• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey : Wrath of the North IC 2020

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
=====================================================================================
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Principle Journey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
=====================================================================================

planets-in-the-sky.jpg
" Welcome to the World of Elegos.

Your arrival here is a blessing to all life in this world.
May the winds of fortune smile upon you, and grant your life with peace and prosperity.

And may you, the one holding this life warm the Universe with your good deeds."

- Hadiyah, the Guide to Righteousness Peacekeeper.
Glad Tidings to the Newborn

============================================
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
============================================

When the world was still young, angels and demons fought for control over it.
These spirit forces did battle on the plains of existence ravaging the land they coveted greatly.
The mortals of Elegos caught in between this great war,
were powerless to defend themselves, much less the home given to them by the Universe.

Celestial years passed by with no end in sight for the abuse of the world and its inhabitants.
All life feared the planets imminent destruction.

Before an irreparable wrong could be accomplished to the planet,
Elegos herself used her life-force and empowered 10 mortals,

individuals who were to represent all life on Elegos,
to take part in this great war and end it once and for all time.

The 10 mortals, from then onward known as the Arbitrators of the Elements,
gathered together and united their powers completely wiping out all spirit forces that waged this terrible battle.

Soon thereafter Elegos appointed 2 individuals known as the Celestial Guardians,
and tasked them to watch over the 2 gates that connected the spirit realm to the physical planes.

Since then eons have passed.
The tale of the Great War and the legend of the Arbitrators are now passed on to children as bedtime stories.
Parents regale this story to them so that they may come to appreciate how precious life really is.
However it now seems legend will become reality.

It is the year 997 C.Y.A.D.,
and unbeknownst to most life on Elegos,
the stories of the past are about to relive their glory with the blood of innocents.

Nearly 1000 years previous, unknown forces brought about the ruination of Eden and She'ol,
the Celestial Guardians tasked with forever protecting the gates of the spirit realm.

The end would have come about much sooner,
if not for the fact that the Guardians sealed the gate with their life-force.

However the seal was measured to only last 1000 years.
Because of these events, those of us with the knowledge of this ominous certain future,
delve into the research of finding a way to prevent another Great War to wreak havoc upon our world.
This information must be kept secret. In the wrong hands it could lead to disaster.

- Excerpt of Legends
by Merediah Keeper of the Holyland

Last edited:
Book 1Chapter 2
Verse 1

two-moons-fantasy-wallpaper-1920x1200-1907.jpg

Title: Overshadowed Cause
Location: Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress Docks
Date:
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 1 pm

" Progress is impossible if we lose sight of our goals. "
- Lord Jacques Bernier Borel, 1st Director of A.S.A.R.M
500 C.Y.A.D.

After Milestone was rebuilt, it did not take long for Commander Genzah to get back on his feet. His recovery was remarkable not for its speed but the sheer devastation that was caused to his body. Soon after, things went back to normal. The Norhad Swords were once again, running protection requests, monster hunting and the more serious changing of the guard at different strategic locations throughout the Kingdom. Antarah was weary of the mundane everyday work which only slowly helped in his efforts to end the war. Perhaps it was the Bureaucrats way of keeping him from interfering. However what they did not realize, was that Antarah already foresaw this would happen. In order to persist in his investigation in ending the war, he setup a small rogue group that kept a low profile, but was on the frontier of the wars events. This group was led by Field Captain Seles Klarth.

Apart from Belluam, Seles was his longest serving officer in the organization. The Vice commander Belluam would be the only person who knows her in the Fortress today. That is because, shortly after entering the guild, Antarah confided in her about his suspicions that he was being tested as to his trustworthiness as a leader, and that he needed someone who was completely devoted to ending the war. Someone who shared his ideals and principles. He found that person in her. In truth, today she would have made Vice Commander by now, but chose to remain on the front lines. Although her work is done in the shadows away from high praise and glory, she is contented to this kind of life.

Therefore, Antarah gave her a scout ship and the authority to lead missions of interest in the War near or in the contested lands. For the past few years she has been gathering intelligence and performing secretive actions to ensure the safety of the free lands. She had secretly returned and took up residence in the solitary tower of Antarah's study, after she had dispersed her current group. Naturally, after some rest, she would set out to resume her mission, but she needed a new crew to which Antarah was only too happy to provide a list of names.

seles klarth3.jpg
Field Captain Seles Klarth
Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 2 pm

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

Character Combat Actions: ??/??

Antarah made his way to his private study, a solitary building found on a small island on the lake. No one was supposed to enter the edifice without him, and very few people ever went there. However today was special. Antarah sensed a guest was awaiting him in the tower. Only one person could have opened the special sealed door that led inside, that is aside from using an immense power to destroy it. He entered a private room and found Field Captain Seles Klarth seated pouring a cup of tea for him as if expecting his arrival. With that cup of tea, she presented a folder full of reports. He said nothing and sat down, she only stared and drank her tea. The Commander scrutinized the hand written reports without them ever exchanging words. Even with his calm demeanor, the length of time Seles has known the Commander enabled her to see the emotion underneath.

" You knew about the Morgogs, why did you not warn us? "

" It would have compromised me. "

" Your foreknowledge would have saved the lives of many innocents."

" The information was not absolute. "

" What about this Traitor, what proof is there?

" Inside sources, report discrepancies..."

" Sounds like Paranoia Captain."

" Look at what happened when you became overconfident, Commander."

" Damnit Seles. " He turned his back to face the window.
Her attitude struck a nerve with the commander. " Your work is invaluable but the cost keeps rising with you."

" Send me back with a team, There is so much more than just Adanaque and Lanark."
she requested. What do we do about the Lieutenant?"

" .... She has been recalled back to the Capital. A fleet of Union ships has been spotted near the continent. Your team will be at the docks just after midday."

"Thank you. If there is nothing else, I shall leave."

Antarah sat there a moment, but intervened as she opened the door. " Wait!" she turned her head so her ear would be listening. " This is the last time Seles. The path you are taking is dangerous. It is no better than that of your enemies." he remarked with a cautionary sounding voice. She nodded and then quietly closed the door behind her. Seles came down the tower and spoke to several other Captains regarding troop recommendations. About an hour of so of deliberation, she requested specific people from her fellow officers to assemble themselves and essential gear only. They were to report to the docks near the Argyle Ranger, one of three scout ships gifted to the organization by the Royal family of Welwyn for services rendered to the Kingdom.

TAG:

Merin Twostone stomped onto the docks with his bags and plopped them in front of the Argyle Ranger.

He whistled through his teeth.

"That's a pretty ship, that is." He didn't see anyone on board, however, so he sat down heavily on his bag and waited. He liked to be early. Sitting and waiting didn't bother Merin in the least. Being late left such a bad impression, and you missed all the goings on! He took out his pipe and pushed tobacco into the bowl, before striking a match and lighting it.

He puffed contentedly on the pipe. Human tabacco wasn't quite on par with the stuff he grew up with, but it wasn't bad either.

He people watched as he waited, and was amused to find he was being watched as well. He gave everyone a smile from behind his pipe and an airy wave. He didn't blame them for staring. He'd been getting side eye ever since he came to the surface. He supposed Dwarves weren't common out here amongst the humans.

The crowds of people worked like it was just another day, as it was just another day. They loaded bags of grains and fruits and fishes from the boats, and nets and salted meats onto the boats. Occasionally, a ship would finally declare its departure and sail off into the horizon, leaving behind the world it knew into the blue beyond. Even with every departure, the crowd of people was never finished, and never satisfied. There was always more ships to be filled and unloaded, and more things to carry back to the town just a short ways away.

From within the crowd came a human who looked like any other. He was delivered a letter with a personal invitation to meet at the Argyle Ranger, some ship he guessed he had been transferred to. When he had received the letter, he had a heated argument with his Captain for transferring him without his consent or without a clear reason, but that sort of information is not for the lowly conscripts. He had appreciated the lazy life patrolling a cobbled trade path. Sure, occasionally there was trouble, but he found that the immediate access to nature was worth it. Now, if his suspicions were correct, he was to be serving on a vessel: miles away from landfall. This was pitiful.

Dodere approached the Dwarf, who was also clearly waiting in front of the ship. He dropped his bag into the wooden pier. "You here for the Argyle?" He then realized he didn't know where the Argyle actually was, and was just anxious to talk to someone. He had approached the first person he saw waiting, how embarrassing. "...Nevermind, do you know where a ship called the Argyle Ranger is?"

Merin looked up to grin at the human. The first one that had actually spoken to him without him initiating the conversation.

"There she is." He said, pointing his pipe at the nearest ship. "Lest I'm sorely mistaken. That could certainly be, of course, but then how to explain the lettering on the side of the ship?" Merin laughed and pushed himself to his feet, sticking out a wide hand. "Merin Twostone. I am indeed looking for the Argyle Ranger, which makes us shipmates, I'm pleased to say! Wonderful to make your acquaintance."

Dodere is hesitant to take the dwarf's hand, but eventually decides to meet his friendly gesture with his own. He shakes hands with the dwarf. "Dodere Omarata, the pleasure is mine," he replied acknowledgingly. His glance shifts from the stout dwarf towards the ship before him. "So this is it," he comments, reading the name Argyle Ranger plastered in red paint on the side of the ship's hull. Sure as rain, this is it. What a humbling vessel it is too.

He turned back to the man, and eyed his pipe. Although the smell irritated his nose, he was used to the smell and the burn of tobacco, and didn't judge the dwarf for it. "Well, Twostone, you haven't been waiting too long, yeah? I don't recon it to be a swell time sitting on your hands waiting for the arrivals."
(gonna have to skaddle for tonight, ping me next post so I remember about this)

Dodere is hesitant to take the dwarf's hand, but eventually decides to meet his friendly gesture with his own. He shakes hands with the dwarf. "Dodere Omarata, the pleasure is mine," he replied acknowledgingly. His glance shifts from the stout dwarf towards the ship before him. "So this is it," he comments, reading the name Argyle Ranger plastered in red paint on the side of the ship's hull. Sure as rain, this is it. What a humbling vessel it is too.

He turned back to the man, and eyed his pipe. Although the smell irritated his nose, he was used to the smell and the burn of tobacco, and didn't judge the dwarf for it. "Well, Twostone, you haven't been waiting too long, yeah? I don't recon it to be a swell time sitting on your hands waiting for the arrivals."
(gonna have to skaddle for tonight, ping me next post so I remember about this)
"Waiting doesn't bother me much. You sit on your lonesome with a nice pipe and a couple of interesting thoughts to mull over and you have yourself a pleasant hour or two. Especially on a nice day like this. I lived underground most of my life. The sky was pretty terrifying at first, but I'm getting used to it. It's quite pretty." He laughed, "I expect I'd better get used to fast or I'll have a tough time on the Argyle!" He took a drag from his pipe, and then turned his head away and let the smoke trickle out of his mouth. "How about you? What do you do to pass the time? Seems were the only ones here.
(Ok, good night!)
oldbadname oldbadname

seles klarth3.jpg

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

" You're not here by your lonesome anymore Mr. Twostone. " Seles exclaimed as she and the airship crew arrived on station. Merin Twostone was an easy person to identify around the Fortress. He was one of only a handful of non-humans serving the Norhad Swords. " Captain, I'd like to get underway in next half hour please. Or just as soon as we get the remaining Unit members." she directed to the ships Captain and her crew. She turned her attention to the young man with Merin, Dodere Omarata. Seles had some time to review the personnel files are read up on some mission reports regarding the team she would be taking along on this and future missions. " You are Dodere I presume. "

" I am Seles Klarth. I will be your commanding officer for this newly assembled Field Unit. You will notice in your transfer letter that the Unit is comprised of 1 Field Captain and 7 Adventurers. Study those names well. You will be depending on each other for the remainder of this Assignment. "
she told them. Seles took out a few files and handed them to both Merin and Dodere. " These are the details for the mission, please read them over. As soon as the other members arrive, please hand them the other copies. " Seles noticed the crew were opening up the Cargo Bay area. " If anyone has experience with Airship Takeoff Operations you may assist the crew, otherwise we got some supplies and ammunition that need to be loaded into the cargo bay. If you got any questions on anything don't hesitate to ask. "

Mission File:

Request from the Kingdom Affairs Office of Welwyn City
Eclasen 17th 997 C.Y.A.D.

Investigation into Missing Persons

A mayor in a remote hamlet near the Kensington Coast has formally requested aid from the Kingdom regarding the disappearance of several townsfolk in recent days. First case of disappearance occured Eclasen 10th. Since then 2 more had occurred. Victims in order of disappearance are John Donnelly 67/ Lester Conno 38/ Roseanne Holt 26. Mission parameters include a detailed investigation into the matter and any possible resolution.

TAG: oldbadname oldbadname // Fred Colon Fred Colon

"Aye, aye, captain!" Merin said happily, looking down at the briefing. "Sounds like a plan. But if you don't mind me asking, I've not got any experience with airships, but ive got a head for technical things and such. Do you think I could lurk a little and see if I can't pick anything up from these sky sailors? If not that's quite alright. I've a strong back and am perfectly useful as a mule!" He grins, putting out his pipe and stowing it.

Ella da Braza
Norhad Swords Headquarters

"Perhaps if I had headed south, I would have had a more luck with money... Maybe just leaving the kingdom would have worked. I hear Welwin is nice..." Ella was supposed to be meeting with the crew of a ship called 'Argyle Ranger'. And even though she was in the right place, there was no ship to be seen around. Except one far back, where she just walked past. She would have definitely noticed it. Or would she?

"Drats... not again..." She had almost gotten used to be so lost in though that she becomes unaware to her surroundings. Almost. She began running towards the ship, hoping she wasn't late. This was a one in a lifetime opportunity, one that she couldn't afford to lose. If she really wanted to become a powerful mage, this was her best shot at it. Traveling on the Argyle would give her the best chances of learning and enhancing her magic, and maybe a a chance to see mystical places... She just couldn't be late for it.

After finally getting close to the ship, and after almost running out of breath, she read the name on the Ship on it's side. Close to it, a small group people were chatting. A Dwarf, a woman an a man. She missed their conversation, but could guess their roles based of their attires, and overall appearance in general. The woman was definitely someone in charge, perhaps a captain. Compared to the other fellows, she wore fancier, more expensive clothing, and had a more serious expression than the others.

The man... or better, the boy, had a more naive look to him. He had working hands, and a friendly expression. He was definitely not a captain, so it's more likely that he was a recruit. The Dwarf, for the simple reason of being a dwarf, was not a candidate to being in charge. Dwarf's could in theory have their own armies should they be qualified for it, but it was less likely than a human. Still, he had a friendly look over his face, one that reminded her of the Wizard that began her journey through the world of magic.

After recomposing herself, Ella realized she might have stared at them for a bit too long. She made sure that she didn't look too bad, tied up loose ends of her bandages, made sure her clothes weren't dusty, and approached the group. She began talking to woman first, since she thought the woman was the captain. "Hm, Greetings! My name is Ella da Braza, I was supposed to meet with the rest of the crew of the Argyle Ranger here. I supposed you are the captain, correct?"
Tagged: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser , the rest of the group.

Phera frowned walking through the streets of the Norhad Swords Headquarters towards the docks. It was an impressive compound, gleaning from what she assumed from the recent repairs and refurbishments she had heard about. The even kept some nature within the compound, plenty of trees and pristine lake and fair facility for their lifestock and other animals. It was something that has surprised her as most human castles she had been to were pure stone and cut wood. Also, there were griffins in the facility. It took a lot of effort to maintain her serious composure and her path to the port. She loved griffins, hearing old stories of heroic elves riding them into battle back in the time of the great races.

Just seeing them almost helped removed her discomfort and doubt about the whole thing. The Norhad sword had approached The Council of Nine for potential recruits, and they volunteered her. Initially she was not pleased as she didnt not like mercenary's even ones with a good reputation like the Norhads, just the idea of being guided wealth. The Norhads started idealistic but she wondered how long that would last when necessity forces them to compromise the ideals and her having to do the same. There was also the fact she was stuck in human lands now. She never felt comfortable in human lands, sure she visited each kingdom for her various duties but her home was always the colony. Not this was home and the colony was the place to visit on occasion. it didn't fell right. However, the council has their reason to send her, and she knew her duty but also joining allowed her to see to something personal.

Soon she reached the port and show a group gathered around one of the docked airship, there was even a dwarf amongst them. She never met one before though she had heard of them. "Phera Pentacost reporting for duty." She said drily.

"Ha! It's looking like everyone's coming together. Good! We seem like a solid bunch of folk." He flashed another smile at the newcomers, the both of them scarred humans females. A very rough and tumble pair they looked, though it didn't seem as if they knew each other. Merin handed them each a portfolio, as the captain had asked. "The names Merin Twostones. I feel like I'll be saying that a lot today! Lots of new faces." He laughed, and glanced at the people he'd already introduced himself too, to make sure they knew he still wanted them to be a part of the conversation. "Hopefully you can take care of a poor dwarf out of his element. I just finished my training so I'm a lovely raw recruit!"

Last edited:
Octavian
The... keep? Castle thing.
Time: ?:???

The light, it burns.

Who made the damn sun anyways, he'll find the bastard and tan his gods damned hide.

Octavian had returned to the mortal plane of exsistance in a dimmly lit back alley, as much as there could be one in this keep. Last night he had attempted a challenge involving alot of drinks and a cool new... substance... One of the newer faces brought in, a mushroom if he remembered? Remembering things hurt his brain, the abyss of nothingness was much more cool and calm. His basest of instinctual brains took over, appreaciating the chance to embrace nothing.

The sweet non painful nothingness.

Like a lizard sunning it'self on a rock, Octavian laid there, propped up on a barrel of long forgotten usage and contents. His contenance could be almost described as sage-like, a pure unblemished state of untampered calm and collection. No, not collected, it is as if he had simply let it all go, nothing in his hands, nothing on his back forcing him down, nothing in his head urging him forwards...

No... there was something...

Something about argyle? Firstly, it was a textile thing, it looked... Okay? It was kinda like tartan if it was diamonds and had less strong lines. Didn't some villages use tartan to signify what place or family they were from? Guess it was easier to bring around then a banner... Colors and stripes. Green, red, blue, black, yellow orange, purple... He.. could see the rest of the colors... But... He couldn't name them...

Something about argyle... Something silly... Ah...

Ah yes...

Who would name a ship after a textile formation?

Seems rather silly....

Oh shit hes gotta go.

The man shot out from the abyss of nothingness and contemplation, jolting open his eyes and instantly regretting it as his alley was facing the sun now.

The horrible demanding sun, one day he will slay you for your painful rays.

Ignoring the words in his brain kinda giving words to a possible sunny retort, his body creaked in defiance as he stood up on his own two feet. Straighten his shirt, fix his hair, wipe again the drool, tighten your pants, find your spear which honestly looked like it had a worse night than you from under that pile of garbage. He frees it from its awkward morning after a one night stand with the local garbage pile and stepped out into the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still lugging half his body behind him, useing the spear as a support, he managed to get to the ranger, still wondering why it was considered argyle...

Look, people, faces, new friends? Nope ice queen Seles was here... Gods damn it why did he have to be placed under her? Didn't she get folks killed?

"Heyo! You lot bound for trouble to?" His smile said friendly countenance, his breath said alcohol. "Whos ready for a fun filled adventure of learning the meaning of friendship?

Cause i'm definitly not! Haha!" Ah, his breath also said honey, mead, maybe a honey treat?

He stopped his forced laughter after a pound from his brain came up once more. "Octavian, or dog eater if thats your flavor. I stab things with a long pointy stick."

@ all in attendance.

After confirming to the Captain that he was indeed Dodere and had received his mission statement, he turned to the newer arrivals. If he really had to know everyone's names, this was going to be a problem. Dodere has a little trouble remembering new names, especially when so many are thrown at him at once. He had to get the names straight.

The captain was Captain Klarth, the woman clad in armor that put his mediocre metals to shame. He recognizes the name 'Klarth' from the letter of transference, though he remembered there was another name that he has yet to meet. Next was Twostone, the dwarf with the pipe. He isn't so familiar with dwarf culture and names as he would like, so he tries to drill that name into his head more than the rest. Twostone, Twostone, Twostone. The next was an 'Ella da Braza'. This name is also different, but this one has no clear surname. Odd. He supposed he could just use 'Braza' and wait for a correction.

The next arrivals were Pentacost, who seemed respectable enough, not much else to say. And... then there is the drunkard. Dodere is no prude when it comes to booze, but he still gave himself one night without it so that he wouldn't become exactly what this 'Octavian' is right now. There is a certain magic to first impressions that even Dodere understands. How was Dodere supposed to rely on this slurring, stumbling man? Sure, he probably isn't normally that bad, but who can blame Dodere for having a bad opinion of him? Although it's also possible that this man was just a random drunkard, and not actually part of the mission. The farmer secretly wished that.

Still, he had to answer the man. "Oh... um... Octavian, is it? We are waiting for a those who received a letter for the Argyle Ranger. I am guessing you didn't receive one. Do you need me to take you back home?" He preferred if the drunk would just stumble off so that he could get to work. The ship won't load itself.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Somewhere in the Norhad Swords Headquarters, a man sat at table. He pulled his head away to reveal bags under his hazel eyes, right eye being clouded from battle. It was Brynjar and he could not get a full night's sleep. That wasn't an uncommon occurrence for him, every second or third day he could not sleep properly... Ever since that night four years ago. It seems though that he had passed out on the table while propping himself up, a small solace allowing him to briefly rest. The man was already suited up in his battle-worn armor because he knew there was an assignment for him today, a boat by the name of Argyle Ranger. He has experience with sailing, not enough to call him a sailor but since he lived in Kensington Coast, he knew enough to get by if needed.

Getting up from the chair was a mistake, his body ached from his uncomfortable position. A good stretch relieves some of the aches although some bad ones persist. His sword and shield were up against the wooden legs of the table while his horned helmet stared at him from the edge of said table. Brynjar picked up his shield then strapped it to his back while he sheathed his sword on his left side. He grabbed his helmet by a horn then departed for the docks. It didn't take him long but once he reached the docks, he wanted to release a yawn, badly yet discipline told him otherwise.

There was a lot of people there, some recruits with a veteran or two thrown in there, not counting himself. Even a dwarf, an unusual sight. "This is a merry bunch." He said cheerfully or at least as much cheer as a tired person could muster. "The name's Brynjar Nyborg or Kyrre if you prefer." He spoke to the gathered group.

@ Everyone

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

" I'm sorry Mr. Twostone we're short on time, we should get underway as quick as possible." she informed the Dwarf. " If you really are interested in Airships, you might want to apply to either an airship crew or a Maintenance crew. They get all the time in the world with an airship. " As soon as she was done explaining the ways of airships to Merin Twostone, she noticed that the remaining members of the team were arriving one by one. The first to arrive was the other female team members, Ella da Braza and Phera Pentacos and Kirva Ashmund who when she came up to the vessel inquired about Seles. " That's correct Ella. Phera, Ella Welcome to your new Field Unit. Please load your belongings into the ship and then report to the Main deck for launch with the others. " she ordered. Seles liked to be less formal with female members of the forces considering there were not as many. Certainly the Milestone Fortress town had the families of mercenaries nearby and therefore the female population was slightly more than the males, however the actual combat and adventurer force was about only one/third. Fortunately for her, she was able to transfer 3 female members to the crew.

Seles made sure to notify all members to meet on the Main deck, which is the open area of the ship, for launch and mission briefing. The Argyle Ranger crew reported the Airship ready for launch. Not a moment later did the final members Octavian, Brynar Nyborg and arrived as the earlier ones were finishing loading up the cargo bay. She gave the Captain the signal and the crew initialized the flight systems. In the engine room the Levistone began to glow and its particles flooded the Dispersal Channels that stretched to each deck and along the core and outer shell of the vessel. The Argyle Ranger lifted itself out of the water and into the air as the aircrew loosened the ropes holding down the elemental sails. Slowly they parted ways with the Milestone Fortress.

TAG: Fred Colon Fred Colon Orikanyo Orikanyo oldbadname oldbadname Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Reinhardt Reinhardt

The loading wasn't difficult. Merin was used to lugging heavy weights around. His 'tool kit' was heavier than most of these boxes.
But then again he had the advantage of good dwarven physique. Low to the ground, centered, stocky and tough. Sometimes he wondered how humans didn't break in half, tall and lanky as they were.

Finished with his work, he stomped up the main deck to see the ship depart. As it pulled away from the Milestone Fortress he felt his stomach drop and his heart flutter. The lights coalescing around the ships elemental sails reminded him of a cave, really a giant geode, that he had found in one of his outings with his old team. Gudrid had lit a lamp and the crystals flooded the room with a cool blue light, sparkling like stars.

Stars. That's what they had compared them to. But now that he had seen the stars, he knew the anology was wrong. The cave had looked like these sails, elemental and beautiful and more present than the stars could ever be.

He felt a pang of sadness. Gudrid had never seen the stars, only heard about them.

He leaned forwards, looking down at the bright water. They were barely off the ground and this was the highest he had ever been! He laughed aloud, fighting a weakness in his legs.
"Dwarves weren't meant to fly!" He said to anyone who could hear. He knew no one would care but him, yet he still wanted to share this terrified, elated, awe struck feeling. "Yet here I am, doing just that! Lovely!" He shook his head. "Lovely!" Was all he could say.

Last edited:
Kirva
ABOARD THE ARGYLE RANGER

It was masked before during the cargo loading, but once the ship was up in the air, an apparent disturbance could be heard coming from one of the sections in the living quarters.

At first, it was just indistinct chatter accompanied by occasionally loud cheers and laughter.
Then, it turned to loud and intelligible shouting.
Eventually, it escalated into a number of thuds, grunts and groans.

Until a loud crash signaled a broken, wooden door flying out from the quarters into the decks - shortly followed by what appears to be a crewman getting launched from the same place, who then came crashing down to the hard wooden floor of the deck. A rather noticeable bruise on his face, along with several grazes and small bruises scattered on his upper torso.

As he laid on the floor, groaning in pain whilst looking up in the sky, a loud voice came ringing from the same origin of the door and he.

"I'm not yet done, you damn trickster!"

It didn't take another second for the source of such a voice to come bursting out from the same place - a red-haired girl with a rather vexed expression clearly laid out on her face. Immediately, as she came into the light, she charged at the man, who tried his best to crawl and run, only to be inevitable pinned down.

"Wait. I can explai-", the man pleaded, but was not heard. "O-or we can just share the winnings!"

"Royal flush, my ass." The woman raised her free arm, her hand clutched into a fist. And without hesitation, this very fist soundly crashed onto the man's face, knocking him out in an instant.

With that done, she stood up and patted herself of whatever stain could be dusted away. And then her gaze eventually came unto the sight of unfamiliar faces gathered on the ship's deck.

Still patting away, she hesitatingly waved with one hand.

"Uh...hello there!"

What a start.

Ella da Braza
The Argyle Ranger Airship

Well, this was a first for Ella. She'd been in ships before, she was part of a family of traders after all. But she'd never been in one that flies... This caught her off-guard, and for a second she thought they were under attack by some sea monster. Nevertheless, it was just the ship taking off. Looking around she seemed to be one of the few that were oblivious to the fact the ship could fly. Perhaps she should have read the fine print...

Anyways, she was happy that it her journey had begun. Well, officially at least. She'd been going around finding jobs and such, but she barely learned anything in that time. She was glad that everyone seemed to be very friendly, including the captain. She began recollecting her thoughts on the other members that appeared after her.

First, Phera Pentacost. The name wasn't strange to her, Ella surely heard it somewhere before, but couldn't remember where. Something about her was oddly unsettling. Maybe the large scars gave her a more intimidating aura. Maybe it was the way she spoke. If it were the scars, Ella wondered if she also had a similar intimidation factor. Although, her scars were very tame compared to Phera's.

Next, Octavian... how did he get this job? He was in rough shape, and not one where he had a large fight and was still recovering from his injuries, no. It was the rough shape of someone that had just slept in thrash... in fact, he had a faint, lingering smell of it still on him, further supporting her theory. Well, at least he had a good sense of humor, and that's always appreciated,

Then we have Kyrre. If he was here when Ella arrived, she'd think he could be the leader. He was also someone who's been scarred, but his were on a whole new level compared to her's or Phera's, to the point he had a blind eye. He was definitely a warrior, and didn't see afraid to actually show it. It was someone to keep in mind in case they get in trouble. Her magic can only get them so far.

This seemed to be it. After getting the rest of her belongings sorted and stored in the ship, she went to the ship's deck to appreciate the scene. She'd never even dreamed of being so high up, and neither did Twostone by his exclamation. It was kind of wholesome to see someone so happy...

Her thoughts were disturbed by loud noise and a door being broken. A man was launched from it, quickly followed by a red-haired girl that proceeded to quickly knocking the man out with a single blow.

"Was she with us before? I don't remember seeing her anywhere. And she just knocked that guy out! Ok, ok. Focus. No one in the crew would just do that for no reason, she was probably provoked in some way. But still, she is dangerous! She could be a thief or an assassin. She needs to be dealt with, or it probably won't end well for us!

Ella pulled grabbed her staff and held towards the intruder. She was shaking, she'd never pointed it towards another person, not seriously anyways. She mustered some bits of courage, and said "S-stop right there! I-i-i won't hesitate to strike!" It was obviously a lie. Ella could barely keep her staff straight, let alone actually use magic. Yet, she thought she was doing what would give them the better outcome. Maybe someone who could deal with the situation better than her could take over before things got messy.
Tag: Reinhardt Reinhardt

Merin's reverie was interrupted by a smash. He whirled around to spot a red haired woman burst through a door punch one of the crew out, a man who had been lifting boxes with Merin, though he couldn't recall having gotten his name.

Ella, one of the tough looking women from before, was already standing in front of the red haired assailant, her staff at the ready.

Merin immediately stomped over and waved his hands over his head.

"Hey, folks! Why don't we take a few steps back from one another!" He smiled at the red haired woman and then looked meaningfully at the man she had hit. "I can't imagine captains going to be too happy about this. Back home a fight was a bad omen before a journey."

Merin laughed.

"Although maybe it was less a mystical omen and more a sign two people who didn't get along were about to spend an extended period of time with each other just after making some bad blood with a fight." Merin kept talking, even though he knew he was rambling and sounded a bit of the fool. But he knew sometimes a laugh could defuse a fight before it started. "Do you know what my grandma's reccomendations was, when two people fought?" He only gave a moment's pause before continuing. "It was to make the two people sleep in the same room that night! That way they'd either make up or kill each other! Either way problem solved, eh?" He smiled broadly, hoping at least somebody laughed or he'd look like a right moron.

"A wise old woman, was my grandmama, but a bit of a trickster, too." He confided to Ella. "She liked to see people squirm a bit, especially when they made trouble."

Brynjar "Kyrre" Nyborg
Even though Brynjar arrived late, he still tried to help out with loading the airship. Loading cargo was always an arse but a necessary task, he mused. Although, he really should've warmed up before lifting then carrying heavy crates, first his 'morning' aches now his arms and knees were screaming at him for not limbering up. He admired that dwarf's strength, it was good to have people with some strength in them during the assignment. The process went smoothly with everyone working together, hell his arms and knees stopped hurting too which was a plus.

When the airship began its' ascent into the skies, Brynjar stood atop the deck to take in the scenic view and the fresh air."Never gonna get tired of this." While he would like to remain, he needed to unpack his belongings. On his way to the living quarters where he was assigned, a peculiar section of the living quarters was being very loud almost like people were cursing or arguing. Brynjar didn't give care about that, it was probably just some disagreements amongst the crew which will sort itself out.

During his unpacking, the electric warrior started thinking about his fellow crew. He wasn't there when he had gotten their names, thankfully a deckhand had informed him about them.Remembering their names wasn't tough, he had a good memory. Even if they're newcomers to Norhad Swords, they seemed formidable. Before Brynjar could recall their names, a crashing sound startled him. He hurriedly walked to the source of the disturbance albeit without his trusted blade and board.

He had arrived just in time to see a man knocked out by a redheaded woman. He's had experience with short-fuses in his life, his old self for example or... No, no, don't think about them. Brynjar shook his head, let's just settle this.

Ella, that short caster was the first to confront the crimson haired chick, brave little girl because at that range she would've gotten punted whether she could fire off a spell or not. Then Merin said the stupidest yet funniest thing Brynjar heard all day. He couldn't help but chuckle as he approached from behind."Your grandma was certainly wise, Merin." He placed his hand on the redhaired woman's shoulder."Won't be necessary, I think." He shot a smile at everyone present.

Fred Colon Fred Colon Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Reinhardt Reinhardt

Octavian

Aboard the damn airship.

"Need to take me back home...? What is that kid a civil servant?" The man regarded the, "good deed" more or less with annoyance and a miserable smirk. The spinning had stopped for a time, he was standing straight now, kinda, straight enough on an airship anyways. He still says the name of it was stupid, he didn't see any argyle on it.

At least his suspicisions were correct, ice queen regarded him with a cold shoulder, at least the freshness was refreshing. In a cold slap to the face kinda way, man what crawled up her arse and died... Oh yea, its probably the fellahs shes lead to thwir deaths already. Yea, thats it, gods damn this headache... Of a boss, job, and litteral headache.

But despite the kids flappin about needing an invitation to go kn a joy ride to hell, he was here, he was, mostly, alive and generally was unhappy about being the next toss away to the slaughter of whatever crap Seles finds in her way... With whatever shes doing.

"Oh my lord, could this day get any worse from the get go?!" He called off the railing, echoing into the ether and scaring a couple birds. "Whos face yea gotta beat in to get a damn drink?!? My kingdom for water, my spear for a pint, my boots up yer arses if yea don't give me something to slake me thirst!

Bah...Enough bitchin and whining... Nothing comes of it save puffed up fools and bootlickers..." it appears, he is starting to come back to his senses, enough to start lighting up a smoke.

@ anyone, god damn this lad.

Dodere Omarata

Dodere did his best to load the ship. This sort of hard work is not new to him: he has been carrying bags and bricks before he could speak. That isn't saying he is some burly brute, he simply can carry his own weight around here. After a couple of minutes, with the help from the other crew, the bags and supplies are all loaded onto the airship, and they get ready to lift off.

Dodere had been dreading this moment: the moment this boat goes off into the sea. Last time he had been on a boat, he had gotten very sick from the tossing waves. There is something wrong with not being grounded, and ships are some of the most unstable ground; moving back and forth and all. He watched as the crew hoisted the sails, which seemed to have a very aesthetic look to them. It was as if the tailors were able to sew stars into the fabric, as it twinkled like no sails he had seen before. Odd.

With a declaration from the captain, they were ready to head out. He braced himself to feel the wind catch the sails and push this wooden monstrosity forward. But it didn't. It took him a minute to realize something: they were not heading forward, they were heading up.

They were moving up. As in, into the air. This is no ship, its an airship.

As Dodere peered at the ground, he watched as they had reach 10ft above the ground. Then 20ft. 30ft. With every increase in distance, it felt like an entire continent of distance was added between the ground and him. Watching the ground, he obtained a nauseating, anxious feeling, as if the shaking of the airship was just a signal that they were going to fall any moment now. He had to stop looking, and he braced himself against the railing. He hadn't been on an airship before, and he quickly realized he wished this was just a normal ship.

Soon, a blast comes from somewhere, which just made everything worse. After a short moment to catch himself, he hobbled into the crews quarters, which at least had walls, and attempted to get through this flight without going mad.

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

The ships Captain leveled off the flight after a few dozens meters off the ground was achieved. Seles departed the Captains side to check on her new formed crew and see that everyone reported to the Main deck. A quick glance and she realized they were missing a crew member out of the bunch. It was the last female member Kirva Ashmund who did not even bother to report her arrival like the others did even despite some of them being late. " Anyone seen Kirva Ashmund anywhere? " ( Reinhardt Reinhardt ) she inquired of the team. Suddenly the door crashes open with a man soon laying unconscious and the enigmatic Kirva Ashmund standing at the opening no doubt the source of whatever caused this incident. Many of the crew were quick to react to what happened, some trying to calm the situation ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian / Fred Colon Fred Colon ) like Brynjar Nyborg and Merin Twostone, while others seemed to want to escalate it from what Seles had observed the young Ella da Braza. ( Sul_Silver Sul_Silver ) though she seemed also nervous.

With some of the more mature of the crew behaving like adults she was content to allow the situation to resolve itself. However from the background buzzed the annoying melodramatics of a middle aged troublemaker, Octavian ( Orikanyo Orikanyo ) his reports were not exaggerated, in fact they seemed to be underestimated from Seles point of vue. She wondered how to deal with him and received an idea that would kill two birds with one stone. " Kirva Ashmund Stand down and report here please. " she ordered sternly. Looking at the unconscious man she ordered her team to help him out. " Mr. Twostone, Mr NO LAST NAME, please help the man into crew quarters. " she then approached Ella da Braza. " Ella I heard you know some first aid. Would you mind tending to this man?" she inquired.

TAG: Fred Colon Fred Colon Orikanyo Orikanyo oldbadname oldbadname Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Reinhardt Reinhardt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back