• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

She glared at them and shook her head. “Im not making a single promise until you let me get him to a hospital. I may have put a pause on the injuries but he is human… and you mangy hounds need to be reminded that it’s not their fault they are.” She snapped a little, feeling as his breathing stuttered a little again. She had them help her move him before rushing to her car and getting in. “Well I know what happened to your father…. This pack found him lost in the forest, they’re helping us take him to the hospital now alright?” She told Lucas.

Rocky bit his tongue but nodded, “get the can brought round.” He told Ryan, chucking him the keys and went to help Carmen lift him. “Ryan’s going to be going with you. Try and give him the slip I dare you.” He told her

Lucas sat up immediately when his mom came back and nodded some "Is he okay?!" He asked worriedly as she started to drive behind a van.

Max looked at Ricky once they had taken off and took a shaky breath just holding onto him tightly not saying a word.

She shook her head “not really… he’s… I’ve done what I can to help him for the moment. And I hope that it’s enough.” She told him frowning.

Ricky frowned and slowly pulled away. “They’ve raised him…. That’s his parents… are we causing more harm if we take him back?” He questioned, turning to go upstairs.

Lucas frowned deeply and gave a small nod staying silent the rest of the ride. Once they were at the hospital he followed his mom's directions to go sit in the waiting room so that he didn't have to see the state of his dad at the moment.

Max followed him upstairs and gave a heavy sigh "You're right, but do you think it would hurt to meet him?" She asked quietly

He frowned. “I want that hunter dead. But I just…. I need a minute.” He told her shaking some and went to lock himself in the office room of the house.

She went straight to help get him inside, following as far as they would let her before sinking to sit in a chair, burying her face in her hands. “If he doesn’t make it… there’s not enough hiding spots in this world for you and your leader to get away from me so I make myself clear?” She muttered to Ryan who wasn’t letting her move more than a few paces away from him.

Max gave a small nod and went to their room to look over their photo albums again for the millionth time. Something felt different though, it was as though her hope was gone. Her son was alive, but Ricky was right, he wasn't their son anymore.

Ryan felt his upper lip curl in anger as he watched her some. He stayed silent though as he watched her and the boy. There was no denying it, he was definitely their kid, a spitting image of Ricky when he was that young.

Carmen held him close, kissing the top of his head and just holding him a little tighter than she normally would, scared to death she was going to lose him and Noah all in one go. She stood once they called his name though and went over nervously. “Is he gonna be okay?”

Lexi knocked on the door and sighed a little as she walked in. “For having just found him, neither of you seem too excited…. Talk to me. What’s going on?” She coaxed. She had been Ryan’s mate for a long while now and had been the person closest to max even over ricky sometimes in recent months

The doctor looked at her and sighed heavily "You are very very lucky ma'am. Please follow me back." He murmured before taking her to the room they had him in "He will be touch and go for the next 24 hours at least. I'm being honest here, its not looking promising."

Max looked up when she heard Lexi's voice and frowned gently "It feels like my hope is gone....he's been raised by two completely different people, how could we take him away from everything he has known? How would it be fair to him?" She said quietly letting a few tears fall "Its feels like its official, our son is gone."

She frowned and took a seat, taking his hand in hers tightly. “How bad is the damage?” She asked him quietly, gritting hee teeth a little when she noticed that Ryan had followed her into the room, even in front of Lucas.

She frowned and shook her head. “You are his mother. You did not give him away. You did not ask them to look after him… they took him. Whatever the reason, he was kidnapped. The bullshit excuse that he wasn’t safe here? You’ve already told me before that you were in the process of making it so that he was safe… do not give up on that yet.” She told her seriously.

The doctor gave a heavy sigh and looked over his chart real quick "Internal bleeding is what we're most worried about. He's got atleast three broken ribs and one had punctured the lung. We're getting that fixed immediately and have him on a ventilator. I'm not sure what has happened to your husband ma'am, but I would seriously look into pressing charges." He explained quietly before leaving them in privacy.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "We've all agreed to wait until after his shift, I just hope that they'll be fair about it all." She murmured

Carmen nodded slowly, smoothing the hair out of his face and frowned. “Lucas you want a drink or anything baby?” She asked him quietly, scared to death that Ryan would just take him and go without warning.

She shrugged a little. “I can’t answer that one I’m afra- hey rick, I’ll leave you guys to it.” She smiked and got up to leave when ricky was walking into the room.

Lucas shook his head and pulled his knees to his chest "Mom who is that guy?" He asked as he kept his eyes on Ryan. He could tell he was a were but he was intimidating for sure.

Mad looked at Ricky as he came in and sighed softly "You okay?" She asked him gently sounding more like herself for the first time in years.

She frowned and shook her head, not about to lie to him. “Part of the reason your father is in this position right now.” She muttered, shaking her head when Ryan bared his teeth. “You don’t scare me. I’ve dealt with your kind for years. A poor example of a good were.” She said firmly, staring him down before going back to watching Noah.

He shook his head and sat on the floor, “I think we tell him. And let him decide what he wants.” He said softly. “I can’t force him into a home he’s not comfortable in. Does he belong with us? Yes. But that’s not our son anymore honey. He might look like us and have our DNA but he was so young when he was taken.” He frowned

Lucas glared at the man and shook his head some "Then why is he still here?!" He snarled feeling his wolf start to show but having no idea how to control it.

Ryan frowned deeply as Carmen tried to control him shakimg his head some "I will be in the hallway, don't try anything." He muttered before stepping out.

Max got up and ran a hand through his hair nodding slowly "I was thinking the same thing." She whispered before pecking his lips gently "I don't want to give up on him though, if we can I want him to know he always has a place here."

Carmen frowned and got Lucas to look at her, placing her hands either side of his head. “Breathe. Slow. Not here.” She told him gently, frowning as alarms started sounding and she felt the pull of Noah fading.

Ricky nodded in agreement, holding onto her while they sat on the floor, leaning his head back against the wall “God I wish Chris was around to see this.” He muttered. That had been the night they’d drifted apart. He’d spent a solid two hours trying to keep Chris alive after the attack but he hadn’t made it and when Ricky had got home and they’d got him to go up to his room all max had said to him was that she thought she’d found a lead on their son. Not a care at the time for what he’d just been through

Max nodded softly as she leaned against him "I'm sorry....for everything." She whispered before burying her face in his chest "You deserved a better mate."

Ryan heard the alarms and quickly went in "Let me take him, I'll keep him safe." He told her frowning deeply when she shook her head "Its either I take him, you take him, or the nurses find out what we are." He said seriously frowning as he heard footsteps approaching while Lucas was still under too much distress to control himself "I won't leave the hospital grounds, you have my word."

She frowned but nodded and let Lucas go with him while she stood to the side and watched helpless to do anything. She’d already called in the favors she had saved.

Lucas frowned as the guy led him outside, trying to remember the techniques he’d gone over with his mom but he was too focused on that instead of what the guy was doing, grunting as he was soon whacked in the head and knocked ouf, being dragged into the back of the van.

Nurses flooded Noah's room as they tried to figure out what exactly was going on. Soon enough they were pushing Carmen out of the room and rolling a crash cart in to try their best to save him.

Max frowned deeply when she heard yelling coming from downstairs a little while later. She shared a confused look with her mate before getting quickly with him. As they made their way down it was apparent that something had shifted in the house, there was a new scent and she was shocked to find Ryan carrying their son over his shoulder.

Lucas was struggling desperately to get out of the binds Ryan had put him in and kicking against him to try and get out of his grip. “You gave her your word! Get off of me you asshole!” He shouted at him until he finally got dropped onto a couch. “Fucking take me back to them!” He snapped. The moment the cuffs came off he was going to explode, he could feel it. The only time that wolfsbane was used by weres fhemselves to contain another.

Carmen slid down the wall outside of the room, sobbing while she watched them work on him through the doorway, begging for him to make it. She couldn’t lose everything all in one go. Not after the years she’d spent protecting her family for it all to end in one go.

Max frowned as she watched him "Greyson......please, you need to calm down." She said quietly before putting a hand to his shoulder "Take deep breaths and calm down, we can then talk this out and take you back." She murmured giving a brief smile when she saw his eyes start to relax.

A nurse came out once they were done and gave a small frown to the woman on the floor "He's stable, we'll be takimg him back for surgery in a few minutes, it cannot wait any longer."

He turned to stare at her. “Take me back to my mom before she sets your fucking house on fire” he told them, the same deadly calm he had learnt from Carmen before spitting at Ryan.

She nodded slowly, watching them move him down the hall and just followed until she couldn’t anymore when she finally left to go find Lucas, feeling the panic rise when she realised the van Ryan had brought Noah in was now gone

Max took a deep breath but nodded as she looked at Ricky "We'll take you back, but you have to calm down and get your wolf under control. If you don't you could hurt your mother and father." She explained calmly to him

Ryan scoffed and grabbed the kid to make him look at max and Ricky. “She’s being too gentle… you know you’re adopted! You know those aren’t your real parents. Fucking look!” He snapped. “You recognise yourself at all?! This is your mom and dad. Those people stole you! They kidnapped you when you were a baby and ruined your real parents lives!” He told him. The whole pack had watched this destroy max and rocky over the years and for them to finally get a chance to have him back and they change their minds he was furious. “You’re welcome!”

Carmen headed back inside utterly defeated, going back to wait for Noah to be out, soon going to sit in his room once he was just holding his hand and waiting for him to eventually wake up.

Max glared over at Ryan furious that he had broken his word. They really didn't need this witch to be hunting them down but now the cat was out of the bag and there was nothing else they could do. She looked at her son and watched as he stared at her and now Ricky in utter shock "You.....you were six months old. Hunters were after you because you were born on a blood moon. Its rare for something like that to happen." She said started to explain to him "This means you will most likely be a very powerful wolf and that made the guild scared. So they....they sent the man you know as your father out for you. He couldn't kill you though and kidnapped you instead. We've been looking for you ever since."

Noah groaned softly as his eyes started to open a few hours later. He looked around the room until his eyes landed on Carmen and immediately he squeezed her hand the best he could but even that was taking too much energy.

Ricky stepped in and crouched in front of him. “Grey I… god I dont even know what they changed your name to.” He sighed. “I know this is a lot and it’s not.” He turned to flare at Ryan. “How we wanted to tell you… but it is the truth.” He explained.

Carmen managed a smile at him and moved closer. “Hey… take it easy.” She coaxed, kissing his cheek. “How are you feeling?” She asked quietly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back