• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

Lucas gave a small nod and helped her out to call a cab for them "I'll make sure to study better this time I promise." He said quietly just keeping as close to her as he could.

Max nodded and couldn't help but feel excited as she thought more on what had happened "I found him Rick....He was in the hospital I knkw it was him." She told him happily

He felt his stomach drop when he heard why she was excited and his face fell while he nodded to the car. “Get in…. I said get in the fucking car Maxine!” He yelled at her when she went to protest. “This is the last fucking straw!”

Carmen frowned hearing yelling nearby and moved him towards the other end of the parking lot not wanting anymore drama for him, getting in the taxi once it arrived and went to get dinner. “You got time sweetheart.” She assured him

Max frowned at his tone but quickly got in the car and stayed silent. By the time they got home he was taking her up the stairs to their room once James was settled "Rick, I swear I'm not crazy it was him! He had his scent, it was faint but it was there!" She said feeling herself breaking when she saw the hatred that was burning in his eyes.

By the time they got home Lucas was calmer and just ready to relax with his mother. They had eaten dinner and were watching TV when he noticed her holding her hand again "Is your hand okay?" He asked worriedly

She nodded and smiled at him. “I’m fine sweetheart. Just fidgety.” She told him, “I’m gonna go to bed I think. Get some rest. Don’t stay up too late please. Sif will tell me if you have.” She reminded him, referring to the abnormally large black cat that lived in their house and was carmens familiar. She kissed the top of his head and went up to her room, now beginning to worry about Noah as it felt like someone had tied her wrists together and they were starting to get rope burn.

Ricky shut the door and glared at her. “Twelve fucking years! Twelve goddamn years I’ve put up with this fucking shit!” He screamed at her. “Every time I think I can move forward you pull a stunt like this!” He spat. “I have fucking had it! He was my son too! You think I don’t know how much that hurt?! You think I want to forget him?! You think that I don’t care?! Of course I do! That’s why it hurts so fucking bad! I can’t keep doing this anymore max! You have spent twelve years pulling down everybody in this pack because of something that happened to just us! I love you but there are days where I wish I didn’t!” He yelled at her, leaving again and storming downstairs and out of the house to go be alone.

Lucas nodded some and stayed out there with Sif for a little while longer before he finally made his way to bed. Something was feeling off to him, ever since he saw that woman, but he was just chalking it up to being so worried about his mom and his upcoming shift.

Max gulped quietly as he yelled at her shaking her head some "I know what I saw Rick! I saw him!" She tried to argue but he only continued. As he got worse she felt more pain coursing through her, like a knife going through her heart. He was pulling away, almost rejecting her but he knew better than to do that, or it would be the death of both of them.

Carmen tried to resst but with Sif pacing most of the night, her worries were slowly being confirmed.

Ricky sighed heavily as he got the phone call from Ryan that the guy he'd hired was coming up the drive now, turning to head back and got there in time to see the truck pulling up to the front of the house, going over and shook the guy's hand, handing him some cash before waiting for him to open the back door of the cab, inhaling sharply, "That's uh... That's the one." He muttered. He never would forget the scent of the hunter that destroyed his life.

Charles smirked some as he came up and shook Ricky's hand "Put up a bit of a fight, but we got him." He muttered before opening the door for him to see Noah tied up in the backseat.

Noah groaned quietly as he tried to look around and see something but it was then that he realized he had a sack over his head. He'd thought this job would be simple, from what Mark had said the guy had really needed help and had been looking for him. That should have been the red flag, but Noah completely saw past it when he saw the amount of money the guy had been offering.

Ricky nodded, "We;ll take him down to the basement." He muttered, getting Ryan to help him drag the guy out of there and into the house, taking him down to their cellar and got him tied to a chair, finally pulling the bag off his head. "Noah Sebastian? .... You're a hard man to track down." He chuckled, "You don't rmember me. How could you? We never met.... You knew my kid though."

Carmen sighed heavily as she got up the following morning, going to get some breakfast and glanced over when Lucas came in "Hey... I need you to come with me for a job I'm doing... Shouldn't take us more than three hours. Then we need to go get more groceries and we can come home again. Your father should be home by tonight too."

Noah frowned deeply and shook his head a bit "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about." He spat as they tied him to a chair. By the next morning he was exhausted, they'd kept him up all night with beatings and questions that were leading him nowhere in the search for why they had him there.

Lucas gave a small nod and sighed some "I hope he isn't so tired that he sleeps for three days like he did last time." He muttered. He went to grab some junk to eat for breakfast but groaned as his mom took it away "Mommm...come on just this once?" He begged hoping she'd give in.

Ricky had slept on the couch, too angry with everyone and everything right now to care what the rest of the pack thought and made his way downstairs again to see whether he could break him yet or not. He glanced down at the guys hands and smirked. “Silver wedding ring. All the charms we found in your jacket and the one on your chain…. If I didn’t know any better I’d say you have knowledge beyond what most hunters do.” He muttered. “Is that why you came after my son? Why you murdered a 6 month old defenceless child?!” He questioned him, slicing him across the face with claws. “You should count yourself lucky we couldn’t find any information on where your family is. Or I’d be taking them from you the way you destroyed mine!” He snarled at him. “I’ll be good to you though. I have a witch coming to work on my borders today. I’ll have her come down and patch you up. Best healer on the continent so I’m told…. Good thing too so we can do this all over again.” He muttered.

Carmen shook her head. “Not for breakfast…. Lucas honey I really don’t need you doing this to me today…. I know it was a hard night last night but that was yesterday.” She told him.

Noah grunted as he felt the claws slash at his face. He stayed looking at the ground as he listened to the guy and it finally clicked. This was the pack that had been Lucas' biological family. He shook his head though and gave a small laugh when they talked about hurting Carmen "Please, you think I'm dangerous? You ain't seen shit. My wife is the one you should be terrified of." He spat at him.

Lucas sighed heavily but nodded frowning deeply when he saw her quickly put a hand to her face "You okay?" He asked her worriedly before helping her sit down "Mom whats going on?" He asked starting to think that this had to do with his dad and not just her.

Carmen shook her head and frowned "I don't know... I don't like this though... You stick close by me on this job okay?" she murmured, getting herself together and grabbing her supplies before taking him to the car, frowning as a call came through from one of the pack members asking about her being able to lend her healing services, "I can do that... How bad is it though?" She asked, frowning when she heard him laugh a little.

"If your wife is the one that made you those charms I'm sure she has a pretty price on her head at the national guild... We could always make a few phone calls if you don't want to cooperate. Humans don't mate like we do but I bet it hurts real bad when your partner dies all the same." He smirked at him, looking up when Ryan came back down and mentioned that their witch would heal him as well while she was there to do the borders

Noah frowned some and raised an eyebrow when they mentioned a witch. By putting things together he could tell it was Carmen and it made him chuckle about what she would do to them. He just hoped she kept Lucas far away from them.

Max came down later that day frowning as she saw Ricky coming up from the basement covered in blood. She raised an eyebrow but didn't say a word when he completely brushed past her to go outside to see what she presumed was the witch.

Carmen had sent Lucas back to the car to get her a few extra supplies when Ricky approached her. “How badly is this person injured? I am a healer but I’m not a necromancer and if they’re too far gone there might not be much for me to do.” She told him. “I cannot promise that I am at full strength.” She explained. The past half hour she’d been finding it difficult to breathe and her torso felt hot, like someone had ripped her open.

Ricky nodded to her. “That’s fine. It’ll be a shame but not the end of the world if you can’t. No love lost if you catch my drift…. I’ll meet you in the house in a few minutes. Show you to him.” He told her, leaving her to it and not having seen her son drop off the supplies with her before he went back to wait in the car like she’d asked him to with the doors all locked

Max gave a small frown as she saw the witch with Ricky still feeling hatred radiating off of him. She sighed heavily and decided to go for a walk to try and clear her mind into thinking straight.

Noah groaned starting to feel light headed as they dug the knife further down his chest. His blood loss was getting significant now and it would only be a matter of time before he was dead. He just hoped Carmen and Lucas were far away from this pack. However, his fears came to light when he heard the door at the top of the stairs open and Carmen's voice echoing into the room.

Carmen had to immediately pull it together when he let her into the basement and she found some of her worst fears coming to light, swallowing back tears as she approached him and doing her best to not show familiarity with him. “He needs to be untied.” She told both the men. “I can’t help him if he’s in this position. My god what do you think he could achieve right now anyway?” She muttered, pulling her phone out to text Lucas and let him know it would be a good idea to stay low in the car and hidden.

Ricky nodded to Ryan to untie the hunter, watching both of them carefully and frowned. “You feeling okay? You finding this a little hard to stomach?” He questioned, feeling a little uneasy at hee reactions to the situation.

Max found herself by the front area seeing the cars. She went wide eyed when she saw the boy from before in the witch's car. Quickly she rushed inside and ran to Ricky gulping when she saw the man on the floor "Ricky....I need to show you something....Ricky please this is important." She whispered to him begging him with her eyes as he just glared at her.

Noah slumped forward as they untied him and let out a painful groan. He layed out and stared at Carmen "Go...now.." he whispered to where only she would hear. He knew this was hurting her, and he was certain they'd figure out soon that she was his partner, she could only hide the pain so much.

She shook her head quickly, getting him turned over onto his back and biting hard on her lip while she worked with what little power she had right now, focusing on the worst injuries and discreetly adding wolfsbane to the salve she was mixing, wanting to make sure they could reopen any wounds. “I need water. And towels.” She told them firmly, “hey hey… shit.” She muttered feeling him slipping away but trying to remain calm enough that she gave nothing away.

He grit his teeth and grabbed her arm, pulling hee to the side. “Are you so blind to the world around you that you don’t smell that?! That is the scent of the hunter who took our son in the first place. You want answers, I’m trying to get them!” He snapped at her. “Get out of my sight right now.” He told her but frowned more when she approached the witch instead.

Max shook her head and pushed past him to go to the witch "Where did you adopt your son?" She asked seriously glaring at the hunter and her feeling her anger start to rise when she ignored her and asked for more things to help the hunter "Don't Ryan! Not until she answers me!" She spat glaring at Ricky as he tried to yank her away "No! She has our son! He's in her fucking car I saw him!" She screamed

Noah grunted as she started healing him taking shaky breaths "Lucas....his....his parents..." he whispered closing his eyes tightly and gritting his teeth when he heard the woman start yelling behind them.

Carmen shook her head, tears starting to run as she felt his heart slowing down, trying desperately to get them to just get her supplies until she felt the woman grab at her shoulder and she turned to face her. “I said I need water and cloths. Now.” She snapped at her. “I will answer you once I know he is safe!” She yelled, unable to keep it together any longer. “You do not know the enemy you are making right now.” She told hee, starting to lose her cool and feel the heat gathering in her palm, not liking to lose control but she was backed into a corner right now and she didn’t see any way out.

Ricky glared at max but soon watched the two of them carefully. “Max. Get back over here.” He told hee firmly, seeing the glow in her palms. “It seems we have reached an impasse…. He wasn’t lying when he said we should be concerned over what his wife would do… am I correct?” He asked slowly, trying to calm the situation without hwr setting the house on fire. “Ryan get that water. Now.” He commanded.

Max stepped back and stood beside Ricky taking deep breaths to calm herself. Eventually leaving with Ryan to help get extra water and towels. They came back down and passed over the towels keeping eyes on her the whole time.

Noah was slipping further and further away as they stalled. Soon enough he was out cold just as they got the water and towels to Carmen.

Carmen worked quickly as she could, getting the bleeding stopped at least and worked desperately to keep him breathing, having to call in a couple of large favors from her gods that she would surely pay for soon but eventually sat against the wall with his head in her lap, smoothing the hair from his face. “He did you a favor.” She told them both, gritting her teeth. “He was sent here on a job to kill your son. The guild already knew about him. Your lack of security measures for him was astounding. One useless untrained were who was too busy paying attention to the tv to notice a human in the house? If it weren’t for us he would have been killed long ago…. I have raised that boy and he is my son.” She told her firmly, staring her down. “He didn’t have to have mercy but I’ve taught him to appreciate all of the supernatural.” She muttered.

Ricky watched her work, very aware of the precarious situation they were now in. “So you’re telling me that you faked his death and raised him as your own?” He questioned hee.

Max took a shaky breath as she listened to her story. She let a few tears fall and shook her head some "Does he know?" She asked softly gripping Ricky's hand gently as she began speaking again.

“Of course he doesn’t fucking know. He knows he is adopted and that his parents loved him but that is all that was important. You were careless the both of you and whether you like it or not he has been safer with us than he ever would have been with you.” She snapped, shaking her head. “And if you know what’s best for him then you won’t tell him until after his first shift.” She warned them both.

Rocky frowned and shook his head when max went to protest. “She’s not wrong.” He muttered, hating it but knowing she was right. “Right now he needs stability.” He muttered. “But we can’t just let you leave either. You’ll just disappear with him.” He muttered.

Max stopped when Ricky spoke up and took a shaky breath "Please.....we'll stay away until his shift...but please let us meet him after." She begged quietly leaning into Ricky when she felt his arms go around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back