• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Four Courts (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Mystics Apprentice

Colorfully Ecstatic Time Mage
*pending fancy image*

This is the official OOC discussion for The Four Courts RP. Please feel free to discuss anything, smear food, discuss the RP, or just have fun.

*slaps everybody with a large trout with all the love in the world*.

But in all seriousness, I look forward to the start of this roleplay! This will be lots of fun, and on a new site to boot, which leaves me tickled pink and enthused.

Why, thank you! Nothing like being assaulted by the world's largest trout.

But anyhow, I do have a request for everyone: would all of you be willing to port your character sheets over to the new site, please (and a huge thank-you to those who already have)? Sadly I am not permitted to link to our old KH13 sheets, but if they're here I can establish the connections again.

Thanks, everyone!

Heck ya, I just ported a bit a while ago (and just registered a bit ago as you may tell already XD). I'm excited for this, this will be fun ^-^

So for the beginning of the RP, I was thinking to aid in its progression by creating more scenarios around your characters so that you have more to do/interact with so that no one feels like they're struggling with what to write. Would everyone prefer if I leave things more open, or would you like me to create more scenarios? I can also individualize things, for those that would like more involvement with NPCs as opposed to those who would like things a lot more open for creativity. In general, I want everyone to get creative and invent their own as much as they want, but I want to be a helpful GM so that you have plenty to do and feel like it is easy to get involved.

Ooh, if Shiroo is coming to the meeting, that would mean big things with his cousin Jari! Like . . . BIG things! They have tweaked the awkward sibling hug into their own, signature fox-bro hug, and can talk about their love for wine in hammocks, if any are found!

Wishful thinking aside, I look forward to the day of having these two meet finally.

Shiroo and Jari were related in some fashion (I think they were cousins of sorts, maybe second cousins), so no worries there! And yes! That awkward sibling hug is exactly what I was referring to! Jari and Shiroo's has more ceremony to it, including an exchange of fox tails. Unfortunately I left Jari's at home. Mind if the little guy borrows Shiroo's for a bit?

Drat, I forget to reference to the tail!

Also, quick question all: in the scenarios that I write I've been tagging those that it involves, and I was wondering if it would be useful if we all did this with the characters we're interacting with? Is this something that you guys would prefer?

It'll just be a matter of everyone remembering where they are and who they are with.

I think it could be useful, but also a little difficult with the huge cast we have.

I'm fine with either choice.

I concur that the tags are very nice, but it is a lot of work for you as the original poster, so it might be good to maybe not continue, or at the very least do it every now and again if the gathering of people loses or gains certain characters. It's tough to say, but I trust whatever you decide to be the case.

Hmm, good feedback so far. Unless we hear strongly otherwise, how about we keep things as they are? While it is a nice touch and you can add tags if you want to, I won't expect others to do this. I think title and location should suffice it for the players. I don't mind adding tags and want to make it user-friendly for everyone to navigate. Perhaps when we get in the groove of things I can drop them–it depends on how comfortable everyone is feeling.

I find it handy in the opening stages while we are adjusting to the character roster, but after that I think I will get better at remembering who is who. The tags will be well worth their while in the meantime, so that sounds great!

All of the other Umbra mages are scooting into an overloaded carriage, and Pali is all by his lonesome. Hmm . . . move over, guys! With wishful thinking aboard, the horses and carriages will last the entire trip!

But seriously now, I loved how this turned out. =P

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , EchoFox23 EchoFox23 , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

(Sorry for tagging everyone; I'm not sure how many frequent this thread)

A couple of quick things that I wanted to mention:

1.) I am working out a good updating schedule that works best for everyone. I realize that we have players who post at all different speeds, and I want to come up with something that accommodates this. We can sort of play it by ear for each situation, though I am also considering updating the RP thread every Sunday, Wed, and Saturday, and thus players can catch up between these dates. I also get caught up in life stuff myself, so I am not sure how well I would be able to stick to it, but I do want to keep the story moving forward and yet give people enough time to post. If anyone else has any additional thoughts or input on this I would happily welcome any suggestions. I am also more than happy to provide recaps for people who have busier schedules and return back to the RP with too much to read.

2.) For everyone's characters: if you desire to pick up a new skill, weapon, power, etc please clear it with me prior to implementing it into the RP. This is just so I can keep better track of things on my end as well as make sure things are remaining consistent.

I'm mostly free those days so I wouldn't mind if you update the story on those days. And if it is easier to you then that's even better.
I wouldn't want to put more pressure on you.
If for some reason this schedule doesn't work then we can think of another solution together.

I'll be sure to notify you in advance if a change in my character's abilities is made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back