• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The secrets you keep

Jeff frowned watching his best friend and worrying as he saw him starting to struggle to breathe, getting up to go get his doctor not wanting to have to wait any longer.

Fae frowns a little and sits up a little. She rubs his arm gently. She helps him sit up slightly and glances up when Jeff and the doctor come back. “What’s going on?”

Norman frowned leaning forward a bit and gripping at her hand tightly and wheezing badly until his doctor got him on an oxygen mask still struggling to breathe. ‘His body is rejecting the transplant.... we’re gonna get you on some antibiotics.’ He assured them and frowned some. “If it gets worse then we may have to remove this heart and put in an artificial heart for now.” He explained but Norman wasn’t paying attention. He ez just focusing on breathing

Fae frowns and holds his hand tightly. She nods a little and rubs his back softly. She shakes a little and tears up. She had hoped this would be it. He’d get the heart and be home in a week. Now it just felt hopeless. She was never bringing him home.

He leaned into her a little while they were getting him set up with fluids and antibiotics then left them all to privacy and he just lay back looking up at her. He reached up after seeing her tears and gently wiped them away with his thumb still staring at her.

Fae looks at him and smiles a little. She kisses his hand softly and holds it gently. She lays back down beside him and buries her face agaisnt his shoulder.

He lay there quietly with no energy left at all and eventually fell asleep curled up close to her and holding her hand tightly. Jeff stayed sat in the chair shaking his head. “He deserves to finally go home.” He mumbled frowning.

Fae sighs softly and nods. She glances up at him and rubs his hand softly. “I talked to them about getting him all set up at home with a nurse that stayed with us. I’ll have to tell them we’re still gonna need that.” She murmurs. She gets up carefully and wipes her eyes. “Will you stay with him while I talk to them?”

Fae smiles a little at him and heads to go talk to one of the administrators again. Setting up getting everything at the house and a nurse by the end of the week.

Jack answers the phone and heads to the back room. “Yeah?

Jeff frowned a bit and sighed. “Hey, Norman is getting worse, his body won’t take the transplant.... if the meds don’t work he’s gonna have to have it taken out and replaced with an artificial heart.” He muttered. “Would you suck it up and come see him?” He asked him.

“Jack... you haven’t seen him in a few weeks... please. Come down. I will take Fae outta here but really, you need to get down here.” He told him frowning starting to notice how skinny Norman had gotten and how pale he was. “Today or tomorrow.” He told him again looking up as Fae walked in.

Fae heads back inside and goes to sit down with Norman again. She had heard enough outside that she knew he was talking to Jack. “Tell him I won’t be here when he comes.” She mutters. She didn’t have the energy to fight with Jack anymore. She just wanted him to come see his brother. She lays down with Norman and curls up, holding onto his hand.

Jeff hung up after another couple minutes sighing heavily. “They gonna let you take him home?” He asked her frowning as she didn’t answer for a minute. “Fae?”

Fae sighs softly and nods a little. “By the end of the week everything should be ready at the house. He’ll have to come back if he ends up needing the surgery though.” She murmurs and watches Norman. “We’re...I’m gonna be in debit over my head, but he needs to be home.”

He frowned some but nodded and frowned. “ you should do a gofubdme.” He told her. “I’ll promote it on my social media’s.” He frowned seeing Norman wake up quickly with a start and pull his mask off, throwing up over the side of the bed.

Fae goes to answer him but sits up quickly and grabs a trash can. She hand sit to Norman and helps him hold it, hitting the call button for a nurse. She rubs his back and watches him carefully.

Norman groaned and lay back struggling to breathe again looking over at Fae frowning as he grumbled trying to find the mask again but leaned forward and chucked up again.

Fae frowns and watches him carefully. She sees the nurse come in and gets off the bed so she’s be out of the way. She shakes and bites her lip hard.

Jeff frowned and gently moved her out of the room with him when they asked for space. “If you don’t set it up. I will. You can’t do this alone.” He told her quietly rubbing her back.

Fae sighs softly and shakes her head. “I can’t take money from strangers. I’ll figure something out.” She murmurs and slides down the wall. She curls up and wraps her arms around his knees.

After a further two weeks Norman was finally feeling better and finally home. Theyd been lucky that time. The antibiotics had worked and although he still had 14 hour nurse care at home they were slowly moving that down more and more. For now they were alone at home and he had Fae next to him on the couch, resting his head back and watching her. “What you thinking about?” He murmured seeing the faraway look in her eyes.

Fae glances over at him and shrugs a little. “Nothing much.” She murmurd siftly and moves so she was laying with her head in his lap. She still hadn’t managed to relax even with him seeming to get better. It just seemed to good to be true and she was waiting for the next disaster. She didn’t want to get her hopes up for them to just get crushed again. She was still scared she’d lose him any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back