• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey : Wrath of the North IC 2020

"Hullo again." Merin said, "Were just sitting down and swapping stories. Getting to know one another. Kirva has been nice enough to offer us a drink, if you're interested. Some of the others have gone looking for food. The only thing left are the tents, I believe. But there's no real rush if you'd like to sit a moment."

He finished wiping his gun down, and puts it in his lap. Merin stares not at the fire, but it's light reflected in the barrel. His fingers drift over the runes carved in it's stock. He blinks, and shakes his head.

"That stump is particularly nice. It's surface is a little concave so it'll fit a butt nicely!" He said, his smile returning, pointing to a stump he had dragged into the clearing, next to the Captain.
thespacekid thespacekid

Octavian
Wherever the wind blows I suppous.

"Humanely as possible...?" It had been some time he considered mercy when it comes to trapping... Though then again what animal out there in the wood applies mercy into it's daily life. "Mercy is a thing of man, not nature. And even then it's not really often applied in our line of work..." he paused for a moment, then smiled. "But hey! That sounds like a fun challenge. Snares are for rabbits, but if yea got a lure like that we can get us a big ol buck.

Or maybe find a boar... either way, killing humanely will be a trick and a half, hell suffering is only caused if you're a shitty hunter anyways.

So come on then Mercykiller, lets get us moving." The man didn't wait to hear an answer, he was just gonna place some snares around and call it for awhile, yea know, set up an excuse of "I did something for the camp but had no luck" when none of the snares caught a bunny. But going out in the wood and huntin'? Sounds fun.

"Ya'll stay warm and cozy now!" He began to trudge through a thicket. Spear the only thing standing above it as he broke through the other side...

Guess he should pick a target, boar would be good but heavy and the hide is somewhat useless unless you want rough cheap stuff, but a buck would be best, avoid the doe for obvious reasons. He had his spear, that could do good work against most creatures, but against a smaller lighter deer would be tricky...

Though... He may just end up having to go against a moose...

Which is a bundle of trouble...

And Mercykiller wants humane killing... Something to big may just end up having to show mercy on them...

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Phera frowned at Octavians seemingly indifference and dismissal of her request. She not much cared for her nicknames either. "Its "a thing of men" not kill for pleasure and profit, that is not found in nature where it is only necessity." She retorted to him as she followed him toward the forest. If he though he could have made a quick getaway from "Dont get me wrong, i am no vegetarian or such and i like my meat and death and killing is the natural order of things. But in the end it is an innocent life, its death needs to be treated with respect and appreciation."

She waited and watched him set his snares and move through the thicket, she groaned and moved closer to the trees. She closed her took a deep intake of breath and sighed out, already feeling better from her trip. She stood there for a few seconds before noting a doe nearby, nibbling on some grass nearby. A beautiful creature and one that could prove a fair feast. She slowly approached the doe and spoke a few elven words in a soft sing song manner. At the same time she reached for her bag and took out a few leaves, she crushed them in her hand and soft herby releasing a strong herbal send. The doe seemed to notice the smell and sound and turned her head at Phera. Phera spoke a few more words and extended the hand with the leaves toward the doe. The doe seemed uncertain at first before slowly approaching.

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Field Captain Seles Klarth
Norhad Plains by the Kensington Coast
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 7 pm

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

Character Combat Actions: ??/??

Seles watched as the enigmatic Kirva brought along with her 2 bottles of fine liquor to the fire as she sat down. Normally liquor is not a staple for short away mission such as this one, and best reserved for after a mission is completed as a job well done. The young woman was to set aside one for the group and keep the other for herself. This worried the Captain quite a bit. " Kirva as long as you can perform your duties, drink to your hearts content." Seles was all too aware of the repercussions concerning alcohol on missions, however she did graciously share some with the team which was very kind. She also expected whatever resulted in Kirva's probable intoxication, it would not hold a candle to the antics of Octavian whom she chose willingly, and therefore would be able to left this slide. " Anivera please come sit. " she suggested to the new recruit. When Anivera told everyone they could be more formal to her and use her nickname Vera, Seles thought to herself and realized she might mistaken the names of Kirva and nickname Vera. Slyly she responded by saying: " Anivera is a nice name. I'd like to stick with that."

Breaking open the bottles seal she took a few cups and poured it for Merin and Anivera. The Dwarf, after answering her question, turned it towards her. " Well sir, I just believe war brings out the worst in people." she began. " I just want to see what it would bring. No war in the Northern Kingdoms. " she related to them as she sipped from her cup. She looked around and noticed everything was set in place and she could continue on without having to issue new orders. " It's funny..." she giggle. " I was content before leaving things as is. I never knew life without this mindless war. But then, the Commander shows up, a foreigner for Divine's sake. I asked myself why would anyone, from a land that knows some sort of Peace, come to a land of War? " she left a little pause as if to invite Merin, Kirva and Anivera to the conversation.

TAG: thespacekid thespacekid Fred Colon Fred Colon Reinhardt Reinhardt

Brynjar "Kyrre" Nyborg

The man smiled beneath his helmet when Ella complimented him, he wasn't the greatest at fishing despite being raised alongside a coast."Thanks, don't worry about that though, we should be fine with this and the food we have." He said as the little witch strode off downstream, likely to catch some fish on her own. Smart thinking, just far enough to where the fish won't be disturbed by either of their fishing attempts but also close enough in case one of them gets into trouble.

After Brynjar rebaited the hook, he once again threw it into the creek. While he fished, the shocking warrior also observed the little caster to the best of his eyes' ability. One clear view on one side, on the other a mess of multicolored blobs jiggling with movement. Sometimes, he wishes this damnable eye healed. Brynjar let out a disappointed grumble. A fish decided to tug at the line, cheering Brynjar up a little. He gripped the fishing rod steadily then dragged the struggling fish out of the water and onto the grassy dirt.

The grizzled warrior baited the hook again then sent it out again, his thoughts drifting away whilst being replaced by the calm serenity of the flowing stream coupled with the peaceful forest. Another fish decided to take Brynjar's bait, another fish pulled out of the creek. Three fish, nice! Brynjar thought. He was content with leaving it as is but he decided to try again. Like before bait, throw then wait.

However since Brynjar pushed his luck, the fish is smaller than the rest. Oh well, three and a half fish is still acceptable. He lifted up his shield from the ground then re-strapped it to his left arm. With his right hand, he picked up the four fish by their tails. Their slippery movement failing to escape Brynjar's steel grip. As he turned around, he noticed Ella had returned albeit clearly tired with a flame circling her."Tired and cold, huh?" An empathetic tone in his voice. He picked up the fishing rod with his left hand."Let's put these fish in the pouch and let me carry them." He suggested to the witch.

Tag: Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Merin refused the drink again with a polite, "Not tonight." But nodded, "That's a loftier goal than mine!" He said shaking his head, but smiling. "I just had nothing better to do! Now I feel bad!"
Merins stomach rumbled, and he patted it, laughing. "Ah, and such is the way with a lowborn dullard like myself, I find myself distracted from lofty subjects by my belly! I wonder when food will come. We sent out a number of capable looking hunters. I hope they arrive back any minute!" He cocked his head at the two new comers to the fire. "I can't be the only one thinking of food though, can I? I like to take meals when I can get them. Sometimes you never know when you'll have to go without. "

Last edited:
Phera frowned at Octavians seemingly indifference and dismissal of her request. She not much cared for her nicknames either. "Its "a thing of men" not kill for pleasure and profit, that is not found in nature where it is only necessity." She retorted to him as she followed him toward the forest. If he though he could have made a quick getaway from "Dont get me wrong, i am no vegetarian or such and i like my meat and death and killing is the natural order of things. But in the end it is an innocent life, its death needs to be treated with respect and appreciation."

She waited and watched him set his snares and move through the thicket, she groaned and moved closer to the trees. She closed her took a deep intake of breath and sighed out, already feeling better from her trip. She stood there for a few seconds before noting a doe nearby, nibbling on some grass nearby. A beautiful creature and one that could prove a fair feast. She slowly approached the doe and spoke a few elven words in a soft sing song manner. At the same time she reached for her bag and took out a few leaves, she crushed them in her hand and soft herby releasing a strong herbal send. The doe seemed to notice the smell and sound and turned her head at Phera. Phera spoke a few more words and extended the hand with the leaves toward the doe. The doe seemed uncertain at first before slowly approaching.
Octavian

The sight was uncanny, a normally skittish deer now just inches from this woman. Not to mention the song... It made one understand why so many fall for elves. Octavian however wasn't one of those fellahs... "mercy or not, I'm not killin a doe..." he paused to examine the creature from his hiding point. "Barely a few summers... No ticks from what I can see... A blessing and a half i'd say. Hell can take those damn things." He mumbled, his eyes on the duo and then...

Hmm...?

Oh...

Ohohoho!

Less graceful than the doe, a big fat boar entered the scene. "Now theres a proper lad." Chuffed the man as it grusseled and grumbled rudely forwards. The doe looked almost like an offended maiden, taken aback by the disruption, the boar caring much less and sniffing at the female's hand with a huffy snuffly snort.

The awkward situation only got worse as a nearby raccoon decided to figure out what that smell was... Then some birds... A couple bunnies... Oh hey a buck with a splendid array of antlers... If only it wasn't right next to a god damn gigantic moose...

Most of them were sniffling around, the raccoon and boar were more or less trying to get the bait.

The doe looked quite unhappy that it's moment was ruined.

The buck was here cause of the doe and the moose, well, nobody tells a moose where not to be.

Octavian however... Was more or less busy staring at the power of the elves...

Or at least the luck of this one.

"...Uhh... So... Don't wana ruin the moment, but..." he really wasn't certain how to end that sentence. "...Maybe the others have better luck...?"

Ella da Braza
The Campsite

"Thank you. I hope they'll be enough for everyone." Brynjar had helped a lot . With the fishing, now helping to carry the fish (which she would definitely have struggle with). She'd probably wouldn't be have been able to do it all alone. She put on the rest of her clothes, and followed Brynjar back to the camp. On the way there, she realized that swimming with bandages was not a particularly good idea. Well, first thing after getting to the camp is swapping those out.

On their arrival, Ella could see that most tents were up, and that a few people were around the campfire having a little drink and a chat. "Brynjar, could you leave the fish next to the other Kitchen supplies? I need to swap these out." she said, gesturing towards the bandages around her arms. She looked through her belongings and grabbed the spare bandages she had. It's important to never leave without these, she thought. After unwrapping her arms, she saw that the wounds were almost healed. She got them after having to camp for a week due to lack of funds, and the forest she had been in was far from being kind to her. It would probably only take another week till there were only scars left, but for now it's best to leave in bandaged to avoid unnecessary damage.

After finishing wrapping her arms, she went back to the kitchen supplies and grabbed everything that was there, moving them closer to the campfire. "Brynjar and I managed to get a few fish, hopefully it will be enough for everyone. Does anyone prefer them prepared a particular way? Not that we have many options, mind you." She said, with her wisp still encircling her. She had plans for possible uses for it that could perhaps help with the cooking.
Tag: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , everyone around the campfire.

Last edited:
seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Eclasen 21th 997 C.Y.A.D. 10 am

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

SOFT TIMESKIP

The Unit spent an uneventful but wonderful time the evening before. The groups various talents led to a very diverse meal late in the night. Captain Seles did not have to worry much about camping setup and hunting for food with this group, but she knew the real challenge would be tomorrow. Many drank into the late night. Seles was up just before the dawn looking over the maps of the area and comparing them to the information that was given to them by the Kingdom Affairs Office. Around 7 she roused any of the troops that were not yet ready so that they could walk to the town in question to hear directly from the townsfolk about the incidents.

They arrived just as some were just having breakfast. Many of the towns men were out long term fishing by the coastline, while the women were farming. The towns mayor, a typical elderly man, welcomed the intrepid adventurers to the town. Seles did not waste any time in acquiring any missing information regarding their mission. It was revealed to that another abduction was committed a day prior to their arrival totaling 4 missing individuals. Without wasting any more time, the group headed into the dense forest on the outskirts of the town where the people were said to have disappeared.

After searching for a few hours, they were all ambushed by a group of Globgruns

Engagement Scenario

• Seles HP: 6/6
    Kirva HP: 4/6
    Merin HP: 5/6
    Ella HP: 6/6
    Brynjar HP: 6/6
    Phera HP: 6/6

Globgrun A HP: 0/3 Defeated
    Globgrun B HP: 0/3 Defeated
    Globgrun C HP: 0/3 Defeated
    Globgrun D HP: 3/3

As the group explores the forest for the missing people of the local town, when they reach an area where the sunlight is unable to penetrate the thick brush, they are all ambushed by a small group of Globgruns hunting for their next meal. Perhaps they are the ones responsible for the missing people?

OOC: Hey everyone, let's try out combat.
    So we're doing DICE mechanics physical combat only, no Artes please.
    Players can control each NPC enemy Globgrun.
    I suggest either role your dice in the OOC thread then write a response to how the dice read.
    Please make sure to have separate dice post for yourself and the NPC enemy.
    Because it is ambush Globguns have ATK priority for the first post.

To streamline the combat process, all players will have these Stats for their character.

HP: 6
    SE: N/A
    CCA: 4
    ATK: 4 Dice
    DEF: 3 Dice
    EVA: 2 Dice

Fred Colon Fred Colon Reinhardt Reinhardt Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Orikanyo Orikanyo ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian thespacekid thespacekid

Last edited:
seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Eclasen 21th 997 C.Y.A.D. 10 am

Health Points 6/6

Spirit Energy N/A/N/A

Character Combat Actions: 4/4

The unsettling feeling as if being watched loomed over the Captain. She and the others were weary of something that might jump out at them in this dense bush. Suddenly a cry all to familiar to citizens of the North was heard. A small group of Globgruns charged the Unit. 2 jumped from the trees while two others charged from the bush. Seles already in battle stance countered one of the Globgruns from above her. The Globgrun had in his possession a long dagger. Certainly the item was spoils from a previous encounter. The Captains blade clashed with the monsters dagger nullifying their blows, but the Globgrun use that opportunity to jump backwards before charging again. Seles used her longer reach to strike a blow to the across the chest of the unsuspecting beast as he staggered from the hit. " Battle formation everyone! " she yelled hoping their training would lead them to follow instructions. " Leave none alive. "

OOC: DICE POST

Kirva
FOREST PATH

Contrary to the Captain's alert and swift reaction to the disturbance in the forest path, Kirva was casually strolling paying no attention to her surroundings besides making sure that she wasn't straying away from the group - after all, getting separated with them would mean that she'd most likely get reprimanded by the Captain again, and maybe get a cut on her pay. The former she can deal with, the latter is something that she must avoid at all costs - especially with the steady rise in the difficulty of landing a decent paying job.

As the Captain shouted for the group to get ready, a large-nosed runt leaped at her from the bushes. And while she was able to lift her left arm to prevent it from landing on her face, it didn't really matter - the feral creature sunk its dirty claws into her forearm, blood dripping from the wounds she received.

"Argh! Get off!", she shouted, shaking the arm that the creature was clinging onto. Unfortunately, doing so only made it tighten its grip and have its claw sink deeper into her flesh. And as she grunted in pain, her other arm clenched into a fist - an evidence of unfiltered annoyance.

Without hesitation, she punched the creature right on its forehead, making it dazed and lose its grip - falling down onto the ground with a thud. But the scent of the blood dripping from her wounded arm somehow reinvigorated the creature.

It growled at her, leaping once more. Kirva, still not learning her lesson, blocked with the same arm - which the runt latched onto and sunk its razor sharp teeth, creating a larger wound for more of her blood to gush out of. As its jaws struggled to closed and tear apart the flesh, Kirva eyes locked onto the creature's.

Painful, sure it was, but that was not Kirva's concern any longer. This rabid bastard has overstayed its welcome, and it has to leave. Permanently.

Swifter than the creature could react, Kirva grabbed it by the head and forcefully yanked it off her arm. Once no longer attached, she slammed the creature onto the ground, causing it to scream loudly in pain. As Kirva let go of it as it writhed in agony on the ground, caressing its bruised and grazed head, she did not hesitate to follow it up with a punch, seemingly carrying the force of a pure steel hammer.

One could clearly hear the loud crunch that her attack made as her fist shattered the creature's skull and made contact with the ground - blood and fleshy mush splattered on her non-wounded arm.

There was no pause. No sign of pity, nor disgust. Instead, it was a cocky and proud smile that was evident on her face.

She stepped onward, and cracked her knuckles. "Come on you little rats! You started this, no backing out now!", she shouted as she ran further into the fray.

Interaction/s: ---
Dice roll results here.

Merin's eyes widened and in one swift, smooth movement had Gudrid in his hands.

This wasn't the scenario he liked. Stupid Merin. He should have been paying attention. He was supposed to get the drop on them, not the other way around! You couldn't fire at so close range! Not effectively! Why had he even drawn his gun?

One of the globruns, with it's makeshift or looted weapon, charged Merin. Merin couldn't load and fire fast enough, so when the Globrun came close enough, Merin stuck out his arm and grabbed the Globrun's weapon by the blade, cutting himself on the hand. He could have blocked with Gudrid, but she was too precious and he'd gotten her all prettied up last night. His hand would heal, and this thing didn't have a real weapon anyway.

The Globrun looked almost confused at what Merin had done. It tried to pull away but Merins grip wouldn't break, not for a little creature like this.

"Not even worth a bullet." Merin said, his heavy booted dwarven foot lashing out. The things knee 'CRUNCHED' and it doubled over, screaming in pain. "Nor will I sully Gudrid by bashing your brains out with her." Merin said, and stepped down hard on the Savage little creatures neck. The weight of the dwarf with his full gear was too much, and another, smaller snap could be heard before the thing lay still.

True the herbs drew more attention from the local wildlife than Phera had expected but still it was nice to amongst all this wildlife. It was reminder of home, feeling with a sweet nostalgia feeling that made her regret the need to kill any of them. However, it appeared that despite all the trouble Octavian seemed to have little actual interest in hunting, something she wasnt sure whether she was relieved or annoyed at that. One thing for sure she had an extreme dislike for Octavian since. The returned to camp empty-handed and Phera remained mostly in one corner of the camp meditating and mostly keeping to herself unless a task required her skill.

The next came and than soon the group picked up more information of their assignment from a nearby town and then moved on to the nearby dense forest. Though being in a forest was always nice, she did not feel as comfortable in this forest. Something was off, a heavy foreboding feeling seemed to fill her the moment they entered. A sense that there was someone watching them. She moved to voice her feeling before they were attacked by Globruns. Foul creatures the lot of them, this was one creature she was perfectly happy to eradicate them and she was pleased to see the rest of the group handle them quite well.

It was soon her turn to join into the fry, she drew her sword but kept her distance from the fight watching the battle unfold. Her attention was drawn to Kirva calling out to more Globruns to come at her. It had the intended effect, not quite as she had intended. One of the fowl creatures ran across Kirva's flank with a spear with seemingly Kirva not noticing. Phera acted quickly rushing to the Globrun with her sword with two diagonal slashes. The creature seemed to notice her attack and jumped back away from her slashes. She cursed as she stumbled as she tried to fight against the momentum of the attack and reposition. She raised her sword defensively in front of her as she found her footing again. The Globrun jumped and let out a string of words in its illegible guttural language likely throwing insults at her.

Last edited:
Ella da Braza
vs Globurn!

Globurns... from everywhere! Coming from the treetops and the bushes, quickly surrounding the group.

Captain Seles and a few others were the first to engage with the creatures. Surprisingly enough, the Globurns seemed to have more fight in them than Ella gave them credit for. She read that they based most of their attacks on instinct, something she believed could easily fail a person. Yet, the creatures weren't going down without a fight, managing to injure the group quite a bit.

Ella's first thought was to recollect what she could recall were the weak points of Globurns... Well, they didn't really have one, but they did have a weakness for sunlight. Perhaps she could use her wisps to create a bright burn, enough to at least deter the creatures. "Ancient Wisps, serve my bequest, until thy flames..." As she began to use her ability, she noticed something quickly making it's way towards her.

One of the Globurns must have failed to attack someone, or was perhaps scared of by someone else, and as Ella was vulnerable, decided she was an easy prey. She cancelled the wisps, and tried to avoid the incoming attack. A quick roll was enough to dodge the attack, and the creature now seemed quite angered, as if it expected her to just stand there and take it.

An counter attack was not possible, as the Globurn got up and, screaming in it's unknown tongue, charged at Ella. She quickly went behind a tree which caused the creature's spear to impale it. Unable to get it out, the angered Globurn instead chose to just chase after Ella unarmed. Well, it still had sharp claws and razor like teeth, so it's never really unarmed. Ella began to run towards the rest of the group, as it would be impossible to create a spell of any form to retaliate in time. Her best chance now would be to get somebody else to kill the monster for her. "Help! Somebody! Anyone!" The creature was slowly gaining on her, as Ella began to grow tired. She definitely needed to improve her endurance later.
Ella: 6/6 --> 6/6
Globurn: 3/3 --> 3/3

Tag: @ Anyone willing to help

Last edited:
Kirva
FOREST PATH

Kirva expected more action, but with the huge difference between their group and the little runts, it was bound to end swiftly - with most of the physically adept members of the group taking care of the pesky critters. It was a bit disappointing in Kirva's perspective, but it was expected - the mission didn't sound like it was a big deal after all.

It was all going smoothly as expected, barring the few wounds they have received due to the enemies' preemptive strikes. Well it seemed like it, until someone was head screaming for help - the source being the frail one called "Ella".

Just as the other monsters were getting beaten, Kirva looked at the Captain - as they were the ones who seemed free enough to respond to the girl's cry for help. In the very brief moment that their eyes locked onto each other, the two seemed to have understood a silent message, with a nod affirming their conversation.

The Captain picked up a rusty dagger from one of the fallen creatures and swiftly, but precisely, threw it towards the one that was chasing Ella. Afterwards, she cupped her hands and waited for the next move - which Kirva gladly obliged to initiate. The reckless redhead ran towards the Captain, stepping onto her cupped hands. Using the gathered momentum, Kirva was launched into the air with the Captain's aid - soaring swiftly towards the creature behind Ella.

Within the next few seconds, the dagger pierced the creature's shoulder and slowed it down, which was quickly followed up by Kirva's high impact dropkick - making a loud cracking sound as yet another skull was crushed by the sheer force of her attack.

The creature got a scratch in before it perished, but it didn't matter, its fate was decided anyway.

Kirva landed on the ground, just a few steps behind Ella. "That was enough to make you run and scream like a helpless little kid?", she sighed.

Interaction/s: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Sul_Silver Sul_Silver
Dice roll results here.

Ella da Braza
Forest Path

"Th-Thank you, Captain. And thank you...? Kirva." Ella said, turning towards the two that saved her. She could probably have beaten the Globurn if she had managed to use Will-of-the-Wisps in time. But she was caught off guard, unexpectedly. Her first fight and she wasn't in her usual two-steps-ahead state. If anything, she was three behind. This lead to her becoming a burden to the others if anything instead of helping them out. She was a Witch, she was supposed to be dropping the big hits, or at least just helping out! And now the others think she's weak...

These thoughts were growing in her. She can handle failure, but she can't handle feeling outsmarted. And not predicting a single move by the enemy made her feel that way. Outsmarted by Globurns... on the first fight...

She would have kept going into this spiral of depression, if she hadn't noticed the blood. And a lot of it. Not only from the Globurns, but also in a few other members of the group. It was fair to assume that it was no Globurn blood that had spilled on them. Maybe she could prove that she wasn't a burden, that she could still be somewhat useful.

She walked towards Kirva, one of the people that had helped her. The wound looked nasty, as if several dull knives had stabbed her arm. "Hm, I... I'm sorry that I couldn't really help with the fight... I'm not very strong. Physically, that is." That she definitely true. Kirva could easily be three to four times stronger than Ella. "But I know a bit about first aid, so if you wish I could help treat your wounds... at least a bit. Only if you want, of course."
Tag: Reinhardt Reinhardt

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Eclasen 21th 997 C.Y.A.D. 11 am[/FONT]
Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

With Kirva's final blow the last of the Globgruns fell dead. Seles looked around to assess the damage to her Unit. She approached Kirva and Ella as they were talking and overheard Kirva's remarks regarding Ella's behavior during battle. While the Captain silently agreed with the assessment, she knew the big reason for this current outcome was due to them not being cohesive as a team. Certainly each had their strengths, and a skirmish such as this was no problem even individually. It was up to all of them to build each other up as a fighting force. This little engagement against the Globgruns provided a great insight into the habits and skills, if only a little, of the group. Seles would be able to use this to forge and hone their teamwork. Kneeling slightly to inspect the young mage, Seles said: " As long as you are okay, that is enough for now." she looked at Kirva's arm and then to Merin's injury. They were minor but she did not want to take a chance with it. " All right, let's keep going! If globgruns are here, maybe we might find their lair, and possibly something else..." she ordered.

Seles did not mention it, but the fact that Globgrun's were present in the forest meant they might be the culprits to the disappearances of the townfolk. " Damn Globgruns..." she said under her breath. It was not a scenario that was uncommon to her. As she got up she helped the young mage. " Ella, could you please heal Kirva and Merin, if we encounter more of problems ahead, it would be best if everyone was ready to battle. Thank you. " She walked over to the men to make sure they were okay, but they performed as expected. " Good job fellas, you dispatched them quickly. Merin, when you have a moment, Miss Ella can look at that hand. " she mentioned.

" Listen up, everyone! We're going to proceed with caution. I want everyone in Cross formation... Mr. Twostone, you take vanguard. We got a lair to find, and Dwarves know everything about underground lairs. " she said stereotypically. " Ella, you're center. We need to protect our healer, and back us up when we're in trouble. Kirva and I will be your wings. You take left I'll be right. Finally, Phera, you go behind Ella, keep an eye on the tree line in case we're jumped again I don't want any surprises. Mr. Brynjar, your the most heavily armored, so please keep an eye on our backside. Let's move out."

Reinhardt Reinhardt Fred Colon Fred Colon Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Merin wrapped a bandage around his hand and smiled at Ella.

"We can look at this in a bit! I'm alright for now. Just sour they got the drop on us and not the other way around! If there are more, I'd like to return the favor." He said, and then loped off into the forest, Gudrid drawn and making a surprisingly small amount of noise.

Merin stayed to the shadows ahead of the group, searching for Globrun's, or at least the signs of them. Merin had encountered Globrun's before, in the cavenrs below the earth. They didn't seem appreciably different up here, so he should know what to look for. And when he did find them... Well, unless there were quite a few of them, a shot from Gudrid and a hasty retreat should serve to off balance them before the others arrived. He didn't know if he could trust Octavian to move quietly.

Brynjar "Kyrre" Nyborg

The ambush was over, Brynjar was impressed with the skills of his comrades. They knew how to handle themselves, didn't panic which gave him some peace of mind. Although sadly, he wasn't much use in this ambush so he hopes that could be rectified with his new position as rearguard. A simple nod to Captain Seles to show his acceptance of the position. He glanced over the others, they seem to be okay and won't be requiring extra help so Brynjar immediately moved into his position.

While protecting the team's rear, Brynjar wondered whether there was more to this ambush. It could by all means, be a simple, random ambush but what if there is more? It isn't unheard of, to send a scouting force disguised as a sneak attack to evaluate the opposing force. It's what he would do, information is one of the valuable components to battle. That may be the scarred warrior's trauma talking yet there is some logic to his thinking. Whatever the case, it was time to focus on the present. If the question still remained with Brynjar later, then they will find out sooner or later.

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

ENGAGEMENT SCENARIO

• Shortly after their fight with the small group of globgruns the group stumbled into a very dark, damp and enclosed area of the forest. When the group came upon a small clearing they noticed the large tree in the middle had 2 persons attached to it, a little girl and an adult man, unconscious and barely alive. It would seem that the group had found the possible culprits hideout. Merin Twostone was able to find a covered underground lair in between the root system of a large dead tree, but before he could explore inside of it, loud rustling of grass was echoing into the clearing. The loud noises suddenly stopped. The team looked around armed and ready this time. They were expecting a bunch of more globgruns to start charging towards them. But it was not their previous foe. A large ANTARNAE appeared from the bushes, charging towards the tree, no doubt trying to prevent the group from getting to its future meals.

Reinhardt Reinhardt Fred Colon Fred Colon Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Last edited:
"Ach." Merin muttered under his breath. Should he wait for the others? The two figures strung up by the Antarnae were still alive, but that could change at any moment. On the other hand, Merin knew how dangerous Antarnae could be.
Deliberating for a moment, Merin sighed and popped the bullets out of Gudrid. If he was going to go do this, he might as well go big.
He slid in the large, metal slugs in their place, bullets he'd made himself and took aim. When the Antarnae was in his sites, he fired.
"Direct hit!" Merin laughed as he saw greenish blood spray. But this didn't seem to bother the Antarnae as much as Merin was hoping, and now it was scuttling directly towards him.
"Oi! Over here! It's an Antarnae!" Merin shouted, getting up from his hiding spot and running towards the rest of the group. "There's two people alive, we've got to save them right quick! Also, me! Save me! It's chasing me!"
Merin wasn't terribly fast, he knew that, so it didn't take long for the thing to catch up to him.
"At least I got you away from your victims you dumb beastie "
It lunged and Merin interposed Gudrid between himself and the monster. The things venomous fangs were held back from his face, but it's two, long, jagged front legs began savaging Merins front.

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Eclasen 21th 997 C.Y.A.D. 11 am[/FONT]
Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

Seles discerned that the two individuals stuck onto the tree were of the four missing from the town. She suddenly heard rustling in the background and was concerned that is may have been the remaining Globgruns. The group they faced was rather small. Instead what came out of the woods was a larger than normal Antarnae. It was twice the size of anything she had seen before. Obviously to her it was a solitary beast that has managed to feast on the locals for a long period of time. Their priority, from her eyes was not the Antarnae, but the safety of the towns folk. The Captain took another swift glance and she realized they were still breathing if barely. Before she could even give the signal, Merin Twostone went ahead and pierced a dent into the bug with his custom rifle.

" WAIT! DAMNIT" she yelled drawing her blade, but it was too late. The Antarnae was antagonized and would not stop until they were its next meal. " Damn... All right! Someone cut them down from the tree and form protective perimeter. The rest of us will give you cover. Any volunteers?! " she instructed walking towards the Antarnae.

" Don't move dwarf! "
she shouted. Taking sword in hand she ran across the opening and positioned herself towards the side so that she would have a better shot of getting the bug off of Merin who was enduring an onslaught of sharp strikes. She pointed the sword towards it, as crystal like energy began to form around the blade like shards of ice. The attack shot towards the beasts protruding behind slicing off a limb or two. Not to be stopped, the Antarnae, which was now off of Merin spat a Venomous substance toward Seles.

Brynjar "Kyrre" Nyborg

Brynjar remained alert after the initial globgrun ambush. He was the last person to spot the two victims however the way that they were stuck to the tree made Brynjar cautious, globgruns don't stick their victims to a tree. The sudden sounds of battle startled the veteran into combat ready stance. The abnormal Antarnae that popped out confirmed Brynjar's suspicions that it wasn't the globgruns this time. Captain Seles shouted for Merin to wait but it wasn't too late, he took the beast's attention to protect the victims. Then the Captain delivered her orders to Brynjar and the others then she ran off to save Merin.

Her attempt to save Merin was successful... Except now the oversized arachnid turned its focus at Seles and spat a venomous ball at her. Brynjar's training kicked in, he began running like lightning towards the Captain. If he hesitated for even a second, he might not have reached the Captain in time. He sprinted past then stopped whilst digging his feet in the dirt. He raised his shield in front of him. A surge of electricity traveled down Brynjar's shield arm, crackling as it jumped from point to point. The electricity leaped into the shield then exploded into a circle in front of him and the Captain. The venomous substance struck the lightning shield, evaporating into a gas. "Got you, Captain" The Antarnae's scorn then turned towards the veteran warrior.

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

The fight was soon completed and Phera was self-conscious of the fact that her only contribution to the fight was of her missing her target twice. She expected it to be noticed and commented upon however there was nothing, just the continues of their journey. She was a little relieved but still her pride was hurt and was determined not to miss again. She sheathed her sword as she followed the group, standing by Ella as ordered. No more swords unless necessary, she was a mage after all and that it where her true power lay. It soon became clear that it would not take long for the chance to redeem herself.

Only a short trip later that the forest seemed to change almost suddenly. She felt the change before she noticed it, the warm comfort of the forest and bountiful life seemed to change to cold and foreboding. She could sense that they were no longer welcomed and that many eyes seemed to watch them once more. Then she saw it, the cocoons of those that they were searching for and Anternae that held them. The sight of the creature sent a chill through her spine, and she found herself frozen at the sight of it. Gunshot from Merin's rifle and Sere's reactions snapped her out her fear. It seemed Merin draw the large arachnid's attention and the Captain and Brynjar worked to save him drawing its ire in turn.

She moved quickly, moving to circle around the creature while it was distracted by her three colleagues. Once in position toward the back of her target, she began chanted the brief elven incantation, she moved her hand in a circling motion infront of her. As her hand completed the circular motion, finger began to spark forming a small ball of lightning on her first and second fingers. She pointed it at the Anternae aiming at the billet wound and fired. The shot struck true, she saw the Anternae jolt and spasm as the lightning spread through its body and it let out a pained screech. However the effect did not last long and the Anternae seemed to recover quickly turning to Phera and charged in anger. After shocks from Phera spell seemed to slow the creature but it seemed to battle through managing to quickly bridge the gap between it and Phera and knocked Phera with a swing of on of its leg. Phera gasped of the kck sent her to the ground with the thud. "Lamra..." She cursed in elven.

Last edited:
BOOK 1
CHAPTER 2
VERSE 2
9710Vuv.jpg
TITLE: Overtures of War
DATE: Eclasen 24th 997 C.Y.A.D. 9 am
" Here is everything I know about War. No one wins. Everyone Loses, and everything is changed forever. "
- First Minister Elan Avignon,
Summit of the Continental Alliance 990 C.Y.A.D.

Captain Seles and her band of misfit adventurers succeeded in their mission. It was determined after defeating the Antarnae that the beast was the cause of the disappearances of the townsfolk. As Brynjar and Phera cut down the 2 people from the tree, Ella was asked to treat their wounds, but she also determined they were extremely weak from dehydration. Seles and Merin ventured into the lair he had found. There they discovered, what appeared to be human remains and possible Globgrun remains. Merin speculated the Antarnae was feeding off of both humans and Globgruns, which is why he thinks the globgruns that attacked them were such a small group. Seles ordered them to salvage any personal belongings they could from the deceased.

Out of the 4 people abducted, only 2 survived. The Unit with their two survivors returned to the town. While it was a sad occasion that 2 of their friends perished by the hand of this Antarnae, the townfolks were truly grateful they would be able to live peaceably for the time being, and a bonus for eradicating a group of Globgruns, the town elder awarded the group with more than the asking reward. A total of 2000 diamars was given to the Norhad Swords that day, and it was just in time, as the Captain of the Argyle Ranger was to meet them at the towns border for an assessment of the mission. Now that it has been completed, they were able to return to the Fortress by late night, and enjoy a day of rest from assignments the following morning.

On the Morning of Eclasen 24th, the Unit was to have breakfast in the Dining hall together. They were informed the day before that another mission awaited them and that Captain Seles would join them and discuss the mission that lay at hand. Every 3 days at the fortress was mail day delivered by an airship making its rounds to all the towns around the greater Lake Inverness area. Along with the mail came the weekly Bulletin, a compiled assortment of articles from different writers and chroniclers meant to inform the populace of goings on locally and abroad.

Welwyn Kingdom Chronicle
Month of Eclasen
Monthly Issue #4

Beyond the Continent
(Worldwide news)
The Journey of Unification Part III
Welcome Reader, to the Third edition of the special report of the Journey of Unification

We are coming to the third month of the Saviors Journey to Unify the Eastern Union. A week prior to this article, the Savior had landed on the Island Archipelago of Asura, after leaving her home archipelago of San Ska Rae. The esteemed young Woman and her entourage of devoted followers and protectors sailed straight to Tetsu Island and its Holy Temple, Umi. This journey has not been without its difficulties. Early in the journey some speculation of an attack at a port town were made, but several eye witness reports confirmed this event took place.

While Traveling from Til-Gath to Golgo'tha Islands, a contigent of mercenary pirates, presumably belonging to Jolinar Creed's armada, intercepted the Savior's ship en route. The accounts go on to describe how her protectors held at bay Four Battleship class vessels before the Savior used her Divine abilities to render all the pirates temporarily blind. Many of the statements were taken from followers of the Savior and are likely embellished to the support of the cause. Regardless, her Holiness was able to escape and the pirates were utterly defeated by the Home Guard forces.

Following this event, a month later we have been able to determine that an assassination attempt was made at a local festival. Secrecy however surrounds the details regarding this event. Many speculate the reason behind the subterfuge is due to rumors that the assassins were not Easterners. If that is the case, certainly the Chancellor and the Four representatives of the Union are eager to cover this up in a bid to smooth international relations. However this is more out of their Goodwill than any sway the Kingdoms may have. With Welwyn's focus on the Blood Wars, and the underwhelming funding to the Kingdoms Naval capacities, protection of Sequencia Ocean trade routes is performed mainly by the Asura and Borokai Horizon Battle Groups.

While the Kingdom of Welwyn has no stake in the success or failure of the Saviors Journey, it is undeniable that as their closest international neighbor we have a stake in keeping international elements from disrupting this event of succession and ritual that has lasted longer than our own Blood Wars conflict.

Everett Borchard, columnist and Eastern Union Chronicler Liason

Over the Horizon
(international)
Adanaque Refugee Crisis
For decades many refugees from local towns across the contested regions have been flocking to the inner lands of the mighty Adanaque Kingdom. The continents longest serving elected official First Minister Elan Avignon has for 30 years kept his borders open to refugees from Lanark despite earning the ire of his Regents who wish to limit and even close the borders. Even envoys from our own kingdom and that of Maxwell have tried to convince the First Minister through negotiations, as many refugees spill into our lands as a result. However the stubborn old Lion is to proudly devoted to his ideals of protecting the vulnerable to see the impact it is having on the Northern Kingdoms.

Many attribute this to his former duties as an esteemed Gold Trian Knight, nicknamed the White Lion of Gladstone. During the Battle of Orleans, he led his forces to a 10 day battle within the valley saving the lives of over 50,000 refugees, the largest ever recorded mass exodus of the Blood War. In his early years in office, the First Minister and his entourage managed the refugee situation with great forethought to the surprise of many in the Northern Political circles. Programs for Resource workers, development of farmland communities and the establishment of the Orphan and Widows Crisis Tithe are only a few of the many great achievements of his office.

Recently however, the great cities of Adanaque have been strained due to the number coming in. Conspiracy theorists from all over agree to the idea that Lanark is overwhelming Adanaque on the economic front as well as the war front. Sadly if this is to be true, then they are succeeding. Refugee increases are far outpacing the local economy's growth leading to homelessness and jobless individuals, further leading to more crime and more resources taken away from the war front and into the peoples lives. Although it is something the former Trian Knight acknowledges, in his words " changing our stance means yielding to those bastards. " His fame as a Trian knight, his virtues towards refugees and his connection to the Royal family all lend aid to making sure this Old War Lion continues to " Defend the helpless...and uphold the weak "

Amber Morgenstern, Chronicler for the Maxwell Morning Star

Duel of Thoughts
(interview)
Parliament Ministers Dismay over Alliances
Interviewer: Thank you for your time Minister Akance. Our discussion today as per your request, will revolve around the " Continental Alliance " and its future. Before we get to our first question, would you please tell us about yourself for our readers.

Minister: Absolutely and thank you for having me. My Name is Lambert Akance and I am a Parliamentary Minister for the Kingdom of Maxwell. A Representative of the Sherbrook Region. I have been in office for 12 years. Before that I was a Merchant of timber specifically Ironwood for 20 years. I currently sit on the Maxwell's War Council.

Interviewer: Without further delay Minister, our first question is how you feel about the Alliance?

Minister: The Continental Alliance has been in place for centuries, it is a means of keeping the power of Lanark in check. Without it, Lanark would be able to bring about more incursions to several areas within all our borders. Particularly in past century, Lanark has encroached into more than 200 million hectares of land despite the Alliance. It was only in the past 40 years with Major Kingdom War Initiatives that we have been able to halt this approach. But while the Alliance is necessary, I feel some regions are not pulling their own weight. The war council is in talk with envoys to encourage the kingdom of Welwyn to contribute more to this effort. After all more than half the land lost belonged to them.

Interviewer: Is there any discussion regarding the Kingdom of Selkirk?

Minister: Selkirk has been a thorn on the side of the Alliance ever since the Clarendon Accords. Apart from trade with them, it is the official stance of His Majesty's Parliament to keep them at a distance regarding anything pertaining to the War. Right after the Accords were signed, Selkirk broke off any negotiations for counter Attacks and developed a Neutral Posture. Since them they've been economically exchanging with Lanark until the Keltic Arms Treaty was signed. This prevented Selkirk from providing various war effort resources to any Kingdom. I just don't get those people, like us, their territory was captured and they responded with nothing.

Interviewer: Younger readers are interested why the Kingdom Lanark has been able to sustain itself for so long in this War.

Minister: Well first off, it's not like we're constantly engaging in day to day battles. There have been periods of Hot and Cold war. Statistics from Kingdom Affairs Offices on the Continental reveal a yearly death toll of 30,000 people. 85% of those are non-military. Every couple of years, Lanark tries a major incursion of some sort. Reality is that Lanark resources are vast within its own borders even. Records indicate that War resources in particular are in great abundance. Food sources would be the obvious downturn because of its colder weather. It also controls half the major rivers on the continent and has major port access to the Meridian Ocean. As of now, the Kingdom of Welwyn is the only other one, but development is slow for a Major Trading City.

Interviewer: What are your views on an international Coalition?

Minister: Westerner Bastards are off the table, I don't have to remind you of that. The Republics forces are pitiful I'd say, and they are home to those wackjobs. The Eastern Union would be the only viable ally in this, but I don't want to be in their debt anymore than we need to.

Interviewer: Thank you Minister Akance for sitting in.

Cameron Blackburn Chief Scribe Kingdom Chronicler
Fred Colon Fred Colon Reinhardt Reinhardt Sul_Silver Sul_Silver ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Jellal Jellal

Last edited:
Merin sat back with the mug of celebratory ale he had promised himself after the mission and read the paper. His wounds ached a little, but they were bandaged and recovering. He had invited the others to share a drink with him,
Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Reinhardt Reinhardt Sul_Silver Sul_Silver ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

But so far nobody had arrived. That was fine with Merin. He'd rather drink with someone, but alone was alright too.

His focus narrowed particularly on the denunciation of Selkirk by Minister Akance. The dwarves held no formal position in Selkirk, but it was still where they came from so he couldn't help but be a little annoyed. He understood the desire to avoid conflict. It wasn't always possible, but he thought it Noble to try.

When he became too irritated to read the paper anymore he took our a small device he was working on, and fiddled with it in between sips. Theoretically it would explode, blinding anyone nearby, but so far he hadn't been able to make it do anything except explode in a more... Fiery way which, while useful, wasn't what he wanted. Tinker always calmed him down, and soon Merin was in a good mood again. He hoped someone would join him. He didn't want to just meet everyone at breakfast with the Captain, a friendship couldn't just be about work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back