• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Pack Life - Yhmera

"Ms Stacy, Ms Stacy..." the pups barked in a frantic. "We can't find Billy and Becca anywhere." All of the pups were jumping and running circles. Clearly flustered by the game. That they weren't getting anywhere with their hunt. "Hunts won't always be easy in life. Hunting prey or hunting an enemy. You will have to learn to pick up on every little detail. You all missed a very important clue. Start from the beginning and try again." The pack of pups whined before running off once more. Trying to find where the others went. By the time the pups figured bit out, Lucas and the two pups were gone.

"Ah man. If I have to." Billy huffed. "Sounds like sissy stuff to me." Following Lucas 's lead. Shaking out his fur before running off to help Lucas pick herbs. Becca on the other hand didn't shake her fur out. She gave a wolfish grin and stayed close to the two boys. "I'm going to be alpha some day and my mate can be my Luna. I'm going to rule the pack! Just wait and see." Billy laughed at that statement. "Girls can't be Alpha. That's why there is a Luna silly." Becca growled in warning before looking to Lucas. "Can girls be Alpha too?" She asked as she started picking herbs Lucas was picking.

"I went to Webster Highschool" Maria called out as she packed a few sets of clothes. her phone and laptop. "Then I went to CSU, Colorado State University and got my bachelor's in psychology." It took her longer than she wanted to pack. Trying to make sure everything she grabbed was necessity. Only taking was she thought was truly needed. Things for work, her favorite pillow, and a few movies. But after his question, she wasn't sure that was the best of ideas. As she came down with two small bags she smiled over to Max. "And before you ask, there are levels of schooling. Most going for a standard 12 years. Making their highest level of schooling Highschool. However some jobs require special training and you go to college for that. A bachelor's degree is in the middle of college training. It's not the highest or the lowest level of training or schooling you can get.." Maria hoped that would explain her schooling and what everything meant well enough.

Taking a quick look at her watch. "We have time for a short moving. If your still up for trying something new. I can even put one on about werewolves." She couldn't help but to grin. The werewolf movie was the old 1941 the wolf man. At least it was remastered into color and not black and white. "But just so you know, Hollywood has the werewolf thing all wrong from what I can tell." If only they knew the truth of the matter. Honestly she wasn't sure what would make a scarier movie. A pack of over sized wolves killing everyone or the one Hollywood made up. "Although of my favorite movies is the Princess Bride. It's a story that people act out on tv. Movies aren't real. Just telling you that now."

Conner looked to Sarah with a smirk. "I see how it is." He watched as she leaped off the rock and took off running once more. His tail wagging as he went after her. Sarah was starting to slow a little it seemed. It wasn't long before he found her on the ground and flattened out. Slowing down, he wagged his tail and nuzzled Stacy lightly. "Having fun?" Dropping down beside her, he gave her face a few licks. "Your beautiful when you run. The way your fur moves against the wind." Conner walked a circle around her, making sure she was ok. "Are you comfortable here? Is there anything you need or I could get you?" Worrying over his mate had become a new constant. Sarah was every bit as reckleas he was.

Lucas shook his head at the little male pup, wondering what his parents were like as he lead them out into the woods. How did he fix that pups way of thinking if anything he did was undone by his home life? He was trying to work that out as he picked herbs and set them in a neat little pile, making sure he didn't take more than one or two so that it continued to grow there, when he heard the question that was like an answer to his own question. Excited he wagged his tail and gave Becca a nuzzle of affection because she really did have big dreams and he was sure that if she full filled them that she was going to be an amazing leader. "Yea, girls can be Alpha. Luna's a new term to me because my own mother was Alpha in the pack I was born too, and my father, he was beta as well as a healer. Wolves can be whatever they want to be, but its important they put their pack first and take care of each other no matter what." he said, turning his attention to the other pup he gave him a nuzzle too. "Wolves who care and help aren't sissy's, they're strong and valued." he said, hoping that maybe the pair would get to meet his large Omega brother soon.

Turning his attention back the way they came, he turned his ears and listened back to see if the other pups found the paw print he intentionally left behind. He wanted them to know to give them a chance since the large back of pups was having so much trouble slowing down to work together. He waited before shaking his head because none of them were coming yet and he went back to making a small neat pile of herbs.

Max was sipping quietly at his coffee as he listened to Maria as she spoke, waiting for her to return. When she did, he offered a large smile back to her and was happy to see her with what she deemed fit to take with her. He was so glad that she thought a head to explain to him more about school because he had never been and this way if he was ever in the human world with her then he could at least say what level of school he had. Though he had none, so he wasn't sure he'd ever tell another human such a thing. Her reaction hadn't been too good. "I know what humans think of us, as wolves and as what I am. They're afraid." He sets his coffee down to stand up and go over to wrap his arms around her to hold her close for a moment, he just needs that to satisfy his want with the bond. He presses a kiss into her hair again before leaning back to smile down at her "How about you show the one that's your favourite. The um, the Princess Bride." he says with a smile, glad that he had remember what it was. Yes she had told him only moments ago, but he was learning a lot from her in such a sort amount of time that he nearly forgot. But it had to do with her, he needed to remember.

Picking up his coffee, Max looks back to Maria and waits to find out where and how they were going to be watching the movie because he really did have only a vague idea. So, he waits and then follows her, pausing only to finish off his coffee before setting it beside the sink because he knew it would need a wash before they left. Watching her set up the tv he figures out that's where they're going to be and seats himself on the couch to wait, hoping that maybe she'll snuggle up to him as he gets to experience this.

Sarah's tail wags as Conner walks up to nuzzle her, unable to hide her large wolf smile "Oh yes, that was very fun. I didn't know how bad you were at tracking." she teases before slowly getting up. She was happy he was concerned for her, and glad for his little bit of grooming. She is very careful to stretch out her body as she watched him walk around her as if inspecting her to make sure she wasn't injured. "I'm alright. That was just more than I was ready for, we're both still healing." she says, moving to nuzzle him and do her own check, making sure that his injuries hadn't reopened as she knew her own hadn't. When she's done, she rubs her head under his chin before she's grooming his muzzle and nudging him gently. "Come on, before tonight and after all of that, I think that I want you all to myself." she told him before purposely brushing her tail across his face as she walked ahead of him towards their home.

With a happy little trott she leads the way through the spot that allows them through as wolves and makes her over to pull the blanket he covered her with off of the couch and spread it on the floor as best she can before lying down on her uninjured side and stretching out. She waited to find out if Conner was going to lie beside her, or curl around her so that she would know how they were going to be all snuggled up to sleep. Sarah wags her tail as soon as her mates joins her and she turns her head to lick him and nuzzle him as she finally gets what she wants, she has him all to herself until nightfall at least.

A howl rang out. The pack found the pawprint that was left. They all ran and clumped together as they started in a new direction. Stacy sighed as she realized the pups didn't really understand the clue. Everyone was too busy trying to be leader and no one was working together. "Hey HEY! This isn't how a pack hunts. This isn't how a pack works. Yes there is an Alpha. But he doesn't do everything on his own. He is the guiding voice. But the beta and his Luna are big parts of helping him make wise choices. And they all hold regular pack meetings. To hear what the rest of the pack thinks, needs, or wants." The lesson was lost on the pups it seemed. That was until they all circled back around once more.

They howled out as they finally started talking and listening to each other. Then they were finally hot on the trail. Running straight for the porch Lucas and the others were hiding under. "We got them! We Got them!" The pups sang out as if they did such a good job. Really Lucas and his rag tag group won fair and square.

Billy looked to Lucas with awe and wonder. "Mr Lucas. Think we can do this again? Can I come over to your place and practice some. Or just hang out?" The young male then looked to Becca and curled his lips. "But no girls. Can it just be boys?" The pup seemed to want something but wasn't about to voice it.

Maria sighed as she wrapped his arms around him in return. "I can't say I wasn't scared or that I'm still not afraid. But I'm dealing. To be honest, your sweeter then any guy I've ever known." She felt so safe with him. Having him close. The question would then become, how would this all work in the end. After a bit she pulled away and plugged the dvd player into the tv. Then she put a disk in and grabbed two tiny black remotes. Taking a seat beside Max, she tucked her legs up and snuggled up close. "Ok, your in for a real treat."

She was almost giddy to watch this with him. To see his reactions to the scenes as they unfolded. Leaping up to grab some popcorn then come right back to him. "I'll make some better popcorn next time." She mused as she laid her head against his chest. Shifting once or twice to keep her legs from falling asleep. There was a serenity to being here with him like this. To having him protect her like he had. She wanted to keep him and his pack safe in return.

Conner laughed before he started following Sarah. "I'm not bad at tracking. I let you win." He teased. Knowing that she could hide and track circles around him. Not that it bothered him. She was a strong wolf and he wouldn't have it any other way. "Very well. I'm yours for the time being." A low growl escaped as she brushed her tail across his nose. Had she done that on purpose? Most likely. Not that he minded. Checking her over once more. "We are still healing but I'm use to working with injuries."

Sarah made her pallet, Conner went over to join her. Snuggling up behind the wolf as he curled his body around hers. Even though they were safe, he still had a need to protect her and keep her safe. Gently resting his head against her's. He wanted to howl out his delight. Having her like this. Simply spending time together. No pack to worry about. No emergency to take care of. There would be time for all of that tonight when the hunt started.

Lucas would have arched a brow if he wasn't in his wolf form. Something was going on with the little male pup, so he gave Becca a little nudge towards a herb "Why don't you go grab some of that and we'll head back to the others." He said, knowing it was just far enough he could talk to her friend but still see her. His attention was split between the pups as he asked Billy "What's going on? Why don't you want any girls around? You can't have a strong pack without them." He looked at Billy, trying to read the pup before he was looking back to Becca to watch her and make sure she stayed safe. He wasn't about to let anything happen to the pups and one ear was constantly moving, listening and making sure that no one else was around.

Of course it also meant that he heard the little pups howls in the distance and knew that they had found at least one of the clues he had left, but still no little pack of pups had come to find him so he wanted to head back to let them all go back to playing. This had been a very useful game in testing the pups skills, with which he could take back to the Alpha to tell him they needed to train the pups more. The future of the pack needed to ensured and that came from the pups.

Maxwell couldn't help but watch Maria's every move as she put the movie on, tilting his head a bit as a disc went into a machine before she joined him. He of course was all smiles as she snuggled into his side, his arm going around her to keep her close. It's short lived because she disappears after a moment and goes to the kitchen which has him turning to look, watching her as he scents the air. He knows the smell, recognizes it but doesn't know what it is as he watches her come back with a treat before shes snuggled into his side again. "Popcorn." He repeats softly, throwing a few of the little fluffy pieces into his mouth as his arm goes back around her. The soft crunch and light taste are not what he expects but it's hard to hide his smile and delight. "I think it's good." He tells her, going for a few more as the movie starts.

Almost instantly he's drawn right in. Max tilts his head at the little electronic sounds, the pixelated screen foreign to him as he recalls only the game he sees. "Baseball... But, why does it look like that?" He asks, frowning for a moment and tilting his head the other way when he sees it's on a small tv and the boy has something in his hands. But he forgets almost as fast that he asked a question as more happens and he sits there in a sort of amazement as the story begins, but he frowns when its interrupted. Though he says nothing because its Maria's favourite movie, you can tell Max doesn't like the interruption of a story.

Sarah let's out a happy sound as Conner snuggles up and curls around her, protecting her as much as it would be to keep her arm. She enjoys that feeling of safety and it can be felt as her body relaxes. As they lie together on the blanket, she can't help but turn her head to give a few grooming licks to her mate, more than a little glad to have him all to herself. But she's curious about tonight and wondering how she even begins to ask him about it all. Sure, she and her brothers are meant to have lessons at night to learn what everyone else knows already, but she can't help disturbing their own peace. "Tonight, when the packs together, what happens? They're celebrating you as Alpha..." she trails off, not sure how to ask the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back