• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Source- OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Thats perfect. Thank you. I honestly doubt it would even arise as an issue just certain things tick my box of concerns.

And please dont take my comments as trying to deter you from going villain, if thats an arc you are interested in pursuing im certain we can accommodate it. Especially factoring in some of our more, rational, villainous npcs.

Also just a note, if you have any villain ideas youd like to submit im certainly happy to try and work them in.
naw i made sierra to come off as that but her goals and desires run counter to villainy

Hm, I’m not getting notifications for this thread. Odd, I’ll have to look into it.

But I’ve elaborated on Mars’s backstory because it felt a bit shallow.

Hm, I’m not getting notifications for this thread. Odd, I’ll have to look into it.

But I’ve elaborated on Mars’s backstory because it felt a bit shallow.
Oh, as for the reason for not getting notifications. You might not have the thread 'watched'.
Scrolling to the top of the thread, on the right side should be a 'watch' button that lets you get notifications.

i have one question is there an upper limit to the kentic enhancement to objects?
Yes. If I'm understanding the question correctly. He cannot imbue giant objects with kinetic energy.
Like...he cannot imbue an entire building with the energy just to have the building explode if something hit it with enough force.
The largest object would probably be a trailer or a really large tree.

Thank you for the question though! I've added it to the weakness section to make sure this is known.

If anyone else wants to invent a species and would like their details added to the lore page just send it to me first and we can go over it and make edits where needed. Im usually very flexible so dont stress.

Yes. If I'm understanding the question correctly. He cannot imbue giant objects with kinetic energy.
Like...he cannot imbue an entire building with the energy just to have the building explode if something hit it with enough force.
The largest object would probably be a trailer or a really large tree.
No I meant how much energy Size dosent matter if you can give a pebble the Kentic force to equal nukes when they hit sonething

if Our Blue alien spec ops guy is from our universe then his powers would be limited by our physics. So overloading an object and the energy applied would be limited by the structural integrity of that object.

A meteor in motion has potential energy, the moment it converts to kinetic the thing vaporizes itself.

Cotton candy or styrafoam would produce little to no reaction, tungsten or Titanium could contain huge levels of energy.

If the size limits of a building are factored in then even an indestructible material would only allow him to apply so much energy to it before “building level” energy outputs are reached.

No I meant how much energy Size dosent matter if you can give a pebble the Kentic force to equal nukes when they hit sonething
Oh! Oh! I'm sorry I did not understand the question!
Ok, so I hope I can answer this correctly this time. I apologize if it comes out not making sense.

Uhh...so to make it quick and simple. The larger the object, the higher the amount of forceful explosion Xenon can make when it explodes. Although I will most likely never have any of the explosions ever reach the point of nuclear size explosion.

To use the pebble example, the most out of a pebble he could probably do would be to have it be that of a small hand grenade.
While if it is a tree, probably at the most would be like a plane exploding.

Reason for not going too far with that is to avoid making the whole thing overpowered.

if Our Blue alien spec ops guy is from our universe then his powers would be limited by our physics. So overloading an object and the energy applied would be limited by the structural integrity of that object.

A meteor in motion has potential energy, the moment it converts to kinetic the thing vaporizes itself.

Cotton candy or styrafoam would produce little to no reaction, tungsten or Titanium could contain huge levels of energy.

If the size limits of a building are factored in then even an indestructible material would only allow him to apply so much energy to it before “building level” energy outputs are reached.
well i for one broke a whole bunch of laws of physics lol

Oh! Oh! I'm sorry I did not understand the question!
Ok, so I hope I can answer this correctly this time. I apologize if it comes out not making sense.

Uhh...so to make it quick and simple. The larger the object, the higher the amount of forceful explosion Xenon can make when it explodes. Although I will most likely never have any of the explosions ever reach the point of nuclear size explosion.

To use the pebble example, the most out of a pebble he could probably do would be to have it be that of a small hand grenade.
While if it is a tree, probably at the most would be like a plane exploding.

Reason for not going too far with that is to avoid making the whole thing overpowered.
okay thats good to know yeah to used to people using physics type powers to argue for extreme powers

okay thats good to know yeah to used to people using physics type powers to argue for extreme powers
Hah! Yeahh...I know that feeling all too well with other people.

No need to worry about me though! I know the limitations and to make sure not to go overboard with stuff like this. There is only so much crazy a character can/should be able to do.

well i for one broke a whole bunch of laws of physics lol

Not to many actually.

To achieve your characters level of power all that is needed is crap tons of energy. Everything else can be explained by biology. Size expansion? Cellular division at an alarming rate.
Shapeshifting? Cellular reconstruction and redistribution
God tier regeneration? Rapid mutation and again cellular division.

Considering what “the source” is, and the fact that it gave people powers. That bio energy needed to do these things is certainly there. And under the right conditions her limits could be even be pushed further back.

Not to many actually.

To achieve your characters level of power all that is needed is crap tons of energy. Everything else can be explained by biology. Size expansion? Cellular division at an alarming rate.
Shapeshifting? Cellular reconstruction and redistribution
God tier regeneration? Rapid mutation and again cellular division.

Considering what “the source” is, and the fact that it gave people powers. That bio energy needed to do these things is certainly there. And under the right conditions her limits could be even be pushed further back.

yeah but you forget her power goes to molecular levels she can change the chemical composition of her body at will. Going from flesh to steel or gas or water.

shrug i got with physica need not apply to powers
Now transmutation is above our current level of physics. However even molecular manipulation would be achievable Via enough energy and mass transfer. You’d have to fission atoms into different ones and rearrange them. But atomic reconstructing nano machines is basically alchemy, and the prior can be physically possible with the right tech…

So her powers would fit into physics somewhere, though admittedly not in a way anyone could actually figure out…except maybe for Landry. But he would need your permission because hes just that kinda guy. Like if the facility took a sample and gave it to him to work on, he would come and tell you then ask if you give consent. Otherwise he would blatently lie to them and say “i cant seem to figure it out.” Making them all look at him like he had a third arm growing out of his face.

Now transmutation is above our current level of physics. However even molecular manipulation would be achievable Via enough energy and mass transfer. You’d have to fission atoms into different ones and rearrange them. But atomic reconstructing nano machines is basically alchemy, and the prior can be physically possible with the right tech…

So her powers would fit into physics somewhere, though admittedly not in a way anyone could actually figure out…except maybe for Landry. But he would need your permission because hes just that kinda guy. Like if the facility took a sample and gave it to him to work on, he would come and tell you then ask if you give consent. Otherwise he would blatently lie to them and say “i cant seem to figure it out.” Making them all look at him like he had a third arm growing out of his face.
Fair enough

Oh, as for the reason for not getting notifications. You might not have the thread 'watched'.
Scrolling to the top of the thread, on the right side should be a 'watch' button that lets you get notifications.
I think it was just my phone bugging out, I’ve got an old ass phone, I had checked and the thread was watched.

But I’ve been thinking of a way to reason how to describe living with only infrared vision. Mars does have color vision, they just have to focus really hard to ignore the infrared light waves and because their brain originally only perceived things in color; they perceive the infrared in colors?

As I’m typing this out I’m still unsure if that’s a proper bullshiting explanation for it. I guess I’ll handle it when I get to writing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back