• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Second Rebellion (Skyrim) - OOC

Luna: Please no we don't even know what the universe is
Actually the universe exists (well that which we live in) because Anu and Padoney crossed and created existence... blah blah blah et'Ada... Blah blah blah Magnus created the elder scrolls as a plan then left because he realized Lorkahn was tricking him... Ehlnofey... Kalpas... blah blah blah now.

Actually the universe exists (well that which we live in) because Anu and Padoney crossed and created existence... blah blah blah et'Ada... Blah blah blah Magnus created the elder scrolls as a plan then left because he realized Lorkahn was tricking him... Ehlnofey... Kalpas... blah blah blah now.
Luna: *asleep leaning against a wall*

I'm gonna be going home for the weekend tomorrow afternoon, just to let y'all know. I'm waiting a bit to make sure Nat gets a chance to get a word in before I post again, but I'll try to write something on Monday or Tuesday. But next week is the week before finals, so I'm gonna be pretty busy with papers and things. I don't know if this is normal or not, but the week before finals is always waaaaaaaay more stressful than finals week. Actually, that's probably the least stressful week of the semester. Strange, yeah?

But, anyway, I'm afraid it's that time again for me to have to sign out for a while since I'll not have good enough Internet this summer to be very active. I will still be able to make short posts and check messages, and I have figured out a workaround that lets me type on my computer and post through my phone, but my tiny amount of data each month is the real problem. But, though I won't be here as much, I don't want to ruin y'all's fun, so there are a couple possibilities to keep this going.
The first is basically for me to just hand this over to one of y'all temporarily and lurk/chat/make a few posts as I'm able through the summer. I can send Saor on a trip to Whiterun or something to give a reason for why she disappears suddenly, or whatever works best for the rp. If this is still going on come August (as I hope it will), I'll then either try to hop back in or just lurk/moderate/whatever.
The second option is for this to hibernate through the summer like some bizarro-bear and pick back up in the Fall when maybe things are a little less busy. I think with the size group we have and how everyone seems really interested in the RP, it may actually be able to survive through hibernation and revive when I tag y'all in a couple months, but there is always a risk of people losing track or losing interest. I'd rather hand it over to someone instead of hitting pause for that reason, but it's up to y'all. If we do pause it and come back with only a couple people, we can always invite some new people and start over again.
So, which of these two would you prefer? Do you have any other suggestions?

So, I was looking up poetry to recite for my class, and I came across this old poem I'd forgotten about. It's such a sweet little thing that I wanted to share it with y'all in case you've never seen it!

Pangur Bán (The Scholar and His Cat) - Unknown Irish monk/scholar, approx. 9th century
(Translated from the Irish by Robin Flower)

I and Pangur Ban my cat,
'Tis a like task we are at:
Hunting mice is his delight,
Hunting words I sit all night.

Better far than praise of men
'Tis to sit with book and pen;
Pangur bears me no ill-will,
He too plies his simple skill.

'Tis a merry task to see
At our tasks how glad are we,
When at home we sit and find
Entertainment to our mind.

Oftentimes a mouse will stray
In the hero Pangur's way;
Oftentimes my keen thought set
Takes a meaning in its net.

'Gainst the wall he sets his eye
Full and fierce and sharp and sly;
'Gainst the wall of knowledge I
All my little wisdom try.

When a mouse darts from its den,
O how glad is Pangur then!
O what gladness do I prove
When I solve the doubts I love!

So in peace our task we ply,
Pangur Ban, my cat, and I;
In our arts we find our bliss,
I have mine and he has his.

Practice every day has made
Pangur perfect in his trade;
I get wisdom day and night
Turning darkness into light.

Just a heads up, I'm gonna be writing papers for the next couple days. After Sunday, I'll have a bit more time. I'm going to give Twyll some more time, but I'll try to type something up in a couple days.

Well guys, I'm gonna have to be leaving tomorrow... I think I should have the chance to get in here before then, but just in case, I'll go ahead and say "See y'all later!" now. I'm not going for good, of course, but it may be a while. I'll be checking in on my phone (once I get a new one) every so often to say hello and see how things are going. Nat will take over for me during these next couple months, though, so y'all are in good hands!

The Discord server will still be up (though I may not be using it much) for y'all to chat and such in real-time. Feel free to invite your friends who also enjoy TES, there's plenty of room! I set the link on the front of the OOC page to not expire, so all they have to do is click it and sign in.

Uhmm... Trying to think if there's anything else I need to say... Oh yeah!
So, with the speed the RP is at currently, I think I should be able to get in often enough to make posts without too much of a wait. However, if I do start slowing y'all down too much, just let me know and I'll figure out a way to step out for a while. If I'm not around (like if my data has expired or I'm out-of-pocket, I'll let y'all know before that happens), y'all can just move on and I'll catch up when I get the chance.

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun writing with you guys, and I hope to continue when I come back! That will probably be about mid-August, depending on when the semester starts up again. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Have fun, everyone! See y'all soon!

The funny thing about that was that before I even got past that first sentence, I was hearing the Wizard of Oz song, and then when I got to the second part it was even funnier. I'm seeing a picture of the five of y'all skipping through the snowy streets and people staring out the windows like "What are they smoking?" (x

Sorry for being gone so long, it seems that all signal has disappeared at my house. It's never very good, but I can't even get to Google right now. I'm at a computer now, though, so if I can get Discord to work, I may hop in for a bit to chat if anybody is here or there.

Hope y'all are having a good summer!

I'll be gone from now til Sunday soo look after yourselves and have fun... no fires!

(Copy of Discord post)
Hey guys! I was thinking today of something to kinda throw in some trouble for our characters, maybe kinda get them more or less on the same sort of track. It will be a while before I'm able to bring it in myself, but we can discuss ideas and plans in the meantime. This would also be a good opportunity to 1) finish up any business you'd like your characters to compete before they are interrupted and 2) to maybe kinda start noticing hints of trouble to come and/or suggestions of what the characters are thinking of them.
Anyway, I was thinking of something that would introduce everyone to each other (not like a meet-n-greet, but where they've all encountered each other and laid the groundwork for later interaction) and something that would make it clear what individual people were thinking. Make characters take a stand for something or other, and then deal with whatever comes of that. I think that could draw some groups of characters and NPCs together while setting up conflict with others. We probably will want to bring in some NPCs for this point, or maybe even double if anyone wants to, since presumably any event that would draw the attention of four to five completely different people would also attract quite a bit of attention from the rest of the city.
So, are there any particular events or issues y'all would like to see brought out? I was thinking of something touching on the rebellion or such, something that would be difficult to sit on the fence, but it needn't be something so dramatic if y'all would rather not. Maybe some sort of moral question, but one that wasn't clearly right or wrong, or something huge and disastrous that makes conflicting personalities work together. What sort of thing would most interest you? Do you have any other ideas?

(Copy of Discord post)
Hey guys! I was thinking today of something to kinda throw in some trouble for our characters, maybe kinda get them more or less on the same sort of track. It will be a while before I'm able to bring it in myself, but we can discuss ideas and plans in the meantime. This would also be a good opportunity to 1) finish up any business you'd like your characters to compete before they are interrupted and 2) to maybe kinda start noticing hints of trouble to come and/or suggestions of what the characters are thinking of them.
Anyway, I was thinking of something that would introduce everyone to each other (not like a meet-n-greet, but where they've all encountered each other and laid the groundwork for later interaction) and something that would make it clear what individual people were thinking. Make characters take a stand for something or other, and then deal with whatever comes of that. I think that could draw some groups of characters and NPCs together while setting up conflict with others. We probably will want to bring in some NPCs for this point, or maybe even double if anyone wants to, since presumably any event that would draw the attention of four to five completely different people would also attract quite a bit of attention from the rest of the city.
So, are there any particular events or issues y'all would like to see brought out? I was thinking of something touching on the rebellion or such, something that would be difficult to sit on the fence, but it needn't be something so dramatic if y'all would rather not. Maybe some sort of moral question, but one that wasn't clearly right or wrong, or something huge and disastrous that makes conflicting personalities work together. What sort of thing would most interest you? Do you have any other ideas?
Akaviri Invasion, (joking, but I mean if you want to do it sure), I really don't know though

So I will be gone for a week or two on camp/vacation. I am terribly sorry for informing you guys so late. So if you guys want to go fight vampires while Jekkel is puking his guts out I say go for it. 0stinato 0stinato if you want to use my character any you are welcome to. I believe I have said everything I need to. So at that I wish everyone the best of luck and I will see you guys when I get back.

So I will be gone for a week or two on camp/vacation. I am terribly sorry for informing you guys so late. So if you guys want to go fight vampires while Jekkel is puking his guts out I say go for it. 0stinato 0stinato if you want to use my character any you are welcome to. I believe I have said everything I need to. So at that I wish everyone the best of luck and I will see you guys when I get back.

Have a good time! I'll try to not get Jekkel murdered and consumed by vampires.

0stinato 0stinato Abdel featherfall Abdel featherfall Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii
Hey y'all! I don't have Discord on my phone, so here goes!

I'm thinking that the RP is going super slow right now, and with Abdel waiting for the skip to jump in, it may be better to introduce the skip a bit earlier. Our group hasn't really been there for long, but presumably they've all had really long days, so I think it makes sense for them to start going back home soon after the excitement goes down. (And maybe that will keep Saor from picking fights, haha... Probably not, but worth a shot. (x )
So when do y'all think would be a good time for that? It doesn't have to be immediately, of course, but maybe kinda soon. I'd kinda like to see if we can get a few more posts in during a week, since it has been quite slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back