• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Yule Ball (A Companion RP to The Four Courts) (ON HIATUS UNTIL HOLIDAY 2020)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Kolm couldn't hide his smirk of amusement as Aquilla seemed flustered by his appearance. He strode up so that he would be standing alongside her, one hand still holding his own champagne glass while the other fell along his side.

"Sometimes I still wish that I'd arranged myself in the Ignis court," he said with a sigh. "If only because I would enjoy working alongside the hilarity that is your maester, among other reasons"–he turned a slight smile onto Aquilla–"but Somnum suits me well. I have been able to tame my magic by leaps and bounds, thanks to the tutelage of Professor Nero. I feel that I can be myself again, something that I haven't been able to do in years."

He raised one dark brow when she'd asked what he was doing here. "Why wouldn't I be here? A grand ball, in my hometown, in the Grand Cathedral that is traditionally barred from frequenting? Count me in! Even a somber, brooding individual such as myself needs to have some fun, right?"

He was rather charismatic that day, uncharacteristically so. He seemed truly cheerful, which was probably foreign to Aquilla from previous encounters over the few months since they'd met. He'd gestured toward her. "I am surprised that you haven't joined in the festivities and are instead alone. Is something on your mind?"

----------

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

A small giggle came from Mabel as Jynn drew her toward the party. "You give me and my opinions too much credit," Mabel said, biting her lip. "Maybe it is time that you start accepting praise instead of being so humble, dear Vivifica mage of mine!"

She felt Jynn's fingers intertwine with hers, which she squeezed back as they strode further into the fray. "That's good. There are certainly many new faces," Mabel remarked, waving over at Elder Javier as he stacked presents high on his head for a crowd of laughing children. "Everyone is so happy. I wish it could be like this all of the time."

A gasp escaped her as they entered the Great Hall, where the dancing and Santa Kai was taking place. She sidestepped away from the Santas so that she wouldn't be in the line of fire, clutching Jynn's arm closer to her side as she did so. "Do you know either of them?" she asked.

(Sorry, just these two tonight. Will post for the others tomorrow)

Jynn wraps his arm around Mabel’s back to keep her out of the way of the Santas. The Priestess then show curiosity in the supposed to be jolly characters’ identities. Upon closer inspection of their auras, Jynn was quick to figure out who one of them was. “My senses tell me that the muscular one is Daruk. I’m not sure who the other is.”

As soon as they moved away from the Santa Kai, Jynn playfully bowed to Mabel with one hand holding hers, like a knight to his princess. “Would you care for a short dance, my Priestess?”
(Will post for Dawson later)

Arkane chuckled. He had to hide his smile behind his lips. He watched as he went ahead and even refreshed his drunk, whatever it was. He looked down at his suit, nodding at Pali. "Thank you. I was hoping that it fit well." He muttered, taking a sip of his now refreshed drink. Maybe more alcohol could work and flush away the remainders of whatever poison his drink had been spiked with. "I did not expect to see you in such outfit, that much I will admit. It does not look bad, though." He said, shaking his head. "I believe Everyth is here as well. She should be around." He added, looking around. He still felt odd with short hair...but he did not allow himself to linger on it. It was a new year. New beginnings.
---
b56f172abdb90761048aed0fee277bf0.jpg

Last edited:
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Everyth was pleased to be whisked away, one hand on Arun's shoulder while the other held his hand tightly. She wouldn't have guessed that Arun wasn't skilled in dancing, as he seemed to be keeping up with the others well. He seemed quite confident and sure-footed, causing Everyth to turn a rare smile on him.

"Well said," Everyth agreed, rotating at Arun's cue before settling herself back in step with her dance partner. "I believe there are also still lingering hurt feelings over the Big Bridge and Umbra 'lazing about while Ignis did all the hard work for little pay.' Since the dawn of the courts there have been rivalries between us, but I am not the only Umbral mage feeling that this should end. What do you think, Arun?"

When asked if she were awaiting someone her eyes darted toward the door momentarily, before meeting Arun's eye. "Of course not. Who would I be waiting for? Why is everyone assuming that someone would want to meet with me?"

------

Elrandir Elrandir

The elf's gaze shifted toward Rabiyu, his expression shifting toward indifference. "Lady Eli," he started, giving her a polite nod and setting his glass down on the table beside him. "We meet again, and thankfully under better circumstances than that of last time."

When she'd remarked on his lack of socializing he couldn't keep back his laugh. "Ah, I tried to socialize, and that backfired rather horribly," he confessed. "My nephew thought it wise to introduce me as the man whom murdered his mother, and I was able to bear witness to an exchange that I should've been hanged rather than spared. It was great fun, that, but I figured it'd be more fun to watch everyone dance than relive my mistakes, wouldn't you?"

Despite the bitterness and sarcasm of his tone, he offered Eli a smile, standing up straighter and gesturing toward the table containing an array of drinks, seeming quite delighted in changing the subject.

"Can I get you something, my lady?"

(working on a combined post with Endless for Mabel)

{???}
"No, get your own damn water." The young lady answered Jari.
Obviously bored, she walked away, humming a tune. This place was strange. She had intended to visit some friends back...well, she guessed she would have to call it home, wouldn't she? But here she was in a place she had never been before for reasons she didn't know. She had to admit this was basically business as usual in here travels, she just wished it would stop being boring.
That's about when she caught sight of a familiar face.
"Hello, love!" Lacuna greeted, her lips parting for a wicked grin.
Mako Koyl spewed out her egg nog, likely over anyone near by, and looking at the Void Witch with a mix of shock and horror.
"Fancy meeting you here." Lacuna continued.
Now this could get interesting.

{Gerik Lockford: on his walk, encountering Valery}
Gerik breathed in the crisp, cool air and enjoyed it. It had been too stuffy in his makeshift office. This was exactly what he needed. An invigorating walk, then back to work. What was wrong with that? He pretty much had his answer to that when he turned a corner and found Valery waiting for him. A look of surprise was on his face for an instant, but it was quickly replace with a friendly smile. He tipped his hat to the Vivifca Warden and tried to pass her.
"You can't keep ignoring...me." Valery said, with some difficulty, like she had to concentrate on each word.
"Oh, can't I?" Gerik replied. "You underestimate me, my dear."
She grabbed his arm to prevent him from moving on.
"Why di-" Valery began, trying to form the right words.
Gerik interrupted her by placing a finger on her lips with a free hand. The Vivifca Mage fell silent, but she didn't seem happy about it.
"Don't waste your breath." He said softly. "Somethings are best left buried. Now, let me go."
As if not by her own will, Valery's grip on Gerik loosened. He pulled his arm out and continued on his way.
"So." he thought as he quickened his pace. "That's what's wrong with the walk."

Arun would hum. "Of course there are many that believes that the rivalries should end. It is anything but beneficial to be so secretive against one another. Especially when we share a combined goal to keep the people safe from the very magic that has made this world what it is. However, there is some healthy outcome of these rivalries, if one is to think about it. We challenge each other to be better." He watched her react to his question, and he would give the lightest of shrugs. "My apologies. It was not my intention to offend." He admitted. It merely took him a second to get right back up and find a reason of why he would be asking such a question. He had to be a quick thinker, his father reminded him. If he was not a quick thinker, then he would be beat to it. "When I saw you, you were alone. It was merely odd to see someone of your stature to be alone in a situation as this, is all." He admitted, offering a sympathetic smile. "Looking as dashing as you are, I would have guessed half of the guests would have asked for your hand to dance already. I merely assumed you were waiting for someone to be left alone as it is...my apologies." In other words, 'someone as pretty as you was alone. Maybe you were waiting on someone for it to be so'. Or something along those words. Smoothish bastard.

Jari blinked in confusion, replacing his hand to his side and ignoring the desire to tilt his head when she walked off.

"What a strange person," he muttered to himself. "Suffice it to say she's not staff, though she could learn a thing or two of manners from them."

He did not exactly follow where she went, but it was high time to leave the crowd of children that rapidly grew more and more vacant from the roiling Santa Kai. Daruk and Invidia were still going at it, but it was obvious that the one with the more proper Santa outfit -- even if it now was clear that both were definitely not the true jolly man. In fact, it seemed like Maester Daruk was losing this battle in both ground and standing.

"Oh, you've done it now," the red-headed mage bellowed. It was clear that he was getting more and more fired up from the veins popping forth from his forehead. "If I can't knock you down one way, I'll floor you another! That seat is mine!"

Yep, things were happening as one could expect with the Maester, excepting the fact that someone is actually holding their own against him. Jari turned his eyes toward a rather peculiar sight of pointed ears. Elves? Do those even exist outside of story books? Regardless of whether they did or not, those ears were definitely pointed. Perhaps he would start up a conversation with them.

Slicking back his hair and smoothing his raggedy tail, he strolled up to the group containing Rabiyu and Yevgeni, but not before serving himself a cupful of water. What a kooky woman that was.

"Hi! I'm Jari," he started up towards the bunch. "Aren't you gonna dance? You look like you'd be good for ea . . . well, uh, that is to say . . . uh, hi! I'm Jari. I like your ears."

As usual, public speaking with more than a few people jammed up his tongue. It was easier with people he knew, but two complete strangers that seemed eerily familiar . . . and novel-esque? That was a challenge.

-- -- --

Pali glanced about, scanning the crowds with an "oh gosh, where?" look. He also kept an eye out for Jimbette, though she was nowhere to be found. Perhaps his intimidation tactic worked, though he wondered about that. It was best to stick with Arkane for the remainder of the night. Heavens knows what she would do to him.

"Yes, Everyth would be here, wouldn't she? I do wonder if that infatuated and passionate Ignis beau of hers will show up or not, or if he will just smoulder that burning heart within her chest. Better him than me, though I pity the girl. He seems more a man of the shadows than one who would show at a Christmas ball. How about yourself, Arkane? You changed your look drastically, especially regarding your . . ."

He trailed off, instead having his hair grow longer and straighter like what Arkane's was like. My, what weight hair had.

Arkane felt his cheeks flush softly. He was still insecure about the haircut. "I think I saw Everyth dancing with one of the mages from Ignis. I do not know if it is who you speak." He admitted, moving a strand of his hair behind his ear. "Well, it is a new year. I had never cut my hair before. But after such events and years...I have gotten over some of my own personal trails...I can finally let go. New year. New beginning." He admitted. It was more of a stylistic choice. Years of mourning and regrets were finally behind him, and he was starting anew. He was over his past, his sorrows, his moruning. He was ready for a new life and happiness to come. "Does...it look bad?" He asked, for once sounding insecure.

The redness grew across her face. “R-Right! I forgot that you originated from here. Im sorry for asking a ridiculous question.” She bowed apologetically. She shifted around awkwardly. “How is Somnum? I understand that they can be a bit elitist in terms of access and entry.” Aquilla was brought flashes of her own examination for somnum. She decided not to immediatly address his ignis statement.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"Ah, so the Prince, or is it King? is here too? That's quite surprising. I wonder who, then, is taking care of the city of Kilkis Seres while the ruler is in a party in a faraway land," Eli said calmly, "and I agree it was rather, what is the word. . . rude, to have you introduced as the murderer of his mother. It seems that he still not quite ready to be king. He rules by blood and birthright, unlike those of the Northern Lands, but I digress."
It was at that point that Yevgeni offered to get a drink for her. She smiled.
"Some Miruvor would be fine, but I doubt humans of this land possess something made by elves, especially a drink," she said as she shook her head, "but perhaps some champagne would be alright. It's not like us elves can be affected by alcohol, after all."
-------------

Diane listened to Vincent's words. It was a good thing that he was working alongside with the local police to develop new systems to aid with any magical related problems, such as the automaton from quite some time ago. That had been quite interesting, mostly because it was the first time she had interacted with Vincent.
"Well, it seems that you have been quite busy then, Vincent. I'm glad for you. This will truly help to keep any magic related issues under control, or, at least, help the local police to handle them more efficiently," she said.
Dancing was quite an interesting activity. Back in the day, when she was alive, she used to love reading and dancing. Not like there was a lot of things to do. Things had changed with the passing of the centuries. She had taken a liking to dancing, music and art, but books were still her biggest passion. Vincent made her give a twirl before taking her back into his arms, this made her feel as if she was floating.
"Me? Well, as you already know, secrecy is part of my trade, but to be honest, I've been keeping up with my job. Being the guardian of the Umbra Court and the land around it can be tiring, but also quite rewarding," Diane said, "I'm happy with keeping the grounds safe from any possible threat if that means that the students get to keep up learning and be better."

A dual post for Mabel and Jynn

Purple for Mystics (Mabel)
Blue for me (Jynn)

A smile crossed Mabel's face, curiosity replacing her concern at the Santa Kai fighters. "I wonder if the maester is doing this for sport, then," she mused, following as Jynn led her away from the fighting. "He does certainly like to put on a good show."

She was slightly taken aback by the formality of Jynn's proposal. Still gripping Jynn's hand, her gaze shifted from his hesitantly as she mumbled. "I have never been asked to dance before. I am not sure if I would know how, but I would like to try if it is with you."

Jynn becomes a little nervous in response to Mabel’s concerns. He himself has only observed dancing, but he never tried it himself. “Alright....... I’ve observed some dances, but I’ve never used my observations myself.....” Nervously, he swallows hard. From what he saw from those in the ballroom dancing, the men had one hand holding their partners’ hand, while the other is placed on their side.

Jynn does exactly that, keeping Mabel’s hand in his grip, and he places his free hand on her side. He looks into her eyes. “A.... are you ready?”

The priestess nodded, casting him a smile and grasping his hand in hers. She would allow him to guide her along the dance floor, knowing that it was the man to lead the dance and not the woman. Perhaps she knew more about dancing than she believed, as Jynn would find her mumbling something to herself, counting the waltz silently and timing her footsteps accordingly.

With Mabel’s consent, Jynn begins to slowly move his feet right and then left to the music. He makes sure to not step on Mabel’s feet with each sway. It wasn’t as advanced as some of the other dancers on the floor yet, but it was definitely proving to be a good start up. He has a feeling that maintaining a conversation is also a necessary part of the dance. “I hope I’m doing okay...... so far?”

"Um." Mabel glanced down at their feet, pausing in place because she lost count of her steps. She bites her lip, before swaying with Jynn's lead again. "You're doing well! Sorry. I'm not very good at this."

She stole a glance over her shoulder, trying to instead focus on the pattern of their movements rather than a pattern in her head. "Do you think everyone is enjoying themselves?"

The mage starts to feel a bit more comfortable with the dance, and starts to engage with the conversation. “It’s okay. It’s my first time too. I’m glad we’re able to learn with each other.” As they talked, Jynn almost unknowingly keeps his pace, slowing down for Mabel whenever she needed to keep up. “Well, Daruk certainly seems to enjoy himself. Then again, when DOESN’T he?” Jynn looks into her eyes. “You don’t....... feel like everyone isn’t, do you?”

Mabel shook her head, her hand slipping from Jynn's shoulder to his upper arm. "It's not that, exactly. More just that I want everyone to enjoy themselves. We are faced with grim times, especially with the emergence of the Tenebris court. I just want everyone happy, for once, undivided by courts and supreme laws."

She lifted her chin, eyes locking with that of the Vivifica mage. "Do you feel that I am being extreme?"

Jynn’s hand slides towards Mabel’s back, gently pulling her closer to him, attempting to comfort her. “I understand your worries. But I think everyone here is having fun so far! I also think this event will bring everyone closer together, perhaps creating unlikely allies.” He keeps his eyes facing hers. “I don’t think you’re being extreme.”

"Perhaps." Doubt still lingered in Mabel's eyes, though she tried to mask her concerns with a smile. After twirling from Jynn, full skirt billowing about her, Mabel allowed herself to be drawn close as she said softly: "Just for tonight, let us play make believe. Let's pretend that I am not the high priestess of Regalia, and you are not the heir of Vivifica. We are both free from that which restricts us. What do you suppose we would do?"

Jynn watches as Mabel twirl away from him, before returning to the mage, asking what they would do for tonight, pretending they were not bound to their roles. There were many things racing through his head. What could they do? He aims his smile towards her. “What if we attach Mel to a sleigh, and go for a sleigh ride?”

Mabel scrunched up her nose in a wide smile. "That would be so much fun! I would very much enjoy that." Initially she thought Jynn was joking, but after studying him a moment she realized that he was serious in his intent, causing her eyes to widen. "Wait, you mean we really can?"

Jynn nods. “Sure! Why not?” He holds her hands again. “What’s Christmas without a one-horse open sleigh ride?” He looks around. Not a whole lot of eyes were on the two. “When do you wish to go?”

"Well, I hadn't thought about that," Mabel admitted, biting her lower lip. She too shot a glance around the ballroom, chiefly upon noticing Jynn doing so. She wondered if there were something that caught his eye, or perhaps he was just taking in the scene.

"I have a surprise event to announce," Mabel informed him, tone lower so that only he could hear. "But after that I would love to slip away."

Jynn nods in response to Mabel’s suggestion. Although, he does wonder what this “special event” was. Regardless, Jynn was excited of the prospect of taking her on a sleigh ride. “Alright Mabel. I look forward to the ride!” He holds her hand with one of his, and bows. “And thank you for the dance!”

Her expression held her excitement. She offered the Vivifica heir a curtsy, one hand gripping her voluminous skirts while the other still held Jynn's. "The pleasure was mine, Jynn." She drew away, offering him a slight grin. "I think you'll like what I have in store!"

And with that, the high priestess traipsed off, moving toward the front of the ballroom where the orchestra was playing.

Pali breathed out a contented sigh at the thought of Everyth's being occupied. He was loath to admit it, but the girl filled him with at least some semblance of unease ever since the ride to the capital. At least the chance that she met up with that Ignis mage will give him some time free from her onerous gaze.

"It looks different," the elder Umbra remarked, swirling his whole hand and causing his hair to retract back into itself, "but not bad. Some might consider your new look very much handsome. Also, that is a joyous luxury. The getting over your hurdles, I mean. For someone who has lived a long life, the hurdles are great and the requisites to complete them challenging. My compliments, Arkane."

Vincent felt a bit proud of his job. At first they would look at him suspiciously. Change was scary, especially after the events of the automaton. However, after some coercing, trials, and getting them to try the tools out, they became much more open to having a stranger to aid in such things. Especially a stranger from the courts. He was no mage, but he could help in some way. As he heard of her secrecy, he could not help but to chuckle. "Of course. I do not expect you to break such vow of secrecy. You have a tendency to keep such secrets hidden from your eyes, as well." He added. Diane was a natural at dancing. Her steps were fluid. "The Umbra court younglings are lucky to have you around. I can only guess the times that you have caught one or two of them beyond curfew, however." He mused. I want to spend more time with you, came to mind, but he knew better than to speak it out. Oh! He had almost forgot! "Oh yes. I almost forgot. I made you a present." He admitted. He pulled Diane off the dance floor. He cleared his throat and reached into his jacket, offering what looked to be a metal box with a nice bow on top. It was exquisitely decorated with fine craftsmanship. Inside contained a butterfly and flower. When charged up, the box would play music, the flower spin, and the butterfly flap its wings. "I do not know if you have birthdays. But it was more than a year since we met..." He trailed off.

---

---

Arkane felt his cheeks flush and he would nod, smiling at the compliment and the congratulations. "Thank you!" He chimed, rather content with himself about it at that. "It has been a long year. But I am determined to make the coming years better!" He insisted, a shine to his eyes. "Pali! Want to dance?" He asked, setting aside his drink. He was full of confidence now, no point in being shy.

Last edited:

Dancing with Vincent felt like the best time Diane had ever had in a long, long while. Her routine was to keep eyes around the court grounds and make sure no intruder made any problems. All while staying away from everyone. It was kinda lonely, but that feeling had been dulled with the passing of the years.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that, Vincent. I suppose it just comes as something natural to me after so many years," Diane answered as she looked away for a moment, "but if keeping the younglings safe means that I have to stay in the shadows, then so be it. It's for their own good."

Both danced in silence for a couple of minutes, until Vincent pulled Diane away from the dance floor. Apparently he had forgoten that he had a present for the Umbra mage. A box. A beautiful box decorated with fine craftsmanship. She looked at it for a moment before opening, only to reveal a butterfly and a flower inside. She could see a small device on it, and when charged up, the box would play a very pretty song. This was a very impressive and beautiful music box, one that Vincent had made for her.

For a moment, the young looking woman stared at the box as it was playing its tune, her eyes distant and her face without any hint of emotion. She used to love music boxes once, a long time ago. They made her remember the two most important people in her life. Her life before she became what she currently was. She could remember the good times, the bad ones, the bonds she had made, and that would always be part of her until the very end of her days. She looked at Vincent and smiled. A very genuine and carefree smile.

"This is beautiful, Vincent, thank you very much. It makes me think of more peaceful and happy days. I will treasure it for the rest of my life, and each time I see or hear it, I will think of you," she said as she gently kissed the young man's cheek, "As for my birthday? I was born on the last day of the year, so I guess this counts as an early birthday present."

Diane looked in the direction of the great christmas tree in the entrance, where all the presents were resting under the tree. Then she turned to Vincent once more.

"I got you a present too. I don't know much about good presents, but considering how talented you are with building things, I managed to obtain a set of very rare tools, Magitek tools to be precise, very helpful and able to enfuse items with arcane properties," she said calmly, "perhaps, when the ball is almost over, I could take you to pick it up from under the christmas tree. I'm sure they will prove useful to you when you are building your next invention."

Elrandir Elrandir

Yevgeni's smile turned into more of a grimace at the mention of Kilkis Seres' king. He turned his back momentarily to pour Eliltari a glass of champagne, the bubbly liquid fizzing as he did so. "Indeed, Jynn is king, for better or worse. The people adore him; he has his mother's trait of charming everyone with a smile, and he is good at staying true to his promises."

It surprised him that such positivity could escape his lips about his nephew. Despite his bitter feelings toward him, he also felt an ounce of pride at what Jynn had become. How Shiva would be so proud as well.

"As for the kingdom's caretaker, I wouldn't a guess, as I have been banished from the land." He handed her the glass carefully, having held the glass between his thumb and index finger. "But I hear that Jynn has advisors now, so who knows who has been left in charge? I only hope that word of his departure doesn't spread, as there's, ah, many enemies of our young king."

His emerald eyes glittered amusedly at the mention of the elvish beverage Eliltari craved. "Ah, what fine taste. Mirror. Sadly, no, the closest that they have is this . . . concoction. I don't precisely like it, but it cleanses the palate and gives me something to sip while staring at everyone having a good time."

He leaned back against the table casually, propping an elbow on its surface. "But what of you, Eli? You don't seem to be having the time of your life, yourself. I am also half-surprised that you haven't been swept off your feet by some random admirer. I've failed to mention how stunning you look this evening." Compliments seldom slipped from his lips, and yet the words rolled off his tongue so easily. Even he looked half-surprised after he'd uttered them. Promptly he continued to take another sip from the drink he disliked.
--------

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

A laugh escaped Kolm as he placed his drink down, gripping both of Aquilla's hands in his as she offered him a bow. "Please, there's no reason to be sorry. It was just a question." A soft smile played on his lips, aqua eyes searching hers curiously. There was certainly something more carefree about his mannerisms. Perhaps the champagne was starting to have an effect on him, or he was just feeling more comfortable in his own skin. His expression darkened at the mention of his place in Somnum, however, a frown furrowing his brow. Slowly he rose, still gripping Aquilla's hands to bring her up with him.

"They are good people, and Somnum suits me fine," he said. "I suppose one could view them as having a superior complex, but, truth be told, I've sort of thought all court mages were like this before I ever became one." He shot her a glance. "I'm not saying that you are like that, though. Forgive me if I implied such."

"And how have you been faring yourself, Aquilla? Much has happened since we last spoke, both for the better and worse. Perhaps"–he gave a dramatic bow, offering her his hand with a flick of his wrist–"you would care to tell me over a dance?"

----------

"You might be right," Everyth murmured, keeping up with Arun's pace, occasionally meeting his eye. "And yet our secrets are what guard us, because you never know when they might be used against you. Look at Vivifica, for instance." Her lips drew into a fine line shortly after the words left her lips. It seemed in poor taste to mention the rogue court, especially now. She tried to change the subject so as to draw less attention to it, and yet Arun's words did a great job of doing just that.

"My stature . . . ?" she started to ask, confusedly, until the Ignis Mage elaborated. An odd expression crept over her face, until she held a grim smile. "You are too kind, but even the most lethal of serpents may look beautiful, Arun. As I'm sure that you are aware, I have my own reputation, one which, oddly, didn't detract you."

Her expression softened, a light smile playing on her lips as she leaned in closer to his ear. "Which I thank you for. It is nice to be given a chance for once. And you are quite the good dancer. I'm having a hard time believing that you have never put on a performance before."

"But enough about me," she said, changing the topic and shifting away from Arun's ear. "What of yourself? How do you enjoy life in the Ignis court? Have you always lived there?"

(Will post for Mabel and the special event at a later date!)

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"I see. The Tide Mother used to say that the Frostbearer had a charming personality, was very well liked and quick to form bonds with others," Eli said, "I am sure that, with enought time, he will be a good ruler."

The white-haired elf took the champagne glass from Yevgeni and stared at it, quietly staring at the fizzing beverage. She could hear a small hint of pride towards the King of Kilkis Seres coming from Yevgeni. It was true that they have had their differences, but they were still family in the end.

"It is unfortunate that you have been banished from Arcana, but, at least, it wasn't the worst punishment one could have. Perhaps you should consider coming to the Northern Lands. It would be an honor to have you as our guest. As for the King's departure, well, he is a good warrior, but he must understand that he no longer is just the heir to the throne but the ruler of a nation. He can't go around without any escort. Let's just hope he thought about it," she said as she took a sip of the champagne grimazing slightly, "I can see what you mean. I agree that this is not the best beverage, but it is interesting to learn what humans like. Watching them is also very interesting, especially in such important events."

She had been interested to learn more about humans ever since their return to the Floating Lands. Aura had been a huge help, explaining some of their customs and their ways of living, and so she sometimes took the time to learn more about them. Yevgeni's question made her chuckle for a moment.

"We were invited as, what is the word . . .? Ah, representatives of the Northern Lands. The esteemed rulers were busy making preparations for Winter's Blessing and were unable to attend in person, and so a group was chosen to go in their stead, but I think it's obvious they were going to scatter around the city instead of coming to the actual ball. That is why only two of us came, while the others are having fun outside. I don't blame them, it is the perfect night to spend with those you love," Eli said calmy before giving Yevgeni a smile, "Why thank you for the compliment, my sister-in-law made it for me, for a special occasion, she said. You look quite handsome as well, Yevgeni. I am sure that more than one lady as set their eyes on you after your arrival."

Something in those words made Eli's heart ache for some strange reason, she quickly dismissed it, but she wondered why that happened.

"While some might find us interesting, I feel that most people just see us as a novelty. Once the amazement fades, the interest will dwindle and things go back to how they used to be. There are a few exceptions, of course, but we are here for just a couple of days before we depart and on such events the faces become a blur as time goes on. That might makes us look somewhat unapproachable, but such are the differences between humans and fey."

---------------------------------------------

Thanny Thanny Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

The Maestra of Somnum had been watching as the rather interesting battle of the Santas was waiting to happen. Both Santas, one of which she obviously recognized, while the other was a stranger, were looking at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.

"Alright, I think this has gone on long enough," Nero said while clapping her hands, "I think we all can agree that having two Santas instead of one will make the party more lively. Also, having two Santas means more presents."

Nero walked towards Daruk and playfully punched him on his arm while she had a look of amusement on her face.

"Isn't that right, Santas? This is the time to share and be friendly with each other, so let's all get along and enjoy the party."

Aquilla remained redfaced during this alignment of events. She was surprised she could handle herself. That being said her vision did blur a little. “S-Sure! I would love to dance” she smiled. Kolm could feel real heat radiating from Aquilla, as if her magic was going a bit haywire. Nothing unbearable but certainly warm.

Pali blinked fast at the request to dance, unsure of what to say. While he was a relatively decent dancer a while back, he was significantly out of practise, though with wishful thinking he could possibly liberate his muscles temporarily of their limitations. There was as well the fact that he did not wish to dance, as those old dances would attract attention and potentially snickers. On the other hand, this activity would make it easier to save Arkane from the lips of a bulbous muscle-headed girl. That sold him the idea.

"I suppose I can dance," he answered, subconsciously scratching his cheek for a moment longer than he liked. His muscles soon became limber, but they would hate him later. "I am used to nothing modern and know many of the older dances, but I will attempt to keep up."

He had to admit, however, that it was nice to see Arkane so lively. The boy had a rough life, from what he heard, and whatever would free up his heart would benefit all those around him. He wondered if he could do the same someday, though he simultaneously shivered at the thought. Such things came at a very high price, including the loss of status, power, and perhaps even life itself.

Elrandir Elrandir

Daruk was getting ready to lock himself in battle anew, but the voice of the Somnum Maestra cleared his head just enough to see some of the sense she had to offer. He rubbed the spot where Nero punched as if it were sore (it was not) and looked at her with bemusement before turning to the second Santa not yet known as Invidia.

"I guess that's right," he grumbled, still harbouring a grudge but not acting upon it. "I'll not apologise, though. That seat should be mine, the better dressed Santa, but I'll show you up somehow. Hah! Maybe it should be a contest of how many children sit on our laps as we listen to their jabber! Count on that, fake!"

Quite a few nearby children started breaking out into tears upon listening to this boisterous Santa, and not of joy. Daruk's attitude was not going to win him much of the kids' favour, but he did not even notice and laughed loudly.

"But enough about this for now. I have a date to get to. Lady Nero, would you care for a refreshment? Water? Punch? Egg nog? Champagne? I'm all ears."

Thanny Thanny Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Nero glanced around, watching some of the children crying thanks to the loud "Santa" in the room, she then tilted her head towards Invidia while Daruk was laughing.
"My apologies," she mouthed while bowing slightly, "make sure that the kids are alright, please."

The Maestra hoped that the other Santa understood what she had said. She was going to keep the boisterous Santa busy for a little while. Daruk could be overwhelming at times, so he needed someone at his side to keep him under control. Nero decided to be that person.

"That is quite alright, Maester Daruk, thank you for asking," she said in a calm tone and with a pleasant smile, "I prefer some company for now. These types of events can be overwhelming at times, but that can change with some good company. It's not often that multiple Maesters can be together in the same place at the same time. Tell me, how have you been? what have you been up to?"

Vincent would watch her reaction carefully. Every eye movement, comment, expression; he took it all and held his breath in expectation. When he saw that she loved it, he felt great relief. He had spent long wrecking his head thinking in what she could like. He asked a few Umbra Mages, but their guess was as good as his seeing that they were dealing with a shadow. It wasn't until he saw a music box in a store that the idea can to his head. He worked on it, not knowing what she would like or hate... but he was so glad. Her smile made his heart skip a few beats. "I am happy that you like it." He smiled. He watched her a bit more and listened to her present to him. His eyes seemed to sparkle at the mention of the tool. "That sounds amazing!" He admitted. He would glance at the large tree with a smile. His attention turned back to Diane, carefully wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a hug. "I am happy to see you again, Diane." He pulled away, looking at her with flushed cheeks. "I will make sure that the next invention I make will be for you too."

Arun danced with Everyth, nodding in agreement. "I feel that vivifica reminded us something in regards to the courts. We may be gifted, and magic users...but we are human at the end of the day." They were capable of sinning, and wrong decisions. If they were not, then the world would be perfect. He blinked as she whispered to him, feeling his heat flush. Of course. Dangerous things were usually pretty...then that made Everyth lethal, right? When asked about the Ignis Court, Arun hummed. "Life in the Ignis Court is nice. Lots of fountains, open spaces and view around us. Whatever can keep us cool in the heat. The sight of the sea is nice." He admitted, almost speaking absentmindedly. "I originally lived in an orphan within the territory of the Ignis Court's domain. A man came in search of an apprentice, and I was chosen. I have lived in the court since then...but I do visit the orphanage from time to time. I enjoy my life in the court. But I hope to use such power to aid those like me when I was younger." Like him. Too powerful to be normal, but too weak to be noticed by the court. He got lucky.

Arkane approached Pali. "Better than nothing." He mused. Arkane could not dance either, but why not was not out of yhe question either. He took Pali's hands and pulled him to the dance floor, eyes on the Santa Claus that just arrived to dance as well. Arkane was usually not this lively. But he was in a good mood. Pali had complimented him, and he still was a bit opened up from the drink. He wanted to have a better outlook. A better sight ahead for the life he wished to live. If he remained in the past, he would never heal. The recent events merely helped him see that clearer than all of those years before did. He looked up at Pali, silver eyes watching.

Diane's eyes went a little wide in surprise, time seemed to stop when Vincent wrapped his arms around her. Such intimate physical contact with another person was so foreign to her, maybe because she was not used to it, or because she barely had any contact with others in her day to day routine. It felt nice. It was like she was back in the old days, with a warm loving little family, spending time near the fireplace with each other in the cold months telling stories to each other. Diane could see a few eyes glancing their way, most of them filled with surprise or amusement. The warmth inside her chest remained even after Vincent pulled away, his cheeks having a red tint to them.

"I'm happy that I had the chance to see you once again, Vincent, and this being such an important event makes it more special," she said as she glanced away in slight embarrassment, "You don't have to do that, but . . . if that is the case, then I will treasure your next invention as well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back