• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sadness Inside These Veins

Max looked up from the photo album and gave a small nod placing it down. Some days were better than others; but with his thirteenth birthday drawing closer she was feeling worse and worse. They'd tried for another after a few years, but it became quickly clear that it was not in the cards for them, which hurt her even more. She followed him down to the lounge and sat by his side taking his hand in hers as they waited for everyone else.

Noah gave a small smile when Lucas ran off to his room once he was finished putting the food in "Maybe you can ask them for some tips about his shift. Make things a little easier once the time comes." He murmured before grabbing the letter she had mentioned from the lounge table "These should be easy enough, only a couple days time, maybe a week at most." He said before looking back at her "What? I promise to be careful alright? I've been good these past few times." He assured her. He'd been doing some freelance work as of late to help out with bills and other things but Carmen had been worried about him getting caught.

She nodded and sighed "Why do you think I took the job?" She pointed out, stepping closer and slipping her arms around his neck "Then give me the details and I will make sure you stay safe." She told him "It's not you that I don't trust love." She murmured, pecking his lips, "I love you. Both of you. And all I want is my family safe." She told him, "Now leave me in peace for a little while. I have offerings to make and I don't need you getting mistaken for one." She winked at him, heading back to her altar room.

Ricky sighed quietly, resting his head back while he traced patterns on her thigh until everyone was sat down "Right. I know everyone's been talking about it so I just wanted to confirm it so there's no more rumors. We're starting the work to move out of this town. Things are getting a little too dicey for my liking and I'm aware of two other packs moving in on our territory... I've hired a witch per Ryan's recommendation who is going to be helping us with our borders and anything else we may need her for just to tide us over until we can leave but we have a few options for areas to go to. Pamphlets are on the kitchen table. You all know how to use google. I need an answer by Friday as to which one we're heading for. Any questions?" He asked. He'd been trying his best to be a good alpha but since losing Chris to a hunter last year they had been struggling to stay afloat and not be taken over by another, stronger, pack

Max sat there afterwards looking at him in shock "Move?! No...no Ricky you can't be serious!" She said gulping when he shot her a look "What...what if we find him? I know he isn't far, I can feel it." She told him but stormed off when he tried to tell her that their son was dead. She had never believed that their son was gone, she knew that if he was gone she would have felt it.

Noah chuckled quietly and gave her a quick kiss before he went to the kitchen to put away the groceries. He smiled some seeing Lucas come in looking for a drink "You feeling any better?" He asked him knowing he was saying how he was starting to ache at the store. They were always somewhat honest with Lucas about who he was. Sure they left out the fact that he wasn't adopted but kidnapped, but they did always let him know he was a werewolf and were trying to help him get ready for the shift.

He sighed heavily and leaned forward with his face in his hands, only sitting up when he heard the clink of ice in a glass and looked up, taking the drink from Ryan. “This is why I need to get out of here. It’s not helping either of us being stuck here.” He sighed, rubbing at his face.

He shrugged a bit. “Where’s mom gone?” He asked, “She said yesterday she made some tea Im supposed to drink to help,” he told him.

Ryan came over with a drink when he saw Max storm off "You're doing your best for us man. She just...she hasn't been the same since it happened, but I think getting out of this town will be good for you both. Get that glooming shadow that hangs here off of you." He said before sipping his own drink. He'd stepped up to be Ricky's right hand after Chris had passed but things were not easy at all. Neither of them were alphas and it was getting harder each day.

Noah shook his head some "At her altar, she should be done soon enough." He said before making himself a drink and yawning some "I'm going to be gone for a small time here soon, but I promise to be back before your shift alright?"

He nodded and frowned. “How long?” He asked him, getting a soda and some chips out of the cupboard but as he went to put them on the kitchen table he yelled out in pain, dropping to his knees and starting to cry as he held his shoulders, the muscles spasming.

He just nodded and sat with him for a little while before heading up to check on max again, frowning when he found her on the floor

Noah rushed to his side and tried to help him lay down a bit "Hey, hey breathe for me. Come on deep breaths, its going to pass." He coaxed him giving Carmen a small frown when he saw her enter the room "You got that tea for him?"

Max glanced over at Rick as he came into the room and quickly wiped at her eyes "I don't want to leavw him.." she said quietly as she got up slowly and a bit shaky. Her health had been dwindling the past few years, the stress and grief just finally taking its tole on her.

Carmen frowned but nodded and put the kettle on, moving to sit with him, placing her palms where it was the worst and muttering until they had warmed up, pressing them to his shoulders to soothe them. “I’m so sorry love.” She murmured to him, hating that he was going through this part at all. “Can you sit up?” She asked him gently.

He frowned and shook his head. “We need to sweetheart. Look what it’s doing to you being here. I can’t keep this pack together and look after you like I should if we stay here. God I miss him every day and I will always feel like it was my fault it happened but this is killing you. And I can’t lose you too.”

Noah helped him up when he nodded and gave a heavy sigh "How long til the next full moon again?" He asked her quietly while he let her help Lucas.

Max took a shaky breath as she listened to him "But if we find him...I know he is close to here. If we move away we'll be further from where he is."

He shook his head. “They found his blanket and a body! What more proof do you need that the hunter took our son from us to end his life?! He was marked from the moment he was born.” He snapped a little “I can’t have this argument anymore. We are moving and that’s the end of it.” He told her, leaving the room again to go for a walk.

She frowned and shook hee head. “Eight days but it might not be this one. You got five more after that before you’re thirteen.” She reminded Lucas, getting his tea done and passed it to him, kissing his head. “What do you want for dinner sweetheart?” She asked him

Ryan saw him coming down the stairs and called him over "Hey, pretty much everyone has decided on this area." He said before handing him the pamphlet for the place they had chosen. He sighed seeing the look on his face and shook his head some "She isn't going without a fight is she?"

Lucas thanked her for the tea taking a deep breath as a smaller spasm sharted "Um....I don't know, curry?" He asked quietly before taking a sip of the tea and nearly spitting it out "Mom I don't think you made it right."

She frowned and shook her head, going to the jar of it, sifting through. “It’s the same stuff you’ve been drinking lately.” She told him, a little confused, going to get stuff out to make dinner. “Noah! Can you go grab some logs for the fire? It’s gonna be a cold one tonight.” She called up the stairs.

He shook his head and sat down, “not unless I knock her out and drag her down there which might have to be the solution.” He sighed a little. “I got that witch coming over tomorrow to start going over what we want done with the boundary line.”

Lucas frowned some "Well it tastes worst than normal." He muttered before getting up slowly from the floor while his dad went to get a couple logs "I'm going to go take a small nap."

Ryan gave a nod and sighed a bit "Alright well let me know if you need me for anything." He murmured looking up when he heard a loud thud come from upstairs.

She nodded and sighed a little. “ I’ll call you when dinner is done.” She went to sit with Noah after getting the food in the slow cooker, leaning back against him and sighed. “His tastebuds are changing.” She mumbled. “I’m gonna have to mo-“ she frowned when her phone started ringing, one of her clients calling even though she just wanted a night at home. “Take the chicken out in two hours. Cook the rice then put some aside for me please.” She muttered, going to answer the call.

Ricky rushed up there, seeing Kyle in the doorway to their room, moving past him and went to lift max onto the bed, feeling hee forehead, “call the most recent number.” He told Ryan, chucking his phone at him.

Ryan dialed quickly and sighed heavily "Hi, uh this is Ryan, I'm Ricky's right hand. Sorry to bother you but his mate, she just collapsed and we need some help." He explained frowning as Ricky began to look weaker as well.

Max was breathing heavily as she glanced at Ricky trying to take his hand in hers "I.....I can't....I can't breathe." She weezed.

He frowned and got her sat up and leaning forward a bit to try and help but he could feel her slipping and it was all he could do to keep from collapsing himself. “Just focus on my voice alright? We got someone coming.”

Carmen agreed quickly, getting a few details and soon was heading out the door, getting in hee car to get there quickly.

Max nodded softly and kept her focus on him. Doing her best to breathe while they waited for the witch to come.

Ryan ran downstairs when he heard the door and quickly let Carmen in "Follow me." He said quickly before taking her to Ricky and Max's room.

She frowned at the state of the pair of them, shaking her head some. Weres had always been her most disliked species. They had such big egos for creatures so easily killed if you injured their mate badly enough. She set her bag down on the side and quickly got to work on making something up for them. “It’s not going to taste good but nothing does to you lot unless it’s meat.” She muttered, getting the two of them sorted with something to help them before going downstairs with Ryan again. “I won’t ask for payment this time. But there is something I need from your pack.” She told him.

Ricky frowned, not moving away from her even if he had wanted to. “This has to be a wake up call love. You can’t keep going down this road.” He told her frowning.

Ryan frowned at her but gave a nod of approval "What is it?" He asked as ge followed her towards the door listening intently to what she was requesting.

Max sipped at the drink and soon started to relax. She was still weak, but her breathing was atleast evening out. "I....I don't know how to Rick....I'm constantly stuck in this fog." She whispered

She frowned. “My son is going to have his first shift soon. It’s early. Like three years early but I am not one of you. Neither is my partner…. I’m trying to keep him pain free as much as I can but I don’t know how else to help him. That’s all I need. Advice.”

He shook his head. “Think of others for once. That’s how you do it. You don’t even know what’s happening with everyone else anymore. But the pack has chosen a location so it should be easier to move on once we are out of here.” He muttered.

Ryan gave a small chuckle of relief and nodded some "We can do that." He murmured before ushering her to follow him "Your probably know this will be very painful, especially if he is so young. Make sure he is somewhere comfortable, like his safe space. Next you'll want some water because he may begin to over heat. Do you know how to set bones? He'll probably have a few broken depending on his size."

Max curled into him and gave a small nod just clutching his shirt a bit and closing her eyes "I love you Ricky." She whispered

He frowned and kissed her head. “Right back at ya sweetheart.” He murmured, watching her til she fell asleep and he sat there crying.

Carmen frowned and nodded. “He has someone to go out with. My familiar will join him on any outing to keep him safe but we just… you never stop worrying about your kids.” She muttered, thanking him and leaving to go home, eventually crawling into bed with Noah, snuggling in close.

By the next morning she was awake in Ricky's arms and feeling a bit better. She watched him some and gave a heavy sigh as she remembered yesterday and what they would need to do.

Noah woke up the next morning and groaned happily as he felt Carmen in his arms. He kissed the top of her head repeatedly smiling as she stirred and started to wake up "Good morning beautiful."

She grumbled a little but rolled away to be able to face him before scooting close again. “I need you here on the full moon.” She told him frowning. “It’s gonna be worse than what I thought.”

He was laying there awake with a pounding headache, eventuallly pulling himself out of bed to get something for the pain and get dressed for the day.

Noah gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "I'm going to be here I promise okay?" He murmured keeping her close to him "What did they say?"

Max sighed softly and sat up when he came back into the room "How um, how are you feeling?" She asked softly reaching out for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back