• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tale of Wonderland {Temp. closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
(I had to write this - I'll write about the dormouse next.)

In March's unconscious state, she could still feel her wounds stinging, prodding, telling her that she was weak and vulnerable. She remembered the Queen's smile when she took off the head of the Orange Rabbit, March remembered it all. These feelings infected her dreams. Tainting them with the murk of Wonderland. They latched to her ankles and knees, forcing her to fall.

And she fell.

Even as her eyes were closed and her mind was shooed into a different world, she still expected impact. But such was not the case. While the Brown Rabbit assumed that she'd be putting another moment of pain on her never ending stack, it appeared she felt the opposite. March indulged in comfort. Two arms held her, protecting her from the abyss below.

And her subconscious mind smirked and asked, "Do you deserve this?" It grabbed at either side of her being and continued, "Do you deserve this? Even after killing her, killing his closest friend. Do you know who holds you? Who saved you from drowning in everything you lack?"

March had just gained some sort of relief, a type of relief that she had missed from when she still had family. Yet, her mind still terrorized her. She was about to lash out, that is, until a fragrance relaxed her muscles. For a second there she felt like a princess, she felt royal. As if a crown had been bestowed upon her and gave her the authority to cast her abusive mind aside.

And that she did.

In her "sleep", March smiled and curled herself even more into a ball. It was like she was in a hug, one that she needed dearly. And even as her cheek bled, her leg and muscles ached, she was dirty and had just begun to sleep after hours of running... even as the temperatures surrounding her became frigid, she was spoiled in warmth.

Dottie - NPC
The little dormouse sprinted across the dirt and terrain, dodging people and animals alike. "Come on, can't any of you guys see?" she belted at a man who had nearly swiped her tail. "You must watch where you are going, sir!" She huffed and continued. She had gotten word that Hatter had returned. News had already made it back to the camp. The Orange Rabbit was dead, though, not many at the camp new that a fifth rabbit even existed. Dottie, as a matter of factly, thought he was a myth. How wrong she was.

"Hatter!" she exclaimed as she closed in on him. But then, hair stood on end and she jumped back a few inches. "What are you doing?! Why is she here?" Dottie pointed at the rabbit nestled in his arms. "We are all a little mad, but you must have taken a taste from the wrong pot of tea. She will ruin us here. Let me kill her now..."

Svisttt Svisttt
Beckspace Beckspace

"Ah! There you are, my dear dormouse." The Hatter said in greetings to the Dottie.

After Dottie's declarations of killing, the Hatter held the rabbit closer to his chest in defiance. "No. You will not touch my rabbit. I have decided to help her, and while decisions often change, I do not plan on changing this one."

He sniffed the air before continuing. "As a matter of fact, I haven't had a taste of tea since the last time it was tea time. If my watch is correct, which it is at least 2 times a day, it is tea time again. I don't smell any tea, so it seems you have not done as I have asked."

The Hatter pushed Foster forward. "Here. Take this flower child and initiate him into the rebels. This rabbit needs tea, and I'm going to give it to her, perhaps maybe with some bandages as well."

At that, the Hatter walked passed Dottie and into the largest tent in the camp. Inside the tent was a large table with chairs and table settings that didn't match in the slightest. The table was quite busy, but all clean and ready for the next party. The Hatter went passed the table and through the fold of the tent to another room, which was a rather large kitchen for a tent, with kettles on 6 stove tops. Next the stoves was a simple cot, which is where the Hatter gently placed the sleeping rabbit.

He took off his hat and dug inside. Out he pulled muddy colored fabrics, and the Hatter laughed. "You're right, I'd never make a hat out of these." With a pat on the Hat, the Hatter set to work, cleaning off the wounds, bandaging them, and most importantly preparing the tea. He sang quietly as he worked:

A Dog came in the kitchen
and stole a crust of bread.
Then cook up with the ladle
and beat him 'til he was dead.
Then all the dogs came running
and dug the dog a tomb
and wrote upon the tombstone
for the eyes of dogs to come.

Like a broken songbird he sang the song over and over again as if perhaps he forgot the rest of the words or as if he forgot he had just sang the song 3 times already.

Dottie - NPC
"Hatter, I think you forgot how long you have been gone," Dottie pulled back her head and folded her arms, but the madman didn't appear to pay attention to her. "You said to prepare a kettle days ago, and you did not come back to partake," she growled as he began walking away from her. "Where have you been?!"

It was then that she noticed the boy he pushed forward before leaving her behind. "Initiate?" Dottie tightened her lips. "Him?!" she called out as if Hatter was still present enough to hear. She heaved a sigh when he did not return and gazed up at the boy. He was tall, but appeared so gentle that her being was confused. Tiny things should be scared of big things, though she could muster no fear.

"You are not well-suited to be a rebel, we have hardly any flowers because they're fragile." Dottie put her hands on her hips. "I think you should very well leave the way you came," she lifted her one gloved hand as if to prepare his leave, but hesitated. "Though, there is Madam Rose, she is strong and wise, not at all mad. And, I must remember in my tiny head, that Alice left this place to Hatter. He may be more mad than I, but his heart knows exactly what is happening."

The mouse stood there for a few more moments before yawning, "You, boy, come with me. You still have a decision to make, but if you wish to follow in the shoes of the mad, then prepare your hand." She waved him over. "It won't feel the best for the good part of the next week." Dottie gave one final snicker, and then walked, dodging peoples' legs all over again.

Svisttt Svisttt

and dug the dog a tomb

and wrote upon the tombstone
for the eyes of dogs to come.

and dug the dog a tomb

The March Hare's eyes flicked open as she heard someone singing. Persistently singing. Singing the same song over and over and over and over. She grumbled and winced. She had forgotten that her body wasn't in the best state. She lifted her hand to her face. There was a bandage there. Someone had helped her? Saved her?

She sat up and absorbed her surroundings. A tent? She was on a cot. And that tune, it continued, that song, it continued. And, for the first time, she noticed Mad Hatter singing and making what appeared to be tea.

A series of gasps escaped her lips. March jumped back on the cot, resting her back against the wall of the tent and kicked one foot in the air as if to defend herself. "Back, stay where you are!" she demanded, because a madman making tea while singing was so terrifying.

No, she was afraid that it was him, the Mad Hatter. Someone she had yet to take down herself, and would be lucky to injure. The Brown Rabbit checked her wrists. She was not tied, not chained, and clearly her legs were free. Her eyes widened. "The bandage!" She grabbed the edge of the bandage, ripped it right off her face and peered at the cloth. The warm liquid fell again, she didn't even notice as she quizzed the cloth. There was red, that was blood, but she couldn't spot much else. "What did you do to it?"

Beckspace Beckspace

Last edited:
Foster Arlett

The flower boy looked at the dormouse, strangely happy that he was taller than someone for once. He was hardly listening to the conversation between her and the Hatter though, too busy glancing around the camp, occasionally standing on his toes in an attempt to peer over the heads of the rebels wandering about. It wasn't the most pleasant getting here- stepping into that mirror reminded him of all the times he'd stood in the rain too long, but he felt oddly safe in this place. Like nothing could harm him, despite being surrounded by things and people foreign to him.

Suddenly, he was pushed forwards and sort of yelped, glancing back to see the Hatter sauntering off with the rabbit. Foster awkwardly hugged his arms and looked down at the rather angry dormouse again, eyes wide in a mix of surprise and confusion. He was wishing he'd paid a bit more attention to what they'd been saying, but there was nothing he could do about that now.

"But-" He started to argue against the dormouse's suggestion of leaving, though she seemed to hesitate...

"Though, there is Madam Rose, she is strong and wise, not at all mad. And, I must remember in my tiny head, that Alice left this place to Hatter. He may be more mad than I, but his heart knows exactly what is happening." She yawned, as if bored or perhaps in need of nap. "You, boy, come with me. You still have a decision to make, but if you wish to follow in the shoes of the mad, then prepare your hand. It won't feel the best for the good part of the next week."

Should he really be going off with another stranger? Maybe not, but Foster figured one more today couldn't hurt. Much. Fidgeting with his little pinwheel, the boy trailed after the mouse, doing his best not to run into anyone.

Much like earlier, a few folks gave small smiles and waves, others gave peculiar glances and some looked too tired to care. Some were scarred, some were bandaged, others simply looked a little roughed up but alright. It was... interesting to Foster, and found himself wanting to run up to them all and ask about their lives. Would that be rude? He slowly nodded to himself, assuming it probably would be. The boy couldn't help being curious, having hardly been around anyone other than flowers and the occasional talking pigeon. There'd been Alice, of course, but he didn't get much of a chance to talk to her during her visits. The Flowers always spoke fondly of her though, retelling stories of the girl whenever the boy couldn't sleep at night. He remembers the one about their old home the most, a place Foster couldn't remember, but the story never seemed to fade from his memory.

"Oh! Uhm, who are you?" Foster finally asked after a bit of walking, realizing it was something he probably should've wondered about much sooner. Small as the mouse was, he couldn't help but feel it'd be best to watch what he said around her.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

And dug the dog a tomb.
“Back! Stay where you are!”
... And dug the dog a tomb.
“What did you do to it?”
“And dug- oh I seem to have forgotten the rest,” Hatter said, a look of forlorn on his face. He turned and noticed that the rabbit in his bed was glaring at him.

“You’re awake! And just in time for tea, I dare say.” The Hatter turned to the kettle closest to him and poured the boiling water into the tea pot. He carried the pot over to the small table by the bed, which already was holding a blue floral tea cup that didn’t match the pot at all.

“Oh dear, you took off your bandage. It’s not polite to bleed out in someone’s bed you know. Why don’t I put that right back on,” Hatter reached out to fix the bandage.

March inhaled sharply and in a matter of seconds went from sitting with her foot out, to scrambling to stand up on the cot as a eep escaped her lips. Her cheeks dusted with a light pink as she felt a mix of fear, embarrassment and gratefulness storm an eddy inside her. "No!" The Brown Rabbit threw the bandage down. "You have poisoned it! You must have!" March grabbed at the tent wall behind her, letting the cloth squeeze between her fingers. "You have saved me from the bandersnatches, I thank you for that, I do, but I've come to learn of betrayal. From a Queen, from a smirking figure, even from myself, I do not wish for that again."

She swallowed as she felt her blood pool at her jaw line, the liquid became heavy and was caught by gravity. The small droplet fell and hit the cot. And, at that moment, a warm comfort reemerged from her being. Something was familiar. Oh so, incredibly, familiar. The March Hare sniffed the air. Her nose wasn't the best, but it knew such a fragrance. She peered upwards, towards her hairline and spotted a petal. She reached up and gingerly touched the flower crown upon her head. This was the flower boy's.

She stomped her foot, leaned forward until her face was near Hatter's and said, "What did you do to him?! Where is he?" But she ate her words as it was apparent to her that the rebels would not hurt a flower boy. They saved the remaining flower people after all.

And then she sniffed again.

The same fragrance as the boy's crown rested upon Mad Hatter, right near his chest. "You held me? You carried me here?" By this time, quite a few drops of blood had hit the cot so, the rabbit mumbled, "I'm sorry for filthying your bed."

Beckspace Beckspace

Last edited:
Dottie - NPC

"I'm a dormouse, call me Dottie," the small girl stopped for a brief moment, turned her head and gave Foster a genuine smile and walked again. "I've been friends with that Hatter since... how many unbirthdays has it been. It was when the Tea Party wasn't abandoned, and we lived in Madland. Oh, let's see," she tapped her chin continued to step forward. "I haven't a single ideal. Well, it's been a sure length!"

"You sure do look confused, don't you worry your little toes, this is the safest place you will ever stumble upon," she stopped again, this time glaring at someone's leg that nearly kicked her. "I am your superior! Treat me as such. Ahem!" This time, she didn't continue walking. "What is your name? Hm? How old are you? When is your unbirthday? But, more importantly," Dottie curled her fingers into fists and lifted her shoulders. "Do... do you remember, did you watch your kind... " she cleared her throat again. "Nevermind. Walk with me, you're too slow, and answer my questions flower boy!"

Svisttt Svisttt

Last edited:
Foster Arlett

The boy laughed a little bit, despite how intimidating Dottie was. For once, he wasn't the one asking a bunch of questions! "I'm Foster!" He squeaked, hurrying to keep up with her so she didn't get too snappy, "Arlett. Uhm, I dunno how old I am, I can't imagine I've been around for too long though." He rubbed at his eyes as he tried to remember what an unbirthday was- the Hatter had mentioned it, but he hadn't explained it, had he? "What's an unbirthday? It sounds silly. But fun! Is it like a normal birthday? And what do I remember? I remember watching things! Like raccoons and I think a frog or two."

He stopped jabbering when they approached one of the only non-tent buildings he'd seen so far. The walls were each painted a different color, which Foster found a bit odd... but kind of cool, too. "What's this?" He asked, wondering what the only house-like thing was used for. The flower secretly hoped where ever they were going was close now, or even the building in front of them- it was beginning to feel like someone was shoving a twig in his ears.

The Hatter stared at the spots of blood on his cot in utter disgust.

"If anyone is betraying anyone here, it is you my dear," he said, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "I said it was rude to bleed out on someone's bed!"

In a fit of anger, the Hatter grabbed the teacup and pelted it across the room. It smashed into the floor and broke into a million little pieces. He took another deep breath and turned back to the rabbit.

"I apologize. It is also very rude to have tantrums." He gave her a smirk and then went to go get another teacup from the cabinet right over the stoves. "If you want to believe the fabric is laced with poison, I will not stop you. It is very possible that I carried you here to safety, exposed my rebel camp to one of the Queen's most trusted subjects, and cleaned your wounds just so I could poison you here in my bed. They call me the "Mad" Hatter for a reason, after all."

The Hatter came back with another teacup, poured tea into it, and held it out to the rabbit. "Then again, a dead body is much more troublesome than blood. I'd have to bury you as well as clean my sheets."

Dean and Dane- NPC
Dean picked up another rock and tossed it lightly into Mirror Lake. Instead of skipping across the water, like he had hoped it would, it simply sunk into the water. He didn't seem upset by it, but picked up another rock to try again.

"He's not coming. I told you, he wouldn't come," Dane said. He was leaning against a nearby tree, arms crossed over his chest.
"Hatter said he would come," Dean said simply.
"I know that! That doesn't mean he's going to do it. The nutter probably forgot he was supposed to meet us here," Dane shook his head. "Again."
"If he doesn't come, he probably has a good reason," Dean said thoughtfully. He threw another rock, and again it just sunk into the lake.
"We've been waiting here for days!"

Dane stood up from his lean against the tree and strode over to his brother. "And in those days you still haven't managed to skip a rock." He picked up a rock and tossed it Ito the lake. His skipped 4 times across the water before finally sinking.

"Wow! Good job, Dane! You're a pro!" Dean said, clapping happily.
Dane just rolled his eyes. "I didn't want it to skip. I wanted it to sink."
"Oh... Well I'm sure you'll get it next time."

Dean stopped clapping when he noticed a piece of paper flowing in the wind. He ran and caught the paper and started to read. His brother came up behind him and read as well.

"The Queen wants a King? How romantic!" Dean exclaimed.
"It must be a trap," Dane said. "We should tell Hatter."

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Coriander Coriander
Danidify Danidify
Little_Willow Little_Willow

Last edited:
ff81551a32b98b3eff33ff8113a9c406.jpg

Narissa threw on a black cloak as her Card brought forth a pure black mare. She mounted the horse without a word and snapped the reigns to get the horse going. Croweth trotted off the palace grounds. One she was beyond the gates she pushed the mare into a run, her black cloak fluttering behind her to reveal the pure white dress she wore. She had no true destination in mind, but she could not be in her palace any longer. She had seen far too many men at once - each one more stupid than the last. She growled her distaste as she sped through sparse trees and old trails. She continued until she heard voices. She slowed Croweth to a walk and pet her mane. She moved towards the voices , trying to make little noise, but Croweth couldn't really be quiet. She adjusted the white hood pinned in place and straightened herself.
"Who goes there?"
Her voice projected through the trees. She saw mirror lake and then two boys. One was holding one of her flyers.
"I will take neither of you as my king. You are both too young and undoubtedly immature by reasoning."

Addressing: Beckspace Beckspace
Mentioned:​

Dane and Dean- NPC
Dean smiled at the approaching white figure, while Dane stayed back and clenched his fists together. It was the Queen, and that never meant good news.

"I will take neither of you as my king. You are both too young and undoubtedly immature by reasoning."
"That's ok," Dean said to the Queen, smiling reassuringly. "I didn't want to be King anyway."

Dane punched his brother in the arm, giving him an Are you serious? type look. Dean frowned at Dane, rubbed his arm, then turned back to the Queen again, all smiles.

"Although, I can't speak for my brother. He seems to be quite upset. Maybe you should give him a chance?" Dean suggested.

"DEAN!" Dane pounded him again, face red in embarrassment. "That wasn't what I meant at all!"

"Well, why don't you speak what you mean, brother? You speak your mind better than I speak yours," Dean replied Kindly. Dane growled, then sighed. He turned to the Queen, with a look of defiance on his face. It didn't last long. He knew it was no use to defy the Queen, they would only lose their heads for it.

"We weren't expecting you to be here, my Queen," Dane said slowly, trying to find the right words to not get him and his brother killed.

"Why is someone as important as yourself here alone?"

Last edited:
March watched the tea swirl in the cup. If her tail had been long enough, it would have been tucked right between her legs. She let out an obvious gulp. Normally, if she had been in a field, in the woods or anywhere but here, she wouldn't have been this terrified. This was his bed, this was his tent, this was his cup!

This was all his and she bled on it...

"I am sorry," she whispered and stepped down from the cot, and made extra sure to avoid knocking the extended teacup out of his hand. "I'm sorry Hatter." At first, she faltered from taking the tea. Partly because of the idea of it being poisoned, but the Hatter had made a fine point. The other part, she didn't feel in the least bit deserving of the tea. Not after everything. Everything.

But, someone had once told her that it is far more rude to not accept a gift. So she reached out, picked it up with the tips of her fingers and sat on the ground. With her free hand, she reached for the bandage. It was filthy now, and it was her fault. Nonetheless, March pressed it against her cheek, though whatever adhesive he had used did not seem to work, thus she held it against her cheek the entire time.

Finally, the young rabbit downed some of the tea. It heated her chest and gave life to her tired limbs. It made breathing seem easier and quenched her hunger. Still, she pouted, "I am, so sorry, Hatter," she slid her boots along the ground until her knees pressed against her chest. "I'm sorry, so sorry, sorry for everything. For throwing the bandage, bleeding on your bed, troubling you, I'm sorry that I ever killed her. I'm sorry, I feel I'm about to shatter. That I could break at the touch of a needle. It's like all of me that was me, isn't me."

She paused for a few heartbeats and said, "I've yet to ever taste tea as marvelous as this."

Beckspace Beckspace

Dottie-NPC
Dottie chuckled, "You squeak more than me you strange flower. And I'm a dormouse." The tiny girl gestured to the building. "We once planned to build more, but due to the caterpillars' threads only protecting so much, we could only afford to create one building, else we be found. In here we protect those who are the most injured and house the most deadly of weapons. And the worst of them all," Dottie paused and peered either direction to seem afraid, "Madam Rose."

She snickered again and continued walk and talk. "Madam Rose, you could say, is the doctor around here. Flowers, though I'm not sure about you, are excellent at healing, paralysis, making people sleep, and all those things I just can't seem to understand. Witchcraft... maybe? Who knows? She, Madam Rose, is the one who administers the gem. She attempts to mask the pain, but... " the dormouse didn't finish her sentence and veered to a new topic. "Watch out though. She has no understanding of personal space." Dottie walked up the steps to the front door. "And she'll wiggle her toes when she's happy. So watch them. It's usually good, but, she also may be preparing to decimate your bubble. I'll be by your side though. Can't leave the lonely things to lone alone."

Svisttt Svisttt

- Nanna Nevermind -
Flames crackled as a body of white and tainting red was flung into the castle's blacksmithing hearth, soon to turn into ashes. The black cloaked figure pulled the lever, the hearth's metal mouth closing the gruesome scene of burning flesh from sight. With an inaudible and relieved sigh, red painted lips stretched into a cruel grin.

"Finally . . ." The cloaked figure whispered gleefully cold. "Finally free . . ."

Swiftly and silently, the figure dodged the guards' watchful gazes by hiding in the shadowy corners of the hallways, and reaching inside the safety of the White Rabbit. Locking the door to ensure privacy, the figure took off her cloak to hang on a black porcelain coat hanger, then she rummaged into the closet. The woman grimaced at the snow white clothes, feeling like it would be too obnoxious to wear outside in the wilderness. She can't be picky however, she can't take more time off.

She has to leave soon because the Queen has told the White Rabbit to leave earlier tonight and the White Rabbit always follow the Queen's orders.

Rolling her sky blue eyes in exasperation from all the white suits, she found one that she didn't mind as much; changing into it quickly. Buttoning all the golden buttons and tucking the frilly white shirt underneath the light grey pants, she layered with a pure red vest with a swallow twin tail that flowed down to her mid thighs. With black leather boots that reached just under her knees. Then she walked over to the wall mirror to make sure everything is in place ---

"Oh, right. The daggers . . ." Whispered the woman, walking over to her cloak and grab the dagger holsters and sheaths to wear around her waist and secured around her thighs. She looked back at the mirror. A frown etched on her normally stoic face . . .

Reaching out and delicately touching the mirror's cold surface with finger tips, the woman lets out another sigh.

She finally did it. She finally killed her older twin sister, Solia and no one would know the difference between them.

Her only reminder of ever having a sister is her own reflection now, no more of those terrible visions she keeps seeing from this connection of theirs.

Shaking her head with her white hair swaying from the sudden movements, Nanna stared at her reflection and grinned cruelly once more. "Time to join Grey --- and Black, it seems." She looked out the window, using her significantly supreme sight to have a closer look at the duo on a trotting horse. Her brow raised in amusement from seeing two grown men on the same horse.

"Beggars can't be choosers." She muttered before grabbing her black cloak, a sack full of food with bandages, and hurriedly left the castle by riding on a grey dapple horse.

-------

By the time Aris and Cipher reached the dreaded Mushroom Forest, the Grey Rabbit would be able to hear faint thudding sounds coming closer. Riding on a dapple grey horse is whom they would assume to be Solia, with a black cloak billowing behind her. Icy blue eyes staring right at them as she pulled the reins once she got close, frowning in disappointment. Probably for being late.

"I needed to check on something and make sure it wasn't dangerous to the Queen. It took longer then expected." Nanna promptly said before the pair could question her. Her face became cold as she tries to push the words out of her mouth; obviously not comfortable with saying these words to them at all.

"My . . . apologies for not being punctual." She forced herself to say it, gritting her teeth as her brows furrowed down.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Little_Willow Little_Willow Danidify Danidify

Last edited:
The Hatter plopped down on the floor, legs spread out, across from the rabbit with his own cup of tea.

"Sorry is an interesting word. Sometimes it could mean nothing, but other times it could mean everything," Hatter said, sipping his tea. "For example, this tea we're drinking comes from the leaf of a flower the Queen killed herself. The flower had angered the Queen, the reason doesn't matter, and she had decided to chop off her head. The flower apologized over and over, and I suspect it was with all the meaning that could ever be in a dual-syllabic word, but the Queen would have none of it. The flower died, and soon after so did the rest of her kind."

He took another sip of his tea. "Sorry is not often enough. It's just a word, and the Queen likes actions more than words." He took a moment to ponder that thought. "I suppose we should be sorry for drinking this tea. After all, the poor flower is dead and it is all our fault for not saving her, for not stopping the queen. For being on the Queen's side until she took the people you loved and you couldn't pretend everything was ok anymore."

"Or," The Hatter then smiled at the rabbit "Perhaps you are the one that deserves the apology. You are the one who lost your self, and that's a horrible thing to lose."

8dc8677c7aa18a3d80f6328aec848799.jpg

Narissa listened to them bicker. Children. Immature little brats is what they all were. As they bickered she climbed down from Croweth, letting the reigns hang to the side. The mare moved to drink from the lake as the Queen approached the two boys. She was stark white against her surroundings, save for her black cloak. There wasn't an ounce of color on her, which some say is what makes her so terrifying. Once they were done bickering she gazed down at them. She bent down slightly so she was at their height level and grabbed them by their jaws.
"Do not worry about your Queen. I am fully capable of doing a great many things. I only ask what two...innocent...little...children...are doing out here in such a dangerous place. All alone."
Her pure white eyes made her seem blind, but she saw everything, sometimes more than even she should. It almost looked like she wasn't even looking at the boys because of her lack of pupils.
"Come with me back to the palace and I will take wonderful care of you both. A warm room. A nice meal. Now doesn't that sound nice?"

Addressing: Beckspace Beckspace
Mentioned:​

March carefully put down her tea as to not spill it or break the cup and used that hand to cover her mouth. The drink had an immaculate flavor. It seemed to clean the palate, refresh your tastebuds, yet it still had a subtle, sweet flavor.

How disgusting? The Queen had killed this flower.

The rabbit reached for the flower crown and removed it from her head. She pondered every petal, every color, and all the fragrance it granted her. "Hatter?" she asked and cocked her head. "Is it okay to kill? After watching the Queen do what she did, I wonder if it is every justified." She leaned forward and placed the crown on top of his hat. "What if it was you? What if I had watched the Queen slaughter you? Would I have been joyous at the feat, or would I be like I am now?" March backed up and got a good look at the madman. "Would I still feel joy? Hatter, I let a bandersnatch bite my leg, I was being attacked, and I could not fight back. I was afraid I'd be like the Queen. Killing out of my own intent. But that's what I used to do. That's what I would have done yesterday. How could one single moment completely change who I am now?"

She scoffed at herself. March was asking so many questions from a man she stole from. But, he was right, actions do speak louder than words. But now she didn't even want to take any action. She simply wanted to curl up in a blanket and be whisked away by the wind.

"You know what Outskirts is, right?"

Beckspace Beckspace

♦♣♠♥​

Offering a steady nod, Aris responded to the cautious remark made by his companion. "I'll leave him here, he knows how to take care of himself" Placing his hand on the horse's head, the Grey Rabbit gently pet the older horse as some sort of saying goodbye. The horse was trained very well, so Aris assumed that, if danger would come looking around the corner, he would simply sprint off back towards the castle. If not, then that would simply be one of the sacrifices they had to make to satisfy the queen. At the end of the day, horses were replaceable, but his own head was not.

Upon lifting his hand away from the horse, Aris opened his mouth ready to speak up before he suddenly heard a faint noise coming from behind. His ears immediately piqued up, his entire body swiftly turning towards the noise as his hand slid back to his bow. "Something's coming" he mentioned, taking off his bow and simultaneously grabbing an arrow as he did so. He kept focusing intensely at the incoming source of noise, right until the silhouette of a familiar soul came into vision.

Confusion striking the strict Rabbit, Aris relaxed his tense stance as his eyes directly traced after the third rabbit. His generally emotionless expression shaped into light irritation even before the late individual managed to speak up. Without even having to ask a question, Aris received the answers he was looking for and found himself in a position where he sadly could not scold the other rabbit for anything. The mere mentioning of the Queen's safety was enough to completely prevent him from stating any negative facts, for the Queen had always been the number 1 priority. Sure, this was a major inconvenience, but apparently, there were matters more important than finding a dangerous traitor.

Not completely feeling at ease, Aris placed his bow and arrow back in place while his eyes still glared questioningly at the White Rabbit. Hearing an apology only added up to his wish for knowledge, but there was little time for such predicaments. They were on the hunt after all.

A sigh quietly seeping through, the Grey Rabbit spoke up in a tone still slightly tainted with annoyance. "Very well. At least you're here now." Turning around to face the mushroom forest and offering one last glance at his horse, Aris diverted his attention to the Black Rabbit. "Unless we don't wish to see the traitor ever again, I think it's time for us to start moving." He stated, simply assuming the third addition would understand their plan. His mind quickly turned back to the matter at hand, his feet coming into action by moving into the murky forest. He would keep his hands free for now, staying alert for any noises that did not fit in place.

Little_Willow Little_Willow Katsuya Katsuya (Travelling buddies)
Coriander Coriander (Entering the forest!)

♦♣♠♥​

Dean and Dane- NPC
Dane took a step back suspiciously, but Dean didn't.

"That sounds lovely," Dean said with a smile the same time Dane said, "Oh we couldn't possibly-"

Dane glared at Dean again before continuing. "We couldn't possibly go with you, my queen. The castle is no place for people lie us... and in any rate we really should be leaving. We have an important meeting to get to, right Dean?"

"Oh yes, very important! It's about-!"
"About nothing! It's about nothing. Come on Dean," Dane said, reaching out and grabbing his brother by the arm.

Last edited:
The Hatter didn't answer the question's March asked because he didn't know the answers to them. How was he to know what justified killing? Could something ever justify killing? He reached up and tapped the flower crown on top of his top hat.

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star," He said finally, leaning back against the table behind him triumphantly, as if he answered all her questions.

But then she asked another, and he sat up again and looked at her as if seeing her for the first time. He cocked his head and pondered her question.

"No. I don't know what the Outskirts is. No one does. I do know of it, which is the most anyone I think can say of the place," Hatter said with a frown. Why was she mentioning the Outskirts?

March slid her hand along the ground and grabbed at her satchel. It was still there, and from the feel of it, so were all the contents. She heaved a quiet sigh, "The Queen has been trying to get into the land for many years. There is the island right near it. She sends her cardguards there to train and attempt to enter Outskirts. All have failed thus far. Out of all the rabbits, I'm the one who goes to the Card Island far more often. I am the messenger after all."

"I was sent there recently. She had giant wooden poles put into the river so that they stick out of the water. I'm able to jump along them without the need for a boat. Except, this last time wasn't normal," she paused and bit her bottom lip. By this point, she probably had marks from where she pressed on her skin. March shifted her hips and pulled back her hand that kept the bandage against her face. "Oh," she said and grazed her cut with the back of her gloved hand. "It appears to have stopped bleeding. Thank you for tending to my wounds, even though I didn't treat it as such before. I should have been kinder."

With slow movement, she let go of her satchel as to not draw attention to it and veered the topic a different direction. "I'll get you a finer bed one day. I promise you that Hatter."

Beckspace Beckspace

Foster Arlett (i haven't slept in like 26 hours so i'm gonna go try to pass out and edit any mistakes here whenever i get up gjbarjb)

"It's a pretty building!" Foster tried to offer, skipping along beside Dottie. She made this Madam Rose seem awfully intimidating... yet nurturing? It was a peculiar combination, one he hoped was only a result of the tiny girl purposefully trying to spook him. It hadn't even been a day yet, but Foster already missed being with his own kind. Not that mice and rabbits and misty people weren't fun-- they'd been quite interesting to be around, to say the least.

He trailed after her up the stairs, standing a step behind her and peering over her shoulder to look at the door. "Does... if she wiggles her toes when she's happy, but also wiggles them when she's plotting to do who knows what, does this mean invading someone's personal space makes her happy?" He asked, trying not to think too hard about... that, and the other rather concerning things Dottie had mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back