• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The World: hidden truths

Kitsu

Iheomos's most hated

So i just wanted to start by saying this idea isn't fully thought out yet. But it will be if enough people are interested.

in this Rp, a new game (kinda like SAO) called "The World" has been the most popular VR game. Its stayed that way since its original release two years ago. The world inside the game does have a name... Pandora. Its sorta like earth in some places... other places look like landscapes out of sc-fi movies or there are barren lands, and pretty much every landscape you could think of. In this world of Pandora, there are two opposing factions.....   The Gravekeepers and the Raiders. These two factions aren't at war...  their goals just differ. And one more thing... a player's real body in fully transferred into the game.

Now im gonna talk a bit about the Gravekeepers.

These are essentially the enemy NPCs  of the game. Sure there are other animals and monsters. But Gravekeepers are the biggest threat ingame. The Gravekeepers protect the "tombs" or "dungeons" of Pandora that hold the most powerful of equipment called, "Heavenly tools". Some of the equipment is near god-like, but still has a limit. The items range from tools, weapons, souls armor and more. I'll talk more about items later, back to the Gravekeepers. Gravekeepers all have the "command" ability and can use it to force Raiders into "games" where both the Gravekeeper(s) and the Raider(s) involved put their lives on the line. One quick note, Gravekeepers don't respawn after death like raiders. once a Gravekeeper is dead, they stay dead.

Regarding the games the Gravekeepers can make, the games are always set-up fairly.  The winning conditions are the death of the Gravekeeper and whatever is inside the tomb. Losing conditions normally end with the Raiders being successfully defeated and they die and respawn at the last town they visited. A Gravekeeper's soul can be "forged" by Raiders into "raider tools". 

Now, its the Raiders turn.

Raiders are the players of the game. They are like the players of every other RPG-style game. Except, in this game... only players with raider tools have a special power. (assuming your class ingame isn't a wizard. Aside from that, all weapons, armors and other things are normal. They respawn on death like normal games. But they do lose HALF of everything they have meaning items, currency, potions. ALL "players" a.k.a "Raiders" have one skill.... Forge. This skill can ONLY be used at a Gravekeeper's moment of death. The result from "Forging" a gravekeeper's soul into a "tool" is called a raider tool. The quaility/power of a raider tool is determined by how powerful the gravekeeper was and how well the Raider can "forge" the soul into their ideal weapon, armor, tool or even a piece of clothing. To simplify, its how how well you can sync with the Gravekeeper's soul.

Now for items.

There are the normal items that are gathered through basic quests and such. Then there are Raider tools and finally, the heavenly tools. Raider tools are a special items that give players a power/ability. Every raider tool is unique both in appearance and power. No two raider tools have the same look or power.

Heavenly tools are and can only be obtained via a dungeon. Anywhere else and its 100% a fake. No loop holes, nothing. Hackers have hacked the game to try. Those hackers were also never seen again. its still a mystery as to where they are. Little to nothing is known about or even the use/propose of the Heavenly items are. Just that if you manage to get one and give it to the game creators, you are rewarded with enough IRL money to last the rest of your life.

Now... are you guys ready for the plot twists? If not, then simply don't read the spoiler. If yes... then go ahead and look!

So you actually looked... you want to know the plot twists, do ya? Welp, thats your choice...

1. The World is not a game.
  2. The gravekeepers are real people who really die. (if you didn't sorta/kinda or maybe even just slightly suspected that)
  3. the Raider/players are actually being used unknowingly.

You wanted your plot twists? there ya go! just don't make your char somehow know about this. cause doing that will get you removed from my RP. And yes, there are a few more things... but im not gonna spoil those yet.

LINK TO THE RP:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to join this mi' lord!

also, the idea of "games" came from "problem children come from another world, don't they?" Didn't it :D  

Hmmm....looks interesting enough I suppose. Since I'm still in the process of making my own VRMMORPG roleplay, I suppose testing the waters with the competition can't be bad.

I'm in. Let's see how it goes.

I would love to join this mi' lord!

also, the idea of "games" came from "problem children come from another world, don't they?" Didn't it :D  

yes, yes it did.  this idea is based of several anime/manga. 

Hmmm....looks interesting enough I suppose. Since I'm still in the process of making my own VRMMORPG roleplay, I suppose testing the waters with the competition can't be bad.

I'm in. Let's see how it goes.

:3

Last edited by a moderator:
i think im gonna go ahead and make a thread for the rp. the story will be posted later but you guys can all make your chars and stuff

Plus also, I am really great ant creating lore, features, and other things of landscapes, continents, and other landmasses if you need that in the development team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back