• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

Lucas looked back and forth between the two of them in complete shock beford shaking his head some "No....no my dad found be abandonned in the woods! I was a runt they didn't want me!" He said while trying to back away from them "You're lying!"

Max frowned deeply at the boy and gave a heavy sigh "Wait right here." She said quietly before getting up and going to the room to grab their photo album along with his favorite toy from when he was with them.

Noah took a deep breath and shut his eyes some "Pain.....everywhere....I'm....I'm sorry." He managed to get out before looking at her again.

She frowned and shook her head. “Just try to rest okay?” She coaxed. “Go to sleep if you can. I’m not going anywhere.” She murmured, not wanting him to worry about Lucas.

He sighed heavily and shook his head. “This is why we didn’t want to do it this way.” He spat at Ryan “I… we absolutely wanted you. That was never a question…. But we were careless. We didn’t know what we were doing and it left you very vulnerable. We were lucky that they took you rather than kill you.” He tried to explain but he noticed the rope around his wrists was starting to smoke and it wasn’t long before it had snapped. Even if it would stop any normal were it wasn’t enough to stop him. Despite the fact he hadn’t shifted yet.

Noah nodded slowly and soon fell asleep without hesitation.

Max came down and frowned deeply seeing the rope snap against his wrists "Greyson....I need you to calm down okay? Take deep breaths." She said calmly beforr getting infront of him.

Lucas glared at all of them his anger starting to get the better of him again "My name is Lucas! Why are you doing this to me?! I want to go back to my mother!" He yelled before shoving the woman claiming to be his birth mother to the ground and running off towards the back door.

Carmen frowned seeing her phone light up that someone was trying to call her, going to pick her phone up off the side and grit her teeth seeing it was the pack. “What do you want?!” She snapped a bit. “We had an agreement.”

Ricky tried to go after him but he was a lot faster than anticipated and he quickly ran to grab his phone and call Carmen instead to let her know what was going on, helping max up off the floor.

Max frowned deeply when she heard Carmen yelling down the line and took the phone "He's run off, we didn't want this to happen like this. Ryan wasn't thinking straight but we need to know where he would run to." She told her seriously just wanting to get Lucas back.

Lucas ran and ran trying to find somewhere to hide from these people. He frowned though as pain started to rip through him when the moon was showing through the clouds. It wasn't full yet, but as it inched closer and closer his pain got worse.

She grit her teeth, getting up and scribbling a note for Noah hoping she'd be back in time it wasn't necessary but not about to tell them where they lived "I'll get him." She told them, hanging up the phone and went to the car, driving straight home then got out and started the long walk towards where the pack was, calling his name as she went, frowning at hoe dark it was out there.

Ricky shook his head and glared at Ryan "The fuck were you thinking?! We have it under control but he's not gonna be okay with this strtaight away you fucking idiot!" He snarled at him

Lucas was howling in pain on the ground just hoping someone would find him and help. He looked over whimpering when he saw his mom there finally through the moonlight "Mom...." he called just as he heard other footsteps approaching and seeing Max there as well.

Ryan glared at him and frowned deeply "She was going to fucking take him and run, I fucking felt it!" He yelled back shaking his head some "I wasn't going to let them slip through our hands again!"

She got over to him quickly and gently moved him to lean back against her, feeling his forehead. “Oh honey I got you. I got you… we’re gonna….” She trailed off seeing max approaching and just shook her head. “Look at me… like we practiced alright? Breathe steady for me.” She coaxed, trying to soothe him.

Ricky shook his head seeing max leave the house. “You’re the worst judge of character I know.” He snapped at him. “Get out of my sight.”

Max frowned deeply as she heard the howling and quickly followed in the direction. She saw the two of them and stood back but kept an eye on the two of them "We need to move him out of the moonlight, it'll help the pain ease." She told them gently.

Ryan growled at him before storming off to his room to be by himself.

She nodded and murmured apologies to him while she moved him to a much darker part, smoothing his hair from his face. “Can you walk if you lean on me? So we can… I can’t get him home if you’re here.” She told max frowning. “Quite literally. We won’t be able to see it.” She told her seriously.

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod sensing Ricky coming out as well "Just try to keep him out of the moonlight and give him a hot bath with salts, have him soak in it for a bit to help his muscles." She told her gently before helping her get him up and go off. She turned to leave looking at Ricky when she saw him come up "He's hurting, he'll be shifting next full moon without a doubt."

Lucas groaned loudly as he got helped up and soon started walking slowly with his mom. He panted softly and just stared forward "Is....is it true? Did....did Dad kidnap me?"

Carmen frowned and shook her head. “I will tell you everything you want to know. I swear it. But let me get you home first so we can help you.” She promised him, slowly getting him back to the house and running a bath, using her palms to hear the water quicker before helping him out, turning her back for his privacy. “What do you want to know?” She asked him quietly.

He nodded and frowned. “I don’t know who he’s going to choose after all of that.” He muttered, starting to head back to the house with her. “I have some reading up to do. I think I know who it is we’re dealing with now but I need to confirm it before any decisions are made… I just hope Ryan stays leashed again for now.” He muttered.

Lucas got into the bath and immediately started relaxing his muscles. He took a deep breath and thought about all the questions that were spinning in his head "Are they really my parents?" He asked quietly

Max gave a small nod and followed him back to the house "He had good intentions, but went about everything wrong." She muttered holding him until they got back inside of the house "I'll make dinner for the youngers and then be in the room." She murmured to him

She nodded slowly and frowned, telling him everything that she knew, “I didn’t know your parents were still alive…. Neither did your dad…. All we knew was the guild wanted you dead and if it wasn’t dad that did it they would have sent someone else. It’s why we went underground…. To keep the three of us safe.” She explained.

He nodded and kissed her head, going up to the study and pulling out some of the old books they had in there on history of their kind and others.

Lucas frowned deeply shaking his head some "But that doesn't make sense...why did they just leave me alone?" He asked taking a deep breath "Why wouldn't you to come back and see if they were still there?"

Max made dinner quickly before going up to theirs and turning on a hot shower just needing it to relax. She sighed softly smiling some when she felt arms wrap around her looking down at Ricky's tattooed hands "You okay? Did you find anything?"

She shook her head. “I don’t know the answer to the first one…. But your dad and I… we’d been trying to have a baby for a long while by that point and nothing was happening…. When he came home with you I… I thought it was a sign from my gods. I thought maybe this was meant to be this way.” She frowned.

Ricky nodded slowly. “Yeah I uh… we need to tread really careful with this witch. I don’t even know if her husband knows. She comes from the Sanchez coven. THE Sanchez coven. I saw that glow in her palms and …. I just hope that hunter makes it now…. Or we will have to run and we won’t be able to stop.” He muttered.

Lucas frowned deeply and shook his head some "I don't understand....how could he just take me away....why not warn them and help like you've always said to do?" He said before he started to wash off a bit "Would you have ever told me the truth?"

Max turned in his arms and looked at him with disbelief "I thought they were all dead...killed off decades ago." She murmured before giving a heavy sigh

She shook her head "We were much younger back then and I think he panicked.... I can't answer for him though Lucas." She told him gently "I don't know.... I would like to think that yes we would have but I'm not going to promise things I can't.... What is important though is that we both love you dearly and knowing that we have found your birth parents fills me both with joy and dread.... And it's up to you what you do." She told him quietly, standing and kissing the top of his head "I'll be in my room when you have an answer okay?" She murmured, leaving him to it now.

Ricky frowned and shook his head "The last was allegedly killed 20 years ago.... By a hunter named Noah Sebastian... Clearly he didn't kill her but instead he married her and they faked her death... This could either be dangerous or useful... But that is all yet to be seen anyway." He sighed a little, washing off and going to bed

Lucas got out and went to his room to think everything over so that he could make a decision.

Max sighed softly and nodded before she got out as well and joined him in bed.

It was the next afternoon that Carmen made her way into Noah's room again, smiling a little seeing he was at least awake eben if he didn't look great still "Hey... How are you feeling?" She asked him quietly, going to sit with him.

Lucas stood in front of the pack house, ringing the door hesitantly an frowning. He didn't know what he wanted right now but he wanted answers from both sides to help form his decision. As far as he was concerned the one at fault here was the man he had called farther his whole life.

Max went to the door when she heard it and couldn't help but give a small smile seeing Lucas on the other side "Grey- Lucas....what brings you here? Does your mom know you're here?" She asked softly

Noah perked up when he saw Carmen and gave a small smile "Like I've been hit by a freight train and drug behind it." He he said quietly frowning some when he didn't see Lucas "Where is Lucas?"

She smiled a little and gently took his hands, frowning at how cold they were, using hers to warm him up a little. “He’s uh… he’s gone to see them. He doesn’t know what he wants but first he needs answers.” She frowned. “He uh… he’s not happy.” She told him, explaining everything that had happened after Ryan took him away.

He frowned and just walked inside,going straight to where they’d had him tied up the day before. “How was he able to take me so easily?” He questioned her. “Where were you two?” He asked as he saw the man who must be his father coming downstairs as well.

Max followed him quickly to the lounge and sighed heavily. She looked at Ricky as he came down and motioned him over "We were out hunting. It was my first hunt since having you, we left you with someone we trusted but he wasn't any match for Noah." She explained taking a deep breath as that night replayed vivdly in her head.

Noah frowned deeply and shook his head softly "I need to talk to him...." he said quietly before laying back some "Come here....want you close to me."

“So you both left? Just left me on my own knowing that I was in more danger because of when I was born?!” He questioned them both.

Ricky sighed heavily and sat down on the arm of the couch. “We were barely adults ourselves at the time… we didn’t know what we were doing. You weren’t exactly planned. Wanted. Absolutely you were wanted but we were learning as we went and it’s not an excuse but it is the truth.” He explained.

Carmen nodded slowly and sent Lucas a text to let him know Noah wanted to talk to him, putting hee phone away and sat on the edge of the bed, smoothing his hair back. “What happened?” She asked him quietly.

Max gave a heavy sigh and took Ricky's hand in hers "We had been mated maybe what 6 months before I got pregnant? We were only barely 23. We had planned to take you to our council the following week to talk about protection. We had no idea the hunters had found out that you were alive." She explained

Noah frowned deeply "Took a job, from a guy who had found Mark saying he needed my help desperately, best of the best. But Ricky....he hired him, and had me delivered." He muttered shutting his eyes tight "I should have fucking seen the signs."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back