• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Marisol

God did she want to stay mad at him but it was hard to keep up the glare, especially when Castor mentioned his story to her. His dad killed him? Marisol suddenly felt so foolish for being so distraught over not getting her parents love. At least they didn’t physically cause her harm... It was hard to find anything to say. Her heart hurt that someone could do that. It was terrible... As soon as Marisol was sucked into her thoughts she was quickly pulled back out by his voice again.

“Hah better one later? Yeah right.” Marisol attempted a feeble joke, despite their situation it was still hard to let down that guard. Everest and Castors words scared her. Nora being gone scared her. Whatever she saw in the hallways scared her. But when Castor grabbed her hand it suddenly melted away and she felt the safest she ever had. “Wait! What thing?”

Marisol held onto his hand tightly as they ran but something in her chest began to feel heavier and heavier. A few of the corners they turned she SWORE that she saw those red eyes... thankfully soon enough they were in Ravens room. “You should go look for her, and take Viola with you just in case but you guys should take off out the window. I don’t know what the hell is going on but earlier I saw something in the hall around our rooms and I couldn’t chase it down.” Marisol chose to leave out the mother part of the statement.

No something was wrong. Very wrong. She adjusted her hand so that her fingers laced through Castor’s and moved so that she was watching the door to the boys room, peering over his shoulder before finally resting her head on his chest and letting out a tiny whimper. Saying anything too loud would freak Delphina out and she didn’t want that. So Marisol leaned up and used her free hand to pull Castors face down so his ear was close to her lips before whispering, “When we got here I saw it in the hallway. I think it’s outside the door...”

Viola

It took Viola a while to stir awake and honestly if it wasn't for the fox throwing things at her, she probably wouldn't have. The faerie was stuck in a never ending repeat of her death with her people sitting around her and laughing... taunting her... telling her they didn't need her. Normally a nightmare would wake someone up but this thing was different, it felt so real.

"Ah! Okay!" Viola sat up with a start as the pillow hit her and stared over at Yuu with wide eyes, her body cold with sweat. "Thanks." She shook her head and rubbed at her eyes for a moment, trying to get a grasp on reality. "Wait, what's going on?" Delphina was running away and she could hear a commotion in the halls. "You guys it's just the memories... hold your breath like you were told." Viola started to lay back down but something in Yuu's eyes told her this was serious. "Fine fox boy, let's go." She stood and straightened out the blue and white pinstriped pajama shorts and white t-shirt before roughly grabbing Yuu by the arm and following Delphina to Ravens room.

Inside the room Viola let go of Yuu and listened as Delphina pleaded with Raven. "Wait Nora is missing?" Behind them entered Marisol and Castor, both of them didn't look particularly well either. She looked around and took a head count, even with Nora missing so was Everest. "Castor where is your brother?" She turned and eyed the serpent boy before letting go a sigh and heading over to the window, peering into the darkness. "Raven I'll go with you... if you're all so shaken up inside the barrier I'm willing to bet if we start searching outdoors it'll be even worse. If we find Nora carrying her back will be hard enough without fighting anything off."

Without waiting for an answer, Viola stepped into the window sill and jumped before extending her luminescent wings and sighing at the feeling of flying again. She headed for the barrier and stopped, hovering in the air as she poked a finger through. Didn't seem like leaving would hurt them... so it was possible Nora was out there. But why?

Raven

Raven was finally able to return to the present life when he heard Delphina's voice. Then she stormed in and she looked bad.. upset.. scared. Did the bad thing get him too? "Is everyone having these terrible visions?" He finally brought himself to say it, walking over to Delphina a bit and giving her a tiny smile. "I don't hate you either okay? Don't think that. I don't hate any of you guys here. I just needed to be alone to handle that test... it brought up some trauma I didn't even know I had. I promise, I'm not mad at you." It hurt to know that any of them thought he had the capacity to hate them, especially Delphina. If he felt anything for them it was fear and affection at the same confusing time. Raven liked these people, a thing that he recently realized wasn't something he did in his past life; he didn't do people. Now he was scared that maybe that reason was him...

Soon the others began to pour into the door and he watched with wide dark brown eyes. "You all look terrified!" He paused to listen to Castor.

"Wait, like an actual demon?" Raven almost wanted to chuckle, demons? In that barrier? No way. It must just be everyone's visions getting so bad that they were actually loosing it. However... demon or not... Nora was missing.

Viola made the decision that they would go together to search and it made him slightly uncomfortable. If something happened here, Viola would be a great help fighting. Especially when right now all Marisol and Delphina had was Castor and Yuu... and Yuu looked like a mess. "Viola maybe-" And she was gone. Raven sighed and turned back to Delphina, "Don't leave Castor's sight. If something is here with us, he's your best bet. Hopefully Everest finds you so you'll have some added help." He looked up at Castor and gave a small nod before following after Viola.

"I know you want to stay together but we will find her faster if we split up. Nothing should be able to catch us if we get high enough so just stay above the trees." With that Raven headed in, peering through the tree line for any color or movement. It was a few minutes when he finally saw the sparkle of the river. And then Nora. "Nora!" Raven swooped down and landed on the edge of the river, peering at the water with distrust. She looked strange... "Nora can you hear me?"

Yuu

Was this his fault? Probably right? Especially if even sweet little fish stick thought so....

"Wait-" Yuu was so stuck in his thoughts that he didn't realize that Delphina had ran off and Viola was now yanking him down to the other bedroom. Inside everyone was coming up with a game plan to go look for Nora and Yuu felt useless and lost. The two with wings would be more help here but it didn't keep him from wanting to go... Delphina was right. Nora was nothing but nice. But Yuu couldn't help but see the angry and scared face of the woman who led the mob when he looked at her. He would end up being mean to her, hurting her more than he already had and he didn't want that. He was trying to protect her damn it!

Raven and Viola left and Yuu moved over to the window, peering outside and trying to see where they had flown to but once they moved past the barrier, he lost all sight. His ears tuned into Marisol's whispers to Castor and he turned, raising an eyebrow at the two... Yuu rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Aren't you two cozy. What a lame excuse, humans can't feel energy thats a well known fact. See if I go look outside right now, I bet it's fine."

Yuu moved over to the door and turned to look back at Delphina, "Back up, Marisol says theres a big ol' demon waiting." He chuckled and touched the handle to the door and froze suddenly, he felt it. Maybe she wasn't wrong. "Okay new idea, let's get in that back corner and shove some furniture in front of the doors."

Nora

Nora was submerged into the water. She had lost her will to live and was ready to slip into nothing but darkness. Just let me in your heart Nora, you'll feel so much better. The voice in the water filled her head. It was right. Her body started to emit a faint light as she opened her heart to the voice. The light stopped when she heard a familiar voice. "R...Raven?" Her blue eyes opened and landed on him. Slowly she sat up and stayed quiet for a moment. "I feel weird, Raven." Her memory was scrambled, the voice from the river echoing throughout her head. Go home with him Nora.

"Raven I don't feel so good...You came looking for me?" She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "Can...Can I go back with you? Am I allowed?" Nora stood from the river and was surprisingly not wet. As soon as she stepped from the river she felt like she snapped. Suddenly she wasn't in charge of the train of her thought. Maybe it was a reaction from her soul being in Hell for so long.

Delphina

The tears streaming down her face slowly stopped as Raven explained himself. He wasn't mad at them? Oh, he was just getting over it. Why were boys so cryptic?! She wanted to apologize to him for being so foolish. He even gave her a small smile that made her cheeks heat and heart skip a beat.

Soon Castor, Marisol, and Viola were running into the room with and shutting the door behind them. They were talking about the demon and she swore she felt something moving in the hallway. Mermaid intuition? Here eyes went back to Raven as he told her to stay with Castor and she gave a deep frown. "Be safe..." And then him and Viola were off. Her stomach started to flip as she worried about the two of them.

Suddenly there was a loud bang outside the door and Delphina flinched. "Go away you evil monster!" Delphina panicked. She saw the bounce again with another bang and she ran to the heavy oak dresser. She tipped it over and pushed it in front the door with ease. "W-Whoa." She took a shaky deep breath and looked back at everyone. "T-That should hold it, right?" She had noticed since she had gotten her human body that things were very light, much lighter than what they were deep underwater. She never tried to push something so heavy though.

Castor

He was supposed to be on high alert, in guard snake mode, but holding Marisol's hand hurt his chest. "I'll watch over her." He gave Raven a small nod as he flew out of the window after Viola. Marisol's fingers laced with her and put her face into his chest and he felt his face heat. What was this feeling? Stay focus, Castor. His hand went protectively around her back to gently hold her by the waist. "It's okay, Marisol." He leaned in as she pulled his ear close to her, his eyes widening when she spoke. That's when the banging started. He turned to look at the door and narrowed his eyes slightly. "I'll pin the thing and shock it. Yuu step back, keep the girls safe. Please."

And then Delphina dumped the dresser onto the ground and pushed it in front of the door like it weighed nothing. "W-Whoa. Delphina you get back, too." They'd tackle that freak show later. Castor picked up a bottle of water and stood away from the others before pouring it on top of his head.

The large black serpent with curled horns appeared and stood protectively in front of the others, his horns sparking as he tried to activate his powers. The demon stopped banging at the door and in turn started to leak into the room as a black mist. Castor hissed quietly. It wasn't long before a giant black menacing figure stood in front of them. It gave a dark chuckle and took a step towards them before Castor struck him. He wrapped himself around the large figure and squeezed hard so it would stop struggling.

He didn't expect the demon to mist out of his firm hold. Yummy, human! Castor's eyes widened as the demon rushed towards Marisol. The long talons the demon harmed Nora with were out. He had to move fast. Castor's serpent body moved quickly across the room and leaped in front of the demon with a loud hiss. The talons penetrated Castor's protective scales and pierced his flesh so deeply it shot through his back. Blood poured from his mouth as he hissed at the demon. His horns sparked once more and shocked both of the demon and Castor.

The demon shrieked loudly and turned into dust, the dust flying out of the window and back into the small crack in the barrier it entered through. Castor's large body collapsed onto the ground in a pool of his own blood, a sad growl coming from his throat as he blacked out.

Everest

Everest was searching every pool in the spa just in case Nora had gotten trapped by the demon underwater. When the pools turned up empty he circled the perimeter of the barrier and eventually found a small crack in the bottom of the barrier, one that was leaking black mist. Hmm. The large white serpent seen Raven flow out of the barrier and Viola searching through the air. He'd find her if she was out there.

Suddenly the spa lit up a bright whitish-blue like something big was being electrocuted. His eyes widened as the dust flew out of the boys room. "Viola!" Everest turned back into a human and shouted loudly towards her. "That was from the room you flew out of! He ran upstairs and opened the door. Well, attempted. Something heavy was in front of it. "Are you guys okay?!" He slammed against the door with his body weight a few times before it budged enough for him to squeeze through.

What happened? Castor, the large black serpent, laid on the floor in a pool of his own blood. "Castor..." He knelt by him and looked him over. His horn was cracked. "Let's get some wet towels and put it on his wounds. He's gotta stay wet in this wounded state." He stood up and walked to the bathroom so he could soak some towels in the tub. He brought a couple towels out and sat them on the bloodied wounds. "How do we get in contact with the guy in black? Anyone know?"

Marisol

Everything happened so quickly, one moment Marisol was staring in awe at Castor, feeling like a bit of a dick for ever calling him goat boy, not that she would stop. She also couldn’t help but notice that unlike with Everest, she didn’t feel the tiniest bit scared with this giant serpent in front of her, and he was even scarier looking. It wasn’t until a shadow was cast over the room that she was able to finally look away to see the giant looming figure in the room. Castor had struck it and was trying to make it stop but it simply turned to mist and was on its way toward her.

Marisol was frozen in fear and squeezed her eyes shut, only opening them when she heard a wet thud. “Castor!” She didn’t think twice, she dropped to her knees and gently placed her hands on either side of his face, peering down at the black scales. Her eyes drifted to the wounds and she let a small gasp out before forcing herself to tear her eyes away as Everest joined them.

Everest handled the situation, no one else knew how so thank god he appeared. Eventually the man in Black appeared in a frenzy and with a small army with him. Apparently they don’t know how that happened, even they were blocked out of the area by the demon. They assumed it was thanks to the large amount of energy from the group, the serpents were rare and humans a delicacy. Not to mention mermaids didn’t end up down here often. They quickly saw to Castor and it was killing Marisol to not know what was happening.

They were taken back to Room A and Castor was taken to the infirmary. Marisol quickly showered and changed, throwing her blood stained pajamas in the trash before grabbing a pillow and walking down to the infirmary and demanding that she be allowed to stay. After some argument and promising to stay silent, she was let in to sleep on the chair.

While Marisol couldn’t fully remember her past life she knew one thing; no one she knew would have ever saved her life. And this idiot did. The least she could do was be here for anything he needed when he woke up.

Raven

Something about the situation made Raven shiver, it was a chill he felt deep in his bones as he looked between Nora and the river. Clearly not a legitimate river, since she wasn’t wet. It was so strange. “Yes Nora just step away from that river okay? I don’t think it’s a good thing.” He tried his best to give her a smile as he reached out and gently grabbed her hand. “That’s right, everyone is really worried. Especially Yuu and Delphina. We should get back and let them know your okay.”

Raven and Nora arrived back at the spa to find the man in Black waiting for them. He explained that the others had gotten attacked and Castor was already in route to the infirmary. The rest would be following as soon as possible.

Back in room A, Raven watched as Marisol quickly left one more and he gave a small sigh before turning to Nora. “Are you okay? Should we take you down to the infirmary? I mean Nora...” Raven looked around before placing a hand on her shoulder and speaking lowly, “You looked dead when I first found you. You might have swallowed a lot of water or whatever that stuff was...”

Viola

When Everest yelled out to her Viola instantly stopped and turned to the resort. There was a blinding white light that she sped towards without question. He was right, that was the room the others are in. “Delphina?! Marisol?!” She yelled as she reached the window. Castor was struggling with a demon. A real fucking demon. She reached out and grabbed Yuu and Delphina by the cloth of their shirt and yanked them further back against the window. “Marisol come here!” That’s when it all happened. Viola watched in shock. It even blinded her for a moment and she only let go of the others when her sight returned to see all the blood.

Everest stepped in quickly and Viola attempted to help. Battlefield medical attention was something familiar to her. Though sea serpents were not. He laid wet towels all over Castor and Viola looked him over a few times. Breathing good. Pulse not great but could be worse. If Everest was right about what he needed, Castor should recover. What Viola wasn’t sure about was the horn.

Back in the room, Viola waited to be apart from everyone else before pulling Everest aside. “I have a question... if you guys break a horn is that like a broken bone or is it something more permanent?” When Faeries broke a wing that was it. That’s why they were so protective of them. A sinking feeling told Viola that a serpents horns were similar.

Yuu

The thing about foxes is that they’re sly and shifty but people often forget that they’re also keen. And Yuu was fundamentally a Fox. And something was wrong with Nora, he just couldn’t pin it down.

Back in the safety of their room, Yuu watched Nora from a far as she spoke to Raven. She held herself differently and something about her smell was almost wrong. “What was that raven?” Yuu rang out across the room and he moved over to the two of them. Almost dead? Was that it? She could have been so freaked out that she was acting strangely now but still. “Are you okay? What did the both of you even see out there?”

Nora

Something about Nora felt different. She couldn't tell what it was but she didn't feel like herself. When the man in black told them about what happened to Castor she should have knew she should have felt concerned for him. She didn't though...she didn't feel anything. She knew she should have felt concerned, she should have said something to the man in black. But Castor was injured, they could find out what was wrong with her later.

By the time they were back in room A Nora was different. She no longer had a friendly, calming air to her. "I'm okay, Raven. I only hope poor Castor recovers quickly, he's a hero for saving Marisol the way he did." Sideways she glanced over at Yuu as he approached Raven and her. "Oh, hi Yuu. I'm fine. I was running scared from the demon after it attacked me and I got lost. I didn't think I'd make it but Raven came to the rescue." She gave Raven a gentle smile and gently reached up to give the hand on his shoulder a small squeeze. "Thanks again." With that she stood up and walked up to her room.

--

The next week Nora acted very strangely. Usually she didn't leave the apartment, always overwhelmed with the amount of people that approached her. The whole week Nora had been going out and getting to know the fellow souls around the facility. Her new aura radiated and was very inviting. When she was at home she spent time more time with Raven, claiming she wanted to be around her 'personal hero'. She even went out of her way to make sure that Marisol was eating properly. The only person she avoided was Yuu. She actually went out of her way to avoid him. He wanted her to stay away right? She was just trying to make things easier on him.

For the past few days they had been assigned to knit their yarn. They were told their was no rush on it though. So while everyone worked on their yarn Nora went about her new daily business.

"You guys are still working on your yarn?" Nora stepped down the stairs and ran a hand through her hair perfect curly locks. She dressed differently now too. Today she was wearing a red corset top, black skinny jeans and black wedges. "What are you making?" She walked out into the living room as she looked at her friends.

Delphina

The whole week was a little weird. The apartment was quiet; Castor was in the infirmary recovering, Marisol was down there with him, and Raven was too busy with Nora. Why was she suddenly hanging around Raven? She was completely ignoring Yuu. But that's what he wanted, right? Maybe Nora was just making it easy on him but it did seem a little odd. Everest was usually down in the infirmary tending to Castor, too. It was very lonely. And Nora had been leaving a lot more!

"Knitting it so hard. Mine doesn't look nice at all." Delphina was making a knitted hat but it was so hard! The hat had gaps in it and would most likely not protect her head from the cold. Delphina had been hanging around Viola and Yuu the past week since Raven and Nora were too busy for her.

Castor

"Thanks." Castor mumbled a curt thanks to Everest as he finished wrapping his cracked horn. Apparently Everest was entrusted to treat Castor's wounds since he was the only one that knew about sea serpents. When he woke up they reminded him what happened. The demon, the talons, the shock. Castor was never good with using his powers and he hadn't used them in over a year, his body started to break. More specifically his horn started to break. And if that broke, even as a soul, Castor would never become a dragon. He'd be cursed to be a pathetic serpent for the rest of his days.

"Marisol you don't need to come down everyday." Castor was ashamed of himself. He was supposed to be strong, supposed to protect everyone. He barely did that before his body began to breakdown. Marisol deserved better than a useless serpent. One more magic attack like that and...well, Castor was done.

When they got the assignment Castor slowly began to work on his but it was hard to do with a crushed spirit. His yarn was slowly being made into a misshapen cape. He was truly good for nothing. "You should go hang out with the girls, I'm sure they miss you. I'd feel a lot better if at least you could return to a normal life." He gave her a small, ashamed smile. It was so hard facing her since he woke up. He just felt ashamed of himself. How could he return to the way they were?

Everest

Once home Everest informed Viola of the situation his fellow serpent was in, how their horns were a source of power and strength. If they broke they were cursed to stay as a serpent for the rest of their days, and there was nothing more shameful than that. He spent most of the week in the infirmary tending to Everest. At first he wasn't allowed in his human form. The infirmary held a large tank to let him soak in while the wounds in his chest healed. The damage to his horn? Unfortunately that seemed like permanent damage. Everest desperately did everything he could to fix it though.

It was a whole lot harder when Castor woke up. He fought everything Everest tried to do for him. It was like healing a stubborn brick wall. "You're welcome." He gave a small smile down at Castor and put down the gauze he used to wrap his horn in. "Rest up." He bowed his head and walked out of the room.

The air in the apartment had changed. Nora was much more cheerful as of late and a lot more popular. She hung out with other people and seemed to hang around Raven a whole lot more. She was trapped in Hell for who knows how long though. The man in black said human souls were vulnerable, that Hell could have changed her. Everest just wished that Yuu would stop avoiding her. She was the same old Nora. Right?

"I think the hat looks nice, Delphina." Everest gave a small smile to everyone as he walked inside the apartment. "Castor is doing well, I think he'll be able to come back here soon."

Marisol

The past week had been tiring to say the least, it was hard to watch Castor in pain and it was emotionally taxing to deal with the others. This trip that was supposed to help get their group out of this funk they were in only made it worse.

Marisol fiddled with her yawn, scowling down at the shitty looking blanket as Everest worked on Castor. Once Everest left she looked up at Castor through her eyelashes and gave him a scoff. He had been so insistent that he be left alone and have everyone go on like everything was normal but it wasn’t! Plus hanging around with him was her normal for the past year. Her relationships with the others was getting better but he was the person she was most comfortable around.

“For the last time shit stain, I’m down here because I want to be.” Marisol brushed some hair from her face and looked up at him fully with a gentle smile on her face that didn’t match her poking fun at him. After a few moments she let out a sign and placed the knitting on the couch before standing and moving to sit down gently on the edge of the bed.

“Castor I -“ Marisol glanced at the door again. Since it all happened she hadn’t been able to really talk to him without a doctor or Everest being around. “I appreciate what you did back there. I don’t think I can ever fully express how thankful I am.” She swallowed hard and looked down at the ground, turns out gratitude isn’t something she was skilled with. “I-I’m so sorry I got you so hurt. And I just want to be here for you okay goat boy?” Marisol finally looked up at him once more, a sweet smile across her face as she gently poked him in the chest. “You were so brave and so amazing. The least I can do is get you jello and warm blankets okay?” Suddenly Marisol was very aware of how sickening she was being and her face turned into a characteristic smirk and eye roll. “So stop being fucking stupid, if you really want me to go I’ll go but don’t think you’re doing me any favors.”

Yuu

The past week made Yuu feel worse and worse about himself. Nora was completely ignoring him, she was out making friends with people. It was something that she should do, honestly before what happened these past few weeks he would have been thrilled! Paraded around with her but this wasn’t right. Yuu wanted to talk to someone about it but everyone would probably call him spoiled and jealous. Which he was but that was besides the point.

“It really looks fine Delphina.” Yuu sighed and looked between her hat and his scarf. They had spent a lot of time together in the last week, the two of them and Viola were almost like this little band of outcasts. “At least yours doesn’t look like a piece of Swiss cheese.” He sighed again. Yuu wasn’t himself recently, the after life was complicated and depressing and at this point all he wanted was for the next few years to be over.

As Nora entered the room, Yuu tensed in the shoulders. He looked her over and quickly looked away, she was beautiful as always but it wasn’t Nora. “Yeah still working.” He said shortly, moving back to the yarn in his hands. He had to talk to someone... maybe Raven had noticed.

Viola

Once again, Viola was out of it. Wasn’t that trip supposed to magically fix them? Sure they got attacked but they survived. Castor was not in the best shape but they survived. Everyone was just acting like children yet again and much to her dismay she ended up spending her week with Delphina and Yuu. Time with Delphina was actually quite pleasant, it was Yuu who was irritating as ever. This was a different annoying. Instead of being overwhelmingly confident and cocky, he was pathetic and mopey.

“Well these two slackers are still working.” Viola responded to Nora from her perch on the floor. She was sipping a cup of that coffee stuff Marisol enjoyed and it was actually quite nice, calming even. “I finished my sweater yesterday.” Viola nodded to a perfectly folded sweater on the table. It had some mistakes but it was mostly in tact. “And you? Have you finished or are you off again to wherever the hell you go?”

Raven

Nora had spent a lot of time around him this past week, flattering him by calling him a hero and thanking him for what he did. It was honestly scaring him at first but after a few days he hated to admit it was boosting his ego a bit. Her attention was also helping him get over his trauma, forcibly, but still helping him get over it. Helping Nora made him realize that maybe he could actually be useful to the people around him rather than just doing his duty as a legend keeper...

“Oh not everyone can be as perfect as you Viola.” Raven spoke flatly from where he leaned against the counter, cooking some rice and chicken for the others and himself as a lunch.

Nora

"Your guys's all turned out nice." Nora spoke with a cheerful tone as she looked at the three knitted pieces. "Oh, mine? I can't seem to find my string. It's like I hid it from myself." She gave a nervous giggle and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "I'm sure I'll find it eventually though." Nora gave a small shrug as Viola asked her where she was off to. "I figured I'd meet some people. After this year we'll all be separated into reincarnation groups and nirvana groups, we'll hardly see people in the reincarnation group.

Her steel blue eyes glanced over at Yuu and felt her lips turn into a small smirk. "Oh, Raven?" Nora walked over to him with a sweet smile and bat her long lashes. "I'll see you for our walk later, right? I want to hang out with you before we get separated." She gently touched his arm while peeking to see what he was making. "Looks good, sorry about dipping out so soon." Since they got back Nora wouldn't eat in front of anyone. She didn't give a reason why she wasn't eating, she just avoided the topic.

"I'll be back later.~" With a sing song voice Nora walked out of the apartment.

Delphina

As soon as Nora turned down yet another meal and walked out of the apartment she looked around the room at everyone. "Does anyone else think that Nora's been a little weird since she's gotten home?" Delphina wasn't ashamed to ask the question. Maybe she was just jealous? Nora just didn't seem like herself. "I know they said her fragile soul could be effected from whatever she went through, but..." Delphina considered Nora to be her friend and now she was being avoided, just like Yuu. Like everyone who was close to her was abandoned.

"Raven even you have to admit it's a little weird. Nora was always the one finishing her work before us and now she doesn't even know where her string is? And she doesn't eat, I haven't seen her eat a single thing since she's been home. I'm worried about her." It was like something replaced her. "Do we stage an intervention or something? What if she got possessed by something spooky and evil out there in Hell?"

Castor

It was hard to believe that anyone would be there for Castor. Yes Marisol and Castor hung out with each other throughout the year but...he had never had anyone care for him. His mom died giving birth to him, he didn't meet Everest until the day they died, and serpents really didn't make friends. It was always work work work be a hero and hopefully become a dragon. He didn't understand why everyone hated humans, he envied them. Envied their caring nature, envied their hearts.

"Fine, stay if you wish." He laid back in the bed with a small, defeated sigh. Injured Castor was a doormat. His eyebrows raised curiously as she made her way from the couch to the bed. Was she there to hit him? He could feel his face heat up up when she started to apologize and thank him. That was...such a weird feeling. No one ever thanked him for anything. Why did his heart feel so full and warm?

That would explain why he was down to one flower on his arm. "I appreciate what you're doing. I would take a whooping like that all over again for you." He hoped he never had to get in a fight that scary again, he didn't want to break his horn. In order to protect her better he would have to get faster and stronger.

Everest was heroic, Delphina was strong, and Viola was a warrior. Once he got out of this bed he was going to have those guys train them. "Well then let's both leave. I'm ready to get out of this bed. My horns not going to heal and my wounds have healed enough to where I can stand." Castor stood with a small wince and held his abdomen. His other hand took hers and started to walk back to the apartment. His fingers laced together with hers like they did at the spa.

Marisol

This was a feeling that made her feel like vomiting, well maybe not vomiting but more like... butterflies? Was this that sick shit people said felt like butterflies? Marisol never thought that crap was true but man was she wrong. She stared at him as he stood and took her hand, "Do you really think that's the best idea, look you can't even stand without wincing!" She scolded him but followed as he walked back to the room. Scolding and insults were her signs of care.

When the two of them reached the door Marisol stopped and squeezed his hand to make him stop as well. "Just please don't over do it okay..." Her face flushed bright red and she continued, "I was scared when you got hurt. I don't want to see you in pain..." Her voice trailed off and she quickly stood on her tip toes to give him a peck on the forehead. "Okay jackass?" Marisol had a boyfriend before she died. But in all her memories, looking at him didn't make her feel the way that Castor did, it was honestly new to her. It was also
embarrassing because she didn't want to be this pining girl who went after her friend but man... it was hard.

Marisol gently pulled her hand away and opened the door to the apartment and stepped inside, "Look who's home!" She gave a swooping gesture to Castor in the door before making her way over to the living room and flopping onto the plush rug with a sigh. "I tell you what, that one is a handful. Wouldn't listen to the nurses, wouldn't listen to Everest, wouldn't listen to me! And let's be real I am the fucking best so that's just insane." She tilted her head and gave him a wink before scowling. "Now come sit down and have lunch with your friends before you drop again."

Yuu

Yuu perked up at Delphina's comment, "Me! I do!" He sounded like his old childish self as he shot his hand in the air and peered around the room. "I honestly thought if I said anything you would all call me insane! But she is weird right? Like it's not necessarily bad I suppose but strange." It was bad, Yuu felt like it was bad because the old Nora was near perfect and this one was just a different person fundamentally.

"Wait." Yuu stood and looked around the room for a moment, "She doesn't know where her string is? Why didn't she just ask... it's literally in her nightstand. Both myself and Marisol could have answered that question no problem." This was starting to get more worrisome than he thought.

The door swung open and for a moment Yuu was prepared to be yelled at by Nora overhearing them but thankfully it was Marisol and Castor. "Ah welcome back shish kabob." Yuu gave him a sly grin and a wink. They had fought yes but, Castor proved that he cared about everyone with what he did and Yuu felt it disrespectful to hold onto any bullshit drama, though he wouldn't let him get away without a few jokes.

"Raven, you've been spending a lot of time with her, has she said anything strange? Or done anything outright strange?" Yuu made his way into the kitchen and peeked into one of the pots before starting to pull down dishes for the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back