• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tale of Wonderland {Temp. closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
tumblr_m65p7t7DUk1qi7ul8o1_500.gif

Narissa held onto the boy who wanted to come with her. She looked at the other with her blank eyes.
"But it seems your brother wants to come with me. You wouldn't want to deny your brother the chance to see the palace....experience new things, all with the comfort of a prince. You could both be my princes. Every Queen needs her successors, after all..."
She smiled and let go of the boy's face.
"Do not worry about fitting in, dear boys, no one will question your presence once they know it was i who invited you both. You can ride back on Croweth if you wish as well. She is one of the fastest and most beautiful mares throughout Wonderland."

Beckspace Beckspace

Dottie-NPC
"You'll have to find out yourself," Dottie smirked and kicked the base of the door. It swung right open, and the moment it did, smoke poured out around their feet. It actually had a refreshing scent. A mix of pine, nuts and rose. It could easily sooth one's shoulders. She ushered the flower boy to follow her as she continued down a corridor. "Most of the base levels hold the weapons. We need to be able to grab them quickly if need be." She walked past more rooms until she stopped in front of a giant vault. "This holds the most dangerous weapons, they tend to be influenced by magic."

Before leading the boy to a spiral staircase, she showed him the food storage and a kitchen where the made large quantities of food. Dottie hopped up the steps until she reached a plateau. "This is the sick or injured level. The hallways on either side of us hold tons of our people who need medicine help. We tell people to avoid this level. We'd prefer everyone to not get sick or hurt, as one should. Well," she tapped her chin, "I wouldn't mind if you were sick or hurt if you worked beneath the Queen. But, any who."

Dottie walked forward until she made it to the continuation of the spiral staircase, and hopped up the steps again. There was another floor, "this is for the severely sick or wounded. These rooms are the ones Madam Rose keeps near her own room." Dottie pointed up the last few steps of the staircase. There, at the very top, was one last door. Completely secluded from the rest of the building. "And, now it's time to meet her. Go on, she is far happier when the new arrivals enter first."

Svisttt Svisttt

Cipher listened to Aris' words carefully, nodding at the mention of the horse's intelligence. As he watched Aris pet the horse, a twinge of sadness came to Cipher. For some reason, he hoped this wouldn't be the last time the Grey Rabbit saw his horse. It would be terribly sad to lose such a companion, or at least, Cipher thought it would be. The Black Rabbit shook his head, now was not the time for such sentimental thoughts.

When the Grey Rabbit tensed, Cipher instinctively placed his hand on the sheath of his dagger. Although his dagger tended to be for stealthy kills, it would have to do. He spun around toward the direction Aris was looking, but heard nothing. He waited a few moments, knowing that the Grey Rabbit's ears would not trick them. The faint thudding of hooves eventually reached Cipher's much-less-capable human ears. He wondered for a moment if he should bring back his rabbit ears, but decided against it, as Aris was already more than enough.

As the rider came closer, he recognized one of the castle's horses, and then the White Rabbit. Cipher took his hand off of the sheath, but remained slightly tensed. Solia was never exactly a friendly sight. The horse stopped in front of them, with the White Rabbit seeming rather irritated. Cipher tilted his head slightly as Solia spoke, his eyes curiously glancing over her choice of attire. It wasn't the stealthiest thing in the world, but it would have to do. It's not like there was anything he could do about it, Solia always seemed to dress flamboyantly anyway. Cipher was taken aback slightly at the White Rabbit's apology. Although it was certainly warranted, he'd never heard her apologize to anyone, aside from the Queen perhaps. She didn't seem too happy about doing it either.

Cipher gritted his teeth, he was hoping he wouldn't have to put up with the White Rabbit's self-righteous criticisms during this trek, but it seemed likely. Solia might still be angry at him for what happened earlier, but hopefully she could save her little "talk" for when they got back to the castle. Cipher quickly turned around and followed Aris into the Mushroom Forest, his dread of the place muffled a bit by the presence of the murderous White Rabbit close behind.

(I'm sorry! I always forget to put these in)
Rabbits:
Katsuya Katsuya Danidify Danidify
In the Forest: AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Beckspace Beckspace Svisttt Svisttt Coriander Coriander

Last edited:
- Nanna Nevermind -

"Very well. At least you're here now. Unless we don't wish to see the traitor ever again, I think it's time for us to start moving."

With a sharp nod, the white-haired individual mounted off her horse, oddly gentle as she patted it goodbye. Then she followed behind the tense Black Rabbit who's behind Grey, keeping her disappointed frown on her mix-matched face. Seemingly to stay quiet since she wants to complete this mission at all cost because the Queen has ordered them to. On the inside, however, she felt relieved and immensely amused.

These suckers actually fell for her excuse!

Nanna honestly thought with the way her sister had poured abuse onto these two over the years, the Grey and Black Rabbits would pick up on something; anything strange about her, but she guessed not. It could be because they needed to catch the Brown rabbit quickly and so they couldn't ask her any questions.

'All the better for me', she thought as they trailed into the mushroom forest. She pulled her dark cloak closer to her body as to not be spotted because of her sister's obnoxious clothing choices. Then she remembered about her white hair too, so she made a tight bun, tucking the last bit of her hair to secure it before pulling up the hood over her head.

Her thoughts started to wander as her piercing blue eyes stared at the pair in front of her. From all her sister's memories, these two do appear quite a bit and her sister believes them to be lesser then her. Solia was a prideful annoyance, this is true, but there were reasons why she trusted them in the first place. Grey more then Black, it seems. It could be because they arrived when called on the right time or perhaps because he does his job seriously and Solia . . . might have respected that ------ A tiny, tinsy, weensy bit of respect!

With the Black, it seems he was lacking in most of the departments to being competent --- or well, to her sister anyways. In reality, Nanna can see that Black was busy about something and had to run back. He is known to be the fastest of the Rabbits, he could've been far and the messengers took too long to reach him. Of course, her sister is arrogant and blind . . . ironically.

'Now is not the time to think of Solia.' Nanna thought angrily, her hands hovering over her sister's precious daggers from the Queen as the unusual noises around them had got her to be tense. She have to stay alert while in the forest, not trusting anything within.

Rabbits: Little_Willow Little_Willow Danidify Danidify
In the Forest: Coriander Coriander AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Beckspace Beckspace Svisttt Svisttt

Madam Rose - NPC
Madam Rose lifted her left hand and extended her fingers. MIRACULOUS! Her jewel was just as stunning as it was every single day. After a fine shining, a short cleaning, its edges perfectly reflected the little light she had in her room.

One foot at a time, she hoisted them up and rested her ankles on giant mushrooms that filled her quarters. In her other hand she held a long pipe. Pink smoke swayed from out of the chamber, filling the air with her favorite scent. She rarely ever smoked it. Only when she was helping a patient of hers.

From beyond her door she heard:
"And, now it's time to meet her. Go on, she is far happier when the new arrivals enter first."

"Oh?" she said beneath her breath and curled her toes. "A new treat? What a day?" Madam Rose chuckled. "What a fine day, indeed."

Svisttt Svisttt
f363a0 - Hex color for others to use

Last edited:

♦♣♠♥​

The mushroom forest was such a nasty, murky place. With every footstep hitting the soil beneath, Aris become less and less motivated to keep going. Crackling, tearing, light movements or shifts of whatever it might be. Aris could hear it, and it did not have much of a settling function. It always bothered him greatly when he could not properly place what made the noises he heard, and in a place like the Mushroom Forest, it was something he most definitely suffered from. At least it kept him alert.

While his ears twitched and turned under the pressure of unknown noises, Aris kept steadily moving forward with his eyes chasing past the ground in an attempt to notice even the slightest mark. Visual tracking, however, was not his area of expertise.

"Have you spotted anything yet, Solia?" He would wonder, more so asking it to make sure she was actually paying attention. The Grey Rabbit would expect her to do so, but at times like these, it was mandatory to be 100% sure.

Despite knowing all too well that there were dangers hiding between the tree, Aris did not quite consider that it was probably best to keep his voice down, but instead, he had spoken in his usual straightforward and thus sufficiently hearable tone. Besides, his footwork was dedicated, to say the least, not that he cared all too much. This was his usual tunnel vision issue appearing slowly but surely, placing him in a state where he wouldn't really pay attention to something not as important as the true matter at hand. Finding Brown would be goal number 1, so slowing down his very own movement for the sake of less noise was not worth it. Besides, if anything did think about attacking, he had plenty of arrows ready to make an end to their pitiful existence.

Some very interesting things seemed to have entered his forest. The moment their feet had hit the slowly dying grass he could tell that they were no normal fools. The recent events of visitors might have invited them in but none the less, they were rabbits. He didnt need to see to tell anyways, judging by their gentle steps the way they walked ever so slowly through the fog. He didnt even need to decide on if he was going to or not, he was already on his way. His short rest had filled him back up with energy and shifting was now fairly easy.

He took his time, there was no rush by the pace they were going and by the looks of it most of the threat had gone away, or was busy searching for a lost prey. Those poor beast's, he knew the feeling entirely. But Cheshire got bored easily and dwelling on prey was the best way to get bored. He shifted between trees, after his foot hit a root he would poof back into the space of nothing before repeating it several times. Getting there was, as he said before, very easy. He sat far in the branches above, lightly slipping down the branch before perching himself. Judging by the way these little rabbits were headed, they would pass him soon enough. Jumping into the action too soon was very boring, so for now he could only hope for them to get attacked by a bandersnatch or something along the lines, for entertainment sake obviously.

Little_Willow Little_Willow Katsuya Katsuya Danidify Danidify (Rabbits)
Beckspace Beckspace AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Svisttt Svisttt (Forest Dwellers)
~Time to torment some rabbits:bishiesparklesl:~​

"I'll get you a finer bed one day. I promise you that Hatter."

The Hatter pretended not to notice the satchel the rabbit finally let go of. It didn't seem she wanted to speak of it, so he did took the liberty to not bring it up.

"Ah, promises," he said with a distant smile. "Promises and pie-crusts are made to be broken."

The Hatter jumped up onto his feet. "Come! We mustn't sit here and chat all day!" He reached down and pulled the rabbit up to her feet. "You've stopped bleeding. Good. There is work to be done. What size is your hand, do you say?'

He tossed the used teacups into the sink and bustled to collect his things. "Madame Rose will be busy today, the whole rebellion too, I should say. Two new recruits and an exciting new plan to be put in motion. My dear March hare, you will do wonders to camp morale. Just when we thought all was lost. Then again, I never hoped as much. Why else would I go so far away from the camp unless-- Are you coming?"

The Hatter was at the doorway when he realized his new rabbit friend was not following. Perhaps she didn't know to come. He beckoned to her with an almost impatient look.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

Dane and Dean- NPC
Dane was getting nervous now. The Queen was touching his brother's face. One false move and off goes his head. Dane took a step forward, then a step back, then another step forward. He reached out and grabbed his brother's hand, even though Dean was too busy admiring the Queen's beauty even after she let go of his face.

"It's a really nice offer, your highness, but really my brother and I should be going. We are late to an important date," Dane said. He tugged at his brother's arm.

"I want to see the palace, Dane. I'm sure Hatter wouldn't mind-"
"Dean!" Dane interrupted in a low frantic voice. "We have to go. Now."

Dean sighed, resigned, and Dane let go of his brother's hand, knowing he would follow. Dane bowed to the Queen and forced himself to walk away without running for his life. Dean, however, did not follows brother. He picked up a crinkled and torn flower from the ground and handed it to the Queen.

"I'm sorry I can't go with you, my Queen, but I hope you enjoy this flower," Dean said with a wide smile.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

The rabbit winced as he spoke of promises. She didn't believe what he had said, but March wasn't given anytime to speak back when the Hatter had suddenly sprung up, and then grabbed her from the floor. She gasped as her eyes were stuck wide when she felt Hatter's touch. Yes, he had saved her, but that didn't change the fact that she was in close proximity to him. He had grabbed her. Something that every rabbit avoided.

In that moment though, her toe hit the side of the teacup on the ground. With haste movement, she reached down and picked it up while attempting to ask, "My hand?" Not only was her question unanswered, but rather he removed the teacup from her hand and threw it in the sink. She opened her mouth again, but, she hadn't any time to speak as she dodged the Hatter.

She lifted her finger, "New recru--?" This time, March ducked down as the Hatter reached for one of his things, and then another and another. The brown rabbit continued to move out of the way, until she tripped over her own feet. Her knees just about hit the ground. She pivoted on her toes, twisted, spun and stood straight up again from where she had begun, and saw Hatter had made it to the doorway.

And then he beckoned her to come.

Her finger, still being raised during the entire dance, curled into a fist and fell back to her side. March pursed her lips, growled and marched right up to the Hatter. She was about to lecture the madman about his inability to hear a single word she was saying, but instead said, "You mustn't leave the camp too often. I don't know if you realize it but-" Marched walked past him and took a deep breath, "-you are the equivalency to Alice. If you wander, I am sure the rest of the rebellion would too. You," the brown rabbit looked over her shoulder, "Maddest of Men, could ruin Wonderland just by leaving."

And, just to soften the situation again, March veered to, "Where are we going?"

Beckspace Beckspace
Svisttt Svisttt

1537234920017.png
Narissa stood up straight and watched the two boys. They didn't trust her. They were making excuses to not stay with her. But one did. One was smitten with her, ready to follow her wherever. He handed her a trampled little flower. She stared at it and twirled it between her fingers.
"i haven't heard that name in a long time. Hatter. What has happened of you, old friend."
She tucked the flower into the pocket of her dress. She clapped her hands together and Croweth walked over to her. She mounted the horse with ease and looked over at the boys.
"Hatter is welcome to join us at the palace. He and I used to be friends, once upon a time."
Her voice sounded sad, almost like she missed the madman, but she cleared her throat and straightened her back.
"I am offering you both one last chance to join me."

Beckspace Beckspace

The Hatter laughed. "Equivalency to Alice? What a thing to say! I can never be Alice. Alice is Alice, and I am I, and you are you."

He lead the way out of the tent and towards the only building in the camp. Hatter started to whistle a tune as they walked passed the tents of rebels. Some peeked their heads out and stared at the odd couple. Some were disgusted, some scared, some happy to see that the hatter was back. Either way, the Hatter didn't seem to notice, and no one spoke up.

He stopped outside the building and looked over at the rabbit. He stopped whistling and fidgeted with his glove.

"Let me ask you something. What color are mirrors?" The Hatter asked. Alice once gave him an answer to that question, but he could;dn't quite remember the answer, or he did but couldn't understand it. Alice was a strange one.

Last edited:
Dean and Dane- NPC
Dean frowned. The Queen looked sad, and the flower didn't seem to help. He looked back at his brother.
"Dane-"
"No. We can't. Come on, Dean," Dane said, not even bothering to look back. He knew his brother would follow, he always did. They were never apart, the idea of separation never existed in their minds. Dean shrugged.

"Goodbye, Your Highness!" He waved and then skipped away, following after his brother.

Was she following? Dane didn't know for sure, and he couldn't turn and see. He just needed to get them to a mirror. They'd be safe in the rebel camp, and then he could tell Hatter what they learned.

March followed the Hatter. She understood what he had said, but still, just from the looks of the people in the camp, one could tell how they saw him.

And how they saw her.

The rabbit's ear slowly fell. She ducked her head and kept gulping down her shame. There were so many races, so many people, that she had helped destroy by earning their trust first. Unlike the gray rabbit, she didn't much spy. March didn't hide or try to fish information. She saw what she saw, wrote what was told and delivered. People knew her face far more personally.

Now, March felt eaten away at. Each pair of eyes that dismissed her chowed down on her being, as they should. She deserved it after all. And, she was mighty scared. If anyone attacked her, she wouldn't want to even fight back...

The Brown Rabbit lifted her gloved hand as they walked. She grabbed onto the hem of Hatter's clothes. Not enough to tug or pull, she wasn't even sure if he noticed, but she felt so lost. March was wandering in scary terrain, and somehow, she felt safe holding onto the one who she feared when he touched her. In this instance, she saw herself as a child, clinging onto the one person who could possibly protect her, even if he hadn't planned to do such.

Then, Mad Hatter stopped. As he turned around, March quickly let go of his clothing. It was then that she noticed that he had guided her to a building. She raised a brow. The rabbits had never known of a building in the camp. There had never been any information spilt about it. It should stay that way.

"A mirror, it's color?" she finally spoke and stepped back while tapping a finger to her chin. "One would first assume it clear, but that can't be true. Then another may assume it silver, for the back of it is such and helps the reflection be more clear. But, that also wouldn't be such either." She pondered for a few more heartbeats. "It must be green then. If you face two mirrors towards each other, you'll witness eternity, but, you will as well see the color becomes apparent the further you look inside. Forgive me if I am wrong."

Beckspace Beckspace

1537313411568.png
Narissa watched the boys go. She rubbed the flower through the pocket of her dress. A small smile graced her lips. The first genuine smile in a long while.
"Goodbye, boys."
She didn't yell to them, letting them leave at their own pace. She gently rubbed Croweth's mane and urged her into a slow walk. She arranged her skirt and cape to lay comfortably for both her and the mare.
"Hatter, what have you been doing?"
She looked up at the sky, whispering to herself more than anything else.

Beckspace Beckspace

(It's a bit longer than usual, sorry!)

Cipher trod along behind the Grey Rabbit, his heart sinking as they traveled deeper and deeper into the wretched forest. What used to be a small ball of dread in his heart was now an enormous lump of fear. Cipher could feel his heart beat faster with every step, and hoped none of the others could hear it too. Dark, fearful thoughts crept into his mind, though he didn't know if it was the forest's doing, or his own imagination.

The other Rabbits didn't seem to notice his fear, and if they did, they didn't show it, and rightfully so. Fear was a sign of weakness, and weakness was taboo among the Queen's Rabbits. If the Queen caught one of her Rabbits showing weakness, it could easily earn them a beheading. They were supposed to be fearless creatures of unwavering loyalty. They were supposed to strike fear into the hearts of all who crossed them. And here Cipher was: scared of a forest. The Black Rabbit tried to convince himself that there was no reason to be afraid, but something deep inside him knew he wasn't just scared of the forest. He knew that there was someone in these woods, someone far worse than a Brown Rabbit.

Cipher refrained from saying anything to either Rabbit, not wanting to be the reason a creature or an enemy noticed them. He was so focused on the silence that he jumped a little when Aris suddenly spoke up. The Grey Rabbit's voice brought a small bit of reassurance to Cipher; if Aris thought it was safe enough to talk normally, there must be nothing dangerous nearby. Cipher watched the ground for a few moments, matching Aris' purposeful gait, hoping that it would fill him with just as much purpose as it seemed to with Aris.

The Black Rabbit looked up and gazed at his surroundings, hoping that no angry or malevolent creatures were lurking in the distance. Tiny flickers of fire-like light between the trees proved the existence of some life in this treacherous forest. From what Cipher had read in the palace books, the flickers he saw were tuttle-birds; tiny birds, no bigger than the palm of his hand. The birds were curious creatures, they had pretty, luminescent wings, with crests and tails that glowed and sparked like fire. Though Cipher had never seen one up close, they were said to emit a gentle warmth. It was strange to think something so docile could live in a place like the Mushroom Forest. According to his books, tuttle-bird legs were a snack for the rich, and the little birds could be used as candles on cakes; both of which, Cipher thought, was a rather gruesome fate for the poor creatures.

Of course, tuttle-birds weren't the only creatures residing in the forest. The much more ferocious and violent bandersnatches also called this place home. There were toves too, but the corkscrew-nosed badgers weren't very aggressive, at least from what Cipher had read. The Black Rabbit tried to recall if he'd read on any other especially dangerous in the forest, but couldn't quite remember anything else.

Cipher sighed, his fear returning as soon as he snapped back into the reality of the situation. Distractions from the imminent danger of the forest were few and far between. Deeper into the forest the Rabbits went, each step leading them closer and closer to whatever or whoever, awaited them.

Rabbits: Katsuya Katsuya Danidify Danidify
In the Forest: AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Beckspace Beckspace Svisttt Svisttt Coriander Coriander
Mentioned Queen: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

- Nanna Nervermind -
"Have you spotted anything yet, Solia?"

Nanna narrowed her eyes, staying as calm as possible while walking in a dreading forest. "No. Nothing yet." Her tone is sharp and cold, offended at his own tone. Using her ability to spot anything that's moving unnaturally as she snarked back in a whisper, "Did you hear anything yet, Grey?"

There was no way her sister would take that tone easily. No way, not with her overbearing pride.

The more they walked in this creepy forest, the more uneasy Nanna felt. It's one thing to sneak in the castle, act like her now dead sister, and be someone else all just to make sure she stays alive; it's another to survive a forest that's known to be very dangerous and possibly not come out alive. She doesn't know what hidden creatures can be living here or what plants might eat them or what sort of trap will hap-

"Something's here." The secret twin muttered, widening her search with her Sight ability. Seeing tree upon tree, bush upon bush, plants upon plants in a rush, but nothing. She couldn't see this presence. Grabbing onto the handles, Nanna pulled out her daggers, tense at whoever is here.

Rabbits: Little_Willow Little_Willow Danidify Danidify
In the forest: Coriander Coriander AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Beckspace Beckspace Svisttt Svisttt

The branch that Cheshire was perched on shook ever so slightly as he got up. The motion jostled the nearby wild life, sending birds flying and signaling the bugs to silence. He didnt dare step down onto the floor below, the rabbits being way too tense and way too deadly. The previous one he had enjoyed messing this was at least a bit injured, these were healthy, ready rabbits. But he could only hope that he would change that, either mentally or physically.

No, instead of calling the rest of the attention to himself he simply shifted to another branch, the wood slowly dipping down under its new weight. He did this a couple of times until he was just above them, swaying in the shadows and keeping that devious grin spread across his features. It was obvious of his arrival, he just doubted they knew what was coming, or what was already here. When he stopped his shifting, he chose a large branch about 18 feet above them. Sitting there, crouched down and watching. If they had ignored him maybe he wouldve too, but of course that would be boring. For now they would play the game of hide and seek. Though he doubted they truly wanted to find him.

Little_Willow Little_Willow Katsuya Katsuya Danidify Danidify (Rabbits)
Beckspace Beckspace AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Svisttt Svisttt (Forest Dwellers)

♦♣♠♥​

Solia's response to his question was a nice reminder of what they had been missing out. He could already feel minor irritations pop up by her mere tone of voice, and the snarky question shot right back at him did not make him feel any better. Luckily, Aris was pretty good at containing his own emotions.

"No I have not, Solia" he would respond, his tone not differing from the usual cold and blunt voice. He had the urge to just tell her to keep her mouth shut, but that would only lead to far too many problems. Besides, Aris was well aware that their current situation was making him a bit more tense than he usually was. Acting out right now would probably lead to regret down the line.

With determined footsteps, Aris moved forward while putting most of his attention to the noises around him. He was slowly but surely growing accustomed to the natural noises around them, but that did not make them any less bothersome. Too many chirps, rustles and such would all add up into a chaotic mess that was hard to navigate. It was the exact reason why Aris wasn't much of a fan of crowded areas since his ears could not handle it. This forest, however, was not comparable to a crowded street, though, for it was not a loud overwhelming noise that was bothering him. No, it was paranoia. A fear of the unknown hiding between the trees and mushrooms alike.

For a while, nothing of importance reached the Grey Rabbit's ears. It seemed to be peaceful for now, but peace did not last long, it seemed.

Aris's ears twitched at the sudden arrival of a new particular sensation. Minor thuds or rustles of some sort, gradually becoming louder and louder.

Just when the Grey Rabbit froze in place, Solia confirmed his fear. Something was around them. Somewhere, hiding like a pitiful being. Aris expected no less from the inhabitants of the Mushroom Forest.

Grabbing his bow in a swift movement alongside an arrow from his quiver, Aris aimed his attention to the trees. He could hear it, faintly but clearly enough at the same time. "It's above us." He would say, keeping his eyes aimed down at the ground up until the noise stopped far too close to them.

With a swift movement, Aris's eyes darted up. His bow would follow quickly, his finger aching to pull the string. He would remain silent, simply waiting for the oddity to show itself. One thing was certain, though, he was definitely not afraid to fire at whatever would reveal to be pestering them. Today would not be the day for them to become a prey. They were the hunters, and that would not change.

Little_Willow Little_Willow Katsuya Katsuya (Rabbits)
Coriander Coriander (Little pest)
Beckspace Beckspace AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Svisttt Svisttt (Forest)

♦♣♠♥​

Hatter did notice that his rabbit friend was clutching his shirt as they walked through the village, but chose not to say anything about it. Maybe she was cold and wanted the warmth of his clothing? But if he gave her his own clothes, he might be cold. Either way, it wasn't a very cold day, or was it night? Time is at it again, the trees help him. She mustn't have been that cold, for she gave a very interesting answer to his question indeed.

"It must be green then. If you face two mirrors towards each other, you'll witness eternity, but, you will as well see the color becomes apparent the further you look inside. Forgive me if I am wrong."

"Ah, so a mirror is the color of eternity, and eternity is is green," The Hatter commented, placing finger to his mouth and tapping it lightly in thought. He had never seen eternity before, so he didn't know what color it was, but green was as good a guess as any, maybe even more than a guess if it was correct. Although.

"Alice said that a mirror is reflective, and so it doesn't have color. So I asked her when a mirror was no longer reflecting, what then was its color. She said it would no longer be a mirror," Hatter explained. He turned to the rabbit and smiled.

"Your answer may very well be right. Green seems to be a viable answer. But you and Alice both forgot that mirrors do more than just reflect." He turned to look at the building again. "If she had remembered, she may be alive today. Or not. The past is as uncertain as the future. That's why we should just focus on the present. It's the only part Time lets us partially control."

He started walking again, up into the only building in the rebel camp. "I think you will like Madam Rose. She also dwells on the past. She may be seeing our little flower friend this very moment."

Dane and Dean- NPC
Dean skipped behind Dane, but had to start running to catch up with him.

"Dane! Slow down!" Dean called.
"Hurry up! We have to get to the Hatter and tell him about the Queen's plan," Dane explained, not slowing down.
"What plan?" Dean asked. Dane finally slowed down and turned to his brother.
"The Queen wants a King! It's obviously a trap, even you should see that."
"No, I think she's lonely and wants some companionship." Dane laughed outright at his brother's reply.
"That's ridiculous, Dean. Love doesn't exist, especially not for a woman like her."

Dean actually looked hurt at that comment, a feeling Dane didn't think his brother could feel.
"Does that mean you don't love me, Dane?"
Dane frowned at his brother, and then sighed, exasperated. He walked up to his brother and placed his hands on his shoulders.
"Dean, you're my brother. I have no choice. I have to love you."

Dean took a step back, kicking his brother's hands off of him.
"So if you weren't my brother, you wouldn't love me?"
"Of course I wouldn't love you, because love doesn't exist."
"But you said you had to love me."
"No, I mean yes I do, but that's different. Love is different for family."
"Dane, you're not making sense."
"I'm making perfect sense! You just can't see it because You have to be the happy one and I have to be the realistic one!"
"I'm real, Dane!"
"I said realistic, Dean. Not real."
"You're not the realistic one. You're the sad one. You're sad all the time. So sad, you can't see the truth."
"Dean listen to yourself."
"I'm going to go back to her. I'll help her be happy. Apparently I'm good at that."
"Dean, no. I won't let you."
"You don't have a choice, just like you don't have a choice loving me."
"Dean!" Dane reached out and grabbed Dean's arm, but Dean just ripped his arm away.
"I'll find her love, and I'll come back! I'll prove love exists, and then maybe you'll love me like I love you."

Dean took off running back the way they came. Dane watched him in shock. He debated going after his brother and dragging him through the whole Mushroom forest to the rebel camp. Dane inevitably decided against because there was no choice. His brother was doomed. Everyone was doomed.

Dean found the Queen and her pretty horse still close to the lake, and he sighed with relief.

"Your majesty! I came back to help you!"

1537928623681.png
Narissa was getting ready to leave when she heard the boy again. She halted Croweth and climbed down. She smiled softly to see him return. She had expected his brother to be moments behind, but the other never showed.
"It is wonderful to see you again. Is your brother not joining you?"
She removed her black cloak and threw it around the boy's shoulders. She clasped it, looking down to find it was rather long on him.

Beckspace Beckspace

Dean (and not Dane)- NPC
Dean scrunched up his face at the mention of his brother, as if it physically hurt that he wasn’t there with him.

“No. He’s not coming,” he said quietly, but his face brightened up when the Queen wrapped her cloak around him. It was much too big on him, maybe a whole foot, but Dean was overjoyed by the kind gesture.

“I’ll see him again soon. It just seemed to me that you needed me more.” He reached out and patted the horse on the nose, laughing as he did so.

“I want to help you find your King. I don’t know how I can help, but I’ll do the best I can. And then my brother will believe in love and love me not just because I’m his brother but because he loves me,” Dean explained. He scrunched up his face again, this time in thought, not pain.

“Whenever my brother and I look for something, we try to visualize what it might look like, that way we know what we are looking for. I don’t really know what Kings look like, though. Do you?”

black-and-white-photo-of-ripple-effect-on-the-water-s0nrfd-1.jpg
Narissa smiled at the boy. He was very sweet. She moved to help him up on Croweth.
"Most kings are usually the ones to rule the kingdom, but I inherited Wonderland. I want a king who will listen to me and follow, but also challenge me. I want a king who can be a king as he is and not act as a king."
She climbed on Croweth, sitting soundly behind the boy and grabbed the reins.
"Thank you for believing in me."

Beckspace Beckspace

(I'm sorry that this one was so short -and late-! I was having trouble writing much today.)

Cipher continued to follow behind Aris, wincing slightly at their indirectly aggressive exchange. The petulant tone taken by Solia was particularly surprising. The tension between the Rabbits seemed to be getting higher and higher the deeper they trekked into the forest. This concerned the Black Rabbit; in times like these, the last thing they needed more disunity and infighting.

Distracting himself was becoming increasingly difficult, as most things in the Mushroom Forest practically emanated danger. With his rabbit ears gone, Cipher relied on Aris' body language to alert him to any possible danger. It wasn't his favorite thing to do, relying on others, but bringing back his ears could waste energy he needed for a battle, so it would have to do, at least for now.

After a bit, Cipher started to relax, or at least, as much as he could in a forest filled with danger and creatures waiting to torment and possibly devour them. His footsteps soon fell into a rhythm, a quiet and careful beat, repeating over and over.

"Something's here."

Cipher's heart picked up speed. It went into a frenzy as soon as the Grey Rabbit stopped moving.

"It's above us."

Cipher quickly looked upwards, his hand moving to his silver dagger in a flash. He internally berated himself for not grabbing a sword in his rush to catch up to Aris. He unsheathed the dagger, knowing full well it wouldn't do much to a large enemy. Cipher wasn't able to see what the creature was, but what he could see was some sort of murky shadow among the branches. The Black Rabbit shifted his weight nervously from one leg to the other. He hadn't seen a shadow like this in forever, and he hoped it wasn't who he thought it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back