• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Pharaoh's Soliloquy | OOC

Hm.... Any electric based ones? Or maybe a magnetic one?

Right, ferrokinesis and fulgurkinesis. The former, in a limited form, and the latter, as a costly ZEAL — Because, electricity is expensive in this world.

I was also thinking of pyrokinesis and telekinesis from the first bioshock. Both are practically standard powers. Than there's ice, wind, and other shit.

There should also be some kinda more subtle powers such as a healing factor — at the cost of more ZEAL, of course — enhanced strength or a thicker skin, and as I've promised to one person, sub-invisibility. What do you think, grim?

There should also be some kinda more subtle powers such as a healing factor — at the cost of more ZEAL, of course — enhanced strength or a thicker skin, and as I've promised to one person, sub-invisibility. What do you think, grim?
Basically Gene Tonics then. Sounds good but what about tech? I mean powers and splicing sure but will guns be the steampunkish kind? Blunderbusses and what not or leaning towards WWII era Tommy guns and Papashas?

Basically Gene Tonics then. Sounds good but what about tech? I mean powers and splicing sure but will guns be the steampunkish kind? Blunderbusses and what not or leaning towards WWII era Tommy guns and Papashas?

Yes, guns, guns. Like retro-modern versions of the Tommy gun, Welrod (although the RP itself is set in 1923), and revolvers and such. There'll also be lever actions and rolling blocks, though I'm not quite certain if I should include specialized ammunition (laser, plasma, heat etc. I can customize them to suit the era more). And more on point with your question, the weaponry will be leaning towards both side, a bit more on WW2 though.

Right, I should differentiate the meow passive elements from ZEAL. Probably another section then.

I'm gonna have some normal-build guy with the Juggernaught ability. Once he gets any kind of momentum, he can extend it infinitely and is impervious to attacks whilst he is moving. And the great thing about it is this ability trumps the immovable object ability, so there will literally be no way to stop me once I start moving. : D

Unless I've got nothing to stand on I guess. : P

I'm gonna have some normal-build guy with the Juggernaught ability. Once he gets any kind of momentum, he can extend it infinitely and is impervious to attacks whilst he is moving. And the great thing about it is this ability trumps the immovable object ability, so there will literally be no way to stop me once I start moving. : D

He still receives damage though, right? Is it a passive or active ability?

He still receives damage though, right? Is it a passive or active ability?

No damage whilst the ability is active. It requires activation to use. Consumes a fair bit of (zeal?) to use.

The first arc is actually supposed to be centered around communists. The second, about an attempt to reignite global conflict by communists.

Well idk about all that, but I've changed my mind about my character. I'm gonna be a body-hopping AI now. >: D

Body hopper? Robot is still a complicated thing (what with the lack of any contemporary forms of computer, and crude radios) so a possible concept is that you're an experimental tin-man (AI) who can hop from tin to tin — perhaps you're a personal project, or a government one gone rogue. Either way, it'd be interesting to have one.

Do note that tin-men can't use BLISS, so they're limited to weaponry and their metallic body. They vary from model to model, but most take form as a simplistic humanoid with chrome finish. Everything's chrome in New Atlanta.

Isn't that villifying Left-Wing?

Yes. USA is entirely right-wing now. The communists I'm talking about are a more radical group, unlike the usual anarchists which inhabit the underground labyrinths, who are looking to return the world to a more conflict-ridden state. Whether you join their side or not is entirely up to you. It's a free-form RP, and there's no restrictions here.

Well. I already have a plan for my character to outright betray the Commies for one reason: "I may be willing to work with Chinks, Japs, and Rats but I will never indulge in dirty communism! That and I'm more of a liberal then a commie so fair's fair, ya hear?"

Well. I already have a plan for my character to outright betray the Commies for one reason: "I may be willing to work with Chinks, Japs, and Rats but I will never indulge in dirty communism! That and I'm more of a liberal then a commie so fair's fair, ya hear?"

That's Atlas in a nutshell. Always betraying everyone.

NPCs finished. If you want any other organization or individual, than informally me and I'll do it.

No no no, a biological AI. It will body hop between living people, however it can't get into people that are affected by Bliss or drugs connected to it.

It'll be an extremely experimental rogue government creation with the goal of acquiring more knowledge and world domination.

No no no, a biological AI. It will body hop between living people, however it can't get into people that are affected by Bliss or drugs connected to it.

It'll be an extremely experimental rogue government creation with the goal of acquiring more knowledge and world domination.

Hmmm... Maybe it's a communist contraption, or a government spy over the underground regions (since the people over there don't actually have BLISS all that much). The collective already had a firm grasp over USA.

Well, sure, if you want. It'll be quite the antagonist for the other characters though.

Like, it's against literally everyone u less they can provide it some form of advantage in its goals, to which it will then consider a brief alliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back