• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rikki
The two vastly different reactions were delicious to Rikki. The one was just plain cute, and the other.... Rikki looked over auguste carefully. He expected suspicion but, he was showing more nervousness than expected. This would be fun.
He strided over smoothly, more towards Dennis who seemed to only be able to stare at the moment. He reached iut to lightly bring his fingers to his jaw to close his mouth from his inability to form words, making sure to leave his hand there a bit longer than necessary and slowly trail off afterwards with a wink. He would be laying the charm on thick.
"What do I have to gain?" Rikki repeated, looking towards the other man. "Just satisfying my curiosity. You both just looked too interesting. So, a gut feeling that this would get interesting i'd say." He decided to answer the question as. Of course, interesting for rikki was how he would hunt someone.​

Auguste
Otherworld (Interactions: jinxxes jinxxes Nearby: Mianigh Mianigh )

I knew my inability to update my wardrobe to current times would be the most irritating thing someday. Auguste thinks to himself, his eyebrow twitching as he watches the newcomer ‘interact’ with Dennis. He has honestly only seen courtesans act so...indecent around other people they’ve just met. Yet this person here seems to not care at all, this person who says he’s only here because they are interesting. Perhaps if he’d been dressed in more subtle clothing he wouldn’t be in this situation right now. Be a part of the uninteresting category... a man can dream. Though looking at Dennis frozen after nearly launching himself into a bookshelf and being caressed but some stranger, Auguste sought to save the poor colt.

Shooting a concerned look towards Dennis, Auguste silently gets up from his seat. Clasping his hands behind his back he levels an irritated glare at Rikki. “Excusez-moi. But despite how much you seem enjoying yourself, perhaps learning a modicum of personal space or even shame would do you good. To badger people simply due to your own boredom is unbecoming. Though I don’t think someone like you would care about good appearances. So is it done? Have sated your curiosity?”

Auguste started to think of plans. If he can’t get rid of this newcomer, perhaps he can pull them into the conversation until the he leaves. He does seem like the kind of person to get bored easily. Though he’d rather not have to interact with more than one of these creatures at a time, but he’s starting to get genuinely concerned for wellbeing of Dennis. That man has the same pallor of commoners he’d seen on the streets back when he was alive. And those were not good times for them. Some food and sleep would be needed. It’s not like he has anything else to do, why not take care of some random unknown creature he has just met and knows practically nothing about. Auguste internally sighs and ponders when he went insane.

Sean and Mikoro
Otherworld
"So you were spying, that's just as despicable" Mikoro said a scolding tone in his voice. Sean rolled his eyes very noticeably.
"Sir, calm down. I am sure he meant no harm, or at least he wasn't tryin to piss ye off" Sean said, making it clear being this easily annoyed at other creatures was something that was not uncommon for his companion. "We was just sightseein, don't know why we look so interestin to be honest. Though did always say I was a special boy so who knows" Sean's lie was obvious to Mikoro though the gunslinger said it in such a nonchalant way that there were no tells to the dishonesty.
Half-blood demon Half-blood demon

Fyrie
Human Realm
Fyrie cocked her head when Riah suddenly said the words exchange student. What did that mean? Lawrence seemed to get it quickly so she just shrugged and figured she'd go with it. Riah seemed nice and seemed to be trying to help her so she saw nothing wrong with it. "It was nice of you to try and help the goblin" Fyrie said. That kind of situation reminded her of the time she'd found a lost 'puppy' that had turned out to be a disguised manticore. Mikoro had chewed her out after that, and she'd felt like an idiot. She looked at first Lawrence then over to Riah when they seemed to be discussing a plan. "What are you both talking about? Why do you need to hide from administration"? She said, obviously not knowing how schools work.
MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Mianigh Mianigh

Belvedere “Bel” d’Guede

Interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Finding the burning house wasn’t hard in the least. It was, after all, a burning house. Bel stuck to the outer perimeter of the property, well out of the way of the firefighters spraying down the blaze. They didn’t seem to notice him here, being understandably distracted by more important things. Still, the necromancer decided it was best to slip into the nearby woods to conduct his work, lest one of them happen to have eyes that could See.

Bel meandered through the trees, the blaze always within earshot, until he felt he was somewhere vaguely towards the rear of the house, out of the way of everyone. He then plopped himself down on the ground, leaning forward to rest his forearms against his knees.

“Right then, ya wee gremlin, let’s drag yer sorry arse outta there…” he grumbled aloud to himself, fixing his eyes on what he could see of the house through the brush. Within seconds, the area at the bottom of his ribcage began to prickle and burn. Anyone from the Otherworld or with the Sight to see such strange creatures would have been able to see what emerged from the necromancer’s body in the next moment.

Rising out of his back was what looked to be a chimera of bones; the skull of a goat, the body of a wolf, the forelimbs of a lion, the hindlimbs of a horse, the wings of a bat, and the tail of a snake, all merged together to make one strange and grotesque creature. The bone fiend, its body invisible to the mundanes but its actions not so, bounded through the trees towards the burning house, rustling the underbrush as it went. The firefighters were unlikely to pay it any mind, given the situation.

Having no flesh to be burned away, the fiend bounded through the tongues of flame still licking at the frame of an open window. The frame buckled and broke a bit as it squeezed its way through, having been just a bit too small for a creature the size of a small horse. It then paused, its hollow eye sockets scanning the main area of the house. It only saw some firefighters manning a hose to try to douse the blaze, but no goblin. Swiftly, the fiend almost slithered up the stairs, sniffing about as it went. Finally, it came upon the attic.

The fiend paused as it stared down at the tiny figure cowering away from the water, desperately trying to start a new fire with waterlogged scraps of wood. It sniffed, smelling the familiar odor of the Otherworld on her. Had to be the goblin, then.

The fiend let out a quick noise that sounded like a warped melding of a bark and a bleat, aiming to get the child’s attention.​

Tup
Present day: Human realm- house that's on fire
Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes

("Human talk", "Goblin talk", thoughts)

Tup suddenly heared weird noise and looked up and saw bone creature. That kinda look like what elder teached that would be chimera, but without flesh? Elder warned that never fight agaist chimera without whole tribe... But it's front of my only way out. Tup looked around in small panic, there was no way that she could get away from bone chimera and she didn't know if it would be as dangerous as fleshly chimera. She quickly put her spark rocks back in pounch and lift up her club with her both hands and pointed it towards chimera. "Get away beast or Tup smash you!" Floor let out cracking noises under them and firefighters where leaving from inside of house, as fire was started burning through main structures and house was near collapsing state.​

Belvedere “Bel” d’Guede
Human Realm, outside some poor bastard's former house

Interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Bel rolled his eyes, letting out an annoyed growl to himself as if he was the one standing before the combative little creature.

“Oh, fer fek’s sake, jus’ grab her an’ go! he barked out into the aether. Despite the distance and the noise, the bone fiend seemed to hear its master’s orders with out trouble. Letting out a hiss that couldn’t decide whether it was reptilian or feline, the chimera charged across the crumbling attic floor, hooves and paws cracking charred wood as it galloped straight at Tup. The goblin was likely to take this as an attack, so the beast braced itself for the club bashing it was sure to receive.

Once close enough, the bone fiend dipped its head past the flurry of blows to snatch the back of the child’s clothes up in its teeth. It kept its head down as it continued to charge, bashing its ram horns through the crumbling roof as it dove straight through. The sudden collapse of the attic was enough to distract the mundanes from noticing the crash of what should have been a fairly large animal charging through the brush behind the house, though whatever racket Tup would be making in that moment would be another matter.

A moment later, the bone fiend trotted to a stop in front of its master in the woods, dropping the young goblin from its mouth to the ground at Bel’s feet.

“Yer jus’ causin’ everyone trouble ‘round here, ain’t ye, ya wee shite-stain…” the necromancer spat out through his moderate Scottish accent, his pale green eyes boring down at the little creature. Of course, reflexive rudeness notwithstanding, he rather liked the mayhem the kid had caused in the short time she’d been in the human world.​

Last edited:
Jayden: Otherworld
Yahhah Yahhah

Jayden believed the being's lie. But still wondered, even if they were sightseeing then why did the other being get so worked up? Then again he was following them around, without there permission, and that can come off as creepy. But what was that Crystal ball thing they were speaking to before he had gotten called out to. Also if they are sightseeing why did they look like they were searching for something and not to mention that some of these places were not even sightseeing places. But then again it depends on the person. I guess. "Sorry for spooking you. But may I ask, what was that Crystal ball like thing you were speaking to?" "And if my memory and ears serve me right, I think I heard the words human realm somewhere in that little conversation you were having. Oh and some people by the names of Fyrie, Balin and, hmm what was it again oh yeah, Hrothgar." "But don't worry I'm not one of those people who spread information. As I said before I'm just a curious...little...demon." Jayden still believed the two might have been sightseeing, but he wanted to play around with them and dig a little deeper into their business. Especially since he got this reaction from just following them.

Tup
Present day: Human realm- house that's on fire => Outside of house that's on fire
Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes

Tup let out small yelp as chimera started charging towards her, she tried to hit it, but Tup's hits really didn't do any damage to something that was just bones. There was another yelp when bone thing snatched Tup up by her cloak, what was barely staying together anymore, as Tup's clothes was stoled from Otherworld and weren't by any means resistant towards fire.

(It's not really like any Otherworld creature would hire goblin girl, with risk of burning down business, even less hiring goblin girl, who talks to her club.)

As Tup saw that creature was running towards wall, she braced herself for impact and tried cover her head, some of depris of roof hit hard to her arms, legs and head, making small cuts, she did succeed keep hold of her club, even after rought landing to ground and then getting dropped to floor on her stomach. As Tup heard human speak, she was dazed by not only hit from head, but also from lack of oxygen. She tried to swing her club towards human who speaked, but she really didn't even know from what direction speaking was coming so it was just swing around her head as she slowly turned herself from facing ground and unknowly facing towards human. "Tup beat human... Urgh."

Riah - Human Realm
Riah felt a bit of weight lift off her shoulders as Lawrence made her decision for her, she even let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding onto as they came to the conclusion, "I'll see or hear from you then, come Fyrie. Our school here isn't like that in...uh.. I mean.. where you're from.." she began to explain to the phoenix as they made their way away from the young dragon and towards the school building. "Best to keep you from lingering adult eyes for now," she added. "This, is the human realm." She waved her arm around , almost spinning them in a circle as they crossed the street, dodging oncoming traffic left and right. Yes, she was quite careless. "That's our school, you are practically my get-out-of-jail free card with this exchange student bit." As they got to the lot of the school Riah lowered her voice as she spoke, since they were passing a few loitering students waiting for the second warning bell, there were three, and she told Fyrie, flat out, "I'm what you would call, in your world, a half-breed." She wriggled her brows a little and once they reached the entrance to the school, she pushed the metallic door open by pushing down on the bar that unhooked the door from it's locked position, almost in unison with the second warning bell.

Mianigh Mianigh Yahhah Yahhah

Ash - Human Realm
One by one or two at a time the students began flooding in. He knew one in particular would be late and he knew because he watched her heading back this way after the mysterious adult had disappeared towards the way the sirens had gone earlier. He could tell, as the smoke got darker, that the firemen weren't going to be the ones to put this fire out and when he looked closer he realized that someone, from their little group, was missing. This would give him the opportunity to see who this new person was and why Riah always seemed to be the one who got in the mix of it all. Maybe it was time for him to finally interfere.

Travaron - Otherworld Realm
He was making his way through the garden of the library, going over his steps again, trying to see if maybe just maybe he missed something but the rift did not appear and would not appear so long as he kept trying to find it this way. His thoughts were filled with frustration, and he figured going back into the library would help him with some clue as to what all had gone down just before he had arrived. As he pushed through the broken building that lead back into the abandoned library from the garden, he first caught their voices. A couple of Otherworld occupants had seemed to gather here, for what, he was unsure of, but he was hoping he'd be able to find out what and maybe even get help from them. He even wondered if they knew who the previous people were that were here before and they were possibly allies? All these questions kept piling into his head, he was unsure of how to approach the scene without seeming like he was eavesdropping. Which he wasn't. He was just trying to find a rift... after all... they were what most of the Otherworld beings talked about. By the raise in tone, he could tell the situation was becoming tense and he didn't want to miss another chance at trying to have someone or even a few people to help. "Excuse me..."he found himself saying before he could stop himself...

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania jinxxes jinxxes Mianigh Mianigh

MirMonster13 MirMonster13 PyroMonomania PyroMonomania jinxxes jinxxes Yahhah Yahhah Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes

There were suddenly two other people in the room with Dennis, none of which he recognized or felt comfortable being around. He could feel his heart pressing against his chest, making his breathing shallow and slow. He started to back up a bit, trying to leave the 'conversation' before he could be interrogated by anyone for anything. Suddenly he remembered why he had decided to isolate himself when the opportunity had come in the modern era to do so. A memory flashed through his mind of when he'd first come to human realm, back when he'd just newly assumed his strange human form.

Waking on damp ground, Dennis felt cold, dew covered grass scratch the surface of his exposed skin from where he'd fallen unconscious. He didn't remember the past few minutes. It could've been hours or days as far as he knew, but only darkness came to mind as he tried to remember what had led him to this moment. His stiff white pelt felt as if it were covered in mud and roughed from the weather. The air was colder than usual and darker as well, through lightning bugs danced above him. Looking up, he saw that a moon was risen high in the sky, illuminating for him a landscape that was both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. Had he been here once before? The Otherworld was a big place, after all, and despite his years he had still yet to traverse it.

Something was off; Dennis felt strange. Glancing down at his body, what he expected to see was a long white mane, hooves, and a horse's torso. Instead, as he made his front foreleg twitch he saw the fingers of a human hand respond in its place. "N-nu, uh... hhhhn," his alien vocal cords reflexed. He tried to climb to his feet but only struggled onto his stomach pressing his face into mold-smelling dirt.

"Look on!" shouted a voice. The brilliance of a fire light rose in the distance. Several people holding torches rounded a hill shrouded by trees while making their way towards him. "Ye foul beast. Just as I've said, he appears young but his hair is as snow!" Dennis tried to inch away, he tried to crawl, but his new limbs were too discrepant from what he'd once been, the nerves no longer matched to impulses he was sending. He could also feel that his silver unicorn's horn was missing, an item of such uniqueness and power that it contained his very life-force within it. Panic seized him as he searched blindly around trying to catch a glimpse of it. He didn't have enough time as the group of strangers approached and a young human man with mousy brown hair pointed a trembling finger in Dennis' direction. His eyes were glowing ominously in the torchlight. "He apparated, as if a spirit. I was right standing-" he pointed at a spot in nearby- "hunting for skins 'n the Devil appeared before me!" The humans all seemed to gasp in unison. As the armed men readied their pitchforks, the women standing behind them called for Dennis' murder, hands crossing their chests in a strange and foreign symbol. Dennis struggled more, his human body flailing, his new vocal cords grunting and moaning in a way that only agitated his mob to increase their vitriol. He thrashed, somehow momentarily keeping a flurry of pitchforks away as he came to stand on two foreignly human legs. Then the prongs of a splintered pitchfork jabbed angrily into his flesh, twisting and lifting a gout of skin and blood that scattered into the grass and propelled Dennis onto earth covered in knotted tree limbs. The crowd cheered on. The first blood had been drawn.

The next few hours were a blur as Dennis ran on his new feet. The echoes of human voices calling for his death followed him deep into the woods, but he kept running. No, no, no, no, no. This can't be happening. But it was all too real feeling. He was suddenly very much, incredibly, unmistakably human and in land of humans he didn't recognize but who wanted him dead. He'd never felt more vulnerable or scared. Just how did he get here and what sort of world was this?... Was he going to die?

The humans' chanting continued...

Dennis's breath was growing shallower and shallower along with the grip of fear on his heart. He kept slowly backing towards the door hoping nobody would notice, sinking slowly into the shadows. Was it just him or was the world starting to spin? Then he tripped over a stack of rotten books and fell backwards into a stranger approaching from behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lawrence watched as Riah and the phoenix, Fyrie, ran off, moving fast as the school bells rang out for first period to begin. Picking a large thorn from under the fabric of his sweatshirt, he turned to stare at the rising smoke in the distance, a hard lump forming in his stomach. He wouldn't be able to fully transform in a place like this. Even being a dragon, when he was in human form, as he had to be now, his powers were limited and hard to control. Nevertheless, he started a vigorous jog in the direction of the flaming house.

When he got there, chaos had already unfolded. He noticed a few familiar figures of his dwarf friend and giant companion approaching from another street, but the sight of them didn't nearly startle him as much as what lay further ahead. Casting dark shadows from within the blistering heat of the burning house, there was a monstrous creature made of bones wrestling down a small, green, female goblin. The scene was like something out of Hollywood voodoo movie, smokey demons dancing in the center of a glowing flame. In this case, however, it was totally one-sided. The strange chimera bit and clawed at the goblin's club, batting it away at every swing. So far it had taken no damage, but its opponent was clearly struggling to stay standing as the fight continued. The goblin was coughing and choking from the oppressive smoke filling the air. It was obvious she'd gone completely blind from the thick soot dyeing her face black like charcoal.

Mustering his nerves, Lawrence cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted at the beast attacking the goblin. "HEY!" he cried, half muffled by roaring fire all around him. "Over here! Come get some!"

Last edited:
Rikki
Quite a few things in the next momebts surprised Rikki. Before he could even give any thought to augustes comments there was the little commotion on dennis' attempted escape. It seemed he misjudged the situation, that perhaps he was a little too forward in his attempt to fluster his prey. A chase wouls normally be fun, but there was now three others around the room himself. It seemed he would have to tone it back to plan his moves.
The vampire rolled his shoulders back, it was a move casual enough, but it was actually to keep himself from looking stiff and nervous about the room suddenly getting more cramped. "Man, it's just getting to be a party in here." He commented a bit sarcastically, not being able to help himself as after himself this was another person barging in.
What would this stranger be like, the other two had raised guards, he was glad he didnt do anything stupid in that time. Having a fight interrupted couldve been bad. Didnt need to get swarmed by too many people. "Watch yourself, kitten. Calm down." Rikki told Dennis, though with an ironically incorrect nickname. But thats how rikki was seeing him, like a frightened little kitten. He was curious on the reaction though, perhaps it would pay to play nice longer.
His eyes went to the new stranger, a small motion to beckon him to continue talking. He appeared less suspiciously than himself after all, rikki figured there wasnt ill will. Though he wouldnt let his guard down just yet.​

Belvedere “Bel” d’Guede

Interacting with: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI , Mianigh Mianigh

Bel’s eye twitched in annoyance as the little goblin thrashed about wildly, trying to strike at him but missing horribly. She got the chimera in the shins a few times, her club making an almost musical ‘tunk’ as it struck the hollow bones. The fiend merely sat there, taking the abuse without complaint like a dog that had been trained to be a toddler’s plaything. Had about the same look on its face as well. The necromancer shook his head, a hand slipping into his pocket and retrieving a crumpled pack of cigarettes. He dumped out a single cigarette into his palm, a sprinkle of loose tobacco falling out with it.

“Feckin’ eejit… This is why ah hate kids… ” he grumbled as he shoved the filter end between his lips, free hand fishing around for his lighter. He found it soon enough, flicking it a few times before the small flame danced to life. He was mere centimeters away from lighting up when the next annoyance arrived. His shoulders slumped, his eyes narrowed towards the teen shouting at him from the burning house.

“Oi, ye wanna make a bigger ruckus ‘round the normies there, ye daft wanker?!” Bel shouted, gesturing with his lighter at the firefighters and other onlookers around. He shook his head incredulously, finally lighting his cigarette and taking a drag. The bone fiend, meanwhile, merely turned to look in Lawrence’s direction. Though its bleached skull of a face was incapable of emoting, one got the impression that it held an expression that screamed “kill me now…”​

Auguste
Otherworld: (Interactions: jinxxes jinxxes MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Nearby: Mianigh Mianigh )

Another one!? Auguste bit down on his lip in displeasure. While this Elf? didn’t appear in such a suspicious manner like the first one but three creatures is pushing it quite a bit. Should he leave? If he left through the window he had been sitting on he’d be able to leave without trouble but...Auguste grimaces when he sees Dennis’s poor attempt at leaving. He was unsure if the poor man was unconscious or not but he had to be close to. What to do? What to do? Should he leave or attempt to help Dennis and get more answers? He doesn’t like how much unknowns everyone is but he doesn’t have much of a choice. To continue how he was or take leap of faith. If he continues how he was, he’d leave and try to find another creature alone. But who knows how long that would take considering it took him almost a week last time. If he takes the leap of faith... if he does... Auguste caresses his neck deep in thought, a habit formed after his death after all that’s where the wound that killed him is. He takes a deep breath and makes his choice and steps off the ledge into the dark depths.

“Oui. Quite the party it is.” Auguste bites out agreeing with Rikki’s remark. “Perhaps we should take a few moments and find a place for Dennis to lay down.” He continues, gesturing at Dennis when he mentions his name. “Maybe some food as well.” As he notices how skinny the man is. “So I suppose we’re seem taking this from the beginning. I’ll introduce myself then. I am Auguste de Giroux and I am here because I’m quite new to this place. This Otherworld. I merely wish to seek answers about this place. Nothing harmful I assure you. Since you’re all here I assume you’re all wanderers of sorts or do any one you have residence nearby in which there place for him to eat and lay down. Or...are you all leaving now? It would quite shameful to leave someone in need. I cannot provide what he needs as I do not know area well. So is one of you willing to be a Good Samaritan?” Auguste asks smiling, it was not a kind smile. It was one daring them to refuse and show their true nature. Though Auguste himself does not know what he’d do if they refused but his stress was building up and he could feel the suppressed anger that is always with him, lingering slightly below the surface. The deep seething anger that is his core as a vengeful spirit.

Tup
Present day: Human realm- Outside of house that's on fire
Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes Mianigh Mianigh ( Yahhah Yahhah ?)

Tup tried to open her eyes, but soot had immured them close, her hair was black from soot too.
(In human world it would be platium blonde, in Otherworld dark brown)
When she heard noise of yet another human, Tup stopped swinging her club and started crawling broadly away from noise. There wasn't any chance for her win against two humans.

Mikoro and Sean
Otherworld
Mikoro internally sighed and looked at his fellow ward, the familiar decided to let the werewolf handle it. He was much better at speaking without escalating then Mikoro anyway. "Well you see that crystal ball thing is a little communication device. Like a phone. Those names you heard belong to a couple friends of ours, that Hrothgar fella you heard about is a big time conspiracy theorist. Always wanting to look for ways into the human realm. He's a real crazy feller but he's a good person. I'd be careful bout that curiosity thing, back where I'm from there's a saying 'curiosity killed the cat'. Some folks get a little nasty when you pry" Sean said, he didn't have a threatening tone and just seemed to be making conversation.
Half-blood demon Half-blood demon

Fyrie
Human realm, school
Fyrie listened to Riah as they went towards the school. She hoped Lawrence took care of the fire well, Fyrie would've offered to go as well but figured Riah and Lawrence had a plan so she would go with it. "I don't think it'll matter if school is different here, I've never been anyway. This'll be a neat experience" Fyrie told Riah. Riah then told her she was in the human realm. Fyrie looked around, that explained why pretty much everyone looked the same around here. "I still don't know what an exchange student is, but I'm happy to help" Fyrie said happily. She noted that Riah introduced herself as a half-breed. That sounded like something Mikoro would say.
MirMonster13 MirMonster13

Hrothgar and Balin
Human realm, burning neighborhood
Hrothgar was standing at the edge of the street aiming a gemstone in all different directions. Balin had found a public bench and was juggling a stone between her hands to entertain herself. She was the first to notice Lawrence's appearance. "Hey isn't that the dragon from earlier"? Balin asked the dwarf. Hrothgar stopped moving his gem around and looked over. "Oh yeah that'd be him. Makes sense we'd end up in the same area as we took the same rift" Hrothgar observed. The dwarf followed the dragon's gaze and noticed the boney monster and child. The gemstone in his hand went pure black. "Dark magic" Hrothgar said a little shocked.
"Wait I thought humans didn't have magic" Balin pointed out. "So did I, maybe this realm is a bit more mystically inclined then we were aware" Hrothgar said. Balin pointed to the child, "should we get involved"? She asked, the dwarf shrugged.
Mianigh Mianigh Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes

Last edited:
MirMonster13 MirMonster13 PyroMonomania PyroMonomania jinxxes jinxxes Professor Spacecakes Professor Spacecakes Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Dennis wasn't feeling well. His entire world was spinning. He could only hope that someone would offer a place for them to stay just as Auguste had asked for. Being confined to an unfamiliar place surrounded by other people might not be the best for his mental health. However, taking a walk for a little while and simply focusing on movement would help to ground him and bring him back into reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside of burning building now, Lawrence spotted the goblin he was searching for. It was at the feet of a suspicious looking gruff biker man and sort of bone creature that defied reality. The bone creature was terrifying, the way it was looking at him now as if it could kill him easily. As the biker leered down at the writhing goblin, he spoke some rather harsh words at her that Lawrence picked up from where he was standing. He could obviously spot how bedraggled and scared the small goblin was. Their clothes were burnt and charred, their skin covered in a layer of black ash that disguised their face. To Lawrence the goblin seemed too small and weakened to be a threat to anyone. He could assume that they was a child, which would explain (at least in his mind) how their energy had been drained so quickly while in the presence of a young vampire. Whatever was happening within this strange group was obviously not well intended. If it was the case that something horrible was about to happen, then he would have to step in to rescue the goblin child before biker man and his evil bone creature could do something awful to them.

Lawrence looked the stranger in his eyes and raised his hands in a surrendering motion.
"I don't know who you are and I don't know what you want," he said, trying to instill confidence into his voice. "But you need to let the small one go. Just take your bone monster with you and leave."

Last edited:
Riah-Human Realm
Once they entered the building, Riah ushered Fyrie to the administrations office and spoke with the woman at the front desk. "Just need some paper-work for the exchange student over there," she pointed her thumb to the red-haired girl behind her. "She'll fill them out in homeroom, we'll have them back before the days out," she took the papers from the woman quickly and grabbed Fyrie before the lady could ask any questions, "Tanks!" Riah shouted as they busted through the door that lead to the office. "Sorry I'm making you rush, home-room is just this way and the last bell has yet to ring. We can make it," she said to the flustered girl behind her. All the while, as she lead herself and Fyrie to the homeroom classroom, Riah wondered what Lawrence was dealing with at this exact moment. As they rounded the corner, she spotted her classroom, luckily both doors were open, "lets sneak in the back," she wanted to avoid anyone staring at her as she walking in with the so called 'exchange student'.

Yahhah Yahhah Mianigh Mianigh

Ash - Human Realm
She had come in from the back door, like always, to avoid suspicious eyes as the final bell to the start of day sounded. Ash smirked. Riah was brave, or is it stupid.. to bring this Otherworld being here, but then again, a lot of things she did was a bit unnatural to him and as they took the two, empty, seats in the back of the class next to him, he tried to catch her attention. Yet the teacher began to speak, catching most of the students attention with the agenda for the day and he could see that Riah was already chattering quietly with the new girl, he leaned over as to try and catch bits of their conversation.

Yahhah Yahhah

Travaron - Otherworld Realm
"Sorry to startle," he leaned down to help Dennis up, "my name is Travaron. I hope I am not intruding," he glanced around the room, eyes darting quickly from one being to the other as to try and get a feel of who everyone was, or at least what their demeanor told him about them. "If you are looking to eat I do know of a decent Tavern just a few miles up from here that we can get more associated with one another?" he offered.
Mianigh Mianigh PyroMonomania PyroMonomania jinxxes jinxxes

Rikki
It was slight, but rikki could sense the danger behind Augustes words. How the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end and his gaze got stuck to him. Definitely glad that he didnt start a fight out of the gate, he figured dealing with him wouldn't have been too fun. The vampire racked his mind over the state of his own home, trying to think if there was anything out of place that would tip them off about his true behaviors. Nothing he could think of, Rikki was actually an incredibly tidy person and knew how to cook real food for his more fortunate, fun overnight guests.
"You can call me Rikki. Now," he really didn't want to be saying this, but hed play this little game to get the pieces back in his hands. "Tavern or my place?" He crossed his arms, raising a brow to auguste. Just as auguste had been testing the hospitality of the situation, Rikki sent the challenge right back at him. "Unless im there to get smashed I really dont like the crowds." Which that part wasnt even a lie. Rikki was introverted really, just taking on an extrovert persona when necessary. Just because he could schmooze people didnt mean he didnt get drained. "I have a cat, too." He added, seeing as how pets definitely did make a person seem less suspicious. Though he left out that she wasnt nice to others usually. He wouldnt mind seeing auguste get scratched up. The best bet with her really was hoping she wouldnt care and would ignore you.​

Auguste
Otherworld (Interactions: jinxxes jinxxes MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Mianigh Mianigh )

He’d rather not go to a tavern full of unknown creatures. As much as this Rikki person is irritating, it appears that the both of them are not irredeemably rude. Though he doesn’t know their ulterior motives he will concede to this. But the elf...he doesn’t like another tag along but if he starts to get more hostile the others will probably escalate so he guesses that the elf is coming too. Auguste holds his neck with one hand in a choking like fashion. He started to feel the seam of his death wound start to form. A sign that he was getting too emotional or sufficiently threatened. If that kept up he might’ve transformed right then and there. He dislikes his other form. It has unsettling appearance and his sight gets...odd to say the least. Probably because he was blinded shortly before his death. Not only that but he has to keep a ribbon tied around his neck otherwise his head will detach. Well thinking it more, it’s more of a hate for his other form since it’s the most blatant reminder of his death that he can get. Auguste let’s go of his neck have calmed down enough for the seam to retreat.

“I’d prefer not to go to tavern. So I suppose that it will your place, Rikki. I do hope that you will be a polite host.” Auguste says in response to Rikki deflecting the challenge back at him. Looking toward Dennis in a mildly concerned way he asks, “Are you able walk, Dennis? I could c...perhaps these messieurs can carry you.” He was about to offer to carry him but he can’t. Not his state. It have to physically interact with someone for that long....perhaps in the other but not this one. He looks back at the intruding duo. “Apologies for volunteering your services but surely your bleeding hearts won’t deny someone in need? So shall we be off?” Auguste says waiting for Rikki to lead the way.

PyroMonomania PyroMonomania jinxxes jinxxes MirMonster13 MirMonster13

Dennis nodded at Auguste and tried to stand on his wobbly feet. He gave a small thankful smile to Travaron behind him. Dark elves weren't known for small kindnesses, but he was grateful that everyone was willing to help him in his current state. He was used to the humans ignoring him when he had his attacks. Usually he'd have to hide in dark corners until he was alone and could calm himself down. This time he had people to rely on, and it made his heart soar that that was the case.

"I'll be fine," Dennis wheezed, trying to feel it too. "Thank you for... thank you."

Ever since Dennis had woken up in his current form, he'd felt weak, trapped, and alone. The friends he'd had in the Otherworld from before his transformation had never come to rescue him no matter how many years he'd waited. After a decade he'd started to wonder if he'd been forgotten. After a century he knew for certain he'd been betrayed. By now he wasn't used to having friends, and he still didn't consider that he had any. Maybe that could change though, maybe having a kernel of hope in this moment wasn't such a horrible, terrible idea as he'd once thought it to be, or maybe it was just his desperation talking from the isolation driving him mad... Either way, he couldn't walk away on his own right now. His legs far were too wobbly.

Travaron - Otherworld realm
He already knew they felt weary of his presence, he was, after all, a Dark elf but their tones did little to show and for that he was a bit grateful for. As they voted on where it would be that their introductions would take place, he was outvoted, and it was either due to the lack of trust that had on his choice in tavern or they just weren't comfortable with crowds. Either way, they had made their decision on Rikki's place and he wasn't about to back out now on making some possible acquaintances, "We can all agree that you're in need of assistance" he responded to Dennis, noticing that his legs were somewhat trembling. He looked from Riiki to Auguste and then to Dennis, wondering why Auguste had avoided carrying Dennis since he was the one to seem mainly concerned for his newfound friend. "if you are alright, with it," he said, looking over at Auguste as well, "I can carry you," he waited patiently for a response.

Mianigh Mianigh jinxxes jinxxes PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

[div class="root"] [div class="flexcontainer"] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="seikamainL"] [div class="seikaIMG" style="background: url('https://static.zerochan.net/Camus.%28Utapri%29.full.2797228.png') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="flexbox"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="EN"] Rikki Ellison [/div] [div class="indented"] [div class="accentheader"] location [/div] OtherWorld Realm
[div class="accentheader"] tags [/div] PyroMonomania PyroMonomania Mianigh Mianigh MirMonster13 MirMonster13 [/div] [div class="bodytext"] The vampire definitely found it interesting that Auguste wasn't suggesting to carry Dennis himself. He rose a brow, but didn't comment on it, not after that raising tension before. It would seem he would have to lead them all back to his place. Rikki really hoped Daisy would pick today to be extra cranky, would be amusing to see her scratch Auguste. His lips quirked up slightly in a grin at the thought, "If you help him, I can lead the way." Travaron would find Rikki wouldn't be judgmental of him in the slightest,at least not in terms of being suspicious of his race. Rikki wasn't exactly a good person a lot of the time, he wasn't outright malicious but he was definitely antagonistic. A dark elf would normally be the type of person he'd like, though from what he'd seen so far it didn't seem like he had a bone to pick with any of them.

Rikki started towards the door, eager to get going. He'd have home advantage anyways if they went there, would put him more at ease. "Ready when you are." [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
code by @Nano
[class name="root"] --bg: #fefefe; --accent: #b54434; --grey1: #656765; --grey2: #aaaaaa; --grey3: #e8e8e8; --text: #878787; --s1: 45px; --s2: 35px; --s3: 25px; --s4: 1.0em; --s5: 0.9em; --JP: 'Sawarabi Mincho', sans-serif; --EN: 'Work Sans', sans-serif; --LH: 125%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; margin: 0 auto; padding: 50px 0; background-color: var(--bg); font-size: initial; [/class] [class name="flexcontainer"] flex: 1 0 100%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; margin-left: -20px; width: 100%; max-width: 840px; [/class] [class name="flexbox"] flex: 1 0 300px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 20px; width: 100%; max-width: 400px; height: 70vh; max-height: 650px; background-color: var(--bg); overflow: hidden; position: relative; [/class] [class name="seikamainL"] box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px; border: 1px solid var(--grey3); background-color: var(--bg); [/class] [class name="seikaIMG"] display: flex; flex-flow: column-reverse nowrap; width: 100%; max-width: 348px; height: calc(70vh - 52px); max-height: 598px; background: url('') 50% 25%/400px 600px no-repeat; [/class] [class name="JP"] font-size: var(--s1); font-family: var(--JP); font-weight: 500; color: var(--accent); line-height: 100%; [/class] [class name="EN"] font-size: var(--s2); font-family: var(--EN); font-weight: 900; color: var(--grey1); line-height: 100%; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] padding-right: 18px; width: 100%; max-width: 400px; height: 70vh; max-height: 650px; background-color: var(--bg); overflow-y: auto; [/class] [class name="bodytext"] margin-top: 25px; font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); text-align: justify; color: var(--text); line-height: var(--LH); [/class] [class name="indented"] margin-top: 25px; margin-left: 20px; width: calc(100% - 20px); font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); text-align: justify; color: var(--text); line-height: var(--LH); [/class] [class name="accentheader"] display: inline-block; font-family: var(--EN); font-size: var(--s4); line-height: (--LH); color: var(--accent); text-transform: uppercase; [/class]

Last edited:
Fyrie
Human Realm, class
Fyrie followed Riah through the school they went into what looked like an office, Fyrie assumed by the handful of times she'd visited Lady Florence's office but this one was different as it didn't have all the mythical stuff Lady Florence kept around. Riah said something to a lady behind a desk and Fyrie was about to say hi when Riah turned around again and whisked her away. Riah told her about a homeroom and a bell, Fyrie didn't know what the bell meant but she didn't wanna find out. She followed the girl to a classroom, Fyrie was aware of a boy sitting in a seat waving to the two of them but didn't point it out. She motioned to him. "Do you know that boy, I think he was trying to say something to us"? Fyrie asked Riah, not really knowing to pay close attention to the teacher.
MirMonster13 MirMonster13

Riah-Human Realm
She could feel his eyes on them as the took the only two seats available and turned her back to him as she started filling in the exchange student paperwork. Ash's eyes bore into her back even as Ms. Marcum, the homeroom teacher, began speaking and she felt herself lean more into her desk. She almost didn't hear Fyrie ask if she knew the man behind her, but on instinct, her body did a natural thing and she rolled her eyes. "That's no ordinary boy," she responded and she peered over her shoulder to glare at him. "What?!" She nearly hissed at him, practically barring her fangs. A few students looked back but it wasn't enough to call attention to the teacher, thankfully and she quickly looked back at Fyrie, "not on good terms.." she said as if it wasn't noticable.

Ash-Human Realm
He watched the other girl motion for Riah to look his way and he knew he wasn't going to be met with a friendly gaze but it seemed as if his classmate was already frustrated with her day. She hissed at him, making a few students look back, and they were giving them stares that said quiet down. Ash chuckled, "tsch," knowing she would be able to hear him. "I know you've got a secret with you," he leaned closer and looked at the girl, "my name is Ash," he mouthed to her, wondering if the new girl could read lips.

Yahhah Yahhah

Auguste
Otherworld (Nearby: MirMonster13 MirMonster13 Mianigh Mianigh jinxxes jinxxes )

Auguste tenses when he feels the stares dig into him, forgetting his circumstances, a mistake he seems to keep making. Tangibility is not a easy thing for him to achieve, it requires a sort of mental energy. It’s much easier to achieve when he’s in a high emotional state which is unfortunately a trigger for his transformation. He tends to avoid all things pertaining to his...unique circumstances which combined with his lack of interaction with people after all these years has lead to repeated mistakes. Auguste’s passive expression breaks into a sort of bafflement when he hears Dennis’s thanks. It had been too long since he was thanked for something. When was it? When he was last thanked? People were so afraid of him back in France. When he was still...

Auguste stares down at a woman with a bruised face. She has been refusing to tell him of the perpetrator who caused those bruises. Likely her husband. Well it doesn’t matter he’s gotten enough hints from this women to confirm the suspect. A truly filthy, vile thing people can be. It’s a good thing he got the rot’s workplace from that woman. With a smile he walks off leaving the very confused, downtrodden woman behind. Auguste gets into his carriage and looks to the driver.

“Take me to Baillieu’s bakery.” Auguste says with a dark smile. The drivers says nothing, doing everything in his power to avoid his eyes. Off they went so that Auguste may pay the baker a very kind visit. A few days later Auguste sees the same woman, no new bruises and a lighter look in her eyes. A good sign. He was sure that his talk with the baker was a very informative one. The woman spots him and runs up.

“Thank you.” She says quietly, looking down at her feet before walking away.

How delightful. A soft smile appears on his face. He never gets thanks for these things especially in the chaos of these times. Looking down at the papers in his hand he compares the drawn face to the crowd and spots a certain face, looks like he found that murderer. A hateful grin creeps up on him. This one dies slowly.

Auguste feels warmer at the memory. He never thought about how nice a heartfelt thanks feels until now when the last time he got one was centuries ago. Though on the silver lining his circumstances make it so that hunting the retched is a lot more easier. Shrugging off the stares he watches as the Elf offer to carry Dennis. He feels a pang of regret at not being able to make the offer. Though it looks like Rikki is ready to leave so he walks completely silently across the creaking floors to the front door. Following Rikki as he leads the way to his residence Auguste places himself behind everyone being the last in semi line they’re making. It doubled as a desire to watch Dennis’s status and complies to the fact that he doesn’t trust anyone with his back. With hands clasped behind his back Auguste elegantly follows unperturbed by anything nature tries throw at him during the trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back