• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Second Rebellion (Skyrim) - OOC

AlbaGuBrath

"Scotland Forever"

full
WelcomeThis is the spot to chat with your fellow members, discuss characters and plot ideas, play games, and whatever else while not roleplaying. This is also a good place to come and get to know us if you're thinking about joining at some point. Of course, the usual rules still apply.

We also now have a new Discord server!

Last edited:
AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath Is my sleek and polished CS okay?
It took me ages, I am not up to speed with BBcode at all, but thanks to your little 'this is what I used' segment I managed... I think. Anything you'd like me to change on it, or is it fine?

Yea if you want me to do what 0stinato did I can, I just don't know how to do it.
It was straightforward, but just required a bit of... copy-pasting and deleting the right things and previewing.
You can preview if you press 'More Options...' It's much easier to mess around with BBcode if you preview.

0stinato 0stinato Looks good to me! I like the alternative colors, that looks pretty cool.

Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur You mean with coding? You can just take the skeleton code I put in the spoiler and copy/paste and add your information accordingly. You don't have to do anything elaborate if you don't want to.

Hey there, Lock!

So, the other day, you mentioned that idea about the rebels and Thalmor. Do you want to try to work out some details on that? For the moment, I guess there's officially just Saor (though Nat said Kumi 'officially' supports the rebellion as well, and there may be others as well who are sympathetic) as part of the rebels, but I can bring in some NPCs if necessary, or someone else can.
I think we briefly discussed the Thalmor occupying Windhelm, leading either to increased resistance within the city even from regular citizens, or forcing many to flee into the wilderness, where Thalmor patrols begin looking for them. Do you have a preference on that? I personally think the first would be better since it keeps the action in/near Windhelm and allows more characters to interact with it, but either could work. If we did the latter, we wouldn't have to go far from the city since they're on foot. Maybe the rebels were found and imprisoned in the city, where they try to escape/encourage resistance from the inside? It may also further encourage people to make a choice for one or the other.
Anyway, what do you think? Ideas, suggestions, changes?

Hey there, Lock!

So, the other day, you mentioned that idea about the rebels and Thalmor. Do you want to try to work out some details on that? For the moment, I guess there's officially just Saor (though Nat said Kumi 'officially' supports the rebellion as well, and there may be others as well who are sympathetic) as part of the rebels, but I can bring in some NPCs if necessary, or someone else can.
I think we briefly discussed the Thalmor occupying Windhelm, leading either to increased resistance within the city even from regular citizens, or forcing many to flee into the wilderness, where Thalmor patrols begin looking for them. Do you have a preference on that? I personally think the first would be better since it keeps the action in/near Windhelm and allows more characters to interact with it, but either could work. If we did the latter, we wouldn't have to go far from the city since they're on foot. Maybe the rebels were found and imprisoned in the city, where they try to escape/encourage resistance from the inside? It may also further encourage people to make a choice for one or the other.
Anyway, what do you think? Ideas, suggestions, changes?

I like this idea (just chiming in) because it seems to me that at it's the last desperate attempt by the Thalmor to gain control... take over THE Stormcloak city. Whether they succeed or not... well. I suppose we'll find that out, eh?

I like this idea (just chiming in) because it seems to me that at it's the last desperate attempt by the Thalmor to gain control... take over THE Stormcloak city. Whether they succeed or not... well. I suppose we'll find that out, eh?
Yeah, and it's the most likely place for a stand-down, because even if the rebels might be willing to give ground in another area, they would be much less likely to give up Windhelm. Likewise, if it fell, it would be a great loss, and would fight hard to take it back.

Yeah, and it's the most likely place for a stand-down, because even if the rebels might be willing to give ground in another area, they would be much less likely to give up Windhelm. Likewise, if it fell, it would be a great loss, and would fight hard to take it back.
Honestly I think the only reason the Thalmor would take the city is to spark up another rebellion against the Empire, because they'd most likely be using Imperial reserves to do this.

Honestly I think the only reason the Thalmor would take the city is to spark up another rebellion against the Empire, because they'd most likely be using Imperial reserves to do this.
How do you mean? Why would they want to start another rebellion if they're already dealing with one?

How do you mean? Why would they want to start another rebellion if they're already dealing with one?
They are? I guess I missed that... but the Thalmor want rebellion in skyrim that's one of the reasons they banned the worship of Talos. Also that's why they implanted the thought into Ulfric's mind.

They are? I guess I missed that... but the Thalmor want rebellion in skyrim that's one of the reasons they banned the worship of Talos. Also that's why they implanted the thought into Ulfric's mind.
Well, I mean, they already have power in Skyrim. Sure, the Empire is technically in control, but part of their deal for assistance in winning the war was that the Thalmor would have power in the province. Sort of a proxy government. So this rebellion isn't weakening the Empire's control of Skyrim nearly as much as it's weakening their own hold, because it's both actively causing problems for them and passively refusing to cooperate with anything they do. It's mostly been a nuisance more than anything else for a while, but with the rumors of Ulfric's escape, it'a growing stronger and causing more problems for them.

Well, I mean, they already have power in Skyrim. Sure, the Empire is technically in control, but part of their deal for assistance in winning the war was that the Thalmor would have power in the province. Sort of a proxy government. So this rebellion isn't weakening the Empire's control of Skyrim nearly as much as it's weakening their own hold, because it's both actively causing problems for them and passively refusing to cooperate with anything they do. It's mostly been a nuisance more than anything else for a while, but with the rumors of Ulfric's escape, it'a growing stronger and causing more problems for them.
The Aldmeri Dominion doesn't want Skyrim the whole purpose fo them being in Skyrim is to divert the Imperial Army, so that they gain the true goal: Cyrodiil.

The Aldmeri Dominion doesn't want Skyrim the whole purpose fo them being in Skyrim is to divert the Imperial Army, so that they gain the true goal: Cyrodiil.
In this plot, though, they are in control of Skyrim. Maybe they do want Cyrodiil in the end, but they have to keep control in Skyrim first. They can't focus on Cyrodiil if they're constantly being harrassed and defied in Skyrim.
This isn't a super lore-centric plot, it's more of a what-if story. It isn't going to be exactly like the in-game scenario.

Glancing back over pages, I noticed there were a couple things I needed to ask y'all.
0stinato 0stinato I was going to add your map to the IC Page, but it looks like it went missing in the switch. If you still have it, could you send it to me so I could put it back up? Also, I currently have Kumi defined as "Unaligned" with the assumption that your description would explain in more detail, but would you prefer for it to be changed to "Rebel", or left as is?

Similar question for you, Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii . I have Pysmia defined as "Thalmor", but your description is a bit ambiguous. I'm assuming that was intentional since I think your character was a spy, if I remember correctly? So, would you prefer for it to be left as "Thalmor", or changed to "Unaligned" or "Unknown"?

Also, Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur , your CS looks good! Did you want to write a sentence or two describing Jekkel for me to add to the overview? It's optional, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks, but actually I wrote those extra sentences because I was really boarded last night and I was reading my bio and there was some stuff that came to my mind when I read it for a third time. So I just wrote it down because why not? I sorta changed my weapon if that was ok, I just thought it would make sense to find a cool bow in Jekkel's adventures and Zephyr was the bow that first popped into my head, plus it adds a better goal for my character since that quest and bow sorta go hand and hand.

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath I'll send the map to you now - it's a good thing I hoard things or else this map would've been lost forever after Nat's Great Computer Wipe of 2017 Which Was Not Planned For In Advance. I'll send it to you now.
Also, yes, Kumi would describe himself as a Rebel - I know it's not that clear, hence why he's just generally confused about the whole thing. But yes, "Rebel (by occupation)".

Alright, I believe I've updated everything. The input is being a pain, but hopefully it's all sorted now. But if ever you noticed something is messed up or missing, just wait a few minutes to see if I get it fixed, and if not, then just drop me a note so I can address it. Most of the time it should be a quick fix, hopefully.

Uhmm... So yeah, it's been a while since we've all been in-character and things have changed around a bit. I think Kumi, Jekkel, aaaand... Yvondir, I think? were in Gabriel's house (who I assume is MIA now?), but Saor and Maroluna are now alone, and Pysmia hasn't been introduced yet, right? I think it's still nighttime of the first day (whatever that was, I'll have to check). Saor and Ologor were in the next morning, but I can backtrack to meet up with y'all since it looks like that train of thought has to be dropped. (That's a bit of a pity, though, because I was curious to see what would happen when Saor was like "Right, I'm staying at my post. Hey, what's in there?" -runs off, runs back chased by a bear or something- (x )
But yeah, I'm thinking maybe we want to keep the action as close to Windhelm or wherever else most of the characters are whenever possible just do we don't get so scattered. So I'm going to bring Saor back toward the city, and I assume meet Maroluna somewhere there, and probably run into a Thalmor or two (Pysmia, maybe?) along the way. Do you three want to continue your conversation/soak in the bath or move on? If we timeskipped a bit to afternoon the next day, that would probably give time for me, Kitten, and Lock to get our characters together and be in or near the city again around the same time y'all three are out and about, do you think? We probably don't want to have everyone together in one huge conversation, but could have them close enough to cross paths and at least be aware of each other.

Alright, I believe I've updated everything. The input is being a pain, but hopefully it's all sorted now. But if ever you noticed something is messed up or missing, just wait a few minutes to see if I get it fixed, and if not, then just drop me a note so I can address it. Most of the time it should be a quick fix, hopefully.

Uhmm... So yeah, it's been a while since we've all been in-character and things have changed around a bit. I think Kumi, Jekkel, aaaand... Yvondir, I think? were in Gabriel's house (who I assume is MIA now?), but Saor and Maroluna are now alone, and Pysmia hasn't been introduced yet, right? I think it's still nighttime of the first day (whatever that was, I'll have to check). Saor and Ologor were in the next morning, but I can backtrack to meet up with y'all since it looks like that train of thought has to be dropped. (That's a bit of a pity, though, because I was curious to see what would happen when Saor was like "Right, I'm staying at my post. Hey, what's in there?" -runs off, runs back chased by a bear or something- (x )
But yeah, I'm thinking maybe we want to keep the action as close to Windhelm or wherever else most of the characters are whenever possible just do we don't get so scattered. So I'm going to bring Saor back toward the city, and I assume meet Maroluna somewhere there, and probably run into a Thalmor or two (Pysmia, maybe?) along the way. Do you three want to continue your conversation/soak in the bath or move on? If we timeskipped a bit to afternoon the next day, that would probably give time for me, Kitten, and Lock to get our characters together and be in or near the city again around the same time y'all three are out and about, do you think? We probably don't want to have everyone together in one huge conversation, but could have them close enough to cross paths and at least be aware of each other.
Pysmia qas introduced but I do like your idea, so... hey why not it's that or sitting in a... Tavern? Is tavern the right word? Eh what ever... I kinda want it to be that Pysmia is sort of the Villian of the story but not the Antagonist if that makes any sense... anyways I'm just exited for it to be going again!

Pysmia qas introduced but I do like your idea, so... hey why not it's that or sitting in a... Tavern? Is tavern the right word? Eh what ever... I kinda want it to be that Pysmia is sort of the Villian of the story but not the Antagonist if that makes any sense... anyways I'm just exited for it to be going again!
Oh, sorry! I must have missed that. Yeah, I mean, we can meet up in Candlehearth Hall again, but that feels a little... meh. I think it would be a little awkward and forced.
I'm trying to figure out how to make it as seamless a transition as possible, unless y'all just want to clear the slate and everyone start off in the same time/place again. But if we're keeping past events as they are, have to figure out how to thread them into the new ones. How was Pysmia introduced? Maybe we can work that in and help with the transition a bit.
As for Saor... I'm thinking that I'll just back up to before she met Ologor (the first night) and waiting for Drenmare, probably to the point where she accidently falls asleep on the floor trying to eavesdrop (Good job, Saor...). When he doesn't show up, she goes wandering the city looking for him the next morning, where she meets Luna and, later, Pysmia. Maybe Pysmia hears that somebody has been asking around about a rebel that was recently captured in Windhelm and goes to find her. After all, there can't that many Khajiit women in the city, and suddenly there's two in one place, so probably pretty easy to find. If we want Kumi, Jekkel, and Yvondir to be nearby, we may have to wait until they finish talking and go to sleep until the next day, but that could be alright.

Oh, sorry! I must have missed that. Yeah, I mean, we can meet up in Candlehearth Hall again, but that feels a little... meh. I think it would be a little awkward and forced.
I'm trying to figure out how to make it as seamless a transition as possible, unless y'all just want to clear the slate and everyone start off in the same time/place again. But if we're keeping past events as they are, have to figure out how to thread them into the new ones. How was Pysmia introduced? Maybe we can work that in and help with the transition a bit.
As for Saor... I'm thinking that I'll just back up to before she met Ologor (the first night) and waiting for Drenmare, probably to the point where she accidently falls asleep on the floor trying to eavesdrop (Good job, Saor...). When he doesn't show up, she goes wandering the city looking for him the next morning, where she meets Luna and, later, Pysmia. Maybe Pysmia hears that somebody has been asking around about a rebel that was recently captured in Windhelm and goes to find her. After all, there can't that many Khajiit women in the city, and suddenly there's two in one place, so probably pretty easy to find. If we want Kumi, Jekkel, and Yvondir to be nearby, we may have to wait until they finish talking and go to sleep until the next day, but that could be alright.
I mean she kinda just sat in the corner with wine (I think) and just sat there trying to gather intel... not really great because there was no real way for me to get to people so... but I mean I could be intially feeding info to the Thalmor of something and come back during the seige.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back