• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

Max walked back over in her red form and nudged Lucas gently as she helped clean him as well. She kept close to him as he stood up finally and started to take some steps.

Lucas opened his eyes to see the black wolf infront of him immediately recognizing it as Ricky. He panted softly feeling comfort wash over him as both Ricky and Max cleaned him up and helped him stand

Carmen looked over when there was a knock on the door and saw mark walking through. “Hey… he’s uh…. He’s not doing so great.” She muttered frowning ”I need a name. The guy who asked for him.”

Ricky stayed back, telling everyone else to head out and do whatever they needed, staying with Lucas while he got himself steady. “Feels a little weird to start. You get used to it though I promise.” He told him gently.

Mark frowned deeply as he looked at Noah and gave a heavy sigh "I'm so sorry Carmen....the guy's record came back clean so I thought he was legit." He explained before sitting down "Dante...Dante Jacobs." He muttered when she asked for his name

Max watched and helped where she could "You're doing great sweetheart." She told him gently "One foot then the next." She coached him

She frowned and nodded. “It’s not your fault mark… they’re gonna try and pull him out of it tomorrow morning… and once I know he’s gonna be okay there won’t be a place on earth for this Dante guy to hide.” She muttered.

Rick frowned as he growled at her a little, nipping at his heel. “You don’t sass her.” He warned him quickly, forgetting the kid wasn’t used to an alpha tone

Mark nodded some and gave a heavy sigh "I'll get on it, give you everything I know." He murmured watching his friend shaking his head a bit.

Max sent him a pointed look watching as he bowed down immediately and took some more shaky steps. She looked at Ricky before moving over to stand beside him and nudged him gently "I never thought we'd be able to do this."

She nodded and thanked him quietly. She had been the one to introduce Noah to him. Mark had been a friend of hee family for years and one of the few hunters who knew to analyse before making a kill so when they went underground she knew she could trust him. “Could you do me a favor? If you hear talk at all about a teenage were, born on a blood moon…. If you get any wind of that. Let me know immediately…. He’s been safe for so long but I have this gut feeling that now he has shifted that he’s no longer protected in the same way.

He pressed his head to hers in agreement and slowly walked with the both of them, keeping an eye out for anything unusual so that he was ready.

Mark nodded and frowned deeply "Yeah I always got my ear out for it." He murmured taking her hand in his "You let me know if you need anything else okay?" He said before standing up to head out.

Max kept her eyes out as well as watching Lucas. Their night progressed with little issue, Lucas had made a small kill and they were now headed back to the house to shift back.

The moment he shifted back he collapsed into the dirt and passed out, ricky picking him up again and carrying him back inside, taking him up to one of the spare rooms to get him into a bed, sighing quietly as he watched him for a minute. “It’s like looking at a Time Machine of myself.” He frowned , holding max to his side. “I’ll call her in the morning and let her know how it went.”

Carmen thanked him quietly and soon fell asleep laying across Noah’s legs

Max shifted back and followed him inside going to their room to grab Lucas some clothes for when he woke up. She went into the spare room and hugged Ricky a bit "He'll be starving when he wakes up, I'll make sure to make extra food." She murmured before taking him to their room.

-4 years-

Carmen walked into the house with her basket of herbs to get dried out to restock her supplies, smiling at Noah stood washing dishes. “Looking very domestic right now.” She murmured. It had taken him almost two years to fully recover but since then Lucas had hardly spoken to him. He still lived with them mostly but would often disappear to the pack for days at a time and there’s was a constant tension when he was around moah.

Ricky stepped out of the back door and sat with max on the bench, slipping his arms around her, watching Lucas and Vinny training together. “He seems prettt on edge today.” He murmured into her hair. They were on better terms than they had been in years and the pack for once was thriving.

Noah turned to face her a bit and smiled happily "Hey there, get everything you needed?" He asked quietly before kissing her cheek. After everything he wasn't able to hunt anymore, he was just living as normal a life as he could with Carmen. However, his strained relationship with Lucas was takimg a toll on his mental health. He missed his son, he understood his anger but he just wanted to talk to him and explain everything.

Max gave a small nod and frowned a bit "Yeah, you think something happened with Carmen and Noah?" She asked softly before kissing his cheek. She had been in the best mental state she had, had in a long time. Having Lucas there made her happy even if it wasn't permanent.

She nodded and smiled, setting it on the kitchen table and slipped her arms around his waist. “You got a couple greys coming through it looks like you know.” She smiled up at him.

He frowned and shrugged. “I think he’s starting to get a lot stronger very quickly and he needs to learn to handle his anger before it becomes a problem.”

Noah gasped and ran a hand through his hair "Well some of us weren't blessed with those great genes." He teased before kissing her gently

Max gave a small sigh and nodded a bit "I don't know how to help with it. We need to start up his lessons on the council again. He needs to know what he'll be dealing with." She said softly

She smiled and bit her lip, just agreeing with him. “You look distinguished. I like it.” She promised him, “I thought maybe tomorrow you and me could go get a coffee?” She suggested, pulling away only to help him and dry the dishes he had washed.

He frowned and sighed a little. “I don’t know how much I trust them these days.” He muttered, seeing Lucas making his way over to them and asking what was for lunch. “Probably sandwiches. We got a big hunt coming up tonight.” He told him.

Noah smiled softly and gave a nod "Yeah I think that sounds great." He murmured giving a small sigh "You think he'll be home tomorrow? I know its a hunt tonight."

Max smiled some and ushered him inside "Come on, I'll make you something." She murmured before following him in.

She nodded and smiled "He said he would, asked if we could go over plants.... He's never been very good with them." She smiled tiredly, glancing at their small TV in the kitchen when there was a story on the news about a family home burning down a few towns over with the doors all locked and everybody had been stuck inside, reaching to turn it off "That's a bit of a mood dampener." She muttered

Lucas headed to the kitchen, taking a seat at the breakfast bar and sighed "Mom said there would be more hunters out and about during this cycle cause it's a blood moon." He frowned, a little worried about how it was going to go considering the horror stories Vinny had been telling him about blood moon wolves going mad during subsequent cycles

Noah frowned deeply when he heard the news and nodded "There has been a lot of that going on lately. Its a bit concerning." He murmured before wrapping his arms around her "What sounds good for dinner?"

Max nodded some and sighed softly as she started to make his food "Yes she is correct, we normally hunt in another more secluded area. Harder for humans to get up there. I want you to stay close to Ricky alright?" She said seriously before handing him his sandwich and kissing the top of his head. They were still only Ricky and Max to him, while she wished he'd acknowledge them with the parental names, she understood why he didn't as well.

He nodded in agreement and ate quietly, watching members of the pack going about their day to day. He'd become a lot more comfortable than he ever had been but it was still abundantly clear that he was an outsider no matter what his DNA said.

Carmen shrugged "Chicken salad sounds good to me... Easy." She murmured. "Mark said he might stop by this evening... I just hope Lucas is staying safe tonight," She frowned, worrying about him even more than she normally did.

Max sat with him and smiled softly "Whats on your mind?" She asked quietly as she stole a chip from his plate "Talk to me honey."

Noah nodded and gave a heavy sigh "I hope so too. I just...I wish he would let me talk to him." He said quietly

He shrugged. “I don’t really belong here the way the others do…. I didn’t grow up with all of this. There’s 15 people in this pack and I’m used to there being a maximum of 3. Usually 2 cause Noah would be off working all the time.” He muttered, sneering as he said it.

She frowned and shook her head. “It’s gonna take a long time for him to be ready for that honey. If he ever is. And that’s alright. In the meantime we be glad that they didn’t cut all contact and refuse to give him back. That they were good people all along and he’s safe with them.”

Max gave a small sigh and nodded some "I know, its hard when you have two homes. But you are very welcome here, and with your studies it'll help you understand our kind more." She explained before kissing the top of his head.

Noah sighed heavily and gave a nod "Yeah that is a plus." He said quietly before pulling her into him. "We've got some time if you'd like." He murmured as he nuzzled his face in her neck.

She sighed and shook her head. “Noah I don’t…” they’d not slept together since before the incident. Every time they had tried since she hadn’t been able to keep herself under control and given him second degree burns. “I don’t want to hurt you.” She told him frowning, glancing over as Sif made his way into the room and rubbed up against her legs,

He joddd and sighed, chowing down on his lunch after that and went to take a walk until it was time for the shift later on.

Noah gave a small sigh and shook his head "We could always tie up your hands, like we used to." He murmured smiling gently. He was worried about her, scared that he ws starting to loose her too.

Max went up to Ricky and gave a small sigh kissing his cheek "He's feeling like he doesn't belong here." She murmured quietly

She frowned and shook her head. “It’s not just my hands and you know it.” She told him quietly, turning to face him and slipped her arms around his neck. “Trust me I miss you. So very much but the risk of hurting you is too high.” She told him quietly, going on her tiptoes to kiss him.

Rocky sighed quietly and shook his head “He’s not wrong sweetheart…. And I don’t mean that in a horrible way but he is still struggling to pick up pack dynamics.” He sighed a little, seeing the sun starting to set. “Why don’t you go collect everyone.” He murmured

Noah gave a heavy sigh and nodded a bit before kissing her gently "Alright...well the offer is always there." He murmured before going to lay down.

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "I just....I hope he doesn't end up a lone wolf. It won't be good for him if he does." She said softly before heading towards the back door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back