• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Pack Life - Yhmera

Stacy was walking about in wolf form. Wanting to join in the fun like the rest after the busy day. The silver wolf was a bit smaller then the rest with slightly rounded ears. Her little canter was almost like a dance as her tail swayed behind her. Ignoring everyone who walked up to sniff. Like the siblings, she was adopted into the pack. Maybe that was why she had a soft spot for the three. Trying to help them as much as she could. Some hunters had trapped her as a pup. And for the longest time she didn't dare to shift. It wasn't until Joseph and Conner found her that she started to learn about herself and why she did what she did.

"Lucas. Joining in the fun?" She yipped, trotting over to the wolf. Is this your first bonfire?" Her eyes danced in the flickering firelight before loosing some of the joy. "Tomorrow your brother, Maxwell, is going to need you. He might need you tonight once your done with this." Taking a step closer, she gave him a quick sniff. "Anyways, they will party all night long. There is much to celebrate tonight."

Conner laughed at his mate as he took her hand into his. "I can do what ever I want woman." His tone was rough but his eyes danced with amusement. Not truly meaning any of it. Holding his free hand out for the pills, he looked at her. "Open up." His eyes staring into hers. Ready to feed them too her. "This is where you will work and learn. You from them and them from you. It's a two way street. So think of this as your first lesson." He wasn't going to take no for an answer. Realdy to see the color rise with her frustration and excitement. Waiting to see how long he could keep her like that.

As the other wolves finally were allowed in for healing he almost laughed. "I can't believe she allowed you to live. No honor just like the old alpha. But that changes now." With out warning, for all to see in the room, he pulled Sarah closer to him as he pressed his lips to hers. "You will make a great luna with your knowledge of natural healing." His lips brushing hers as he spoke. Slowly pulling back to see the reaction of the others. They all knew their place and their tail hung low as they tried to avoid his gaze. "Now if your up to it, lets go party."

Maria kept herself still as he pressed his nose into her hair. Not sure why she didn't mind it when she felt like a prisoner. His answer made her cheeks darken. Especially after the way he inhaled her scent and kissed her forehead. Her eyes went to the window then to him. After a bit she nodded, taking his hand. Although she didn't miss the way he led her. Guided her as if worried about something himself. As they started to move away from everything she saw this as her chance to run. To leave. "Max... I.." She bit her lip as she tried to get the courage to run. Her voice trembling as she spoke. It was like two voices warred over what to do. Stay with him or run away while she could.

"I'm sorry. I can't." Her heart was pounding so fast. She didn't see anyone around outside of Maxwell. This could be her chance. If she could just make it to her house. Oh god, she loved so close. But not for much longer. She would be moving a few towns away after this. Maybe? He kept saying she was safe with him. That he wasn't going to hurt her. How she wanted to believe that. She did believe it. But right now there was just too much and she couldn't deal with it any longer. Taking a deep breath, she tried to pull away from Maxwell to take off running. Just wanting to leave this place behind.

“Of course. They’re partially for my sister… I’ve never seen a fire so big.” Lucas admitted as he gave a large wolf smile to Stacy, giving her nuzzled greeting and a few sniffs. His tail had been wagging when he found her, taking in her scent. But her next words had him flattening his ears as his tail drooped. “I’ll find him and check on him early in the morning.” He told her, before his attention went to the others around them and let out a soft sigh. “Can you tell me what this is all for? I know its for Conner, but its for my sister too, isn’t it? Because she’s… Luna?” he asked, looking at her as he took a seat and curled his tail around himself. He was ignoring the playing going on around him, while waiting for her answers, he was scenting the air around him and kept turning his head towards her.

Sarah glared at Conner as he said that he did what he wanted, before holding out those infuriating little things she didn’t like the smell of. She gave a soft growl “I don’t see how these help, they don’t smell as good as the herbs.” She told him, giving his hand a push but despite whatever they had given him, his hand didn’t move. Her cheeks tinged a faint pink as she wasn’t able to resist the look in her mate’s eyes, and she took them from his hand. “These can’t be as good as my healing tea.” She grumbled, very reluctantly taking the little things he had been holding out to her. They tasted horrible, and she quickly downed the water one of the healers had been holding out to her. “Ugh, those are disgusting.” She said, turning her glare back down to Conner.

Sarah’s attention was diverted as the door behind her opened and the others had walked in, ones she quickly learned from Conner, she shouldn’t have spared. She was pulled off balance as he kissed her, which she smacked his chest for. But there was no denying that it warmed her on the inside, and she melted down into him, closing her eyes as she kissed him back. Her first kiss, stolen by the man who smelt so good, who gave her equal reign over what had been his pack. Looking down into Conner’s eyes, Sarah let out a soft sigh, a faint red tinge to her cheeks before turning her head and getting back to her feet. “Are you sure you’re well enough? You should be resting.” She told him, moving around him to check on all of his injuries from the fight that he had been in. She grabbed a healer “Is he okay to leave? Can he shift?” she asked, because her father had always taught her that as a wolf heals, he or she were better off staying in one form.

Max felt the tension in Maria’s body as they walked, and he held her a little tighter to his side as they walked further and further away from the sound of celebration. He looked down to her s she said that she was sorry, and he shook his head “You have nothing to be sorry for. Everything changing is my fault.” He said, honestly feeling that everything she was about to be exposed too, everything that she was about to learn, was going to be his fault. He’d finally been graced with his other half, but she was human, and she could walk away from him far easier than he could. She was trapped with him; she would be confined to wherever they decided to make a home. She deserved better than him. But while he could, he would make sure she stayed safe.

As Maria made to break away from him, Max caught her arm in a firm grip that would not harm her as he tugged her back into his chest. “No, don’t run. You risk far too much if you run. I can only do so much to protect you if you run.” He said, his voice deep and full of emotion. Her wrapped his arms firmly around her and continued out of the pack’s small town, village, whatever it was. Max was going to keep her safe, even if it meant she didn’t let him into her home, he was going to keep her safe. They made it out, and he relaxed his arms around her, ready to go wherever it was that she lived. Max wasn’t going to make the new Alpha, his sisters’ mate, and his sister, any madder than he probably already was by leaving with her. “You should be safe out here.” He said, watching her and waiting to run with her as her body had told him she was going too.

Stacy nodded as she watched Lucas. As he sat down she joined him. Laying down on her side with the tail still wagging ever so slightly. ""Yeah, it's for your sister as well. It's also for the death of the last alpha." His question was a familiar one. "Ever pack has ranks and they are very important to the flow of things. Alpha is leader. Beta is the alphas second, and Delta is the third and in training just in case something happens to Beta." It was a lot to take in as she went over little things. So if Conner died right now there would be fights for Alpha, beta, and delta.

Rolling over onto her belly, Stacy stretched out a bit. "But those aren't the only ranks. Luna is a title given to the Alpha's mate. It's a strong wolf with the ability to lead like the alpha. If she wasn't with Conner then she would have probably taken up title of Salutary, a healer." Her own title seemed rather unimportant compared to the others but she didn't mind. She liked where she was at in the pack. "I'm a guardian. I take care of people in the pack. Not like a healer would. But like what I'm doing with you now."

Stacy moved back to a setting position as she picked herself back up a little. "And here is a secret most wolves have a hard time believing. The omega isn't always the weakest. Yes, he is the lowest in rank. But sometimes there are reasons for the pack to make the strongest the omega and not the alpha" Standing back up, she wagged her tail playfully. "Now, are we going to go have fun or what?"

"Good girl." Offering a soft smile. "Yes I can shift." He said answering Sarah for the healers. He didn't need anyone's permission to change forms. The change was slow as he let out a soft grunt but he still shifted back into the form he liked the most but got to be in the least.

The doctors looked to Sarah then to Conner as they all snorted out their discontent. "Your reckless Conner, always have been. Your mate is just as stubborn it seems. Come back if anything opens up or if you start to not feel well. We don't need anything happening to either of you. With that the doctors started working on the women that came in. Sarah had done a number on them.

Maria gasped as she tried to run only to feel him catch her arm. He was firm yet he didn't hurt her. Her breath caught as he brought her back to his chest. Why was he so worried about protecting her? Even better question was why did she want to be held by this man. As he wrapped his arms around her once more she relaxed. She really did feel safe with him. Like Nothing in this world could hurt her. "Max.. Maxwell what are you protecting me from?" The words hardly a whisper but she knew he would hear her.

She wanted answers. Wanted to know what was going on. Maria was never one to simply do as she was told. Always the first to step in and help the underdog when it was needed. But this time she felt like she stepped in over her head. Maybe the town was right and this place was a cult. "Your all going to kill me aren't you. Your some devil dog cult or something?" No, that statement wasn't true. Max wouldn't kill her but the rest of them would.

Letting out a slow breath, trying to keep her calm as she pointed out the direction of her house. "I live that way." As he loosened his grip she started to run then stopped. Why was she running from him when he hadn't done anything? He even took her out of that place. Instead she stayed close, not being able to see in the dark well. Just wanting to feel safe in his arms. "Wish I had by flashlight." Maria said almost with a laugh. If all the things to want, she wanted a light to see with.

Lucas sat there and watched Stacy as she explained to him more than he expected about what was going on, and he was glad for it because in secret it meant that he could share the roles with his siblings, with his brother most especially. It helped, knowing that his former role had been Beta, but much like her, he had also been the guardian. Small packs meant mixed roles, it seemed. Yawning, he moved his body into a bowing stretch as she got up with a wagging tail. His own tail began to wag “Yes, we can have fun.” He said, reaching over to paw at her as his butt stayed in the air. He was trying to entice her to approach him, and the moment she did he popped up and gave her a playful push before he turned and ran, weaving through other members of the pack.

Lucas wasn’t used to having such a large pack, but he was going to use it to his advantage as he played with Stacy. She was going to have to work for it as he dodged and weaved, rubbing along some of them to distract and cause them to be obstacles. He found his way around to the other side of the fire, where he turned and stood, waiting with his tail wagging happily. He couldn’t wait to see how fast she got through to find him, because he was ready to take off again as soon as he saw her.

Sarah growled at him when he called her a good girl, but that turned into a growl of annoyance as he started to shift. It looked painful with how slowly he shifted, and she shook her head at him and the other healer. “Your healing would be faster, and safer if you stay in one form.” She scolded, casting a glare across the room at the healers who just let him shift. It took her a moment to remember he wasn’t just Alpha, but also her mate, it was her job to look after him like her father had looked after her mother. “No more shifting, you stay like this until you heal.” She told him, moving around him to check and make sure none of his injuries had reopened before turning her back to him.

Sarah took a deep breath and shifted, still not used to doing so in front of others any longer but knowing that it would be best and the fastest if she did so there. Shaking out her fur, she stepped away from the coat that had fallen off of her and she went to rub along Conner’s side. She found out then, that much like her younger brother, he was a large wolf. He was taller than her, but she didn’t care in either form. Sarah gave him a nudge before trotting out the door ahead of him. She had not been prepared for the greetings from the pack and jumped before turning to look at Conner, moving back to his side as her blue eyes scanned over all the wolves there. Unconsciously, she was seeking out her brothers.

“The… The animals.” Max answered her hesitantly, keeping Maria close as he answered her question vaguely as to what he was protecting her from. He didn’t want her to see all of his kind walking about freely and was sure that she was just blocking out all the howls and various vocalizations of the wolves walking about behind them. They were largely ignored and for that he was glad because it meant that they got out easily. It meant they were followed, but he still cast a look over his shoulder as they got closer.

“What? No, I won’t let them kill you. They aren’t going to kill you… They aren’t a… A cult.” He said, not even sure that that was, but he was sure that’s not what a pack was. If anything, they were just a large extended family. He let out this sigh though, as she took off running from him as soon as he was able. He had been ready for it, and had been able to follow her, but she didn’t get more than a few steps before stopping. Max tilted his head, but smiled as he walked up to her and gently put an arm around Maria’s shoulder to keep her close as they walked in the direction that she had pointed in.

Walking, Max guided her over and around things on the forest floor as the path disappeared. “A light? I could make a torch, if you really wanted but it might mean they could see and follow us.” He said, though he didn’t want to tell her that he could see alright. It wasn’t perfect vision, but he could tell where things were on the forest floor as he walked with her towards her home. The closer he got, the more he began to pick up traces of her around them. She spent a lot of time in the woods and that made him excited and proud that she was his mate, because it meant that she liked being in nature as much as he did. When he found another path, he was sure it led to her home and removed his arm from around her as he reached down to take her hand instead. “I… Do you mind if I sleep on your couch?” he asked, because even though he wanted to be closer, he still couldn’t leave her there alone. It was her couch, or outside on her back step as a wolf.

Stacy wagged her tail as she watched Lucas run. Oh this was going to be fun. It wasn't long before he disappeared into the crowds. She gave out a little growl before taking chase. Sniffing the air, sniffing people that smelt a little like him. Weaving in and out as she went. Pausing a few times to sniff the air once more. The smell of burning wood and smoldering embers made it a little more difficult. Not to mention the number of wolves walking around. His scent was starting to get lost in it all. Not that she would let that stop her.

Circling a few times before taking off running once more. Finally she was hot on his trail. Jumping out beside him from behind the fire. "Boo!" Stacy barked almost jumping back and forth in her excitement. Watching him running once more. The wolf in her was enjoying the chase. Most fun she has had in an a while. Always to busy taking care of everyone else in the pack. "Run all you want. I'll catch you!" Her eyes danced as she lunged forwards in a burst of energy. Wanting to catch him and pin him to the ground. He was her prey now.

"Yes dear. I'll stay in this form until I'm healed." Conner barked out. The doctors snickering as Sarah put him in his place. Probably the first time he had ever agreed to listen to anyone. He laughed as Sarah checked him out. Making sure nothing reopened. Then as she shifted he couldn't help but to watch. Wagging his tail. "Come on, the pack is waiting to meet you." She was going to have to get to know everyone. It was part of her duties now. To help lead and guide them all.

This might have been his alpha party. But he was going to focus on her becoming a member of the pack, along with her brothers. "You and your brothers are family now. We will need to find them and introduce them as well. After all. It's important that you all mingle and become one with everyone. "We will make the announcement right before the huddle." His nose gently nuzzling Sarah's ear before heading out. She had said she liked to sleep in a group. So hopefully she will like tonight.

As they walked on she could feel the forest shift around them. The dim moon light was more than enough for Maria to recognize a few familiar land markings. She really was close to them. Closer than she wanted to be now. As Maxwell pulled back and shifted to simply hold her hand, she didn't try to pull away. Although without his warm arms around her it suddenly felt rather chilly. "The animals are going to hurt me?" Maria repeated back. "So you all are training attack dogs. Why? Why did you join or move there? You said you are knew to the group?" Letting out a slight sigh as he said they weren't a cult. So what where they? His answers were only leaving more questions. She almost laughed when he suggested making a torch. "That's ok sparky, we don't need to burn the forest down."

It was like he knew they were almost to the house. Although she couldn't ever recall him being there. No, she would have remembered a man that looked like him. His eyes held something unique to them. There was something lethal about him, almost predatorial. It made her nervous and excited all at the same time. "You want to sleep where?" She stuttered. Um.. can't you just go back? I mean... " Maria paused as she looked at him. Thinking over the request. It had been a rather long walk. Maybe too long to have him simply walk back. "Fine. On the couch. If I catch you near my room then I'll shoot you. I sleep with a 22 under my pillow." Really it was in her side table with no bullets in the gun. But he didn't need to know that. "And your leaving as soon as the sun is up."

Lucas caught her scent a moment before she was springing up on him, and he jumped away, bowing to her playfully before he took off running at not quite his full speed. He laughed happily, tongue hanging out as his tail wagged. “You can try! I’ve been traveling for eight years!” he called back to her, absolutely having a blast with getting to play in a safe place, they didn’t need to stop or hide at every little sound. They were getting to bond and showing each other their strengths when it came to this running. He was also testing her tracking skills as he dove once again into the pack, rubbing and crawling under them. He then went as close as he dared to the fire and laid down, positioned and ready to spring up and take off yet again.

Sarah’s eyes found one of them with easy, he looked almost exactly like her as a wolf. She couldn’t help but smile as she watched him play, glad that he was already making himself at home. Because this place, it was home now. She turned her head into Conner as he licked her ear, and she gave him quick grooming lick over his eyes. “I can find them, just be mindful of your wounds.” She told him, giving him another lick and a nuzzle as she took in the fact that most of the pack was watching them. Since she already knew where one brother was, she took off on swift paws straight into the pack that was playing by the fire and sought him out with ease.

Sarah came running up low to the ground and moved in to lie down beside her brother, grooming him for a moment as she told him they needed to be introduced to the pack, all three of them. She jumped when Stacy suddenly appeared but recovered just as quick and raised herself up, greeting her warmly as she rubbed along her. “Can I steal my brother for a bit?” she asked, glancing between them as she wondered if something was starting between them. Lucas looked like he needed to say something, but was holding back.

Max let out a soft sigh as they walked down the path and steadily got closer to her home, but she left so many questions in the air with a verbal threat to stay away from where she slept. He had planned to sneak up and sleep on the floor at the foot of her bed, but he didn’t wish to impose or take a chance at her finding him and being shot. Instead, he took the time to think as they got closer. He took a deep breath and then looked back at her, his eyes looking into her expressive brown eyes. “There is so much more happening at that place than you see.” He told her, giving her hand an affectionate squeeze. “They found us the other night, sitting alone by a fire. My sister, my brother and I have been traveling around the continent for the last eight years. They offered to take us in.” he told her, having pulled her to a stop to look into her eyes as he looked deeply into her eyes.

Cautiously, Max reached up and gently brushed hair away from Maria’s face to tuck it gently behind her ear. “If we hadn’t ever come this way and if they had never taken us in… I might have never found you.” He added, offering her a soft smile. “You are my other half. And however, you want this to go between us… I’ll do it.” He told her, making a promise that however his mate wanted to do this, he would do. Because his mate is human, however she wanted to do this, was up to her. But in time, he knew that she was going to need to know what he really was. “How about you go ahead and get ready for bed? I’ll make sure its safe out here.” He promised her, giving her hand a kiss as he gestured for her to continue down the last of the path to her home.

Trailing after Maria, he made sure she went inside by herself before he was moving to be where he hoped she couldn’t see at all. He set his clothes nicely hidden to the side and then sprinted into the surrounding trees in his wolf form, and he marked them with his scent or claws to make sure everyone else stayed away. If he was allowed back to the pack or not, he needed to keep his mate safe.

Maria blushed as Maxwell moved in to tuck some hairs then kissed the back of her hand. She honestly didn't understand it. This feeling she had while being with him. Yet when he called her his other half she took a step away from him. "Your other half? You don't even know me outside of my name. Frankly this predatorial vibe you put off kinda scares me." Folding her arms over her chest as he ushered her to keep walking. "I don't see this going anywhere because there is nothing between us." No, there was an attraction she couldn't explain. A part of her liked the idea of him being her other half. "That's how we end up with cheating husbands and underaged mothers ready to kill everyone." Maria muttered. Thinking about her case before this one.

Heading into the house she considered locking him out. Still Maxwell hadn't once tried to hurt her. Claimed they were fated to be, said he was protecting her. But not once was she scared because of his actions. Shaking her head she headed to the hall closet to grab some extra pillows and blankets. Setting the items on the couch. Questioning her sanity the entire time. "Max?" Maria frowned realizing he didn't come with her. Maybe he went back? "Some other half." She muttered Burying her face into the pillow she had grabbed for him. Finally safe in her home, she let the exhaustion of the day's events wash over her. Curling up on the couch, not wanting to walk upstairs to her room. Then it hit her. He was found by that place the other night. The same night she ran across something going on in the woods. Sure she didn't get a good look. Having turned back when she heard something that sounded like wolves. Hugging the pillow to her, she closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep with the questions that danced in her head.

Stacy watched Lucas dance around before running off once more. He was too much fun. None of the others played with her like this. She found him the first round. The second was proving to be more of a challenge. "Doesn't mean you can trick me!" Stacy howled out. Taking her time to track him. She was just about to find Lucas when Sarah gave his location away. Trotting up, she greeted Sarah before giving Lucas a glance. "To be continued?" She asked Lucas before taking a seat. "Looks like you're in demand tonight." Stacy wasn't ready for the game to be over. However she wasn't going to interfere with the siblings. "Just promise to return him when you're done. We still have to find out who was better? Me or him" Her words were playful. No hints of seriousness. Yet her tail still drooped at the thought of his leaving with his sister.

Stacy sighed as she moved away. Looking around the pack. She might be a guardian but on nights like this, she felt all alone. Conner was going to be announcing some new members to the pack. After all it would be hard to make Sarah Luna if she wasn't part of the pack. Moving back a few more steps. she curled up quietly, waiting for whatever was about to happen.

Conner chuckled as he followed his enthusiastic mate slowly. Allowing her to do as she pleased. He wasn't far behind when Sarah found Lucas and was grooming him. As he made it to the group, he turned and greeted Stacy. "Having fun I see. I take it the day went well then with the human?" He asked before setting down. "I expect a full report. If we're lucky this will keep the humans off our back for a while." He knew things didn't go 100% to plan. Hopefully, it would be enough. Looking back to Sarah. "There's one. Where's the other so I can make the announcement?"

Stacy whimpered softly hearing the question. "I might have told Maxwell he could take the human home. She startled a pup and the pup forgot that the human was going to be here. So the pup almost attacked her until Maxwell stepped in." Stacy started to explain. She let out another whimper before looking to Lucas who was going to soon fully understand why Max would need him. "The human needs to be questioned because it seems she lives very close and might have seen something. She's been a scared little rabbit every since. Worse I think she's also Maxwell's mate."

Conner rose to his feet as the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. "Go home Stacy and don't leave until we get back. You put us all in danger. None of them understand the rules of the pack yet!" He turned a hardened gaze to Sarah. "Find your brother. We need to track him and the human down and bring them back." This day wasn't turning out as planned. He didn't want to be Aplha. But he couldn't let Joseph touch Sarah. He needed the human to be on their side. But he can't let her blabbing if she saw anything. Moving to stand beside Sarah he dropped his head slightly. Flattening his ears in the process. "I don't have plans on hurting your brother. However if he fights me on this I have to do what's best for the pack first."

Max had stayed outside long after Maria had gone inside to get ready for bed, because he had needed some time to think. He had shifted and was sitting with his legs folded in front of her door as he looked out over the trees. She had pushed him away, and she had called him a predator… Did she suspect? Did she know? Why was this so hard? Why did his mate have to be human when his sister was gifted a strong wolf? His brother would probably get a wolf. Growling at himself, his fingers went into his beard, and he scratched his cheek before getting up to his feet. Reluctantly he went inside, slowly and quietly as his nose was overwhelmed with her scent. Once inside, Max couldn’t help but explore, slowly walking around until he found her on the couch, and he deflated at how absolutely adorable she was. He covered her up, tucking more hair away from her face before pressing a kiss to her temple before he decided maybe it was best if he just slept outside.

Sarah’s ears went back when she found out just where her other brother was, and she watched as Conner got right into scolding Stacy. She wasn’t sure who’s side she was on, but then Conner was looking at her and reassuring her that he didn’t want to harm her brother. But his life was still on the line, and she knew it. If he had found what she had, then he knew there was no way he would let any harm come to her. She gave her own mate a nuzzle and a few grooming licks as she turned back to her brother. “We’ll bring them both back… But we might need Stacy, she knows the human.” She told him, trying not to show any fear by keeping her tail high as she knew a leader was supposed too.

Lucas had given a soft whine as the Alpha, and his new Luna sister were told where Max had gone. If he had chased after him, maybe then Stacy wouldn’t be in trouble. He slowly rose to his paws but his head and tail low as he waited to know what they were going to do. However, he couldn’t help but going around to the one who had probably helped his brother the most, by probably telling him he had found his mate. And she was going to help him more, because the information she had given him on ranks, meant he could pass it along to him. He nuzzled her and sat close to reassure her despite the scolding and orders.

Sarah gave Conner another nuzzle, feeling the tense moment for what it was and she gave him a few licks before she gave Lucas a nudge. “Come on. Let’s go find him.” She said, knowing she needed to be cautious of a few of her own injuries. Stretching her body, she set off on swift paws with Lucas right at her side, only a few inches taller than her. Nearly every marking in their fur identical as they ran through the pack and down the path, following their fading brothers scent out of the pack grounds and away.

Lucas hurried ahead of Sarah as they got close to the home, the humans scent every where. But when they saw what Max had done in the hopes of protecting her, Sarah had to fix it, she needed to declare the human protected over their brother’s scent and marks, so he hurried to try and get their younger brother’s attention. He let out a soft howl as he sat and waited by the door, where his brother scent was strongest. Patiently waiting to talk.

Max had jumped to his feet at the sound of a howl, glancing at Maria before he was heading for the door. The moment it opened, he was hit by a familiar scent, and he stepped out while closing the door to talk quietly with his brother as their sister’s scent came to his nose from time to time. He listened to the information given to him, about how the both of them had to go back. But he wasn’t sure he wanted to take his mate back to the pack, he knew what the risks were if they returned. But as his eyes went to his sister, he knew he didn’t have a choice. She was giving him a look that he used to give her. So, he got up and returned inside to retrieve his sleeping mate.

Sarah finished remarking all the trees that Max had and went to where her two younger brothers were talking, and she sat down as she gave them both a look, she had gotten many times over the years. It was one that said there was no questioning what the orders were, it needed to be done. But they did what she hadn’t done, they listened without question. Which made her feel relieved as Lucas returned to her side, and they waited for their brother. When he came out, she nudged Lucas to walk on one side of him as she took the other and they started back towards the pack grounds.

Lucas did as he was told, glancing up at Max and the human as they headed off towards the pack grounds. As they were heading back, he decided to share with both of them what Stacy had told him about the pack ranks and what he was sure their ranks had been before and what they were now. Only, the two brothers didn’t have ranks anymore, it was only their sister who did and how she was above them now as Luna. He tried to keep his voice low as he told them, aware that if he woke the human, she wouldn’t understand a word he was saying.

Max had gone inside, and he carefully wrapped Maria in a blanket before he was lifting her up into his arms. It broke his heart to do this to her, moving her as she slept to wake up somewhere she thought that she had gotten away from. She was terrified of the pack, and he knew it. He didn’t like this order, to return her to a possible death. But he would face his own end, if they tried to harm her because he wouldn’t live without her. He felt uneasy about the walk, with Maria in his arms and a sibling on either side in wolf form. But he stayed silent as they went, his heart rate increasing the closer to the pack grounds they got.

Arriving back, it was Sarah who went in first and seeking out her mate Conner to rub along his side. “We have them, but she’s asleep. The pack’s too loud, they’ll wake her before its time.” She said, wondering if they could get the pack to be quiet enough to move the human across to the house she and her brothers had slept in the night before. "I don't think she knows what we are... Max never said she did." she added as she turned to look back at where she knew her brothers were waiting.

"Be careful. There aren't many hunters around here. Still, a few do linger from time to time." He said, watching Sarah leave. Already feeling the loss of her presence. Conner growled low at the situation. This day was going from frustrating to bad. And it was about to dive head first into madness. "Stacy take some clothes and follow them." He didn't shift but he wasn't taking it as easy as Sarah would have wanted. Heading over to the party, Conner barked out. "I need a few warriors and a few guardians to come with me. NOW!" Looking around he wasn't ready to stop the party just yet. "Everyone else remember, we don't attack humans here." Conner barked at the pack. A few simply agreed before going back to the fun. Turning Conner walked off to start making plans.

Stacy felt bad. This was her fault. She didn't see an issue with them leaving. Didn't know this day would end up as it had. Her ears drooped and tail tucked between her legs. She trusted Maxwell would bring her back after she was calm and rested. Should have convey that thought to the alpha. "Clothes and follow. Right." She huffed. Grabbing a few sets of unisex shirts and sweats. Then she took off, knowing the others had a huge start on her. Why was she having to go? That normally wasn't part of her job. "Right, Conner willed it." With the clothes bundled up she took off for the forest.

Maria moaned softly as Maxwell scooped her up. "Max.." Maria muttered ever so softly. followed by a few words that were more gibberish then anything. Shifting a few times in his arms before settling back down. Resting her head against his chest with one hand curled into his shirt. It was like she was meant to be in his arms. Even in her sleep she knew it. At least she wasn't about to wake any time soon it seemed.

Stacy whimpered as she realized she missed everyone somehow. They must have walked right by her. As quickly as she could, the silver wolf turned and started back to the farm. This time she was hot on their trail and closing in fast. Not daring to fail Conner again. She had hoped to have reached them before catching up with Maxwell but that didn't seemed to be the case.

Conner had 4 warriors and 2 guardians waiting for when everyone returned. As soon as they were back, Conner could smell his mate. Deep down he was relieved that she made it back ok. Not really caring about the rest. It was his mate he feared for. As Sarah joined him, he nodded. "Take the warriors and guardians with you just in case." He nuzzled Sarah lightly before addressing the pack. Making them disperse and to be as quiet as possible. No one was to be in wolf form until further notice. Or at least not around where the human was at.

Maria's breathing shifted as she started to wake. Her body went stiff for a moment before forcing herself to relax. Trying not to clue anyone in on the fact she was awake. Wolves were everywhere. Worse, she could have sworn one turned human before running off. Maybe two became human? Her heart jumped at the thought. A curled hand tightened into Max's shirt. Not sure if she was scared, angry, or both. Closing her eyes tight she decided to try and not see any more. Maybe then she could say she didn't know. Still, how was she going to trust Max or any of them after this? Especially with him talking to the wolves. He was talking with them, right?

Stacy caught up huffing, almost out of breath. "Got clothes... caught up..." Looking around, her ear twitched slightly. From the looks on everyone's face this wasn't good. At least the pack was quiet and most of the wolves were out of sight. All but Sarah, Lucas, her, and Conner. The warriors taking up strategic positions around the group. While the two guardians started talking about how they would interrogate Maria. All she had to do was corporate. At least those six were human in form.

"Maybe if we drug the human?" One said. "No, you get them drunk." Said the other before looking over at Stacy. She only shook her head at both of them. "No." She whimpered. "This human is different. I think if we left her at home and talked to her open and honestly then this all would have worked out much better. She is very grounded. Hell she might even been open to the idea of us being shifters. Either way, lets get her somewhere before she is awake." Stacy gave Maxwell a knowing look. "I think it would be best at this point if you two find a quiet room and simply talk. Then the rest of us can join in."

Conner wasn't liking the orders Stacy was barking out. But he had to trust she knew what she was doing. After all, she spent most of the day with the human. It wasn't even her first trip out. Slowly he turned his focus back to Sarah. "How are you feeling after that run? You didn't stress yourself to much did you? I mean, your feeling ok aren't you?" His focus should have been on everything else. But with her there beside him. He had to take time for her.

Sarah affectionately rubbed her head under Conner’s chin as he kept checking on her, she wasn’t used to being so highly valued. “I’m okay. The run wasn’t stressful, and we walked back.” She told him, giving his muzzle a lick. “We have other things to worry about and I’m fine.” She told him, watching as her brothers came back into the area meant for the pack.

Lucas came trotting in beside Max, watching him with very careful eyes as a bunch of the pack were running about to hide. He wasn’t sure what was going on, but he knew that he was better off in human form if the human his brother was carrying woke, so he headed for Stacy. “You’ve got clothes?” he asked, knowing he could grab his clothing from the house when they got there. When she gave him something to put on, he shifted and dressed quickly before falling into step at his brother’s side as support.

Max swallowed hard as he walked back in and kept going slowly, the only comfort he had in this moment was the fact that Maria was nuzzled into him and clutching at his shirt as she continued to sleep. They were a few steps down the path, steadily walking when he felt the subtle change in her body and how her hand clutched tighter at his shirt. He bit back a whine, not wanting anyone else to know she was awake. There was nothing he could say without giving it away, so he pressed a firm kiss to her temple and held it there for a few steps. His way of saying sorry, of admitting his guilt.

Sarah gave Conner another affectionate rub before she was heading over to Stacy, because she was quickly coming to the realization that she couldn’t hide here when it came time to shift. If it needed to be done, then it had to happen, even if others could see. With a deep breath, she grabbed a set for herself from the other she wolf before shifting to get dressed as well. “Go take care of the pack. I’ll come find you once we’re done.” She told her mate, going to him to run her fingers through his fur. “No shifting.” She added, giving him a look before she was going after her brothers. She needed to do this.

Lucas was trying to listen to everything all the others were saying, wanting to know if he needed to be the calming voice of reason like he usually was, but Stacy was right there and seemed to be the voice he usually was. He couldn’t help his smile “She’s right you know. This one could have raised alarm as soon as she got home, but she didn’t.” he said, taking a few jogging steps a head to open the door fully.

Max swallowed hard as they walked, because at least he didn’t have to worry about Maria coming to any harm. Stacy had voiced that his mate was different, but he also knew that she was strong, and he was going to have to be the one to tell her that he was a wolf. That they were all wolves here and then wait for the others to join in on that revelation. The door being opened for him made him realize that this was all about to happen and there was no going back now. Walking inside, he made his way over to the couch and gently put Maria down, brushing hair away from her face, his heart clenched as he said “You don’t need to pretend to sleep anymore… I know you’re awake, and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to… I wanted to do this when you were ready. Everything is about to change for you.” He told her before he was sitting on the floor, putting her above him physically as well as emotionally.

Sarah made sure no one else was in the house as Max began to talk with the human, but she left the door open and both she and Lucas could be seen sitting on the stairs. She sat right at the top and was talking very softly to Stacy. “Thank you, for all that you’ve done so far. I’m going to make sure you don’t get into too much trouble if I can help it.” She glanced at the other wolves sitting there, as if making sure they were far enough away before she added in an even softer voice “We weren’t informed about mates like we should have been while growing up. He wouldn’t have known what she was if it wasn’t for you.”

“I think she saw some of the pack shift.” Lucas interrupted softly, gesturing with his head back towards the inside where the conversation was happening without them, and to him that was the most stressful thing. They had rarely been apart their whole lives and in a matter of one day, everything was changing, and he was starting to feel like he was getting left behind.

“Tell me what you saw when you woke up, and I’ll answer all of your questions. I promise, even though I brought you back here, that I will do everything possible to protect you. Its my job to protect you.” Max told Maria, looking up at her with a vulnerability in his eyes as they shone with unshed tears.

Maria tucked her legs up as she looked down at Maxwell. For everything going on, she was horribly calm. Probably just waiting for the shock to wear off. She looked him over a few times. He was curled up like a well beaten dog. Pressing her lips in a frown as she thought over what to stay. "Protect me or protect yourself?" The words came out more bitter than she meant. A nervous half laugh rang out as she tried to keep it together. "What I saw?" Maria asked. "Do you want to know what I saw? You talking to..to dogs. Wolves? Or the fact two of them went from..." Not being able to finish those words she sucked in a sharp breath. "Do you..are you?.." The words she wanted to ask just wouldn't come. Was he a dog too? Did he change forms like the others? "At least now I know how you knew for sure that the dog wouldn't have attacked."

She grew quiet again as she rocked herself on the couch. Thinking this all over. Trying to be logical about it all. "You call me your other half but I'm not... I don't." Maria gritted her teeth. "You were the wolves I saw the other night while I was jogging. Weren't you?" Looking away from Maxwell, she closed her eyes. She wanted this nightmare to be over. "What are you? Is that why paw prints cover the ground more than footprints?" Even in her calm rage, she wanted to drop down to the floor and tell him it was alright. But things weren't ok. The world of what was real and what was fairytale had just been shattered.

Stacy joined Sarah and Lucas out front. Very quiet at first, simply looking between the siblings. "You two look a lot alike." Same build, the same fur." She said before looking to the open door. "How's it going in there? Do you know?" This all started with her allowing the human to walk around on her own. SHe knew better. Or did it start when Joseph showed up? She didn't know anymore. At least Conner hadn't yelled at her for that yet. "Anyways, congratulations on making it into the pack already. Even though its not official."

Turning her gaze to Lucus as she smiled softly. "Do you know where you want to try and insert yourself yet? You would make a great guardian I think." Stacy was trying her best to keep the conversation light. Hoping it would all turn out well. You could even try for Beta or Delta." She said with a smile. He would make a great leader. Especially with his calm level headed demeanor. "Sorry but neither you or your brother seems like the warrior type." Stacy almost laughed at that. Sure he could probably step up. But she couldn't see himself bring to be that way all the time.

Sarah was right. There was much he had to do. Hanging around in wolf form wasnt going to get any of it done. "Don't get use to giving me orders." He snapped before licking her cheek and running off. Patrolling the grounds to make sure everyone was listening. This wasn't the night to be testing his patience or pushing the boundaries. No, tonight they would have to be careful. They were compromised and a human affected. Hopefully if nothing else went wrong then they all would make it through this. The gates at the start of the drive were locked down. And the additional exit gates were secure. He couldn't find any breaches in the walls or security that was set up. It was all to protect them from the humans. Not the other way around. They just wanted to live peacefully. Or at least most of the wolves did.

Slowly he started to make his way back to Sarah. Even though he had things to do, he couldn't seem to stop his feet. Needing to be around her. Knowing that she was hurt like he was. He didn't want her to be left unprotected. Yes, she had the warriors and her brothers. But they weren't her mate. They wouldn't fight the same as he would. Conner was sure of it. Not that there should be that much danger. He just had to be with her and make sure danger never reached her.

Max cringed at the bite in her words but knew in more ways than one that she was right. Was he really trying to protect her or was he just protecting himself? No, it was her. She didn’t deserve a life on the run, never getting a chance to settle down with him a constant shadow in the dark trying to make sure she stayed safe. That wasn’t a life. Slowly turning his shining grey eyes back up to her, he cleared his throat “You startled the pup, but he understood every word I said, as I said it. He wasn’t meant to be there in that form… I am what they are. I am what you saw the other night… I am wolf. And you are my other half, you are who I was meant to spend the rest of my life with… And I don’t know why you got stuck with me.” He told her, before he was looking back down. “You deserve better, another human.” Max told her, letting out a sigh he stood up and pulled his shirt over his head and then turned his back to save her some embarrassment as he dropped the last articles of clothing to shift to his wolf form. Shaking out his fur, he showed her his full height for a moment before he laid flat on the ground and looked up at her with the same grey eyes.

Sarah smiled at Stacy as she noticed how alike they looked “We should look fairly close to the same. Mom said we were supposed to be fraternal twins, but that Max was a pleasant surprise.” She told her, glancing over her shoulder at him. “Triplets… We’re triplets, and he was the runt.” She said, aware that he was the biggest. But even with his imposing frame, he looked so small and beaten as his mate verbally scolded him. She wanted to go in and help him, but held back, waiting for the right time. Conner’s scent proved to be a distraction though and she turned her head to look for him, reaching out a hand for her own mate to tangle her fingers in his fur and wondering just how much he heard. “He’s just telling her now, let them have a moment.” She whispered to him, wrapping her arms around him to keep him right there. Her own claw marks and bites were not happy with her two shifts already, so she just wanted to keep him close as a comfort to make sure that things were going to be okay.

Lucas waited for his turn to say something and got when the Alpha showed up. He moved out of his way to give him priority in being close to the Luna. He then went to stand at Stacy’s side while he kept one ear turned towards the open door. “Do you really think I could beta or delta here? Or… Would I get more time with you, if I was a guardian too?” he asked her with a smile, showing off a brilliant smile framed by a well trimmed beard. He was starting to feel a draw and a pull towards her, which left him wondering if he should ask if she felt it. But she barely got to answer his other questions, as he heard his brother shift and moved swiftly away from her, around his sister and just into the door frame in time to see the large figure of his brother in wolf form lay down and present his belly to the human. “He’s surrendering to you… Whatever you decide, you’re deciding for you both. We were taught as," he paused for a moment "As young ones to always look after your kind, no matter what. He always took it seriously.” Lucas decided to tell her, glancing over his shoulder out the door where he knew the others were waiting to come in. “Please, I don’t want to lose my brother.” He told her before he was bowing his head and moving a little more into the room to clear the door frame.

Sarah heard what Lucas heard, but she let him go first because his entire being was like a calming force and if he was calm, then she would be calm. Holding firmly to Conner, she waited a minute before standing up and walking through the door with him. If he was here, she knew that she wouldn't be able to send him away again under the guise of looking after the pack. So, she tried to make sure she was holding herself at her full height to look strong as she entered with Conner. But her mate being there with her did something to Max she hadn’t expected, and his posture made her worry about the outcome. Celebration didn't need to be tinged with sadness. “Hello. I don’t want anything to happen to you, or my brother, but we need to talk to you about what you just learned. Some take the information you were just given, and they hunt us, kill us… They think we’re evil monsters, beings out to hurt and kill, but we just want to live in peace.” She said, looking at this human and her fearful defensive posture. “I’m Sarah, my brother Lucas over there, and this.” She knelt to affectionately run her fingers through Conner’s fur “This scary looking one, is my mate and the Alpha of the pack Conner.” She said, hoping that by practically petting him, it meant he would let her handle this. She didn’t want to risk him re-opening his wounds by shifting to human, he needed time to heal.

Max had stayed on his back as Lucas came in, but when Sarah’s scent came in with the new Alpha’s, he was rolling back onto his paws and moving to stand in a protective way before Maria. He hung his tail low and folded his ears back to show he didn’t want to fight, that he wasn’t a threat, but he would also do anything to protect his mate. His eyes were like steel in their resolve, waiting and listening to those talking around them. Maria wouldn’t understand him, or Conner, so he made a plea to the Alpha after he was introduced. “Please don’t harm her Alpha, please… She’s strong, she could be an asset to have to deal with other humans. I don’t want to lose my mate… Please.” He got a little lower in his posture, and tilted his head, showing his throat. “She didn’t know until we came back… She saw some of them shift.” He added, hoping that in doing so, he kept them both safe.

Almost as soon as he shifted the room became full of other people. Everything was so overwhelming. "A wolf." Maria muttered. Trying hard not to panic. She wanted to run screaming. Maria looked at Lucas not fully understanding. "Why would you lose your brother?" As Sarah walked him Maria sighed. Not sure how to answer before looking back to the wolf. He went from submissive to aggressive. Or at least to her he seemed aggressive. Taking another deep breath she looked to Max and reached one hand out slowly. "Do.. Un. Do you know who I am like this? Are you going to attack me?" But the one introduced at Lucas had already said Maxwell was submitting to her.

Stacy stood in the doorframe. Making sure no one came in or out of the house from that door. Her eyes were on Lucas. The man was something else. The embodiment of calm. He would make a great Beta or Guardian. It wasn't her place to tell him what to be. Although one position had to be appointed by the Alpha. The more she watched him the more she felt it. A small ting of attraction. Were they starting to form a bond? It was rare for two that weren't meant to be mates to form a bond. But it wasn't impossible. In fact. She was almost sure that was what was happening. His question about spending more time together made her heart skip a beat. Stacy was sure if she was in wolf form her tail would be wagging.

Conner looked to Maxwell then to the human. Finally, he lightly nuzzled Sarah. "You're doing good." Turning his gaze back to Maxwell he sighed. "Have I killed anyone yet? Think about it. I didn't even try to kill you three after you so rudely walked into our lands. Your mate's reaction to this all will determine everything. Her answers. He looked to the outstretched hand. "And your right. She is strong and brave. She could be a big asset to this pack." Conner took a half step back and sat on his back two legs.

"Do I look like a hunter to you? I'm a freaking social worker. It's my job to help people." Maria snapped. It probably wasn't wise but it was the best she could do. Her crises training was failing her. Not once was there ever anything over running into a pack of wolves shifting people. Or what to say so they wouldn't eat you. OH! and not to forget the fact one of them thinks you're meant for him. "Am I scared, yes. Do I hunt and kill, no!" She paused for a second as she looked at the wolf that was Maxwell. "No, I don't want to kill you but I do want to learn and understand."

Stacy looked relieved. Her instincts about the human was spot on. It looked like this was coming to a close. "Lucas, come we me and give them some time." Her voice was soft. Not trying to give any orders. She wasn't the authoritative type. It wasn't her place. "Maybe you can stay with me for the evening?" There was a hopeful look in her eye.

Conner growled softly before looking to Sarah. "Lets go. Your brother seems safe enough. We will try to announce you all as part of the pack in the morning." He turned a cold gaze to the human than to Max. "Whatever you do, don't leave this time. If she proves to be trust worthy then we will find a way to adopt her into the pack. I'm Alpha and can do that if I will it." With that, he looked at Sarah once more. "You're hurting. Lets get you some rest and tended too."

Lucas felt the tension that was hidden in his shoulders ease, and he let out a soft sigh because it seemed they weren’t at risk. At least, not yet. He glanced towards Stacy and couldn’t hide his grin when she mentioned possibly spending the night with her “Sure, I’d love too.” He said, quickly grabbing his clothes from where they had been left and hurrying to leave with Stacy. “Where do you stay?” he asked once they were outside and walking away. He wanted somewhere to leave his clothing that wasn’t where his brother and his new mate were. “We never got to finish our game.” He added, hoping that even though everything seemed to have calmed down that they could keep playing. “Oh… Actually, I wanted to ask you something.” He said as they walked, focused on his own clothes in his hands and feeling awkward. “How do you know you when you’ve found your mate?” Lucas couldn’t bring himself to look at Stacy, scared that he had just given her the chance to say that what he thought he felt was merely part of a pack bond. Like the one he had with his siblings, unless that was unique. He cringed as he realized he was in his own head and quickly focused on Stacy, hoping he hadn’t missed anything she said.

Max hung his head a little lower when it was pointed out to him that neither one of them had been killed, he had been so worried about what could be, he forgot to pay attention to what hadn’t happened. “I won’t leave again. I promise.” He said, flattening himself onto the floor as he watched and waited for the Alpha and Luna to leave. When they were alone in the place and the door was closed, he got back up to his paws with a large stretch and turned to give whatever part of Maria he could reach, a few licks to show her that he did know who she was and meant no harm. Satisfied that she knew that she was okay and safe, he gathered his clothes in his mouth and headed to one of the rooms to shift and get dressed, to save Maria the embarrassment. Returning quickly, he sat on the opposite end of the couch and looked over at her. “My sister, the new Luna, is right. You can’t tell anyone about what we are here, you put the entire pack at risk of those who do wish to harm us all. And… We maintain who we are, no matter our form. I won’t ever forget that you are my mate.” He told her, hoping it wasn’t all too much for her.

Sarah smiled at Conner’s praise and kissed his head before standing up to her full height again, doing her best to hold herself as she had seen her mother hold herself. Tall, strong and like her word was law. She couldn’t help it through when her brow arched at the crisp, quick words that came out of her brother’s mate, she was scared but she was responding to the fact that this might just be where she was meant to be, at Max’s side. “You can stay, and you can learn. But you cannot leave yet, not until we know for sure you won't tell anyone about what we really are. Do you understand?” she asked of the human woman, wary of her mate and his words that she needed rest. She knew he was right, of course but she needed to finish this. “Max, tell her what you can. In the morning, everything can begin again.” She said, before turning to head for the open door. "We all need to rest." Was the last thing she said, waiting for Conner before closing the door with what almost felt like a last look at Max.

Sarah walked slowly down the path away from her youngest brother and the last place she had slept, she felt sore and completely exhausted after the things that just occurred and felt glad that any other celebrations were going to wait at least until tomorrow because she didn't even know where Lucas had gone. Upon looking to where she found him last, she saw that the fire was practically out. Running a hand through her long brown hair, she sighed heavily before looking down at Conner. “I don't want to be tended too, but I can make a very strong tea, if they let me grab a few herbs and berries from the clinic… I’ll be fine after that. I just want to go…” she paused, looking down at him before taking a deep breath and finally saying it aloud. “I just want to go home.” Sarah knew that wherever it was that Conner lived, was hers now too because they were mates. She hadn’t turned him away or rejected the bond; she hadn’t been able too because she had seen and wanted what her own parents had, had. Reaching down, she ran her fingers through his fur for a moment. “We’re going to take this one step at a time though.” She told him, starting towards the clinic for what she needed. “I need to know more about mates.” Sarah finally confessed to Conner, because she didn’t know where they went from finding one another and saying that they were mates. Was there something else they were supposed to do to show it? And what did her new role mean for what she could and could not do?

"Your mate?" She asked. Feeling a little saddened by the question. They were starting to form a bond. But it wasn't like the others who knew at first sight. First smell. It was possible for them to become mates as the bond formed. But if he found his other half it would be hard, nearly impossible to compete against. "There are different types of mates. Your sister and brother new at first sight as it were. But the human won't feel the attraction in the same way. " Stacy answered. "Other bonds form slowly over time. But there is always that chance of running into that one. On rare occasions the person you form a bond with becomes the one." It felt a little awkward trying to explain this. Things most pups learned."

"Oh, I stay..." Stacy paused and looked at Lucas with a smile. "Catch me and find out." giving him a light nudge before shifting almost instantly. Not even stopping to shake out her fur as she took off running. Clothing falling off her as she ran. It was fun turning the tables on him. Running past where the bon fire was. Then past the school where she spent most of her time. Dodging in and out of some bushes. Her place wasn't far from the school. A small one room place with rose bushes out front. Stacy only slowed when she thought she had lost Lucas. Almost all the way back to her door. She couldn't help but to look around, hoping he was able to keep up. After their game of chase earlier, she had high hopes.

Conner rubbed against Sarah as he listened to her. He almost howled when she said she was ready to go home. "I, we, are in the center. It's not a fancy place but more than big enough. He said wagging his tail as she stroked his fur. "You will be attended to. But tonight take what ever you need. I understand this had been alot for just a day or two." This entire thing had been a non stop hurricane. She was all that mattered. Her being with him. Her happiness. Ready to renounce anything in a heart beat if she demanded it. "You and your bothers will do through a special education class at night away from the kids. There is more then mates you need to learn about." How he wanted to shift and hold her. But the very thought of shifting made his body hurt. "Come on, lets get you your stuff and some food. Hopefully by morning things will be more normal."

As they walked he looked back to where Maxwell was. Hoping the wolf follows the orders given. Sure he would. Sure that the human didn't mean any harm. Still, there was much they had needed to go over. Especially of the human was going to be made an honorary pack member. "Sarah. I do have a question. What will your brother do if the pack doesn't let the human in? Yes, I can say I want her here. But for something like this. It's a pack decision. It's probably always going to be hard for them no matter where they stay. After all, they are so very different. The human can't understand us in wolf form and so on."

As soon as everyone left Maria ran her fingers through Max's fur. It was soft. Softer that she expected. The licks made her laugh lightly before he ran off. At least that answered that question. He still knew who she wasn't and didn't have to fear him attacking her. The threats of not being able to leave didn't make her happy. But from the way everyone was talking a few lives were on the line and it depended on her. When Maxwell returned dressed and as a human she couldn't help but to feel relieved. "What's a Luna?" Maria asked before thinking over the other issue. "So mates?" She asked. "Just calling me a mate doesn't make it so. That's not how it works. I'm not your wife or girlfriend." Staying that outload made her laugh once more. This time it was more of a darker laugh. She hadn't been with anyone in years.

Maria let out a long breath before holding her hand out for his. There was no denying that she felt something. "I want to get to know you and you me. Like what is your favorite color, favorite food? What kinds of things do you like to do? There has to be more than a simple attraction." That brought up another issue. Trying to be ok with this all, she moved a little closer to Max. Her senses were on full alert. Ready to run if need be. Although everything in her being say he wouldn't hurt her. He really was going to keep her safe. Then it hit her. Work! "I won't tell anyone about you all but I have to check in with work tomorrow. It would be a red flag if I didn't."

Lucas would have been wagging his tail if he was in his wolf form and listening to Stacy tell him about mates and how bonds can form between those meant to be together, and between others. He knew for sure then that something was starting between them. No matter what rank he ended up in, Lucas was going to make sure that he got time with Stacy, so their bond fully developed into that something more than this initial attraction. “Thank you, for telling me.” He managed to say before he was watching her shift, and a large grin spread across his face. “Cheater!” he called when she started to run, but his voice was light and teasing. He tossed his clothes on hers and shifted as she had, barely sparing a moment to shake before he was taking off after her scent.

Lucas followed Stacy’s scent on swift paws, quickly memorizing in a want to know it as well as he knew his sibling’s scent. There was something to her scent that he couldn’t quite figure out, but it was floral, and he was drawn to it. He followed her scent right to the school, where he circled the building before, he was following her scent through bushes and down a side path. He fell flat to the ground when he saw her casting a look about and crawled on his belly towards a bush and hid there until she wasn’t looking his way. With a large wolf smile, he ran swiftly towards her and pounced to knock off her paws before he was bowing playfully as his tail wagged “Caught ya!” he declared loudly with a bit of a happy growling bark.

Sarah let out a soft sigh as Conner said that she was going to be attended, not like the sound of it. But she could agree to at least attending night classes, as it meant a little less embarrassment that she didn’t know as much as all the other wolves. “I’ll be quick, I know what I need.” She told him as they headed over to the clinic and inside, where she opted to ignore the other healers still there. She was following her sense of smell, grabbing nice glass jars and popping them open without reading what they were. Sarah made herself at home, unable to hide her grin as she got more than what she expected to find. She had a few bits of willow bark, a small piece of ginger and a bit of what she had only ever had once before, turmeric. With them in a small cup she found, she was walking back outside with Conner, never once acknowledging the other healers or the girls who attacked her.

Outside, Sarah followed her nose again and was heading towards the edge of the forest where her senses were telling her berries were waiting. She knelt down to pick a few, popping one into her mouth to feel the wonderful juices explode over her tongue. She was picking a lot when she heard Conner ask a loaded question, she paused to look at him and sighed as she thought about what it could mean for them all. “Max will leave if she isn’t accepted, because that’s what Lucas and I would do. If you can’t have safety in a pack while accepting love, then why stay?” Her question came out as more of a statement, turning to grab a few more of the berries growing naturally before she stood up. “Show me where home is?” she asked, waiting for him to lead the way so she could make the strong, medicinal tea of her own making.

Max felt like everything she said was weighted down, but he was told to tell her what he knew. Unfortunately, there wasn’t really a lot that he knew. “A Luna is equal to an Alpha, just she’s their mate so her title is different for us. My sister, Sarah, became Luna today because when Conner took Alpha, they let the pack know they are mates. Mates are…” he paused, because he knew what she was saying, but even though it was similar it wasn’t the same. At least, he didn’t think that it was. “Mates are not wives and husbands or girlfriends and boyfriends, they’re more. Predestined… I’m sorry, that’s just, all I know about that. Our parents focused more on teaching us how to survive.” He admitted to her, he felt comfortable admitting that to her.

Max wondered if Maria was okay with what he had told her, her laughs had seemed so dark at the prospect of them being fated for each other. But he felt hope in his chest when she held out her hand for his and he couldn’t help his grin as he weaved his fingers through hers to hold her hand and shuffled to sit a little closer to her. “Colour… It used to be the way the sky changed whenever the sun was coming or going. But I think it might be the rich warm colour of your eyes now.” He told her with a smile, barely holding himself back from reaching out with his other hand to touch her. “I love fresh caught hare in the middle of winter, feeling the cold and warmth all at once. And I love just, watching everything live around me, going about their lives and birds singing their songs. But what’s best, is that first snow when Sarah, Lucas and I just play in the fresh crunch until we’re tired and ready to nap.” He told her, more than willing to tell her what he was like if it meant she began to accept him. “Work… We have to tell the Alpha and Luna in the morning, but I think they’d let you as long as… As long as I’m with you.” He speculated, but the look on his face told her that he wasn’t sure.

Last edited:
Maria blushed when Max said his favorite color was that of her eyes. "Oh. Um thank you. I like watching sunsets myself. Watching the blending of colors. The reds, oranges, pinks, and so on." As he spoke on she smiled softly. "Oh so you like winter. It tends to be too cold for me. But I do like watching the snowfall from my window." Shifting slightly as she watched him. His time with his siblings sounded wonderful. Maria could picture them playing in the snow for hours. "I like the spring. I've run a small trail into the ground back behind my house. And in the spring the path is lined with all kinds of flowers. Like an artist spilled paint all over the ground." Her smile didn't last as he answered her question about work. "Am I going to have you with me everywhere I go from now on? I am an adult. I can even dress myself and everything." Although she meant every word, her voice was light and teasing. Trying to cut her own tension with some humor.

"So a Luna is like an Alpha. I know the term Alpha but was it is in relation to the pack? I mean, I've heard of alpha men. Alpha comes from the Greek." She looked at him and before she could stop herself, Maria ran her free fingers once through his hair. It was as soft as his fur. Before she realized it, she was sitting right next to him. Watching him. "What happens to you if I decide to go back to my life? Is this even possible? Us I mean." From everything he said earlier she felt just as lost as he was. But to be honest, she was starting to not want to go back. Enjoying his company. She felt safe with him. A feeling she wasn't used to. Suddenly her stomach rumbled out. Wide-eyed and embarrassed, Maria quickly moved her free hand over her stomach.

Conner chuckled low in the back of this throat as he watched Sarah. Letting her do her own thing. She was so precious to him. The way she took charge of little things without even realizing it. She was going to be a great Luna with a little grooming. Once she learned the ins and outs of her role. Her brothers still needed a place but he wasn't sure where to put them. He didn't want to show favoritism. Yet all three of them were strong wolves. "Center of town remember?" He rubbed against her softly before heading off. He was doing his best to give her everything she needed, wanted.

Sarah said she wanted to take this slow. That was the most frustrating part. She was his mate. Nothing to debate. Nothing to take slow. He wasn't use to holding back for anything or anyone. Yet for this woman. He would give her all the time in the world. As they walked he spoke. Not looking up at her. "I understand that you and your brothers are lacking in education. I will take this as slow as I can. I'll try to help you every step of the way. Just do me and favor and don't bare your neck to me again. I don't know if I can control my impulses a second time." He wanted to bite her. Leave his mark on her. But she wasn't ready for that, he could feel that much.

Stacy laughed as Lucas pounced her then pulled back. This night and proved to be better than she had expected. Seemed a few people found mates. She was starting to pick up on this attraction between her and Lucas. The thought of a wolf like him becoming her mate made her heart race. Lunging forwards she playfully nipped his ear then leaped over him. "Follow me. Leave the clothes" She wasn't ready to stop just yet. "And that was my place." she called out as she took off running.

The silver wolf ran as fast as her short legs would take her. A fraction of Lucas's size but she was fast. However she knew he was keeping up with her. He was rather good at chasing. Running through town and up a small hill before coming to a stop. Rolling over to her back with all four paws in the air. "The only place where the lights won't stop you from seeing the stars." She informed him. Under the hill was a field of wildflowers. Her own personal sanctuary. Where she liked to spend her time and even sleep when she didn't have to shift back. "Stay with me? For the night here? Just like this?" She asked. Sure that he if she was human her face would be flaming red. Never had she been so bold with another male before.

“Alpha is the leader… I don’t know what Greek is. But I know, that if you leave here, then I leave too. Whatever you want from me, I’ll do.” Max told Maria, deciding that he wasn’t sure and didn’t know if he was always going to be at her side. He wanted to be, but she was human, and he felt that wasn’t something they really did, and their bond relied on her more than it did on him. He slowly wrapped his arms around her as she was close to him, and he felt an overwhelming sense of content and happiness at getting to do this willingly with her. He nuzzled his nose into her hair before the sound of her hunger interrupted them and he smiled before chuckling softly. “I don’t know what we have left, we tore through most of the things they brought us last night, but there should be a few things left.” He pressed a kiss into her hair and slowly pulled away from her to stand up and go over to where they had stashed the food to bring nearly all of it to her, one of the things had not kept so he threw it out as he had seen humans do in the past. “I’m sorry there isn’t more. I’d go hunt you something, but I can’t tonight, and I don’t know how to cook.” He told her as he couched in front of her while waiting for her to choose what she wanted, so that he could put the rest of it away. Max wished he could have hunted for her, he wished he could have shown her how well that he could provide for her and keep them well fed no matter where they were.

Sarah let out a sigh as he told her the middle, because even though she was sure of the general location, she didn’t know specifically which house it was. So, she walked at Conner’s side towards their home while occasionally popping a berry into her mouth. Swallowing hard, she knew that he was right about barring her neck at him. As much as instinct told her too, it would move things quicker than she was ready for because she wanted to know more first, she wanted to know what he already did. It wasn’t fair to him that she didn’t know what she should have.

When Conner showed her which home was theirs, she opened the door for him and went to a counter to put the things she collected for tea before looking at him. “I don’t know how anything in here works and you can’t shift to show me.” Sarah told him as a blush tinged her cheeks. All she wanted to do was make the tea to drink so that she could curl up with her mate and finally go to sleep. Listening to what he told her, she managed to get the water boiling before she was preparing the ingredients to make her extra strong healing tea.

Lucas whined as Stacy took off on another run, he growled soft and ran to hurry after her. He liked this chasing game that they had, and he was more than impressed by how fast she could run because she wasn’t as tall as he was. He hurried up the hill after her and he joined her in rolling onto his back to rub in the grass. His gaze went everywhere, from her, to the flowers, up to the sky where he actually took in the sky for the first time in years. He couldn’t remember a time in recent years when he had been able too without worrying about his watch or when they needed to get up and go because it wasn’t safe. Here he was safe, and he rolled to lie on his side and look at her.

“I’d be more than happy to stay right here all night. I’m used to sleeping outside, and it’s the best place to snuggle.” Lucas told her with a smile as he rose to his paws and moved to wrap himself around Stacy and gazed up at the stars while they snuggled. He hoped that he wasn’t being too bold with her, but he was used to spending most of his time as a wolf, and this was his most natural instinct, to be as close as possible and nuzzle his nose into her fur.

Stacy rested her head against his as Lucas curled up around her. His warmth radiating off him in waves. His scent permeating her senses as they curled up together. "I normally sleep out here like this. Well, not with others normally but as a wolf. I like the fall when everything is brown, red, and orange. You can see the leaves changing for miles." This was nice. Relaxing even. "And the current company only makes it that much nicer. "What was it like always on the move? It sounds like a hard life you three have led." Her tail swishing against his. This had to be the best feeling in the world. To just be with someone. No judgment or criticisms. To simply enjoy each others company. "Your welcome to leave your stuff at my place. But when I'm not busy this is where you can find me most of the time. If the weather is bad then I'll be at the house." What was this feeling deep in her chest? She had gone this long without finding a mate. With out ever bonding with anyone. Could it be that she was forming that bond with him?

Conner watched as Sarah tried to figure most things out. He even laughed a time or two as she tried to do something so simple as boil water. "At least you take instructions well. With you being so intuitive, you should be able to pick up on everything you need to know pretty quickly. Not once did he leave her side. "Since your stuck in that form for now. You will sleep on the bed. It will be better for your body and I can still curl up close." " He told her. Trying to get use to the asking instead of ordering all the time. "That is if you want to." Every chance he got, he rubbed on her. If anyone came near her they would smell him on her. Know she was his until she was properly marked.

"We have the entire night. We need to rest but I don't feel like resting. So what do you want to do?" He asked eyeing her like she was a piece of prime meat. He was ready to have her marked and announced as a pack member. Officially. That would have to wait for the morning. Maybe later depending on how he felt. Last thing anyone needed was the new alpha limping out to greet the pack. Plus there was the issue of the human.

Maria watched as Maxwell came back with food and crouching before her. Her face flamed at the gesture. Something she didn't see, ever. Guys were all jerks., Her work proved that time and time again. Yet he was breaking every stereo type she had ever thought. "Please. You don't need to be like that. At least get up here with me." She said taking a bit of the food. Making sure to leave plenty for him as well. "You hunt? Of course you hunt. Well, as long as the animal is cleaned first then I can cook it." Maria paused at that thought. "How do you normally eat your food?" Clearly they ate some cooked food. That was good. But from the sounds of it he ate most things raw. or at least that was her guess. "Just so you know. I don't eat raw meat. That would make me sick in a heart beat."

Was he more wolf than man? She was starting to think so. Then again, no man had ever looked at her they way he did. Try to tent to her need so completely. "What ever I want from you?" That was alot to take in. "Then what if I want to be friends first? Learn more about you and all of this? Do we have time to take it slow?" Maria asked between bites. Trying not to be rude as she ate. "I'm use to doing everything on my own. This is... new. All of it." Goosebumps ran across her flesh as she looked into his eyes. Those eyes of steel. She could get lost in them. "What are you going to do when I go to work? You can't come with me when I see my clients."

Lucas groomed Stacy as she told him what season she liked best before asking her question about his life, and he had to paused to think while she told him more about herself. He couldn’t help his smile as he groomed her a little more. “I appreciate knowing how and where to find you, but I think I would have had a little more fun trying to find you.” He said lightly and teasing as he set his head on her. He was quiet for a moment before a heavy sigh came out of him as he began to tell her what it was like to him.

“Traveling all the time is hard, when you don’t know where your next meal is. But we learned where the best and worst places to hunt were. Where there were large wide-open spaces perfect for running and playing. We found forests where there was no sound, and mountain ranges that were full of it. And every time it snowed; we would play like pups in that first dusting until we couldn’t play anymore. But the worst thing of all, was taking turns keeping watch while the others slept. We always needed to watch for danger because…” Lucas turned his gaze away from her up towards the stars. “Because we lost our parents, but we don’t know how. We just woke one morning, and they were gone, somehow, with no trace.” He told her, his attention still on the stars because he didn’t want to know her reaction.

“Sarah and I looked for days, but Max is why we survived, why we’re here today. Without him, we might have died where we were born, unwilling to hunt or leave. He made us leave, tried to make us find them.” He finally looked back to Stacy, his eyes looking into hers. “I’m glad he did, or I’d never get to experience moments like this.” He told her before he was nuzzling her and looking forwards to spending as many nights as possible just how they were.

Sarah let Conner rub on her, making her smell more like him but it also had the added effect of making him smell like her as she added her ingredients to the rapid boiling water. She turned off the stove, remembering how only because he just taught her how to use it. “I’m not stuck and I’m not staying like this. I won’t be able to sleep if I stay like this.” She told him, busy added the berries to the mix by partially crushing them and dropping them into the pot. “I spent the last eight years sleeping every single night as a wolf, its easier to defend if something happens on your watch.” She said, still not used to having safety of a house and other wolves that weren’t her brothers.

“What do you mean?” Sarah asked when Conner asked if she wanted to do anything, she had been pouring a cup of the tea she made, from a cup she found in his kitchen. But when she saw him, and she saw the look in his eyes, she growled at him. It wasn’t as menacing as it should have been, coming from a human throat. “No. I’m not entirely clueless, forget about it.” She said, pointing a finger his way to show she meant business. She eyed him with her unspoken warning still in the air before sighed and gestured to the tea she made “Did you want some? It should help with any pain or inflammation, and the berries should help it taste a bit better.” She told him, aware that she had made a small batch of tea, enough for only two generous helpings.

With the remaining bits of the ingredients but away, and the pot washed she sat herself down on the plush couch and let out this soft sound of content as the softness surrounded her. She hadn’t gotten to feel any of the comfort last night, aside from getting a full belly of food, which reminded her she hadn’t gotten to eat much that day and with her tea cradled within both hands she cleared her throat and said, “I want a large breakfast tomorrow.” She then took a sip of the tea, looking over the cup at him as she took small sips to test both of their patience.

Max shook his head, waiting for her to finish choosing what she wanted before he stood to the remainder away. He kept from grabbing something for himself, and instead returned to Maria’s side on the couch where he sat down right beside her. “I don’t normally clean what we’ve hunted. We just eat.” He told her, getting comfortable at her side as he cast a look around the small house they were in, and deciding right away that he liked her space better with all the little collection of things humans liked so much. “How I eat, whenever I catch something, I’ll make sure its cooked for you first.” He added because he didn’t want her to get sick. He wouldn’t be able to stand it if he was the one who had made his mate sick. Hurting Maria would be like hurting himself.

“Friends… Like, pack? Siblings?” Max asked, not fully sure if he knew or understood the word and he wanted her to be the one to tell him what it was. “We can learn, I can tell you everything you need to know.” He promised, offering up a small smile as he tried not to watch her eat. He couldn’t remember anything between the large meal they had when they arrived and the fast-paced events of that day that brought them to this perfect moment. “We will go slow; you need to be ready.” He said, though it sounded like disappointment and like he was scolding himself. He wanted to hold her close at all times and leave his mark on her neck. Whatever that was. His instincts were trying to tell him what to do, but the knowledge that his mate was human was what was allowing him to hold those back. He would do anything and everything to get to stay at her side, no matter how upset it made his wolf.

“Clients… What are clients? What is your work?” Max decided to ask Maria since he wasn’t really sure what he was supposed to do when she started to work. He knew if she was allowed to go, that he was going to have to go with her. As her mate, keeping her safe was his responsibility. But on top of that, he knew he needed to help keep this pack safe now, especially since his sister was now Luna. This pack, this place, were going to be home from now on.

Conner watched Sarah, listening to her. "I'll take some tea. Just put it in a bowl for me." His eyes dancing with amusement as she spoke. "If you shift I'll bite you! Your hurt too and I forbit you from shifting until morning. Sleeping like that won't be too bad." He moved back, loving the spark he saw in her the fighting spirit. However Conner was howling with laughter as she misunderstood his intentions. "Woman I'll do what ever I want. But I said this was going to go slow and I meant it." Setting down on his hind legs as he watched her closely. "I meant, so you want to play a game, watch some tv? Learn to work the lights and fan?"

His tail wagged against the hard floor. Sure he would be getting a rise out of her. Knowing she would probably come back with her own retort. "Now have you eaten today? I have some left over meat in the fridge. Or I can hunt you something down." He was going to care for his mate. Wanting, needing to provide for her. Moving close to her once more and nuzzling her lightly. "If not then I have something new for you to try." Showing a wolfish grin. Standing up, trotted off to the room where a strange noise ring out. If she joined him she would find him pouncing back and forth onnthe bed.

Stacy nuzzled her nose lightly against the underside of his snout. "Im sorry about your parents. Once you're settled into the pack, you can tell them about your situation and missing parents. It takes a vote but we network with other packs. And we might be able to reach put and ask other packs about them. Of course we will need more information on them." If she could, she woukd go looking foe them herself. "But your not alone now. You have a pack of 80 or so. Once you're announced as a member then we all will have your back."

Sucking in a sharp breath Stacy quickly added. "I'm glad your here too." Tucking her tail in as she laid her head down. Starting to snuggle up for sleep. "And don't worry. Just because you know where to find me doesn't mean you won't have plenty of opportunity for a good game of chase." A hint of amusement mixed with anticipation rang out in her voice. "Good night Lucas." It had been for ever since she had anyone to curl up with like this. She forgot how good this felt. To have share simple little moments like this.

Maria frowned as she turned to look at him. "Max, Maxwell." She sat the rest of her food to the side. "I don't need to be looked after or tented too. If your not eating then neather am I." She listened and started to worry about what ever this was. "A friend is someone you have no relation to but they still enjoy hanging out and helping just because. No reason needed. And yes, people need reasons to be nice to each other." When he asked what a client was she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. He really was more wolf than man. Yet no man had ever treated her like this.

"I'm a social worker. I go help girls who were too young to... breed? And boys who failed at playing grown up." This explanation wasn't going well. "For example, the other day I have to see a 16 year old girl who was dating.. um.. mating? With a 21 uear old. Heteied to attack me. So she knocked him out. But she couldn't deal with the fact he was seeing others and was violent. So she turned around and pulled a gun on us both." Maria stopped talking. Not sure if she needes ro explain what a gun was or not. "I'm sorry. Im rambling."

"So, raw meat? Anything else you eat? I'm assuming you've spent most of your time as a..." Maria swallowed hard before saying the last word. "...wolf?" The word hardly a whisper. "People and animals that shift are stuff of kids nightmares. Monster stories of creatures that will eat you up if your not good. So you change on the full moon and go chasing peole down to eat?" Now that she said it out loud, it sounded a bit stupid .

Sarah had set the bowl of tea on the ground for him and made herself even more comfortable on the couch. She hid her embarrassment well at mis-reading his look, sipping at her tea while she shot him a hard look. “I’m pretty sure I know how to work the lights, I turned them on as we came in.” she shot back at him, arching a brow as she dared him to challenge that. “And I intend to shift, or I won’t be getting any sleep.” She told him, because she was exhausted and even though her body needed the rest to heal, but she wouldn’t be able too unless she got a proper sleep. “Wait, what’s a t v?” she asked, separating the letters as she watched Conner take off towards the bedroom. She arched a brow, listening before she snorted and shook her head. “I’m not moving.” She called to him, having turned to make herself far more comfortable into the couch.

Sarah had tucked her bare feet between couch cushions and was leaning her back against the arm as she slid down to sink further into the couch cushion. “What games did you mean?” she asked of her mate when she heard him return. Her gaze turned to Conner as she twisted to put her cup down on the floor beside her. She didn’t want to admit to him that she was fighting her sleep hard. She really was exhausted from the day.

Lucas tried to hide his surprise when Stacy told him just how big the pack actually was, he knew they were a large pack, but he never would have guessed that there was eighty of them. He decided to confront his other siblings to find out if they actually wanted to find any hint or trace of their parents while still being members of this pack now. But all of that, he felt that it could wait. “Goodnight Stacy.” He told her, feeling a happy pull as he watched her snuggle down to get some sleep. He could definitely get used to this, as he set his head over her and closed his eyes to join her in sleep. Imagining a wonderful chase between them on one of her slow days, or a day off. All through the pack’s areas.

Max blinked a few times as Maria began to put everything about her job out into words, he could understand far easier than other ones. He had really been more focused on other things growing up, even during their years of travel he never saw fit to learn more than he needed too. So, he listened to her, watching her as best as he could while he went to retrieve something to eat for himself. He wanted to make sure his mate was taken care of, and if she would only eat if he did, then he was going to make sure he ate. He liked that she explained ways he would understand with little to no questions. But what he had, had to hide from her was his growl and anger that someone had tried to attack her. If he ever saw what she did, human or not, he wasn’t actually sure he would be able to hold back if someone threatened his mate.

“When someone chooses to have pups, they should be choosing a mate who’s a match and not trying to have pups with others.” Max offered, though that was something he just knew to be that way. He hadn’t even been told about predestined mates until he found this pack, and they were taking him and his siblings in. “Raw? Is that what it’s called, we just say fresh. But I spent the last eight years mostly as a wolf, traveling. You don’t get to stop and cook.” He told her, knowing there was a better word for it but unable to remember it as he stayed there beside her. “We don’t eat people.” He said with a light smile and laugh. “If my father ever found me, and found out, he’d kill me.” He told her, unable to stop smiling. “A full moon makes it hard to resist a change, but one can. We aren’t monsters.” He told her softly, a promise in his voice. “I’m a born wolf… I don’t know about the changed ones, if they’re a thing.” He told her, before gesturing to the food. “Eat. Then you can pick a room and bed.” He told her softly, sure that he was going to end up sleeping on the floor outside of wherever she chose to sleep.

"T.V" I'll show you once you wake up. Conner answered as he came back. Seeing her on the couch all curled up, he drug a blanket to the couch. Jumping up on the other end as he pulled the blanket up the best he could. Couldn't help but to fall for her more as he watched Sarah snuggle into the couch. Laying his head on her thighs as he curled around her legs the best he could. "Yep, you could never sleep as a human. Absolutely impossible." He chuckled as he could see the need for sleep building. "You can sleep where ever you like. The bed is more comfortable. But this works as well." She was an amazing woman. Strong inside and out. Tomorrow would promises to be interesting at the very least.

"That is very true. That's how is should be. But there are a lot out there that don't see things that way. Maria looked around as she finished the last of the food she grabbed. Satisfied that he ate as well. "I didn't know I have choices." She said getting up from the couch. "Is there a small room? I don't need a big space." She thought about it for a minute then looked to him. "Where are you going to sleep? I'm sorry, but your not sleeping in my room just because you say we are predestined." Not sure witch room to take, Maria simply went to the nearest door that she knew wasn't the way out. thankfully she had picked a modest sized room with a full sized bed. Taking a seat on the edge, she pulled her shoes off before crawling up into the blankets. Wrapping herself up. Already missing the feeling of Maxwell setting beside her.

Morning seemed to come early as Conner got up and headed out. He had more to tend to then normal. He needed to check on Maxwell and the human, find a Beta soon, talk to the back about letting a human in, and so on. This was going to be a very very long day. He hated leaving while Sarah slept but he couldn't bring himself to wake her up. He would have to make it up to her later. For now, he needed Stacy. Along with the guards and start circling everyone up.

Stacy was already up with the rising of the sun. Not that she was willing to move. This felt good. To be snuggled up against a warm body. She hadn't felt this safe in a long time. Lucas made her feel safe. Seeing Conner approach, she curled her lip in warning. Ever so gently she nudged Lucas. "I we need to wake up it seems. Conner needs me and your family is going to need you for the day." Hopefully that meant she would get to see him as events played out.

“Don’t worry about where I’m going to sleep.” Max told her, eating with her as they ate. He had already knew he wasn’t going to be allowed to sleep in the same bed as her. He watched her go and pick a room, the one with only one bed in it that had been meant for Sarah. He made sure she took an extra blanket and wished her good night as he closed the door. Knowing that Maria was in that room, he had been unable to walk away. So, he removed his clothing to shift and curled up as a wolf in front of her door to sleep through the night.

He had woken up early in the morning as the sun was rising, he had wanted to head out to hunt. But when he headed to the door, he stopped to listen to what was going on outside and decided that it wasn’t the best idea. He growled softly in annoyance because he wasn’t able to fully provide for his mate like he wanted, so he went back to his clothes to shift back and get dressed. Maybe he could try to cook something. He wasn’t the best at it, but whatever was left, he would make sure that he made enough for her and himself. How hard could it be? So, he was standing at the stove, trying to figure it out with various items all around him. He was unaware of how loud he had been when he dug around for things. He very clearly didn’t know what he was doing.

Lucas had woken as soon as he felt Stacy shift, even just the slightest had awoken him from his time of traveling with his siblings. He learned to wake when they moved to know when it was his turn for watch. He had slept soundly curled around her and couldn’t help the soft growl that came out of him when he spotted Conner coming towards them. He hadn’t wanted to move, but at Stacy’s insistence and nudging, he got up. “They would get by without me. But you’ll be needed.” He said very softly, nuzzling her before grooming her eyes and muzzle out of instinct. He was very reluctant to pull away from her but did so, stretching out his body and shaking out his fur before holding himself lower as he had been taught. “Alpha Conner.” He said as way of greeting when the man got closer. His tail stayed down and kept his ears low with his head low.

Stacy had fought hard not to sleep, trying to grumble to Conner that she wasn’t going to sleep as a human. But she had been too tired to do so. As hard as she fought not to sleep, she had been unable to fight it off and fell asleep, curled into the couch when he covered her up. She didn’t like the loss of her senses as a human when she slept. And she would have proven her point if it hadn’t been for the fact that she woke up alone. She huffed at that, not sure how long she had even been alone for, she was intent not to stay there by herself. So, she left the blanket on the couch, moved her half-finished tea onto the counter with his bowl and headed outside to try and hunt down her errant mate. Wondering where it was, he had just gotten off too. Catching traces of his scent, she followed after him with a yawn and a slightly cranky attitude. She needed something to eat.

Maria slowly came out of the room. Rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. Hair crumpled around her face. Clearly she didn't sleep well. Tossing and turning throughout the night. "What in the seven hells is going on?" Pausing when she spotted Max in the kitchen. He already told her he couldn't cook and ate his food raw. So why? Her brown eyes widened as it hit her. He was trying to cook for her? Again the question of why came to her mind. Walking over she looked at the mess of things he pulled out. "Trying to make some food?" It was hard to bite back a smile as she looked at the mess. It screamed that he didn't have a clue yet he was trying. "I need a spatula. It's a long flat thing with a handle or stick attached. Everything else needs to be moved over there."

Grabbing the coffee pot she filled it up with water and started some grounds brewing. Turning on the stove she grabbed a bit of meat, adding in egg and what ever else she could find to make sure there was enough for both. "I can not cook yours if you like." Although she wasn't sure she could watch him eat raw meat and egg. The thought alone almost made her sick to her stomach. "To work the stove you turn this here. The more you turn it to the right the hotter it gets." Maria worked hard to explain every step of everything she did. "May I call into work? I promise I won't say anything. But I have to check in. They're expecting a report."

Stacy smiled softly when he woke so easily. Shock gripped at her as he groomed her. Her heart started to pound. Even if it was just for a beat or two. "Conner, Since Lucas doesn't have a job yet can he help me? We're all ending up at the same place and it would be most welcomed." Dropping her head down and lowering her ears as she spoke. Only doing it because of Lucas. Him and his siblings had made such a huge impact on this pack. They hadn't even been there that long. She couldn't imagine the pack without him. "Besides, together I think we can come up with something to help Maxwell with is situation." Looking to Lucas, she gave his muzzle a few quick licks in return. "That is if you wanted to spend some time and lend a hand?"

Conner looked to Stacy then to Lucas. Letting out a low rumble as he spoke. "I don't have a problem with that. However everything needs to be by pack law. You need to start teaching them. We meet in an hour. Now I need to get to Max and the human and get food back to Sarah before she wakes." Turning he started off once more. Trying to get as much done as he could. Although he knew Sarah was already up when her scent hit his nose.

Letting out a soft whine he started in her direction. "Sarah." He called. Still in wolf form. "How did you sleep? I haven't had a chance to hunt for you yet. It's been a busy morning taking care of pack matters. We can eat on the run if you want to join me. Start learning what it's like to lead and run such a large group. Most packs are a fraction of this size. But we've worked hard to make things safe." He wasn't sure if he should tell her. No point putting it off. "The pack needs to vote this morning in your brother and the human. Plus we need to get you and Lucas introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back