• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tale of Wonderland {Temp. closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
“Hold on,” March growled and craned her head to glare at Cheshire. “Who said you can leave?” She let go of the boy, balanced on her toes and jumped in the air. She flipped between the trees and landed in front of the mischievous cat. The brown rabbit reached out with a dainty hand, took hold of his collar and pulled it in a warrior’s grip. “You’ve been playing with me, you kept me here. You have no right to walk from me.”

She pulled the cat close. “If that boy is around me, he will die. You must guide him out of the forest and I’ll go a different direction entirely. Don’t worry, once you get him out, you can go on your merry way, and I’ll leave you alone forever.” March let go, turned away from the both of them and crouched down preparing to jump. “Good luck.”

Coriander Coriander
Svisttt Svisttt

♦♣♠♥​

Aris's numb eyes stared forward as he listened to the plans the other rabbits spoke of. He agreed that Solia's eyes would be very useful in the search for March. What he took a liking of even more, however, was the fact Solia mentioned he and Cipher could handle the situation without her. The Gray Rabbit wasn't particularly interested in working together with others all that much, especially when such people were so.. controlling and overconfident. Aris's approach was much more individualistic, but he could live with the presence of someone who was also used to working alone. Solia could even end up being a nuisance anyway due to her primarily spending her time within the castle walls. Her job was to serve. To command others for the Queen's sake, not to venture out into the dangerous lands of Wonderland.

After Solia finished, it was Cipher's turn to vocalize his suggestions. They were, in the opinion of the Grey Rabbit, solid and much more useful than the ones given beforehand. It proved how the Black Rabbit was one to think ahead, not just to plainly state what would have to happen. Aside from that, the slow approach aligned perfectly with Aris's former occupation. As a spy, he was best at observation and remaining seemingly invisible while doing so. He was sure he could be more of use tracking March rather than fighting the Agile Rabbit, mostly because Aris's had doubts about whether he could even take her on or not. Circumstances would play a huge factor, considering Aris would probably win in longer ranges whereas March would dominate close up. Predictions aren't really worth anything, though, so all he could do was hope for the best.

The spy had felt no urge to add something onto what was already said, and it luckily seemed to have not been needed anyway. The Queen had dismissed them, sent them off to track after the rabbit that had suddenly abandoned them. It was painful and slightly frustrating to know someone he trusted would betray him and everyone else like this, but now was not the time to think about such things. If they were to meet he would treat her no longer as an ally, no longer as someone he respected. The Brown Rabbit had turned into a Viper, and she would be treated as such.

Having offered a quick bow to the queen, Aris watched as the woman walked away. A slight glimpse of fear bubbled up inside as he reminded himself of what had happened to the Rabbit who had failed to do his job. Knowing that he was most certainly not ready to die yet, Aris developed an odd sense of determination. He would succeed, for failure was not an option.

"I'll be ready in five minutes." Aris said, quite clearly talking to the other two rabbits. He was gonna need some time to retrieve his bow and to make sure they actually had something to eat for along the way. He wasn't sure how long they would be outside, so it would probably be useful to prepare. "I suggest we meet at the main gate unless one of you has better plans." he would add, swiftly glancing over to Cipher and Solia in search of an answer. Once having received a response from both of them, he would turn and quickly start walking towards the large throne room doors. He would then quickly pick up his bow and quiver before his minor journey through the castle would come to a start. First stop, the kitchen.
Interactions: Little_Willow Little_Willow NyxDarling NyxDarling
Mentions: AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

♦♣♠♥​

Last edited:
Her hand stayed lifted to her lips, fingers splayed as the blood dripped from her digits, her tongue sliding over wickedly as she lapped from her own blood. It had been a habbit she had grabbed from back in her past, to keep her calm and because of the first time the Queen punished her, the pain had been immeasurable; both physically and mentally. She recalled how the blade dipped into her stomach, how it dangerously came close to letting her guts spill to the floor. She had forced the white (black and white technically) rabbit to consume her own mess from the floor, the mess being a pool of blood left behind after she was stitched up by the Queens royal nurse after being punished. The rabbit had reluctantly lapped the blood from up off the floor, revelling in the demeaning act she took a liking to it and eagerly consumed the last drips of blood from the floor.

The act had first degraded her, but the taste of blood became a unique calming factor in her life after the Queen had praised for her subserviance. Her eyes chillingly drew over the gaurds as she watched them shakily watch her act of horror. That was a part of it as well, it kept everyone fearful, if she was willing to taste and consume her own blood. What else would she be willing to do to others who would anger her. The fact that self distreatment of herself, neither concerned or caused her much disabilizing effects. In fact it caused her to be much more keen than anything else. Her senses seemed to clarify more, and her eyes were able to collect more data from her surroundings. The ability to discern and sluethe not only excelled but became exceptionally A grade. A vaible metalic taste seemed to do this either way, which is why sometimes she would just bring a metal flick and keep it in her mouth if the situation called for it, as in if she needed to stay in her tip top physical state. But this time was different, her anger was bubbling as she continued to think of brown, grey and utlimatley black. Although the thought of oranges head rolling across the floor alleviated this some. (I know gruesome. But i want you guys to trully know her. Everything)

Gingerly she listened to the last of the Queens words, and than the well thought out and presumed calculated plan of black, her temper simmering softly at the fact that both brown and black spoke up after her. Black had made a perfect proposition, but it should have been assumed and already known that they would have to be carefull. The fact That it had to be said, was rather in her opinion foolish. But seeing as at the moment she had an order from her Queen. She would still her rage towards such a waste of time and forgive black for his transgression...for now. Turning to black before addressing greys simple inquisitives "black; I swear, keep our Queen safe. And we shall have a chat later. Dont run from it, and dont just give me a nod next time. Respond or ill think you've gone inept,and that, well lets just say you wont have a fun time my dear grey" her demeanor changed as she let her digits drop as the blood started to subsist. Her fingers drawing over the thin material over her thigh, staining the suit red as the blood slowly dripped its final plips of fresh deep red along the fabric, causing her white suit to look take on a terrorish vibe to its eccentricity along her form. As she wiped the final dregs of blood from her fingers, she turned to grey, her demeaning gaze cutting through his words as she finnaly listened in on what he was saying.

" Be quick grey, we cannot waste anymore time, like black has already. Am i understood?" she let her words his out as she reached out with her unharmed hand, her eyes catching his as he continously seemingly kept her gaze. "do not fail as the other rabbits, not in the slightest. You are the only rabbit left I leave ith what little trust i have left" her grip tightened before she released his shoulder, eyes finnaly droping from his as she looked away and cleanly and robotically walked away from the both of them, shouldering past Black with a dismissive snarl. Her feet slammed against the flooring before she threw the doors open and walked out.

Danidify Danidify NyxDarling NyxDarling Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 @AEONmeteorite

Last edited:
Foster Arlett (i wrote like half of this at 7 in the morning while disgustingly sleep deprived and began writing the other half like right after waking up i'm so sorry if this is a little jumbled!)
(also I just realized Foster's probably never been hugged before and I'm weeping)

Foster watched as the rabbit came a bit closer to him, tensing when she reached to grab the woven flowers, briefly wondering what she would do with it. He'd begun to reach his hand out to grab for it, although he froze when she gently placed it back onto his messy red curls. Letting his hand fall back to his side, the boy hesitantly looked up at the rabbit, a mix of confusion and a bit of fear clouding his eyes.

“Come a little bit closer, you’re in the shadows my flower,”

My flower?

He barely had time to react, when the rabbit wrapped her arms around Foster in what he assumed was a friendly gesture, although that didn't stop his shoulders from tensing up once again. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on, no one had ever done this before, though the kid eventually rested his head against the woman's stomach. Foster hadn't realized how tired he was, which shouldn't have surprised him given how little he slept before heading out, and he'd never felt so strangely safe befo-

“I am sorry, my boy, I desolated your kind. I earned their trust, just to kill them all…”

Oh.

Oh.

This... had taken a turn. He looked up at her again, brow furrowed slightly as he searched for words to say. Nothing came out, and he simply buried his face again, trying to seek out that same comforting warmth once more. It didn't come, with Cheshire deciding to take his leave. Foster felt the rabbit let go of him and he glanced up, only to see her jump higher than anyone he'd ever seen. Which... technically was no one. Flowers weren't very fond of bouncing around. Despite how much of a wreck his emotions had become in a mere half hour, Foster couldn't help but let out an excited laugh as he watched.

Then both of them were gone, and the fear and sorrow that had been building up suddenly rose up within him again. He couldn't even begin to place why he felt this way- if Foster was being honest, he was beginning to realize how empty he felt most days. Wrapping his arms around himself, he took a few deep breaths, wondering how people managed to deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis. It felt... well, awful, but Foster found himself not hating it. Not that he loved it either, of course, but this was... this was different.

The boy sat down on the dewy grass, knees pulled up to his chest as he squinted to try to see through the growing fog. He could still hear them, faintly, and that made him feel a little better. After a few moments, Foster looked down, only to find small flowers beginning to grow around him. He pouted a little, before looking back up at the fog. That hadn't happened in awhile...

Coriander Coriander
AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

As soon as the Queen made her way out of the throne room, Cipher felt his shoulder's drop. Had they always been so tense? Probably. He still wasn't completely relaxed, however, as the fuming Solia was still present. He turned towards the white rabbit, listening to her berate him.

"Black, I swear, keep our Queen safe. And we shall have a chat later. Don't run from it, and don't just give me a nod next time. Respond or I'll think you've gone inept,"

Cipher gritted his teeth. Some days, he thought Solia fancied herself the Queen instead. "Of course I will, Solia," Cipher replied "Don't worry, I won't run. And I haven't gone inept." He bit his tongue to prevent himself from responding with anything other than his usual respectful manner. He watched Solia turn to Aris, his ears flicking up at Solia's comment about him. It was nothing new, sometimes Cipher believed Solia hated him the most of all the rabbits, at least before March ran away. He told himself that one day Solia would overstep herself, and would be punished for it.

As soon as Solia left the throne room, he let out a sigh. He glanced at Aris. He didn't think they were very good friends, but Cipher did appreciate his clear-headedness, which helped to counter the Queen's and Solia's mindless rage, if only a little. He gave Aris a small, and slightly weary smile. "I guess I won't be going with you two," he said "Make sure you're careful out there. I'll see you later." Cipher carefully exited the throne room, and quickly grabbed his silver dagger. He studied it for a few moments, before gently putting it in the sheath.

Cipher walked through the empty halls stuck in his own thoughts. He wondered what he should be doing. Sleep obviously wasn't an option, as he had to wait for the other rabbits to return and show him the path to take to find March. Perhaps he should get himself ready, so he could leave at a moments notice? Cipher began heading towards his room, planning out what he was going to bring. He kept the idea of Solia's "chat" in the back of his mind.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 NyxDarling NyxDarling Danidify Danidify AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

Last edited:
Cheshire could've probably kept the little rabbit there for longer. But it would mean a larger pain to deal with. They were fun being all frustrated, over emotional and crying always ruined it. So, Cheshire let her go, watching her crouch down and leap. Her jump height was impressive to say the least. But where she was jumping to was the real question. If she found her way to the to the mad mans tea party, it would be game over and the chance of war would be sleek. But it was out of his hands now, her death was far beyond.

"Well then kid, You seem to know where you are." Cheshire turned to the small crying child on the floor. "You can get home yourself! So good luck and good bye!" And Cheshire walked. He walked into the foggy darkness that was his forest, swaying to the invisible beat that strummed in his head. "And dont follow me, your a nuisance!" Cheshire called back, not bothering to look. The leaves were especially crunchy today, making soft crinkles under his feet. The air left his face chilled, his eyes getting dry way too quick. It was the perfect weather for not doing anything and sleeping.

Svisttt Svisttt

♦♣♠♥​

Aris stood still while he waited for a response of the other rabbits, Solia being the first to give him some attention after quite aggressively speaking to Cipher. Although he had plenty of words stuck in his throat, he knew it was not his place to get in between their personal feud. Besides, Cipher seemed capable enough to take care of himself. What mattered most right now was for them to take action, and luckily that is what Solia seemed to be aiming for as well.

Ignoring the remark made towards Cipher in Solia’s response, Aris simply turned to face her and nodded only to find himself once again caught in her deadly gaze. His ears were quick to be overloaded as well, for Solia came with a rather unexpected.. compliment of some sorts? It was interesting to know she trusted him and even more so dared to say it. Perhaps that wasn’t very unusual for the White Rabbit, but he wouldn't know that. Their interactions had been minimal and based around the queen, so Aris would have no idea how the woman truly was. Although his mind flinched for less than a second, Aris quickly recollected his thoughts to respond in his natural manner. Short and simple, the seemingly opposite of Solia’s speech manners. “I won’t fail, Solia. Trust me.” His voice was as confident as ever, fueled by his former successes. Aris, although not proud of all his actions, knew more than well that he was a good spy and servant. He wasn’t afraid to state that either, as shown by his bold remark.

After having replied to the Queen’s Right Hand, Aris was quick to turn away from her the moment he could. There was nothing left to say, at least not until they would meet at the gate. The Gray Rabbit didn’t watch her walk off, instead of listening to how her loud footsteps made space between the two.

And that left him alone with Cipher, someone who he didn’t really know what to think of. There hadn’t been much time for interactions between the two, but Aris did know to keep in mind that the Black Rabbit helped him when he asked him to. He sometimes felt like Cipher and himself were a little more alike, although he truthfully didn’t know all that much about him. It was unfortunate, but not something Aris spent much time thinking about. He was good at being lonely anyway.

Seeing Cipher smile was an odd.. sensation. Usually, the smiles he saw within the castle came from sadistic nature, but this one didn’t seem to be. It caught him off guard just ever so slightly, but not enough for the listener to not hear his words. Aris couldn’t help but feel slightly conflicted when the Rabbit said he wouldn’t be coming with them, that sense increasing when Cipher told him to be careful. A sign of what felt like empathy was an uncommon one, but not one Aris was against. Nevertheless, he wasn’t very good at showing emotions which resulted in his expression looking as cold as usual. His eyes, however, might have secretly been begging ‘please just come with us’ ever so slightly. The only obvious reaction Aris initially gave, though, was a nod.

“I’ll come to get you once we’ve figured everything out.”
he would quickly state as he watched the Black Rabbit walk away. Aris’s ears later twitched at the sound of the throne room doors closing once again, making him come into action to finally leave as well.

Having armed himself yet again with his trusty bow, Aris started walking through the halls in a slight rush. He knew precisely where he was going, taking quick, calculated turns to eventually make his way to the kitchen. A few commands later, Aris left with a small bag filled with various food that would at least keep himself healthy. He would have to venture out to make himself useful, so rations were more than welcome.

Having collected the food, Aris made his way to his own room to swiftly adjust what he was wearing. The Gray Rabbit always made sure to dress more formally when inside the castle walls, so he could use a slight change when leaving them.

Sturdy leather boots, brown trousers and a short robe over a white linen shirt to keep himself warm enough in the cold dark winds. Upon grabbing and checking his weapons again, he was ready to go.

Aris would arrive just in time at the main gate like he had planned. If Solia happened to already be there, he would merely say “Time to go.” while deliberately avoiding eye contact. If not, a game of silent waiting would begin.

Last edited:
Foster Arlett (guess who's still dead tired even though they took a nap)

Foster wasn't sure what 'nuisance' meant, although he didn't think it was a very good thing. Regardless, the child didn't try following either of them, staying seated by the shrubbery poking into his back. He roughly wiped stray tears away from his face and sniffled quietly once Cheshire was out of sight, consumed by the fog, and he quickly tried to compose himself again. Though, he knew there was probably no need, Foster suspected the two peculiar people were gone now. Why had he even left the garden again? It was just to go for a walk, wasn't it? He hadn't been able to sleep- though now that was all he wanted to do. Was all of this worth it?

The boy gently touched the petals of one of the now fully grown flowers next to him as he peered into the fog, wondering how he'd be able to get back to the garden. He hugged his knees a bit tighter, horribly frustrated. With himself, with the fog, with this stupid forest- mostly himself, though. Partially because... he didn't want to go home. Not yet anyways, despite how tired physically and emotionally he was. Things here were different, things here were new and interesting, and Foster was surprised to say he liked it. Even if things hurt.

But... they'd be worried about me, wouldn't they?

He knew the Flowers wouldn't forget about him, he had been there for far too long for that to happen quite yet, but would they miss him? Foster was sure a nuisance wasn't a good thing, and if that's what he was, then he-

He shook his head, cutting his own thoughts off. Now was not the time to mope. "Sleep for a little bit first. Then decide what to do. Everything will be okay!" He soothed himself quietly, rubbing at his sleepy eyes. Foster carefully lied down by the flowers he had grown, with the bushes' branches covering him ever so slightly. The dew on the grass created a weird but refreshing feeling on his skin, and though it made his clothes a bit wet he was too exhausted to care very much. Foster told himself over and over that the fog would probably clear enough to give him some sense of direction after he rested, and though he didn't quite believe himself, sleep quickly took over before Foster could argue with himself any further.

Coriander Coriander

March hadn’t ever made it so deep into the forest. It was pointless to waste time trying to find the rebels through this mess. It always seemed like a better choice to wait till they had come to them. But, in some ways, that meant that the Queen could never keep an eye on them.

Well…who knew, maybe the gray rabbit had made it. The March Hare knew of times that he infiltrated smaller camps spread throughout the land, but this was the gold mine.

As the brown rabbit jumped, there were a few creatures that made her skin crawl. But the ones she most avoided were the bandersnatches. Because she could jump high and at decent lengths, she was able to avoid most of them. Every now and then, she’d land right next to one. The problem with this is that March had to run a bit before she jumped again, in that time, one could easily bite off her foot.

Another thing March noticed was the dense mist. There were times that it seemed to thin, so she’d jump high to see if she could spot anything, but the mist continued upward. “What is going on?” she said beneath her breath as she jumped high above the trees. “How in the world could anyone get through this?”

The rabbit dropped down, and there she saw one, a bandersnatch, and it was a touch bigger than the rest. It probably reached a little past March's hip. "Well, hello..." March sighed. Now was not the time. Nonetheless, she whipped out her sword and prepared to fight.

Coriander Coriander Svisttt Svisttt (Still in forest)
Just A Midget Just A Midget (Could be in forest)

It was like walking through tall grass, the fog was so thick. It was one of the main reasons why Cheshire never came out during the mornings. The creatures of the dark that were heading back to their nest's were almost always harmless. The horse flies never really went away, their nasty bites always left terrible marks. And the occasional snake vine always snagged a leg. But the real monsters were always in the clearings. If it was big enough to fit a person, it was big enough to fit walking shadow snappers and Bandersnatches. So Cheshire took the safe rout, weaving in between tight branches and close tree trunks.

He found that no matter where he was going he always knew where to go. A clearing showed up, the creatures shapes coming into view ahead. Cheshire shifted, feeling the light airy mist take his limbs, and reappearing on the other side. It would be a fairly lang walk to his tree, but none the less it would be a fun walk.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Svisttt Svisttt (Forest)
Just A Midget Just A Midget (Maybe Forest)

The Mad Hatter
The Hatter was either very lost and very late, or definetely on the right path and very early.

Though he doubted it, it was possible that he wasn't lost or late. Even though he tended to be. Maybe time wasn't angry with him anymore, he certainly didn't feel as bad as usual today. Maybe he had turned over a new leaf, not that it was hard - he turned over a new leaf every day and planned to do as such until he ran out of leaves. And this particular leaf had meant he was now only ever early to things rather than late. The only thing he never used to be late to were his unbirthdays and tea-parties, both of which were at six o'clock. Courtesy of time making it so his pocket-watch always read six o'clock.

Which was rather rude of him really.

Usually at times like this he'd ask the hat for some tea, maybe some saucers and tea-cups too, but she seemed to be in a bad mood today. He'd tried to get a tea-pot before and had ended up with a chair, he hadn't known what to do with it and had left it by the start of the Mad land. It was where he went whenever he needed a moment to drink some tea by himself, everyone complained about how odd it was but to him it made more sense. Maybe it was everyone else that was the wrong way round. He didn't see why it should be the Mad Lands fault that people found it confusing.

Though the Mushroom Forest was beginning to annoy him, he wondered if it was mad at him too, for the smog was confusing and stopping him from being able to properly see his way. He was meant to be meeting some people at the Mirror Lake and instead he had found himself in the mushroom forest wandering about as he tried to find the Lake. It wasn't entirely his fault, his hat wouldn't give him the map and if the hat refused to give him the map and he had refused the idea of company so there was no one to guide him, so he couldn't possibly find his way. Not unless he remembered how to get there without the map, which he didn't.

He frowned and paused at a particularly bright red mushroom, he was sure this was an important one. Looking to the left and right of it he decided to venture away from the path slightly and head further into the fog.

The sight of a small boy laying on the ground was what greeted him.

It wasn't what he had expected.

"Hmm....a flower and a boy...I once met a woman who was part mushroom...or was it part bear-" He trailed off thoughtfully and gazed into the distance for a second before refocusing and looking at the sleeping form of the flower-boy, "Frightfully dull...this fog and the boy....strange that he chooses to sleep in it when he could have tea instead."

The Hatter debated about whether or not it would be wise to wake up the boy, personally he found the idea of sleep rather useless. You didn't have to be asleep to dream and so the process was pointless. He much preferred to stay awake, drinking tea if he got too tired, compared to resting.

He knelt down besides the boy, trying to decide upon the best way to wake him. He didn't want to scare the lad. Maybe he should throw a card or a tea-cup at him? Or just some tea in general. That used to work on Alice. And flower boys couldn't be all that different to human girls. It was all the same really. Probably. Though that would be a waste of excellent tea.

"Boy!" He yelled finally, his voice rising an octave at the end due to the excitement. The Hatter hoped that the boy could help him on his way, or simply just provide company.

With a tilted head and a curious expression he rocked on his heels and wondered if that was enough to wake the boy up, otherwise he'd have to resort to other measures. At the least he may be able to get some flowers, he hadn't had any flower-tea in a long time, jugding by the small array of flowers growing around where the boy slept.

(( Svisttt Svisttt or just anyone who's nearby AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Coriander Coriander ))

Foster Arlett

Foster had fallen asleep quite quickly, lulled to slumber by the chattering wildlife waking to greet the day. They were pleasant, familiar sounds to him, despite him being in a place otherwise terribly new to him. He'd been to the Mushroom Forest before of course, his garden was close to the brink of the place, but never had he strayed far enough to come to such foggy parts of it.

His sleep left him as fast as it had arrived at the sound of a shout, with whatever had been spoken lost to Foster as his eyes shot open in surprise. He saw... legs? Sitting up quickly, the boy scrambled backwards to put a bit of distance between him and whatever had found him, only daring to look at its face once his shock died down a little. It was a man with frizzy red hair, pale skin, and a rather large top hat, his head tilted off to the side curiously. Still trying to blink the sleep from his eyes, Foster mumbled, "Wh-... hi!" He knew he probably should be working on getting further away from this person after his experience with Cheshire and that rabbit, but maybe this man with a pretty hat knew where he was going.

And then he could go home! Maybe. He still wasn't sure what to do.

Foster tugged at a lock of his own hair as he carefully watched the man, not focusing on anything in particular. "Who are you?" He eventually squeaked, a bit wary but intrigued.

Just A Midget Just A Midget
Coriander Coriander AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite (in forest)

687293.jpg

Narissa stood in her bed chambers, watching the moon in the sky. She was dressed in a red nightgown with a white robe thrown over it. Her face was bare and her hair damp from her bath. She was at her most vulnerable here. That was why she had two Cards at both of the doors every day. She couldn't risk losing her throne to the rebels. Especially since she was down two rabbits. She couldn't afford any failures. She walked over to her main entrance and opened the door.
"Cards, I want posters throughout Wonderland declaring my desire for a king. I want them up tonight, prepare immediately."
The two Cards nodded and left, two more replacing them soon.
Narissa nodded and walked back into her room. She walked out to her balcony and leaned over the railing. She looked out at Wonderland. It was so beautiful....and all hers. And soon she would have a king at her side.

Addressing: *boop* No one
Mentioned:
*boop* No one

The Mad Hatter
"Hello! Good day? Good morning? Good afternoon?" He paused unsure of what exactly it was, his watch had been lying to him again. All because of time, he really needed to have a tea party with the man. The Hatter paused again at the boy's question, holding his hand out expectantly. "I'm the Hatter...The Mad Hatter if you will-" He glanced around the forest before refocusing on the flower boy, "What are you doing so far from home? Unless this is your home...if so I have to comment on how frightfully dull it all is...the fog is dreadful and I'm extremely lost." His mouth quirked downwards into a pout and an almost petulant expression graced the Hatter's face, Alice used to tell him that he was childish but he'd never been able to understand that. He wasn't a child and he hadn't been a child since he was a child, he was a Hatter - not a child and so he couldn't be childish.

Then again, Alice had always been a strange one.

Shaking his head and refocusing on the boy he moved closer to him. "It's also customary for the other person to introduce themselves...usually over a cup of tea but the hat is being picky today so no more tea." His lips quirked upwards as he leaned closer to the boy, maybe today would be his lucky day after all. "I don't suppose you have any tea?" He questioned hopefully, "Or a map...either would be useful."

Svisttt Svisttt

It wasn't like a bandersnatch was incredibly hard to defeat. Compared to Alice and her rebels, this creature was nothing. But, not only did March want to get away fast, she also felt sick inside by the mere thought of killing the bandersnatch. A curious thought had entered her head, no, it wasn't curious, it wasn't strange, it was painful. Would killing the bandersnatch make her like the Queen? Would be become as heartless as the Queen of Hearts? She couldn't do that! The brown rabbit couldn't be like the her!

A panic flooded over the rabbit. Filled with confusion and hate. The bandersnatch growled and hissed at once, yet, March didn't noticed.

Was there a right time to kill? Is killing ever necessary? Should she try to speak with it, be friends with it, love it? Or...

"Ah!" the rabbit belted as the creature latches it's jaws around her calf. Was that her answer?

in forest -
Coriander Coriander
Svisttt Svisttt

Foster Arlett

"I-I think it's morning." Foster squeaked, his eyes darting upwards to look at the sky. Despite the fog, he could tell it was a bit lighter out now than how it was when he ran into the rabbit and Chesh. It didn't make too much of a difference when it came to sight, not that he could tell anyways, but at least it was something! Right?

He listened carefully as the man introduced himself as 'the (Mad) Hatter,' doing his best to commit the name to memory. Of course, he didn't think he'd forget it very easily-- he didn't know many names after all. Plus, the man's name was a fun one to Foster. Hatter. It reminded him of the hat he wore, although that was probably just a peculiar coincidence.

"What are you doing so far from home? Unless this is your home...if so I have to comment on how frightfully dull it all is...the fog is dreadful and I'm extremely lost."

"...Ah!" Foster fervently shook his head, "Nuh uh, I got a little lost myself! I went for a walk and then I met some people and now it's not much of a walk anymore and more of a sit. I live-" He stopped himself before he continued, wondering if telling this person where he lived was a good idea. He decided against it and shrugged slightly to cover up his sudden pause, "-somewhere else!"

The boy was a bit taken aback when the Hatter scooched closer to him, reminding him of the two from earlier- particularly Cheshire. Letting his body move on it's own, he moved backwards once more in an attempt to get a little more space between them, blinking rapidly when the Hatter leaned a bit closer and continued talking. Things about hats and tea and maps and introductions- Foster had a hard time focusing on the words. "I'm-I'm-..." He stuttered, momentarily forgetting what he was supposed to say in his flustered state, "Foster!" He quickly blurted after a pause. Words came a bit more easily to him again after he introduced himself, manifesting as a flurry of questions. "I like tea. Does your hat make tea? Why does it make tea? Why is it being picky today? It's just a hat, right? Or is it something else? I don't have any tea and I don't think I've had any in awhile," Foster finished with a little pout- only to perk back up again and chirp, "Whatsa map?"

Coriander Coriander AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite (forest boisssss)

(Sorry this is a bit long, I mainly wanted to get a description of Cipher's room down so I wouldn't forget what I thought it would look like. Also, I really hope this roleplay will start up again soon!)

Cipher ascended quite a few flights of stairs, and made his way down the corridor. He stopped in front of an arched doorway near the end of the hallway, his bedroom. Cipher pushed open the dark -almost black- door and stepped inside, quickly closing it behind him. He instantly became more relaxed, as the atmosphere changed from that of the echoing, ominous castle corridors, to that of his own quiet bedroom. Cipher let out a long, deep sigh. Regardless of this small respite, the looming and hateful presence of the Red Queen lay just beyond his door, waiting to bite his head off at any moment.

Cipher had a somewhat large room; it wasn't enormous by any means, but much bigger than any of the servants sleeping-quarters. The walls of the room were a simple tan, while the thin trim at the base and top of the walls were a darker, almost black color. The floor was made of smooth, square tiles, arranged in a pattern similar to that of a chessboard. The tiles were black and tannish-orange, with tiny flecks of other colors mixed in every so often; it was a strange combination, but interesting to look at nevertheless.

The most interesting thing in the room -in Cipher's opinion- were the designs on the walls. Unlike some of the other rabbit's rooms, he hadn't made specific requests, but rather just asked for something interesting. The walls had paintings of Wonderland creatures on them, from the intimidating bandersnatch, to the mimsy borogrove. The paintings didn't have any color, and were instead only black outlines of the creatures. These outlines, however, were not simple in the least. Every last razor-sharp bandersnatch tooth, and every flimsy borogrove feather was made visible by the artist. The painted creatures were rather peculiar, but Cipher was quite fond of them nonetheless.

The entire room was rather well-appointed. To the right of the door, near the corner of the room sat a large wooden bookshelf -one of the few things Cipher actually requested-; which contained many books about Wonderland, such as it's history, it's flora and fauna, and it's different environments. Cipher's personal favorite book was a fairly large one titled Wonderland and it's Curious Creatures. Although he could just go to the castle library, Cipher had always preferred to read where he could be perfectly alone.

His bed, his most frequent reading place, was against the wall opposite the door, in the left corner. Below the bed was a medium-sized, soft black carpet. On the wall opposite the door, were two identical arched windows, each jutting slightly outward from the room. One window was set so that it was able to cast sunlight directly onto Cipher's bed in the late morning to early afternoon. The first window's twin lay past the foot of the bed, and at the same time would cast it's light just a few feet from the black arched door that led to Cipher's closet. The closet contain all of his outfits, formal and casual alike, which would be washed by the servants whenever he deemed necessary.

Cipher removed his cloak and threw it onto the dark wooden coat rack beside the door. He took off his gloves and gently placed them onto a mirrored wooden dresser that sat a few feet away from his bed. The black rabbit then trudged over to his bed, and flopped onto it, kicking off the black boots as well. Cipher sighed again, this time into the soft pillow. He reveled in the quietness of his room for a few moments, before sitting up and looking out the window. As the sun slowly rose, the morning light filtered lazily into the room, giving it a gentle, and strangely safe glow. Cipher peered down to see the castle gate, and the figure of what he assumed was Aris. Cipher frowned; he wished to assist the grey rabbit in the search for March, but he knew that doing so would risk the Queen and Solia's anger. At this point, anyone disobeying the Queen would probably lose their heads before the days end.

(Edit: Sorry! I forgot to add the tags!)
Danidify Danidify NyxDarling NyxDarling Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Last edited:

♦♣♠♥
(Sorry I took so long, getting ready for school sadly)
Patience was a virtue Aris fortunately possessed. Having essentially been raised in the castle and having worked as a spy, it was more like a necessity rather than a simple positive character trait. Aris was no stranger to waiting hours, even days for a result, but for some reason, impatience started clouding his mind after a mere five minutes of waiting. The rustling of leaves, footsteps coming from all over and various natural noises caused by the fierce winds made Aris only wonder even more where the brown rabbit had gone. He wanted to go out and track the traitor as quickly as possible, for he was sure not to underestimate a servant of the queen. Another of said servants, however, was greatly delaying him.

"So not even one of you has seen her?" Aris spoke in a direct, blunt tone. His back was turned to the guards, while his eyes stared into the darkness. A brave guard's scruffy voice was the first to follow. "No, Sir. Not even a glimpse." The man answered, a slow sigh being generated by the Grey Rabbit as a result. He was not a fan of latecomers, especially when they were in such a critical situation as this. Trying to contain the tingling of annoyance that was boiling up inside, Aris turned to the guards. "I guess it can't be helped then. I'll go out alone for now." The spy pulled his bow over his shoulder, resting it alongside the leather quiver as he turned again to face the guard that had brought his horse to him. Slight nervosity seemed to appear on the guard's face who had spoken up first. Apparently just having one rabbit out on search seemed to be a bother to him. "But couldn't you just wait for one more minute? Maybe she will-" "Alert the Black Rabbit that I gravely require his assistance, please." Aris interrupted, annoyance getting the best of him. He wasn't going to wait for a latecomer to arrive, especially when he knew that Solia probably would've done the same. Anything for the queen was the motto after all, right?

The guard felt the need to keep muttering his unnecessary advice while Aris gallantly jumped on the horse in one clean movement. His hands grabbed a hold of the rains before he turned to the guards one last time, luckily noticing that two of them had taken it upon themselves to go search for the Black Rabbit. "Point him and Solia into my direction, understood?" he watched as one of the armoured individuals nodded clearly, quickly turning his attention to the dark path.

With a determined flick of the reins, Aris took off to the west in the hopes of finding even just a clue. He imagined March had run somewhere to find shelter, but where exactly was obviously a mystery. So he just guessed that, for now, heading west was his best chance at ever finding her. The Grey Rabbit was sure to keep his senses peaked, though, even keeping his eyes busy as they searched with the aid of the lit torch he was holding. Glancing backwards at the castle walls, Aris just hoped that the other Rabbit or even Rabbits would catch up to him to increase their chances of success. He definitely didn't miss Solia's bossy attitude, but she was still a good addition to the team. He could only imagine how useful her eyes had been to send them in the right direction, but now he had to result on his very own talents.

And so, the search for the traitor began. The first rabbit had come into action, ready to do whatever he had to fulfil the quest.

The Kingdom

It had happened during the night and early morning. Posters were scattered among the towns of Her kingdom. In some of the bigger cities, the card guards made announcements in busy street and on stairs capital buildings. The Queen of Hearts wanted a king. And, from what it looked like, anyone could participate. At first, only a few appeared to want to take the opportunity. They were the strong, the strategic and swift. People who had already made a name for themselves figured, the Queen would likely pronounce them king. Those men made way for the castle first.

But then, those who knew the Queen knew that she could want and do unexpected things. Among families in the rich and in the poor, parents spoke to their eldest sons. Finding attributes and abilities that She may find pleasing in strange ways. They sent these men off with gifts and tender words to prepare for the Queen.

They also went to those who lived in the Madlands. The guards and posters went there too, and most of the creatures and being tore down the posters. They had no need for them there, that's what they thought at least. It took awhile in their coo-coo brains that maybe the Queen wouldn't mind a mad king, and perhaps, it could be their one way of bringing down the kingdom. Thus, they sent a few, oh so very little, of the least mad beings.

Last was the Mushroom Forest. Covered in mist and confusion, they simply pasted the posters to the trees at the edge of the woods, figuring someone might read it eventually, and perhaps the Queen could get a rebel on her side, and she'd know everything.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Danidify Danidify
Coriander Coriander
Little_Willow Little_Willow
Svisttt Svisttt
NyxDarling NyxDarling

Cipher watched the scene occurring below at the castle gate. When Aris mounted his horse, Cipher's ears pricked with worry; Solia was no where in sight. He knew the Grey Rabbit could handle himself -in fact, he was probably more competent than Cipher in that regard- but the Queen's Rabbits had many enemies outside of the castle, too many for one rabbit to handle on their own. As Aris rode past the castle gates, Cipher considered following him, but the Queen's orders rang clear in his head.

Cipher's attention turned to the door, as quick and anxious footsteps echoed down the corridor, closing in on his room. The Black Rabbit jumped off of his bed. He quickly slipped into his boots, and dashed over to the dresser to put on his gloves. At that moment, a card soldier entered his room. "Cipher, sir. Aris needs your assistance! It's quite urgent." Cipher thought for a moment about the Queen's orders, but quickly convinced himself that she would understand. Cipher nodded "Of course. I'll be at the castle gate soon." With a silent nod, the card soldier retreated.

Cipher checked the sheath at his hip to make sure he had his dagger. He then grabbed his cloak, pulled it around himself, and snapped the silver clasp shut. Cipher then wrapped a hand around each of his rabbit ears, concentrating a small amount of his energy to cause them to disappear. If he met anyone who somehow knew where the brown rabbit had gone, he hoped they would be more likely to tell him if it wasn't so obvious that he was the Queen's Rabbit. If not, Aris might be able to scare the information out of them.

Cipher quickly exited his room, making his way down to the castle gate. The guard who he'd spoken to earlier showed him the direction Aris had went "Will you need a horse, sir?" Cipher shook his head "No, I'll be fine." Cipher usually found that the horses were rather difficult to maneuver in rough terrain, and he assumed March was hiding somewhere that was difficult to access. It would be easier to not have to worry about a second horse anyway.

As soon as the gates opened, Cipher darted forward. As he ran, the Black Rabbit's mind filled with anxiousness. He hoped he'd be able to help Aris. It seemed to him that the usefulness of the Grey Rabbit's hearing and the White Rabbit's sight were far greater than his speed. He'd assumed that's why the Queen had just sent Solia and Aris. Cipher hoped he'd be able to be just as useful. After all, if the Queen didn't find you useful anymore, there was no sense in keeping you alive. He shivered at the thought, but pushed those worries away. Now was not the time to think of such things.

It didn't take long before he spotted the Grey Rabbit and his horse. He caught up with the two, and matched his pace to the horse's. Cipher looked up towards Aris, in his eyes, just a hint of curiosity. "I was told you needed my assistance," Cipher commented, hoping this wasn't just trick to get him to disobey the Queen's orders.

Danidify Danidify NyxDarling NyxDarling Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

♣♠♥​
The galloping of the old horse cluttered forward as Aris repeatedly flicked the reins up and down in a direct manner. Patience, though something he was often forced into, was clearly not quite present after this chaotically bad evening. He was not one to flinch at the sight of a predicament, but an unsuspected casualty and treachery were a bit too much for him to handle without repercussion. To put it frankly, he felt slightly stressed.

Knowing all too well he would probably be punished for a failure, Aris couldn't help but resent the fact that there was yet another rabbit missing. His thoughts lightly slipped into a state of annoyance, the Grey Rabbit quickly shaking his head before focusing on his hearing once again. Despite being in the open air, he had decided to keep off his hood to not barricade his very own power, although it did kind of hurt his ears a little by not doing so. Thankfully, Aris had built up a high pain tolerance over the years.

Surprisingly quickly, Aris could hear the light yet apparent thudding of boots closing in on him, simply guessing that the familiar sound was that of an ally he called for. Aris didn't think it was out of place for him to have requested help, although he made the situation perhaps seem a little more dangerous than it was. Still, he wanted to be completely sure that Cipher would show up, knowing that it would benefit them both once they returned to the queen. He didn't think it would put Cipher in any trouble anyway, considering it was most likely Solia who would receive the punishment for not appearing. Then again, she was cunning enough to perhaps get away with it.

Looking back over his shoulder, Aris confirmed his suspicions and felt a slight sense of relief bubbling up inside. He couldn't help but let go of some of the tension he had built up, although that was visually difficult to notice since he was stoic at heart after all. Aris tilted his head as he heard the Black Rabbit speak up, eyeing him in slight impression once he saw him keep up with the full capacity of his horse. Knowing that he could keep up if not outrun him regardless, he kept his pace the same.

"Solia didn't show up, so it seems we'll be working together." Aris answered, direct as per usual. He simply wasn't going to waste time on explaining any details, not that there were any right now. "I'm headed West. I figure that's our best shot at finding Brown somehow." He stated, quickly reminding himself and his companion with the mission. He deliberately avoided using the treacherous rabbit's name, for his mind was quick to demonize those that betrayed the crown and thus indirectly him as well. Aris wanted answers this instant, but unfortunately had not even a clue as to whereabouts the rabbit had gone. He could only assume she had run or rather jumped as far as she could, but to where was still a mystery. That's why he simply wanted to head west, avoiding barricades and making as much distance as he could in an attempt to perhaps spot or find someone that spotted the rabbit. It wasn't even nearly detailed to be called a thought out plan, but it was at least something.

"Also," Aris added merely seconds after having spoken up. "You can hop on if you want. Might spare you some energy." He turned his head back forward after offering a ride, his ears obviously ready to receive an answer. Aris was preparing for a long search, so it was best to not invest too much energy early on. That's what he had in thought, at least, so perhaps Cipher had different ideas. He wouldn't mind going out alone either, considering that's what he was used to and his ears were probably more useful than fast legs right now. Nevertheless, Aris slid forward just slightly, adding up to the invitation he had given earlier. The Grey Rabbit figured he could possibly get on while running if he wanted to, although that might overestimate the other rabbit's abilities. He had rarely seen him in action, after all, so no one could blame him for that.

Borealios - NPC

Borealios lifted his wheelbarrow and let a heap of manure drop from the metal container and onto his field for the next season. He was working slower than usual, not that it mattered horribly. While some may say it was late at night, to him it was early morning. He had yet to go to bed, he just could not get his mind off something he saw last evening.

He'd never seen a rabbit cry before, nor had he ever seen one get hurt. Borealios had rarely seen a rabbit at all. Usually it was just from a distance, they had no reason to talk to him. But when he witnessed the brown rabbit fall from her own jump, his heart sunk. The farmer dropped everything he was doing to go and help the Queen's Rabbit, yet he didn't make it that far before a stranger of a man appeared beside her and took her away. And by took her away, he meant, completely vanished.

Not only did he feel incompetent for not helping his beloved Queen, but he now debated whether or not he should attempt an audience with the Queen of Hearts. Last time he tried, they had entirely denied him. Truthfully he just wanted to lay his eyes on that beautiful woman.

Borealios shook his head. He just needed to get his mind off things. Perhaps he had imagined the entire scene. After a few more trip for manure, he'd be sure to get a good nights rest.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Danidify Danidify
Coriander Coriander
Little_Willow Little_Willow
Svisttt Svisttt
NyxDarling NyxDarling

Last edited:
As he kept pace with the horse, Cipher listened to Aris speak.

"Solia didn't show up, so it seems we'll be working together."

Cipher's felt his anxiousness returning. Solia... was missing? He sincerly hoped nothing bad had happened to her. Not because he liked her cold and aggresive personality, but because they didn't need any more rabbits missing. Two was way more than enough. First the Orange Rabbit is killed, then the Brown Rabbit runs away, and now Solia was what... lost?

At Aris' offer for a ride, Cipher nodded "Alright." The Black Rabbit flung his arm around the horse, still running beside it. He then leapt up, and swung his leg over to the other side. Cipher tried to keep his balance, while making an effort not to touch the Grey Rabbit. He didn't know how Aris took to someone being so close to him, and didn't want to upset his travelling companion so early into their trek.

Cipher tried to remember if there was any place West of the castle where they could ask about March. He thought back to one of the books he'd read not to long ago, about a farmer who was extremely loyal to the Queen. If he really was loyal, perhaps he'd be willing to tell them anything he'd seen, without them having to threaten him. "Do you happen to know where Borealios' farm is from here?" questioned Cipher, hoping he wouldn't seem incompetent "He could've seen something."

♣♠♥​

Hearing Cipher accept his offer, Aris felt yet another whiff of relief go past him. He was glad that they weren't splitting up, and simply knowing that Cipher was willing to cooperate made him a little more confident that they could successfully end their mission. It would obviously still be difficult, but stubbornness and a reluctance to work together would not have made things any better.

Offering a wary look to Cipher as he got on, Aris made sure to keep his eyes on him until he properly got onto the horse. Seeing the Black Rabbit get on with seeming ease was impressive, to say the least. Turning back forward to divert his attention to his surroundings, Aris scooted forward a little more and attempted to shake his quiver a bit more to the side to offer a more comfortable position for the person behind him. It had been a long time since he offered someone a ride, mostly considering that had happened only on rare occasions

As they moved further away from the castle, Aris had slowed down slightly in an attempt to possibly spot something. His ears, however, were clouded only by the common noises produced by the wind hitting plants and animals awakening from their peaceful slumbers. The world around them was coming into action, and he could only hope the traitor would be an exception to that.

Honestly, Aris still didn't have an exact mark in mind nor did he give it much thought. This was mainly because he didn't know who would be useful to visit, so it was pretty useful when Cipher seemed to do.

Despite his good memory, Aris wasn't all too familiar with the name of the farmer causing him to take a few seconds to think. He usually only paid much attention to more important individuals and, well, a farmer wasn't usually of too much use. Nevertheless, he did have minor interactions with the farmer in the past, and he didn't seem to be hostile to the crown in even the slightest. As for the farm itself, Aris had travelled past several times so he was aware enough of the location to probably find it from here.

"Good idea." Aris complimented, believing that showing a sign of appreciation wouldn't hurt. "I know where to find it, I think. I'll have to go off road though, so hold on tight." He added before quite swiftly making a rough turn to the left in an attempt to take a shortcut. The Grey Rabbit just hoped that this would put them on the right track.

Cheshire got to his precious tree in no time. The twisted branches turning and blending together to make a nest of shadows. He crept up it slowly, feeling the way his body creaked and complained from all the walking and running he had done. Even the multiple shift's had taken a toll on him. He was tired, and most people would say that sleeping in these woods were something not even a mad man would do. But it was Cheshire's tree, his tree with carvings from knives and claws. Multiple stains from various killings along with the occasional bone. Of course, he had helped in this decor choice. Cheshire didn't really like visitors, so the clear choice was to make visitors not want to visit him.

When he got to the top where a large flat branch stood, he stopped. Curling around it and laying on it with a sigh. The mist grew thicker into the sky the higher you went, mostly because the forest hates when people leave. Cheshire leaned on his side and yawned, watching the forest below do its work. The circle of life always fascinated him, smaller things eating flowers just to get devoured by something much bigger. Only then did Cheshire think back to the rabbit. He wondered how she was doing and if she had gotten eaten yet. Well, whatever had happened would have been interesting he just didn't like the way she complained all the time. He hated when people had emotional problems because other people think you have to do something about it.

( AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

Svisttt Svisttt
Just A Midget Just A Midget )
-=I guess whoever is in the woods?=-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back