• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Second Rebellion (Skyrim) - OOC

So what should we do about the whole situation with Gabriel Schiadda (WickedKents character) Should we just say he keeled over or something. Or should we just be out and about somewhere else?

So what should we do about the whole situation with Gabriel Schiadda (WickedKents character) Should we just say he keeled over or something. Or should we just be out and about somewhere else?

Just put him on the sofa and let's get the funk out of here. If anyone asks, I DIDN'T DO IT.

Ahh, quick question. I'm a little confused about how exactly this meeting between Luna and Pysmia is going down. Are the two travelling together or separately? Are they in the process of travelling, or have they already arrived?

Twyllvarlais Twyllvarlais do you want to post next or shall I? I don't just want to have Kumi abandon Yvondir before they've completely talked through the plan. I mean, unless you want to tie him to the chair, I have a strong suspicion that Kumi will wander off to get his letters. And yes, it's also probable he's completely forgotten about being chased by the guards at this point.

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii
Okay, so here was my thinking... I was gonna have Saor wake up and give the city a last look-through, hear what sounded like a Khajiit voice and go investigate. As she arrives, however, she also hears an Altmeri voice and immediately ducks into a shadow, hopefully before anyone notices. Her plan would initially be to slip away before the Altmer spotted her (she doesn't want to be found because she's still trying to keep a low profile, or as low as possible. Probably not very successful, but she thinks she is.), but would decide on staying as still as possible and waiting for them to go away before taking off, and maybe learning some information in the process. From there, can either learn something interesting and slip away, probably trying to bring the news to someone reliable if it touches on the rebellion, or can be spotted by one or both of the two women. Lies and cover stories for all ensue.

But, with Jekkel joining the group, I was gonna ask to make sure y'all still wanted that to happen. In my experience, at least, a three-man group can be managed, but it's a bit confusing with four. Of course, since I've been so late getting in, Jake gets priority here, so I can easily change track if needed. I could probably wait until Nat and/or Twyll returned to the Hall and jump in with them, especially if we want to keep the groups even in numbers. She could probably do a bit in Riften if needed, though it's been several years since she's been back. Maybe hunt down a few old friends and contacts in the area, or drop hints/good words encouraging the scheme in one of the two cities?

The thing I'm concerned about in both cases, though, is having a legitimate reason to introduce them. It's not particularly safe to be wandering up to random strangers and she knows it, especially considering her travelling companion is now missing. Although she sometimes forgets it in her excitement to see another one of the beastfolk (why she would speak to Luna or Kumi even she didn't know them), the smallest glance of an Altmer would put her on high alert and probably avoid the area entirely. Unfortunately, this one is rather timid and a bit indecisive...

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii
Okay, so here was my thinking... I was gonna have Saor wake up and give the city a last look-through, hear what sounded like a Khajiit voice and go investigate. As she arrives, however, she also hears an Altmeri voice and immediately ducks into a shadow, hopefully before anyone notices. Her plan would initially be to slip away before the Altmer spotted her (she doesn't want to be found because she's still trying to keep a low profile, or as low as possible. Probably not very successful, but she thinks she is.), but would decide on staying as still as possible and waiting for them to go away before taking off, and maybe learning some information in the process. From there, can either learn something interesting and slip away, probably trying to bring the news to someone reliable if it touches on the rebellion, or can be spotted by one or both of the two women. Lies and cover stories for all ensue.

But, with Jekkel joining the group, I was gonna ask to make sure y'all still wanted that to happen. In my experience, at least, a three-man group can be managed, but it's a bit confusing with four. Of course, since I've been so late getting in, Jake gets priority here, so I can easily change track if needed. I could probably wait until Nat and/or Twyll returned to the Hall and jump in with them, especially if we want to keep the groups even in numbers. She could probably do a bit in Riften if needed, though it's been several years since she's been back. Maybe hunt down a few old friends and contacts in the area, or drop hints/good words encouraging the scheme in one of the two cities?

The thing I'm concerned about in both cases, though, is having a legitimate reason to introduce them. It's not particularly safe to be wandering up to random strangers and she knows it, especially considering her travelling companion is now missing. Although she sometimes forgets it in her excitement to see another one of the beastfolk (why she would speak to Luna or Kumi even she didn't know them), the smallest glance of an Altmer would put her on high alert and probably avoid the area entirely. Unfortunately, this one is rather timid and a bit indecisive...

Yea sorry about that alba. I sorta ran out of ideas but I can leave the group if you want me. I was planning to go back to the inn anyways I just needed directions.

Yea sorry about that alba. I sorta ran out of ideas but I can leave the group if you want me. I was planning to go back to the inn anyways I just needed directions.
No, no, no, don't worry about it! You got there first while I was dragging my feet (or fingers, if I'm typing, I guess? I dunno.), so you totally get first dibs. You can do whichever you prefer. It's still super easy for me to switch gears since I haven't made a post yet and so don't have to figure out how to divert it.

No, no, no, don't worry about it! You got there first while I was dragging my feet (or fingers, if I'm typing, I guess? I dunno.), so you totally get first dibs. You can do whichever you prefer. It's still super easy for me to switch gears since I haven't made a post yet and so don't have to figure out how to divert it.

Ok whatever you feel best with.

Okay, so I guess I'll take that as a 'yes', then? I'm assuming I'll be jumping in with Kumi/Yvondir next? Once they leave the house, that is...

Oh, but I learned something interesting about a weird word yesterday!
Okay, so I was reading my WWII book for class and I read about how, after the war was over, an Italian general was convicted of war crimes and sentenced to 19 years in gaol. This made me stop and go back for a moment, then go hunting for a dictionary because while I could guess the meaning from context, I'd only encountered this particular word in one other place in my reading (Kilmainham Gaol) and I was certain that the two had nothing to do with each other. Before this point, I'd sometimes seen word in writing, but always heard 'jail' when it was spoken, which made me assume that 'jail' was a translation. (Now that I think about, that wasn't my best line of thought seeing as how I would assume it to be an Irish word, and while I'm not familiar with it in Irish Gaelic, I do know gaol means 'love' in Scottish Gaelic, and the two are often similar. I'd be quite confused if the same word could mean both 'love' and 'jail'.) Anyway, this confused me in a 1948 Italian context, but when I looked it up, I learned that it was just an alternate spelling of 'jail'. So that's cool!
But here's what I thought was odd about it... So, for one thing, I learned that it was an older spelling, mostly from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. That explains why I don't commonly see it in writing now and why (I assume) the old spelling is used for Kilmainham, considering it's an eighteenth century building. But yet, for some reason, here it appears in my nice, glossy, 2015 History of WWII! I think that's delightful! I enjoy coming across new and unusual words...
There was another thing I learned that I thought was funny too. As far as I can tell, both spellings of the word are pronounced the same way. This kind of baffles me because I'm not sure what sort of phonetics allows that to happen. If I was reading it myself, I'd say something similar to 'ghoul'. But, I learned that it has its origins in Old English, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it? I'm not familiar with the language, but I have some professors who are, so I plan on asking them about it soon.
But yeah, there's my continuing mission exploring strange new words! I thought it was very interesting. (:

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath Ahah, that's a nice little slice of history I enjoyed reading. Really is cool how so many countries influenced so many others.

As it happens, though, I live near to somewhere called 'The Old Gaol' and it was turned into a swimming pool (I think?) and even now I still prefer the word 'gaol' over 'jail', perhaps just because it's 'correct' in English even today. I suppose modernly, we use the phonetically-correct 'jail' in media, because it's more widely accepted as the visually-appropriate spelling.

I will tell you, though, that 'gaol' and 'jail' are pronounced identically.

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath Ahah, that's a nice little slice of history I enjoyed reading. Really is cool how so many countries influenced so many others.

As it happens, though, I live near to somewhere called 'The Old Gaol' and it was turned into a swimming pool (I think?) and even now I still prefer the word 'gaol' over 'jail', perhaps just because it's 'correct' in English even today. I suppose modernly, we use the phonetically-correct 'jail' in media, because it's more widely accepted as the visually-appropriate spelling.

I will tell you, though, that 'gaol' and 'jail' are pronounced identically.
That's really neat! I'm actually kinda glad to hear that the old word is still used occasionally, I think that's interesting. But I don't think anybody uses it around here... Like I said, I think that was only the second context I'd ever seen it. I wonder why that is?
The professor I mentioned grew up in Mississippi, so I'm gonna ask him if he's ever encountered it where he lived.

0stinato 0stinato Twyllvarlais Twyllvarlais I'm gonna hop in this evening, if that's alright with y'all. I'm thinking basically the same plan as I had with Luna and Pysmia, since as far as she knows it's basically the same situation.
So I guess I'm about to find out how her Stealth matches their Perception, yeah? Sounds fun. (x

Twyll, we're relying in Yvondir's perception because Kumiko is hopeless.

Got you covered son. Though how do you want to interact with the others?

Well, Saorat is already sneaking around behind us somewhere, so I'd say it's down to the Hound of the Thalmor to sniff her out... as I said, Kumi's hopeless.

Feel free to take control - I feel Yvondir might be a good lead in this situation. Better than the morons travelling with him/sneaking up on him.

Well, Saorat is already sneaking around behind us somewhere, so I'd say it's down to the Hound of the Thalmor to sniff her out... as I said, Kumi's hopeless.

Feel free to take control - I feel Yvondir might be a good lead in this situation. Better than the morons travelling with him/sneaking up on him.
On it. Though forewarning it might a shorter post since I have to catch up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back