• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Raven

Raven listened and contemplated as the others talked and he cooked. Nora left a lot more often now sure but they didn't understand what she had seen out there. Just flying above that place made him feel so uncomfortable and stressed. The river thing that Nora was in made his soul feel cold... and he wasn't even in it! She was submerged!

Castor and Marisol walked in and he gave them a small nod before Yuu joined him in the kitchen.

"Strange yes, worrisome no." Raven said curtly as he began filling plates with food for everyone as Yuu sat them out. "You all don't understand what she went through... I mean seriously that was no normal forest it was soul crushing." He moved through the kitchen and took plates of food to the others before sitting in a chair in the living room and taking a bite of food. "I just think we need to let her work this out in her own way."

Delphina

Relief washed over when Yuu shared his suspicions with the others. "Yes! The yarn! She always knew where that thing was, I don't understand how she could just forget." Delphina wished that Raven had been on their side and hoped he would have noticed her suspicious behavior. Did he like her like this? The thought hurt her heart. Was she just jealous of the two of them? ..No. She wasn't a jealous type. Was she? No! This was about her friend being a completely different person!

"You're right Raven, we're just being being over paranoid. We just care about her so much." Delphina stood up and sat her hat on the table. "Yuu come on, we'll go find her string for her to help her out." Delphina grabbed Yuu by his sleeve and dragged him upstairs with her. "Okay, game plan. Don't tell Raven about this at all, okay?"

---

Later that night Delphina waited downstairs with Yuu with a net in their hands. "It's a good idea shut up." They had to do this. It wasn't Nora, whatever it was they'd capture it and question it. This seemed like a cartoon almost. "We'll get Nora back, we have to." With that said the door opened and Delphina threw the net on Nora. "Who are you and where is our friend? What do you want from us and what do you have planned?" Delphina stood there awkwardly as she interrogated the Nora copycat.

Nora

It was about the usual time that Nora trudged in from hanging out with her new 'friends'. This late at night however she was scoping out the barrier and seeing how to break it to let in the rest of her fellow demons. Nora walked into the apartment with a small yawn. It was time for bed not time to be assaulted with a net. "Do you fucking mind? Little girl you are giving me a headache." Nora's eyes narrowed at Delphina as she practically hissed the words. She tossed the rope off of her and smoothed out her hair with a scowl. "You ruined my pretty hairdo all over this silly nonsense? See I knew you and the fox would be a damn problem."

Her pretty blue eyes turned to glowing red ones, her small hands turning into black ones with large talons. "Now don't make me play mean like my friend did last week. I can explain myself. I was napping in the forest when your friend just so kindly gave her body up to me. Said something about not wanting to reincarnate anymore. Soooo I kindly took over her body, figured I'd eat her soul last. Gotta savor a tasty soul like hers, right?" She gave a dark chuckle and glanced over at Yuu. "I assure you that she was beaten down and hopeless, I did her a favor. I'll take down this whole place for her and then eat her. I mean of course you guys might die in the process but we've gotta make some sacrifices."

She clapped her hands together and gave a firm nod. "Right. Well then you've gone and ruined all of this, I'm going to have to move on to plan B." The demon took Nora's appearance once more and darted up the stairs while she whimpered and cried. "Raven please help me Yuu and Delphina are accusing me of all sorts of crazy things!"

Last edited:
Castor

Ever since Castor woke up and found out about his horn he no longer felt invincible. He felt weak, fragile, like his horn was going to break at any moment. It made him appreciate what he had and that was Marisol. She wouldn't break, he'd protect her. It got him thinking about his afterlife. He couldn't really go through nirvana with no horn, could he? "Marisol I've been thinking." He tossed the ball of yarn in the air that he had been knitting. The ball was never ending and the scarf he was making would wrap around his neck a few times. "With my horn being in its state I've decided to reincarnate. There are no regulations or requirements like there are on being a dragon. Besides, I like hanging out with you. I've gotta protect you anyways. So even if I can't be a dragon I'll still be happy with you."

He shot Marisol a sad but sweet grin. All Castor thought he wanted growing up was to be a dragon. That seemed trivial when it came to having someone care about him though. It was like Castor was making plans like his horns were already gone. "Anyway how long is this stupid scarf going to take-" He blinked widely as he heard Nora yelling for Raven down the hall. "What in the fuck is going on out there?" Castor stood up and opened the door to peek in the hallway. He noticed a sobbing Nora in front of Raven and Yuu's room. "Yuu and Delphina? Aren't they like your best friends Nora?" Man what happened while Castor was out of commision?

Viola

Viola was in bed when the commotion in the hallway happened, she hadn't even noticed Delphina wasn't laying down either until she looked over to make a comment to the pink haired mermaid. "Huh?" She stood from her bed and made her way to her door way, opening it slightly and peering outside just in time to see Castor eavesdropping as well. "What the hell is she screaming about? Tell your girlfriend to get her roommate and calm her down. Some of us are trying to sleep." Viola huffed and slammed her door, moving back to her bed and falling face first into the pillows.

Usually, Viola didn't care about the dramatic acts of her roommates but something about Nora felt wrong and she couldn't shake the comments from earlier that evening from Yuu and Delphina. Damn. She rolled out of the bed again and grabbed a gray hoodie from her closet to pull on over her pajama's before slipping out of her room and heading down to the downstairs. Maybe she could find the man in black and talk to him about what was going on.

"Why do you two have a net?" Viola stammered, staring wide eyed at Yuu and Delphina near the door. It didn't take her long to deduce what happened here. "You two did not try and capture her in a net?! Anyone would be pissed about that! Normal or not! This was absolutely asinine and rude! If you two are really worried we should do something productive. Not piss her off more." Viola scolded the two of them before rolling her eyes and pushing some hair from her face.

Raven

“Hmm?” Raven yawned and stood up from where he was reading at his desk. Why was Nora at his door? What was going on? He moved quickly and pulled the door open to find a frantic Nora. Yuu and Delphina? He knew they were worried but he never expected them to act out. “Here, come inside. We can talk about it okay?”

He moved out of the way and invited her inside before shutting the door and locking it so Yuu and Delphina couldn’t cause more trouble. “What exactly did they do?” He paced a bit before her, looking her up and down a few times. Thankfully she didn’t look injured just upset. “Do you want me to talk to them or something? I think they’re just worried Nora...” he stopped pacing and took a few steps closer to her, placing his hands on her shoulders and giving a reassuring squeeze, “Maybe you should tell them you’re just going through some stuff after the spa. Or we can talk to the man in Black and see if he can help you get over the trauma in any way?”

Marisol

Marisol was perched at the end of Castors bed, working on her yarn. It wasn’t anything at all honestly, it was more like a rope than a scarf and it was a sad rope at that. Knitting was not her thing. “What are you talking about?” She dropped what she was working on into her lap and looked up at Castor with a glare. Part of her was thrilled but the more dominant part was angry. Castor meant the world to her and honestly every day as they got closer she got more and more upset that eventually they would be separated and forget each other. It hurt her heart. But what hurt her heart more was that he sounded like he was giving up on himself.

“Castor you died for this.” Marisol spoke suddenly, her voice strained. “You can’t just give up on it because of a set back that’s just fucking stupid!” Marisol didn’t understand how the whole becoming a dragon thing worked but she knew it was something Castor and Everest worked their entire lives for! They fought and both of them died because of it! And more so... she didn’t want to give him any additional reason to avoid Nirvana. “I don’t need you to protect me, I just need you to be you. That’s the person I like to be around. That’s the person I admire. Headstrong, kind of a dick, not stupid.”

As she ranted at him a commotion started in the hallway and he moved to the door. “Wait that’s Nora?” Who else would it be she supposed. Marisol jumped up and moved over to the door to peer under Castors arm and out into the hall, watching as Raven pulled Nora into his room. “Viola and Delphina said she’s been real weird since we got back. They don’t think something is okay with her but I don’t know what they mean. Maybe the same thing that’s putting stupid ideas in your head is putting them in hers too.” Marisol sighed and moved back to the bed, retaking her seat and looking up at Everest’s bed, “What about Everest? He thinks you’ll still be able to do it. And he’s your brother... I know you guys didn’t have a relationship before but you could now. And you should...” Marisol was a mixture of sad and angry that she didn’t fully understand or particularly want to deal with right now. “I think I’m going to go hang with Viola in her room...”

Yuu

Delphinas idea was stupid, he hated to say that because it’s not like he had anything better but with most of the apartment siding with Raven on the matter it was all they had. Yuu truthfully believed something was possessing Nora but on the chance that it wasn’t, Nora would probably hate them after this.

“Yeah yeah, I’m done bitching okay?” He growled quietly from his spot right before the door opened. Delphina jumped first and Yuu barely had time to react.

Yuu listened as Nora reacted and the moment she spoke, Yuu grabbed Delphina and pushed her behind him. It didn’t take more than a sentence for his worst fears to be true. That wasn’t Nora, it was just Nora’s body. Then the transformation occurred and Yuus eyes went white, prepared for a fight. But then if said something that completely ruined his defenses... she was down? God.. this was his fault. Maybe if he had just gotten over his own shit and been a better friend. Yuu hadn’t realized how much damage he had done until it got to this point.

As he stewed in his thought the demon got away and Yuu just stood there. He didn’t know what to do.

Nora

The alarm blared throughout the dorm room to awake Nora from her sleep like it did every morning. The 20 year old hated Wednesdays, it was a heavy class day. Today they were having a mandatory assembly on drunk driving so every student had to get up early and go to it."Ugh." Just like every other day she hopped up and got ready for the day. Shower, forest green sundress, makeup, backpack. Today somehow felt different though and she didn't know why. She twirled the small capsule necklace around, something she's had for what seemed like ever. Her bright green eyes stared at herself in the mirror and once again something felt off. Was she getting sick? "Nora you coming?" That voice. Her boyfriend, right. He was coming to walk to the assembly with her. "Coming." This wasn't anything out of the norm so why did it feel like she was living in someone else's body?

The walk down from the dorms to campus went like every other day. She waved hello to her friends, held hands with her boyfriend, and walked throughout the gorgeous campus to the auditorium. This was a pretty typical day, right?

It looked like they had gotten there a little early though so the pair split up to gossip with a few of their friends. Nora wasn't just popular though she was also incredibly smart. She had a full ride scholarship to the university. Nora knew practically everyone on campus. She couldn't have asked for a more perfect life.

Delphina

Delphina was a 19 year old physical education major who was obnoxiously cheerful and encouraging. She was a weight lifter and coached several of the athletes about nutrition and exercise. Her favorite thing to do though was swimming. Ever since she was little she spent every minute she could swimming. She swam all through high school and continued to swim in college. She was even the assistant coach of the team. Her life was amazing and she couldn't wish for anything more.

Oh, and she had a super cute boyfriend! He was her best friend. Meet me at the entrance of the auditorium? xoxo She sent the text to Yuu with a bright smile and finished up getting dressed after her morning swim and tossed her bright pink locks into a bun on the top of her head. She never wore makeup so that always got her ready quickly. Her long lashes bat at her outfit in the mirror. Black cotton shorts and a bright pink athletic form fitting shirt. "Come on ladies time to go!" Delphina shouted to the rest of the locker room before heading out towards the auditorium.

Her black sneaker clad feet jogged her across the campus and stood outside of the doors. She leaned against the brick of the building, her ocean blue sparkling eyes looking down at her screen. You are so slow for an athlete. Don't make me put you through my regimen. Delphina was abnormally strong for such a petite girl. She could bench press more than anyone on the teams, squat more than them, and swim faster than all of them. Her drills were not easy and they made grown men cry.

Castor

"Man those drills were killer." Castor rubbed his aching legs as he sat on the bench in the locker room. "Delphina is a monster I swear. Who works out like this everyday?" Castor Benet was a student on a sports scholarship. He was the quarterback of the football team and, as of late, one of the students being put through Delphina's insane drills. He had been slacking in the gym and the coach didn't approve. "Ah, I gotta go guys." Castor slicked his black hair back with a little bit of gel before looking back at his phone. "Fuck, gotta go guys. The flavor of the week is waiting for me." The locker room whooped for Castor as he ran out.

The tall 21 year old ran through the campus high fiving people left and right. It was such a good feeling having so many friends. Though, he's always been a popular guy. Ever since he was little. His personality was magnetic and he had a certain energy about him. That and he wasn't too bad on the eyes. Tall, athletic, dark haired and a smile that made all the girls swoon. He had the perfect life. He had two loving parents and an awesome little brother. The only thing he could have asked for was a big brother.

"Hey cutie, did I keep you waiting?" He shot the bubbly blonde a wink as he wrapped her arm around her at the quad. "Let me walk you to the assembly my dear." With that he walked with the girl past Delphina and into the auditorium.

Everest

Everest Kennedy, 24 years old, guidance counselor at the university of Portland. He graduated from this university, he grew up just down the road. Everything in his life revolved around this university, so it was no surprise he ended up working for it. He was great at guiding young minds and he loved doing it. "Castor canceled his appointment again?" Everest gave a long sigh. "His grades are slipping, he can't keep skipping these appointments." Everest shook his head as he spoke to his secretary over the phone. "No, no. I'll just go find him. I have to go supervise the assembly anyway." He ran his hand through his long white hair before nodding. "Okay, bye now." He hung up the phone before his 6 foot 6 tall figure carried him to the auditorium.

Delphina stood at the entrance and was waiting on Yuu he assumed. He overseen most students in the school and watched over their grades, made sure they were doing okay. Delphina was one who sort of struggled with her studies. "Delphina don't miss this assembly, you know it's mandatory right?" He glanced over as Castor walked past him. "Hey, Castor!" Everest jogged after the boy and wrapped his arm around him as he walked with him and his little girlfriend. "Is this the Brittney you were talking about?" The girl huffed slightly and walked off, a small chuckle passing Everest's lips. "Sorry, had to get you alone my boy. If you fail another class you'll be on academic probation. Nora is a great tutor and I'll gladly recommend she tutors you." He gave him a small pat on the shoulder and led him over to Nora.

"Nora my girl, I'm going to need you to tutor this fine boy please."

Viola

Viola had been running around and getting everyone up and moving since six in the morning. She was fairly positive that the rest of her sorority sisters hated her guts but honestly she didn't care. It was homecoming week and she wanted to make sure they were completely ready for the festivities to come, that meant looking their best and keeping the house mother off their case. Plus there was the stupid mandatory meeting on campus. Viola didn't quite understand how they planned on knowing who was and wasn't there. The campus was small but it wasn't that small. But she knew all the athletes and student organization members would be under close watch so she supposed she had to listen.

"Sorry ladies but let's get moving! We need to start walking in 5!" Viola yelled up the stairs of the pristine and large mansion like home before turning to look at herself in the mirror that sat at the bottom of the stairs. Viola always loved leading, she was a political science major and the president of the most prestigious sorority house on campus. Graduating from here without causing any real trouble would mean endless possibilities for her. Her sisters included people like Martha Stewart and Hilary Clinton for gods sakes!

She fixed her hair and gave herself a steely smile, her platinum hair was in carefully produced waves around her shoulders and her fringe was pinned back with the same hair pin she wore everyday since she was too young to remember. Her makeup was simple with light pink eye shadow and cheeks with lots of mascara and some clear gloss. She was wearing a PINK quarter zip sweater with a pair of modest jean shorts and some flip flops. "Time to motor kids! Marisol move your ass! ' About twenty girls lived in the house and Marisol was always running late. Once they all arrived Viola started the two block walk to the auditorium, not bothering to wait for her vice president who was probably still brushing her hair.

Once there she ushered all the girls inside before brushing past a girl with pink hair standing at the door. "Excuse me." Viola nodded politely and made her way to a seat, a weird feeling that she knew that girl from somewhere setting in before she quickly shrugged it off and started some mindless chatter with her sisters.

Raven

Raven was a child prodigy, out of high school before he was 14 years old and he had finished his masters by the time he was 17. So now at 23 years of age, Raven was already a university professor of history and specializing in mythology and ancient hymns. It was the best job in the world. While Raven himself had to admit he wasn't a very social being, something changed when he was in front of a classroom talking about the things he was passionate about. It made his life worth living. Especially considering he was so far from any family he had and he really didn't do the whole friends thing.

After Raven locked his office for the morning, he made his way through the building and out onto the quad. He had offered to help with the assembly, which basically meant standing at the back and making sure no kids tried to sneak out. As he walked to the auditorium a few students waved hellos to which he nodded and smiled back, sipping his black coffee and eventually finding himself walking upon the scene of Everest and a student. A antagonizing student.

"Everest, good morning." Raven nodded to his co-worker and peered between him and Castor. "I presume you're offering the knowledge to Castor here that even an elective course counts against your GPA? Castor I hope to see you in class. It's Monday and Wednesday at 2 pm in case you forgot." He pinched the bridge of his nose and made his way inside the room and found a wall to lean against.

Yuu

Yuu was laying in bed when his phone chimed it's cute little beep that Delphina had chosen as her own. He reached over lazily and chuckled at the message before tossing the phone and laying his playstation controller on its charger on his night stand. "That time already huh?" He pulled himself off the bed and moved to grab his shoes. He had already gotten ready for the day after getting back to his dorm from hockey practice earlier that morning. The college senior was wearing a pair of black and white stripped Adidas joggers with a large white t-shirt. His shaggy white hair was pulled into a bun on the top of his head and on his face sat a pair of thin rimmed circular glasses.

Once his tennis shoes were pulled on, Yuu made his way slowly to the quad. Another chime went off and he laughed, already knowing he was going to be scolded for not appearing in an instant.

"Me? Slow? I have no clue what you mean Miss Kaliani." Yuu ran up behind his pink haired goddess of a girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her waist and tossed her over his shoulder. "I don't know that you're talking about Del, it seems like I'm the one that had to bring you into the auditorium! Maybe you need extra training not me." He chuckled and gently put her down, a few people who he knew around him were cracking jokes but he just rolled his eyes and leaned down to peer into her eyes. Notorious womanizer this one. "Now don't I get any points for being amazing and making sure you didn't have to over exert yourself walking?" He planted a quick kiss on her lips before standing up straight and taking her hand, leading her to find an empty seat.

Marisol

"I know I know!" Marisol yelled down the stairs as she moved in a blur past the landing and back to the room she shared with three other girls. This was her first semester in the sorority but since none of the other girls wanted to deal with being Viola's VP, she took the position just to have the housing outside of the dorms. However being a second year criminal justice student with all your professors expecting greatness from you added a lot of pressure to your life. Marisol studied day in and out and that usually meant she was late getting ready. "Don't wait up!" She heard the door open and shut a few moments later and she knew Viola got tired of waiting. Marisol didn't really blame her. Plus it's not like they couldn't do things ALONE every once in a while.

Marisol finished getting dressed quickly, she didn't look like your typical sorority girl but her mother was a legacy so here she was. She had shoulder length hair that parted down the middle and was slightly wavy, her lip and septum were both pierced and she often wore heavy eyeliner and fake lashes. Today she was wearing a black PVC skirt with a black crop top and some chunky black Filas. Once finally dressed she tossed her phone in her pocket and went to leave before having the nagging urge that she was forgetting something. Oh! Shit! Marisol turned quickly and grabbed her charm bracelet off the night stand before clamping it on her wrist and taking off running out of the house.

In the quad she was still running, noticing not many people were out and about still usually meant she was super fucking late.

In her inability to pay attention, Marisol went flying through Castor and Everest, nearly knocking them both over. "Fuck! Sorry! Uh, yeah!" Without much of another thought she ran to the auditorium and sat in the seat nearest Viola. "Sorry. I fell asleep again after you woke me up. I had an essay due..."

Nora

As she was busy chatting with some of her friends Nora was approached by Mr. Kennedy the guidance counselor approached with Castor who was a year her senior. Tutor? "I uh-" Suddenly, as everyone started to walk into the auditorium, the bright blue sand in the glass pendant started to glow a bright blue. "What-" She jumped back slightly as the pendant started to float. What was happening? Suddenly the breeze from the air conditioner stopped. Actually everything stopped moving. People around them stopped moving and talking. Everything turned gray.

Well, not everything turned gray.

Nora's pendant around her neck was glowing and Nora was in color. Mr. Kennedy was in color, same with Castor. Her bright blue eyes glanced around the auditorium. Delphina the swimmer, Yuu the womanizer. Marisol and Viola the sorority girls, and Mr. Oori. "What's going on?" Nora took a step back but suddenly felt dizzy. Nora looked to Everest and Castor but an image flashed across her sight. Two large serpent type creatures, one black one white.

A voice echoed through her head. It was a smooth, gentle voice that seemed to relax all of her worries away. Glad to see you all made it okay. You don't know me and that's because I've tampered with all of your memories. I reincarnated you guys together, fate brought you together for a reason and she wanted me to keep you together. Unfortunately some people aren't too pleased with this decision. I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you all need to leave this auditorium. It's a trap. I had to alter history and the future to keep your fates intertwined and it brought the attention to Enforcers who were created to solve this issue. I need you all to go into hiding for a little while, just long enough for them to move on to somewhere else. If they find you they'll send you back to your given fates. I need you to get to the old Alphi Phi Omega house-- I've made a barrier around this building so they can't find you.

What was happening? "This isn't a joke..." Somewhere deep in her heart she knew this was real, she could feel it. "Guys let's go." As soon as Nora stepped foot out of the auditorium timed resumed. Her heart started to race, it felt like it was the start of a bomb timer or something. Hastily she headed down the road towards the ex fraternity house.

Delphina

The pink haired girl was too distracted to notice Yuu sneak up on her. When he picked her up she squealed quietly and let out a small giggle. "How rude! I've already swam 60 laps this morning!" She glanced back at the white haired man that carried her over his shoulder into the auditorium. She saw the glances that some people gave them and they didn't bother her much. She knew he was a womanizer but he was the first person to ever really get her, they got along so well. They were best friends. He wooed other women with a single glance. It made her feel a little less guilty about being head over heels for the history teacher. Honestly she couldn't even tell you what he taught, all she knew was she signed up for every course of his.

When Yuu planted her on the ground she smiled that sweet smile of hers and held his hand as they found their seat. "So what's this assembly about? Drunk driving or something?" She found herself glancing over at Mr. Oori as he walked in. Oh no, he was joining them for this? How distracting.

Suddenly everything around them froze, the hourglass around her neck glowing a bright blue light. The air felt stale, cold, and stagnant. The voice echoed the message throughout her head and she glanced over at Yuu. A flash of a sly boy with fox ears took over her vision and she blinked it away. "W..We've gotta go." As soon as she stood up she seen time start back up. Her hand clutched Yuu's as she ran. Fear was pumping through her veins. They would be sent back to their destined fates...she didn't like the sound of that. She liked the life she had.

Once down the road to the greenery covered frat house. She jiggled the handle for a moment to find it unlocked. The air here felt different. Not like the auditorium different but more of a protected air, if that made any sense. Surprisingly the place wasn't run down or damaged but the furniture was covered and everything was dusty. It needed cleaning. "We're just supposed to stay here until we're told not to?"

e3c6733c5fad73efe3eae66a971abe88.png

Castor

"Wait no, Michelle come on-" Castor glared over at Everest as he wrapped his arm around him and scared off the girl he was with. "Ah come on you cock-blockin' son of a gun, I'm a senior and the president of a frat! What do you expect of me? Brains and brawn? Your school took me in for the brawn side of me, man." He grumbled to himself as they approached Nora. A junior tutoring him? Please. He could get the grades if he tried. And then came in Raven. "Yeah teach, I vaguely remember the time." He just usually sleeps off the booze until 2, but he wasn't going to announce that. "Hey what the hell-" He blinked a few times as he realized who plowed between him and Everest. The cute VP to the sorority house. "You good girly?"

The fang necklace around his neck started to glow the same blue as the others were glowing. The fang was a mystery fang, one time he was told it looked like an impossibly large serpents. He always thought it was pretty cool but he never had seen it do this. Suddenly the voice rang through his head and he couldn't help but laugh. "This guys gotta be kidding, right?" He glanced over at Everest and jumped as he seen a large white serpent. "H-Holy shit..."

Time unfroze and Castor looked around. "VP you coming?" He glanced back at her before jogging out of the auditorium. Whatever that voice was saying wasn't going to happen to Castor. He wasn't leaving, he had a good thing going on. Thankfully the frat house was only two blocks away.

Once inside Castor looked around and sighed. "Man I don't think anyone's been in here since I was a freshman. How was it unlocked?" He looked around the living room and took off the cover to the couch, coughing as dust filled the air. "How long is this shit going to take?"

Everest

When Marisol plowed through him and Castor he couldn't help but give a long sigh. "Marisol, slow down!" These kids. Some of them were out of control, but that one had always been a little eccentric. "I don't care what you do in your free time Castor I truly don't so long as you pass your classes." He gave a small nod back at Raven with a small smile. "Yes Mr. Oori I agree, every subject is important to pass." He went on to lecture Castor some more, kind of like an older brother, but paused when everything around them stopped. The crown-shaped small horn barrette in Everest's hair suddenly started to glow and forced his brows to raise. "What in the world..." Only 8 of them were glowing. Why?

The voice spoke to them and he gave a small sigh. Everest was a very rational person. He glanced over at Castor and jumped slightly when he seen the large black serpent for a split second. Nora ran off and soon the others were leaving. "I can't believe I'm doing this." Everest jogged after everyone to the fraternity house. His heart was pounding in his ears. What did he see? What was that voice? Clearly Castor was a human, why did he see him as that big snake thing?

It all seemed so familiar though, like that was natural for Castor. It was insane, really. "We should just stay here until it gets dark unless the voice tells us otherwise." It seemed so strange coming from his mouth that they were going to listen to an imaginary voice. "So I assume you all heard the voice too?"

Marisol

Marisol sighed and got comfortable in her seat, staring blankly at the screen when suddenly it went gray, weird... a technical issue maybe? It took her a few seconds to realize that almost everything around her had turned to grey-scale. Viola in the seat beside her was fine and moving but everything else just stopped. The bracelet around her wrist began to shine with an insane blue light as did the pin in Viola's hair, "Woah Viola... your pin-" Suddenly she was cut off by a voice in her head that made her panic slightly for a moment. But then the voice seemed familiar and caused Marisol to slowly look around the room. There were others besides her and Viola.

When her eyes moved over Castor and Everest she took a deep inhale at the flash of memory that hurt her brain, it was Castor but he had horns and three tattoos on his arm that were eerily familiar. Then it flashed away and her eyes moved to where she saw Nora and suddenly she felt the need to leave the room, like she wanted to vomit and cry all at once. "Viola we should listen, come on." Marisol didn't really wait to process any information other than she needed to not be in this room that felt like she was suffocating.

With a rough pull of Viola through the stone still bodies of their friends, they made their way outside and everything started to feel real again. Marisol kept running just the way that she had to get to the auditorum and didn't let go of Viola until they were finally inside the living room of the frat house. "Yeah I heard it... good to know I'm not having some really fucking terrible drug trip I suppose." Marisol swallowed hard and walked further into the house, slowly turning as she looked all around. "Did the voice sound familiar to you guys too? And is anyone else feeling strangely... normal with what just happened?" As she spoke her eyes landed on Nora again and Marisol's stomach turned again. Did she eat something bad or something? What was this feeling in the pit of her stomach about...

Yuu

Yuu was stunned into silence as the stone in his braided bracelet began to glow and the voice rang out in his head, his first thought was to check to make sure Delphina was okay but the same thing appeared to be happening to her. The voice in their head began to speak and he couldn't help but hang on the words about fate and destiny. His icy blue eyes moved up to Delphina once more at the thought... was this life not how they were supposed to be? There was no way! They were best friends! Sure sometimes he felt like they were just friends that felt like it had to be more but it wasn't like he didn't like his life. As he stared blankly at her and the voice stopped he was suddenly hit with the vision of a pink haired mermaid in a hot spring. He shook his head and looked around the room at the others, nothing struck him until his eyes landed on Nora and he inhaled slightly at a pain in his chest.

Delphina didn't give him time for a decision, she made it for him and suddenly they were running. His hand was intertwined with hers all the way to the frat house where they would supposedly be safe. Once inside though he didn't let go of her hand, if anything he held it tighter and pulled her over to face him gently, "Hey you okay?" He whispered before giving her a sly smile of his and looking around at the others.

"I mean we can't stay here forever right? Even if this is some weird alternate reality... it's still reality right? People will notice we're missing. I'm a captain, if I miss practice there will be hell to pay. Plus like... I doubt there's any food here beyond some moldy ass cans circa 2004."

Viola

A chill ran down Viola's back as the world turned gray and the voice began... at first she thought she was finally losing it thanks to all the stress but when Marisol spoke to her she snapped out of the thought. "What?" Viola reached up and pulled the pin from her hair, the wing shaped metal glowing a bright blue just as a bunch of other accessories were around the room. This all should have made her feel insane but honestly it felt like it made sense in her heart and her current life was actually more confusing.

"Right." Viola stated sternly and simply as Marisol yanked her out of the auditorium and the two of them went running. "Marisol slow down!" She understood the urgency but she wasn't ever a fast runner.

Finally they made it and Marisol finally let go her iron grip, "Hell woman I'm surprised you didn't draw blood!" She almost let out a curt laugh as she rubbed at the mark on her arm and finally looked around the place and at everyone. The living room was dusty but nothing some shaking and a fan wouldn't make livable... The image of everyone though was making something in the back of her head wonder and suddenly it was like she was in a different room. All the same people... at least they looked the same. But everyone was sitting around a different living room, knitting of all things, strange. Then suddenly she was back in the frat house and falling to her ass from the vertigo that the sudden thought gave her.

"Man what in the hell." Viola placed her head in her hands, "So we all heard the voice, are we all having weird visions? Like seeing everyone here knitting?"

Raven

As the world turned gray and few people around him remained moving with glowing blue artifacts Raven couldn’t help but instantly take the situation in a studious sense. It was ingrained in his brain to be curious he supposed. As he looked around the room it was like looking at the drawings in his textbooks... serpents, fairies, a kitsune and a mermaid.... Ravens eyes stopped and lingered on Delphina for a moment. A flash of a memory of them sitting over a book together hitting his brain like a sledgehammer before suddenly he was back and the only one in the room.

It appears everyone chose to trust this ominous voice and honestly... Raven did too. He made his way out of the auditorium and everything resumed, he began quickly moving to catch up with the others.

Raven entered the frat house just as Viola was falling and mentioning the memories. “I had one too, I understand how you could fall... they’re pretty jarring.” HE swallowed hard and closed the door behind him, turning the lock after taking count of everyone in the room. “I think we should take stock of what everyone is thinking...”

Nora

This all felt so strange yet so familiar. Like the random voice that appeared through all of their head? They should have been more scared than they were. Everyone was in the living room talking and Nora was looking over everyone like she was seeing their true forms, even if it was just for a second. She stopped and stared at Yuu for a moment. Honestly she didn't think the two of them have ever exchanged words before but, for some reason, she felt like a overwhelming sense of love in her chest for him. She remembered petting his ears. It was like their reality had snapped. Their reality was false? That made sense the more she thought about it. This morning felt wrong. So was their whole time on earth, their whole lives they thought they led, was that a lie?

"We all had a past life together, right? We were all different though. Some of us were even dating. At least that's what I'm remembering. I have no clue what that voice did to my head." Nora was usually a very rational person so this break in her reality was mind numbing. "I'll order us some pizzas."

---

As time went by she recovered more and more of her memory. They came up with a secondary plan, meet at Delphina's lake house if anything happened. Each of them saved the address to the house on the private lake. Then they ordered several pizzas, breadsticks and pop to tide them through the night if necessary. As the night progress she accepted the fact that their reality did snap. All her memories flooded back in. They had all shared past lives, they were all friends and lived together. At least, that was the conclusion they came to. Delphina was a mermaid, Viola was a fairy, Everest and Castor were sea serpents, Raven was a raven, and Yuu was a fox. Apparently Marisol and Nora were still humans.

Nora didn't say anything about her feelings she had for Yuu. That was a past life, it didn't matter anymore. At least, that's what she tried to tell herself. It didn't stop the hurt her chest felt. He was with Delphina, and if the voice put them together who was Nora to argue? Besides, Nora had a boyfriend back at the dorms. She'd just have to try and ignore those feelings.

They found blankets and pillows for everyone in a box shoved in one of the closets. There were no beds but there were a few old couches throughout the frat house. It was pretty late, 2 in the morning to be exact, and Nora couldn't sleep. She got up from her spot near the fireplace in the living room and walked to the kitchen. Nora slid on the counter and picked up a piece of pizza as she scrolled through her texts. How was she supposed to respond to her boyfriend? Nothing has changed between the two of them...only it had changed. All these strange feelings and emotions about people who she haven't really ever spoken to.

For now she'd eat pizza and ignore his text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back