• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Same kind of Different as me - (Shape Shifting Shenanigans)

Zena_Kuzuki

Chello Mello
Howdy,

After being involved in a huge range of rp's and encounters, I wanted to combine some of my favourite ideas into one plot.
We are gonna go 'shape shifting' for this one. Individuals that posess the amazing ability to transform into another, an 'alter', wielding extraordinary powers specific to their form. These abilities can range from militaristic, to combat, to elemental control and anything in between. Shape shifters hide themselves amongst us, rarely discovered unless their alter is revealed or their powers exposed even in human form. There are other 'super-natural' groups within society including ghouls, werewolves (pure-bred shapeshifters, the ‘animal alters’ and werewolves are found to get along when encountered, seeing as they are of the same ancestry), elves, dragonoids, vampires and many others! All of which secret themselves in society, living everyday under the threat of discovery. (Following some inspo, there is also going to be two public areas which are also 'shelters' or safe places for shapeshifters, such as cafes and restaurants) - here, shapeshifters can seek employment and are often managed entirely by shifters, all in hiding, as these areas are also used by the general public.
The rp introduces the created, modern world, in which the characters can choose wherever their path begins. The rp will focus on a time when society is on the brink of political conflict - humans against the supernatural in society. There are those who advocate the protection and rights of the 'super-naturals', but a great majority seek to eliminate such imperfections. The RP begins with the scene of a new crime, the murder of an MP by a pure-bred shapeshifter. It’s the 21st century, and our rp starts in the great metropolis city.

What roles are there?
I'm looking for a good amount of roles in the rp, in which players can rp as one or two characters. Here are some ideas of the ones available that I would like to ensure, although if you are burning to fulfil a separate role, let me know! It would also be really good to have a wide variety of forms, powers, and personalities:

Pure-bred Shapeshifters:
(These are the individuals who shift between human form and their animal-based 'alter', such as a snake or wildcat etc) - you can choose your animal 'alter' and even discuss if you would like two characters of the same 'alter' to interact with and add some dramatic flare!

1) Young adult, female, 19-24: #taken by#
2) Young adult, male, 19-24: #
3) Young adult, female, 19-24: #
4) Young adult, male, 19-24: #
5) Adult, female, 25-30: #
6) Adult, male, 25-30: #
7) Older adult, 35+, cafe/restaurant manager: #
8) Teenager, 15-17, any gender: #

Vampires, Elves, ghouls and werewolves are open slots and can be filled as desired :) ~ note, VAMPIRES and WEREWOLVES are the only shifters that possess the ability to change combat victims into vampires/werewolves, such as with a bite or mixing of blood somehow.

WE NEED HUMANS TOO! Slots are open. We will need those in opposition, rebels, those who are friends/protect/live with/have relationships with shapeshifters.

- NOTE: characters only shift to ONE form, whether its an animal, vampire, werewolf, elf, ghoul, etc - all forms include specific powers and skills.
Cross race relationships is all cool! Between shifter races and even shifter x human is totally open as well. Forming family ties is also fine, be as free as you want to.

What are y’all thoughts? Drop your interests in the comments below and let me know what slots you would want to fill. There will be a discord server, character pages and of course, the main RP page on RPN.

Another thing: the roles listed above are not limited - it's just a general idea of what I want to aim for, for roles at the beginning. : )

I'm interested! Although I have a question: what's the max amount of characters each player can have for this roleplay?

Hi there! I'm very interested and noticed that one of the options you have listed in your criteria is a "dragonoid". Just to ensure that I am not under any sort of confusion, would this imply a human that can shift into a dragon or dragon-like figure (Or vice versa), or something a little bit different in mind?

Anything I need to know other than whats posted?
Nope nothing really, just double check what sort of character you are thinking of on PM and I'm sure it'll all be fine. The only thing I would say is that the slots for characters placed above are only guidelines - if for example we ended up having three teenagers thats fine!! : ))

Hi there! I'm very interested and noticed that one of the options you have listed in your criteria is a "dragonoid". Just to ensure that I am not under any sort of confusion, would this imply a human that can shift into a dragon or dragon-like figure (Or vice versa), or something a little bit different in mind?
That is absolutely right yes : )) - dragonoid would be human to dragon-hyrbid figure - your choice! If you go for human to full on dragon, it would technicaly be classed as a "pure bred" shifter, seeing as it's from human to animal/beast. The dragonoid/human hybrid figure simply "dragonoid" - hope that made more sense?? ^^

I will be making character sheets within the next two days, so keep checking in and we will see how many people are interested by the end :)

That is absolutely right yes : )) - dragonoid would be human to dragon-hyrbid figure - your choice! If you go for human to full on dragon, it would technicaly be classed as a "pure bred" shifter, seeing as it's from human to animal/beast. The dragonoid/human hybrid figure simply "dragonoid" - hope that made more sense?? ^^

Yes, I greatly appreciate the clarification, thank you! Look forward to getting things started! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back