just have to show them.

"The rules are complicated, but in terms of someone else having a piece of me," Lany began, slipping the fork off of Kala's tray with her prosthetic hand. "Let me show you." She reached her human hand across her chest to lay it on top of Will's, which was still resting on her shoulder as solace, to make sure he didn't let go of her. She suddenly rammed the fork down towards his stomach with her prosthetic hand.

Raising the fork again, she showed them that the metal tongs had curled before they even made contact with Will and laid it on the table in front of them.

"If Valerie decides to hold onto that tooth, well, that's how we're fucked." She finished.

Sybil Sybil Athanas Athanas xDawn2463x xDawn2463x KasperXIII KasperXIII and anyone in earshot

Will was rather baffled by Lany's insistence on being certain that they were fucked. Before he had a chance to attempt round two of trying to get Lany to cheer up, Lany began explaining her reason for concern. He had to admit, she was pretty bad at explaining this sort of stuff. Why would the ratio of flesh to tissue even matter?

Thankfully, before he had time to bombard Lany with questions, he saw her picking up a fork from Kala's tray. He was kind of taken aback by this mannerism-after all, in prison, there didn't have to be a good reason for someone to shank you. Before he could figure out whether or not her placing her hand on his was sign of accepting his consolation or her trying to lull him into stabbing range, She thrust the fork into his stomach. His analytical side was actually mildly impressed by her speed-His other side merely yelped and jumped backwards, but failing to make any real distance owing to the fact that Lany had pinned his hand.

Then his eyes fell on the fork, it's tongs having curled instead of penetrating him. His expression changed to one of pure amezement, staring at Lany in bewilderement. "You... You're a human shield. A fucking reality bender! That's...wow

While he certainly wanted togtill her for details, something stopped him. That look in Lany's eyes as she spoke about her life before... While she might seem like an interesting specimen to him, she probably had endured more torture than he could even imagine. His expression softened, and his enthusiasm waned somewheat.

"I don't think you need to worry about Valerie using your tooth for invulnerability. She's not smart enough to have delved into the extent of each of our abilities. She probably picked it off the ground for some other reason- maybe actually breaking inmates is illegal"

He paused for a few seconds, looking Lany in the eyes, trying to deduce how he should proceed. He wished he had more experience in consoling people. His look of clulessness must've been priceless to Lany. Summoning a Rivet, he began twirling it in his hands, trying to calm himself.

"You're a psycho. You're horrible at making people feel comfortable. Try to instead give her something to smile about"[/B]

With this new plan in mind, his features relaxed, his usual smile returning. Now, onto brighter news: Take a look at this he put the sketch down onto the table I won't bore you with the specifics, but it is a marked improvement over that heap of scrap that's currently attached to you

Of course, there was still the problem of fighting over the materials, but he was not sure how he would explain this. Moreover, he still had no idea who would want to help.

Last edited:
|:| Jasper Bent |:|

Nix's motion with the tray, as well as hand gesture and the audible groan that came from beneath the mask that he almost thought was a furnace noise, left Jasper just looking at her, analyzing her movements, and attempting to guess what she was trying to communicate. Of course, he tried to read her mind, but to no avail. Still muffles. He arched an eyebrow and thought to himself, preferring not to play charades out loud for all to hear. She doesn't like this food? Sirens have a rather... unorthodox diet, after all. Does Thesta give people humans to eat if need be? Or is does she have some other eating protocol. In that case, why is she here? What's going on? Maybe she just likes my company? Or she wants to share with me? That's a tad creepy...

Now just rambling to himself in his thoughts, Jasper sighed and extended his tray over to the inmates beyond the counter, followed by a more polite way of guessing without making things awkward, at least not at first. "Seems as though you're not hungry. I understand. You can still hang out with me if you'd like, of course. We... or..." He winced, once again, about to make a reference to talking, a luxury his cellmate wouldn't get. "...I can tell you a few things about where I used to come from. And maybe I can guess what ocean you're from, too."

Jasper accepted breakfast from one of the inmates he recognized from the tour the previous day. He could hardly pronounce her name, only remember it starting with 'Sith', but she seemed tobe serving scrambled eggs. Close enough to something he was craving. Not like it'd be like this every day. Once he collected his main course, as well as a carton of milk and a few napkins, he turned away from the lunch line and side by side with Nix towards one of the tables nearby the girl who'd been beaten by a guard not long ago. Something about that showdown made Jasper curious, about them both. So much to learn about a case like this. Was it possible to get out a credible thesis in prison and have it published? Or was that just going to be another lost document, much like most of his work in Filincia?

"So... if you're hungry, I'll be happy to share..."

Jasper would've finished his polite gesture to give Nix some of his food... if he hadn't just seen another inmate about to get impaled by a fork. He winced at the sight, prepared for blood to spray everywhere as a result...

But instead, the result that came forth was a fork with the tongs curled inward, and the inmate who would've been dead in any other situation... still alive and well, not bleeding. His vision remained fixated on that very miracle he'd just witnessed. Holy hell...

What caused this, though? Was the male inmate made of some indestructible skin? Or was it the female who tried that drastic move to begin with? Worse, did any guards just see that stab attempt just happen?! "What else can we get away with in this prison?" Jasper questioned aloud, loud enough for the adjacent table with the amputee, the inventor, and the drider to hear. "Because I wouldn't be surprised if streaking was allowed." Now would've been a good idea for the lawyer's apprentice to shut his trap and quit acting like a goodie-two-shoes, or else he'd end up making a rather unruly inmate... very happy.

Of course, the telepath tried to read their minds - Lany, then Will, and lastly Kala, but to no avail. He tried not to wince at his failure and hid it by drowning himself in more thoughts to try to explain what he'd just seen. He lowered his voice and spoke more directly to Nix, sitting right in front of him at the table. "Did you just see that man... break the fork? Is he unbreakable or something? Or is the girl just a magician of sorts? A sick one, at that..."

Still... this wasn't the place for someone as innocent as Jasper. He'd be dead in a week if he didn't change things...

Direct Mentions: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Sybil Sybil sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas
Indirect Mentions: Zenpai Zenpai

Kyra followed the crowd out of her cell. She was not looking toward the physical labor she had to do after breakfast. “The food here better be at least half decent,” she mumbled with her arms crossed. When she arrived to the cafeteria she. She joined the line for breakfast, and then sat down at a table.
(Open for interaction)

[ Faust - Inmate | Height: 1'1" ]

Faust remained in the doorway with a wide spread grin as Alasdair made their way to the cafeteria. Once they were out of sight, Faust scowled to himself and dipped back into their cell. He didn't waste time and went immediately for a toothbrush. It was a bit inconvenient to handle, but he managed to carry it on his person regardless. Once it had been properly concealed he took a deep breath, brushed up his hair with his fingers, and trotted outside. Much like someone about to cross a road, Faust checked each side of the hall before entering it himself. On one side, an inmate appeared to be getting beaten to hell and back, but he wasn't concerned with the details. His self-preservation instincts were far more compelling than any form of curiosity, so he continued to the cafeteria without a hitch.

Despite arriving at a reasonable time, Faust decided to float around before settling in line for food. He'd prefer not to be amidst a crowded formation of hungry criminals. It would be inconvenient given his size. Instead, he started to take note of his fellow inmates' faces, as well as see what tables they would end up sitting at. It was important that he come to understand how they divided themselves. Any groups which existed, and were forming would act as a guideline for Faust to make his debut. If he chose to sit by the stronger ones he would be issuing a challenge, but if he chose to play it safe he could easily be labeled as weak. There was also the fact that he had practically told Alasdair he was going to assert dominance among the biggest one's in here.

There was a wide-variety of large imposing individuals of impressive size, and among them was even one of the individuals tasked with handing out food. She was certainly tall though there were a handful of other taller still. If Faust wasn't mistaken they were one of the new inmates along with himself. He had only gotten to see two or three people, and his vision at the time was limited to their legs. Causing any sort of trouble with her would be inconvenient, since she was one of the ones handing out food, but if she were in fact new she might not be as well-versed compared to more experienced alternatives. Problem was everyone was here for a reason, and likely incredibly dangerous. Not to mention they were still fairly tall, especially in comparison.

Then came an interesting one. The same inmate which had been beaten to a pulp just earlier. She wasn't tall at all, and not very intimidating either. In fact, she was missing a number of body parts. The thought of why she was missing parts was a bit concerning, but not so much her appearance. Getting involved with her probably wouldn't prove to boost his reputation any, but—Sweet bundle of all that is unholy, what is that thing following behind? There were two people following behind her actually. One was a man, taller than the woman, but nothing too out of the ordinary, and though he wore a relatively friendly smile it was also sort of... unsettling. The second was the topic of discussion—an enormous spider... woman? There had been a handful of tall individuals, and some less-human one's as well, but this was the epitome of both; a compelling candidate to prove Faust was among the predators, not the prey, but also maybe a bit too compelling. She was terrifying, and while most people in this place were, she was especially terrifying. He would have to think this over. There had to be some other options that wouldn't result in his most probable demise.

The odd group of three had passed by, and quickly sat down at a table. The short one was panicking for one reason or another and Faust debated for minute whether or not to eavesdrop. He walked by to try and pickup the conversation's topic, but gave up halfway upon learning it was just whining about losing a tooth or some nonsense. Well whatever, he decided he would finally grab some food. If he did choose to go through with any undesirable choices he at least wanted to have one last meal. The line had thinned out a bit so it was the opportune time to go about it. Maybe he would regroup with Alasdair first or would it be pathetic to do so without results?

Before long, Faust had reached the "serving hatch". He wasn't actually sure what the proper word for it was. Not that it mattered. What did matter was that he was a bit too short, and couldn't even see over it from this close. This really was starting to become a nuisance.

"Hey! Would one of you kitchen servants mind passing down a tray?" Faust grumbled. "Just like, lean over or something. I don't really care." He lightly tapped the outcropping with his foot. "Also just so you know I'm very familiar with the taste of saliva, so I'll definitely know if one of you spits in it!" He paused, "Unless that's the point. You know sometimes people wanna laugh at that between their circle of pals, but I guess other times they do want the other person to know... but in either case I will know!"

"Also I'm allergic to peanuts."

Direct: Any of the kitchen crew.

Last edited:
Maslany Miloszchenko

"What else can we get away with in this prison?" An inmate said aloud from a table near them. Lany recognized it as Jasper, but when she turned to look, he had his attention on his cellmate, Nix.

How is she supposed to eat with that thing on her?

Maybe Jasper was remarking about whether the prison expected Nix to starve, or any other injustice that happened today, possibly involving Lany. Maybe he saw her shank Will; it didn't matter. This was prison, and it was obvious to Lany Jasper was not fit for it but he'd just have to get used to it quickly if he wanted to survive. It also seemed that the CO's stationed around the prison weren't that preventative, just reactive in terms of inmates interacting with other inmates. The guards really only prevented interaction between themselves and inmates.

Trying to forget the tooth debacle and how wrong Will was about Valerie refraining from abusing its power, Lany examined the schematic, impressed - even the measurements were accurate to the size of her real leg, the one that was currently a novelty lamp. Thinking about the leg-lamp only made her wince at the irony of Will calling her a human shield - she was more a good luck charm, but in the form of a hunter's trophy or a bauble to hang off a key chain. In her experience, literally.

It was why Will made her feel odd. He was the first...kind?...person she had met save for some dead exceptions. He didn't want to take advantage of her - he wanted to 'help' her. In a way, her expectations were turned like Jasper's; she thought prison was about making an enemy of everyone around you and she was entirely prepared for it, but with the common despise they all held for Valerie and the common ground of living this experience with each other, no one was really against one another - just the system that put them here.

All it took for me to find a nice person was to land in prison. Wow. I really am cursed.

Despite him telling her not to concern herself with the specifics, she couldn't help but admire Will's handiwork.

"This is...really good." Lany said, admitting her appreciation for Will's tremendous skill. How the hell did he know the diameter of my calves? "If I had a leg like that, I'd shove this fucking piece of garbage leg up Valerie's ass, and kick her face in with the new one." she said, flexing her prosthetic leg. "But..why do you want to help me? And how the hell do you think we can make something like that in a place like this?"

Lany saw a guard standing behind Will, about to turn towards their table. She deftly slid the schematic underneath Kala's tray, tipping her head in the guard's direction to let Will and Kala know they were under supervision. She stood, addressing Will again.

"While you think of some answers, I'm gonna go grab some food."

She strode over to the lunch counter, recognizing the two of the three inmates she had been admitted with : Silver of course, and the one called Sith. The one she didn't recognize was a man that must've been admitted later, but he and Silver were preoccupied in conversation. If he was patient enough to talk to her, he probably wasn't one of the more dangerous inmates here. Lany just slid one of the prepared trays off the counter, a simple meal of scrambled eggs, a biscuit and some gravy - not bad for prison food. Before exiting the line, she nearly walked into the impish one, Faust, who was voicing his concerns to the kitchen crew, but brushed past him just to sit down.

She walked backed to her table, sitting in front of Will again. She gave Kala her fork as replacement for the one she bent.

"So, final answers. Why do you want to help me, and how are we going to do this?" She inquired, then took her first bite of food, allowing Will to speak as she listened.

Directs: Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil
Indirects: KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x BluEndings BluEndings , the kitchen crew, and if anyone wants to be the guard that's on to the trio

• The guard stood still as she kept her eyes on the constantly moving crowd of magical and able criminals, the mass of flesh and blue seemed like a sea to the woman. They all reacted to the one next to them, more like a pool of water than humans when they all sat down and ate. Maybe, just maybe, this was the one time murderers and schemers could sit down and finally feel and act normal. The funny thing was, this was exactly why weird movements were easily spotted, like ripples in the calm lake that was the cafeteria. This is why when a certain prosthetic covered inmate suddenly turned to her side with one arm not visible to her and hunched over, it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize she had stabbed someone next to her. She pumped her shotgun, much to the dismay of her fellow guards just trying to relax around her, but seeing the inmate next to her not seem to scream or writhe in pain made her realize something else was up. When she spotted the bent fork, however, and the lack of distress from the attack failure by the woman, she assumed it was now a demonstration. Of power she had no less. That was almost as concerning, and needed to be addressed.

After the guard behind Will failed to notice all this, and when Lany came back to her seat, she would hear the covered guard and her working air filters approach and soon be right behind her. The soft sounds of gloves against metal causing the more loose bits of metal to clink against one another in and on the shotgun her lenses on the mask glaring down as she sat a gloved hand on Lany's shoulder as her large gun laid across her chest held by the other hand and her sling.

"Having fun over here? Why did you need an extra fork Kala?" She has read the incoming reports, some names escaping her mind, but who could forget the names of the two spiders that had come into Thestia?

Directly Interacts: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas
    Mentions: anyone in the cafeteria who can see this

Before they had reached the table, Nix had chosen to politely set the tray back atop its pile, believing she’d feel less resentment towards it if the thought of food weren’t staring back at her. Course seating herself by Jasper wasn’t much different, finding it odd he had been about to offer her food she couldn’t eat.

But Nix was no longer paying attention to Jasper. She was trying to focus on listening out on what the group was saying. Invulnerable? That was a new word, her brows creasing with a quizzical look that switched to surprise when the amputee thrust a fork nearly into the inmate besides her. And of course it appeared to be the least of her worries.

"What else can we get away with in this prison?"
"Because I wouldn't be surprised if streaking was allowed."

Jasper!

Her head immediately swung in his direction, and in an involuntary reaction, she whacked his shoulder with a look. Like a teacher disciplining a child for being rude. You can’t say that type of stuff out loud! Nix may not have been fully educated about the world on land, but what she was fluent in was street smarts, and being a part of gang developed that part of her. Saying the wrong thing in a place like this could lead to trouble. Though of course Nix sort of felt bad for him, he must’ve not been brought up with that same mentality.

"Did you just see that man... break the fork? Is he unbreakable or something? Or is the girl just a magician of sorts? A sick one, at that..."

Nix was nodding her head, trying to prove that she was listening, but a more worrisome person had got her attention now. A big ass guard striding up to the trio, questioning the spider Kala, clearly in hopes of stirring something up.

Nu-uh bitch.

Whilst eyes fixated on the back of the guards head, the siren got up from her seat. She would’ve of told Jasper that she needed to do something. But well… that wasn’t really possible. And in subsequent, Nix darted off past tables, trying not to look too suspicious walking back towards the canteen, swooping past a few people still getting food. She quickly remembered where the utensils were and picked up a handful of forks.

Impossible not to getting caught right…. She hoped not.

Had it been she made it back to the maze-like safety of the tables, Nix would skedaddle to the table of the trio, moving to the side opposite to them, so she faced them and the guard with the terrifying mask.

Right… here goes nothing.

Nix screeched to a stop, with electrifying exhilaration seeping through the soles of her shoes. She was daring to bombard the guard with the overly naive inmate disguise in hopes of bringing forth confusion. And began handing the forks to each of the inmates, with over expressive eyes movements, seeming to be bubbly. Urging them to take the utensils, handing them out like candy bars. Nix still had a few bunched up in her hands, finally offering one to the guard herself. Hehe…

With her lips concealed, it would make her expression difficult to read and interpret besides the obvious. It was sorta both good and bad, her gaze every once in the while darting to the three, pleading for them to come up with some imaginative cover story as a sort of distraction, course more so for amusement. They just needed to fill in the words she usually would, but couldn’t at the moment.

She just wanted them to hurry. With her arm still stretched out to the guard with innocence.

----

KasperXIII KasperXIII
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra
Athanas Athanas
Sybil Sybil

[ Faust - Inmate | Height: 1'1" ]

Faust remained in the doorway with a wide spread grin as Alasdair made their way to the cafeteria. Once they were out of sight, Faust scowled to himself and dipped back into their cell. He didn't waste time and went immediately for a toothbrush. It was a bit inconvenient to handle, but he managed to carry it on his person regardless. Once it had been properly concealed he took a deep breath, brushed up his hair with his fingers, and trotted outside. Much like someone about to cross a road, Faust checked each side of the hall before entering it himself. On one side, an inmate appeared to be getting beaten to hell and back, but he wasn't concerned with the details. His self-preservation instincts were far more compelling than any form of curiosity, so he continued to the cafeteria without a hitch.

Despite arriving at a reasonable time, Faust decided to float around before settling in line for food. He'd prefer not to be amidst a crowded formation of hungry criminals. It would be inconvenient given his size. Instead, he started to take note of his fellow inmates' faces, as well as see what tables they would end up sitting at. It was important that he come to understand how they divided themselves. Any groups which existed, and were forming would act as a guideline for Faust to make his debut. If he chose to sit by the stronger ones he would be issuing a challenge, but if he chose to play it safe he could easily be labeled as weak. There was also the fact that he had practically told Alasdair he was going to assert dominance among the biggest one's in here.

There was a wide-variety of large imposing individuals of impressive size, and among them was even one of the individuals tasked with handing out food. She was certainly tall though there were a handful of other taller still. If Faust wasn't mistaken they were one of the new inmates along with himself. He had only gotten to see two or three people, and his vision at the time was limited to their legs. Causing any sort of trouble with her would be inconvenient, since she was one of the ones handing out food, but if she were in fact new she might not be as well-versed compared to more experienced alternatives. Problem was everyone was here for a reason, and likely incredibly dangerous. Not to mention they were still fairly tall, especially in comparison.

Then came an interesting one. The same inmate which had been beaten to a pulp just earlier. She wasn't tall at all, and not very intimidating either. In fact, she was missing a number of body parts. The thought of why she was missing parts was a bit concerning, but not so much her appearance. Getting involved with her probably wouldn't prove to boost his reputation any, but—Sweet bundle of all that is unholy, what is that thing following behind? There were two people following behind her actually. One was a man, taller than the woman, but nothing too out of the ordinary, and though he wore a relatively friendly smile it was also sort of... unsettling. The second was the topic of discussion—an enormous spider... woman? There had been a handful of tall individuals, and some less-human one's as well, but this was the epitome of both; a compelling candidate to prove Faust was among the predators, not the prey, but also maybe a bit too compelling. She was terrifying, and while most people in this place were, she was especially terrifying. He would have to think this over. There had to be some other options that wouldn't result in his most probable demise.

The odd group of three had passed by, and quickly sat down at a table. The short one was panicking for one reason or another and Faust debated for minute whether or not to eavesdrop. He walked by to try and pickup the conversation's topic, but gave up halfway upon learning it was just whining about losing a tooth or some nonsense. Well whatever, he decided he would finally grab some food. If he did choose to go through with any undesirable choices he at least wanted to have one last meal. The line had thinned out a bit so it was the opportune time to go about it. Maybe he would regroup with Alasdair first or would it be pathetic to do so without results?

Before long, Faust had reached the "serving hatch". He wasn't actually sure what the proper word for it was. Not that it mattered. What did matter was that he was a bit too short, and couldn't even see over it from this close. This really was starting to become a nuisance.

"Hey! Would one of you kitchen servants mind passing down a tray?" Faust grumbled. "Just like, lean over or something. I don't really care." He lightly tapped the outcropping with his foot. "Also just so you know I'm very familiar with the taste of saliva, so I'll definitely know if one of you spits in it!" He paused, "Unless that's the point. You know sometimes people wanna laugh at that between their circle of pals, but I guess other times they do want the other person to know... but in either case I will know!"

"Also I'm allergic to peanuts."

Direct: Any of the kitchen crew.
Boethius couldn’t hold back an annoyed sigh as one of his fellow workers just HAD to throw a comment into the conversation instead of actually joining it. Not to mention that Silver the poor lamb had stumbled onto the problem of evil for what seemed the first time and thanks to that comment had seemed to already had solidified the idea that God was and ass and Boethius was stupid for his beliefs. Boethius had to take a step back, remember the word of the lord and NOT just deck the prisoner for poisoning Silver with thier view just as supposedly he was. Religion had the wonderful ability to bring people together and help people in ways a secular society can’t. To put the icing on this shit cake the first of his fellow prisoners arrived and he now had to perform his duty of serving food rather than try to fix the situation. “Luke 6: 27-31, Luke 6: 27-31.” Boethius just muttered to himself as he served the food he had prepared with a smile to his fellow inmates. It was a passage he had been forced to memorize in Seminary after several.... altercations with his fellow classmates on the nature of thier relationships with one another. Usually he would quote the entire passage, but as Boethius rather enjoyed breathing he didn’t want to risk it. Boethius was happily serving the last few prisoners when he had to stop because he was rather confused and about to be quite livid again. One prisoners, an amputee stumbled in with serious injuries and then proceeded to STAB an inmate. Boethius was t sure what was going on here, but the sooner he could see the Chaplain the better he would feel. Thankfully Boethius hadn’t seen his roommate ye JESUS CHRIST THERE’S ANOTHER ONE. Boethius just stood there and stared at the what he was vaguely certain was a strangely feminine giant spider. Boethius, as calmly as he could placed two biscuits and a generous portion of gravy on it’s.... her.... tray. Boethius thought that would be the strangest thing he saw today and he was mostly right. Still unsettling, but nowhere near as frightening was a girl with a face mask. She was making gestures, but considering they didn’t remove the restraint before entering Boethius figuredthe guards were just being dicks... again. The last oddity Boethius seemed to had to deal with was a disembodied voice. Wait that wasn’t right. Boethius carefully poked his head over the food line and saw a foot tall person. Huh... didn’t know Dwarfism got that bad. This was easily the least unsettling thing Boethius had been forced to deal with since coming here. Boethius gave Faust the same thing he gave anyone else and leaned over the food line as best he could to give the dwarf his meal.
Before they had reached the table, Nix had chosen to politely set the tray back atop its pile, believing she’d feel less resentment towards it if the thought of food weren’t staring back at her. Course seating herself by Jasper wasn’t much different, finding it odd he had been about to offer her food she couldn’t eat.

But Nix was no longer paying attention to Jasper. She was trying to focus on listening out on what the group was saying. Invulnerable? That was a new word, her brows creasing with a quizzical look that switched to surprise when the amputee thrust a fork nearly into the inmate besides her. And of course it appeared to be the least of her worries.

"What else can we get away with in this prison?"
"Because I wouldn't be surprised if streaking was allowed."

Jasper!

Her head immediately swung in his direction, and in an involuntary reaction, she whacked his shoulder with a look. Like a teacher disciplining a child for being rude. You can’t say that type of stuff out loud! Nix may not have been fully educated about the world on land, but what she was fluent in was street smarts, and being a part of gang developed that part of her. Saying the wrong thing in a place like this could lead to trouble. Though of course Nix sort of felt bad for him, he must’ve not been brought up with that same mentality.

"Did you just see that man... break the fork? Is he unbreakable or something? Or is the girl just a magician of sorts? A sick one, at that..."

Nix was nodding her head, trying to prove that she was listening, but a more worrisome person had got her attention now. A big ass guard striding up to the trio, questioning the spider Kala, clearly in hopes of stirring something up.

Nu-uh bitch.

Whilst eyes fixated on the back of the guards head, the siren got up from her seat. She would’ve of told Jasper that she needed to do something. But well… that wasn’t really possible. And in subsequent, Nix darted off past tables, trying not to look too suspicious walking back towards the canteen, swooping past a few people still getting food. She quickly remembered where the utensils were and picked up a handful of forks.

Impossible not to getting caught right…. She hoped not.

Had it been she made it back to the maze-like safety of the tables, Nix would skedaddle to the table of the trio, moving to the side opposite to them, so she faced them and the guard with the terrifying mask.

Right… here goes nothing.

Nix screeched to a stop, with electrifying exhilaration seeping through the soles of her shoes. She was daring to bombard the guard with the overly naive inmate disguise in hopes of bringing forth confusion. And began handing the forks to each of the inmates, with over expressive eyes movements, seeming to be bubbly. Urging them to take the utensils, handing them out like candy bars. Nix still had a few bunched up in her hands, finally offering one to the guard herself. Hehe…

With her lips concealed, it would make her expression difficult to read and interpret besides the obvious. It was sorta both good and bad, her gaze every once in the while darting to the three, pleading for them to come up with some imaginative cover story as a sort of distraction, course more so for amusement. They just needed to fill in the words she usually would, but couldn’t at the moment.

She just wanted them to hurry. With her arm still stretched out to the guard with innocence.

----

KasperXIII KasperXIII
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra
Athanas Athanas
Sybil Sybil

Alasdair chuckled as Faust called the inmates running the kitchen 'servants'. He proceeded to sit down at one of the tables. There were already two other inmates there, a woman with beautiful multicolored hair and pointed ears, and a man with brownish-black hair and slightly stern features. Alasdair recognized him a little, but be quickly dismissed it as he probably just looked like somebody he'd seen before. Alasdair had gotten scrambled eggs, barely passable toast, and a carton of milk from the line. He picked at his food, not really looking at the other two at the table. He looked down at his tray and let out a little yawn. Hopefully, that day wouldn't be that bad.

KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x

Maslany Miloszchenko
Another fork in hand, Lany tried grasping at Nix's frantic pantomiming, and as the armored guard was distracted by Nix's fork distributing antics, Lany slid the bent one off the table and kicked it away from the scene, commotion covering her covert action. Lany hoped her 'good luck charm' abilities would work in her favor again to protect Kala and Nix as she came up with a 'bullshit' idea. Though the guard was still standing over her, gauntleted arm on her Lany's shoulder, the guard was distracted enough for Lany to stealthily press the tongs of new fork Nix had handed her into her human palm under the table, making it bleed.

"Little Mermaid!" Lany bursted aloud, acting as though she had a mighty revelation. "Two words, four syllables - you're doing the thing-a-ma-jig scene."

I-t's my first day of prison and I've already gotten my ass kicked and now I'm fucking making Disney references.

"We're just playing a friendly game of Charades," Lany spewed in explanation, trying to pull in an excuse for getting Kala another fork. "After I got beat up, I started to cough and got blood on Kala's fork by accident." Lany showed the guard the newly bloodied fork in her prosthetic hand while keeping her bloodied human hand under the table. "So I got her a new one, but I coughed so much I couldn't talk, and that's how the game of Charades started. After a sip of milk I was fine, but the game sure is fun, right guys?" Lany turning at everyone else with beseeching eyes, nudging her foot against one of Kala's spider legs, hoping she would corroborate Lany's bullshit story.

Our asses are on the line if you don't at least smile and nod. Please just smile and nod and someone else say something, anything.

xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil KasperXIII KasperXIII

Jasper's panic was brought to a halt with a firm slap to his shoulder from his cellmate, along with a look in her eyes that looked like any other teacher scolding a student. Whatever Nix did to land herself here, she clearly wasn't as shocked as he was about the events not far away. Jasper flinched upon contact, backing away and almost falling off of his seat. His eyes bugged out, now thinking to himself what prompted this after a night of peace and no conflict.

Isn't it obvious? She thinks you're a pussy. She's a hardened criminal and you're just a law-abiding citizen. Keep whining like that, and she might be beating the shit out of you. Or is she trying not to attract attention to herself with that fork stabbing? Who knows; they might pin this shit on you. So shut up.

He rubbed his shoulder and replied to her glare with a nod. He could tell she was trying to tell him something, and something unkind given the tone of the muffled thoughts he was picking up. He even tried sending a telepathic message to her, probably along the lines of understanding, but it only put strain on his mind, a signal that his ability wasn't working. He stopped focusing and sighed, taking a look at the drama unfolding not very far.

At least this encounter gave Jasper some food for thought about what Nix was in for: probably something bad, and she clearly had experience with the toughest of the tough. That's probably how it was in whatever ocean she came from.

Finally: justice. The guard in full body armor and a mask approached what looked like a stabbing, weapon at hand, and inquired details in a rather menacing manner. Jasper leaned away from the situation, afraid that by not being far, he'd be held guilty by association. He'd already seen the head of security exercising abuse of power; who's to say this one isn't all the same? Sam pointed the finger at the spider girl first for needing to gather another fork. Busted...

Jasper couldn't help but grin from the safety of the distance between them. But as soon as he wanted to share that with his cellmate.... she was gone. What the... Fortunately, it didn't take a lot of browsing to find the siren at the utensils bin... stocking up? Huh?!

Whatever she was up to brought his eyes to yet another problem: Alasdair. His hopes of not being noticed or noticing him were crushed when his gaze slipped past the breakfast line. Apparently, being on a different floor didn't stop them from meeting eyes, even for a brief second. Now with a better look at the man, Jasper could confirm that he did, indeed, was the same Alasdair Linwood that he watched over, reading his mind and the mind of his lawyer in the courtroom as the trial endured. They'd also run into each other in the halls of the courthouse with nothing more than a few glares as with any passerby. For that reason, Alasdair would find him familiar, but not know exactly who he was - for Jasper's safety, his identity and role in the court was 'apprentice' rather than 'mind-reading spy'. But the mere sight and exchange of eye contact... scared the mind-reader, sending his entire head facing another direction to avoid staring for too long, or for anyone to get wise as to why two inmates were giving each other looks from across the cafeteria. But Jasper's heart was racing out of fear this real criminal would approach him maliciously. He didn't need trouble, nor could he defend himself in the inhibited state he was in.

He instead focused his energy on following Nix... straight over to the table where a guard was interrogating their fellow 'neighbors'. He watched in shock as she distributed forks to the entire table as if she were some sort of frantic housemaid, her eyes darting left and right in some sort of large-scale charade to bail out these people. Is she mad? Trying to get herself into a mess she didn't belong in in the first place? God damn you, woman. And this whole freakshow prison, too.

The innocent bystander just wondered if this would lead his cellmate to end up locked in the insane asylum at this rate if she acts out like this, and seemingly out of nowhere. Perhaps he couldn't anticipate it because he couldn't read her mind, but it all seemed like sheer madness. But it was... justified madness? The woman who'd been beaten in gen-pop by the wicked witch of Thesta suddenly came up with a theory that this was... charades? One that was started because Lany had supposedly 'coughed blood', and even managed to draw some to help sell her story, even though Jasper knew all too well that it was all for show. They were going to get away with this misconduct, and the big question was: would Jasper want to get involved and serve justice as he'd done in his adult life? Or just... go with the flow?

Little Mermaid, though. Huh, not a bad guess. Pretty fitting. He relaxed and allowed his posture to stop leaning in the opposite direction, and instead watched attentively at the crowd.

"I'm just practicing to get used to her hand gestures, seeing I have to share a cell with her. I mean, I am her voice for all intents and purposes, right?"

Was it that bad for a first attempt at lying? Should he not have opened his dumb mouth to begin with? He was no criminal or swindler, after all.

Direct Mentions: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil
Indirect Mentions: Zenpai Zenpai BluEndings BluEndings

Will was extremely pleased to see that Lany was enjoying the new design. People being happy about something that you made was always a good sign, after all. He was about to begin explaining how he planned to do it, when Lany asked him a question he most definitely weren't expecting.
But...why do you want to help me?

Will was taken utterly aback. Usually, when you wanted to help people, they didn't start questioning why you offered!
Oh well, it's not too difficult. Why do you want to help her?
Will thought about this. Even more surprisingly, no clear answer came to mind. Finnaly, he looked up, his eyes making contact with hers."I...I'm earnestly not 100% sure. I just.. saw you and I wanted to help. I guess, it's because-I knew how to help you? Because, you know, Prosthetics are easier to fix than minds. And I just... look and...

He clearly was about to continue with something-maybe something irrelevant? Another, more important reason? Whatever it was, he winced slightly and caught himself
..Yeah, that's pretty much the whole thing. I know it seems suspicious but... That's all I got. Sorry if you were expecting a villain speech about how I will use your new prosthetics to control you and make you conquer the world at my behalf." With that final line, his smile reappeared, his demeanor becoming aloof once more. He was about to get up and go get some food of his own, when a guard, fully clad in metal armor-Metal? Who the fuck uses metal over Kevlar nowadays? Approached them and began questioning Kala about her fork-clearly, she had witnessed the attempted shanking.

Thankfully for him, he did not have to think about an excuse, for Lany was quicker on the draw than he was, and there was this new Inamte that appeared to have a metal jaw over her mouth that bought them valuable time. So instead he let out a loud laugh, going along with Lany's story:"Bah! I thought it clearly was Pocahontas. You know, the whole Savages, Savages Scene where people are handed weapons. Good one. I'll be back for my turn once I go to get some food"

He got up, headed to the counter to grab his tray, but not before letting out a jab at Sam: "Oh, and If I may? Put your shotgun's safety on! I understand that when you're clad in this..Horrendous excuse for armor, ventilation is faulty, and it makes you forget crucial things, but please: Accidents might happen!

Last edited:

• The guard stood there, watching this arrangement of criminals begin to file in with their excuses and cover-ups. Bent forks due to charades? Hand gestures for the cellmates? Forks being passed out in a fit of what she could only describe as a distraction achieved by strenuous mental gymnastics? Honestly, Sam was hitting a breaking point in these few seconds in which she was bombarded by all sorts of worthless words, knowing better than to believe any of these people at face value. After all, what do they gain from being honest and upfront to a guard? Nothing, she assumed, in their eyes.

Regardless she kept herself together, a loud and audible growl of a sigh left her featureless mask followed by a sharp inhale. "Charades huh? Interesting choice, never met such a bunch of socialites before, which is strange I met such social people in the first days of their imprisonment." Her words probably showed her lack of interest in Will, easily recognizing the problem child of the bunch. Nothing to punish, not yet. Soon...

She looked Nix in the eyes, her lenses tinted and unmoving, pointing at her seat to sit followed by a very direct vocal instruction of "Sit. Eat or Don't I don't care. SIT." She then turned back to Kala, who seemed to be pinned down by the woman's glares after a fit the spider suffering from restricted coughs, but Kala wasn't her focus as they would notice when Samantha placed a hand on Lany's shoulder. The gloved hand squeezed her shoulder, the woman leaning down to bring her face next to her ear, the sound of the filters and the surprising grip strength being the most noticeable as she whispered into her ear.

"I understand you want to start shit, but trust me when I say disobeying rules will earn you my attention. Do that, and I will show you how vulnerable you really are in here, all while without leaving a mark if I chose not to. Have a great lunch." She stood up, turning and beginning to walk off to her wall to resume her observations. Was she being rough? Sure, but if they did not have something that was seemingly lawful but strict then all they would have was the chaotic coworker of her's and that wouldn't help rehabilitation. No, they needed to learn they are safe as long as they behave, just like normal society.

Interacts: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Athanas Athanas KasperXIII KasperXIII Zenpai Zenpai sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

"Little Mermaid!"

Yes! Nix forced herself not to jump with delight at the response. She’d recognized the guess, her ex-gang mates having thought it would be funny to have her watch the movie back before she got stuck behind these prison walls. Never mind the miserable reminder, Nix was thrilled! Opting to give an erratic nod of her head to say she was right.

How funny is this…

While the siren tried to limit the crinkle of her eyes, her hidden lips were beaming. Even more so when Lany chose to take her unspoken offer, and come up with a quick cover story to prove their innocence. She was even more pleased when Jasper spoke up, offering his own assistance which she had not expected, though something he had said had caused her smile slip.

I am her voice for all intents and purposes, right?

The way he said it, to Nix, it sounded as if he was implying she was reliant on him, useless without his assistance, her voice unheard with nothing but him. The words were small and nonetheless only meant as helpful, and yet to the siren, they buried themselves much deeper, faltering her confidence at the slightest.

She tried not to show it, which course wasn’t such an issue. Nix didn’t want to come off as ungrateful; Jasper was only trying to help after all. Was he?

Nix!

She halted her stupid questions, refocusing as another inmate spoke up, adding to the growing confusion with another charade thought. This time she didn’t know the reference, but the attempt seemed just as good, and before they knew it, he was off rather casually, as if the guard was the least of their worries.

Speaking of the guard….

"Charades huh? Interesting choice, never met such a bunch of socialites before, which is strange I met such social people in the first days of their imprisonment."

Nix gulped. She did this a lot. Dragged herself into crazy situations for the proposed fun and completely forget about the consequences that came with it. How clever. And though the command was a minor stab at her pride, Nix complied. Slowly easing her rigid body into the seat beneath her, across from them.

She remained like this until the guard finally stalked off to pester someone else. The siren somewhat pleased with a job well done. Turns out you could have a bit of fun in prison.

But her focus was on the amputee. Though she did do a small double take at the lady spider, her attention was driven towards the former. Course her naïve inmate skit was over. The siren sagged her shoulders, relaxing her body and pulling up her legs to sit cross-legged on the seat. Her gaze momentarily following the retreating guard before returning to look at Lany.

They were all in her for one reason or another and had probably never met till now. But with what she’s heard and been warned about prison pushed Nix to at least make acquaintances. Or hopefully, make allies. Maybe helping the trio out might have earned her somewhat of a place in their good books. In thought, her gaze wandered to Jasper. She needed to help him out too, he clearly was not as prepared as she was. Maybe they wouldn’t mind him coming over to sit. She’d first wait for a response from one of the girls before assuming anything.

-----

KasperXIII KasperXIII sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil

Maslany Miloszchenko
Lany exhaled ceremoniously as the armored guard stalked away from them; though a good effort at a threatening warning, CO Fratellis wasn't anything in comparison Valerie.

At least not yet.

Lany had enough intuition to tell by the word choice in the threat, it could apply to anyone else - it was a fill in the blank situation. The guard had a hell of a grip though, Lany would give her that. But that guard was irrelevant to Lany - CO Fratellis had done nothing to deserve Lany's attention.

At least not yet.

As CO Fratellis sauntered off, Lany noticed Nix had curled up into the seat across from her.

"Hey, Nix, right?" Lany addressed the muzzled inmate sitting in front of her. "Thank you. That took a lot of guts." She turned to Will and Kala. "Not so bad yourselves. I guess we're..." Lany tried to remember the English phrase. "Thick as thieves, whatever the hell that means. Though I think we should lay low for at least the rest of the day. It's only been two hours and I've already had two close calls."

Lany saw it in them. Kala was obviously the scare factor, a towering demi-spider that commanded attention whether she liked attention or not - she would just have to learn to own it. Will was a genius, yet not plain or simple - the anonymity of it was where the danger laid. Nix was the face, quick and relentless with a ruse or an act. She'd already come in handy for them once and she could do it again. And Lany did not ignore Jasper - he had spoken up too. Lany didn't know how he would come into play, but hey, the more the merrier. Lany did not forget one of the most significant factors of their possible alliance - each and everyone of them had an ability. Lany looked at Will, tapping on Kala's tray, alluding to the schematic beneath it - she nodded, meaning she agreed to the plan.

"Nix, why don't you call over your cellmate. You both deserve an explanation to what you just got yourselves into."

KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Sybil Sybil Athanas Athanas

Last edited:
~Nix-Inmate~

"Hey, Nix, right?"

The siren gave a quick nod of her head.

"Thank you. That took a lot of guts." - "Not so bad yourselves. I guess we're..." - "Thick as thieves, whatever the hell that means. Though I think we should lay low for at least the rest of the day. It's only been two hours and I've already had two close calls."

Again Nix agreed. She’d caused some commotion with one guard, and had yet to experience the wrath of the head of security. Laying low might sound like a good idea, Nix could only hope her restlessness wouldn’t stir too much.

"Nix, why don't you call over your cellmate. You both deserve an explanation to what you just got yourselves into."

Ocean eyes lit up as she heard what she was hoping to hear. A slow blink singling she had understood and rose from her seat. Though her eyes did give a sharp glance to their previous law enforcer, Nix left the table with little regard and wafted over to Jasper.

There was so much she wanted to say, burst out in enthusiasm to him on her achievement. She wanted to share that victory with him. But the solid metal that imprisoned her voice prevented her from doing so. It left her, so to say…. Speechless…

Wide eyes crinkled up as she bounded up beside him. A wave of her hand instructing him to come, and pointing to the near table to come to sit with them.

Would Jasper agree Nix would happily lead the way and return to the same exact spot opposite Lany.

And had he not, Nix would wait. Listening if he had something more to say rather than share her excitement.

--------

KasperXIII KasperXIII sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil

Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, all sorts of guesses for this game of fake charades that was going on while Nix was playing the role of the stupid mime to buy time, or even a viable excuse. This can't possibly work... Jasper grumbled in his mind. He knew CO Fratellis was new and overly-prepared for the job in her suit of armor, but she couldn't be this stupid to buy any of this, especially after seeing a fork stabbing, that is. Or was this guard as unruly and care-free as that CO Masterson who gave them the grand tour and beat an inmate for all to see? Charades with an inmate like Nix was possible, but blood? Stabbing and a fork bending right before their eyes? Then the gentleman's attitude towards the guard, so bold and fearless? No way....

But Sam couldn't bust anyone or give shots based on thought crime. She needed something solid, and even Jasper's flimsy attempt at going with the flow didn't seem to give her any reason to want to throw anyone in solitary. Sure, Lany was on thin ice now, but without anything solid, that left any prison guard vulnerable to criticism that they don't need. All the masked guard gave was a few stern words for the siren to sit down and not move around, and for the amputee inmate to watch herself now that she had a significant amount of heat on her. Well, at least she got a stern warning. Three strikes and she's out?

At least Nix didn't get in trouble, Jasper was happy about that. What did she do wrong? Pass out a bunch of forks and communicate in the one way she could in this prison? Wouldn't that be a road of trouble for the prison if punishment for that reason got out. Maybe he did care that his cellmate didn't have a target on her back or receive beatings from guards when least expected.

...Hold on, that girl who's been starting a slew of problems... wanted more from Nix? Perhaps it was Jasper's inexperience with how criminals mingled, but then again, it was similar talks that got him his job on the outside. He could tell that Lany was giving her thanks, as well as inviting her to the table. The same table as a giant spider girl and two people who he's seen have badmouthed guards? Was this some... gang in the making?

The telepath wasn't having any of this. No, I am not joining a gang. I'm not shoving anything up my ass, nor am I going to tattoo anything on my body for them... Oh, what am I thinking; they've all just met, so they don't have gang ink or anything. But you're not a criminal. You were framed.

Even worse: Nix signaled for him to come sit at the table with them. He gulped, looking front of him, trying desperately not to meet eyes with Linwood again, but trying to look as serious as possible, gripping his carton of milk and taking a sip as if to pretend he'd seen nothing, until slowly allowing himself to lay eyes on the table once again. He arched an eyebrow in an attempt to appear surprised, although very aware of what was going on just across from him. He wasn't going to decline Nix's invitation though. If she was going to prevent him from getting ganged up on, or give him some sort of protection... he might as well take advantage. Much like he did under his past employment with the judge.

Here we go...

He stepped out of the uncomfortable cafeteria seat and approached the almost-filled table with the other inmates in the pack. They seemed like quite a creative bunch, it appears. All were from the tour last night, and all he feared had some ulterior motive to use him and Nix. The telepath kept his head held high and seated himself next to Nix at the table, staring Lany in the eye, who appeared to be the leader of these recent uprisings, and the one beaten down in gen-pop not long ago.

While Jasper wasn't a good liar, he sure was a great wordsmith when it came to how he honestly felt. "I have to say... that was pretty clever," Jasper smiled. "Didn't think you could pull that off. But I must say, what's even more impressive is that you seem to be able to turn anything into a human shield. Heh, yeah. I saw that fork act. Makes me curious what else you can break just by holding it."

That shielded the blow of his poor attempt at lying by making it seem more like he was in awe. But what he didn't expect in his head was what came next as he looked Lany in the eye.

You're also quite a troublemaker. How can anyone around you be sure that they're not gonna spend a night in the SHU because of you?

Jasper's expression went blank in that split second.... Wait... how did that happen?? To his surprise, and Lany's, and probably to everyone else, he was able to send a telepathic message to the girl in front of him. How? It didn't work on Nix at all throughout the night. He tried to look at Will and send his thoughts to the inventor's mind. Nothing. He could tell; usually, if a message is passed, he feels the strain, which he only experienced with Lany. He stretched his neck upward to get a look at the drider, perhaps getting a message out to her? But nope. Same lack of strain. He looked to his side next: Nix. He had tried with the siren all night, to no avail, and even now it wasn't working. No messages back and forth, and just muffles out of their heads....

Something was different about Lany. Why was he able to send that message? What the f... can you he... is?

Jasper could feel the mild pain this time, but his message was cut out, feeling the strain of trying too hard on multiple targets. He had to prevent himself from bleeding and making it obvious that the substance he was drugged with had a flaw. But what about this girl was bypassing it all?

Is she also a telepath? Does she have some sort of modification? Or some sort of change to her brain perhaps that makes my weakened messages able to pass over to her? There has to be an explanation...

"Um..." He verbalized, at long last after a moment of silence and stares across the table. An explanation was needed now more than ever. "I suppose you know what I can do now, and why I'm here... well, I have more self-respect than the head of security than to call you 'Stumpy'." He extended a hand forward across the table for the girl. "Jasper. And you?"

Mentions: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Sybil Sybil Athanas Athanas sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Maslany Miloszchenko
"Lany." She answered slowly, taking his outstretched hand. "I wanted to thank you for covering for us. But you don't have to stay if you think that's going to land you in the SHU." she chided with a quizzical brow. She knew he meant well but her curiosity was still piqued on how he was able to communicate with her telepathically while they were supposed to be inhibited, but then again, she could still make other people bulletproof with her inhibitor - just not herself. "I just wanted to explain that I wasn't trying to shank anyone. It was a sort of display." She addressed Jasper's observations. "I can't make anything into a human shield, but that's because I'm the human shield. Anything or anyone I touch is rendered invulnerable. So now you know how I bent the fork." She turned towards Jasper specifically. "Your turn. How the hell could I hear you in my head?"

KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Sybil Sybil Athanas Athanas

Last edited:

Jasper nodded and listened along to the method behind Lany's form of madness. By just the touch, she could make things invulnerable. So, rather than make an enemy, why not become a friend with her and get passed those... rather violent tendencies she'd expressed? At this point, running away would be leaving a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Someone who he could read the mind of, but also that very same person could make things invulnerable... He folded his hands over the table and smiled, now with more to talk about.

"Nah, I think I'd rather stick around and see through things, because it seems you and I have a mutual interest in each other. But yes... my turn, and honestly? It's... something even I'm trying to piece together as we speak..."

He glanced to his side back to Nix... as much as he concentrated in his slight exhaustion, still nothing. Just a few mumbles as usual. Couldn't even send a message himself. This gimmick must be specific towards Lany, but why?

Hmm... I've been told the ability works through an interconnection of external brain networks that I can build with my own mind as the master computer... maybe that can help me deduce what this drug does to me. Creating those networks is next to impossible, or at least it's so weak that I can't get a proper read. But.... what if her brain has a vulnerability that makes my weakened powers... actually compatible?

"You see, with Nix here as my cellmate, communication would be easy if I could just read her mind, which I'd be able to do without the injection I got last night. I can read minds, and send my own thoughts telepathically, but only so long as I see the target, and I can really only go so long before my mind just taps out. And ever since I got here, all I could hear from anyone was a bunch of muffled noises, and no one could hear my thoughts. But you..." Jasper arched an eyebrow and leaned in slightly. "You're a mystery. You're the only mind I've been able to read all last night, and all morning - not even the rest of the people here can hear what I want to tell them through my mind - and I am trying to figure out why. While this is no confirmation, I do have a theory. If you've suffered any sort of.... head trauma? Or bear a form of mental retardation... that might be a reason. But I cannot be sure."

While the telepath shrugged for all to see, he once again sent Lany another message to her mind: All I do know is that I can read your mind and send messages, therefor... ...aking an entirely new bridge of communication between us. It's weak bu... ... unctional.

Mentions: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Sybil Sybil xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Athanas Athanas

Alasdair felt a small smirk cross his lips as he overheard the conversation nearby. A human forcefield sounds like someone who would be useful to have around. Unfortunately, he didn't have much in the way of social skills, so he watched the two as they discussed their powers. The other man's powers were somewhat similar to his own, and Alasdair found that mildly interesting. He looked down at his tray and narrowed his eyes. He clenched his teeth in concentration and his tray began to rattle slightly. He gave a frustrated sigh and rubbed the side of his head. Pushing through the barrier his collar makes around his mind is difficult, but not impossible. Before he could have thrown a car but with this thing on he could barely move a pen. It frustrated him to no end, but maybe, with practice, he could regain the control he once had even with it on.

KasperXIII KasperXIII sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Boethius watched the frantic confrontation that a group of inmates were having with a guard with baited breath. Sure no one was hurt, but the guard seemed intent on breaking up whatever was going on before a problem could manifest itself. Luckily the prisoners came up with some sort of diversion. All he could hear about it was something about the movie Pocahontas. Strange, but whatever was going on seemed to work as the guard left. Boethius couldn’t mask his concern very well at all and felt obligated to check and make sure that the situation was alright. He pulled another of the cooks aside and asked them to cover him for a moment while he took time to eat. It appeared like everyone who was going to get food had done so. Once he had solidified a deal with the cook, deal wasn’t the best word it was more like the cook just said sure, Boethius made his own food and head over to the group that had just narrowly avoided an incident.

“ I hope you don’t mind me joining you.” Boethius said to the lot of them as he took a seat near Nix who seemed to be similarly limited with her voice. Though it seemed to be far worse than his own problem. “My name is Boethius. A pleasure to meet the lot of you. I’m glad that the situation managed to defuse without anyone getting hurt.” Boethius said looking especially to Jasper who had all but been the victim.

KasperXIII KasperXIII sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra xDawn2463x xDawn2463x
Athanas Athanas

Will hurried over back to their table once he had his tray. He was rather relieved to notice that the guard appeared to have taken the sensible route and went off-Had she still been pestering them, he would be inclined to grab that shotgun and blow a hole through this horrendous outfit. Nevertheless, there was no need to get thrown into solitary this early: There would be no space for making things there, and sensory deprivation was not something he was looking forward to experiencing. So instead he sat down and began to eat, noticing that their new accomplice had sat down with them.
She looked relatively harmless, minus the contraption that prevented her from moving her mouth...-no, make any sound entirely. Was she a cannibal? A hypnotist? A mage? Hell if he knew.

"Of all the excuses we could've come up with, we chose the bizzare game of charades. I don't think we convinced her, but she appeared vexed, so a success all the same. Thanks for standing in for us... Nix? I believe it was Nix. I have a hard time remembering names, so you'll have to pardon me."

Stopping for a few seconds, he summoned what looked like two small plastic tubes and several sheets of paper, and began assembling the pieces together. In less than half a minute, he had made a crude notepad and a pen. Smiling at the results, he handed them over to Nix."I'd much rather take the mask itself off, but unless you can convince the guard to leave us alone for a few hours, I can't do that."

He continued eating for a few seconds, listening to Lany's decent efforts at inter-prison diplomacy. Very soon, Nix's cellmate had joined them. He didn't look like a particularly threatening individual-If anything, Will suspected he was here for something like tax-evasion, and merely happened to have powers of his own. What struck him was how he appeared to be able to-get into Lany's head?
He very clearly did not like these news, visibly tensing, but calmed down when the man explained he was being inhibited via serum.
Before he had the chance to properly introduce himself to the new people, One of the guys from the kitchen crew sat with them. Will chuckled."This is turning out to be quite the social gathering, eh? Well, let's get on with the introductions.
The Name's Will, although I'm sure you'd also have heard me called: "science freak", "terrorist", "fucking piece of shit". My power is, uhh..."
He paused again, summoning a collection of nails, rivets and scraps:"I'm an Inventor, an Engineer. Ain't nothing I can build, if given enough time and space."

"So, since we're a merry band of criminals now, might as well give me your names AND POWERS. It's common courtesy. And, maybe, you can help me with something I've been considering-in exchange for something of mine, of course."

"Oh and, by the way, The food was really excellent today bud. You've earned my sympathy" He added, pointing to Boethius"[/B]

Maslany Miloszchenko
Lany kept eye contact with Jasper as their connection began to fade, but she was still able to make out the syllables in between the pauses of his message. She reached and rubbed the back of her head, figuring out how Jasper could communicate with her. She nodded at him.

Must've been that nail.

Regardless of it, it was an advantage the guards had no idea of. It still wasn't enough to top Valerie's advantage however. The inmates would have to come together to even stand a chance. That effort wasn't quite so hopeless though.
Their table was quickly turning into a sort of merry band of misfits. Apparently attempted shanking was a veritable method at prison diplomacy, as they were joined by two other inmates, one being the man Lany had recognized in the kitchen - the other she hadn't seen much, but knew him as Alisdair. She was amused by the kitchen worker's concern for Jasper, but then again, he wasn't witness to Lany's pummeling - he did a did a good job with breakfast anyways.

Will began the courtesies, beginning with his introduction, fumbling at first with some self deprecation, but he found his footing soon enough, extending his invitation to the rest of them with their plan.

Lany went next.

"Lany. My flesh is invulnerable, and can make others invulnerable through contact." She sighed. "That isn't quite the case anymore. It used be to though - I was only sent here because execution didn't work. Among some other things, I assassinated the Attorney General of Serbia. How about you?" She asked, nodding towards the kitchen staff member she hadn't seen last night.

St. Boethius St. Boethius Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Zenpai Zenpai

Last edited:
Boethius smiled at the group that had gathered at the table. He was sure, for one reason or another, that each person seated here was a kind person. Granted kindness can take many forms, but Boethius looked forward to learning more about them and interacting with them. With any luck he could convert a few, or at least convince them to go to mass with him. Even if they couldn’t or wouldn’t take communion it would probably end up being a positive experience for them. It seemed that the Lord had a plan in motion has Boethius was luckily enough present for everyone to introduce himself.
When his turn came around, indicated by Maslany giving a nod in his direction and a general question Boethius smiled, “ My name in the sight of God and man is Severinus Boethius. My ability seems to be that when I quote the word of God, such as from the Bible, whatever I quote is manifested in reality. I had a horrible incident with a few of my parishioners who died as a result of the passage I had used in my homily.” Boethius explained, his smile fading slightly as he remembered the horrible screams and the smell of burning flesh.
Boethius quickly snapped himself out of it and his smile returned, “ I’ve been told my name is hard so feel free to call me Bo. How about you Mr.....” Boethius asked turning his gaze and question to Jasper.
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Athanas Athanas Sybil Sybil KasperXIII KasperXIII xDawn2463x xDawn2463x Zenpai Zenpai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back