• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [Rebooted]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

[ Elizabeth Cruentus - Inmate ]

The evenly lit cell plunged into darkness at Valerie's call, and Elizabeth sighed as the Head of Security went on to describe in detail why any escape attempt would be futile.
"Maybe I should see if I can get them to pump me with drugs too." Elizabeth groaned, shuffling toward her bunk. In the dark, she became acutely aware of the noises around her. Alice's sedated breathing, whispered conversations from different cells, patrolling footsteps. If this was just what she could gather, Elizabeth was sure that that any sensitive microphones out there would be impossible to avoid.

Seeing as there were no places to hang from, Elizabeth reluctantly slid into the bunk. "G'night, roomie." She muttered. "Here's to hoping tomorrow will suck less."
Not likely. Today was just the tour, tomorrow they actually had to work. And Valerie- well, Valerie was Valerie, and Elizabeth didn't particularly fancy performing any activity if she was going to be present.

firebright24 firebright24

The large spider ascended to the upper bunk of his cell, it's akwardly large body soon enough proved more maneuverable then one would think. Its large limbs tucked closely under it's underbelly, they acted as belts to restrict the large somewhat fatty outer parts of ththe spider to the bed. This did however have an unsettling effect, with the oils natural to his skin being squeezed so that they soaked the bed below him. They even began to drip off the wooden frame of the bed, soaking into a large amber pool of liquid to his right.
The creatures limbs popped as he relaxed, the noise loud enough to echo out about the prison filling the block breifly. It's drug addled state brought it easy relaxation and even quick sleep, something abnormal to the spider. If it had the mind too it could ponder the benfits the drugs gave him, but he was tired and wished nothing more then sleep. Perhaps one day looking back he will reflect on this, perhaps one day he will have the chance. Regardless the large spider settled quickly into a deep sleep, its multiple eyes having no lids with which to close remaining open. The black pearls still slightly reacting to anything that moves within its visinity, meaning it was semi conscious even while "sleeping deeply".
The stench of it's oily carpace filled the block long after it's popping concluded. It was the stench of death, It's body didnt produce fecal matter instead after it turrned its victim into a drinkable slushy it sweated them out. This meant it quite litterally sweated corpses, the stench was similar to that of decaying flesh and it wouldn't be far fetched to assume most if not all within the block would know it. Perhaps some sort of macabre irony that part of their punishment would be to spend long night's with their senses filled with the stench of corpse.

The large spider ascended to the upper bunk of his cell, it's akwardly large body soon enough proved more maneuverable then one would think. Its large limbs tucked closely under it's underbelly, they acted as belts to restrict the large somewhat fatty outer parts of ththe spider to the bed. This did however have an unsettling effect, with the oils natural to his skin being squeezed so that they soaked the bed below him. They even began to drip off the wooden frame of the bed, soaking into a large amber pool of liquid to his right.
The creatures limbs popped as he relaxed, the noise loud enough to echo out about the prison filling the block breifly. It's drug addled state brought it easy relaxation and even quick sleep, something abnormal to the spider. If it had the mind too it could ponder the benfits the drugs gave him, but he was tired and wished nothing more then sleep. Perhaps one day looking back he will reflect on this, perhaps one day he will have the chance. Regardless the large spider settled quickly into a deep sleep, its multiple eyes having no lids with which to close remaining open. The black pearls still slightly reacting to anything that moves within its visinity, meaning it was semi conscious even while "sleeping deeply".
The stench of it's oily carpace filled the block long after it's popping concluded. It was the stench of death, It's body didnt produce fecal matter instead after it turrned its victim into a drinkable slushy it sweated them out. This meant it quite litterally sweated corpses, the stench was similar to that of decaying flesh and it wouldn't be far fetched to assume most if not all within the block would know it. Perhaps some sort of macabre irony that part of their punishment would be to spend long night's with their senses filled with the stench of corpse.
Boethius knew that tonight was going to be a long one when his bunk mate settled in and the loud popping of what he could only guess was his joints began. Boethius had already been settled into his bunk by the time lights out was called and considered that loud popping didn’t trigger a lock down Boethius know had a good idea of how loud they or at least he was allowed to be. The worst was yet to come however when the deathly smell of corpses filled his nose Boethius lurched forward off his bed and straight to the toilet to throw up. Boethius didn’t realize just how close the toilet was to the bunks given the relative larger size of thier cell and managed hit his knee on the side of the toilet with a resounding thump. It did help him find it and not miss the bowl. Boethius thought the smell of burning flesh haunted him but the smell from his new found friend was so much worse. Boethius didn’t even care if his vomiting or the sound from his knee hitting the toilet was too loud. When the guards came to investigate they would figure out why for themselves! After finally finishing Boethius summoned up his strength and heaved himself from the toilet and back to his bunk. He laid back down as silence overtook the cell once again. He could only hope the rest of the night would be peaceful and that eventually he would get used to the smell.
Theflamre Theflamre KasperXIII KasperXIII

Will chuckled at Kala's remarks:"Allow me?" Why, is having an enjoyable pastime not allowed in this place? See, I can't exactly sleep-not in the proper sense of the word anyway. Killing time during the night might prove an issue if I can't just focus on something.

Will shrugged and began materializing some basic tools, when he noticed something odd about Kala."Is there a particular reason as to why you're so on edge? You look mortally terrified... or something like that. Don't worry, I promise not to make too much noise-although there will be a bit of noise. You're not a light sleeper, are ya?
Any case, Try to get some proper rest tonight. You're going to need the energy for tomorrow. And, If it turns out I'm actually making more noise than I thought, don't hesitate to tell me about it, eh? Have a good one."

And with that, Will refocused his attention on a small contraption he was building-In particular, a small desk lamp. He would need light if he wanted to make more proper things in here. He hoped there weren't light-sensors in this place, too.

Mentions: Sybil Sybil

tumblr_ojm6zrR7q31qmk13do1_500.png
Jacob Davis
Mood: Sarcastic/Interested
Interactions: KasperXIII KasperXIII
Mentions:
Jacob was zoning out while leaning on the railing of the second floor. He looked out as all the inmates finished making there way into there cells. I could really go for a smoke right now. Jacob patted his pocket, he still had his pack of cigarettes there, that was good. He looked over his shoulder after hearing the voice of a women. But when he caught site of who it was he gave a half-assed attempt of standing straight and quickly started leaning on the bars again. He shrugged and gave some sarcastic chuckles as she listed off his 'Fellow Guards'. When she finally gave him a mentioned at the end he gave a smirk. "That was a good one, never heard that before." He shook his head and let out a sigh. "Never heard it before... Original." He rested his head into his hand. He dragged his hand down over his face stretching it momentarily. He gazed upon the facility as the lights went out. He looked at the women when she started back up again. He listened as she talked about how some of the other guards weren't trustworthy. What a strange thing to think. It was a good way to think, but it was surprising coming from the lead. She was supposed to treat everyone the same and think highly of everyone, but that obviously wasn't the case.

He smirked and looked out on the building again. "I think you'll be slightly less terrible to work with." His head turned back to the women as she finished up talking. She licked her lips and asked him why he was here. He turned around and leaned backwards on the bars looking at the women leaning on the wall of the building behind him. "A little of both I guess. I showed some promise and they talked me into it. Sounded interesting enough, I guess." He gave a blank face as he shrugged. He didn't really have a good reason to be there, it just seemed to work out. He pulled out his pack of cigarettes, opened the top and pulled one out holding it between his index and middle finger. He held out the pack and gestured for her to take one. "Probably because I can smoke." He added to his earlier statement. He gave a weak smile and put his pack of cigarettes back into his pocket, pulling out a lighter. He lit his cigarette and took a drag. "If I wanna get anything done I'll have to take you up on that offer for a tour. As you know I'm still a newbie here, though it shouldn't take too long to get used to it." His small smile faded as he took another drag of his cigarette.

Last edited:

• The cellmate's words did little to soothe her, his action of bringing tools to himself only causing more worry as to his exact intentions. Were they doubling as weapons? What would be their creation? Would she get in trouble for not reporting such actions? All these thoughts ran through her mind at she attempted to close her eight eyes once she felt it was appropriate and her roommate was done talking, not exactly in the mood for discussion as she sat back down to settle. Her back stayed up straight as she began to nod off, her neck slumped forward as her breathing slowed. A skill she picked up, sleeping while unnerved, which was the only saving grace she could have inside the concrete hell she was trapped in.

"Welp seems it's time for us to sleep," Alasdair said laying his head down on his pillow. He thought for a moment before leaning back over the edge. "And no singing." He didn't fall asleep easily, but he didn't need Tinkerbell's half-demon cousin singing to him. He just put his head on the pillow and waited for sleep to take him.

BluEndings BluEndings

Sith looked up with a mixed look of disgust and fear at the sound of the intercoms. "What an awful woman," She muttered under her breath. She looked at her cellmate. "Do you mind if I take the bottom bunk?"

SmithingForCopper SmithingForCopper

In the time Lany laid on her bunk and thought, she made a list of conclusions:

1. In any other circumstance, she would've strangled Silver. Remorselessly.
2. There was no way she was putting that nail back in her head.
3. However, there was the option of someone else.

Lany was merely easing back into thinking again; it seemed like her usual thought process after recuperating from a wound. The "revenge-first-and-foremost" sort of checklist she was used to making. However, this time rationality followed not far behind:

1. She would not kill Silver. Not for this offence.
2. She had a headache, but she survived the internal bleeding in her brain. And no coma this time.
3. She needed to switch from 'hit-list' mode, and actually rationalize.

She emitted a hybrid of a sigh and a groan, turned over onto her side, and stared at the baby blue plaster walls of her cell.

Addressing the first point of her resolved list, she started to understand why she didn't kill Silver. It was because she didn't want to. Lany used to be a creature of compulsion, not unlike her roommate. If she was irked enough to kill, she would kill, and life was simple for her that way. But life would no longer be simple as her emotions were jump-starting again. They would be a hindrance from now on, as the floodgates opened.

Everyone's going to think I'm PMSing if I don't control myself.

An over exaggeration, but the part about restraint was true. She would get herself killed, as it was possible now thanks to her cellmate, if she didn't keep calm and carry on. It would just seem like PMSing to her, having felt no complex emotion for another person but the urge to kill since she was a teenager.

She revisited her Freaky-Friday dream sequence:

1. She saw the redheaded guard because she felt resentment for her. She doubted the guard could survive a nail gun to the back of the head. She didn't want to kill the guard. She wanted to torture guard. Lany had never felt a sense of poetic license in terms of torture, but the guard inspired her creativity.
2. She saw Will because he ignited her curiosity, another new feeling for her. Lany had never gambled on curiosity, but somehow, recklessness didn't feel like a mistake this time.
3. Silver was the most obvious; she felt compassion for Silver. Lany didn't like it, but her compassion for 'Little Miss Laser-Bait' was the strongest feeling out the three.

And those were the only notable people she had interacted with today.

After successfully processing her emotions for the first time in a while, it made her realize something about the second point on her resolved list. Her headache was gone now, like she had been cleansed of pain after she had sorted her emotions out. The tingly sensation she had felt all day sort of subsided as well, and if she had survived the removal of a nail from her brain while on the inhibitor, she should be in a deep coma. This could only mean that her abilities weren't totally nullified with the inhibitor. That guard was still able to follow through with a punch though, confusing Lany further. Rules were rules; Lany couldn't be touched by people who didn't love her - but somehow that guard was able to gut-punch her.

Maybe she has some sort of emotion-related ability?

Lany resolved to test out the kinks a few steps at a time, maybe even using her cellmate as an guinea pig for her experiments. There was likely no way for Silver to fall in love with her, and definitely no chance of Lany falling for Silver, therefore, there was no way for Silver to kill Lany. Potentially maim, but death by Silver was not imminent.

As Lany was about to break the silence with her cellmate, a switch echoed through the cell block as the lights were snuffed out, save some dim guide lights on the cell block floor.

The Red Rage declared it was lights out, beefing up her announcements with threats and warnings of the hypersensitive microphones surrounding the inmates. Not even at night could they rest easy it seemed.

Lany remained as quiet as she could, and began to gesture towards Silver to go to bed when she remembered Silver was still in possession of the nail formerly lodged in Lany's head. She had to get it out of Silver's hands before a guard came by and had their with Lany and Silver for possessing a potientally dangerous item. A potentially dangerous item she wanted to keep in her possession.

Lany whispered lowly, and tried to be as coxing as she could towards the feline girl.

"Hey Silver, it's lights out. We gotta get our rest for tomorrow, but before we do that, can I have my nail back?"

WillfulWren WillfulWren

Last edited:
[ Faust - Inmate | Height: 1'1" ]

Denied the singing offer huh. That would ultimately be for the best. Faust had no clue how to sing, but he sure felt like he did. Some piece of him resonated with the thought. It was a shame that piece wasn't his larynx. His voice was dreadful, objectively of course. It had it's perks, just singing wasn't one of them, and now that he was on the topic he couldn't drop it. If he was lucky there might be an isolated area in this "pen" where he could practice. Though while his roommate or fellow inmates might not overhear him the guards had eyes and ears everywhere. His reputation would be ruined before it even had a chance to bloom. There were also those noise things to worry about. He would hate to trigger a lock down with his unholy singing attempts. He rolled onto his face to hide faint maroon blush that had formed, but the crackling sound of the intercom snapped him out of it.

Graveyard crew? Faust's grip on words really wasn't doing him any favors today, maybe it was the injection. It didn't matter. The more pressing thing at hand was the mention of people supposedly worse than the sadistic tour guide. Did she mean these people were so bad they would put troublemakers in the ground? He shuddered. Unless the wording was meant to entail this particular group came from a graveyard. In which case there would be undead prowling the night! Surely they wouldn't go that far. The idea of having flesh eating monsters among them was terrifying. Even if an impressive door stood between them. Though all things considered, the very person he shared a room with could be considered a monster all in the same. He hadn't even begun to wonder what they had done to wind up here. He probably should have.

Faust grit his teeth, "S—"

The lights shut off, and the sudden change caused him to flinch. Much to his dismay it allowed a brief raspy squeak to escape him. He coughed a few times, ran his teeth across his lip and narrowed his eyes. Oh how he hated the dark. He could see absolutely nothing, and his skin crawled from the mere thought of bugs running amok. Critters from the shadows could burrow into his skin and he wouldn't even realize. Nothing good came from the dark. Any shapes he could barely glimpse were contorted into maddening images of his mind's own creation. The aura was suffocating. He clawed at his throat with his nails allowing wine-black blood to trickle down his hands. That was a pretty dumb thing to do. It wasn't like it was going to help. From this point onward this was all there would ever be.

Then came the final remark from his roommate, "and no singing."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Faust muttered, and waved off the comment despite the dark concealing any and all gestures. He didn't have any tangent to go on this time around. His heart wasn't into it.

Assuming he still had one of those.

Zenpai Zenpai (Alasdair)

Nix’s thoughts were halted but a loud thud echoing throughout the hallways of gen-pop and lights out in their cell, leaving Nix to vulnerably blink her lids in the dark. Trying to make out whatever shapes she could. This was all followed by Valarie’s voice booming through speakers, warning them that whatever noise they made was bound to be heard. Nix couldn’t help but shiver in the dark.

"Guess that's our cue to sleep. You get some rest. I'll... tell you a little more about myself tomorrow, or something. Good night."

She very much agreed, unable to mutter much of a response, she nodded her head, eventually finding her way to her bed, whilst Jasper could be heard struggling to get himself up on the top bunk. Nix greeted her teeth at the sound of metal moving, softly breathing against the blankets. She doubted she was falling asleep anytime soon. This was going to be a long night.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

Ashleigh Dunn - Inmate

Ash's hairs stood on end when Masterson's voice cut through what had been a nice moment. Couldn't even let us get to tomorrow morning without reminding us of her presence. Bitch. She grinned as Sith echoed her own thought in a slightly less vulgar manner. "Course not, think I've already settled in up here anyway", she replied quietly, nestling herself further into the top bunk as darkness swept their cell. "Good night."

The bunk was anything but comfortable, that was for sure, but she'd slept on worse in her childhood home. Not fully back to zero. And if there's a couple more inmates as decent as my cellmate, maybe this won't be quite as thoroughly shit as I was expecting. Ash was surprisingly exhausted, and more than a little frustrated when she realised the provided bedding was packed up. Probably should've sorted all this out before the lights were cut. With her limbs feeling like they'd turned to lead and no eagerness on her part to accidentally make noise, she simply moved the pack to work as a makeshift pillow, sleep wasting no time in embracing her.

Zenpai Zenpai

Silver Ferae
The cat girl had chased the rolling nail under the bottom bunk, and as the lights abruptly shut off, she got startled and whacked her head against the metal bottom of the bed. She lay there limply until she heard Lany's voice, then struggled out, nail clutched tightly in her hand.

Her eyes seemed to almost glow, as, like a cats, they reflected the dim lighting like two glowing red dots. "...The nail? Yeah, sure!" With that, the piece of metal was dropped into Lany's bed, as Silver assumes the other's night vision was as good as hers. She climbed up to her bunk and lay there hugging the pillow and staring at the ceiling.

"I miss stars..." She murmured, almost to herself. "And trees. Like, the noise the leaves made as they brushed against each other, and... And bird wings... I wanna go home..."
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Last edited:
Maslany Miloszchenko
Following her request, a muffled metallic bump came from beneath Lany's mattress. Silver crawled out from under the bunk beds, and cheerily returned the nail without hesitation. Lany pressed her palm around the general area she thought Silver had dropped the nail as the ruby-eyed girl deftly pulled herself up onto the top bunk.

"Thanks," Lany whispered, but she doubted Silver heard.

Lany covertly pushed the nail into the side of her mattress closest to the wall for safekeeping. She finally settled down, forcing herself to sink into the rigid mattress and limp pillow, draping herself in the thin blanket as an empty solace. Nothing would ache as long as she didn't move for the rest of the night. Sleeping was always a rushed and hurried practice for Lany. It was never a thing she wanted to do for herself; just a hasty, meticulous obstacle. Lany was always defeated by her own exhaustion, and it was infuriating.

Maybe that's why I'm here. I got tired. I got sloppy. And it became too much.

Amid her thoughts, she heard Silver muttering wistfully to herself about her home; soft mumbles of trees, leaves, bird wings, and stars lulled the girl to sleep with pauses growing longer between each bit reminiscence. Sadly, Silver might not see it any of it again, save for her dreams.

Sleep tight, Silver.

On the notion of home, Lany thought of hers. Unlike the one Silver sleepily described, Lany grew up in the city. The worst parts of a city. Lany didn't mind not returning though, if it wasn't for her unfinished business.

When did it become too much?

The hunt for her began after she had assassinated the Attorney General of Serbia, and that was when she was eventually caught by the mafia and the corrupt Serbian government. She only ended up in prison after all attempts at execution failed.

'I can't help if I'm invulnerable,' she had told the electric chair attendant, firing squad, and injection supervisor. 'It's a curse.'

It was also the reason she was stitched in patchwork bits and pieces, missing and found, like a project abominable science.

At the time, she felt like she was running out of steam in her tour of revenge. It was less revenge, more a game of 52 pick up, except she wasn't playing with cards - just her own body parts. But she was close to her goal. She almost had every piece back, after a long run of 'kidnapping, murder, and mutilation' - just means to her ends of retribution and reclamation. She was just missing an arm and a leg.

And then she found her missing leg with the sick fuck that started it all.

It began when she started out in the ranks of the mafia as his bodyguard; they stayed handcuffed when things got dodgy - Lany kept him bulletproof. Lany was whole and happy for two months, until the inciting incident. They were cornered, and the only way out was to split up - Lany only had a knife on her, and he ran out of ammo - she had to take a chance. She sawed off the hand connected by the handcuff, and they ran their separate ways; they found each other not long afterwards, both unscathed save for her hand dangling off his wrist - she found she was able to put it back on without consequence.

That was when they first met, she and he. He was just Zivko then. Afterwards, she was exploited not only by him, but by all of them - pecking at her piece by piece like vultures. She only made it out during the chaos of a coup within the mafia. The power shifts allowed her to escape - no arms, one leg, half of her eyes and ears intact, operating the joystick of an electric mobility scooter with her fucking teeth.

It took her years to graduate from mobility scooter to motorized shopping cart, proper prosthetics, eventually to finally get her body back.

When she saw him again, he was now Zivko the Cannibal. He had made her leg into a novelty lamp, and then told her he had eaten her arm.

Lany could not kill him no matter how hard she tried. She was too infuriated to find a way to. She could only go on a replenished and reckless warpath. She killed the taxidermist that made her leg into a lamp and sent Zivko his head, and she was going to castrate the Serbian Attorney General and send his genitals in a jar with a message that Zivko was no longer safe if he had no one's corrupt dick to suck - but she got herself caught beforehand.

Though the first day of the rest of her life was coming to an end, Lany swore that she would not die here, not until Zivko died by the only hand she had left. She swore to her survival, and was finally defeated by her own exhaustion, plummeting into a fathomless sleep.

WillfulWren WillfulWren

|:| Valerie Masterson |:|

Well, that was unexpected, Valerie thought as her insults about Jacob went... without any sort of reaction. That was a first, and it secretly bothered her that someone in this prison actually had thick skin and wasn't putting on an obviously fake smile for her as she poked fun at their every feature. Similarly to those individuals, she refused to show distaste or that she'd failed at her job of poking fun at a new employee. Though her attempt to boss him around and ridicule him wasn't going to work out, he did seem willing to shadow her and pick up the basics, her other offer about taking the next new inmate tour next week. She twirled her nightstick around her finger and smiled at his acceptance to her offer.

It seemed like Thesta was 'choosing' new guards to be inducted into the right side of the system. Was this some sort of preventative measure so that the many gifted beings on the earth wouldn't resort to crime? To ensure that they use their powers for good? And was the best way to do that really by surrounding them with people who use their powers for evil? Or was it more of a way to show them what could happen if they fall on the wrong side of the bars? Someone like the two of them, for instance, could easily have fallen into a life no different than the criminals around them had they not found refuge in some form of law enforcement. Hell, Valerie was an escort before she landed herself a job as a guard. Maybe this kind of recruitment was for the better.

"Good to know," she nodded. "So you're the smoker around here... Literally." She stared at him taking the cigarette into his fingers - since when was smoking allowed indoors? Perhaps some exception was made for him due to his ability to control the smoke itself. "I hear about new guards, but half of them, I hardly get to see, unfortunately. If you're stationed here in G, we might be seeing a lot of each other. Warden wants me around here more often than other places, mainly due to some... particularly nasty threats around here. I'll be sure to let you tag along on the next tour, though. Gotta go through all the new guards anyway. For now, I'd say you head home, get some rest. Tomorrow's gonna be a big day, getting the inmates used to the new routine. Can't show them any sign of weakness, and being tired is a sign of weakness..."

In all fairness, so was being cranky, but Valerie planned on fixing that soon. She leaned against the same wall as Jacob, just watching as some of the guards were ensuring all the cells were automatically locked, or just heading out to the locker room to prepare to leave. As head of security, it was Valerie's job to be last to leave, as a precaution to ensure everything is in order. So she'd be here a bit longer...

Direct Mentions: Foogels Foogels

|:| Location: Thesta Penitentiary, Gen-Pop Sector G |:|
|:| Date & Time: January 16th, 2018, at 6:00 AM |:|

|:| Jasper Bent & Valerie Masterson |:|

A new morning dawned upon Thesta Penitentiary, the first morning for the fresh batch of inmates dropped off as of the previous night. This early in the morning in a location like Thesta, it was still rather dark, with the sun barely showing itself. Either way, sunlight didn't really shine into many of the rooms in the prison, especially not the cells of gen-pop. The only light the inmates were getting was the fluorescent ones barely visible outside the locked cell doors. That glow was no sunrise, but it was all they'd get for a slow wake-up call. Soon, another light - the main ones in each cell - would flash on, along with another loud noise like the one that occurred when 'lights out' began, to signal the inmates to wake up from their first night in prison. The night was peaceful, with no unrest from any of the inmates, and the graveyard shift crew having nothing to do other than play cards and chat about their own affairs. One could hope the coming nights would be just as peaceful. The days, however, probably wouldn't. There were definitely complaints to come down the line, as there was already one the previous night, and the Warden or Valerie would have to get to resolving them before it ends in a prisoner riot or excessive guard displeasure.

The kitchen crew had already been woken up bright and early at 4AM with a flashlight to their eyes - probably waking up the other non-kitchen-duty cellmates, too - to be briefed about their jobs making food for the other inmates. They were briefed about the kitchen and its contents, and were supervised by a graveyard shift guard as they prepared what the inmates would eat this morning. As usual, any suspicious activity from these new cooks would be restrained and punished accordingly for the head of security to see to in the morning.

The head of security was the last one out the door last night - even after the Warden - and the first to come back to work the next morning. Six hours of sleep was all she needed to be functional the next day, but it wasn't so much the sleep that she needed as much as a one night stand... one she was unable to fulfill the past night. Now going on her seventh day without her unusual requirement fulfilled, she arrived at work just as cranky as she was yesterday, now truly fearing the weakness she'd experience in the next few days, and, if she doesn't get down someone's pants soon, death. She'd developed quite a horrible reputation among local clubs as the 'woman just looking to bang', and in others, 'just another whore'. With labels like that, getting someone to help her out in that department was becoming harder and harder by day, as people weren't even getting close to her so that she could hypnotize them. Her only hope was banging an inmate or a guard in the prison, one that was weak enough for her to exploit. And so far, the new guards didn't seem very... favorable.

After loading up with her utility belt, side-arm, and melee weapon of choice, Valerie left the guards locker room and headed to her post to wake up each and every set of inmates in each sector. One by one, she'd approach the intercom she'd given good-night messages to, turn the lights back on, resulting in yet another loud booming noise that would probably wake all the inmates up if the lights didn't, and deliver a new message, one that was just as annoying as the one the previous night just to piss the inmates off, and one special one to the new set of inmates (not counting the kitchen crew) in Sector G:

"Rise and shine, maggots. Beautiful day here in Thesta Penitentiary, where you'll be spending the rest of your lives to the soundtrack of my beautiful voice each and every morning. Cell doors are unlocked, and I suggest none of you slack off, get your big boy pants on, and come on out so we can escort you to the cafeteria. We get some food down your throats, then we get you situated at work. It's no good having you all mope around and do nothing, after all. Oh, and if you're not out of those cells fast, I'll come in there and drag y'all out. Easy task, right? You're not that stupid, I assume."

She returned the intercom to its place, locked it into the metal box it was in before, then turned over to the lower level hallway. She twirled her nightstick into her hands and approached each of the now-unlocked doors and gave each three pounds with the end of the stick, calling out loud, "Wakey, wakey, I shouldn't have to sing you a song, inmates. Wash your faces, brush your teeth, masturbate, whatever you gotta get done so you can be functional, and no slacking!"

All of this was done with Valerie's classic smile on her face as she watched through the windows of the door as some inmates got up, some more sluggish than others, and prepared themselves for a new day. The beginning of a not-so-pleasant end.

The lights and the booming noise was more than enough to make an unsuspecting Jasper throw himself up frantically, darting his sleepy gaze left and right, and the bright lights in front of him nearly blinding. What a wakeup call, huh? How does this woman have a job? Are there no humanitarian laws in Thesta? Or are those forfeited with people like us, as there's no precedent for people with powers... Judging by Valerie's words, there wasn't much time to even think about those thoughts. He could even hear her shrill voice from the lower floor yelling at other inmates. If staying out of trouble was going to be his number one priority, he better not make an enemy out of her. Being used to sudden wake-up calls for work, Jasper got over his initial sleepy stance and scooted closer to the far edge of his bunk. He fitted the prison slip-on shoes back on his feet and looked down from the height the floor. It appeared that his cellmate hadn't thrown herself out of bed just yet, so he couldn't ask her for help, and even if he could, he probably wouldn't as to not disturb her.

Still more questions about his cellmate loomed in his mind as he dreamed... as well as fears of what she could do if she breaks out of her mask. Worse... the general nightmares of prison that haunted him ever since he was arrested for the murder he didn't commit....

On the bright side, Nix seemed friendly. And Jasper has got to be bound to find another member of law enforcement of some sort in this massive compound... there had to be at least one other person like him.

He gazed down at the stepping stool he'd used - and feared he broke - last night. Now, after the entire night, he noticed that the toilet was moved slightly from its place, broken nearly entirely free from its rusted hinges. The guards obviously hadn't checked the cell or simply hadn't noticed, otherwise he and his cellmate might've been woke up to explain themselves. And Jasper would've hated to make an enemy out of Nix by getting her thrown in solitary for his own mistake. Seeing how flimsy their utilities were, he'd have to find another way to get to his bunk that wasn't hopping on their only way to use the bathroom.

Fortunately, hopping down from the bed wasn't hard, as he landed flat on his feet. He turned back at the damaged toilet, trying to see how visible the damage was. It all depended on how frequently cells were checked. Besides, the damage wasn't that bad, but what bugged Jasper the most...

That looks more like a crawl space than anything back there... why behind the toilet? Isn't it only supposed to be a wall and pipes? Or did Thesta get lazy in this department?

There wasn't much time for that. What if Valerie comes in and sees him slacking off? Not a risk he wanted to take. He walked over to the sink, which was in no better condition than the toilet, still squinting from the sleepy feeling, and opened the faucet. He placed his hands in a cup-like fashion to fill them with the cold water trickling down, then splash it on his face to help him wake up. One good splash ought to do it. A bit of the hair at the front of his hairline also got wet, but it wasn't anything he couldn't quickly dry with the bottom of the front of his shirt. He dried it off with a few rough rubs, then turned around back at his cellmate, who was probably also looking for a way to wash up.

"Oh, where are my manners," he smirked as he stepped away from the sink. It was odd to share a cell with a woman, unlike any other prison out there - again, must've been budget cuts or something - and Jasper, as a decent gentlemen, was going to treat her decently to avoid making a day-1 enemy. "You can wash up first. Just hope you didn't sleep too terribly. I've been told before when I was younger that I snore, but I'm not sure if that's still the case now."

After all, why not create morning conversation to make the suffering from Valerie just a bit more pleasant? It seemed like the siren didn't mind him doing most of the talking anyway. "Hanging in there?"

Mentions for Jasper: xDawn2463x xDawn2463x
Mentions for Valerie: (all) firebright24 firebright24 Zenpai Zenpai Sybil Sybil WillfulWren WillfulWren Dana Zane Dana Zane Athanas Athanas SmithingForCopper SmithingForCopper Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak BluEndings BluEndings St. Boethius St. Boethius Theflamre Theflamre xDawn2463x xDawn2463x sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams Foogels Foogels

Boethius’ day started much earlier than he was expecting, but it wasn’t unusual for his day to begin as early as 4:00. As a priest one of the requirements of his office was routine prayer at set hours in the day, known as the liturgy of hours. It usually started at 3:00 or dawn and ended at 9:00pm. Though without so much as a missal or a book of hours it seemed he would no longer be able to do his duty. Shaking off a rather terrible nightmare he had suffered the night before Boethius followed the guard out of the cell and to the kitchen no even thinking about the possible damage his late night episode did to the toilet. Once in the kitchen he had the opportunity to wash his hands and meet the others who were tasked with kitchen duty as they were given a run down of the kitchen. Boethius knee very well how to cook as it was one of the rotating responsibilities in the monastery were he and ten other friars and priests lived. Though it appeared that despite appearances the prison kitchen was much better stocked than he was used to. Severinus didn’t want to make anything too extravagant and once they were given free reign he decided to put his best into making a homey meal that just might bring comfort to those who ate it. It was a simple breakfast meal of what his father used to call SOS. Toasted bread torn up into pieces and drizzled in a sausage laden gravy. Simple, warm and spiced just as he remembered to bring a extra little bite to what could have been a bland meal. Once all the hard work was done and all that was left was waiting Boethius turned to one of the guards who had been watching them like a hawk since they started. “ I would like to offer everyone a gift for thier meal. To start everyone off right.” Boethius said as he tip toed around his request. “ I’d like to be able to use my ability to attempt to turn everyone’s water into wine.”
KasperXIII KasperXIII

Last edited:
Alasdair sighed when Valerie's voice came over the loudspeaker. "She sure has the grace of an intoxicated beluga whale," He grumbled under his breath. He hadn't been sleeping, but he would rather not hear her voice every morning. He dropped to the floor from his bunk and stretched his back, hearing a series of pops travel up his spine. He let out a more relaxed sigh. "Maybe breakfast won't be shit. We can only hope," He said out loud, not really caring if Faust heard him or not.

Sith had gotten up at 4 AM to prepare breakfast for the other inmates. It shouldn't be that hard, considering she had more than once prepared meals for an entire house of women. She saw that another man had arrived before her and had already started working on a part of the meal. He then began to request using his powers. She shook her head slightly. She doubted the prison staff would allow it, considering that they were all criminals one way or another. She decided to go with something a little more simple and classic. She began to make scrambled eggs, adding enough salt and pepper to make it flavorful, but not overpowering and disgusting. She had to make enough to feed all of the prisoners, so she cooked until she thought there was enough.

David knocked on the door to the warden's office before entering. "Sir? I was wondering when counseling and therapy will be open for the new inmates." He was usually a bit nervous around Brookes, a room always seemed a bit colder when he was in it, and his office was no exception. He shuffled his feet a bit in his anxiety.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

[ Elizabeth Cruentus - Inmate ]

Elizabeth made sure her displeasure was liberally conveyed by groaning for an almost impressive duration. Her disdain turned even more sour as Valerie's amplified voice stabbed at her eardrums, so much so that Elizabeth got out of bed in record time from waking up just from sheer irritation.
Moments later, Valerie's voice sounded out again, this time in all it's crisp unharmoniousness, up from the lower level.

"-Wash your faces, brush your teeth, masturbate, whatever you gotta get done so you can be functional, and no slacking!"

After making a mental note to never glance inside other cells during mornings, Elizabeth rubbed at her eyes and shuffled toward the bathroom. It didn't look like Alice was up yet, so Elizabeth took her sweet time washing up. The bathrooms themselves weren't nearly as refreshing as the suite bathrooms back in Romania, and Elizabeth noted frivolously all the details she would complain about to someone in charge later.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

|:| Valerie Masterson |:|

In response to Severinus' odd request, one that's reply was pretty much known if the inmate were to ask any higher authority, the guard looked... surprised. Since when would an inmate find it remotely acceptable to ask to serve wine to inmates, let alone remove his inhibitor to turn water into wine. Wasn't the answer pretty obvious? Or was a man of the cloth given certain privileges? Giving morning prayers was one thing, but making miracles? Wasn't that exactly what this prison was supposed to prevent? Genuinely confused, he arched and eyebrow and crossed his eyes. At least things became interesting after an otherwise boring night.

"Huh... let me just run this by a higher ranking CO real quick. Because I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to ever have that off, and I wasn't given specific instructions to allow that."

Following protocol to the dotted I's and crossed T's, the guard picked up his radio, hooked to his utility belt, flickered a dial on the side of it, and spoke with his mouth directly on the microphone. He was going to ask right in front of Boethius, and he'd be able to hear Valerie's response, too.

"Officer Masterson."

"What is it?" Her voice seemed irritated, all of a sudden, as a change from her sarcastic overtone around the inmates as she banged on their doors and insulted them.

"We got priest boy here who wants his inhibitor turned off. He wants to turn water into wine or something. Must be some religious thing, or a first day blessing? A gift? Damned if I know."

There was a pause on Valerie's end. Silence. The guard looked back and forth between the priest and the device in his hand... until loud, hysterical laughter came from the radio. And it wasn't short or respectful. The head of security was laughing like a hyena and banging her nightstick on the nearest cell door (fortunately, no one of ours). She was unable to breathe for a moment from how hard she was laughing, as she coughed as well. The guard smirked at how his superior broke out into laughter as a response.

"I think you have your answer, Boethius," he uttered, trying not to chuckle along for the sole sake of going along with Valerie.

But the head of security had much more to say. "You're kidding, right? I gotta say, that's pretty rich and got my day starting off right. That priest wants me to take his inhibitor off so he can turn water into wine? What's next? He's gonna walk out of Thesta on a donkey, walk on water, and cure cancer to show his holiness to the world? Or multiply our bread and fish for all the inmates to end world hunger? Or does he just wanna take some bible verse out of context to get laid in here? Don't make me fucking laugh." Valerie had no boundaries, going all out as disrespectful as she could possibly be. "Tell the priest that he can take whatever precious candle or chalice he has and shove it right up his ass. He seriously thinks he can get away with serving wine to inmates... Maybe to me and the Warden along with a martini, but we'll see about that. Masterson out."

After going on a tangent and mocking Boethius, she placed her radio back into its place. Such an attitude of negativity towards Christianity almost seemed natural for Valerie. Was it because her lustful drive contradicted Christian values? Or was it just her demonic ancestry that made it almost instinctual? Though 100% human, it didn't take away that her great great grandfather was technically a demon, after all...

Back in the kitchen however, the amused grin on the guard's face was difficult to hide as he shrugged. The inmate heard it all, from the laughter to the joke about martinis. He did wipe the smile off his face and returned to a more stern, serious approach. "Guess you got your answer, inmate. Now back to work."

Direct Mentions: St. Boethius St. Boethius

|:| Edward Brookes |:|

Not long after Valerie had arrived, so did the Warden. As a security precaution, he typically wouldn't leave and enter the prison through the usual entrance, but rather through a back door that lead to the offices of the prison, including his own and ones for some of the higher-ranking guards. It was simply a way that he wouldn't have to interact with many of the inmates when going or coming. It was also a manner for him to keep some of his more unsettling ice abilities off the record, in case something out of his control slips on his way out. All the more safe to ensure he doesn't get the melting treatment like his mistress did. He entered his quarters wearing his usual black overcoat, fedora, and walking stick - he didn't have issues walking even if he'd taken a bullet to the thigh in his war days, but he liked it simply for the aesthetic of having a cane. His office was as untouched as it always was, apart from the dent in the door that Annabelle had cause the other night. He'd have to make a call to get that fixed later.

On top of that, he had a call to make with his private doctor in order to run more tests on his abnormal form of homeostasis. This doctors would enter from the back door as well, and the Warden would ask not to be disturbed during this time. It was a surprise enough that none of his trusted staff had grown suspicious, especially not a more omniscient character like Pisha, but it might just be for the better that no one knows or looks too far into it.

Mornings were often met with peace and quiet for the Warden, but on a day with new inmates, things tend to become rather chaotic with changes that may be in order. For example, the vampire situation in gen-pop sector G, or the mix-up with inmates between G and F. That was a paperwork nightmare on his own, one half handled by him, the other by Valerie and the guard who made the mistake. He dialed his air conditioning on to the lowest setting, as always, hung his overcoat and fedora on the coat rack by the door, and approached his desk to enjoy the quiet and see whatever was left for him from the graveyard crew.

Odd... nothing new. These new inmates must be really behaving themselves. What a surprise.

As he took a look at his nearly vacant desk, a few light taps came from his door as he called out, "Come in." Then entered the therapist, David. The doctor entered with a shiver and clearly nervous, as if he were in trouble. However, he wasn't in trouble and didn't bear bad news. He was simply asking about when therapy would commence. "Come on in, Doctor Gordon." He gestured towards his cushioned chairs in front of his desk as he took a seat in his own, higher, leather one behind his desk.

"We still need to complete psych eval's for some of the new inmates, some of the more unstable ones that we were informed about mental disorders," the Warden explained. "This will be completed around 6 PM today when the time for rituals and AA meetings take place. Some inmates will have compulsory appointments at regular intervals, while others will be open to come whenever they wish to talk to someone. Just keep in mind that you should regulate the impromptu meetups, as there are some inmates who take priority and need more focus. I'm sure a professional like yourself can manage that well, am I right?"

The Warden's smile could be noticed through his thickening mustache, pleased by the presence of a man like David arriving at a time like this. It gave him company, and he wanted the therapist to feel a bit more comfortable around him. Though Edward was his superior, he had a liking for most of his higher-ranking staff.

Direct Mentions: Zenpai Zenpai

Silver Ferae
She hadn't been too bothered by the early wake up call - she had been awake anyway, fidgeting and whining about the constant pain her inhibitor brought. The distraction was almost welcomed - until she actually got to the kitchen. It was full of things she didn't understand and people she didn't know... It made her feel cornered and scared.

Silver hung around at the back of the group, banging pots and pans together in an attempt to look busy whenever she felt the guard's attention on her. Her ears pricked up - quite literally - at the wine incident, and she sidled closer to the priest.
"Hey, what's wine?"

St. Boethius St. Boethius

David sat down on the chair indicated by the warden. He listened with his hands clasped in front of him in an attempt to avoid nervous fidgeting. The smile made him relax slightly and his rigid posture loosened a bit. "Yes, I'm confident that I can handle them. I have a few ideas on inmates that should need counseling more than others. I have four of the new arrivals in mind specifically." He had been looking through a few of the new inmates' files. A few had caught his attention and he thought they would be most in need of his assistance. "Jasper Bent, Severinus Boethius, Kala Domsen, and Alasdair Linwood. They all seem to have traumatic pasts and I'm hoping I can get them to open up a little. I also considered Scarlett Felis."

KasperXIII KasperXIII

[ Faust - Inmate | Height: 1'1" ]

Just a few moments ago Faust had been strewn across the lower bunk, breathing via a soft whistling. The blissful slumber stood no chance against the sudden, obtrusive noise of the lights turning on. In response, he flew up into a particularly laughable pose muttering nonsense, "I'm warning you! I... don't actually know any form of martial arts..."

His arms dropped to each side, and his shoulders loosened as he took a look around. He rubbed his eyelids briefly and let out a guttural groan. The otherwise usual soft minty-green skin of his body was rugged a frayed in visible patches, allowing some rosiness to peak through. It looked as if his entire body had been scrapped along asphalt, and then weeds had sprung out from the cuts. This was pretty much his version of bedhead. It normally didn't get this bad, but the conditions of his place weren't very ideal for things like sunlight and fresh air. They probably hadn't bothered with any additional accommodations because it wouldn't be lethal at this rate, and the only inconvenience was to Faust himself.

Before he could take any action he realized the obnoxious blaring wasn't just obtrusive noise but the intercom transferring the voice of the devil herself. He hadn't completely woke up until the last half, so hopefully it hadn't covered anything too important. Basically they just had to get ready for food, work, and make it snappy; plus the usual verbal abuse. They didn't have to tell him twice. He could really use some food in his system if he was going to operate in such a somber, colorless place.

Taking an ample breathe, he released a grating yawn and stepped down from the bunk. Only it wasn't a step, but a plummet since he had forgotten his size predicament. If he wasn't awake before, he surely was now. He coughed into his hand, and wiped away the leaking blood from his forehead without a word. Then he slowly waddled his way towards the sink, remembering for the first time since he awoke that there was another person in the room. Alasdair had dropped down from the top bunk nearly throwing Faust off balance, and made a remark about the food. Faust tried not to respond but sadly, he had no restraint, "You think they'll give me the same portions as everyone else? Or do they account for the size of the inmate?"

"No, no, don't answer that," Faust grimaced. "That was uh, rhetorical....? You did say we both are as clueless as the other, so I guess you wouldn't really know. ...Also watch your step. I may have bled a bit on the floor, and let me tell you that stuff stains lik—"

He covered his mouth with his hands, and quickly shuffled towards the sink until he reached the convenient steps for his ease of access. It took some effort to get the thing open and running, but once it had the water came out like a torrent. Seriously, the thing didn't seem to have any middle ground—either it was drops, or full blast. Talk about cheap. Not having much choice, Faust leaned in and let the water run along his clothing. The unpleasant seams along his skin had sealed up, but now he was completely drenched. He really hadn't thought this through much.

He swung around with a uneasy grin, "So uh, what were we talking about again?"

Zenpai Zenpai (Alasdair)

Last edited:
---NIX---
Bright lights had awoken Nix from a ruckus of a sleep. For moments, she lay their unmoving whilst mostly ignoring Valrie’s speech. Instead, she gazed up from beneath the top bunk, looking at the lights of Gen-pop that had awoken her. Bright unnecessary things, reminding her less of the soft glow of the light of an Anglerfish, and more like the harsh flash of an electrical boat light out in the open sea. The only difference was that the boats and their luminous lights didn’t belong in her ocean, whereas stood beneath the lights here it was the she and inmates that didn’t belong here in Gen-pop, and the harsh glare of these lights will be a forever reminder of that.

Nix finally sought to sit up. Releasing a throaty muffled groan in displeasure at the ache in her neck, her hand going to massage the back of her neck as she hung her head. The mask was an absolute pain, though she was in a prison, after all, things weren’t meant to be comfortable. With that in mind. Nix rose from her bedside. Jasper was already up, washing his face when she looked in his direction. He seemed to notice her, and politely offered for her to wash up.

Though it was extremely nice of him, Nix did worry his mannerisms might get him in trouble. Prison clearly was a tough place, and its obvious to her that people don’t uphold the same morals here as they do in the outside world. Then again, she just met him, maybe he was only being nice to herself cause she was his roommate.

The thought diminished when she remembered he had asked about how she slept. Though she had trouble responding to his mention of snoring, she decided to keep it simple with a shake of her head, eyes crinkling up with a small smile. Though a hand went to the muscle between her back and neck, massaging it again as she moved over to the toilet. She turned Jasper again and nodded, answering his question, not wanting to be rude, before making a hand gesture with her finger, indicating for him to turn around.

She’d then be allowed to do her duty, wash her face and step away again, so he could go, moving over to put on her shoes to busy herself.

KasperXIII KasperXIII

Alasdair shrugged. "You were talking about how you might've bled somehow and that it stains," He said. "I don't really care if I get a few stains on this shitty uniform." He started walking towards the door. "We should probably get going before psycho-bitch shoves a nightstick up our asses." He looked back at Faust. He probably didn't need to eat as much as the rest of them, but he should still get the same portions. The kitchen staff doesn't judge how much food a person gets, they're just there to do their jobs and serve food.

BluEndings BluEndings

Alice practically fell out of bed. She was mumbling and groaning the whole way. If only she could stay on her room and sleep the day away. Maybe she could pretend she wasn’t in this hell hole. Elizabeth was in the bathroom so Alice combed her fingers through her hair and rubbed her sleepiness out of her eyes. She longed for some better clothes. To be ready for the bathroom opening up she tugged off her shirt, so as to not get it wet when she washed her face.

When Elizabeth left the bathroom Alice took her turn to walk it and wash her face. She took her time enjoying the feel of the water on her skin. She then brushed her teeth and pulled her shirt back on.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Dyani's eyes soon open as she yawns "I-it's great to sleep on a bed for once than on the cold ground while outside." she said as she got off the bunk and looked around as she drowsily checked on kyra who was probably still asleep as she then moved to the front of the cells to look at the other inmates and the turns back toward the beds. She then got back onto the top bunk and proceeds to wait for wardens orders or something.
Mentions/Interaction: Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back