• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

BasDorcha

Golden Age Dinosaur
The sun was setting over Leventhorn, a pale purple and gold hue fading into a black night of velvet and diamonds. The city hummed, like a million locus in the one willow tree that she could remember as a kid. It felt like a gentle lullaby, the way babies crave the sound of their mothers hearts when they snuggle their ears to her chest. Jess had been living on these streets since she was old enough to run away from her first foster home. The system never worked, at least for her, and she had spent more time out here, sleeping under bridges, scraping for food, fighting for everything she had, then she ever had in some abusive jerks’ house. She reclined her feet on the handlebars of her motorcycle, using her faded and worn leather jacket as a pillow beneath her head. She was between jobs and had just enough cash to hold her over a few days, until she heard back from Jeremy. ((OOC: If anyone is interested in playing this character, shout out))

The street lights of the park flickered in and out, finally coming to full glow as power surged through them. Jess slowly sat up and looked around. A couple across the street walked a stroller and she wondered how people could live content little lives like that. A few feet away some guys were already well on their way into a long night, one laughing to loud and swinging around a bottle. She didn’t have any family, and very few friends, so when she wasn’t working, she tended to stay alone. Well, she had Julie ((Could be subbed for Josh. Again shoot a message)), but Julie only wanted to see her when she had money for that lovely little baggy of shiny crystals that kept her going, but she was trying to kick the habit and therefore staying away.

After she pulled on her jacket, a flame dances before her to light her cigarette. One deep inhale, then she kicked the pedal down and cranked the steel machine. It rumbled like a panther beneath her. Smiling to no one in particular, she shook her long black hair over her shoulders, straighter then a pencil and almost touching the seat, turned greenish hazel eyes towards the true center of down town, and rolled off.

Everything was going right, until the wreck. In her mind it was like one second she good, she looked away, and the next CRASH! “OH NO!”

“Is she ok?”
Her head swam between awake and asleep, groaning as she tried to focus on her surroundings. The day was fresh in her mind, but where was she this second? She couldn’t remember the street she was on or where she was going – probably just shock.. right?

Last edited:
Downtown, Leventhorn. Where the food is slop, rats run amuck on the streets, and there's a hooker on every other corner. It's good to be home. Kayden hadn't been here in years, he ahd moved to the coast to get away from this shit hole. but soon enough he was crawling back on his hands and knees to this dump. He couldn't stand the sight of the ocean any more, not since he lost... Her. He walked down the side walk his ratty red hoodie zipped halfway up, his dark jeans peppered with holes. He had a duffle slung over on shoulder as her trudged through the garbage on the street.

Coming up on the corner he heard the sound of a motorcycle when BAM! it crashed into who knows what. peeking around the totaled bike Kayden could see a girl laying on the asphalt. The few other people seemed to stop and stare but not do much. "Fuck." Seems like he was stuck doing the good thing. He jogged into the street to the girl who she Noticed was conscious. He kneeled down a bite from her. "You alright?"

Adam was walking down the street when the accident happened. He look around to see how he came help. He grabs the motorcycle and pulls it to the side of the street before calling the police. The police usually gets lots of calls from downtown where he lives. You can see lots of crimes and police every day.
Great the police won’t be here for 20 minutes their probably grabbing donuts right now he thought. He puts his phone away. He heads back to his shit hole parents. He wishes he could finally move out but he has a couple of mouths before he could do that.Not wanting to go back he sits on the curb watching everything.

((A good thing to remember is to not leave a scene before someone can respond to you! It a) gives you something to post about next time, and b) gives the person something to respond to!))

Blurry vision slowly came into focus as she grabbed at her temples. Should have worn the helmet. A groan escaped naturally dark red lips as she blinked rapidly. Neon lights flashed around her, like long stringers of light. Everything was throbbing and she was scared to try moving in case she couldn’t. Nothing felt broken, just severely shaken. Not stirred. Looking for the sound of the voice she thought she heard, she twisted her head in the general direction, still trying to open her eyes fully. Man, it was definitely a man. A short man? Giving in to the painful pounding, she tried to push up, sounding like a bad adult movie in the process. “Fuck me, what the fuck.” She tried to think about what happened. There had been a kid, a young kid, way to young to be in this part of town unaccompanied.

Looking up, the kid was just hitting the edge of the side walk, eyes on something across the street. When he didn’t bother to slow down or stop, even look up, Jess had little time to react. Slamming on the breaks, she heard a squeal like a death scream in her ears. Quietly unseen the kid was pulled away, while all eyes were on the girl in the street.

When she felt someone moving her bike she tried to move much faster than her bruised body would allow. Deciding it was probably a good idea to get it out of the way, she fell back to the ground. Why as everything spinning still? Ohhhh great, a concussion? Possibly. If she could just get to The Silhouette Club, she could sleep in the loft room Jeremy loaned her from time to time. “Hey people, I might need some help following my bike out of the way. I don’t think I lost any limbs, everything feels ok, but I am dizzier then a drunk frat boy on initiation night.”

Kayden watched as the dark haired girl clutched at her head and scrambled around on the ground. This chick was definitely not okay. He looked up when he heard the scrapping of metal on asphalt, and watched as a guy came out of a house and moved the bike. He then noticed as he took out his phone and held it to his ear. Shit. was he calling the police? He focused on the boys lips reading them. He definitely said 20 minutes. And then the guy was gone, probably vanished into the house. Fuck, he couldn't stay here. He went to stand and leave but noticed the girl still out of it. And by the look of her she'd probably be in trouble. "Shit," He mumbled under his breath leaning down toward the girl his blue/gray eyes meeting her hazel. "Listen, this guy just called the cops. I assume you want to get out of here before they show up. I'll help you if you help me. deal?" he stood up straight and held out his hand to her.

Cops? FUCKING COPS? Shit! Trying once last time she blinked hard, took a deep breath and opened her eyes. The guy was now standing and looked giant. Ok, maybe she was just laying really low to the ground, but still. The scraping metal made her wince, her poor bike. Nodding, her slender gloved hand reached up and took his, using it to balance as she brought herself to her feet. The world spun, and for the briefest of moments she thought she was going to pass out. Instead, she found herself looking into lovely greyish eyes and either due to the massive concussion she probably just received or the end of the world, she was leaning into him, hand flat on his chest. Too close. Back up. Shaking it away, she took a step back, but didn’t attempt to move her hand, least she end up on her rear again. Her eyes searched for the person who moved her bike, which was now at the edge of the street.

“Did you see where he went? I’d like to thank him for at least getting the old girl out of the way before some asshole came tearing through here. Unlike some guys.” Her eyes may not have portrayed the mirth she intended, after all she didn’t have the best social skills, but she hoped her grin looked as teasing as she intended it too. Jess was quiet and not good with people, but it was mostly because getting to close to people resulted in lots of problems she didn’t need. Still, he had just been the only person who actually came to the street to help her and mystery person ‘b’ was… well a mystery. Who was that?

He held tight to her hand and grounded himself as she stood up. He held fast and watched her closely incase she were about to fall. Thankfully she didn't fall back wards but she did fall into his chest. he let out a little Humf and his eyes went wide as she she. But she quickly recovered herself, he was curious about it but decided to let it go. "I think he went into that house." He pointed out the house." and then tolled his eyes at her little jab. So that's the kind of girl you are. Why am I not surprised. He thought to himself. He could tell she wasn't the best with people, and honestly neither was he. This called for and interesting night

Adam was still sitting on the curb outside of his house. His parents fighting could be heard from inside. He sighs and gets up when the police sirens could be heard from down the street. He jumps when a beer bottle comes flying through his window. “Father is drunk again” he said out loud.

When the bottle crashed and hit the street, shattering, Jess jumped about a mile, and not a good mile. With frayed nerves and the effects of a road rash still eating her up, the noise just startled her a bit more then it normally would have – ok a lot more. Spinning – again to fast – with a small bob and a weave, she seen the kid sitting on the stairs. I know that look… Her eyes drifted up to the window that was now broken and the voices drifting down from above. Were she not in the condition she was, Jess was likely to make a show of putting the drunkard in his place. Turning to the savior of the night, she nodded at the kid. “You have a deal, but that kid, no one should be left to that. What do you have in mind?”

Drunk people make big mistakes, big mistakes turn into hospital visits and excuses and empty homes. A shiver ran up and down her spine. A familiar scene flashed before her eyes of the night she ditched her first foster home. It might as well have been the same yelling voices and the same man and woman. She sat on the same type of stairs listening to them fight about her, him telling the wife to get rid of her, the wife defending her. Enough had been enough, she grabbed what fit in a backpack and headed out. It was a few days before the blue collars caught her and moved her over to the next home.

The crash of the bottle startled Kayden. Man he did not miss this place. When the girl spun to look where it had come from she dragged him with her, considering they were still holding hands. Spying the guys from earlier sitting on the steps he mentally groaned. He could hear the yelling all the way from out here, and it didn't sound good. Shitty parents huh? Fuck. His eyes followed hers to the broken window where he could just make out a figure failing his arms. Once again her eyes met his and he sighed at his word as he could hear the sirens a few blocks away. "I need a place to stay. I assume you have one. As for the kid, he talk to the police, but I doubt they could do much."

He sees them looking and dashes down an alley. He didn’t care about talking to the police he just wants out of here. He was actually quite small for being 17. He doesn’t have any of the skills he was supposed to have like driving a car. He stops to sit behind a dumpster crying and breathing heavy.

Eileen was walking down the streets when she could hear the crash of a motorcycle accident, which startled her. As she turned to look in the direction where the sound of the crash came from, she could see a young woman lying on the streets. "Holy shit, is she okay?!" Eileen thought to herself before rushing over to the young woman as a young man did the same thing. As she watched the young man help the young woman up and the young woman recovered from the crash, she could hear a young boy talking about calling the police.

"Ain't that just fucking beautiful? The police are probably gonna be wasting their time dealing with this motorcycle accident when they could be focused on kicking criminal punks off the streets..." Eileen thought to herself before being startled by a beer bottle flying through a nearby window and shattering on the streets. Eileen knew what it was like to grow up in an abusive household. After her biological father died, her mother remarried a good friend who supported her through her grief. Her new stepfather was rather abusive though, and her mother didn't do a damn thing about it because she came from a family of pacifists. One night, she just snapped and hit her stepfather over the head with a beer bottle, grabbed all of her belongings that she could fit into the first backpack she could find and made a run for it. She had been living on the streets ever since, managing to get by thanks to the kindness of strangers.

Snapping out of her train of thought, she decided to speak to the young man and woman. "If you want to, I could let you two stay in my apartment. It's a couple blocks away, and it's not exactly the most luxury apartment, but it's all I could afford with the money from washing dishes at the downtown diners all night." She offered.

Last edited:
So much was happening so fast. Like a movie clip it replayed in her mind. Zoom, lights, kid, crash, short guy, tall guy, crash, kid, woman. It wasn’t the same kid who walked out in front of her. Watching as he dashed off, she tensed at the sound of the sirens wailing in the distance. There was nothing in particular that she had done wrong, you know, except driving without a license, unregistered motorcycle, warrants for everything from parking violations to failing to show up for probation.... Yeah sure, the cops sounded great. Looking at the man and now the woman before her, she nodded.

“Can either of you drive a bike? I wouldn’t normally allow anyone else to drive her, but until the stars stop spinning around my head, I don’t think I’d be any good on her. I also need just two minutes. No one deserves to stay here with that." A quick jerk of her head indicated the sounds of fighting and broken window behind them, "If one of you can drive, and give me an address I’ll walk over. I do have a place at the Silhouette Room to stay as well – I’m a friend of the owner.” Friend. Not likely. Jeremy would as soon disrobe her as kick her out. He was self-serving, womanizing, greedy, and only tolerated Jess because she often pulled jobs for him that resulted in more money for himself. It was a symbiotic relationship. Still, he could not turn her away. Maybe it was a fucked-up kind of friendship.

After a few moments of waiting to hear their response, she would head towards the direction the kid went to see if he was still around. Upon finding him curled up behind the dumpster, she kneeled down in front of him, careful not to touch him in case he was anything like her. “Her kid, cops are coming. They’re going to want to know what happened, and once they hear that mess from your house, they’re going to want to do a whole lot more talking. Why don’t you come with me, we’ll get out of here for a while.”

(I do have school but I have on my bus ride

He looks up at her scared. He curls up even more against the dumpster. “I don’t trust you. Everyone that lives down here are the same. I’m not a kid I’m 17 I’m just small.” As he moves one of his recent punches sends a wave of pain up his back. He has lots of cuts and buries over his body.

Kayden's Head snaps to the new women. She looked completely innocent. Why would she help us? He bounces on the balls of his feet not liking where any of this is going. And he looked at the dark haired girl, listening to what she was saying The Silhouette Room Really? Not the most friendly of places. What had he gotten himself into? He was just looking for a place to stay for a few days while he got back on his feet. He wasn't expecting a motorcycle crash and a girl to hit her head and for him to actually play good Samaritan and help. God living on the coast for those two years must have made him soft. "Alright, I'll take your bike back to-" He looked at the women who just joined them realizing that he didn't know any of their names. He shook his head and carried on. "He place, but if your not their in half an hour. I'm not coming to look for you." He said coldly

Her soul broke to watch him wincing. Why should she care? She never did before. Something to do with bringing home lost puppies. A sigh escaped her lips followed by a quick darting tongue to wet her lips. Slowly she pulled her jacket off her shoulder and a sleeveless shirt and bare shoulder scarred in lashes popped into view. “This is from a foster home I was in when I was eleven. This one –“ she pulled it down further and small round circles spotted her arm faintly, “My real father before they put me into foster care.” Shrugging the jacket back into place she gently reached out and used one finger to attempt to guide his head up If he looked up, she would meet his eyes, where nothing but seriousness, honesty and truth could be seen with a touch of tenderness. “I’m the last person who would hurt you. I’ve been through too much to hurt a young man like yourself. I can offer you a place to get away from it, if you want. It wont be easy, but at least it might be better then where you are.” Regardless of whether he looked up or not, she’d still speak the same words. Afterwards she would stand up, adjusting herself as she did before offering him a hand up. “I’ve got to go, are you coming?” The sirens had moved closer and her head was pounding worse then ever. She had to get moving, now, or she’d be good as jailed. She looked up at the man and woman she could picture being just beyond the corner of the alley. He said he’d take her bike, but she had to make it back to get the address.

He looks at her not talking. He gets up and follows her. He never trust anyone as he gets bullied and beat up by his parents and peers. He had drop out of school and gotten a job at the club. It was supposed to be for adults but he somehow gotten the job. He pushes his hair out of his face as it is now getting long he hopes to be able to get out of here but with his situation he won’t be able to.

Eileen nodded to Kayden. "Sure, we could meet at her place as well. Whatever works for you guys. I'm getting the fuck out of here now before the police show up, so I'll see you over at the woman's place." She told the young man before making a dash for it to try and get away from the scene, not wanting the cops to catch her when she has a warrant out for her arrest for unpaid parking tickets. She bolted as fast as her slender legs could carry her, being quite fast. One could say Eileen was born a runner.

She hoped that the kid would be okay, as she couldn't stand to see children grow up in an abusive household like that. If she could, she would shatter one of those beer bottles over the alcoholic father's head to teach him a lesson about the way he treated his own son, but it would be wise for Eileen to stay out of the situation, because if she were to stick her nose into the kid's business, she would most likely only make it worse.

(I'm not sure how to respond to this, mainly because some of the grammar in Phoenix's post confuses me, and therefore I'm not sure how to respond to it.)
(My apologies. I'm not the best with grammar and tend to type how I speak. Honestly I was confused as to how to respond as well. I'm not used to Group Rp's.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back