• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Rich Live Longer - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
My boyo is also wealthy with time, now that I actually think more about it. His inventions are pretty popular, especially in the upper divisions, but I can imagine that the further down the totem pole we get, the less and less people have heard his name. I'd guess that, by secretly venturing to the Underground in an effort to somehow abolish the STATUS system, he'd also be giving up his time unless he talks to the right people before his normal account is shut down? Would this be due to a lack of use? I don't plan on having his STATUS tank in order for him to need to get to the Underground; rather, he's going to travel there willingly himself. Considering his anonymity and lack of a social presence, is it possible that he could get away with keeping his time on one account? I think it would be interesting for his assets to get cut off further down the line, leaving him sort of wondering why the hell he actually is going through with all this after he sees the state the Underground is in, as well as how difficult life there is. It'll have him panic and rethink his decisions a bit, which is always fun.

Anyway, I have some news that I figured I should share. It's going to hinder my ability to write posts. See, my grandmother has ended up in the hospital and I'm really, really panicked about the whole situation. Either my posting quality will drop or my updates won't be as frequent as they usually are. I hope you can understand. In any case, I plan to have my starter posted hopefully this evening after I make a few changes to Ryder's CS. I've been writing out some sample prompts with him in my spare time, really taking into consideration his disorders, and I've found that I need to modify/remove a few details. He's, like I expected, not at all turning out the way I thought he would.

What aside from the technological development lead to such a crazy populated city like this in the first place?
The way I picture it now, whether or not this is/becomes canon, is perhaps there was some catastrophic event whether war or natural or what have you that forced everyone into one close knit civilization, which developed the locale we find ourselves in. The outsiders break off at some point for some reason (perhaps they foresaw future issues with the stratifying?) and created their own tech-free minimalist society outside similar to the Underground except not fearing legal persecution. (At the same time, my brain is just shouting zombie apocalypse at me even though that isn't in-line with anything). Or maybe we just go Matrix and all of this is a computer simulation.... And, now my creative brain says:

images

I could really come up with something wild for the long game. XD

I remember reading somewhere that those who reach underneath 2.5 STATUS are automatically enlisted into the assistance programme, from which they mysterious never return(?). So I was also asking how exactly this happens - do they get some kind of alert that somebody has gone below the threshold, then turn up at their house and take them away? Is it a big public fear-mongering thing or something done in secret?
Since everyone is on the Network, yes, they would have an alert system. I would say it isn't either end of the spectrum. They don't try to keep it hush-hush but they aren't trying to make a spectacle out of it. It's in the same vein as being arrested in the present day. Like it isn't the content of small talk but it's definitely gossip-worthy.

I like the idea of the Underground assembling their own archive, although I also imagine it too wouldn't be particularly accurate due to the scarcity of information and materials down there.
Actual information, constructive renderings of buildings, old tech, etc, speculations and theories... Definitely not exhaustive but probably more than one would expect them to have.

Oh, and just a word of advice: some of the threads don't have the links to the other threads on the top bar, which makes it unnecessarily inconvenient to navigate between the pages. You may also want to tag the people who said they were interested in here/add links to the various places in the OP of the interest check, just so that people can easily find their way to the right information!
Sorry about that! I thought I was updating all the links as I added the pages but I missed a few XD Thank you for the suggestion. I did so.

My boyo is also wealthy with time, now that I actually think more about it. His inventions are pretty popular, especially in the upper divisions, but I can imagine that the further down the totem pole we get, the less and less people have heard his name. I'd guess that, by secretly venturing to the Underground in an effort to somehow abolish the STATUS system, he'd also be giving up his time unless he talks to the right people before his normal account is shut down? Would this be due to a lack of use? I don't plan on having his STATUS tank in order for him to need to get to the Underground; rather, he's going to travel there willingly himself. Considering his anonymity and lack of a social presence, is it possible that he could get away with keeping his time on one account? I think it would be interesting for his assets to get cut off further down the line, leaving him sort of wondering why the hell he actually is going through with all this after he sees the state the Underground is in, as well as how difficult life there is. It'll have him panic and rethink his decisions a bit, which is always fun.

Anyway, I have some news that I figured I should share. It's going to hinder my ability to write posts. See, my grandmother has ended up in the hospital and I'm really, really panicked about the whole situation. Either my posting quality will drop or my updates won't be as frequent as they usually are. I hope you can understand. In any case, I plan to have my starter posted hopefully this evening after I make a few changes to Ryder's CS. I've been writing out some sample prompts with him in my spare time, really taking into consideration his disorders, and I've found that I need to modify/remove a few details. He's, like I expected, not at all turning out the way I thought he would.

If his descent is not due to his drop in STATUS, I don't see any particular reason he would lose his time. They would cut off access to assets to those referred to the assistance program to make it more difficult to do exactly what everyone is doing XD They don't want intelligent, rich people finding their way to the Underground and potentially upsetting the unnatural order. If you want him to lose his time, his family could do some legal stuff to cut him off. Details can be ironed out.

Terribly sorry to hear about your grandmother. Absolutely no rush, no pressure. RP is meant to be an enjoyable escape so if I'm ever doing anything that causes it to not be so, let me know. Take as much time as you need. Just keep me posted on what you need from me.

Kipsy Kipsy : Also sorry to hear about your grandmother, I hope everything turns out alright!

On a writing level, given it looks like it would make more sense to have your guy still have his Time, I will have mine lose his, just so that it still remains a source of conflict for us to have to find Time. :)

I feel Marcus is going to be playing a tough guy kind of role in the future based on our current characters; post coming up tomorrow!

Hi! I really freaking love this idea, but I'm having some problems thinking up a character. There's so much world and so many possibilities (which is also freaking awesome). I know you had said you usually wait and see what characters come out and then go from there, but I was wondering if you had any ideas from the CS that have already been posted.

One idea that I did have for a character though was someone on the inside of STATUS. 5 star kinda guy, working there since the start of his career. Works with the development and progression of the chips. Until he sees something he isn't supposed to see on the inside. I didn't know if you had planned on anything to be hidden away in the STATUS HQ, though, and if so, if it was something large enough to alter someone's whole perspective on what they have always believed in. Any thoughts?

Hi! I really freaking love this idea, but I'm having some problems thinking up a character. There's so much world and so many possibilities (which is also freaking awesome). I know you had said you usually wait and see what characters come out and then go from there, but I was wondering if you had any ideas from the CS that have already been posted.

One idea that I did have for a character though was someone on the inside of STATUS. 5 star kinda guy, working there since the start of his career. Works with the development and progression of the chips. Until he sees something he isn't supposed to see on the inside. I didn't know if you had planned on anything to be hidden away in the STATUS HQ, though, and if so, if it was something large enough to alter someone's whole perspective on what they have always believed in. Any thoughts?
Heyo! I like the idea of having an inside man. It would help round out the dynamics of the whole gang. As for seeing something.... I mean, the whole system is generally terrible and oppressive? The realization of that would be enough to encourage someone to make a change. Or maybe your guy has a personal vendetta? He hasn't gotten the promotions or perks he wants because the whole system is based on favoritism and nepotism rather than hard work? I dunno. I'll be around for a bit to bounce around ideas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back