• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

She sighed quietly and relayed the information to him, getting up to go use the bathroom. “So I’m just worried.” She sighed, going to start maki g some breakfast after that

He shrugged a bit and sighed. “I’m worried sick about you babe. I need you to help me help you.” He told her frowning. “So you gotta start pulling your shit together or I take more drastic measures.” He warned her. “I can’t run a pack and look after you and myself all at the same time.”

Noah gave a nod and sighed softly "We'll get him through this babe." He murmured before he got up and ready for the day as well.

Max frowned and sighed heavily just nodding in agreement. She was tired of arguing, she didn't feel like she could do it. She didn't think she could move on from it, no matter how hard she tried.

Carmen headed into Lucas’s bedroom and gently nudged him to wake up. “Hey. I brought you some scrambled eggs.” She told him, setting them down on his desk. “We’re gonna go over herbs again today. It’s so important for you to know them so you don’t make yourself sick.” She reminded him, leaving him to wake up slowly and went down to Noah again, frowning as she watched him packing his work bag. “What job is it?” She asked him quietly.

He frowned and got up, going down to organise everybody for the day, finding Ryan out back having a coffee on the porch. “How much did she charge us last night?” He asked him

Noah glanced over at her and frowned softly "Its an easy job, just a low level Wendigo." He murmured not knowing it was complete trap.

Ryan shook his head some as he came down "Nothing, she wanted some advice. Apparently she has a kid thats a were, must be adopted or something because they wanted advice about a first shift. Apparently their kid is shifting early." He explained with a shrug.

She nodded and sighed a little. “I’ve told mark I don’t like it when he sends you out on those.” She muttered. “You bring a smell back into the house and it doesn’t leave for days.” She grimbled, grabbing a stool and getting up to grab stuff off the shelves, pulling out a few pieces and walked over to him, “arms up.” She told him smiling, sliding a couple charms into the inner pocket of his jacket then took the chain from around his neck and added another on there before finally dropping a couple into his bag. “Be careful.” She told him, kissing him gently.

Ricky nodded, not even thinking twice about it before heading out to the centre of their clearing, overseeing the training for a little while, looking up when he heard maxs voice at the back door, heading over. It was rare for her to come downstairs let alone leave the house these days

Noah raised his arms and let her put the charms all over him. He gave her a small smile and kissed her gently afterwards "Always am beautiful, always am." He murmured softly pulling her in close for a minute "You call me if he gets too bad okay?"

Max came down a little later and called to Ricky giving a small smile. She would do her best to try and get better for him, hoping maybe he was right. She waved at him a bit when he turned and started to come towards her. "I uh, I thought maybe we could take a walk around. Like we used to."

She nodded and kissed him again. “He’s awake. He’d appreciate you saying goodbye to him rather than sneaking out.” She told him going to make herself some tea.

Lucas was sat up in bed eating his breakfast and looking over the books his mom had told him to days ago, hoping he could memorise things in the next hour before he would have to go out with her. “Hey… you think mom will forget about testing me?” He asked him but frowned when he saw his bag on his shoulder. “I thought you weren’t working til after I shift?” He asked looking a little scared.

Ricky nodded slowly, not about to say no, slipping an arm around her waist and kissed her head, walking to the path that led out into the forest more. “That witch didn’t even charge us last night for helping you. Just wanted help with her son going through his first shift.” He told her.

Noah chuckled and shook his head "She won't." He said before giving a heavy sigh "I got this quick job, I'll be back before its full." He explained giving a small smile "Promise alright? Be good for your mom, and try to study that stuff after you bomb that test." He said chuckling some.

Max frowned deeply "What? How could...how could a witch have a pup?" She asked as they walked further into the forest

He shrugged a little. “It happens. But Ryan seemed to think the kid was adopted from what she said. I’ve heard of many a witch taking on other creatures that they’ve found orphaned.” He pointed out. “I’m just glad she didn’t ask for something crazy in return. She’s already costing a pretty penny to keep our borders protected.”

He sighed but nodded and watched him go, looking over the book until he heard her calling for him

Carmen was ready to go, wanting specifically to make sure that he knew the smell and look of wolfsbane to keep him safe.

Max gave a small frown and nodded softly "Well hopefully we can get everything handled quickly." She said quietly squeezing him gently "Then we can get out of here."

Lucas sighed heavily as he came out to see her "Well uh....lets get going." He said starting to feel even more nervous about the test she was about to put him through.

He nodded and sighed, walking a while longer with her until he heard howling coming from the house, turning to head back as fast as he could get her to move without pushing her too much

Carmen nodded and headed out with him, going down to the back of the large garden they had and into her shed, pulling out jars upon jars of both fresh and dried plants, setting them down, going over every aspect in detail when he got an answer wrong, not angry just worried sick about him. "Let's break for lunchsweetheart I..." She got cut off as a sharp pain wnt through the back of her head and she fell against the wall for a moment, frowning "Ooh... Lucas grab me that chair." She told him quietly, feeling a wave of nausea and vertigo hitting her

Max frowned deeply when she heard the howling and moved as quickly as she could. When they heard another one she pushed Ricky away "Go, I'll meet you there I promise just go see if they're okay." She told him seriously.

Lucas went over everything with her making sure to take in all the info she was telling him. Even making notes in his books. He gave a small frown when she asked for a chair and moved it to her "Are you okay?"

She frowned and shoook her head. “I feel like someone’s just taken a baseball bat to the back of my head…. Give me a minute and we can go in for lunch… call it quits today I think I need to lay down… I’m sorry sweetheart…. Hey with dad out why don’t we go into town and pick up a pizza for dinner?” she suggested, not worrying too much and just assuming it was the start of a migraine.

He got back in time to find one of the younger ones on the ground in agony from breaking what was likely their shoulder blade. “Don’t call that witch again. She’ll probably charge an arm and a leg. Can we move him to the car? Get him down to the emergency room?” It would work as long as he wouldn’t need surgery

Lucas frowned deeply and nodded some "Yeah pizza sounds really good." He murmured before helping her inside to go lay down.

Max got there eventually and frowned deeply seeing them help the younger wolf to the car "What happened?" She asked Ricky giving a heavy sigh when he explained what had happened "I'll go with you, leave Ryan to take care of them."

He nodded and sighed heavily, going to get the keys, getting in and heading towards town, trying to keep James talking to make sure he wasn't going into shock.

Carmen frowned and nodded slowly, heading inside with him, making it two steps towards the stairs before the world went dark and she passed out on the floor

Max sat in the back gently talking to James to keep him awake "You're doing great honey, we're almost there." She murmured trying to reassure him. Once they got there she had Ricky help him while she signed him in.

Lucas went wide eyed as she collapsed "Mom?! Mom!" He yelled before trying to call his dad starting to panic more when he didn't answer his calls. Soon enough he was calling an ambulance hoping they could help her.

He got him settled into a chair, frowning at the amount of people around. He hadn’t expected it to be quite this busy and it made him bervous that someone would catch on to something.

They took her quickly and let Lucas go with them after hearing that his dad was out of town. “She’s gonna be just fine kid she’s likely just gonna be a little concussed.” The medic told him as the other was taking her inside the hospital and they guided Lucas to go sit in the waiting room in a spot that the receptionist could keep an eye on him in case he needed anything.

Max came back to sit with them and sighed softly "They'll be calling him back as soon as possible, hopefully it won't be long since its a break." She murmured softly.

Lucas nodded and kept eyes on his mom the whole time. He got scared once they said he couldn't go back but just sat down quietly and sat there patiently.

Ricky nodded and sighed a little. “Could you go get me some water?” He asked her while he held an ice pack to the shoulder to try and help him get the swelling down.

It was taking longer than he thought it would so he had started getting fidgety and was soon going to get some snacks from the vending machine with his moms purse, bumping into someone when he wasn’t looking and frowned. “Sorry.” He mumbled, looking up when the woman grabbed his arm.

Max nodded and got up heading to the little food and drink area. She frowned as a young boy bumped into her but her hand immediately shot to his arm when she caught a faint scent that she hadn't smelt in years. She stared at him in shock "Greyson?" She said quietly gulping when he looked at her terrified and quickly pulled away "Greyson, wait hold on!" She called as he ran off when a name was called.

A nurse came out a few minutes later and called Carmen's name. She gave a small smile seeing the boy run over from the vending machine "Follow me sweetie, your mom is doing okay." She assured him.

Carmen was sat up and grumbling a little, smiling when Lucas walked in, "Hey baby, they've given me some painkillers, everything's good.... Probably just whacked it on something a while ago and didn't notice." She assured him, "You still wanna go get pizza?" She asked him.

Ricky helped James up when they called him through, nodding in the direction he was going once he spotted Max again, "You wanna wait out here? I'll be back once they take him for an x-ray."

Max stood there in shock for a minute before she heard Ricky's voice. She nodded and let them go before she slowly made her way to sit down to wait for them.

Lucas felt relief wash over him when he saw his mom awake "Yeah...pizza sounds great." He murmured still a little shaken up by the woman out in the waiting area. He was sure she must have been mistaking him for someone, but something about her felt almost familiar to him.

She nodded and sighed a little. “At least we’ll have a great story for your dad for when he gets home.” She smiled some, getting up slowly and signing the papers she needed to before heading out with him, keeping him close. “You okay?” She asked frowning a little.

Lucas gave a small nod and sighed "Yeah, you just really scared me. Some lady was being weird too, I accidently bumped into her and she just stared at me." He said giving a small shrug.

Max stood up to leave once they came out with James' arm in a sling "What did they say?" She asked softly

She frowned and smoothed his hair back. “I’m sorry baby… let’s go get dinner and get a taxi home. No more lessons til after your shift I think.” She told him.

He opened the car door for James before turning to her. “Fracture on his scapula. They’ve strapped him up real tight so it heals properly. We need to get back I’ve got an important meetin to get to with Ryan” he told her, frowning at how excited she looked. “What is it?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back