• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Pack Life - Yhmera

Max was overwhelmed by Maria’s scent before she spoke, and he turned to look at her, giving her a large grin when she figured out what he was doing with such ease. Though, he probably had made it rather obvious unintendedly. “I wanted to cook something before you woke, but I guess I failed at that.” He told her, moving out of her way and doing everything that she told him. He was glad that the food had been put away correctly as he watched everything she did and told him with very careful eyes. He took it all in with a smile, glad to learn something new. “You can cook it.” He told her, moving towards the coffee maker when he realized it was the source of the smell quickly filling the room. “I uh, I don’t know if you can. I mean, I can’t say. I’m not the Alpha here.” He added, setting his hands on the counter and leaning over the thing that was making the dark brown liquid. It took him back home, to when he was a pup and he stood over the thing making it and just breathed it in as his eyes closed.

He could remember so vividly waking up every morning to the smell nearly every day of his life for over seventeen years before it just wasn’t there anymore. He remembered watching his father pour a cup and drink it while his mother added fresh honey. They had liked to sit outside on rainy days with their mugs, letting the three of them play inside. Slowly he opened his eyes and turned his eyes towards her, unaware that unshed tears were glistening in his eyes. “Coffee… This is coffee, right?” he asked her, hurrying to look through the cupboards to find cups. He had never been allowed to try the dark liquid before, he was not about to let the opportunity pass him by. How bad could it be?

Lucas couldn’t control his reaction at the thought of getting to spend the day with Stacy, his tail began to wag ecstatically, and he perked up slightly as he turned his head towards Conner. “Please, I could do anything she needs help with.” He told the Alpha, lowering his head back down. But his tail was still wagging with hope. “I know how to talk with my brother, I could keep him calm.” He promised, taking a few steps towards Stacy. He hadn’t expected her to lick his muzzle then, so he was more focused on her than on Conner. Lucas had moved to lean into her side, half aware of the Alpha leaving them.

“What is it that we’re supposed to do?” he asked her, aware that if he had been in his wolf form that he would be smiling and taking hold of her hand. But as a wolf, they had another way to do so, so he leaned against her, so their sides were touching and followed her lead. He only stayed like that until they got closer to pack grounds before he followed a few paws behind to make sure that he could watch and learn what she did. Guardian or Beta, he was sure that he would needed to know how to interact with the pack and she was his best teacher for doing so.

Sarah had just walked her way around a few of the pack members trying to greet her, but she was just too tired and too focused on finding Conner to deal with anyone else. She was consumed by his scent a moment later and a smile actually came to her face as she knelt down to be eye level with him, quite pleased that he was at least staying a wolf to help his body heal better. Her fingers went into his fur as she reacted on instinct to the mate bond between them by burying her face into his fur around his neck to just breathe him in. Having him right there relaxed her and she let out a soft sigh. “Don’t move, just give me a minute.” She told him, aware that pack members could see the two of them, but she needed this moment.

When Sarah had felt relaxed enough, she let go of him and slowly stood back up, though she wasn’t entirely happy staying human, she wanted her body to properly heal and didn’t want to make another batch of tea. “I want to eat; I want my big breakfast. I know that the pack is large, and I should learn, but right now I just want to eat. I need to eat.” She told him as her stomach grumbled loudly at them. “No eating on the run, please.” She added, reaching up to rub sleep from her eyes. She wouldn’t confess it to Conner, because he seemed to have such big plans for her and her brothers, but she still felt drained and just wanted to rest alone with him back in their home.

Last edited:
Conner watched Sarah closely. "Take all the time you need." So she needed to eat and rest more. How was he ever going to say no to her? He was lost to her the first time he laid eyes on her. That first intoxicating whiff of her scent. "If that's what you need then it shall be done. Rest and I'll make sure you eat." Barking out Conner sent a few pack members running. "I'm going to go get food. This shouldn't take long. Conner presented against her before licking her hand softly.

"I can push everything back a little but there is too much piling up that needs to be taking care of." Rubbing the top of his head against her hand as he spoke. "If you want, go check on Maxwell. I'll bring a fresh kill there for you. ok?" The people he barked orders to were already off and running. This had to be the strangest ascendance to Alpha. No. It was going to be the strangest naming of new pack members and rank changes. There would be a few wanting Beta. And what about Omega? A position that was oftentimes overlooked. The thought brought a smile to his lips as his tail started to wag. "I might have a fix for all of this. Now hurry on and I'll catch up."

Stacy smiled as she looked to Lucas. He had been allowed to stay the day with her. Feeling him against her made her smile. Pressing right back against him. Enjoying their closeness. "Today is a little different. It seems Conner is in a rush to have you all named as pack members and given ranks." She didn't know what those ranks would be, it was beyond her. "There is the matter of the human. Maria and your brother. I hope she will help the pack. That will make things easier for everyone. As they got closer to the pack she watched as Lucas moved away. Stacy wanted to whimper.

"First we make sure the pups are in school. They're too young for all this anyways. Then we start gathering everyone up. Finally step up whenever it's needed." She looked in the direction of her home. "We also might shift." Knowing it would make it easier on the human. But if she was going to become a pack member then she would have to get use to it all.

Hearing him say to cook the food she nodded, carefully flipping the food and making sure to leave it a little underdone for him. Plating their food separately. Shifting as he spoke, Maria could see the sparkle in his eyes and it pulled at her heart. Turning off the stove she moved to wrap her arms around him from behind. Watching him get down the cups. " I like milk in my coffee and a little sugar or honey. When it's black it can be a bit strong." She warned. Pressing her forehead to his back.

"You were close to your parents. I'm sorry you lost them." Her voice soft as she spoke. Wondering what it would have been like to grow up with a family like his. Having such close bonds. "I never knew my family. The earliest memories I have is the orphanage. A place where.... um.. unwanted pups are sent to be raised without a pack." Her arms tightened more around Maxwell before sucking in a sharp breath. "Could we at least eat on the porch? I think I saw some rocking chairs out there and I'm sure it's a lovely morning." Quickly changing the subject.

Sarah let out a soft sigh as Conner told her that there was a lot of things that the pack needed taking care of. She could already feel like it was going to be a very long day. She gave a soft growl when he told her to hurry “I’ll get there when I get there.” She said to him, though she ran her fingers through his fur one more time before heading off towards the house they had left Maxwell and the human in. She wanted Conner beside her, but if he needed to go and catch breakfast first, then she was going to let him. Yawning she stretched and felt a little more refreshed enough to greet the pack members that greeted her as she went, but she wasn’t sure how else to treat them just yet, though many seemed to know she was Luna. Or at least, their new Alpha’s mate.

It didn’t take her too long to get to get to the house, where she just let herself in. The moment she opened the door, two things were instantly noticeable. One was that the human was holding onto her bother, and two, was a smell she hadn’t smelt in years. Her eyes closed as she breathed it in as her own memories came to her. Morning’s waking up to the smell from sleeping half on top of either of her brothers. Cold winter mornings spent sitting on her father’s lap as she learned herbs, getting to hold the warm cup in her hands until he wanted a drink. Licking some of the honey off of her mother’s finger as she closed it back up to use again later on. Sarah’s eyes fluttered open, and she walked slowly over “Maxie… Is that…” she trailed off, unable to say the word.

Lucas nodded as he listened to her, following after her to start gathering up all of the pups. He was more than happy to allow the younger ones to climb all over him, biting at his ears. He would paw at them and push them away before giving them playful nudges to start them up again. It kept them busy and distracted to what was going on around them and he was more than happy to play with them. They didn’t seem to be pleased that he wasn’t going to be staying at the schoolhouse with them to keep playing, but he did promise to come back later on in the day to play with them, no matter what happened he was going to make sure they got to play. He even promised to bring someone with him.

After that, he was running around doing his best to round everyone up with Stacy, following her lead on how she did and what she said to get them all together, but he kept pausing to run back to her side for a moment or two for reassurance he was doing a good job. His tail had also not stopped wagging all day, which made it a little hard for some to take him seriously, especially since he also wasn’t an officially announced member of the pack. So, he cheated a few times and threw out that his sister was Luna. He felt guilty doing it, but he’d only done it to get some of them to listen.

When Lucas felt his stomach growl loudly at him, he hurried to Stacy’s side and sat down before her as he looked at her and asked “Can I go hunt us something to eat? Is that okay?” his head tilted from one side to the next with curiosity as he waited for an answer. He was used to going without if needed, but if he could show her that he could hunt, then he wanted to show her that he was able to provide for her if they were starting a bond.

All the tension in Max’s shoulders went away as Maria wrapped her arms around him, relaxing even more when he felt her put her head against his back. She had read him so very easily it seemed, but her words were as calming and relaxing to him as having her near. He closed his eyes to just enjoy the moment before he was twisting around to wrap his own arms around her and kiss the top of her head as he kept her close. “Growing up, it was only them and my siblings. Just the five of us. I’m… I’m sorry you didn’t get to have that.” He told her, before his eyes were being drawn to the door and he watched as his sister arrived. The coffee did the same thing to her as it did him, he could see it. Placing another kiss on Maria’s head, Max reluctantly let her go. “Sure, we can eat outside.” He agreed, turning to reach for another cup. If his sister was like him, she wanted a cup too. With two cups in one hand, sugar and milk hugged in his arm he walked the third cup to his sister. “Maria said its strong like this… I’m not sure what that means though.” He added, pressing his forehead to her as she took it from his hands.

Max went to where his mate was sitting, setting the coffee’s very carefully down beside her, he then put the milk and sugar down beside the cups. “Did I forget anything?” he asked, looking at her with a small smile. He was more than ready to do whatever she wanted before they ate. Though, he could see a lot of pack was running around, like something was going to happen. Though, his sister didn’t say much of anything as she sat on their steps, just holding the cup of coffee in her hands. She looked so lost.

Stacy watched Lucas with the pups and it warmed her heart. More than she thought it would. It wasn't often that she saw males interact so well with the young. Then again, from the life he described she wasn't that surprised. After all he had to take care of his siblings. She could stand there letting him romp with the little one's all day. "Your so amazing. Thank you for the help with the little one's." Every time he came back she nuzzled him in praise. She could quickly see herself falling for him. At this rate they would be bonded through what ever this was forming between the two of them. "Go hunt. There are fences off fields to the south with live stock so we don't over hunt the area."

Turning back to everyone else she noticed the looks she was getting. Flirting with an outsider. Lucas wasn't pack yet. However she knew he would be soon enough. He would be pack and probably with a higher rank than her. Not that she minded. As long as he was her's. Stacy froze at that thought. Where had it come from. "Ok, get moving. Conner needs to have a pack meeting. He wants the full pack rounded up with in the next hour or two.

Conner had just headed out to hunt when he paused. There was a store house with frozen meats and second day kills. But for Sarah he wanted to get her the best. Still, he didn't want to be away from her. At least not until she was marked and claimed as his. He didn't take off in a full run. Just fast enough to make everything hurt real good. They had a group that raised the cows, pigs, rabbits, and chickens for them all to hunt. After all, no wolf wanted to shop for old meat or something that wasn't even real. Killing a few chickens and small pig. He started back to where he knew he would find her. With Maxwell and probably Lucas. At least that one hasn't found his mate yet.

"This is going to slow everything down." He sighed. Then again, maybe that was for the best. No, he needed to make sure Sarah and her kin were safe. She was his mate and would kill anyone who harmed her. By now he well knew that harming her brothers would be the most devastating to her. Only way to insure them would be to make them part of the pack as soon as possible. Even if that meant finding a way to add a human in as well. He didn't want to cause her heartache by having Maxwell and Maria leave.

"No you didn't forget anything." Maria answered as she looked over the milk and sugar. "Didn't you say your parents used honey?" As soon as she sat her things down she ran into the house. Not taking long to grab a little bottle of honey as well. Coming back out to curl up in a rocking chair with her feet tucked under. "I would take a small slow sip of the black coffee. Then slowly add stuff until you find out how you like your drink." She explained. She only drank the stuff straight if she had to. As long as there was any form of creamer and sugar then that was her preferred choice. Turning her coffee from black to a light mocha color.

"Sarah, would you like me to cook you something as well? There's enough eggs if your hungry. Or do you eat everything raw, er.. fresh as well?" This was taking some getting use to. Almost took a moment that she was a wolf like her brothers. At least the morning had been normal enough. Yes, there was the occasional wolf running by. Now she understood all the paw prints everywhere. They didn't breed fighting dogs. They were all werewolves for a lack of a better term for it. Looking back to Maxwell, she offered a quick smile. She was trying, Maria only hoped he realized that. How hard this was all to take and handle. She hadn't completely freaked out. Yet.

Lucas gave a soft whine when she told him where to go to hunt, it took the fun out of it when you didn’t get to search. He stamped his paws a little, but he was starving, and they did so much in so little time, that he wanted to show he was strong. He needed to show Stacy that he was a capable hunter on his own. It was only proper that she knew he could provide. He gave her a quick nuzzle before turning to run off on very swift paws, not hearing that they had a time limit. He ran to where she said they were allowed to hunt and slow as he neared, crouching low as a mix of other scents came to him. Crawling to the edge of the tree line on his belly, his eyes already scanning for the perfect pray. It couldn’t be too big he couldn’t drag it back, but it couldn’t be too small they wouldn’t get their fill. Spotting the one he wanted, he acted quick, needing to rely on himself without his siblings there to help him take it down.

When he succeeded, he began to take it back to her. Lucas couldn’t wait for Stacy see what he caught for her. Wherever he ended up in the pack, guardian at her side, just part of the pack, or lowest of the low. As long as he got to be with her, it would be enough for him. He’d have pack, family and her. It was a perfect scenario in his mind. Tail wagging, he kept taking back the meal to Stacy, hoping that she would accept.

Sarah shook her head as she was asked if she wanted anything to eat, she just stayed where she was on the porch, waiting for her mate to bring her food as she continued to just hold the hot mug of dark brown liquid in her hands. She wanted to be like their father, not their mother despite the woman’s strength and ability to control her brothers with just one look. So, turning her watery gaze down, she stared down at the unyielding source of the aroma and slowly raised it up to her lips. Sarah didn’t take a sip like she hard the human telling her brother, instead, she took a large drink and pulled a face at the strong bitter taste on her tongue. But she swallowed it down, without making a sound and stared into the mug, almost like it had offended her. How had her father drank this stuff? Shaking her head, she steeled herself and took another, smaller, sip before lowering the mug back down.

Sarah sat, arms on her thighs leaning forwards and staring down into the coffee before his scent hit her nose along with fresh blood. Conner. He had arrived and he had fresh kills with him. Putting the coffee down with an audible thunk on the stairs, she got to her feet and hurried to greet him, unable to help herself as she shifted to leave the clothes behind and greet him with affectionate nuzzles and rubs. Her tail wouldn’t stop wagging when she saw what he had, more than eager to start eating. She was very much awake now and rubbed all along his side to have her scent on him, and his on her.

Max sat himself down in the other chair with one last glance at his sister before sighing and picking up his plate to set on his knee before reaching for the coffee. He held it close and brought it up to his nose to breath it in, before watching Maria. He gave her a bright smile that dropped slightly as she spoke about the honey. “I did… I thought…” he blinked several times before he was smiling brightly at her again. “Mom did… She drank half as much as Dad, but she used honey. It was the only think they went to town for, was this. And honey, when the bees were asleep in the winter.” He told Maria, before doing as she suggested and taking a sip of the dark liquid. He pulled a face similar to his sister, crinkling his nose and closing his eyes as he took in the strong and bitter taste. He couldn’t do it, and put the mug down as he nearly dove for the honey, he knew it was sweet and he licked the bit off of his thumb when he opened it. He added more than he ever saw his mother put it and stirred it as he saw his mate do before taking another drink. It was more tolerable.

He was sipping the sweeter dark substance and taking a large bite of the meal Maria had made as he watched her with his sister. He licked his lips and wiped at his mouth, unconsciously smearing it more into his beard and mustache before he said “I think her mate is going to bring her something. It’s… It’s tradition, typically, for… The male hunts, he provides and shows he can care for his mate and their future.” He chose his words very carefully as he looked at her, telling her in a way what he had been taught his whole life. His future, however, was human and he couldn’t provide for her the way his father and mother taught him. He couldn’t drag in a fresh kill to her, he couldn’t openly talk about their future pups, and he couldn’t nuzzle her like instinct told him too. Maria wanted to go slow and for his mate, Max would do whatever she wanted. He was utterly smitten with her. Even if it meant his siblings left him behind.

Last edited:
Maria couldn't help but to laugh as she watched Sarah take the first drink. She said it was strong. Maybe she should have used better words describing the bitter liquid. "If you keep that up you'll quickly grow accustom to drinking it straight." Watching Max prepare his drink she couldn't help but to beam. Why did he have such an effect on her? Was it really because they were so called mates? Maybe. But she could easily do this with him every morning. Only thing that would have made this better was her laying back in his arms.

Maria jumped slightly as Sarah shifted so quickly and went to the wolf. Watching them interact they almost looked cute. However as he explained about hunting and providing, she watched the wolves rip into the fresh kill. "Oh.." She gasped. Her stomach turned at the sight. "I'm going to..." Leaping to her feet and running to the bathroom. Emptying the contents of her stomach as she tried to compose herself. Max probably ate like that before her. He was probably wanting to eat like that now. Was this even fair to him? To ask a wolf to live like her? The bathroom door stood open as she staid nelt by the toilet a bit longer.

Conner was already wagging his tail when he spotted his mate. Right where he thought she would be. With her brothers. Or at least one of them. As she shifted, he growled low. "What happened to staying in one form?" He snapped. "I need you taking care of yourself better." Still he was excited to see her like this. Rubbing back against her. Licking her ears and muzzle. Sarah was stunning as a woman. However she stole his heart as a wolf. Effected him on a whole other level.

Setting the kills down he looked at her. "I hope you're..." he didn't even get the words out when she started to dig in. He chuckled before joining her, allowing Sarah to have her choise of meats first. "You're staying like this for the rest of the day." He grunted between jaws full of meat. Looking up over this kills as he watched Maria and Maxwell. Pausing for a second as the human went running into the house. Good. She didn't belong anyways.

Stacy felt Lucas's absence. Ot was a nagging sensation that said something was missing. She had to close her eyes and take a few deep breaths a few times as she delt with all the wolves. Lusas's scent still clung to her. Helping her to stay calm. Most thinking they were better than her simply because of rank. A few giving her a hard time just to test the new Alpha and the people he put in charge. "Please... come on guys. I need you all to listen. Alpha said to meet up for a pack vote and to get ranks sorted out."

A few of the bigger unpaired wolves circled up. "What if we don't want to go?" One asked. "What if we wanted to have our own party here?" Anoyher said as he shifted to wolf.

"Back off. I'm with someone. Can't you smell his scent on my fur?" She snapped. Wishing Lucas was be her side now. This had never happened before. Ever. Not under Joseph's rule. Did they really think it woukd be any different under Conner. The pack had strict rules and they were braking a few of the.

As she could smell Lucas getting close, Stacy let out a howl. Hoping her cry would have Lucas running this way. One of the males lunge and she attacked back. Not willing to simply roll over. Praying Lucas would get to her fast.

"He isn't pack. He can't claim you." One of them barked before hissing in pain. Stacy biting off his ear while he gloated over her.

“Maria?” Max called as he watched her get up and run inside, leaving him utterly confused. He didn’t know or understand why she left, so he put his plate and cup down to hurry inside after her. He followed her to a small room he was vaguely aware of as a bathroom, where she was getting sick and he quickly knelt down beside her as his hands gathered up her hair for her, it had seemed like it was getting in the way, and he didn’t want the gorgeous locks of hair to be ruined. Wanting to help and provide comfort, he began to rub her back with one hand in slow circles.

“Are you okay?” he asked, worried about her. Staying there with her, he began to wonder why the Alpha and Luna were there, the sun was still rising, and it seemed like everyone was still running around for something big and important. Was it time? Were they going to be part of the pack or was he forever going to be separated from his siblings? Staying at his mate’s side, he knew that no matter what he was not going to be able to leave her side, he felt too strong a pull to be with her and protect her.

Sarah huffed at him when he got mad at her for shifting, but she knew he was right. She wasn’t supposed to do it as often as she did, and she would heal far better if she would just stay in one form. But from years of travel and needing to change, sometimes often, injuries weren’t a luxury they had often allowed to heal properly the first. Still, she liked being wolf far better in her opinion, her senses were stronger, and she felt safer.

“No more shifting until healed.” She promised, glad for his initiation of the grooming because she did the same to his eyes and nuzzle. However, the moment he finally put the kills down was what she had been waiting for and she ignored anything else he had to say as she dove right in for the pig first. It had been a very long time since she got to taste one fresh caught. Sarah’s tail was still wagging as Conner joined her in the meal, more than happy to share. It hadn’t been the breakfast she wanted, but it was good enough and she was very pleased with it. She showed it, pausing to rub against Conner when she was chewing a particularly large bite.

Lucas was nearly back to where he had left Stacy, pulling what he freshly caught along when he heard her call for him. Immediately he dropped their meal and bolted to her side, leaping high over one the males blocking his view of her. She was his, how dare they disrespect that. He went into full defense mode with an angry snarl as he put himself only half in front of her, he saw that she could handle herself. Still, every pearly fang of his was on display, his ears out to the side like horns as his hackles went up.

“Back off! How dare you go after a female who’s told you no! The Alpha and Luna should have your hide! I should have your hide!” he snapped, teeth gnashing at their ears, paws and throats to make them back off. Even crouched low, his abnormally large wolf size was used to his advantage as he threw his weight around, not leaving himself vulnerable for more than a second. “Get out of my sight! Go to the pack gathering!” he threatened them with another gnash of teeth, this time drawing a bit of blood from each. Lucas was not going to relent, and he was more than prepared to fight. He was prepared to prove a worthy mate. Flicking his tail, he spoke to Stacy without moving his head to look at her “Go! Run and tell Sarah!” Because some it seemed, were not going to listen.

There was instant relief when Lucas arrived. He made her feel safe. She knew that it would have been a hard fight but she could have held her own. However having him there made everything better. As he said to find his sister she understood. Where ever Sarah was the Alpha would be. Plus his sister would have his back. Only leaving him alone was the hardest thing she could do. "I'll be very disappointed if you die on me Lucas."

With that she turned and took off running. Knowing no one was following. Lucas would hold them all off. Something told her he would always be there. Although the danger was real, Stacy couldn't help but to smile. Still, without him being named part of the pack, they could openly kill him. Following the scent of his sister and Conner, she went straight to where they were. "Help... Lucas needs help. He was protecting me and now theirs a fight." Her eyes dancing between the two as she tried to catch her breath.

Conner didn't look pleased at the news. In fact he looked down right pissed. "Take us now." He snapped. His voice saying he wasn't in the mood for this. "Sarah you can protect your brother but do not kill anyone." He only hoped Lucas doesn't kill anyone for that matter. It would become harder to make them members. "Stacy fill us in on the way."

Maria sat back in Max's arms. Resting her head back against him as she finally composed herself. "Yeah. I'm ok." She felt bad, embarrassed that watching the wolves eat in person made her stomach turn. "I've never seen... it was just a bit much to see your sister and the other eating." She was almost in tears. "And you said you like things um fresh?"

Gently she moved one of his hands to her forehead. The warmth helping to stave off the oncoming headache. "I don't want you to stop being you. That wouldn't be fair to ask that of anyone. I've seen animals hunt, kill, and eat on animal plant all the time." Maria turned into him. Why was he always so warm? It felt so good in his arms. "Seeing it in person caused a most unexpected response and it made me sick." He had been nothing but kind. Yet there were so many doubts not that this could work.

The wolves didnt follow Stacy but they didn't leace either. Now thier focus was on the wolf who interrupted their fun. "And who do you think you are... Alpha?"

Lucas kept growling low, backing up a few steps as he heard Stacy run off. His snarl never left his face, knowing that he was now alone made this more dangerous. But he knew how to fight, he knew how to defend himself and he wasn’t going to let anything take him away from Stacy. There would be no disappointment, no pain or blood. Not for her or him. He would have laughed had he been human as they tried to trick him. “I have never been an Alpha, but my sister is going to be Luna very soon.” He said, quickly needing to defend himself and hold his own as one lunged at him. It was a mess of snarls, growls, fangs and claws but he got the other down and had him by the throat as he kept his eyes on the others. He kept them all still, including the one under him with this threatening seen to take a life.

Lucas hadn't felt more relieved than he did when Sarah finally arrived and took down the male who spoke with such attitude and cockiness about him. He felt glad to have her there at his side, and doing much the same as him, keeping the males still and in place as they waited for the Alpha. Which he knew would not be very far behind his sister as his scent clung heavily to her. She was very clearly the Alpha's mate, the Luna. Even if she hadn't been formally announced as such, the proof was all in the scent that nearly masked her own.

Sarah had just gotten into one of the good parts of the pig when Stacy came running up and said her brother was in trouble. It made her swallow fast, casting a look at her mate. She snorted “I make no such promises for myself or him. Fools picked the wrong wolf to mess with.” She said, waiting with taught muscles ready to run. She had heard and smelt all she needed; the other wolf covered in her brother’s scent. So, she rubbed along Conner’s side one way and the down the other before she bolted down the paths to where she could hear fighting and came quickly upon a scene where her brother held one still, but he was outnumbered. Knowing her mate was behind her, but also knowing he is the Alpha, she ran forwards and leapt onto one to take him down as he took a paw step towards Lucas.

Even still with injuries from when she fought more than one other she wolf, she got the male down and stood over him snarling to stay still and giving the others the side eye so they knew not to try a thing or she would not be holding back as she had before. The females before had been spared, it had felt a mistake after and she didn't intend to have that happen again. As long as no one moved, she knew no loss of life would occur and everything would work out fine. But she also knew this would go much smoother if only they got to be three of a perfect defense. She was also ignoring the pain in her side, the male beneath her had torn open a healing wound and made it worse.

Max wrapped his arms around Maria when she sat back into his arms, pressing a kiss into her hair as he stole a breath of her scent. As she told him why she got sick, he wasn’t sure what he had been expecting but it hadn’t been that. So, he told himself that he was never going to eat in front of her in such a way. No matter what, unless he was defending her from bodily harm, his fangs would never get used like that in front her. “I do like things fresh caught, but what you cooked tastes great too.” He told her softly, letting her move his hand to her forehead. He breathed deep and calm, keeping her firmly against him as she spoke.

Nothing could stop Max from ever being proud to have Maria as his mate, and he placed another kiss into her hair. “You don’t have to watch it again. I’ll bring our food inside.” He held her still, not moving. He wanted her to tell him when she was ready to move, verbally or physically as she had by placing his hand where it still was on her forehead. “I also don’t have to stop being me. Whatever that means. I just, I don’t have to do such things where you see. If I choose to eat that way, I’ll do it away from you.” He promised in a soft, deep voice.

Last edited:
Oh that was amazing. Watching Sarah take care of her brother. He knew she would do the same for the pack. Wrestling the wolf down that would have attacked Lucas. But as the fresh scent of her blood hit his knows, Conner's vision became clouded. He was slower than then the others. Still hurt from his fight with Joseph. However he was going to make a sample of the one who made his mate bleed. "You." Conner said simply. Looking at the wolf under Sarah. All of the wolves grew still as Conner stalked the group.

"Alpha!" One of the attackers cried. "This one attacked us while we tried to talk to Stacy about... about..."

"Silence!" He snarled. "You dare lie to your Alpha?" All the wolves grew very still as Conner sniffed each one. Coming to the one under Sarah, Conner bared his fangs and tore open a wound in the wolf's side. The same place Sarah was bleeding now. "Everyone but Luna, Lucus, and Stacy get to the meeting spot." He brought his face dangerously close to the one he just injured. "If you and your friends aren't there in the front then I'll issue a pack hunt for you all." He wanted to kill them now. However he also needed to insure this never happened again. Not while he was Alpha anyways.

The air was ripe with fear and blood. All the wolves not pinned went running. Conner wasn't going to make Sarah let anyone go. But he did have Lucus release the wolf under him. Conner's full attention was on Sarah as he cleaned her. Less than happy that she was hurt again. "After this you will spend a week allowing me and the pack to pamper you." It wasn't a question or option but a statement. "Let's get you tended to." Worry and concerned for his mate. Two days he has been with this woman and both days she was hurt.

Stacy led the way but stayed back when they reached the fight. She wasn't a warrior or leader of any type. No matter what she wanted to do, it wasn't her place to punish them for their misdeeds. Only there in front of Lucas she wanted to show how strong she really was. Her eyes going straight for Lucus. Her heart stilled as she saw him holding his own. No one dead. One even pinned under him. He played, hunted, and protected. More of a wolf than she had known in a long time. Slowly she came up behind Lucas, dropping her head a little. Ears drooped as she submitted to him. "Are you alright? " She didn't smell much blood from him. So surely he was fine? At least he wasn't dead. Her voice low as she spoke to Lucas. He was in this mess because of her. He was going to think she was weak. She was sure of it.

"Now that's over, I really need to get back to rounding people up." Giving Lucas a light nuzzle. "You're still welcome to accompany me if you still want to." Not sure how he would feel about such an offer now. Only with what just happened she would feel much better with him around.

Maria wanted to cry. Why was he so good to her? Was this what being mates meant? A girl could get use to this. A man who actually cared for once. Always having him by her side was strange but it wasn't all bad. "Lets get out of the bathroom and finish breakfast." She finally said not sure she wanted to go back out. But it was nice out there. Something told her he would rather be out there than in here anyways. "We can go back outside. Its better then feeling locked up." All she had to do was not look. "Being you means not having to hide how you are or what you do from others." Maria added as she made it to her feet.

"I want you to see me in action for a day. How I work, live, how I am. And I want to watch you. I don't want you to hold anything back Even if you don't think I would like it." It might sound silly to most. But she wanted to see the truth of him. See what he was like before finding her. "No treating me like a mate. You have to act like I'm not around and be 100% yourself.

Sarah didn’t move as she watched Conner, tracking his every move as he circled the group before harming the one that she had pinned. The tang of her blood and the one of the male who was under her, quickly meant she understood why. She realized quickly that she was hurt, but hid it well, growling down at him as his friends took off, including the one her brother had, had by the throat. She didn’t plan on letting him go, he needed tending too as well, even if it meant he suffered a bit first.

Sarah snarled at the pack male as she slowly moved from how she had been over him to take a seat, paws to one side as she huffed at Conner “I don’t need to be pampered. I just want to finish that pig.” She told him, giving him a look as she turned to try and see her side. Even though he had cleaned it up for her, she wanted to see it, but it was difficult as a wolf. She growled in annoyance and needed to see the other healers again. “This is useless. I can tend to it later.” She grumbled but was following after her mate anyway back towards the building he called a clinic.

Sarah had heard her father say once, as she had been patching him up for a bullet wound, that healers were some of the worst to tend too. And he had never stopped telling her that he could do it himself, but she had needed the practice and made him stay still while she tended to him. Now, needing to have other healers tend to her, she hated it as much as her father did. Keeping her head turned away from them as they patched up her side, huffing in annoyance every time they did something to fix her. She had outright refused to lie down, if they were going to patch her up, she was going to make it as hard on them as possible just to see how good they actually were.

Lucas did as Conner asked when the time came, quickly letting the other male under him go before he was hurrying to Stay’s side and looking her over. But the only blood on her, was the remainder of when she tore the ear off. Licking at her muzzle, he cleaned her of the blood and nuzzled his head under her neck before he rubbed down her side. “I’m okay, they tried but I learnt how to handle bigger things than me when I was a pup.” He said, nuzzling her again. “You go do what you need. I’ll find you later.” He promised, giving her another affectionate rub and some grooming.

Lucas was reluctant to let Stacy go off on her own, but he had scent marked her again in an attempt to help keep her safe but he felt a deep need to help his sister and the Alpha once again. He turned around to see the male still on the ground, and he charged him with a snarl “I told you my sister was Luna.” He growled, herding him after the Alpha pair towards the clinic so he could eventually be tended too. Whenever that ended up happening. For all he knew, they’d leave the male to be treated after the pack meeting.

Max smiled at the strength that Maria showed him by requesting to want to go back outside, and he couldn’t help but smile at her as he slowly let her go so that she could stand up on her own. Slowly, he got up to his own feet to follow her out of the little room, but what she told him and requested of him, made it feel like his heart had dropped into his stomach. “Oh… I… I don’t know if I could hold back if I was watching you and something happened to cause you to be in danger. Or hurt.” He admitted to her in a soft voice, walking over to keep the door open for her so that she could proceed him outside. Following her outside, he frowned at the fact his sister and the Alpha just left their meal partially eaten.

“I’ll join you in a moment.” Max told Maria, making sure to kiss her cheek as he grabbed the cup off the stairs and moved it to the edge of the porch that had no rail and he trudged to the pig and chickens to pull them out of the path and out of the way of where his own mate could see. He didn’t want her to accidentally see if she didn’t have too. That done, and not knowing what else to do, he went back to the chair he had been sitting in and slow sat back down. “When did you want to uh, observe?” he asked, reaching for his coffee to take a sip with a bit of a crinkle when he realized it was cold.

Dyslexia Font

Conner smiled as he watched his mate. She was spectacular. Sarah was everything he had wanted. The way she took charge, the way she didn't let anyone simply push her around. She had been born for this. Conner nuzzled her lightly when as she was tended and cared for. "We need to address the pack then you can go back to your pig. I know its not the order you wanted. However after what happened this morning it's something that must be done without delay. "

Conner looked to the doctors and growled lower as he barked out. "Don't tend to the other wolves. Just don't let them die. Yet." He had plans for them. They would become examples for everyone else. No one would ever dare such a thing again once he was done. Looking to Lucus, a calculating look came into his eyes. "Don't be late to the gathering. Get your brother and his mate on the way. The second they were done with Sarah, he started for the gathering. Keeping her close to him. Rubbing against her as much as he could.

Stacy smiled as Lucas promised to meet up with her later. Her tale wagging as she went. Rocky morning or not, she wasn't going to let it stop her. The pack needed to be rounded up. The new members, the human, and the attack were all going to be covered. She knew it would be. After all, its how Conner had done things as Beta.

There was an extra little pep in her step as she thought about Lucas. Wondering if he would be willing to play more that evening. Loving how Lucas looked when he was on the prowl. Even better when she was chacing him. Worse the memory if him with the pups had been permanently burnt into her memory. "Males like him are rare." She muttered. Finding herself falling more for this male.

As Max walked off her eyes started to follow untill she realized what he was doing. Quickly she looked away. Maria laughed softly as she watched Maxwell wrinkle his nose after taking a drink. "Coffee normally isntgood cold unless its ice coffee. I can make that for you tomorrow if you like." The words shocked her. Was she really considering staying here? She felt safe yet this wasn't where she belonged. Was it?

"When?" Her eyes dropped down to her mostly empty plate. "When can we leave? I mean, when ever we can." It wouldn't work well if she was held here. She would have to get ahold of work soon or they all could end up with more trouble. "If I don't check into work then they'll send people out here looking for me." She said taking a bite. "And I can't have a person with me while I'm at work." Her eyes lit up as a thought came to mind. "You fully understand me as a wolf right? I can claim your a therapy.. dog." The last word very soft. "But it would allow you to stay with me while I work. You'll have to listen While I'm on the job." Just like she would have to listen and trust him around the pack.

Sarah huffed again in some annoyance because she couldn’t just go right back to her breakfast, but she knew that as Luna she needed to get used to this. The pack had to come first, and this was usually when she backed away from decisions and let her youngest brother decide because he had been good at it. But now, she didn’t have that chance to hide behind anyone, she needed to be there beside her mate to lead and show that she was strong. All the orders that she had once questioned, she needed to start giving to everyone else. To a pack she was going to get introduced too and made leader of all at once. Patched up, she got back to her paws and very carefully stretched out her body before standing and waiting to follow her mate to the pack gathering site. The way he rubbed on her so their scents were nearly one made her extremely happy.

As Conner left, Sarah made sure that she was walking beside him, pressed tightly to his side so that they were walking nearly paw step for paw step as they went. She wanted to make sure that even though she wasn’t pack yet, they would be seeing that she was Luna and their Alpha’s equal. Where he went, she went and sat herself at his side as she turned her head to groom him to add to letting them know who she was. She then leaned into his side as she watched her brothers and the human come running to stand not with them, but close enough they could come up to them when called. However Conner was doing this, she reluctantly moved away enough he could speak to the pack.

“Yes Alpha.” Lucas said, like he was already part of the pack as he took off running for the home that his brother had stayed in with the human. He ran swiftly to the far side, slowing down and stopping to sniff at the kill he had been taking to Stacy, letting out a soft whine because he never got to feed her, he rubbed on it to claim it further before he continued on his way. He rushed right up to them, panting. He glanced at the human, before focusing on Max as he stood before him “You and your mate are requested by Alpha Conner for the meeting. And it’s going to start very soon, possibly when we get there. We need to leave, now.” He said, turning to go back to the path. He stood there and turned his head to look at them, waiting.

Max offered a small smile to Maria as she spoke about what she needed to do as well as what they could do. He wasn’t so sure he wanted to be claimed as a dog, especially since he knew he was far bigger than most dogs were. He was bigger than most regular wolves were. “We’ll figure it out later. When Alpha Conner and my sister arrive, we can talk to them about what needs to be done.” He said to her softly, offering her a smile before his eyes were moving to the path. They were at the end of the path, so he wasn’t sure who could be running towards them. Not until he saw the very familiar figure of his brother “Lucas.” He greeted before frowning deeply. He didn’t like what was being said, but he knew that if this was where they were going to be, then he had to listen.

“We need to go.” Max said, slowly standing up to grab all of their things to take inside, he just put them wherever before coming back outside. Walking up to Maria, he offered her his hand as he gave her a reassuring smile “Alpha Conner is requesting us for a pack meeting. You’re going to see a mix of us as human and wolf. Anything said in wolf, I’ll translate for you.” He promised, waiting for her to be at his side before looking to his brother who was impatiently waiting for them on the path. “I’m not sure what’s going to be happening, just that we need to be there. Sarah, Lucas and I are new, he might be announcing us formerly as pack. And possibly more.” He said, afraid to say more because he actually wasn’t sure what was going to be happening.

Lucas waited for the pair before leading them along to where he saw the others running off too when told there was a meeting. As they were walking, he waited for the right moment as he looked up at his brother in human form and said “I promised to play with the pups later and told them I’d bring someone along. I was thinking you could come with me to play with the pups.” His tail wagged as he received a very happy yes. It meant at least he wouldn’t be disappointing the pups as he led his brother somewhat close to where their sister was, but not right up to where she was, they were amongst the pack. He didn’t actually know where they were meant to be, but he could see the male wolves Conner had threatened all cowering in the very front, the one with his injured side at least no longer bleeding.

Last edited:
"Later it is then." She agreed, not wanting to push him. After all, he was a wolf and she had to understand that. As Max said they had to go, she couldn't help but be a little scared. Maria looked to Maxwell. Unsure about all of this. They were asking her to walk into a pack meeting? A group of wolves. Still, he offered his hand as she took it. Staying close to him. He alone made her feel safe in all of this. "I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared." Maria admitted. However she didn't let her head drop as she faced this head on.

Stacy pranced back and forth as she looked for Lucas. It was almost time and everyone was about there but she didn't see him. Was he going to be late? Did he have something else to do? Her tail started to drop in worry. That was until Lucas, Maxwell, and Maria came into view. Stacy didn't hide her excitement as she dashed forwards to greet them all. "Just in time. Your sister and Connor are already here." She barked. "You all should probably go up front. I know you will be called on."

All eyes were on the males that were injured. Well, all eyes were on them until a human came walking through with one of the wolves found in the woods. A hush rolled over the area as everyone gaped at the two. Maxwell's scent was on her from the way they held each other. From simply spending time with each other.

"I bring this meeting to order." Conner howled out, feeling a bit stupid as he spoke. For whatever reason he couldn't remember how Joseph started things. "First business. No pack members will ever attack another. No one will ever be forced to mate. Finally, breaking this will have you stripped from the pack." Conner growled as he took a step forwards. "Those right there tried that this morning. As of now, it's open game on them and they are no longer members of this pack."

The wolves looked scared as they tucked tail and ran. No one chasing them while other business had to be dealt with. But they knew, once it was done, they would be in for a world of hurt.

"Now then." Conner said before having the siblings step forward. "We do have new members of this pack. Sarah, my mate and luna. Her brothers Lucas and Maxwell." He said before looking to Sarah with a wolfish grin. "They will be treated as pack always." He looked to the human and sighed. "Maxwell comes with a human mate. It needs to be put to a vote. Humans have been let into packs before. What say you."

After much discussion, it was agreed to let the human stay if Maxwell took on rank of Omega. This only made Conner chuckle deep in his throat. Omega was sometimes the strongest member of the pack and knew he could count on him.

"Very well, but if Maxwell is made Omega then I want Lucas for my Beta." There was a few grumbles but everyone agreed. Then the pack howled it out before heading over to greet the newest members.

Maria tightened her hand on Max's as she listened. Unsure as to what was fully going on. He hadn't been kidding when he said it would be a mix of wolves and people. There were so many there. It made her take a step closer to him, seeking protection. Seeking understanding.

Stacy wanted to yep out her excitement as Lucas was named Beta. She couldn't believe it. All three of them now held very important positions within the pack. He was her better. Hopefully he would still be able to take the time to play with her and hang out like they did the night before. "Welcome to the pack Lucas." She said. "Now that you are Beta, what are your plans?"

Sarah held herself tall and proud as Conner announced her as not just a new member of the pack but as Luna, though she couldn’t help rolling her eyes as he gave her wolfish grin. Still, she couldn’t help but be drawn to him as she got up to move forwards and nuzzle her head along his neck and under his chin before sitting herself at his side. The outcome with her brothers, had not at all been what she expected and had hoped that Max could have just been left to be a regular member of the pack to live his life with the human. They could have just been left alone, but instead, from the little they learned about ranks, he was stuck at the bottom. But he was still her brother, and after giving Conner a grooming lick, hopped down from where they sat above the others to go and rub along each brother for a moment before returning to her mate’s side. They were still her brothers.

“Anyone who catches those cowards, keep them alive. The one they’ve wronged gets to decide how they’re treated.” Sarah decided to say before anyone ran off after the ones who were no longer part of the pack. It felt only right to her, that if they had been trying to force someone to mate, as she was already sure as to who, then she was going to let her decide what happened to them. If she didn’t want too, then she herself would take the responsibility to do it. “Are we done? Can we have a day of celebration, and I can go back to my breakfast?” she decided to ask, casting a look out over the pack before she was rubbing up against Conner. Sarah knew she had him wrapped around her paw, and he had wanted to pamper her when all she wanted was a nice filling meal. A meal, that was going to have to wait further as her eyes fell to Max and his human mate, that he was guiding towards them. His six foot, seven and broad frame somehow looking small behind her.

“You’ll be safe, I’ll protect you.” Max had promised, holding Maria close to him as he kept his arm around her as they walked. He continued to keep his arm around her when they joined the pack for the meeting. And he did exactly what he told her he would do, trying to keep as quiet as possible as he whispered to her everything that Conner and any other wolf said. He couldn’t say he was sorry to see the others taking off, but even as a new member of the pack, he wouldn’t be given rights to them until they were already gone. There was no point in the chase for him. “Alpha Conner say’s you’re pack, they’ve agreed. But it means I’m Omega, I’m the very lowest of the pack. You’ll get more respect than I do, I think.” He said softly, gauging how he was going to be treated by how some of the others were looking at him. He cleared his throat and kept her close. “Sarah’s Luna, of course and Lucas… Lucas is under her and Conner, their second. A beta.” He added, pressing a kiss into her hair. “You have to ask to talk to them.” He said, gently guiding her to be a head of him. If he had any rights, he didn’t think getting to talk to his siblings was one of them. He rolled in his shoulders and ducked his head low as he kept his hands on Maria's shoulders so she stayed before him. What she needed, was not him asking, but he had to translate, so he tried to make himself smaller.

Lucas could not hide his surprise when he was suddenly appointed Beta, it had not been what he had expected. It was where he had been before, at his brother’s side, but this pack was far larger, their needs far greater. He didn’t even know what all of his duties were going to be. Being Beta of a large pack was going to have a steep learning curve, he knew. “Thank you, Alpha.” He said, bowing his head to both Conner and Sarah before he was wagging his tail and rushing to greet Stacy. He paused to allow his sister to rub on him, he rubbed on her in return in friendly greeting as the pack saw how much alike they looked as wolves. But what he was glad for, was that Stacy was going to be far more protected now than before, and he was going to make sure that he got to continue to spend time with her. He wanted to continue their bond, he wanted to have her as his mate and a great way to do that was their games of chase. He would find a way to make time. Nuzzling Stacy in greeting he didn't hide how big he was anymore, his tail wagging as he stood protectively beside her and said “Plans? I promised to play with the pups, so Max and I are going to play with them. After I make sure that you've eaten.” He said, looking to Conner for permission to leave before he was guiding her back to where he had left his kill. One now marked with his scent as Beta meant it remained untouched as the meeting ended.

“Go on. I got it mostly for you, so you can have the first bites.” Lucas told her, standing tall and proud as he showed off what he had managed to take down all by himself. It wasn’t large by any means, but it wasn’t small either and he’d been dragging it right back to her when she had called to him for help. He knew hunting down the traitors could wait, each of their scents was in his nose, he could find them if needed. But right now, he only wanted Stacy to be his focus, he only wanted to add to their developing bond and make sure she was well taken care of. And if he was lucky enough to catch one, he would be more than happy to take them straight to her as his sister had said too. Once Stacy had started to eat, Lucas joined her with his tail still wagging. Despite the rough morning, it was turning out to be one of the best days of his life.

Conner chuckled as he listened to her speak. "Yes, today we are going to celebrate all day and night. Go eat." Before allowing her to leave, Conner stepped out in front of Sarah. "And I like what you said. That Stacy gets to pick their fate. However I fear she is too soft and will let them live. I won't step on your toes in this. Just don't want those wolves coming back to cause trouble." With a quick lick to her cheek and a soft nuzzle. "Go on. I need to talk to Maxwell for a bit and the hu.. Maria. His new place isn't as bad as it sounds." Yes, he was the lowest rank a wolf could get. But that wasn't always a bad thing.

Stacy looked to Lucas with wide eyes. Was he ready for this promotion? He didn't know so much. Yet as he came over, looking proud, her tail started to wag. Instead she walked with him and started eating. Stopping to talk between hurried bites. "Playing with the pups? Oh they would like that." A low growl rumbled softly as she bit into a tender flank. Oh this was good. "Thank you for this. I don't always get to stop and enjoy a fresh kill." As he finally joined in eating, her tail went back to wagging. "The pups would make for a good game of hide and seek. Especially Becca, that young one is witty and finds all kinds of ways to trick the senses." Stacy was so proud of her male. Her male? Where did that thought come from? No, she knew. She was falling for this male who was now Beta.

Maria closed her eyes as she took in everything he was saying. They were making her part of the pack? Yet she wasn't even sure about this thing between her and Max yet. Worse, it seemed Max was now the lowers rank a wolf could get. Was it because of her? "They won't hurt you will they?" She whispered. Trying not to focus on the aura Max put off. His presence behind her was overwhelming. Even if he wasn't touching her she would know he was there. Standing behind her. Towering over her. Safe a little voice echoed in the back of her mind. With him she had something she never truly felt before. She was safe and protected. But how was she going to protect him if he was the lowest of the pack? Maria couldn't help but to feel like this was her fault.

Conner walked up to Maria and Max. There was no smile or happy greeting for the two. Trying to respect the human, he took a seat on his hind legs and looked to Maxwell. "I take it she knows? That she's pack I mean." He tried to keep the growls out of his voice as he spoke. But it was hard as a wolf. "And your omega now." Conner looked in the direction of Sarah then to were Lucas ran off too. "It's not all bad. The good news is I can keep you close. I know your probably stronger than most here. Possibly even me. So that means no other wolf will be bullied." However he also knew it meant others always acting like they were better. "You and your mate will have anything you two need or want. I'll make sure of it. You aren't here to be everyone's whipping dog. Mostly quietly watch. You will see more as Omega then I will as Alpha. You will do little things like help some of the wolves hunt, clean. Little jobs. It's not the best but being at the bottom can be just as important as being on top." Standing Conner walked over to rub lightly on them both. "I need to catch up with your sister. Today will be one of celebration. And Maria can do what ever as long as it doesn't harm the pack. She should be safe." With that Conner took off running to follow after Sarah.

Once Stacy was finished eating, she started to clean up. "So I get to say what happens to those wolves?" A part of her wanted to see them neutered. But she wasn't a fighter like the others. "Not sure the pack would be happy if I said to leave them be. They won't make it far on there own. Maybe." She had heard of lone wolves picking up packs. Living long lives. "I have enough to worry about and deal with." Nipping playfully at Lucas as she spoke. "Like teaching our new Beta the ropes." Jumping back her tell started to wag once more. "So, think you can really keep up with me and the pups? I'd like to see you try!"

Maria watched the wolf approach and tightened her grip on Max. It was one of the wolves she kinda recognized. She had seen him eating a fresh kill that morning. Yet the wolf didn't seem to mean them any harm. As the wolf finally left Maria's eyes widened. "I'm late checking in!" Looking down at her watch, she let out a hushed curse. "I really need to call into work. We don't need people crawling all over the place or DHS trying to take the kids, er.. pups away. They will have animal control out here shooting everything that moves." Looking back to the house they stayed in. "I really need to get to a phone now."

Sarah preened at Conner’s attention and rubbed against him in return before she let out a soft huff “They don’t know its her. I may be able to persuade her to go with her first instinct on what she wants, and then give the order on her word.” She told him, before she was glancing to her brother and the human. She gave him a nuzzle under his chin “Be nice but be quick or I’ll eat everything.” She warned him, giving his ear a teasing nip before she took off at a run towards where their meal had last been. It took her a moment to figure out it had been moved, but the fact that it was only Max’s scent on them meant she didn’t get angry as she went back to eating the pig with a gusto she hadn’t had since the previous year when she and her brothers had been unable to find a good place to hunt for months.

Sarah was through most of the pig when she heard paws coming quickly behind her, so she stopped eating to turn and look. Her tail wagged when she saw that it was only Conner, and she turned around the pig to show him that she had warned him correctly because she had nearly gotten through most of it before he showed up. “I told you I could eat it all.” She said, giving him a wolfish smile. “How did it go? She looked like she had questions.” She said, rubbing up against him before she went back to eating the pig, she had nearly fully eaten all herself.

Lucas wagged his tail as he ate at Stacy’s side, more than glad that she was at his side. He didn’t know how far the bond was between them, but he felt this deeper connection with her by doing this. Like she was already his and only a few more pesky steps were in his way. He needed to remember to find the pup called Becca to find out what she knew about hiding and tricking other wolves with scent. If she already knew so much, she could only get better as she grew. But it also didn’t mean he couldn’t learn and adapt the new things he could learn from this pup. Moving so that they could be touching sides as they ate, he was a very happy wolf that he got to bring her a fresh kill to enjoy.

Lucas turned his head to Stacy and groomed her muzzle of any blood that could be there as she spoke “There is enough of them, they could make it far. Especially if they know how to hunt as a pack.” He said, not wanting her to just slip out of the decision that their Luna had given her. “It’s a quick choice, you don’t need to worry about it.” He promised, before she was initiating play once again. “You and the pups! How is that fair?” he asked teasingly back, bowing before her as his tail wagged happily. “I should get at least one pup on my side.” He said, giving her a wolfish grin before he turned and hightailed it for where they had left the pups. He’d have to retrieve Max later to play with them, for now, he needed to get to Becca first.

“I don’t know.” Max said to her softly. He could only get so much lower before Conner spoke, and he stopped trying to make himself as small as possible. With a deep breath, he nodded “She knows. I promised I’d translate for her. I wouldn’t leave my mate in the dark.” He told his new Alpha, looking at him over Maria’s shoulder before softly whispering to her what was said. He wasn’t going to ever let her be in the dark when others were around. “Yes Alpha, if I know what to watch for, I can watch for it.” He promised with a nod, his arms slipping around Maria to hold her to him for a comfort. Max needed to breathe her in as he found out what was wanted of him in his new role. One he still didn’t know everything about.

Max then watched as their Alpha ran away to be with his mate, which meant he could tend to his own while he could privately. Only, her sudden panic set him on edge, and he let out a soft whine as he watched her. Maria wanted a phone and Max barely knew what that was, but he knew that the house they had didn’t have one. “I… I don’t know where one is. But I can run you home, if that works… We can’t let pups be taken.” He said, holding his hand out to her as he waited to know what she wanted to do. If he showed her his strength and speed as a human, he wondered if she was going to be okay with that or if it would scare her even more. How long did bonding with a human mate take?

That's fine. Eat as much as you want. You will never go hungry and will always get the first pick of meat while I'm around." Conner replied as he moved to be beside her. Watching Sarah. Rubbing on her when he could. Taking a small bite here or there. "It went well. Maxwell will have the most adjustment but I think he will fit the role perfectly." He doubted anyone would expect him to use the omega as a guard, a watchful eye over the pack. "Your family is safe and your brother's mates shouldn't work on't have any issues now." He had done it all for her. Knowing how much her family meant to Sarah.

"Now then, no work or school today. I want you to have fun today. Games, food, and getting familiar with everything is all you should be focused on." Moving to lick her ear as he spoke low. Not wanting to scare his mate. "Tonight I will mark you as mine. Be ready. I don't want to run the chance of anyone ever thinking your not claimed." Although by now the pack should know who she was. He publicly claimed her as his mate. Now he wanted to mark her. Leave his bite for all to see. "You will bare your neck for me at the bonfire."

Stacy didn't mind Lucas washing her the way he did. It was nice. A wave of contentment went through her. Rocking her down to her core. There was no surprise he was made Beta. The position suited Lucas well. Tentative, kind, playful, and strong. The kind of male any wolf would want in her life. The kind of male a woman would want by her side. "You really think you should have a few pups on your side?" Stacy barked out as Lucas took off running. She jumped back and forth playfully before taking off after Lucus. "Cheater!"

The playground was full of pups of all ages. Some were still getting use to their legs while others were close to adulthood. some were digging in the dirt while others tried to climb up the obstacle course. A few were stretched out lazily under a shade tree. One pup was on the prowl. Stocking some unseen foe. Her pick bow standing out against her smoky fur.

Never had Maria known a man to be so attentive to another's needs. He made sure she understood everything. Explaining all that was said so she wasn't lost in the dark. The wolves didn't seem so scary now that she had someone telling her what all the growls and barks meant. Maybe someday she would learn to understand them on her own. For now however she had more pressing matters on her mind. Learning her place in this pack as a human. Learning what it meant to be a wolf's mate. The more time she spent with Max the more she could see herself loving this man.

"Run me home? You can do that?" There was no missing the surprise in Maria's voice. Or her dismay that the house didn't have a phone. Then again, why would they need one? Taking his hand she nodded. "Whatever you think is the fastest." Giving his hand a light squeeze, allowing herself to trust him. She wanted to see him. Everything about him. "No holding back. I want to learn and know the truth of you." If this was going to work then she would have to accept him, all of him for who and what he was. "I just need to check in so work knows I'm safe and all is well out here. I'll keep the humans at bay for you all." As much as she could anyways

Sarah gave a nod as he told her that Max was going to have to adjust the most, because she wasn’t so sure about that. She felt like she was acting the most to fit in but having her mate at her side was making it a little bit easier. Eating with him also calmed her, but she was soon stilling, swallowing hard as Conner spoke right into her ear. It sent a shiver down her body she could do little to hide as a wolf. Where he wanted to mark her though, made her growl softly at him as she turned and pressed into him as she nipped at his ear again. “You can only mark me in front of the pack, if I can mark you in return.” She rumbled low into his ear, because even though instinct was telling her to take his mark, she wasn’t going to be the only one running around marked. If she is the Luna, and equal to Alpha, then she was going to make sure it was seen too.

“Think you can handle that.” Sarah teased, giving his ear another nibble before she rubbed along him and decided to initiate a chase. She winked at him before giving a flick of her tail and took off at a full run into the forest. She kept low as she ran, using bushes and herbs that naturally grew all around them to help cover her scent and his on her as she did all she could to make it hard for him to find her. She kept running until she found a nice place to hide, she backed into the spot and kept against the ground, ears up and alert as she waited. Would her mate be able to find her?

Lucas was grinning as Stacy called after him and he ran into the play area where all the pups were, panting for his breath. He cast looks around before his eyes fell on the pup who was practicing stalking, and he grinned as he watched for a moment before he called out “Which little pup is Becca?” he called, hurrying to that pups side he laid flat before her. “Want to be on my side in a game with Stacy and the other pups?” he asked, his tail swishing on the ground behind him as one ear turned and swiveled at the sound of his mate’s paws approaching. Mate? She wasn’t his mate yet, but the thought that their bond was getting far enough that he was starting to think of her as his mate brought some more excitement to him as he waited to know if the pup was going to be at his side or if it was only going to be him alone against Stacy and all the others.

Max offered a smile to Maria when she asked if he could really do that, but she needed him too. She needed a phone, and he didn’t know where one was, but he knew that she had to have one at her home for sure. He took her hand and pulled her to him, scooping her up into his arms as he pressed a soft kiss into her hair once again. “Alpha Conner did say that as long as no harm comes to the pack, that you can do as you want.” He told her, just breathing her in scent with his nose pressed into her hair. “Hold on.” He told her softly, waiting for her to grip onto him as he kept his arms firmly around her to keep her balanced as he took a deep breath and started to start running the way out back to her home. A home now protected by the pack Luna’s scent all around it.

Max wasn’t as fast as a wolf, wasn’t as slow as a regular human, but he was still very fast as he kept her in his arms. He slowed down as they arrived and slowly put her back down on her feet, pressing a kiss into her hair. “Fast enough to protect you and the pups?” he asked, giving her a smile as he released her from the safety of his arms to go ahead inside to the phone she needed to use to help keep the pack safe.

Conner laughed low in the back of his throat. Sarah was amazing. Always surprising him. The second she took off running his tell started to wag. Not in the mood to play. Yet if that was what his mate wanted then that's what she would get. He got a few more bites of the meat that remained before taking chase. After all what fun would it have been if he ran after her straight away. What he wasn't expecting was for her to mask her scent so well. All to quickly he remembered why he didn't like to play games. He picked up her scent for a moment around some herbs then lost her. Slowing down, Conner carefully stocked her. Trying not to run past her or lose what little bit of a trail he had. "Hay there little red riding hood..." He started to sing softly. It was an old corny song but he was oddly enjoying himself.

Pausing just past the place she was hiding before he kept going again. His lips curling up into a wicked grin. Flashing fang in the process. "What big eyes you have..." He growled out. Slowly he started walking once more. Dropping into a low crouch as he ever so slowly circled around. Without warning he jumped out as a hollowed out tree. yet she wasn't there. His amusement was tangible. "The kind of eyes that drive wolves mad.." He barely held back his chuckle as he started on once more. Knowing Sarah was there. But he wasn't ready to end this game yet.

The young pup looked up with big green eyes and pink bow. "OH! I get to be against Stacy!" The young wolf laughed out as she ran circles around Lucas. "I bet Billy will help too!" Full of energy and excitement, the pup was bouncing all over the place at the thought of teaming up against her favorite teacher.

Stacy stopped at the edge of the play ground. Quietly watching Lucas with the pups. She didn't know what was said but Becca was more than happy by what ever the offer was. Already another slightly larger pup was joining them. Letting out a low howl a hand full of pups came running at her. "Ok, we need to get Lucas, Becca, and who ever else joins them who's with me?" Almost a half dozen pups were ready and waiting to start chasing them. "Not yet. We need to wait for them to hide. This will be a good way to train and hone your skills. Winner gets a prize."

All the pups jumped back and forth with wagging tails. "Let's go! Let's go!" They yelped. Happy playful eyes all turned on Lucas and the two pups with him. Stacy felt her heart melt as she watched Lucas. She was lost to him. "No, I'm going to count down. It's not sporting if they don't have a head start. 1... 2..."

Maria gasped as Max swept her up into his arms. No one ever held her like this before. No one had ever made her feel so light and petite before. Not the way he did. Then when he took off running she inhaled sharply. At first she bared her face into his shoulder. This speed scared her. It couldn't be helped. She didn't want to be scared but a part of her still was. Holding him close as she tried not to look down. They were almost half way to her place before she dared to look. Maybe it wasn't as bad as she thought? The feel of the rushing breeze against her skin. Slowly she relaxed into his arms. By the time they made it to her house she had relaxed enough to almost enjoy it.

As soon as she was home, Maria left Max and ran to her phone. She listened for a bit before speaking. "Didn't you see your ID? I'm calling from the house. Power went out, cell is dead, so no alarms woke me up." Letting out a half hearted laugh. "Nah, This was an easier investigation then the one a few months back. All these people want is peace and to be one with the earth." Maria laughed loudly. "Not hippies. They aren't growing pot. Think the term is homesteaders. Their harmless. Honestly, they have one of the best homeschool setups I've ever seen." She talked for a bit longer before hanging up the phone. "ok, we have the all clear and I have a few days off work."

Sarah held her breath and controlled her heart rate to be very slow as she listened to him tracking her, coming so close she was able to watch as he went right past her. She needed to be quick, as she heard him start to circle back around again. Darting out on quick and silent paws, she went straight for the berry bush she could see and was under it rubbing in it as she turned her head back just enough to watch as he pounced right on her spot. She barely held in a chuckle as she weaved her way around under the bushes to get covered in the scent of berries before she was quietly sneaking off to the next place that she was sure that she was going to be able to hide in.

Slipping into another little hallowed out spot in another area, she slipped into a little spot and backed in, ready this time to run back to their home in the middle of all the pack grounds. She had a plan to get him alone, she just wanted to have him alone with her. Privately if she could, and their home seemed the best place for that.

Lucas wagged his tail happily as the little pup Becca happily agreed to join him and brought in a little friend of hers. He didn’t know the skills of this pup, but he was glad for both of them. Giving both a happily nuzzle, he began to whisper to them “If we’re hiding first, then we’re going to have to make sure we do so well. We leave clues everywhere, as many scent hints as you can and then, roll in mud and hide.” He said, before turning his head and listening to Stacy set some rules, laying out a prize. He had no idea what it was but seeing her surrounded by pups made his heart sore. She was really the perfect mate, and he nearly missed the cue to run.

Hopping around, he moved to nudge the two pups who chose his side “Go, go, go. Run! Remember what I told you and the prize is yours.” He said, keeping pace with both the pups to make sure they knew it was fair and that he was going to help them the absolute best that he could. He showed them how to rub on everything they were running past and leave a false scent trail before doubling back and taking off at a run towards a spot of mud. He rolled around and crawled through it, so his whole body was covered before helping the pups do the same. Then he guided them, trailing them off towards Stacy’s home because he was sure it was the best place to hide.

Max smiled as Maria ran ahead, slowly trailing after her into her home. He leaned casually in the door frame as he watched her as she spoke on the phone, tilted his head as he listened to only her. He was more than happy to only listen to her even though he could have easily listened to both sides of the conversation, she is his mate, and he was all he needed in his life to listen too outside of his Alpha, and Luna. He knew that he was also going to have to listen to pack member who needed assistance, but that was different. His Alpha had told him too, that he had to do the small tasks they required as they asked.

Max moved slowly towards Maria when she seemed to be done with the call, his arms going loosely around her waist as he bent his head just enough to breathe her in. He just took a moment to be with her before he was looking down into her eyes “So, what’s pot?” he asked her, pulling her a little bit closer as he processed the fact that she was going to get to be with him for a few days. Maybe, anything he got to learn about pack life and the packs, he could get to learn with her beside him. He’d have to ask Alpha Conner whenever they got back.

Becca was jumping back and forth as Billy simply followed. Not as bouncy as Becca. "Oh yes, rubbing is good." Billy rolled his eyes before Lucas had him running and rubbing on everything. "Wait!" Becca piped up. "We also need to roll in the chalk dust. It helps keep the mud on and blocks out the rest of the scent." Billy rolled his eyes "Yeah, cause then you smell like the class room." Becca stood nose to nose with Billy before trotting over to Lucas. "True, but everything hear smells like the school. It really helps." Billy and Becca rolled in the mud then went to the place where the grass was white with dust. Rolling once more before taking off after Lucas. "Where are we going?" Becca asked as she wagged her tail happily. "Someplace that's going to lead to trouble I'm sure." Billy added.

After giving Lucas and the two pups a sporting chance, Stacy let the pack run wild. All the pups were hitting all the marked spots but wasn't picking up on the trail. "Ms. Stacy, we can't find Becca or the wolf that was with her." Stacy sniffed a few times and smile. He was playing and helping the stragglers. Even if he didn't have to. He was beta now. It was only after one of the pups started pulling on her tail that she realized they were talking to her. Lost in thoughts of the new member of the pack. "Remember. They will rub on things to try and loose you. They will roll in things to try and hide their scent. What do you think they would hide in?" Sniffing the air a few times, she thought she picked up on Lucas once. "Come on, All of you against three. Surely you can find them." With that the pack of pups left the yard chasing down their prey.

Maria's heart started to hammer as she felt Max wrap his arms around her. The call was done thankfully. More and more she found herself reacting when he was near. Was it because she was his so called mate. Or was it because she was truly growing closer to him. "Pot?" She had to bite back a smile. He really was clueless. It was cute in an odd way. "Marijuana, Cannabis. A drug some people take. It's a psychoactive drug that also has some medicinal uses. Although the way I was talking about it was to get high. Not that anyone around here would care about that."

As he pulled her a little closer she couldn't help blushing. Wrapping her arms around him, she gave him a light hug before pulling back. "Would you like a drink or something to snack on? We could watch a movie of we aren't in a hurry to get back." Maria bit her lower lip lightly before taking an additional step away from him. "If we do need to head back then could I at least grab an overnight bag and maybe take our time walking?" There was a few things she was still trying to make since of. Like how did he find her? How long have werewolves been around. Who would know about them or try to hurt them. Over all they weren't bad. Just a bit scary at first. "We can play a game of 20 question on the way back or something. And I can bring some cards."

Conner growled softly when he found that Sarah wasn't where he thought she would be. Her scent was so faint. It was rare to find someone who could mask as well as she could. Not even the last Alpha was this good and he was one of the best in the pack. Quietest damned paws he had ever heard. But he was Alpha now and would have to hone those skills. Maybe Sarah was the blessing he needed in more ways than he thought possible. Although frustrated his tail wagged slowly.

Suddenly it hit him. Something had crushed some berries. Yet by the time he made it to the bush, she was gone. Her scent was gone as well but the faint scent of berries trailed off. He grinned as he followed what he hoped was Sarah. "All good things Sarah.. comes to those who chase." He was loving the teasing. Although he didn't start out in the mood for a game of chase. Conner was quickly finding himself enjoying it. Enjoying the challenge of her. As if he couldn't love her enough already.

Lucas was surprised to hear little Becca tell him that chalk helped keep the mud on them, and further hid their scent. She was a brilliant little pup and was going to make a great leader in the future when she got older, he was so sure of that. There was no way she wasn't going to end up in a prominent position, that or he was going to take her on and train her to end up in his position in the future. Still, he copied the pups to end up covered in the chalk, leaving them unable to hide as naturally as he would have liked, but there were other ways to make sure they were never seen. In time. For now, he kept leading them back towards Stacy's home. "Squeeze in under the stairs or hide under her home. If we smell like your teacher, it will take them longer to find us." he said, rushing forwards to stick his head into one of her rose bushes to take from the back, trying to be as careful of the thorns as he could.

With a few roses in his mouth, he was approaching the pups to rub the flowers on them. While they didn't fully smell like Stacy, that lingering scent of roses that was always on her, was now all over the pups. "Hide." he encouraged before he was rubbing himself in the rose bush and crawling as best he could beneath the house and turn around to watch and see if anyone found him. "Now its a waiting game... If they get close, we have to wait until they won't notice and we run to try and find a new place to hide." he told them, carefully curling himself around the pups.

Max blinked a few times and smiled as Maria explained things to him, though he wasn't sure what getting high was, it didn't sound like a very enjoyable experience. What could be better than having his mate at his side and the ability to go out into nature? As she asked if he wanted anything, he couldn't help but smile and watched as she moved away from him. He didn't like not having her close, but wasn't going to hold her close if she was searching to move away from him. "We can stay here for a bit, I think that Alpha Conner would like it if we went back by the night fall." he told her, reaching out his hand to rub her arm. "Can I have more coffee? You can pack things if you want, and we can um, watch a movie... What are movies? What are cards?" he added, slowly moving away to give her some space to watch her. "What is twenty questions?" he added, as it occurred to him that he didn't actually know what that was. Was he already doing it by asking her so many things, or was it something else entirely?

Max kept his distance from Maria as he watched her, trying not to make her uncomfortable as he eased himself down into one of the chairs at her kitchen table. The bond kept telling him, and demanding of him to wrap his arms around her to hold her close to him. But she is a human, there was no way she would feel the pull like he was, there was no way she could know how badly he just wanted to breathe in her wonderful scent from her. Her home smelled entirely of her, but it was better when he could hold onto her. Did his sister go through this? Or was it because he gave in with his whole body and soul? Was it possible for bonds to be different? Was his different and he felt it more because his mate wasn't a wolf like he was?

Sarah wiggled further back into her hiding space, listening to the sound of Conner getting closer. She realized that she might have made a mistake by rubbing the scent of berries into her fur and was cautiously turning her back on the opening to start digging as quickly and as silently as she possibly could. She was then rubbing around in the freshly dug dirt before taking a peek out to see if she could figure out where her mate was. It was going to be a risk but as she had waited there, she realized that she wanted to play this game with him a little more. It showed off a skill of hers that she rarely got to display and on top of that, she found that she liked testing out her own mates skill in searching. Sarah didn't want to run out of the opening she had came into, but going over also meant that she could get seen. She looked from one to the next as the sound of Conner got steadily closer. How fast was her mate?

Peeking out once more, she saw that he wasn't looking and darted out before running around the spot on quick and quiet paws before running to the edge of their territory. She didn't leave, she knew that was too dangerous as an unmarked Luna, so she ran along the edge before she was darting quickly back towards the main area of where the pack houses were. But Sarah didn't run all the way there, instead she was rubbing along some herbs and dirt once again before seeking out a place to hide. She had wedged herself under a large rock that barely had space for her to fit and she curled up to wait and find out if Conner was going to find her. Was her mate good enough in his tracking skills and as Alpha that he would be able to locate her? Would their bond give her away?

Billy looked less than thrilled as they had the flowers rubbed on him. Crawling under the porch as Lucas told him to do. The pudgy pup had a bit of a time getting his fat gut squeezed under the stairs. Becca on the other hand let out a girlish squeal of delight as she got to play in the roses. Rubbing on as much as she could on the buds before following Lucas under the house. Although the eager pup was having a hard time stifling her laughter. "Mr Lucas, do you have a mate? I bet she is real pretty." Becca said as she curled up with the two. "Boys don't want mates. That's sissy stuff." Billy groaned. Rolling his eyes. Tired of always hearing the girls talking about finding the perfect mate.

"The pack of pups was off running through the town. Sniffing and trying to find a trail. A few had made it all the way to Stacy's house. Only to look confused and head back to the school. Stacy wasn't far behind everyone before calling out. "Remember, there is safety in numbers. Packs are stronger when you hunt and work together." Letting out a sigh as two of the older males were fighting for the right to lead everyone. "Boys. Always thinking their going to be the next Alpha." Stacy wagged her tail lightly as she finally took off after the kids. Pausing to scratch in the dirt a few times to let Lucas know she was aware of him. But not ready to stop the game just yet.

Maria laughed softly as he asked for coffee. "I can do that. Would you like to learn how to make it? It's not hard." Moving into the kitchen, she pulled out the coffee pot and started to fill it with water. Pointing out a line on the side. "This is all you need for about 2 cups of coffee." She said then grabbed a filter and the grounds. "Put in a spoon full of coffee grounds up here then press the button. Now we just have to wait." She wasn't sure what to make of all his questions. It was kind of strange to her that he didn't seem to know so many basic things. Had he been wild all his life? "Well 20 questions is just that. We each take turn asking and answering questions about each other. Like where did you go to school?" Coming back out of the kitchen with two steaming cups. "Do you want honey or cream in your coffee this time? Not sure black was your thing."

Maria sat down the stuff before walking over and giving Max a light hug. "Let me pack a small bag and I'll put on my favorite movie. We will learn as we go I guess." Or he would. She liked playing solitaire and blackjack. Maybe he would like it too? Or was she hoping for too much? It was wrong wanting him to fit into her world. But she wasn't sure where she would fit in his. "I'll be right back. and don't worry, we'll be back before dark." Giving him a light kiss in the top of his head before going up the stairs.

Conner was getting closer. He knew he was. He could smell the berries. Although he was starting to lose the scent. with a low chuckle Conner stopped where he last had a good scent of Sarah. Yet she still wasn't there. Oh this woman was going to drive him wild. Feeling even luckier that she was his now. More than ever he wanted to claim her. So he missed her at the first hiding spot and now the second one. Was she heading into town? "You can't run for ever Sarah." He teased.

Maybe two could play at this? Although it wasn't his forte, Conner rolled in some dirt and took off running once more. Following false leads as he tried to follow different trails she left. Taking him straight to a dead end every time. On occasions members of the pack watched. Not saying anything too him. Anyone else watching might think he was angry or after Sarah for some reason. All he really wanted to do was pounce and snuggle his mate into submission. However this side of her was nice. She was a naturel born leader.

Lucas snorted, trying not to laugh as he listened to the pups argue with each other slightly and he gave both a bit of a nuzzle to stop them as he said "No, I don't have a mate. Not yet. But you're right, she is very pretty." he said, resting his chin over the two squirming pups at the sound of many thundering paws. He encouraged them to be quiet as he watched and waited to find out if they had been caught. But this was a test for the pups, he had already lost against Stacy, he knew when he watched her scratch the dirt and he huffed. "Your teacher knew we were here, you're lucky the other pups didn't he said, knowing they were safe there until one of the sides gave up. But that didn't mean he couldn't help the pups learn more, or at the least, the little male.

"You know, boys want mates too. And they can like to snuggle as much as a girl can like to hunt. We can like different things and still be ourselves, one thing isn't just for boys or girls." he said, still curled protectively around the pups. "How about a run? We make them look even harder by going to pick some new herbs for the new Luna? She loved working with herbs." he told them, giving them a gentle nudge to lead him out from under the house behind her stairs. "Then after we have, we can go let everyone else know we watched them walk right past us a whole bunch of times." he added with a big old wolf grin as he stood and stretched out his body before giving a shaking that sent some of the chalk dust and mud flying from his fur. He liked that they could keep playing the game and do something for someone else at the same time, which was what he wanted to show them that even during tense moments when they needed to hide or hunt, if they could do something else to benefit the pack, than they could.

Max watched Maria make the coffee with very careful eyes as he wondered if the one in the house that was his, in the pack territory was the same, though he would probably try to do as she had before to make a whole bunch of it to share. He had a feeling that he was always going to have to share his coffee. "Honey, please. That made the coffee taste better before it got cold." he said, reaching out to take the warm mug into his hands and cradle it before he was smiling as Maria gave him a quick and light hug, calming some of his want to hold onto her and keep her close. "Uh, I also um, I didn't go to school." he told her, aware that she probably had. "Where did you go to school?" he asked in return because it felt like he was supposed to ask her that as he carefully added and mixed honey into his coffee.

"I'll wait here." Max agreed with a big grin as Maria placed a kiss on his head, much the way as he had been most of the night before, and most of the morning. It filled him with a content and happy feeling, looking up at his mate with that grin from before still in place as he watched her go upstairs. He was starting to realize from the very few days that he had been with this pack, was that they didn't just wear one set of clothing, that they kept extras all over for those that shifted quickly at will. Humans, he knew changed, but he didn't realize how much until he was slowed down to pay attention. Joining another pack, he was forced to slow down and had been blessed to find his mate. He hadn't been aware of such things and now he had Maria. Max was sipping thoughtfully on his coffee as he tried to figure out what a movie was and what it was going to be like. He had to learn to fit in better if this was where he was going to stay.

Sarah was trying hard to hold in her amusement as she watched Conner from her safe hiding spot, watching in amusement as he followed all the little trails she left for him. He kept getting lost and going in the circles, she could even see the pack members who were starting to pay attention to what he was doing and trying to figure out what was going on. After a few minutes of watching him, she decided to give him a break because she was getting a little cramped laying all curled up under the rock and the patched up cut on her side was starting to hurt. Carefully and slowly she wiggled her way back out from her hiding place.

Stretching out her body, she shook out her fur before going around to climb up onto the very rock that she had been hiding under and stood tall and proud as she wagged her tail. "Conner." she sing-songed over to him, waiting for him to look her way before she was turning and bounding off of the rock to start towards their home. Sarah knew that she needed to get there before he caught up to her, so she went as hard as her cut side would allow her before she flattened out close to their home and half rolled onto her uninjured side, breathing hard as she turned to look up at Conner as he approached. Sarah was breathing hard, but she didn't look like she was going actually surrendering to him, just that she knew she was at her limit and didn't want to get flattened in his rush to get to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back