• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

He nodded in agreement and made sure everyone was gathered including Lucas as they took their shift, having him stick close by and went off just the two of them. “Keep an ear out all the time. There aren’t many hunters that know about this area but even one is more than reason to be cautious.” He told him, ending up about twenty feet ahead of Lucas.

She sighed and watched him go, shaking her head a little before heading down into her altar room to collect her next bounty. The price she had to pay to save him.

Lucas was nodding as he listened "Yeah....I got it." He said before he caught onto the scent of a deer and started to stray away from him. He heard two loud shots and immediately rushed when he heard a howl. When he saw the hunter ans Ricky on the ground something clicked in him, he grew angry and charged at the hunter attacking him and getting rid of his gun.

Max howled in pain with the others when she felt something rip through her chest twice. She collapsed to the ground and howled again as she slowly started to feel Ricky fade "Ricky.....something....happened." she told Ryan when she saw him rush over

The other was up high in a tree, already sending the confirmation message to the guild that they had got him until he looked over to see another black wolf appear and take out his companion, swearing under his breath. Still he was sure they had the right one and sent the message anyway, trying to sneak away unheard

Ricky had heard the bullets before he felt them pierce through his chest, immediately collapsing in the dirt. Silver and clearly laced with something else as well, he could hear his skin sizzling, trying his best to stand back up but his vision was blurring already and he couldn’t hardly breathe, ending up shifting back involuntarily and laying there, choking on his own blood. He could hear max howling in the distance and the sound of a human screaming, bones breaking but he couldn’t process why. The blood had already started pooling around him by the time the others arrived and through half-lidded eyes he could make out maxs form pelting towards him.

Lucas growled as he tore into the guy. He heard a twig snap another 5 yards away and quickly rushed in that direction to get who he assumed was the another hunter. He was on a war path right now and he only stopped when he felt one of their pack members tackle him down.

Max rushed to Ricky and whimpered as she looked at him. She curled around him and took shaky breaths to try and trying to keep awake for him. She looked at Ryan whimpering a bit "He's fading....he doesn't have much time." She whimpered looking over when she saw Conner bringing Lucas back over to them.

He managed to grip at her a little grunting in pain. “Ch- ch- … Hu-“ he couldn’t get the words out at all, just spattering blood down himself and her while someone ran to get supplies and he felt Ryan tearing what was left of his shirt off, ripping the fabric up to stuff up the bullet holes but the veins surrounding were showing up prominent black as whatever they’d laced the bullets with began to take affect. He just wanted to see his mates face again though, sure he wouldn’t get another chance.

Ryan grit his teeth as he kept trying to stop the bleeding. “Shit. Where is Kyle! He needs to hurry!” He snapped, looking over at Vinny. “Go find him! Now!” He screamed, desperately trying to keep ricky awake. “Call her! Someone fucking call her now!” He yelled, looking to Lucas. “What the hell happened?!”

Max shifted back trying her best to help Ryan. She looked at his face and whimpered quietly "I got you.....I got you babe." She whispered sobbing quietly while Justin called Carmen for help.

Lucas shook his head some as he shifted back looking at Ricky "I...I got distracted by a deer...there was a hunter he shot him.." he explained taking deep breaths "I didn't mean to leave him!"

Ryan finally got the wounds packed, frowning when he heard Justin say she wasn’t coming, turning to glare at Lucas. “You call her. Now.” He spat, looking back at ricky as he heard him throwing up but it was only him coughing up more blood, starting to go a horrible gray color.

Lucas shook his head and stared at the chaos, heading Kyle and Vinny get back and start trying f to help him. “No. No it’s not gonna work!” He yelled at them, “it’s not… I know one thing that can help him. It’s a last chance thing.” He told them, taking the phone and making a different phone call, asking for them to come down, giving the address then directions to get to where they were, “can you keep him alive for another twenty minutes?” He asked.

Ricky was desperately trying to hold her hand but there was nothing in his grip and he could just about see her now, using what little strength he did have to try and put up the walls so she didn’t feel it as well until he felt a hand on his cheek and he heard her tell him to stop. By this point his eyes weren’t staying open as well either

Max whimpered as she held his face and shook her head some "Stop trying, just try to hang on." She murmured quietly looking to Lucas and nodding some "We'll do what we can." She whispered before putting her energy towards trying to keep Ricky's heart beating.

Cameron came to them and made a face when he noticed all the werewolves surrounding Lucas. He walked forward and towards Lucas "That one?" He muttered seeing the man on the ground.

Lucas nodded quickly, getting them to move away a little to give Cameron some space, “Mom…. You gotta move.” He told her gently, getting her up and away from ricky, swallowing a little. “This is the only way.” He muttered, watching Cameron kneel beside him before leaning down and biting down into his neck.

Ricky tried to scream as he felt the searing pain in his neck but nothing came out except more of the same. A lot less blood than what had been but he wasn’t sure how much he even had left in him. His eyes shot open as his body shook, watching Ryan pin the guy against a tree, chaos unfolding

Carmen eventually made her way up to bed late that night, shaking a little from exertion and curled in close to Noah, resting her head against his shoulder to try and go to sleep assuming he already was

Max went wide eyed and screamed when she saw the man bite Ricky. She ran straight over shaking her head some "No no...Ricky?!" She said in a panic before looking at the man that Ryan had pinned to a tree.

Ryan growled and quickly pinned the man to the nearest tree glaring "What in the fuck do you think you're doing!?" He spat glaring daggers at him.

Noah held Carmen close to him as she got into bed and sighed softly. He made sure she was asleep before he snuck out and went to call up Mark.

Lucas rushed to stop Ryan from attacking him. “He’s saving his life!” He snapped at him, shoving Ryan off. “Trust me. This is the only way. No witch would get here in time and no necromancer would be safe to deal with…. Cameron is safe. He will help but you gotta let him.” He warned.

Cameron frowned looking over at the guys mate. “Either you can tell me to leave and then he can die. Slow. Agonising. Aware of every single moment. Or option 2 you let me finish the job and he lives.” He told her. “And you don’t look ready to lose your mate.” He pointed out

Mark answered and sighed a little, up late doing some research. “You see the news?” He asked him. “Three people in Arizona were walking down the street. Separate places. All three at the same time burst into flames. Innocent people…. Happened about an hour ago.” He muttered. “I don’t know who is doing this Noah but I could certainly use your help.”

Max looked down at Ricky and whimpered quietly. She could feel the pain he was in and without a word she moved away letting the man continue what he was doing. She just prayed that Ricky would forgive her once he knew what happened.

Noah took a deep breath and shook his head a bit "I hadn't heard that." He said quietly before running a hand over his face "I think....I think its Carmen." He told him.

Lucas shook his head when Ryan tried to argue with him but Lucas was now as tall as him, and starting to come into his own. Now that the shock had worn off he was starting to feel the shift of dynamics happen, glaring at Ryan and shoved him back. "Step to me one more time I dare you. I'm not the one making everyone else panic. Sort yourself out while I make sure he lives." He snapped at him, looking back to watch Cameron bite down into his own arm and offer the blood to Ricky who slowly but surely started taking it, eventually managing to hold onto Cameron's arm to keep it there until he passed out again. "He's gonna be out for a few days. We should get him back to the house." He told Max, nodding to Kyle to help him carry Ricky back.

He tensed and frowned "Boy I hope you're wrong.... Because if it is her then we only have one option." He told him, "You know as well as I do that if we let her continue down this road it'll get to a point where no one can stop her." He frowned. "The gods she prays to won't be happy until the entire planet is engulfed and their people are sitting on mountains of bodies.... How soon can you confirm it?" He asked him.

Max took shaky breaths as they got Ricky back home quickly getting him settled in their bed. She kept her eyes on Ricky and frowned deeply hearing Lucas behind her thanking the man who had just changed Ricky. Once she knew he was gone she felt her anger start to seep through "Get out." She said in a low and calm voice.

Noah took a shaky breath and pinched the bridge of his nose "I'll try to get one soon.." he muttered trying to keep calm "Why...why do you think she may be doing this?"

Lucas frowned and shook his head. “What? I’m not gonna leave right now.” He muttered, sitting down on the couch in their room and leaned back sighing some.

Mark shook his head and frowned. “I don’t know. But if I had to guess I’d say she made a very complicated deal with her gods to save your life.” He reminded him.

Max shot a glare his way and shook her head "I said go Lucas! Go to your room now!" She yelled her breathing picking up as she got angrier "Do you have any idea what you have done?!"

Noah took a shaky breath and shook his head some "Fucking hell...she should've...fuck she shouldn't have done it." He whispered. She'd never talked to him about how she'd saved him, only that a favor had been asked.

Mark frowned and shook his head. “She was desperate son…. God she’s really done a shit job of explaining her world to you.” He muttered. “Listen. See if you can get into her altar room. But be careful.” He warned him. “We’ll talk in a week.” He said before hanging up.

Lucas frowned and shook his head. “I saved his life! And yours! A thank you would suffice!” He yelled back.

Max glared at him and shook her head "You have no idea what you've done! Our kind don't mix with vampires! Impure bloodlines are forbidden! The council will have him killed once they find out!" She yelled before looking at Ricky taking his hand in hers.

Noah took a deep breath and nodded some "Alright...I'll do what I can." He muttered before hanging up and going back to bed.

“Then we hide him. It’s easy. Don’t you dare start yelling at me when I’m the only reason he’s alive.” He snapped at her, getting up into her face. Taller than her now and much stronger.

Carmen instinctually curled in closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder and mumbled an I love you before falling into deep sleep again

Max stood up to him and shook her head some giving a small laugh "You don't get it do you? There is no hiding it! I couldn't hide you! Word will get around and this pack will die!" She screamed

Noah held her close and sighed softly "I love you too." He whispered before falling asleep with her as well.

“Stop. Right now. Because you’re not thinking straight. So get some sleep and in the morning I’m gonna call my mom and she can come help hide this place.” He told her seriously. “Maybe you couldn’t keep me safe. But she did.” He spat, flinching when she smacked him.

Max took a deep breath before smacking him across the face when she heard his comment about keeping him safe "Get to your room, NOW." She spat before shutting and locking the door once he was out.

Carmen woke up early to the sound of Lucas downstairs huffing and puffing, getting up and heading down there. “Morning. How did you get on last ni- oh my god. What happened?” She asked him worried sick seeing how covered in blood his T-shirt was, hearing Noah leg it down the stairs hearing her yell.

Ryan stepped into their room in the morning setting down some water for her. “How’s the wounds?” He asked her “You didn’t have to kick him out.” He told her gently

Lucas looked over at his mom as she came down and gave a heavy sigh "Its not my blood, I'm okay." He said quietly before shaking his head some "I need your help Mom. Ricky.....he...he got attacked and I had to save him. No one is understanding though! He'd be dead if it wasn't for me!"

Noah shot up and rushed downstairs when he heard Carmen scream. He relaxed a bit when he saw Lucas and came in on him saying it wasn't his blood. "What happened son?" He asked softly frowning as he gave him the cold shoulder yet again.

Max shook her head some and took a shaky breath "He should have known better than to bring a vampire in! I....I...fuck Ryan what are we going to do?" She asked as she broke down crying quietly "I should have said no....I should have told them no...but I...I couldn't bring myself to let him die."

She frowned and got him to sit down. “Lucas talk me through what happened. Slowly.” She coaxed. She knew rocky had been attacked but not what had been done to save him.

Ryan shook his head. “Did either of you ever teach him why? I’m gonna guess the answer is no:.. but he’s right. He saved Ricky’s life. It’s just gonna look a lot different now.” He muttered. “We can hide him away. Say he chose to step down as alpha and no one will be any the wiser.” He told her gently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back