• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey : Wrath of the North IC 2020

Phera remained quiet among the rest of the group, taking everything and everyone in. The captain was not what she expected, she expected a big burly male soldiers type. This captain was smaller than Phera and was almost appeared a little to cutsy to be a soldier, yet there was appropriate authority in her voice and manner to make up for it. Maybe a little too much but Phera supposed in a situation when one female of authority over mostly men it was safer to overcompensate than under. Looking at her fellow, she was not impressed with most of them. Most seem to be too jovial or young , one of them even appeared to be drunk or at least hungover. The one in the dented armor though seemed to inspire some confidence though, he at least looked like he was taking it seriously and been in battle.

Entering the ship was an interesting experience, she had never seen something made with so much metal before. There did not even seem to be any wood at all. One she helped bring the cargo inside and sorted out her things she took a quick walk around were she could talking the long path the main deck It was impressive especially when the ship when something like this size could lift into the air. The rush from the sudden jerk of moment had send her heard racing. Yet she also felt uncomfortable, partly because it was cramped but also at the lack of nature about her. Living with the elves so long one learned how to feel close to nature and now lacking it at all was like a part of her was missing. Still she pressed on and she was soon in time to see one of the crew unconcious. "Well... barely in the air and already an injury. Some might call that an ill omen."She said out loud to noone in particuler.

"Gotcha, captain." Merin said, putting his arms under the unconscious man's shoulders and trying to heft him to his feet. "Whose Mr. No Last Name?" Merin asked, "Whoever it is, you want to lend a hand? I don't bite, and this fellow isn't in any position to bite at the moment, though I can't speak for him when he wakes up."

Ella da Braza
The Argyle Ranger Airship

"Oh, yes, of course! I'm... I'm sorry for the trouble." Ella had perhaps jumped the gun a bit too soon there. The captain seemed to know who the intruder was, perhaps another team member? Still, It's not everyday that you'd see someone get thrown so hard like that, let alone getting knocked out like it was nothing, So Ella though her reaction was understandable.

There was no point into overthinking over this too much, she had been given clear orders to attend to the man that was still unconscious on the floor. She first checked the mans vitals to make sure that he was still alive after all that. Fortunately, he still had a pulse and was breathing. It mostly seemed to be superficial damage, lots of scratches and bruises... he would definitely feel that tomorrow. She slowly moved him out of the debris that still surrounded him and quickly went to her room to grab some things she might need, such as bandages,

As she treated the man, Ella thought about what could have happened when she had pointed her staff at... Kirva? Yeah, that's what the captain called her. She probably couldn't have fired a spell since she was extremely nervous. But if she did, she could have gotten someone seriously injured! All because she thought Kirva was some sort of intruder... dammit!

Ella did the best she could to treat the man. Since she had no medicine on her, the bandages and some clean water would have to do. She did the best she could with his face though, which now was all swollen... it didn't seem like he had any broken bones, but he should get some rest in order to recover from all that. As the man slowly regained consciousness, she told him what happened and relayed the information about his injuries.

Ella went back to her room, and trying to not cause any more trouble, decided her time would be better spent studying than out and about the ship.
Tag:

Octavian
The lacking of Argyl Ranger?

Not even out the gate,

barely off the ground,

Nearly out of his morning groaning.

And already got a casualty, fellah ain't dead but could you have waited five damn minutes for the honeymoon phase to settle in?

Now the she-goats brayin, the midgit talking and one of the quiet girls comes, pokes and prods the fellah before disappearin again...

"Yea know, it may had been the mirror I broke, the black cat that crossed my path, the fact i walked under ten ladders, saw a single crow, or the fact it was a red sky in the morning, all before I set foot on this ship.

But I got a good damn feeling about this trip. Come on lets get this bastard movin... Fuckin hell." He hefted his half of the idiot and... Kicked open the door entering into the cabins, just short of Ella's precious behind and causing the door for the rest of the ship's life to never FULLY be able to sit in it's place. Always just off the latch. The small things matter.

"Come on Stonecrusher lets get this fellah into a bunk... Better yet..." he found a barren patch of floor, hefted more of the weight off his partner and dropped the fellah on the wayside of the hall.

"There we go, in the crew quarters, sleepin like a baby. How nice of the she-goat to make our first impressions so nice. Maybe she'd be kinda enough to let us see how we die before it happens...

...I'm Octavian by the way, veteran of the company." He figured he best introduce himself.

Fred Colon Fred Colon

"Nice to meet you, Octavian." Merin said. He adjusted his grip as Octavian put their charge on the ground. All the weight now on him, Merin grunted a little as he staggered towards one of the beds, before putting the man in it.

"And it's Twostone. Merin Twostones." He laughed a little. "Not Stonecrusher. Theres an old children's story with a Stonecrusher in it though. You know the kind. Cleaving mountains by herself, defeating Giants, things like that." Merin dusted his hands off and turned to Octavian. "A veteran then." He cocked an eyebrow and grinned, "You're grizzled for certain, if you don't mind me saying. How long have you been at it?" Merin motioned at Octavian. "We should check if the, ahaha, She-Goat needs us for anything else. If not I was going to get a meal from the mess-hall, if you'd like to join me. I wouldn't mind asking a few questions about what to expect up here."
Orikanyo Orikanyo

Octavian

"Long enough I guess? Second stint of being a mercenary in my lifetime." He admitted, but then turned to the dwarf with a stern gaze. "Don't speak of your commanding officer in such a way, its unbecoming of a soldier!" The glower turned into a smirk. "Espeacially when she can hear you, your new around here so folks wont look past your grumblings. My advice is suck up to her, maybe if your close she wont lead yea to your death.

Plus, if red heads are your thing you could do worse...

The other new lad looks promising, upstanding kid, thought I was a lost old man when he first saw me... I'll drill him on that later, I ain't old yet damn it.." he grumbled for a moment... Before clearing his throat. "Now that I think on it.. Most the women here are red heads... Can't tell its a good or bad sign.

Save the witchy one.

Blondes are more my thing, always loved gold... Bonny blue eyes and a nice big..."

He paused.

"Heart." He said with a smirk, before exiting to the deck once more.

Fred Colon Fred Colon

Sitting in one of the bunks in the crew quarters, Anivera was fixing the strings on her harp. The sudden commotion broke the intense silence she had been feeling in her ears, and snapped her out of her daydream. She paused, put her harp in her bag. She had sneaked onto the ship in silence, wanting to avoid the heavy lifting, but in her isolation, had missed the part where the Argyle had taken to the skies. Peering out of the window, she could tell it was time for her to rush to the deck for the initial briefing. As her hand reached to open the door, a young, nervous looking girl opened the door and closed it, before it was brashly kicked open by a loud man who reeked of alcohol, followed by a smiling dwarf in tow, carrying a bruised man between them. She pulled herself up on her bunk before anyone could spot her.

She scratched her head curiously as they dumped the man on the floor, and finished their introductions. "She-goat".. she giggled to herself, this trip could be interesting.

Leaping down from her bunk, she tapped the dwarf on his shoulder, beaming at him, but loud enough for the older man to hear as well,

"Hey! I'm Vera, looks like I'm just in time for the introductions."

She whipped around to look at the girl who'd entered before, her head tilting to a side. A small twinkle appeared in her eye as she scanned her crewmates for the first time.

"Do you wanna, maybe, not leave him on the ground? I doubt anyone's cleaned the floor." She grinned, poking the unconscious man lightly with her boot.

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Fred Colon Fred Colon Orikanyo Orikanyo

"I will not lie, I don't mind big.... Hearts myself!" Merin laughed. Suddenly he felt someone prod his shoulder and he whirled around to find a Lavender haired young woman grinning at him. "Ach. Me and my big mouth. Pardon our uncouth language, miss. Merin Twostones at your service. And I wouldn't worry, I've put him away. (Octavian dropped him on the floor but Merin put him in bed).

"This fellow is my new grizzled friend, Octavian. That's Ella." He said, pointing out Ella. "Did you need something from us? We're new to the crew." Merin grinned, "And if you're worried about the floor you could probably just mention to captain about the She-Goat thing and poor Octavian and I would have to clean it!"
Orikanyo Orikanyo Sul_Silver Sul_Silver thespacekid thespacekid

Octavian

"...Give me a damn break..." the man sighed, another one... And the dwarf is to busy putting his boot in his mouth to be helpful...

"Well lets see... as your supierior here I dare say this does need a mopping... Both of yea, get to it, clean these halls so damn clean you can eat off it, with luck we all wont have to in the near future!

If you need me, which you wont, i'll be... somewhere on the ship." He made his last point extremely vague, as he quickly slipped out the front. Fuck that noise, let the dwarf dig his own grave, if anything he will say nothing about the nickname he gave Seles.

Espeacially since the joke has been killed by another.

The sun was less problematic this time around, best he catch some of it while he could at the bow of the ship.

@ nobody cuz he skiddaddled.

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Field Captain Seles Klarth
Norhad Plains by the Kensington Coast
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 7 pm

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

Character Combat Actions: ??/??

5 HOURS TIMESKIP

The flight which had lasted just over 5 hours burned into the evening summer sun as they headed northward from Milestone Fortress. The travel to the location was not without its antics between people first meeting each other. Seles imagined it could have gone worse and there were times in the past where it has, and in a much more awkward or dangerous manner. Seles wanted them to converse and get used to each other without having their commanding officer having to force them through unnatural means. At the very least they knew what each other looked like and their names. However for the mission she received, she will require them to move pass introductions to trusting each other enough to come back all alive.

The drop off point was to be a large open field by a patch nearby trees. The local woods skirted the town that where the mission were to take place. Seles let everyone know that they'll do a recon of the immediate local area and then meet the towns folk early in the morning. The airship captain had a tight schedule to keep. After dropping them off the airship crew had to make its way to another location to drop off supplies for an outpost near the coastline and then some goods to another town before returning home. They made a quick drop of the Field Unit and as soon as the ship started to leave the team started to assemble the camp area before sun set.

" All right you know the drill. Tents, fire wood and food. Let's go volunteers. "

TAG: Fred Colon Fred Colon Orikanyo Orikanyo oldbadname oldbadname Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Reinhardt Reinhardt thespacekid thespacekid

Last edited:
"Ah! I'll get the fire. Wood is easy to burn. When I went out on my forays into the Deep caves we had to burn fungus." Merin told anyone who would listen. "Usually we had lanterns on our heads." He patted his thick red hair. "But sometimes on long missions the oil would run out. We'd always make sure to pick fungus at the outset and let it dry, because, you know, it was pretty wet if fresh. If we ran out, out came the fungus! It stank like ogre feet and was just the devil to light in the first place."

He waited until the rest of the team had chosen a camp sight, and then began to light the fire. He gathered some likely looking dry wood and tossed them into a pile together. Then he found a number of stones and used them to encircle the wood. Then he began cutting swaths of dry grass from a nearby field and stuffing them under the wood.
"Although, to be fair, everything is easy to light when you've got kerosene. " He took out a canister from his over sized bag and splashed a little of the substance on the fire.

"But first, so I don't run off and leave the fire unattended, we need something comfortable to sit on!" He began pulling logs from the forest and putting them around the soon to be fire in a close circle, so everyone could hear one another talk as they sat around the flames tonight.

Ella da Braza
The Campsite

After the incident the rest of the trip was quite calm. She spent most of the time in her room, re-reading her books and writing some notes on them. She mainly studied for ways to remain focused while trying to cast spells. Nothing more of note happened during the flight.

After arriving, Captain Seles asked for volunteers for setting up the tents, the fire and cooking. While Ella first thought of setting up the fireplace, Twostone quickly took that job, and seemed to be doing just fine by himself. So the next best thing was... cooking! Ella was by no means a master chef, but she knew one or two things about food. She had to cook for herself almost every day since she began wandering. "Oh! I can help with the cooking." She said, and went on to get started.

The problem was, what to cook? The ship had a lots of supplies, but food seemed to not be the priority in them. There were a few spices, rice, some dried food, but nothing that screamed 'tasty'. If she wanted to find something more edible, she would probably have to scout for something nearby.

She went into the woods, being careful as to not make a lot of noise and alert the fauna. She had no idea what sort of animals lived around here, of if there were any monsters, but she was sure she'd have time to flee if there were any.

She'd have to prepare a meal for around 10 people, so whatever she'd catch would have to be big, or she'd have to catch many of something small. The biggest thing she'd find inside these woods would probably be a bear, but there was no way she could take one down, let alone bring to the camp.

After a while, she began to consider the best ways to cook dried meat, when she ran into a small creek. Luckily, she could see a few fish swimming on it! Her first thought was to use some spell to kill them, but there was no way she'd be able to catch them or carry enough back to the camp. She needed help.

She quickly ran back, and found a small bag where there once were supplies, but now laid empty. She grabbed it and noticed that the fire had already been lit. Ella prefers to use her wisps to cook things since she had more control over the fire. Although she probably shouldn't be wasting them now just to cook.

"I found a creek in the woods with some fish on it." She announced. "Does anyone care to help me catch some?"
Tag: Anyone who wants to go fishing. Ability to actaully carry the fish is appreciated.

Brynjar "Kyrre" Nyborg

The 5 hour trip to the drop off point was calm, Brynjar maintaining his or anyone else's equipment if they so wish, helping out the deckhands with anything they wished. He even managed to catch some much needed shut-eye which Brynjar thanked whatever god or omnipotent-being blessed him with such. The large open field that they landed on, wasn't to Brynjar's liking. More to do with the tactical usefulness of being exposed in such an open place rather than the beauty of it. Well, it can't be helped.

Brynjar knows the drill like any veteran, so he began to set up some of the tents. He had managed to set up 2 tents and was in the middle of setting up the 3rd when Ella announced that she found a creek in the woods with fish. Brynjar, at first, decided not to bother but his conscience kept eating away at him until he helped. With a sigh, the thunder warrior got up from his kneeling position. He placed his horned helmet on his head. With sword on hip & shield strapped to his left arm, Brynjar was ready to go fishing."Let's go fishing then." He said to the short caster. He also grabbed a fishing rod, airship or not, it wouldn't be a ship without fishing rods.

Tags: Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

seles-klarth3-jpg.700234

Field Captain Seles Klarth
Norhad Plains by the Kensington Coast
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 7 pm

Health Points ??/??

Spirit Energy ??/??

Character Combat Actions: ??/??

It did not take long for the group to start working on setting up the camp. Soon enough tents were established a roaring fire was burning and some were setting out to gather fresh food to eat. She wondered if the food they brought was inadequate. If so their trip to the local town would help with that for tomorrow's meal. For now she was content to sit by the fire and watch the sun set over the western horizon. Ella da Braza went to gather some fresh fish near a water source. Brynjar went to accompany her. " See you in a bit. " she said as she turned to everyone else. " Make sure you are not alone. Policy is to travel in pairs or more. " she iterated to the group. It was definitely good practice not to be anywhere alone while on a mission.

She saw that Merin had finished rolling several logs into place around the fire. As soon as she finished her own tent and placed her things inside she went and sat down by the warm flames. Even though it was summer, the cold breeze from the coastline would be evident soon enough. " Thank you for making the fire comfortable for us Mr. Twostone. " she remarked. " Then again I wouldn't expect less from the masters of forging. Fires are essential to create and maintain, something I assume you are used to doing? " she said in a stereotypical manner. From what little she knew of the Dwarves, what she stated was not incorrect though it could be seen as if saying to a bird that it flies well. She took out some files and began writing the mission log as well the Night Watch for the evening. " So if it's no big secret, why did you join the Norhad Swords?" she inquired while perusing through her files.

TAG: oldbadname oldbadname Reinhardt Reinhardt Orikanyo Orikanyo thespacekid thespacekid ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Fred Colon Fred Colon Sul_Silver Sul_Silver Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Last edited:
"Every child has to attend a master Smith for a while." He nodder, "Though I'm less a Smith and more of a tinkerer." Merin paused, and for the first time today, Merin's smile was brittle. "It's not a big secret, no. I just... Decided that hat perhaps it was time to see the world. Then when I came to the surface I found that, no offense, people were a little less willing to take a stranger at their word, or give them food and shelter, than dwarves were where I came from so I needed a job. I have no small bit of combat experience, so the Swords seemed to right choice for me, what with the travel and the comraderie. How about you, Captain?" Merin said, anxious to shift the focus away from him. "Was this your dream as a girl? How'd you come to be where you are?" Merin put his hands up to the flame. He always did like a good fire. Especially on he'd made himself. It was quite a bit hotter up here than he was used to, though, and the heat didn't feel quite as refreshing as it usually did.
Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Octavian
Camp

Ah yes, the great outdoors.

And camping, man, if only he could drum up a batch of his good old fashioned mystery stew and see the look on people's faces. It was a mystery, in a sense, since it had no sure fire recipie and generally was a mystery if it actually tasted good.

But was it edible?

Most definitly has the highest chance to be.

Plus it was water and whatever else he can find that he knew would be able to be eaten. Mushrooms, meats, maybe a fruit or two? Who knows.

Possibilities are endless.

Why it is a mystery.

Plus you can keep a stew going, save it for later, mix it, let things marinate.

Just don't put bad stuff in.

As he thought about this, he had set up his sleeping area, which turned out to be more or less a bunch of grasses stomped down next to a tree. Now all he needed was something soft to lay down next to- He bit his lip tightly, wincing hard as if there was a large pain that just came over him. He led himself into that one... No... no time to think, just keep moving, can't keep drudging up stuff like this yea gotta stay calm. Go, go...

Trapping, that will work. something to take the time away and allow him to... Ah bugger he didn't have any traps made...

"...Oi! Anybody got a snare of three? gotta be rabbits in these fields." he called out to the camp, ignoring possibilities he is interrupting anyone.

@ all present yo, yelling

Octavian
Camp

And camping, man, if only he could drum up a batch of his good old fashioned mystery stew and see the look on people's faces. It was a mystery, in a sense, since it had no sure fire recipie and generally was a mystery if it actually tasted good.

But was it edible?

Plus it was water and whatever else he can find that he knew would be able to be eaten. Mushrooms, meats, maybe a fruit or two? Who knows.

Why it is a mystery.

As he thought about this, he had set up his sleeping area, which turned out to be more or less a bunch of grasses stomped down next to a tree. Now all he needed was something soft to lay down next to- He bit his lip tightly, wincing hard as if there was a large pain that just came over him. He led himself into that one... No... no time to think, just keep moving, can't keep drudging up stuff like this yea gotta stay calm. Go, go...

Trapping, that will work. something to take the time away and allow him to... Ah bugger he didn't have any traps made...

"...Oi! Anybody got a snare of three? gotta be rabbits in these fields." he called out to the camp, ignoring possibilities he is interrupting anyone.

Merin raised a hand, as his new friend Octavian began bellowing for traps, head cocked towards his campfire companion, still waiting for the captains response.
"I've got wiring if you know how to make one yourself." He said, taking some out of his oversized backpack. "Alternatively..." He hefted a large metal bear trap, shut at the moment. "Things in the underground cave systems I lived in tended to be a bit bigger so we needed some more heavy duty traps.

"Take them if you like, I can always make more when we find the time." He nodded at the captain, "Most dwarves know how to work with metal, and while I'm no master Craftsman I'm not bad. Traps are something of a speciality of mine. When you're fighting something eight times bigger than you it pays for it to neither hear, smell, see or sense you before you kill it."

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Last edited:
Ella da Braza
The Campsite

"Great! Let's be on our way then. It shouldn't take too long..." She noticed that Brynjar carried a fishing rod with him, which is is obviously customary when going fishing. However, considering they had to catch enough to feed around 10 people, it would take a long time if they relied on the fishing rod alone. While on their way to the creek, Ella expressed some of her thoughts; "Considering we have to feed about 10 people, I'd say we need at the very least five well-sized fish. However, since most of the one's we will catch are probably small due to living in a creek and that there's probably a few of us who'd eat more than a standard portion, we'll probably have to get around eight to ten fish. Wouldn't you agree?"

As they arrived at the creek, some fish could be seen swimming about in the semi-clear water. While it was obvious that Brynjar decided to take a more conventional approach to fishing, Ella had other ideas. She took off her hat, boots and heavy cloak, leaving her with only her only with her lighter clothes.

She readied her staff, looking attentively for movement of large fish. The moment she saw one, "Sparking Light!". A bright light was launched from her staff, a quick electrical strike over the water. Soon, a fish could be seen floating in the water.

Without waiting around, she dropped her staff on the ground where her other belongings were and dove into the creek, swimming as fast as she could towards the fish, which was now being slowly taken by the waters. She managed to grab it and bring it onto land. It wasn't big, but could feed a couple of people if cut right. "Well, that's one. Seven more to go." She said, and began readying herself for another strike.

Last edited:
Kirva
CAMPSITE

Stealing is not a good thing. But sometimes, such an act must be done to survive. Or teach someone a harsh, but unnecessary lesson in life.

Before landing, Kirva did the act for the latter reason. As the saying goes, "an eye for an eye, a poker swindle for two bottles of fine liquor". And it wasn't difficult to do, after all, the man-in-charge was unconscious the entire time.

After pretty much everyone has gone of to do their part in the preparations for the camp, Kirva finally unveiled her "acquired" goods. She approached the two gathered at the fire - the woman-in-charge and the bearded shorty. Terrible travel companions, but they'll have to do.

"One for the group.", she placed one of the bottles near the fire to warm the liquid inside, as they are often left in freezing temperatures to be suited for travel. With her free hand, she casually saluted towards the woman-in-charge.

"And one for me.", she said with a smirk as she sat down, opened the other bottle and held it over the fire. Then, once it was deemed warm enough, she started to take sips from the bottle.

The taste, while not entirely exquisite, was satisfactory enough. An invigorating refreshment.

Interaction/s: Seles Klarth ( Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser ), Merin Twostone ( Fred Colon Fred Colon )

Brynjar "Kyrre" Nyborg

"Agreed" Brynjar spoke as he followed the little witch. Not quite agreeing with her sentiments but they were acceptable enough for him. At first, Brynjar wondered why Ella only took a pouch to carry the fish, figuring that he'll have to do all the fishing. Of course, Brynjar was more than happy to fish, it would remind him of the good days when his father and him would go out on fishing boats with the other denizens of Kensington Coast. The tang of nostalgia faded when they reached the creek.

He unstrapped his shield from his arm then jammed the pointed base into the ground. Brynjar lowered the fishing rod to his abdomen then attached some bait on the end of the hook. As he was doing this, he noticed out of the corner of his eyes that Ella was taking off her boots and other articles of clothing causing the Storm Warden to tilt his head at her. Not understanding what she was attempting.

She spoke her incantation then a bright flash shot out of her staff, incapacitating or outright killing the fish that swam in the water. A smirk formed underneath Brynjar's horned helmet. It was amusingly cute for the Storm Warden, electricity and lightning being one of his specialties. He moved his arms behind his back then rushed them forward, sending the baited hook right into the middle of the creek, where he suspected the fish were gathering.

"Nice spell." He commented as she was readying herself for another strike."I remember the first time, I casted lightning. You could say it was magical." No, it wasn't -- the lightning got sent back to Brynjar and scarred his right arm from forearm to shoulder. Before he could speak again, Brynjar felt a tugging from the fishing rod. With a quick pull and some reeling, Brynjar caught a fish which was comparable to the one Ella caught."Six more to go."

Sul_Silver Sul_Silver

Last edited:
"I appreciate the gesture.... Kirva, right? I'm Merin." He hooked his thumbs at himself and smiled. "But I don't drink before a mission. I'll be happy to share with you a celebratory round after the fact, of course! I'll even buy." He looked to the captain. "You're more than welcome to join as well. I find drinking is a wonderful way to get to know people. Maybe a little too well sometimes. Ha! I knew a few people back home who liked to overshare when they'd had a few. It's just not something I'm interested in doing before a mission.

Merin pulled out his gun, Gudrid, and began to clean the barrel, though there were no obvious imperfections. Rather, the metal of the barrel shone in the firelight. It was a simple weapon, the only adornment a series of dwarven runes that had been semi-expertly chiseled into the stock.

"Care to tell me about yourself?" Merin asked looking back up, his smile shrinking to an expression of polite interest, almost unconsciously taking care of his rifle, his hands acting in perfect concert with one another, as if they didn't need the head intervening and complicating things. "I like to listen to other peoples stories, and it seems we've all night. I'm still wondering about you, too captain. I'll bet your lives have been significantly more interesting than mine, stuck under a mountain my whole life. I know I'm quite a talker, but I'm a good listener too, cross my heart I swear its true!"
Reinhardt Reinhardt Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Octavian
Camp

But was it edible?

Why it is a mystery.

Phera kept mostly to herself during the trip, not in the mood to socialize with anyone beyond what was required to fulfil her duties. She took a job in the engine wanting to learn as much as possible about the ship through most of her time was spent keeping engine fuelled and charged with her own magic. Still, she did it all gladly as the technology really fascinated with this technology, rarely seeing anything like this in the colony. However sadly it would not last long as soon enough orders came down saying they needed they were landing soon. Sighed knowing the eduction for now was over and likely she had to socialize. Than again, she hoped the landed somewhere forested. As much as she liked to learn the feeling of discomfort among metal was still ever present.

Thankfully it was, stepping out of the ship into the plain she could see the forest nearby he could go and recharge a little. However, that had wait, the captain called out orders regarding setting up camp, and she needed to find a job to do and help out. Preferably one that took her into the forest. He heard the one called Octavian mention he wanted to go trapping. She frowned at the mans eagerness. "I have a few herbs that might have attract some animals. They work better than the traps and less cruel to the animals." She said. "However if we are going to hunt, the animals need to be treated with respect. Humanely killed at least."
Orikanyo Orikanyo

Octavian
Wherever the wind blows I suppous.

"Humanely as possible...?" It had been some time he considered mercy when it comes to trapping... Though then again what animal out there in the wood applies mercy into it's daily life. "Mercy is a thing of man, not nature. And even then it's not really often applied in our line of work..." he paused for a moment, then smiled. "But hey! That sounds like a fun challenge. Snares are for rabbits, but if yea got a lure like that we can get us a big ol buck.

Or maybe find a boar... either way, killing humanely will be a trick and a half, hell suffering is only caused if you're a shitty hunter anyways.

So come on then Mercykiller, lets get us moving." The man didn't wait to hear an answer, he was just gonna place some snares around and call it for awhile, yea know, set up an excuse of "I did something for the camp but had no luck" when none of the snares caught a bunny. But going out in the wood and huntin'? Sounds fun.

"Ya'll stay warm and cozy now!" He began to trudge through a thicket. Spear the only thing standing above it as he broke through the other side...

Guess he should pick a target, boar would be good but heavy and the hide is somewhat useless unless you want rough cheap stuff, but a buck would be best, avoid the doe for obvious reasons. He had his spear, that could do good work against most creatures, but against a smaller lighter deer would be tricky...

Though... He may just end up having to go against a moose...

Which is a bundle of trouble...

And Mercykiller wants humane killing... Something to big may just end up having to show mercy on them...

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Anivera made her way out of the ship as it landed, stretching her arms out as she hop-skipped onto terra firma after what had seemed like days in the air. Oops, late again, she rubbed her eyes to see Twostone, the captain and a redhead sitting by a fire, and the rest of the team was nowhere to be seen. Maybe a break from all the noise in the afternoon.

She stumbled over a rock and caught herself, snapping into wakefulness. Walking towards the fire, she greeted everyone, "Captain, Mr Twostone. How are you fine folk this evening?" Turning to face the redhead, "I don't believe we've met! You can call me Vera," she offered her hand in greeting. Looking around, there seemed to be a fine fire raging, and everything seemed set up. "Anything I can help with?"

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Fred Colon Fred Colon Reinhardt Reinhardt

Ella da Braza
The Campsite

"Nice One! I'll try to catch a few more, but I'm not sure whether we'll be able to catch enough for everyone." Just after catching her first fish, she began feeling a bit tired. She wasn't used to the swimming and casting spells like that. Nonetheless, she needed to continue. She went slightly further downstream, considering she didn't want to accidentally get caught in the line.

After sighting a couple more fish, she let out another blast and went after them just like before. She was surprised that she managed to zap two at the same time, but had a relatively hard time bringing the fish back to shore. She wasn't athletic, and now it was definitely showing. Once on shore, she was completely tuckered out, and decided to just lay down for a bit. This turned out to not be a great idea, as now she was both tired and cold since she was no longer moving around...

She could just put on her cloak and the clothes she took off, but then they'd get wet as well. As she began considering other options, she decided that now was the time to use one of her wisps. Just one wouldn't hurt... plus, it's not like she's making it burn something so it won't affect the rest of her magic. Shaking a bit from the cold she stood up, put her hands over her chest and said "Ancient Wisps, serve my bequest, until thy flames cease to be...". Upon finishing the sentence, a a wisp about the size of a tennis ball emerged from the place where her hands were.

Quickly testing her control over the flame, she made it move in circles around her for a bit. After realizing the spell was successful, she made the flame stand by her, giving her some warmth. She grabbed her things and the pouch where the fish were, albeit struggling a bit to carry them, and went over to check with Brynjar. He hopefully had better luck than her. Brynjar seemed to be a nice person, more than what his more serious appearance gave away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back