• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [Rebooted]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Silver Ferae
"Oh...But, if they were mean to you first, how come you're the one here?" Silver asked, like a naive little child, head tilted to the side in pure confusion. "That's not fair!" She protested against the injustice, pouting slightly as she gently touched Lany's scars. She probably would have complained more about her cellmate's situation, if the other hadn't asked a question that has her screwing up her face like she has tasted something really bad.

"You want to know why I'm here? Well, I can't tell you! Because I don't actually know!"

It had been a very confusing week since she had left - or, more accurately, been dragged - from the forest she called home. Just a short while ago, she had been prowling for food of some kind, belly growling with hunger, as prey was growing increasingly scarce. Especially as people were getting too scared to venture out into the forest. Snow - something she hated in human form - has crunched beneath a mountain lioness' paws, and she had felt so safe and secure in the environment she had known her whole life, she didn't think to check for traps. Why would she? The forest has sheltered her for the ten years of her life she could actually remember, and probably for the nine before that as well, considering it was where she woke up after losing all her memories.

The ground had suddenly lurched upwards, startling her enough that she switched form, back to her usual semi-human self. And it was lucky that she did, as the snow and leaves that has covered the net soon fell or melted, leaving her trapped in a net made of electrum. It was the first time she had come into contact with the metal, the first time in her life she had been caged, or confined to just one form. And it burned. She screamed until her throat bled, the sheer panic triggering a long buried instinct to call out for another person, despite how she had avoided them (aside from eating them) for the past ten years.

There was a rushed trial, full of words she didn't understand and no one would explain to her, before she had been forced here. Not the best week, to be honest.

"I...I guess those townspeople just didn't like being eaten much, maybe?"
And, if course, she has no idea that's ' bad'.
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

When his Aracnid cell mate spoke, finishing the passage he had began Boethius was... conflicted. On the one hand hearing the word of God through the maw of a giant spider was absolutely terrifying it did seem as if it was willing help him. Boethius wasn’t sure if the spider found the same solace he did the the holy word, but it was fairly clear that it knew he did and was attempting to extend an olive branch. Once Boethius finally managed to get himself off the floor and actually look at his bunk mate all nestled under the covers it almost looked... adorable. You know... if you looked past the rows of flesh tearing, bone breaking teeth. Boethius exhaled and steeled himself. “ If you are willing to help me then I will gladly accept it... and to be fair I would have to agree with you on the fearing. I don’t think the Lord entirely meant for that Psalm to be read with you in the room. Please, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Severinus Boethius and I’d quote you Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, but this thing has a penchant for preventing me from speaking the Lord’s words.”
Theflamre Theflamre
His mind in it's diluded state started to try and make sone connections that it would normally make quite easily. This was a prison for supers and he couldn't quote the bible, which meant ether he summoned jesus in boxing gloves, or his power was in some other way related to the bible.
He remember all the times he had had the bible or something akin to it quoted at him while bearing down upon prey. They wished the bible had saved them, that their merciful lord had stopped the giant spider from killing them, their families, or anyone else in the general area. He had actually decided some time ago that their god must not exist, he was literate so reading over the bible he had decided a merciful lord wouldn't allow something like him to exist.
He kept the thought to him self luckily and simply let out a low hiss of approval. He would quote the bible to this man if he requested it, the man amused his drug addled mind the same as a simmering beam of light would. The mixture of confusion he felt, was overly diluted by the fact the person payed him him some semblance of respect. A part of him buried deep beneath the layers of the drug induced kindness still had some bit of pride that was stroked by the tiny bit of kindness.

|:| Kyra Strega |:|
Kyra waited until the guard lady left the cell with the...vampire?... girl. She looked at the other girl in the cell. “That guard sure is a big ray of sunshine, isn’t she,” she said sarcastically as she walked over to the lower bed and plopped down. She already was not a fan of her, but she did enjoy watching the girl reduce the other guard into tears. “And Lollipop? Definitely not getting my vote for best nickname giver...” Kyra remaked sarcastically, venom dripping off her tongue. “So, what are you exactly?” She inquired to the other girl with antlers, “Because your obviously not human,” her eyes quickly glanced at the antlers the other girl had. Interactions: Dana Zane Dana Zane Mentions: KasperXIII KasperXIII Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak
Dyani had her cloaked wrapped around her as a female entered the cell though by her voice. She can tell that she was upset about a nickname or something. She was about to lay down until the woman soon talked about what was she "O-oh. I'm a wendigo..." she said in a quiet and nervous voice as she frowned abit. People always look at her antler that are on her head like she's some freak or monster but she is a monster.
Interactions: Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams Mentions: Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams (eh)

Kyra‘s eyes widened slightly at what the girl had said. “What? Like an actual wendigo? Like the whole demon deer thing? I didn’t think you guys were really...well...real,” She said astonished that she was actually talking to a wendigo. “Have you ever eaten a human before?” She asked seemingly completely innocently, but in reality she intrigued in how dangerous her cellmate was. “By the way, name’s Kyra. Also I don’t care which bed I have, so you can have first pick.”

Interactions: Dana Zane Dana Zane

His mind in it's diluded state started to try and make sone connections that it would normally make quite easily. This was a prison for supers and he couldn't quote the bible, which meant ether he summoned jesus in boxing gloves, or his power was in some other way related to the bible.
He remember all the times he had had the bible or something akin to it quoted at him while bearing down upon prey. They wished the bible had saved them, that their merciful lord had stopped the giant spider from killing them, their families, or anyone else in the general area. He had actually decided some time ago that their god must not exist, he was literate so reading over the bible he had decided a merciful lord wouldn't allow something like him to exist.
He kept the thought to him self luckily and simply let out a low hiss of approval. He would quote the bible to this man if he requested it, the man amused his drug addled mind the same as a simmering beam of light would. The mixture of confusion he felt, was overly diluted by the fact the person payed him him some semblance of respect. A part of him buried deep beneath the layers of the drug induced kindness still had some bit of pride that was stroked by the tiny bit of kindness.
Boethius smiled at his bunk mate. He took that hiss to be a positive thing and down in his own bunk and began to settle in for the night. According to Valerie lights out was soon so before then Boethius produced his rosary and began reciting the appropriate prayers. The Hail Mary, Glory Be, etc. it was one of the few religious items he had been allowed to keep, if only because it had been determined that he power didn’t activate on its use. After all he may be in this hell, but as a ordained priest and Friar of the church he had his responsibilities. Which reminded him, he would need to request for a Chaplain if they had such a thing here for confession. While it was true he confessed to his crimes before the court he hadn’t had the opportunity to make his confession before God and seek forgiveness. Once Boethius finished praying the rosary he carefully stashed it in his pocket and tucked in, awaiting the lights out.
Theflamre Theflamre in case you want to comment
And anyone else in the vicinity on the first floor really

Dyani heard the woman speak again, by telling she was surprised as for Dyani. This was normal for her as when she tells anyone they're usually surprise or scared. "Y-Yes. You could say that the wendigo is a demon dear. Wendigos are real but usually seen as legend because those who encounter a wendigo usually get killed. A-As for eating humans...I-I don't like to talk about it b-but yes...I-I have." she said and frowned as she soon heard the woman's name "I'm Dyani. Nice to meet you. I take top bunk." she said.
Interaction: Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams

“Nice to meet you too, Dyani,” Kyra said with a smirk. She found it interesting that someone so meek had done crimes horrible enough to be stuck in this hellhole. Kyra sat on her bed and undid her pigtails, letting her hair loosely fall down. Then she quickly tied it into a messy braid. “Um... If I offended you, I’m sorry. Just the only thing I’ve met that wasn’t y’know...human... were like normal animals,” Kyra said sounding sincere, but the main reason she apologized was because she didn’t need any enemies, yet anyway, especially her cell roomie.
Dana Zane Dana Zane

"It's okay. M-Most people has asked me those questions. I-I just got used it..." she said as covered her face with her cloak. though she knows people are actually scared of her and what she's capable of. Though she knows that most of her crimes were killing for survival means or killing those who attacked which were mostly hunters.
Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams

Kyra looked at the Dyani with an eyebrow raised slightly then laid down. “If ya say so...” she said in a slightly skeptical tone. Dyani didn’t seem like she would be a complete headache. “So... I guess we should get to know each other... or something... like inmate to inmate, roomie to roomie. I don’t know. But it would be awkward if we were like, uncomfortable with each other and barely talked to one another,” she said really just trying to not have an awkward silence between them. She needed connections if she ever wanted to leave this place any time soon.

Interactions: Dana Zane Dana Zane

Dyani's head soon popped out of the cloak as she heard that Kyra saying they should get to know each other "U-Ummm, favorite hobby?" she said as the rest of her body still covered as she looked around nervously. She doesn't want to be annoying to Kyra or cause her trouble in the future.

Last edited:
‘Favorite hobby... okay...‘ Kyra had to chose her words wisely, she could just straight out say ‘Oh my hobby is torturing and watching people suffer’ but is that really a hobby activity. “Ummm... I guess it would either have to be drawing or boxing. Can’t decide between the two,” she said uncertain which to chose. “What about you,” she said trying to make a friendly smile but most likely came out as a smirk.

[ Faust - Inmate | Height: 1'1" ]

Once Alasdair had taken a glance down, Faust burst out in laughter. It was a raspy and grinding sound with an unpleasant straining, and cracking reverberating just beneath the bulk of the noise. He shook and his legs bounced up and down before his body language stopped entirely. One last laugh escaped his lips, then he returned to a silent grin. His roommate was an interesting one. Their reaction was normal enough, and they hadn't seemed to have garnered any additional information in comparison to Faust's own. That was to be expected, they were all coming into this with relatively the same know-how as everyone else. They also hadn't appeared to show any outward signs of annoyance. Either they were a cunning one, or wouldn't be bothered by such things. It was too soon to tell.

"Certainly someone... like you... could benefit from putting on a few pounds, wouldn't you agree?"

Faust's brow furrowed, and he shot upright.

"More important question," he leaned out a bit to get a better view of the upper bunk, "you don't snore do you? I'm actually a highly sensitive sleeper, and those sort of things are prone to keeping me up. If it's a more nose-located snore I can usually deal with it, but too much from the mouth and I'll lose my head." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Not literally... hopefully. That would be unnecessarily messy, and an inconvenience to the both of us." He giggled under his breath. "If it would help in any way I could also sing a song to help you doze off. I know, I know, you're probably doubting my capabilities, but I can assure you my singing is as soft as an angel's, despite my... particular blend of vocals."

Zenpai Zenpai (Alasdair)

• Kala's two human eyes blink, thinking on what her call mate just said to her. It was strange, to tell someone that their life was actually lived in blissful ignorance rather than difficulty. Little did she know the man was not only misunderstanding that she grew up in the ghettos/favelas of South America, but she also didn't know the man was seemingly more afraid of her then she was of him. For all she knew her cellmate was a serial killer with a tendency for sexual assault! Regardless of any fear towards either party, she silently thought to herself about his words and whether they be insensitive or not, only to be interrupted by his sudden outburst of emotion and causing her to jump in her own skin.

"Relate...?" She tilted her head slightly, confused by a concept not usually ever applied to her, probably since it comes with the territory of being something completely foreign. Before she had any chance to agree or disagree with the sentiment Will came back with another question for her, almost flooding her socially isolated brain. "A-A bench? I mean, I can't really use it, so I guess so? What could you build though, seeing as I doubt they will let you have much of anything..."

As she asked her own question and finally decided to talk she began to sit up, not as tall as she normally did, but tall enough that she wasn't curled up in an almost nervous way anymore. The weird part was how odd she was feeling... and it started ever since she stepped inside this concrete box. Something felt off like the bricks could hear her heartbeat. Thankfully she was using the conversation to ignore her particularly unique senses, or at least helping keep her mind partially off the eerie violation she felt. Maybe it was the aggressive and volatile redhead outside currently kicking up a storm about a guard?

Directly Interacts: Athanas Athanas
    Mentions: KasperXIII KasperXIII

Alice sat up when Valerie called out to her and shoved a different roommate in her room.
Alice scowled at the nickname the Queen Botch has given her. “Emo girl” Alice wanted to strangle her. There was a difference between being emo and being goth.

Then she turned her attention to her new cell mate. Her brother’s voice ringing in her head. “Even if the streets you gotta make a good first impression” so Alice swing her legs over the side of the top bunk and leapt down to the plastic covered floor below.

She raised her fingers up in a peace sign to right by her eye as a greeting. “Hi there my name is Alice Norell.” She shifted foreword and held out her hand. “Nice to meet ya roomie.”

It was all Alice could to to keep her hand steady the drugs had her hyped up. She hesitated slightly seeing the inhibitor on her roommate. “Oh that inhibitor looks uncomfortable. I’m sorry. If you need anything to make you more comfortable let me know. I dont want us to be enemies since we are gonna be sleeping together. “ Alice grinned trying to put on her best happy go lucky attitude. “Might as well be friends right?”

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Dyani softly smiled as she heard Kyra's answer "T-that's nice as f-for me, It would be walking through the forest during winter and try to lure prey in using my voice mimicking." she said as she continue to softly smiling.
Interaction: Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams

[ Elizabeth Cruentus - Inmate ]

Elizabeth observed her cellmate's introduction with amusement, and shook her hand when she offered. "Well aren't you just a lil snack." The vampire's endearing tone came out quite a bit more menacing than intended, but nonetheless she continued, "I'm Elizabeth Cruentus, it is likewise nice to meet you." After a moment, Elizabeth began sauntering across the cell, glancing around. "So I'm assuming this plastic is part of your inhibitor? Do they have to wrap you in tarp when you leave this cell too?" She came to a stop, swerving back around to face Alice.

Sure, Elizabeth wouldn't have the luxury of being able to take any sips from her cellmate, but it was almost forgiveable in her mind considering that Alice's politeness was a nice change of pace from Valerie's.

firebright24 firebright24

Lany's eyes widened momentarily and slightly as the girl tracing the scar up her arm admitted her crimes with a bit of consternation.

So multiple counts of manslaughter for consumption. Hm.

Lany released a small huff of pleasant surprise; maybe not quite pleasant for those townspeople, but Lany expected something more accidental or a case of wrong-place-wrong-time. Maybe she and her cellmate weren't so different after all. So Lany didn't eat the people she had murdered, but she could relate in the desecration of their bodies.

"I guess not," Lany answered regarding Silver's question about how her victims might've felt. Silver looked so distant now. Lany saw the frustration and sadness pent up in Silver in the small silence after they admitted their 'crimes' to each other.

Somehow, I feel like the only criminal in this room.

"But I don't think you're a bad person. I just think we were put in here by people who don't want to understand us." was all Lany could muster to comfort her. Lany knew that it was a lie when came to her and what she did to get here, but in Silver's case, she thought it was true.

Lany could tell that Silver was lost in a mess of society, forced to suddenly absorb concepts and ideals she didn't understand, punished for a false wrong. Even if it was murder and cannibalism.

Oh, shit. This is sympathy.

Lany sat up, instinctively reaching to the nape of her neck, feeling for the small head of a nail embedded into the back of her head. Her fingertip found it, relieved.

It’s still there, thank God.

The nail was the only thing keeping Lany alive. It must've not registered on the metal detector since it was too small and driven deep into the skull; it was a galvanized nail, matching the same alloy of the prosthesis the med bay provided too.

It kept Lany from feeling deeper emotions, no more complicated than anger, sadness, contentment, and worry. If she began feeling emotions concerning other people, it was bad news for her. Lany still didn't know the extent of the inhibitor they had given to her, but she wasn't going to gamble with her life. A curse is a curse. She was going to have to test the extent of what abilities she had left sometime soon.

Still alarmed that she had felt a complicated emotion for Silver, she didn't notice the girl examining her with concern and curiosity, trying to get a look at Lany's neck.

Lany quickly tried to change the subject.

"So you eat people...What else can you do?"

WillfulWren WillfulWren

Last edited:
{ -NIX-INMATE- }

His gentle grip of her hand caught her attention. Slowly lowering it to her side she couldn’t help but wonder how crime troubled he had been beyond these walls. He obviously didn’t seem like it. Thought Nix’s thoughts didn’t dwell in question any longer as the telepath began analyzing her gestures, her eyes lit with zest as this time he had gotten a lot closer to the truth of what she was trying to say. Allowing her to feel somewhat relieved in the new language she was using.

She shook her head when he asked if he had been off. The siren listening out, as whatever was going on downstairs was something she defiantly didn’t want to be apart of. If the two of them could at least get the hang of this charades act, it would make her life here a lot easier.

"I don't give up easily, Nix. Have I missed anything apart from hypnosis and a death screech?"

If Nix could only tell him how grateful she was, if it had been someone else she wouldn’t dare to believe they would have had such patience. And yet, sat in the back of her mind was the voice telling her to avoid falling into that pothole of trust again. For she knew he could simply be trying to obtain enough knowledge to use her to his own benefit. She knew very well how something like that goes. It’s why she paused when he asked if there was anything else.

What more did she had to lose?

The blue-eyed prisoner patted at her knees, legs, then feet. Straightening up to put her hands in front of her, face down, sticking them side by side, thumbs just touching as she looked to Jasper. Making up and down motions with her hands.

Sloppy.

She dropped her hands to her sides again, brows crinkling in thought. She wouldn’t even know the hell she was saying… It was persistence that forced her to add one more clue.

Nix slowly held out her right arm horizontally. And slowly, but surely, caused her hand and arm to flow, like a wave. Imitating movements under the sea rather well, while her other hand patted down at her legs once more.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

|:| Jasper Bent |:|

So far, so good; Jasper seemed on-point with his slew of guesses, and he could tell that as he got better at it and closer to the right guess, Nix grew relieved that he could at least get very close to what she was trying to convey. That equally brought relief to Jasper, who felt as if he were the idiot unable to understand what were probably very basic hand gestures that he might've been overthinking, or trying to find a hidden message in between. His facial expressions didn't do him any favors, after all. But he did exchange a look of joy whenever success came their way.

Till now, the two had gotten along pretty well, but enough for Jasper to trust her with a few more sensitive details about his past? Prisoners generally frowned upon ex-law-enforcement. If word got out that he used to put people in prison, some of his past crooks he locked up sent right here to Thesta, he'd be in for quite the joy ride. Fortunately, Nix wasn't one of his past cases, so she was a new face. Did that, along with her muted nature, justify trusting her enough to tell her about his dilemma? The fact that he was framed and not given a chance to state his case? Even without that, despite their good relationship for now, what if she ever attempts to kill him or threaten him with some more devious signing? She was quite a threat, and till now, the telepath didn't even know what she was guilty of...

Indeed, there was more to communicate between the two, but the next set of hand motions from the siren weren't so clear. Jasper arched an eyebrow and repeated the process, throwing words around to try to guess what he was looking at.

"Um... is that some sort of ritual? Are you trying to communicate some sort of foreign language? Because I'm not quite familiar with that. Is that a method of prayer? Or thanks?"

Judging by how she kept going, he clearly wasn't there yet. He avoided showing any sign of beating himself up, seeing that her eyes told a story of fear of failure. Best not to show her any sort of signal that she's not doing well. "Go on." The idea of water hadn't popped up yet, but with the next waving gesture, it would. Jasper's eyes widened as he took the hint and linked it to the obvious.

"Water," he asserted rather confidently. Much of her movements before had suddenly become a lot clearer, a true Eureka moment as he raised his index finger slightly as his rambling commenced once again. "Swimming. Fish-like it seemed... You either live far away in a place you can only swim to, or, more likely, you thrive in water. Though I don't see any gills or fins on you, but I am familiar with species who can look more human than amphibious. Not to mention you didn't have a last name when the cell names were called out... You're not quite human, at least not fully... A mermaid? No, mermaids don't typically possess your type of powers, unless you're an anomaly or a mutation.... hmm..."

He gently scratched the stubble beneath his chin as he pondered over the possibilities of what kind of sea creature Nix was. More thoughts came to mind, ones he'd vocalize in order to get her approval for.

"Hm, it makes a bit more sense that you come from within the water, probably the depths of the ocean as it'd be more open for the chances of a civilization than any other body of water. Sadly, I'm unfamiliar with the geography of that territory, so my guessing stops there when it comes to location, but your species is what intrigues me. You look totally human, no sign of gills, but odds are, you'll need water eventually to survive. Not sure if the prison can facilitate that. I'm also unsure if you'll sprout gills out of nowhere, either, which would complicate things in a cell like this one."

For a moment, he felt like he had rambled on for far too long without stopping much for Nix to reply... but he felt like he was getting close.

Looking across whatever he could see from Nix's body eventually brought his attention back to her facemask. A reminder of her screeching ability which prevents her from using her vocal chords. That, and her hypnosis lullaby. When it came to her species and Jasper's past, but minimal, knowledge about sea creatures and mythology, a much more narrowed down idea appeared in his mind, and one he felt confident in. He snapped his fingers, pointing at her in a very loose fashion:

"You're a siren, aren't you?"

He grew worried for a moment, but didn't externalize it. If she were a siren, and she does get free from her restraints, she could easily put him under some spell or scream to make him go deaf once she has no use for him. It went back to trust: Jasper was treating her well, but would she do the same for him?

Direct Mentions: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x

Silver Ferae
Ruby eyes narrowed Lany moved suddenly, and the ShapeShifter almost flinched, almost expecting to be hit. But no assault came, so she just carried on laying there, head on her hands and stating almost unblinkingly at the other woman in that eerie way cats have.

"What do I do? Well, there's these -" Her cat ears twitched, calling attention to themselves, and she hated her fangs. "And I can turn into.... Things. Animals, birds and... What's the word for like, lizards and... Lizards with no legs? Long lizards? Scaly things with tongues that split?"
The words she was looking for would be 'reptile' and 'snake' of course, but (luckily) she was distracted from talk of small scaly things by a mysterious glint in her newfound friend's head. Frowning, she pulled herself entirely on to the bed.

"Uhh, you got something -" Her hand found the nail and she tugged, sending the piece of metal flying. "There! Got it!"

sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Last edited:
Alice shrugged at her cell mate and sling herself back up to the top bunk. “No they don’t wrap me in plastic. They do drug me pretty heavily though. That’s why I’m all shaky and...stuff”

Alice watched her roommate she looked like someone who might be good to have around in the future years of being here at the prison. She should stay close to her.

She began nibbling her lip as she payed back in her bed. “Looks like tomorrow is gonna be a long day. I wish I could get out of this place.”

Again Alice wondered what her brother was doing. She wanted to go home and see him again. His name came her mind. Kaito, she almost whispered it. At least she has someone to find when she got out, that was more than most people had. If she got out that is.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

It must've been years of stalking prey that pounced on and pinned Lany too well and too quickly before she could throw Silver off of her.

"Don't-" was all she could cry out before Silver deftly drew the nail out of Lany's head.

She fell back into the mattress feeling a wave of unconsciousness wash over her as though she were sinking in it, eyes flickering at the bottom of the top bunk as it grew further away, head lolling off to the side. Silver's wide red eyes met her own before she blacked out.

Lany resurfaced somewhere else.

She sat in a wooden chair in front of a dimly lit work bench. In front of her were the same nailgun and the anatomy textbook she had stolen, and sitting across from her was the redheaded guard from earlier. The guard took the nailgun and bolted herself in the back of the head.

Her vision morphed as she saw Will sit at across from her at the same bench. This time, a saw, a pistol, a needle and spool of thread, a pickle jar, and a dismembered human index finger were in front of them. He tried firing the pistol; it clicked and jammed. Lany watched as he began to saw off his own index finger. He then sewed the dismembered finger to the fresh nub of his bloodied hand and dropped his own index finger into the pickle jar. With his a new index finger, Will picked up the gun and fired. The bullet flew, and lodged itself into Lany's chest.

This is what Lany's dreams were usually like. Just simple patchwork recollections of the day, month, week - but usually, she would only see herself repeating an amalgam of her memories. Not other people.

I'm just seeing all the shitty fucking things I did to myself, just with new faces.

Her consciousness must've thought otherwise because the setting shifted into a new one.

This time, she hung from a hook, bloodied, battered, freshly amputated. She was in a meat locker, and every one of her dismembered body parts hung on hooks with her. She saw Silver approach her, and with a flick of a claw, cut Lany down.

She awoke hazily, eyes rolling beneath the lid with great strain, blood rushing to her head and sloshing back and forth once it got there. She felt the back of her head. It was wet with blood. Turning towards Silver, she saw the girl was preoccupied, examining and playing with a bloody red nail.

A whole slew of complex emotions crashed through her old barricades, but none held weight against her sense of dread.

I'm going to die in here.

She just kept watching Silver play with the little red nail, silent, as her mind screamed for the rest of the night.

WillfulWren WillfulWren

Alasdair ignored the comment about him needing to put on weight. "No, I don't snore," Alasdair said flatly. "And I would appreciate it if you didn't sing to me, thanks." The little fairy creature was trying to help but Alasdair didn't need to be treated like a fussing baby. Faust clearly meant well, but the whole singing to him to make him sleep was kind of ridiculous.

BluEndings BluEndings

"You're a siren, aren't you?"

Nix nodded her head in response. Finally, Jasper having understood what she was trying to say. All his mentions of the Ocean couldn’t help but remind Nix of her previous home. She’d never admit she truly missed it, but there was a part of her that missed the water, her other form. It had been a while. She did indeed wonder whether the prison could facilitate that need, though she still had a week, once that was over she needed some sort of water to shift.

Brought out of her thoughts Nix seemed to look around the space they had. Though she wanted to ask Jasper some more questions, about him, she couldn’t seem to bring herself to do any more charades. The whole guessing game had left her tired.

|:| Jasper Bent & Valerie Masterson |:|

The nod of confirmation put a smile on Jasper's face, as well as the thoughts of success, but also fear. You still got it in you. Just hope that drug they're pumping in you isn't going to turn your mind into mush to the point that you can't keep playing this sorta game... But still, what's gonna happen when she needs water? What if she's going to transform right here in your cell? Or what if they need to turn it into a fish tank for her? Worse: what if she gets that mask off and tries to hypnotize you into some horrible deeds in the future? This might be a tad more risky that meets the eye. She seems sweethearted enough, but that might be because she lacks her defining voice...

As tired as Jasper was as well after an unpleasant tour of the prison and a straining mystery of finding out who this girl was, he would've kept pondering the risks and possibilities if his train of thought hadn't been interrupted by a loud thud, probably not from within his and Nix's cell, but loud enough for every cell in gen-pop to hear in the same booming, cutting manner. A surprise that lockdown wasn't triggered by that... That noise came along with the main lights of the prison cell going out , leaving just a few light-blue florescent lights along the ground of the second floor, just beneath the railing, visible from outside the cell glimmering in a manner that wouldn't be more bothersome than a night-light. The bottom floor had a similar kind light just outside their cells, creating a sort of path. Some other dim lights were also present outside the cells, too far away to be seen while in bed, but for the most part, the only source of light in the cell now was the lights on the railings and ground just outside the cell.

Then came the scratching noise of an intercom being unmuted, then the voice of the familiar redheaded woman who'd given them a rather interesting tour of the prison. Jasper's eyes rolled as the first insult slipped from her lips for all to hear.

"Lights out, maggots. Calling it early just so you get a chance to adjust. Your cell doors are locked and most of the lights have been shut off. Lucky for you, it's also time for me to call it a day. But just a reminder.... remember those microphones scattered around the prison that I mentioned on the tour that can cause a lockdown if a sound that's too loud gets picked up? The gain on those is turned up during these hours, so even though we can't force you to sleep, best you stay quiet, or else the graveyard crew will have a field day with your asses. Because if you think I'm a tough bitch.... Hah. Sweet dreams."

A similar scratching noise resurfaced as the head of security left the mic and left the inmates in the near-darkness of their cells. Jasper could still see the glistening outline of Nix's mask, which allowed him to tell where she was relative to himself. Even if they wanted to, the game of charades to get to know each other would have to come to a close before it got too loud and accidentally triggered a lockdown. He tried his best to focus his eyes on the siren's, even through the dark, and speak extra soft in hopes it wouldn't trigger any alarms.

"Guess that's our cue to sleep. You get some rest. I'll... tell you a little more about myself tomorrow, or something. Good night."

With the top bunk claimed as his own, Jasper maneuvered around the bed so that he was standing next to the toilet, which would function as his stool instead of risking a climb that might make a noise just a hair too loud, and, therefore, set the alarm off. He glanced up and down at the outline of the frame of the bed that he could see from the poor lighting, then took two steps back to try to position his feet firmly on the bowl of the old, rusty toilet just behind him. It was a small rim to keep his balance on, but nothing impossible. As his hands took a hold of the back of the top bunk and another foot taking a step on the back of the flimsy toilet, he was ready to take a sort of leap to get up. Kind of sucked that there was no ladder, but maybe this could be an opportunity for Jasper to improve on his own physical condition. Maybe learn how to climb up with ease by the end of the year.

Jasper lifted himself up from the can, hearing the sound of metal moving from its place as he did. Panicking, he pulled his body up into bed, praying that the noise didn't trigger the alarms. Fortunately, at least for the first few seconds, nothing happened. Still near silence across the cell and beyond. He might've attracted the attention of a guard, though. Hopefully he didn't break the toilet in doing so and land himself in trouble right off the bat. He crawled a bit more inward in the bed to noticed his pillow and sheets were rolled up as one package for him. He tried to soothe his nerves, taking deep, soft breaths. Surely, Nix heard that noise, too. What would she think? She sure couldn't say anything, but what if she gets in trouble for it because she couldn't communicate her own innocence? His eyes didn't seem to relax as he kept darting between the edge of the bed and the cell door.

Shit... there goes staying quiet, he thought.

His own curiosity got the better of him and prompted him to look over the edge and peek at whatever he could see in the mostly dark corner. Fortunately, there was a mild shine to the old utility, one that he could catch. He didn't break the entire toilet; it still looked intact. He wiped a drop of sweat from his forehead and took a sigh of relief. Maybe it was just the noise he made from climbing?

Nope. Unbeknownst to Jasper, he'd broken a few rusted bolts in the toilet's frame, pulling it from its place in the wall. It couldn't be seen well from Jasper's position, but his cellmate probably would. Beyond the crack in the toilet's frame revealed a crawlspace of pipes and wiring to keep the toilet functional. And it would begin a world of discovery for whoever finds it first.

What was worse? The rest of the cells had a similar toilet problem...

Meanwhile, Valerie's announcement came to a close, and that marked the end of her shift. The intercom rested by the stairs to the second floor, sealed behind a metal box with a lock, the key only in her and the Warden's possession. She released the button to allow her to speak and shut the door, fixing the lock back into its place and stepping away, twirling her nightstick in circles as she took a look back at the newly-ordered sector of gen-pop, now filled with new inmates. They'd be quite the interesting pack from here on out, and she'd already begun her fair share of fun with a few inmates as is. The thoughts of getting her sexual fix from them were still in her mind, but not at the top of it yet. Not during lights-out with a bunch of new guards wandering about. Sam might already have a rather sharp eye on her, but she wasn't the only new guard employed around here...

Her eyes turned over to another one that was new this week: CO Davis, the walking smoke-bomb, as she knew him from meeting him. She never called him that, unlike her open nicknames to inmates like 'Fangs', but it was her own way of knowing faces. Now, in her own cranky state of mind, was not quite the best time for her to foster long-lasting relationships. It wasn't even the right time to hypnotize and have sex with a newly-employed guard.

Conversation, though? It would be more along the lines of giving orders and asserting her own authority, as this would be her first interaction with him. She approached him head on after ensuring that all the cells had been sealed shut by the lights-out protocol and gripped her weapon of choice in both hands, giving Jacob a rather smug grin, her back falling against the nearest wall that she could.

"What's with all the strange guards here in G?" she shrugged. "We've got Fratellis who's literally always in that power suit like we're at war when there's literally nothing to fear or hide from - there's Sangsue, the vampire who I'm surprised isn't in a goddamn prison cell considering she's also nothing more than a crook - there's Gibson, who I heard was some spoiled brat that needed to get whipped into shape, hence his being here for two years on some quest to learn 'value' - and then there's you, the guy who looks more like a Jonas brother wannabe from ten years ago than a guard of any sort." She chuckled a bit at her own joke, outright making fun of Jacob's appearance in front of his face. She knew he wouldn't do much more than give her an attitude, and if he did go the extra mile, all it'd take is a swipe over his face to make him obey her... then things would take a rather unintended turn.

"Relax," she went on, "I'm not here to tear you a new asshole like the other guard from F. All the guards are strange here. Only the gifted can tame the gifted I guess. At least that's what the Warden thinks. You've probably already heard by word of mouth not to piss me off around here, and more recently, you've probably seen why you shouldn't. But trust me, on my good side around here, the world's your oyster. Just... know who you should trust, I suppose. I know for a fact some of these guards aren't the most trustworthy folk, and might just land you in trouble and into one of these cells yourself. Seen it many times. Hell, I was almost one of em myself. Maybe I'll take you with me on the next inmate tour and I can show you how things are done around here. I gotta go through all the new guards, so your time will come eventually."

Valerie licked her lips, bringing her own little sassy monologue to a close with a few last words to engage in conversation before leaving her day job. "So, what got you into working for the world's most secure prison for the worst of the worst? They scouted you out? Or you just chose to after some police training or something?"

Mentions for Jasper: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x
Mentions for Valerie: Foogels Foogels
Mentions for Lights-Out [basically everyone/a chance to ensure everyone's here]: firebright24 firebright24 Zenpai Zenpai Sybil Sybil WillfulWren WillfulWren Dana Zane Dana Zane Athanas Athanas SmithingForCopper SmithingForCopper Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak BluEndings BluEndings St. Boethius St. Boethius Theflamre Theflamre xDawn2463x xDawn2463x sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams Foogels Foogels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back