• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

Max sat outside of the pack house smiling happily as she watched her mate spar with another member, their six month old pup playing next to her on the picnic blanket. She'd met Ricky a little over a year ago now and had gotten pregnant quite quickly afterwards. She was the happiest she had ever been right now and couldn't wait for her future with her family.

Noah got into the house and sighed heavily hanging his jacket and guns at the front of the house. He gave Carmen a weak smile when he saw her come into the room "Hey beautiful....how was your day?" He asked quietly pulling her into him. He was a hunter, hunting down any mythical creature and taking it out. That was until he met Carmen, a witch he had marked, but she had changed him. He saw that not all magical creatures were bad and some deserved to live.

Carmen had been waiting for him all morning, fully aware something was wrong so the moment she heard the door go she headed out to him, taking his bag for him and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. “What happened?” She frowned. He’d been gone for three days but it was meant to be longer. Meetings with the guild were usually around a week.

Ricky glanced over before calling it a day and went to change back, getting dressed and going to his new family. “There’s my favorite little man.” He grinned, lifting him up and bouncing him gently. “You ready for your first ever night with a babysitter?” He smiled. It would be a hunting night and he knew his partner needed it. He’d watchhe’d her getting more and more antsy every day leading up to the full moon and so he had organised for another pack member to watch their son for the night so she could finally get out and go again after so long.

Noah shook his head some and gave a heavy sigh "The're wanting me to up my numbers, starting to wonder what it is I'm doing." He muttered running a hand over his face "They sent me back to take out a pack a few towns over. I don't know what to do anymore Carm...this shit is getting harder and harder." He muttered just wanting the guild off his back for once.

Max smiled widely as Greyson squealed when Ricky came to pick him up "You sure its okay? I can stay back." She said softly bitimg her lip a bit. It would be her first time completely away from her pup and she was stressing about it. She knew she needed to hunt, it was obvious to everyone, but something also felt a bit off to her.

He nodded "Do you a bit of good." He told her, kissing her head "Come on, we should take a walk."' He smiled, reaching for her hand. HE knew she was worried but he was also worried about her. He'd noticed a change since the baby was born that she had become paranoid about so many tiny things and it was starting to get out of hand.

Carmen frowned and set his stuff down "Then come sit down and have something to eat, have a rest then go do your job. The part of it you're good at.... Why do they want this pack taken out? She asked him. She knew that part of her was responsible for him finding the job harder sometimes but she wouldn't apologise for it. The older generation had become such a group of shoot first ask later and it had almost destroyed her life. So when she had the opportunity to explain things to one of them she jumped at the chance. She hadn't expected to find love along the way

Max stood up and smiled softly at him "You're right, everything will be fine." She murmured before kissing him gently "Mmm I love you so much." She said softly before she started to walk with him. They'd been in the area for a good few years now, but still all in all were a newer pack.

Noah followed her to the kitchen and sat down to eat "I don't fucking know, something about one of them showing signs of aggression and theyve been hunting eratically." He muttered not wanting to tell her that really they wanted him to take out the pup more than anything.

She frowned and got him to sit down, muttering under her breath until her palms were warmed and gently massaged the tension out of his shoulders. “Noah… darling… do the job. That’s all you can do.” She murmured, “If they are causing problems in their area then it’s time to deal with them. Of all the others out there, weres have the least reason to attack humans.” She muttered, “mangy dogs most of them.”

He smiled, carrying greyson in one arm while his free hand held maxs. “He will have to get used to having a sitter on the full moons until he can be trusted to be home by himself anyway… you cannot spend 13 years staying inside and not allowing your natural instincts to take over.”

Noah relaxed a bit under her touch and nodded some "Yeah...should be easy enough...I'll be back late tonight." He muttered trying to mentally prepare himself for everything "You...you know that I love you right? More than anything in this world. And I would never do something to hurt you."

Max gave a gentle laugh and nodded a bit "Very very true." She murmured smiling as Greyson giggled and tried reaching out to touch the trees around "I can't believe we got so lucky to have him." She said happily

She frowned and nodded, leaning down to kiss his head. “I don’t know what’s going on with you right now but when you’re ready to tell me, I’m here.” She promised. “And it’s cute that you think you could hurt me on purpose anyway.” She winked at him, going to make him something to eat. “Food, rest and then go to work…. When you get home I may have something nice for you.” She winked at him

Ricky nodded. “Chris has told me we need to take him down to the council… speak to them about what it all means. They can help us protect him and the pack from hunters.” He told her.

Noah smirked some and sent her a wink "Mmm can't wait to see it." He murmured. By the time it was time for him to go his nerves were getting the best of him. He made his way to the small town that the pack was located in and made sure to mask his scent as soon as he got close.

Max nodded some and gave a small sigh "Yeah he told me about that too, hopefully we can get an appointment soon." She murmured before giving a heavy sigh. By that evening she was saying goodbye to Greyson as she got him down to bed smiling "We'll be right back Grey, we love you." She said softly kissing his forehead gently before she made her way out with Ricky.

He held her close and kissed her cheek “We should go with the others.” He suggested, getting down and shifting.

Carmen sat at home, working through rituals and keeping an eye on the door at all times. If they were going to be going underground then they needed more protections on the house.

Max gave a nod and got down shifting with him. She made her way out with him and happily hunted with him. Though when they got far enough away she felt something shift in her and immediately looked at Ricky with scared eyes.

Noah got there after everyone had left surprised at how relaxed their security was. He got in and frowned seeing no one there but finally found a guy sitting in the lounge watching TV. He got his gun out and put it to his head taking a deep breath "Where's the kid?"

He had felt the same thing and signalled to the front of the pack to stop, ‘we’re going back. Somethings wrong’ he told them, turning back with her and taking off, getting back in a record fifteen minutes with how far they had gotten.

Jack looked up and grit his teeth, opting to take the guy on but it became clear very quickly that he wasnt just a regular hunter and before he’d even been able to get a scratch on the guy a round of silver bullets had been emptied into his chest, watching in his final moments as the guy headed in the direction of the crying then saw in confusion as he left the house carrying the tiny bundle

Noah frowned and immediately emptied his gun into the guy's chest when he tried to make a move. He heard the crying and immediately went to find the baby. He stared at the boy for what felt like forever, all he needed to do was put the blanket over his face but he couldn't bring himself to do it and if he left the kid another hunter would be by soon enough. He shook his head and quickly made the decision grabbing the boy and running out of the house and back to his car.

Max ran back with Ricky scared to death of what she was feeling. She shifted as soon as they got to the house and rushed through the back door going wide eyed when she saw Jack's lifeless body on the ground in the lounge. She didn't check on him, instead she rushed to their room to find her son but screamed when she found his crib empty.

Rick ran through to find Jack on the floor, checking whether there was anything he could do or not, leaving him quickly once he concluded that he was already gone. He felt like he was moving through syrup though trying to get to their room quickly, staring at the empty crib for only a moment before leaving to try and pick up a scent. The rest of the pack hadn’t been far behind them anyway and by the time Ricky got to a dead end at the main road the rest of them were in the house already.

Carmen frowned hearing a baby’s cries as soon as the door opened, getting out of bed and made her way downstairs, “Noah? What the hell happened?” She asked him quickly, taking the child and checking him over when she saw the blood but it was clearly someone else’s, turning to soothe the tiny child.

Max was stuck in place, in complete shock at the moment. She sat there until she felt Ricky's presence come beside her and finally broke down "Why?! Why did they take my baby?!" She sobbed as she clutched onto him.

Noah rushed back home and looked at Carmen in a panic "I....I couldn't....I couldn't do it." He told her while staring at the baby now in her arms "They wanted me to take him out...born on a blood moon...but I just saw him and I couldn't do it." He told her before sitting down and taking deep breaths to try and calm himself

She frowned and shook her head "Where are his parents?" She asked him frowning, slowly using what she knew to calm the baby "Noah... Slow down... What are you planning to do?" She asked him, calculating in her head when the last blood moon was to guess his age and went to see what she had to try and give him something to eat.

He frowned and sat there with her, not having any words to fix this right now but knowing he wouldn't stop until they found him. "The good news is they took him... Whoever it was took him. They didn't kill him." He told her frowning

Niah shook his head some "There was no one there, only a watcher but no parents. I had to take him Carmen he's in danger. If I didn't the guild would send someone else, it was the only way to keep him safe." He explained quickly shaking some "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! I just...I couldn't fucking kill a baby Carm!"

Max held onto him and took shaky breaths trying to calm herself "But....what if...what if they kill him later?" She said just shaking a bit as she began to cry again.

He swallowed and shook his head. “You can’t think like that love. We’re gonna find him okay? We’ll find him.” He murmured, kissing her head repeatedly as he tried to soothe her.

She frowned but nodded. “Look at me. Then we go underground and you do this without the guild.” She told him. “We… we’ve been trying for a baby for a while now maybe…. Maybe this was meant to happen like this. Maybe this was meant to be where this child ended up.” She told him, going to set the baby down so she pulled out a drawer, laying a blanket inside and lay him down once he was asleep again.

Max stayed there the rest of the night refusing to move from next to his crib hoping that by morning she'd wake up and it all be a cruel dream.

Noah nodded and watched her a bit "Yeah....maybe so." He said quietly before getting up to look at the child as he slept "He'll need a name, and we'll need to make a 'body' so the pack stops looking." He told her quietly

She wrapped an arm around his waist, kissing his cheek. “Leave that to me. I’ll sort it out…. And I like the name Lucas for him. He looks like a Lucas.” She murmured

Ricky took her somr food first thing in the morning, gently nudging her. “I’m not taking no for an answer. You need to eat. Michael and Ryan have gone to search for anything…. And jacks burial is tonight.” He told hee slowly.

Noah nodded and gave a very small smile "Lucas is nice." He whispered before heading to bed with her. By the next morning he was woken up by the sound of crying from the baby. He got up to check on him but Carmen had already gotten to him "He okay?" He asked quietly

Max took the food and frowned deeply eating only a small amount before pushing it away. "If I eat anymore I'll be sick." She muttered when she saw the disapproved look on his face "What time is his burial?"

“Then I’ll put it to the side for later… not sure yet. Chris has made some calls to people he knew. So we’re hoping they can get down here… I recognised the smell of the hunter. We’ve dealt with them before. I just don’t know who it is.” He muttered.

She nodded and sighed quietly. “Just needed a change…. You need to go pick some stuff up from the store, go to at least three different ones.” She told him, handing him a list. “And when you get back I’m going to go handle things about him being found.” She told him frowning, wanting to make sure things were done well.

Max gave a small nox and let a few tears fall before she stood up and picked up the small plush toy from Greyson's crib holding it tightly to her chest "I just hope they find him." She whispered. Sadly though, what she had prayed for never happened. They had found his blanket along with a mangled body that they couldn't even identify. Now, twelve years later Max found herself still trying to find answers to her son's disappearance and hoping her gut feeling that he was still alive was true.

Noah walked into the house smiling happily as he saw Carmen come out from the kitchen "Hey babe, Lucas is getting the last of the groceries." He said before placing the bags he had down and kissing her gently "How did things go today?" He asked happily. Since that night twelve years ago he had been hidden from the world he had grown up in. The guild had banished him and had a pretty penny on his head even though Carmen's charm had worked. They had found out about how he'd let off a multitude of creatures and wanted his head for it.

Rick walked into the house with the pamphlets in his hand from the realtor, whistling loud enough for anyone who was in the house to hear it "Pack meeting. Lounge. Now!" He called, heading up to the room he shared with Max and sighed, seeing her looking through the photo album again "Sweetheart... pack meeting." He told her. Over the years he'd come to accept the fact that he wouldn't see his son again. It still hurt like hell and he knew it always would but he no longer had the energy to keep hoping. All it had done was hurt. more everytime that hope was crushed. "Max... Honey... Come on." He coaxed. He loved her the same he always had but it was getting hard to keep his cool with it. This was making her sick these days and he didn't know how to fix it for her.

Carmen nodded, kissing him back and smiled a little "Good... I met with a new client. Pack that lost their alpha a year ago. They're needing help keeping their borders secure." She told him, taking the bags and putting them in the kitchen before going to help their son bring in the last of it, "How's your back today sweetheart?" She asked, smoothing his hair back from his forehead, smiling when he grumbled and wriggled away. She knew his first shift was approaching soon and she was worried. She knew how to help him if things went good but if there were any problems she had no idea. IT was far from her area of expertise. "Oh Noah, a letter came for you... Looks like Mark has a few jobs he needds help on." She told him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back